In our time of technological progress, when information has the highest value, chipping (identification) is gaining popularity.
The chip is essentially an animal's electronic passport, which contains a unique identification number. In civilized European countries, the presence of a chip in an animal is necessarily on a par with a passport in humans. Thus, each animal must be chipped.
In Russia, chipping of animals is just becoming relevant. At least, because it will be impossible to bring an animal into the territory of any European state without having a chip or a dog. And our citizens love to travel, including with their pets. And at most for security reasons. Indeed, thanks to the chip, you can easily find your lost tail-friend.
Electronic chipping of animals is an implantation of an electronic chip (capsule) under the skin. Most often he implanted in withers. The capsule is so small that it will be absolutely not felt by the animal. It is created from materials that are biologically compatible with body tissues and do not cause rejection and allergic reactions.
The chip is inserted using a special syringe. The procedure is absolutely painless. Does not cause any particular discomfort to the animal.
Getting under the skin of an animal, over time, the chip grows with connective tissue, which ensures its immobility. It is impossible to grope the chip outside, thus only the pet owner will be aware of its presence.
It is better to spend chipping animals as early as possible (conditionally established minimum age - 5 weeks of life). An earlier introduction ensures maximum safety for your pet throughout its life.
Information storage system
About chipping animals there are fair questions. How can information from a chip be read? What guarantees of storage and reliability of information exist?
To store information from the chips, there is a special central storage base (electronic storage). It contains all the information about the established animal chips. Large veterinary clinics use additional storage databases. The main thing that veterinarians pay attention to when choosing a repository is reliability, efficiency of work, the possibility of entering data into the central database and into international repositories, the possibility of entering additional information.
In order to read information from the chip, you need a special scanner. You can use the stationary device installed in the clinics, you can use a portable portable or even a handheld. The scanner is a must-have equipment; without it, it will simply be impossible to get information from the chip.
The information stored on the electronic microchip is unique and is entered once. Electronic storage ensures absolute data confidentiality.
Dogs are active animals and most of the time are in motion. Therefore, the need for electronic identification is obvious. Chip for dogs is a guarantee that if an animal runs away, gets lost or is stolen, then it will be easier to find it. Thanks to the entered information about the owner, you can easily contact him by just clicking the scanner at the intended location of the microchip.
Also, when crossing the border with an animal there is no need to carry extra documents in paper form. After all, they can be forgotten or lost, and the chip for dogs is always on the animal.
Dogs chip is inserted into the left side of the neck or in the middle of the withers, subcutaneously. The introduction procedure is quick and painless. Preparing for chipping is exactly the same as for a regular injection.
Cats, as everyone knows, love to walk on their own. Sometimes such walks end badly - the animal is lost or falls into the hands of intruders.
Recently, volunteers and owners practice chipping cats. This procedure allows you to protect meowing fluffy and guarantee him a return to his usual place of residence.
Also, if it enters the veterinary clinic, the animal will be scanned and the doctor will immediately receive the data he needs. Enter information about the animal and the host is best maximized. If you need to change the data, you need to contact the veterinarian who introduced the chip.
Despite the fact that cats are small animals, the introduction of the chip does not cause them discomfort. It takes just a few minutes.
Chipping cats guarantees pet safety. The chip is installed for up to 25 years, that is, once and for life.
Where are the chips installed and how much does it cost?
Chipping animals is carried out in veterinary clinics by experienced professionals. It is best to choose a clinic that installs EU standard chips. They are read both on the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad.
After installing the chip data is entered into the database for storage. The owner is issued a certificate of installation identifier, stickers with a bar code and chip number.
The average cost of chipping is from 600 to 2000 rubles. The price includes a procedure and a microchip. The maximum price is based on the departure of the veterinarian to the house.
For the quiet life of the owner and pet, for the return of the animal in an unforeseen situation to their home, for the smooth export abroad chipping is important and necessary. The procedure is safe, quick, simple. It is better to spend a couple of hours going to the vet than spending a lot of time, money and nerves later, solving problems that could have been avoided.
What is the best database?
Veterinarians often ask this question, because the process of introducing a chip is carried out in veterinary clinics and all data about the pet is added to the information base by a doctor. Today in Russia there are several bases for the registration of identified animals. Consider a number of factors that should be considered when choosing a registration base:
- Stable work.
- Rapid registration of animals (many people learn about the need to chip pets only before traveling to Europe).
- Combining the database with other information registration databases.
- Convenient search engine.
- The ability to enter additional data on the pet and its owner.
- High-quality work of technical support of the registration base (without this, an operational search for an animal would be very difficult).
- Availability of auxiliary search and other functions.
In AnimalFace, all of the above conditions are met. This registration base is characterized by a wide information network, which does not go against the principle of confidentiality. Information about the animal is filled in English. This makes it possible to cooperate with the largest registration databases such as Petmaxx and EuroPetNet. Today AnimalFace is the only representative who has achieved such wide cooperation. In addition, AnimalFace constantly improves the search structure, cooperating with more than 90 registration databases.
We have achieved serious results in the question of finding and returning pets to their owners. In addition, in our information database, you can record data on vaccinations of an animal, thereby significantly simplifying the work of veterinarians. We pay special attention to ensuring that the data in our registration database are always current and reliable. Such a policy greatly increases the chances of returning the animal to the owner. Thanks to the use of innovative technical equipment, we managed to create an effective and convenient information space for veterinarians, pet owners and all people who care about animals. Our users have access to special services for the dynamic search of information about animals that have passed the identification process.
Our main goal is to distribute the registration network, which will create a favorable soil for the safe life of animals, their transportation across the border and recognition in the event of a sale or loss of a pet. Recall that the introduction of the chip is the international standard for registering a pet, which is analogous to a passport.
In most civilized countries, chipping of any home animals is a prerequisite for keeping an animal. Based on the experience of leading world countries, we have developed the widest registration base.
Results: Why Choose AnimalFace Registration Base
So, let's briefly summarize the advantages of our database:
AnimalFace cooperates with the two most popular registration databases.
- We have integrated information from more than 90 information systems,
- Continuous access to information about pets and their owners,
- 24/7 online technical support
- Individual approach to the client and the provision of information, taking into account the location of the user,
- The ability to use the database through mobile devices
- All processes are carried out in the nline mode, all changes are immediately compared with the data from the Petmaxx and EuroPetNet registration databases,
- AnimalFace is the first registration database containing information on pet vaccinations,
The advantages of our registration database for companies working with animals:
- you don't need to install any software to work on your computer
- prompt update of information on chip pets
- display of vaccination data,
- displaying company details,
- integration with other databases,
- systematic modernization of the registration database.
The advantages of our database for pet owners:
- the opportunity to personally enter into the registration database information about the pet, which will immediately be transferred to international databases,
- the ability to enter information about a lost or found pet,
- the ability to interact with other users,
- the ability to add information about yourself and the animal without first contacting the company that conducted the chipping of the pet,
- the ability to post photos on the server.
Since April 19, 2013 we accept credit cards!
The schedule of the clinic and pharmacy in December 2018- January 2019 But the most important, if your pet is lost (even abroad), the probability of its return many times increases. Since 2002, the importation of an animal into the European Union and other countries (usually island) without a microchip is impossible! And from the end of 2015, in Kazakhstan, chipping of animals is necessary. Also in some regions of Russia, for example, in the Krasnodar Territory compulsory animal chipping has been introduced. Domestic cats are less adapted to "street life", and therefore it is very important to return the animal to its usual environment as quickly as possible, otherwise the animal may die. In this case, the use of a microchip as an identification - is necessary. If you decide to buy microchips for cats, then you are always special mini-microchips. Chipping kittens can be done already in the first month of life, provided that the animal does not get sick. It is also desirable to perform the procedure. before rabies vaccination. A domestic dog can be accurately recognized even after several days spent on the street, so many animal lovers are trying to get the dog back, using either state services, or trying to take the loss to a veterinary clinic or nursery, where they can scan the microchip and find where the animal is registered , and return it to the owner as soon as possible. It is very important that in the AnimalFace database it is possible to see the vaccinations that have been made, thereby giving information about current vaccinations. Our recommendation is chipping puppies and dogs necessarilyIf you are looking for dogs for your pet, then we have high-quality German chips. Want extra loss protection for your pet? Use electronic NFC key chains. The microchip can be delivered to the puppy already in the first month of his life; the procedure should be carried out before vaccination and only to a healthy animal. Microchip - is a chip that contains information that can be read by the scanner. Microchips for cats and dogs can be divided into the following types:
Why do I need chipping animals?
Why do you need chipping cats?
Why do you need chipping dogs?
Chips and NFC tags for dogs, cats and other animals
But the most important, if your pet is lost (even abroad), the probability of its return many times increases.
Since 2002, the importation of an animal into the European Union and other countries (usually island) without a microchip is impossible! And from the end of 2015, in Kazakhstan, chipping of animals is necessary.
Also in some regions of Russia, for example, in the Krasnodar Territory compulsory animal chipping has been introduced.
Domestic cats are less adapted to "street life", and therefore it is very important to return the animal to its usual environment as quickly as possible, otherwise the animal may die. In this case, the use of a microchip as an identification - is necessary. If you decide to buy microchips for cats, then you are always special mini-microchips.
Chipping kittens can be done already in the first month of life, provided that the animal does not get sick. It is also desirable to perform the procedure. before rabies vaccination.
A domestic dog can be accurately recognized even after several days spent on the street, so many animal lovers are trying to get the dog back, using either state services, or trying to take the loss to a veterinary clinic or nursery, where they can scan the microchip and find where the animal is registered , and return it to the owner as soon as possible.
It is very important that in the AnimalFace database it is possible to see the vaccinations that have been made, thereby giving information about current vaccinations.
Our recommendation is chipping puppies and dogs necessarilyIf you are looking for dogs for your pet, then we have high-quality German chips. Want extra loss protection for your pet? Use electronic NFC key chains.
The microchip can be delivered to the puppy already in the first month of his life; the procedure should be carried out before vaccination and only to a healthy animal.
Microchip - is a chip that contains information that can be read by the scanner. Microchips for cats and dogs can be divided into the following types:
The size of the microchip is very small (2 mm by 12 mm). To represent this size, we can take a grain from rice. Also at the moment there are mini-microchips, the dimensions of which are even smaller and are 1.4 to 8 mm. With all the variety of characteristics, microchips for animals are developed according to international standards ISO (11784/11785).
So what information is contained in the microchip? Once again, the microchip itself contains only individual set of numbers (unique code). Microchips for dogs and cats, which contain additional memory in which it is possible to record information about the animal and owner, are quite rare. But for scanning such microchips a special scanner is required. And therefore, as a rule, all data is stored in the database.
What code is stored in the microchip? These are 15 digits, consider the example of the chip 643093400076000:
- 643 - country code. In our case, this is the code of Russia. If the code is different from "643" or has the value "900", then this chip is most likely imported into Russia in the "gray" way, and we would not recommend them for use,
- 0 - separator between codes,
- 934 - manufacturer codein our case it is Tierchip Dasmann, which is registered in the ICAR (The International Committee for Animal Recording) system. Using this code, you can find out what manufacturer has manufactured the chips, if you are told that the chip is German or Russian, and the ICAR code is a manufacturer from China, then the microchip capsule itself is Chinese.
- 00076000 - a unique chip code the remaining 8 digits.
Microchips are implanted under the skin of an animal using a special syringe, in the needle of which there is a microchip. This procedure is absolutely safe and painless, comparable to a vaccination injection.
It is also worth noting that this technology is not in place, and some manufacturers offer microchips and NFC tags, which allows using not only special scanners as scanners, but also mobile devices with technology support. NFC (Near Field Communication).
NFC tags can act as the main method of identification, and as an additional one together with a microchip. So in the near future we will completely abandon the use of traditional tags for animals, such as collars, it will be enough to bring the smartphone to the animal to get all the information.
How to track an animal by GPS satellite
Another way to track an animal is to use NFC tags. Advantages compared to the chip, for this you don’t need to be taken to a clinic or other organization to read the chip, or you can scan the tag on-site using a telephone and call the owner. Also when scanning the tag owner will receive a notification with the location of the animal! And one more plus compared to the GPS tracker, the fact that the label does not have a battery, and as a result it works for an unlimited time.
If you want to constantly receive information about the location of your pet, then only the GPS tracker will definitely help you. Just as he transmits information via satellite and on the phone, you can determine the location of the animal. But there are also disadvantages, the device is rather cumbersome, compared to a chip or an NFC tag. The tracker must be constantly charged, if the battery sits down it will be impossible to track the animal. Also, for the operation of this device, you need a stable signal of a cellular network and a GPS satellite.
Usually, scanners are needed only for veterinary organizations and ordinary pet owners, they are completely useless. It is also worth noting that due to the development of the electronic animal identification system, prices for scanners have significantly decreased from $ 1,000 to $ 300 and even cheaper, and some models can already be bought for less than $ 150.
Of course, it is important to understand that the data on animals and owners must be stored somewhere and processed for further use. For this, a database of chipped animals, AnimalFace, was created. Using the database is carried out:
- Our base is the only one in Russia that cooperates immediately with the two largest bases "PETMAXX" and "EuroPetNet". Thereby allowing you to maximize protect your animal from loss,
- Reliability and confidentiality of pet ownership data
- 24-hour access to data around the world,
- Возможности владельцу самостоятельно внести данные о своем питомце,
- Карточка животного полностью переведена на английский язык,
- Ведение учета вакцинаций животного,
- Выездное чипирование собак и кошек в Москве и Санкт-Петербурге,
- Mobile version of the site for operational use.
For decades, the identification of animals was carried out using branding and tattoos, which have several disadvantages:
- application of the stigma is an extremely painful procedure for an animal,
- over time, the tattoo may be distorted, filthy or overgrown,
- if necessary, the stamp can be forged.
Along with the development of information technologies, the problem of animal identification has now been solved with the help of microchips.
Registration of dogs and cats is carried out a month after the acquisition of the animal. In puppies and kittens, as a rule, it coincides with the first vaccination.
It is important to bear in mind that to travel to some countries requires chipping on the same day as the rabies vaccination (2 vaccinations).
Registration and vaccination of animals have the right to conduct only those clinics that have the appropriate permissions. When chipping and registration data are recorded in a special journal and veterinary passport of the animal, which also bring information about vaccinations, deworming and treatment against external parasites. This passport serves as the basis for registration of veterinary-accompanying documents (for leaving animals). Such requirements, first of all, should exclude the transportation of animals across the border, which may be infected with various infectious diseases, including rabies, and also reduce the risk of replacing one animal with another during transportation.
International veterinary passports and vaccination certificates for dogs and cats.
First of all, registration is necessary for the owners of those animals who frequently travel, since from January 1, 2010, import of unchipped animals into the EU countries is prohibited. An important aspect in favor of chipping is the identity of identification. Participation in exhibitions and breeding events is also possible only on the basis of the chip number conforming to the ISO 11784/85 standard entered in the International Database. The presence of an electronic chip is extremely important in order to exclude the substitution of elite animals at exhibitions and while traveling inside the country.
Other advantages of chipping:
- The presence of a microchip in animals allows for a simpler accounting system in veterinary clinics, in which case histories and preventive measures for each animal have numbers corresponding to the microchip number.
- Electronic identification can significantly simplify the search for the owner in case of loss of the animal. Chipping helps the owner to find a pet in the event of his loss, and when finding a foreign animal, you can always easily determine the coordinates of its owner by contacting a specialized local or Internet base.
- Chipping is a strong argument for disputes over ownership of a particular animal.
- In many countries of the world, on the basis of animal chipping, control and monitoring systems have already been created.
- Environmental organizations use the identification system to control the migration of wild animals.
How is chipping?
The chipping process is a subcutaneous implantation of a microchip.
Microchip for animals.
A microchip is a small sterile capsule made of biocompatible glass, the size of a rice grain, the material of which ensures the absence of a reaction of rejection and migration of the microchip. It emits nothing, does not require a power source and is activated only under the influence of a scanner. By itself, it does not contain information about the animal, it only carries its unique 15-digit code. It can not be supplemented or changed, which guarantees the impossibility of forgery. For storage and recognition of information about the animal and its owner, electronic international databases are used.
- The microchip is in a special disposable applicator, similar to a syringe, hermetically packed.
- Before the subcutaneous injection of the microchip, the injection site is treated with an alcohol solution.
- The chip is injected subcutaneously in the area of the withers or scapula. In the future, for 5-7 days, it will be surrounded by a connective tissue capsule, limiting its movement.
- Information is read using a scanner that emits a low-power radio signal.
- Data on the owner and chipping are entered by a specialist in the standard veterinary passport and in the international certificate on chipping (in Russian and English).
In the veterinary clinic of Dr. Gil, information about chipped animals is sent to 2 databases: Animal-ID and AnimalFace, in which after the chipping procedure you can find your animal by chip number and add information about it with some additional information or add photos after registering with portal.
Is it possible to find an animal with the help of some special navigator, via satellite in case of loss?
Unfortunately, no, because the microchip does not work - it is too small for such functions and, as already mentioned, without a scanner, nothing radiates. However, it definitely helps in finding a pet!
The microchip itself, which allows to accurately identify the animal, record and control at all checkpoints, clinics and trapping services, and the international database of microchipped animals, which is a link in this chain, together help to achieve the desired result. Their joint work leads to a clearer control and faster search, and the effectiveness of such a system has already been proven by international practice.
In conclusion, I would like to wish all readers - be responsible and attentive to your favorites.
Features chipping dogs
Identification of pets every year is gaining popularity. This is due to the frequent breeding of expensive threshold and the high degree of work of fraudsters in the livestock market.
The code contains information about the country or manufacturer. After the introduction of the chip data comes in a single database. In Russia, there are two main databases: Animal-ID and AnimalFace.
It is preferable to stamping or adresnik. The current microchip makes it easy to determine what kind of animal it is and to whom it belongs.
Chipping is performed for the purpose of radio frequency identification of the dog.
Why is a microchip necessary for an animal?
The main function of chipping is the registration of pets in a single database. The procedure is most relevant and necessary for owners, often traveling with pets. Departure to the EU without an e-passport is not possible.
The presence of a microchip allows you to:
- identify pet
- give information about his health,
- get an electronic version of documents for traveling abroad,
- Make it easier to search for theft or loss of a pet.
The time of the procedure
Chipping is not a complicated operation that requires special dog training. Can do at any time.
For purebred pets in kennels, chips are set at the age of 5-6 weeks. In this case, the number is recorded in the documents of the pet.
The kit, in addition to the transponder, includes a disposable special syringe with liquid
When choosing the time should take into account only the state of the pet. It is not recommended to carry out the procedure for colds, inflammatory diseases or other abnormalities.
An interesting fact is that there are a number of countries where vaccination, carried out before chipping, becomes invalid after the introduction of the chip. Therefore, it is repeated.
Before the procedure, each owner decides two basic questions:
- where to spend,
- what chip to use
When choosing a clinic, it is recommended to consider:
- professional experience,
- professionalism of doctors,
- quality of equipment
- cost of the procedure.
The cost of the procedure is on average 2000-2500 rubles.
In private regional clinics the cost of implantation is lower than in regional centers or the capital.
The price starts from 500 rubles.
The implantation of the microchip occurs in several stages.
- Check device. A chip is a microcircuit enclosed in a special capsule. Before the introduction under the skin, it is scanned, checking the performance of the device.
- The choice of location. The specialist determines the place where the device will be implanted. Most often it is the pet's withers.
- The implantation of the chip. Before the introduction of the capsule specialist makes an injection with a solution that facilitates the introduction of the chip. Then the chip is inserted. Depending on the size of the dog, it can be 2x12 millimeters or 1.4x8.5 millimeters.
- Re-scan. After implantation, the device is rescanned.
- Transition to ordinary life. The adaptation period is no more than a week. At this time, the pet may feel light discomfort. Then the pets return to normal life.
Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Installing a transponder is a process available to any pet owner.
The advantages of chipping include:
- long work time
- low trauma and painlessness,
- unchanged individual code
- electronic passport, with the entry of data into a single register,
- facilitating the search for a pet with its unique identification,
- facilitating the proof of ownership of the animal in case of legal proceedings,
- facilitating access to health information,
- low cost and ease of holding.
Despite the undeniable advantages, there are a number of disadvantages.
- Lack of uniform equipment standards. The chip may not be readable if the chip and the reader are manufactured by different manufacturers.
- Installation of non-certified products. In small private clinics, non-certified microchips can be installed, which in most cases are not readable.
- The lack of a mechanism for changing information about the owner in the database. When purchasing an adult microchipped animal, information about the owner who conducted the process remains in the database.
- The need to remove the old chip and implant a new one if it breaks down or changes its owner.
Common misconceptions about chipping
Despite the prevalence, there are misconceptions associated with chipping among pet owners.
- Painlessness Chipping is a little painful procedure. But in case of individual intolerance, an inflammatory process can occur in the injection area.
- The operation of the device for a long time and fixation in place. During the life of the chip does not remain in one place. It migrates under the skin. There are cases when the device is implanted in the withers, and found in the area of the scapula. When exposed to electromagnetic radiation, the microcircuits fail and are no longer readable.
- Ease of search. The chip does not guarantee an easy search for an animal in case of loss.
They store information about the clinic where the process took place.
Chipping is a reliable and affordable way to identify an animal. Breeders of expensive breeds and ordinary owners of animals resort to it. With the right choice of clinic, the procedure does not harm the animal's health, and the introduced chip serves for many years.