When caring for the bird, it is important to know how to feed the quail at home. The diet for babies, grown-up quail and females is different ingredients. How to prepare food, how many times to feed animals, experts give advice.
Features of quail development
Quails are a source of dietary meat and eggs without cholesterol. Birds develop quickly, by two months the adult individual of the meat breed weighs 160, the usual layer is about 100 g. Fat is felt on the birds' breasts. Feeding quail at different stages of development is different diet and frequency.
Chicks go through the stages of development:
- first week after breeding,
- the next 2-4 weeks of a quail's life,
- adolescence 35-42 days,
A seven-week bird is considered an adult, and fattening is carried out to improve the quality of the parent flock. Part of the brood, females after vydik and quails older than 11 months are fattened for meat.
We will understand what to feed the quail at home at every stage of the maintenance.
Feeding the chicks
Chickens hatched, and the first food will be steeply boiled eggs, crushed along with the shell. On the second day, the menu includes 2 g of cottage cheese on each head. On the third day, finely chopped greens are added to the feeder. Then gradually increase the amount of cottage cheese in the mash and reduce the egg. Every day during the week the menu changes in the direction of reducing the addition of eggs. The frequency of eating is 5 times a day. Sour milk is used for watering.
The second period, the chicks should gradually go to the feed, which contains up to 26% protein with a caloric content of 280 units. Feed babies 4 times. Preparation for the adult life of the young is the transition to the main feed for quails. But in order for the female to carry eggs and stay healthy, it is necessary to increase vitamin supplements during this period. The content of vitamins E, A in the feed increases by 50%, and the protein component is reduced to 15% in order to delay egg laying during the early period of maturation of the female. You need to know that eggs are not formed without adding grain to the feed.
How to feed an adult quail
Diet varies, which is designed to meet the needs of:
- quail males,
- parent stock,
- fattening for meat.
Feed consumption per 100 females per month is 90 kg. During this time, egg production will be 2000 eggs. What to feed quail so that they are well carried? For females used complex mixture of two or three components. Balanced in protein, fats and carbohydrates, the feed must contain egg shells for a set of shells. The amount of protein increases to 25%.
Daily feed intake is 25-30 grams. Applying the usual feed for quails, it is necessary to enrich it with cottage cheese, fish or soy.
With an increase in the composition of the protein above the norm, it is possible to obtain eggs with two yolks. It is impossible to overfeed a bird, it will fatten and stop laying eggs. In a year, 90 kg of PC-1 feed should go to one head. The use of greens and seedlings of cereals is welcome.
Homemade food with high protein and moisture consumed fresh. Poisoning with spoiled food or excess salt is detrimental.
In the recipe of food for quails with your own hands is crushed grain mixture:
- wheat - 1 kg,
- barley - 100 g,
- corn - 400 g,
- bone meal - 5 g,
- vegetable oil - 3 g
Mineral supplements are represented by shell, chalk, and salt, 5 grams of each ingredient. Protein supplement - cottage cheese, boiled fish, minced meat. The composition includes greens and egg shells.
Other recipes for feed for quails with their own hands may consist of mixed fodder enriched with additives or mixtures:
- Corn is an energy product, used in composition with 40% bone meal or boiled fish.
- Oats must first be cleaned of films, it contains trace elements and vitamins, the action is similar to millet.
- Wheat increases and maintains the productivity of the hens.
- Legumes contain protein, fat, amino acids.
- Fish and bone meal are protein supplements.
- Dairy products in the form of cottage cheese and yogurt, boiled eggs supply protein.
- Vegetables in the form of finely chopped root vegetables and greens. Potatoes are added boiled.
- Mineral supplements to give in the form of chalk, shell rock, gravel, egg shells.
The use of ready-made mixtures simplifies the care of birds. Self-made food must be given fresh, not allowing souring.
Males of quail prefer pecking small seeds of weeds, millet and even poppy. They need protein in the form of larvae, greens. Compound feed for male parrots will have quail to taste. Water should always be clean water.
The diet of the parent livestock is saturated and varied. The best quails are selected from young stock, starting from the fifth week. A full feed for the herd includes high-quality feed with the above listed additives. By the way there will be an addition of baker's yeast, cake and grass meal.
If the flock is being prepared for slaughter, how to feed the quail at home? Juveniles, birds that have worked with hens and individuals of “old” age should be fed for meat. For them, apply a special diet with the inclusion of broiler feed. The content of corn is increasing, boiled peas are used.
During the fattening period, eating carrots gives the meat a more saturated color. In the menu at the fattening stage, you can not add odorous products to the meat turned out fragrant.
Birds are divided by gender, placed in darkened close cells, and within 4 days they gradually change their diet. Fattening lasts 4 weeks, with a gradual increase in daily consumption of up to 30 grams. By the end of the term the individual must weigh 160 grams.
Quail herd provides dietary products in the form of eggs, meat and is updated annually. You can keep quails even in an apartment, in a cage.
What to feed quail chicks?
Quail chicks at different ages are fed in different ways.
First of all, in the early days, the chicks still take the nutrients from the yolkwhich was not fully absorbed during the period of their incubation. That is why chicks are only fed with boiled eggs.
Secondly, at that age Chicks require high-calorie and vitaminized feed.
Daily Quail Chicks
From the first days of life
- On the first day begin to give boiled steep chicken and quail eggs with shells.
- From the second day add to the diet grated low-fat cottage cheese at the rate of 2 grams per individual.
- From the third to the fourth day add greens (lettuce, dandelion, nettle, young grass) and begin to reduce the number of eggs in the feed.
Already add raw protein feed 25% and 280 calories of energy and clabber.
Monthly and forth
Continue to feed the feed for the chicks. From the third week millet is gradually introduced. You can already mix cabbage, clover, alfalfa, spinach and other greens. In winter, greens are replaced by sprouted oats, wheat, onions, millet, and corn.
Fifth week already give compound feed for adults. This feed already contains 15% of raw protein.
If there is no such feed, you can make it yourself from feed for chicks by adding small oatmeal, barley or wheat cereal. This is done in this ratio: 250 grams of feed mixed with 150 grams of cereals.
You can also to cook the feed yourself:
- 240 g of a mixture of various cereals (millet, rice, oatmeal, barley, wheat),
- 144 g of cottage cheese or fish meal and dry skim milk,
- 16 g of chalk, shells.
Already sprinkled once a week dry gravel. Also mixed boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables (turnips, beets, carrots) and grated apples.
What to feed the hens, that would be a good rush?
The most popular feed the same as for layers. To make the hens well born Combine mixed feeds PK6 and PK5 with PK2 and dietary supplements (with vitamins "A" and "E") for young chickens.
The cheapest mixture turns out to be three-component in equal proportions: corn, soybean, alfalfa or meat and bone meal.
To increase the amount of vitamins, and to diversify the diet of quail add worms, maggots, finely chopped kitchen waste.
In the summer, weeds with ripened seeds are placed in the cells.
Feeding male quail
As mentioned, weed seeds, cereals can be added to the diet of quails (soris, sorghum, millet), the larvae and the insects themselves.
Canary seed, boiled fish, boiled egg should prevail in the diet of males. But there are a few features in their feeding:
- Rye exclude from the diet.
- Legumes are added, both in the form of grain, and cooked.
- Add poppy at the rate of 5-7 grams per head.
- Bring Vika in the diet by mixing it with oats.
- If you have not found a special feed for male quails, you can replace it. feed for parrots.
- At least 2 times a day change the water in the drinker.
Additionally, vitamins are added and mixed into the feed from the following calculations (see table below):
Having decided how to feed quails at home, it is also important to develop a clear mode for the issuance of feed (Figure 2).
Figure 2. An example of the diet for feeding quail feed
First of all, you need to take care that there is enough protein in the diet, since it is responsible for egg production. To do this, in the diet include cottage cheese, meat and fish waste. Feeding is carried out three times a day at the same time, and it is desirable to produce grain at night. It is digested for a long time, which means that quails will not have time to get hungry in the morning.
The rate of feeding per day
Quails eat little, so one adult per day requires only 25-30 grams of feed. Most should be protein. This condition is particularly important for laying hens, although the young must receive enough protein for normal growth and development.
The rate of feeding must necessarily include grain. If such foods are absent in the diet, the birds can completely stop rolling.
How to feed quail at home
Quails are bred both for eggs and slaughtering for meat. As a rule, yearling quails are sent for slaughter. This is explained by the fact that the period of active egg production is only 11 months, after which the production of eggs stops. Males with physical defects are also suitable for slaughtering for meat.
During the fattening period, the share of corn and animal feed is increased. For example, 80% of products can be mixed feed, and 20 - boiled peas with mineral supplements. It is important that the transition from the normal diet to fattening should be carried out gradually, so that the birds do not start the digestive upset.
Quail feeding from day one
Feeding quails depends on their age and is divided into several periods (Figure 3):
- First (1-7 day): quail fed coolly boiled and ground with chicken eggs. On the second day of life, add a little cottage cheese, and on the third - chopped greens. Further, the amount of cottage cheese is gradually increased. The number of feedings should reach five times a day.
- Second (2-4 week): the basis is compound feed. Feeding occurs 4 times a day.
- Third (5-6 weeks): feed predominates, but the level of crude protein must be reduced to prevent early puberty.
You must always follow the rules of feeding, as this is the main condition for high egg and meat productivity. Grain for quail should be smaller than for ordinary chickens. The period of egg production in adults is 10-12 months, after which they are fed for meat. You will learn more about feeding and quail content from the video.
What to give
When feeding quails from the 1st day, it is important to carefully monitor the quality of feed. Although these birds are not prone to disease, moldy or rotten foods can cause severe indigestion or even bird death.
In addition, it is important to distinguish between the diet. Chicks up to one month of age are fed according to a special diet, gradually accustoming them to adult feed. Layers should be given predominantly protein food, and males and females intended for slaughter should be fed with industrial products (compound feed).
How much feed is needed
For quails do not need a lot of food. An adult individual, regardless of the type of diet (for fattening or raising egg production), eats no more than 40 grams of food per day, and young animals need even less food.
It is the low feed consumption that explains the profitability of breeding quail at home. With a small consumption of poultry products are characterized by high egg production, and meat is highly valued in the market.
How to feed quails at home
Feeding the hens involves careful selection of the ingredients in the diet. It must be balanced in essential nutrients and include adequate amounts of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
Most of the diet is raw protein. To do this, you can use special feed industrial production. They are supplemented with mineral dressings (for example, crushed eggshell). Grain - an important component of the diet. if this product is absent, the birds will stop carrying eggs.
The most valuable crops for growing quails include (Figure 4):
It is rich in carbohydrates (in particular, starch), which makes it a high-energy culture, but it does not contain enough vitamins of group B, so bone meal is necessarily added to the diet.
It is considered a dietary feed. It contains a lot of vitamin B and trace elements, but before feeding the young, oats must be cleaned from films.
The composition of millet is similar to oats, but much higher in energy properties. Millet should be ground for millet.
This culture in the form of cereals. To enrich the culture with vitamin B, barley must be germinated.
It is also better to feed in the form of cereals, because unground wheat can stick together in clumps and stick to the beak.
Figure 4. The main feed for quail: 1 - sprouted grains, 2 - juicy feed (beets and carrots), 3 - fodder yeast, 4 - fish meal, 5 - mixed feed of industrial production
The source of vegetable protein are leguminous crops (lentils, peas, soybeans). They contain a lot of proteins (except soy), low in fat, and enough amino acids and minerals.
Note: Beetroot is a good feedstuff. It contains a lot of sugar, but few vitamins and minerals. After cooking, it is important to cool the beets immediately, because slow cooling can cause the formation of nitrates, provoking poisoning.
In order to get enough vitamin A in your body, you need to feed carrots (an important source of carotene). When feeding carrots, the yolk of the eggs becomes brighter, and the carcasses get a beautiful shade.
In fodder cabbage contains a lot of calcium, carotene and vitamins B, as well as amino acids, responsible for the growth of feathers.
An important element are mineral and vitamin supplements.:
- As mineral additives, chalk, crushed shells and egg shells are used.
- Yeast is an important source of vitamin B1.
- Dairy products (cottage cheese and milk) - the best source of easily digestible protein, but they do not contain arginine and glycine, which must be taken into account when feeding quail. So that milk does not cause digestive upset, it must be fermented (so that it does not sour in the feeder and does not cause digestive upset).
- Vitamin supplements to green foods are used to increase the digestion of nutrients. Green fodder means crushed grass (clover, beet tops, spinach). Before use, they are thoroughly crushed for the introduction of wet mash.
- Potatoes contain a lot of starch, which is necessary for energy. Potatoes are boiled and mixed with other foods. Do not use the water in which the potatoes were boiled. Vegetable give immediately after cooking, and after him thoroughly wash all the feeders.
- After receiving the oil from the seeds of plants remains the cake, which can be used for feeding. It is rich in fat, protein, vitamins B, E, and calcium.
In the diet must include food and animal origin. They have great nutritional value, rich in proteins, minerals and amino acids. This type includes products of fish, meat and dairy production.
From fish production waste fish meal is obtained. It is not stored for a long time, as it contains 15% of fat, so it can quickly become rancid. It is necessary to monitor the freshness of fishmeal, as if it is of poor quality, quails can get sick. Protein in fishmeal is absorbed better than from meat. Feed it in the form of wet mash.
A lot of protein also contains meat and bone meal. According to the standard, it goes dry, crumbly, without mold and dense lumps. To check, pour a small amount of flour with a glass of hot water, if after thirty minutes a putrid odor emanates from the mixture, then it is better not to use such flour.
Feed P5 and P6 for broilers are also used in the diet, and PK2 feed is used for feeding the young. С шестинедельного возраста перепелов переводят на взрослый режим питания. Это нужно делать постепенно, в течение 5-6 дней.For this period, the mixture for young and adult birds are issued in equal proportions. The approximate composition of feed for quails is shown in Figure 5.
During the egg-laying period, quails consume up to 30 grams of food per day, but egg and meat breeds consume slightly more than egg.
Figure 5. Components of complete feed for quails
Some Japanese quail farms use only two components of feed in equal proportions (fish waste and rice). However, you can use a three-component feed (corn, flour, alfalfa or soybean flour). It completely provides nutrients to the bird’s body.
With a shortage of animal products, you can feed earthworms and various insects.
Compound feed can be fed both dry and wet, but they must be thoroughly chopped and mixed.
Note: Quail regime is important, so feeding should occur two or three times a day at the same time. In winter, birds are fed with germinated grains of millet and onions. In the summer, unlimited grass is fed with herbs.
Feeding troughs are filled to 2/3 of their depth, as quails are very active and scatter feed. For this feeders do with curved in the middle of the sides.
In addition, you can add various herbs and cereals, vegetables, and even minced meat. But it is important to accustom birds to a new diet gradually, so as not to provoke indigestion.
From the video you will learn how to properly prepare food for quails with your own hands.
Diet and feeding rates
For birds of a certain age, their own standards and feeding rations are provided. Despite the small differences, the principles of nutrition remain general.
The following products are used for feeding adult quails and young stock.:
- Cereal mixtures from corn, oats and wheat. These products give the birds the necessary energy, saturate the body with vitamins and microelements. Fish and meat and bone meal are added to the grain mixture.
- Legumes contain a lot of protein and fat. For feeding, you can use soybeans, peas or lentils in boiled form.
- Milk products serve as a valuable source of protein. You can give the birds low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt and return. It is better not to give out whole milk, as it quickly turns sour in the feeders and may cause digestive upset.
As vitamin and mineral supplements use fresh vegetables, herbs, fish and meat and bone meal, as well as crushed shells, eggshells and chalk.
Since the food supply in summer and in winter is significantly different, there are some differences in the diet depending on the season (Figure 6).
It is important to understand that in order to preserve egg production, birds must consume a lot of grain both in summer and in winter. Food consumption rates are no different.
In summer, birds can give plenty of green food. Quails love spinach, young nettles and clover. You can also feed the leaves of cabbage and beet tops.
Any green food improves digestion and improves the ability of birds to digest food. Greens are necessarily washed, slightly dried and crushed.
In winter, it is much more difficult to provide birds with enough vitamins due to the lack of fresh greenery. You can replace it with germinated grain and green onions.
It is also recommended to pre-harvest high-quality hay. To do this, they dry nettle, clover and other herbs in the summer and dispense hay flour as part of wet mashes.
What to feed quails so that they do well
Quails have a rather high egg production. However, with an improper diet, laying hens can significantly reduce productivity. That is why it is important to clearly know what to feed the quails so that they are well carried.
Figure 6. Features of summer and winter feeding quails
The first thing you need to give the birds a sufficient amount of raw protein. For this you can use special feed, dairy products and fresh greens. It is mandatory for the birds to give mineral supplements, and for the night - grain or grain waste.
Is it possible to feed quail bread
Kitchen waste, in particular bread, can be included in the quail ration. However, it is better to use for this purpose not fresh bread, but crackers.
Dried bread is ground, and injected into the composition of wet mashins or grain mixtures. The main thing that the bread was not covered with mold, as this can cause indigestion or poisoning.
The rate of feeding quail feed
Combined feed of industrial production (for example, PC-1, PC-5, etc.) consists of a mixture of different grain crops. They are supplemented with mineral dressings (chalk, salt, meal, fish meal, etc.).
All feeds have approximately the same nutritional value, so 25-30 grams of food per day will be enough for one individual per day. Mixed feed can be prepared at home by mixing crushed grain with boiled vegetables, salt and other mineral supplements.
Proper feeding of quails is the main task of any poultry farmer. After all, on how to feed a quail, egg production depends. A balanced feed must contain cereals, animal products, vitamins and minerals.
To quail well carried, the composition of food for quail must include a lot of protein - up to 25%.
Reducing the amount of proteins badly affects the egg production, as well as the quality of eggs: they become small and are pecked by the quails themselves. But the amount of protein above the norm leads to the appearance of eggs with two yolks, which are not suitable for incubation.
The basis of feed for quail form cereals:
- Corn (40% of the daily diet) has a high energy value, because it contains a large amount of starch and carbohydrates. It is the main source of energy for quails, but there are not enough amino acids in its composition, therefore feed for layers based on this cereal should also contain animal products (fish, meat and bone meal).
- Oats - its composition contains many vitamins of group B. Before feeding quails, do not forget to sift it, as well as to clear the membranes, because they can clog the quail's digestive system.
- Wheat is an indispensable cereal for organizing the daily ration of hens, because it contributes to good bird productivity. An important condition: wheat should be used in the form of cereals, not flour. After all, if you feed the flour, then a sticky mass is formed, which sticks to the quail's beak.
- Legumes - in soybeans, peas, lentils contain a lot of amino acids, which are not enough in corn grits. Legumes are also rich in vegetable protein and fat.
- Rice has a higher energy value than corn, is especially useful for feeding layers, because it increases egg production.
- Meal and cake are made from soybean and sunflower seeds by squeezing oil out of them. They are rich in vitamins B and E, lysine, amino acids.
The scheme of fattening quails from a very young age
Excessive amount of grain in the daily diet of quails leads to the appearance of excess weight, they begin to nausea. Therefore, with special care, follow the norms of feeding quails.
To fill the needs of layers in vitamins, you can use the remnants of vegetables for quail feeding, but provided that they do not rot:
- carrots are rich in carotene, which is needed for vitamin A to form in the body of the bird, and the root vegetable has a lot of vitamin B and B2,
- beets - contains the necessary sugar for poultry (glucose, fructose, sucrose), as well as vitamins B, BB, some vitamin C,
- cabbage is just a storehouse of various vitamins: C, A, B, it helps to reduce the percentage of pecking eggs, is also rich in amino acids,
- mashed boiled potatoes - contains a lot of starch (up to 80 percent) and vitamins of group B.
Lay feeds should contain a variety of greens: clover, alfalfa, nettle, dandelion leaves. But before feeding it should be well chopped.
Food for quails should be rich in minerals, not only in order to improve the digestion of quails. They are simply indispensable if you want the eggshell to be strong:
- fodder chalk is rich in calcium,
- Table salt is one of the most important minerals in the diet, because it is the main
- source of sodium and chlorine
- Sea shells (sea and river) must be eaten with a bird, before feeding quails, it must be washed, ground, you can buy a shell, or pick it up on the banks of ponds and chop it at home, but chop it to a powdery state, because in the presence of sharp pieces it will be damaged the bird's stomach and she will die
- the eggshell is used in the feed for quails as a temporary feeding.
It is important not only what to use for feeding, but also how to feed the quail.
- It is necessary to feed the hens three to four times a day at regular time intervals.
- If you use mixed feed for quail-laying hens, one quail per day should consume 27 g of PC-1, PC-2.
- But compound feeds often do not contain enough protein, so it is better to make food for quails with your own hands and use homemade foods for feeding.
- To correctly calculate how much feed you need for one quail, then imagine the size of its goiter, and increase it two to three times.
- A lot of feed should be given quail at night, especially grain. After all, cereals are digested for a long time, so your bird will be full all night.
- If you use dry food for feeding quails, then you can fill them in the feeder with a reserve. Another thing - wet home food. It is important to remember that they eventually sour and deteriorate, and this can cause bird poisoning.
How to feed the quail so that they are well carried, it is up to you to decide. It does not matter what feed you use: factory or home. But remember that an insufficient amount of grain and protein can badly affect egg production.
How to feed chicks
Newly hatched chicks are fed with steep chicken eggs, crushed together with the shell. On the second day, 2 g of ground cottage cheese is injected into the diet of each newborn baby. After the chicks reach the age of three days, the quail menu is replenished with fresh herbs (onions, dandelion leaves, yarrow), which must be chopped.
For the diet of chicks of seven days of age, the number of eggs is minimized and the rate of cottage cheese is increased. In addition to cottage cheese, at the end of the first week, chicks can be fed with grated carrots and millet. Water quail yogurt. Feeding small quails is carried out 5-6 times a day, the chicks should eat as much as they want.
The diet of two weeks old quail chickens should already consist of feed with high protein content (up to 26%) with an energy value of 280 Kcal. In addition, two-week-old babies can be given gravel and ground shells to improve the performance of the digestive system. Feeding of small quails from 2 weeks to a month should be carried out 4 times a day. Fresh water should always be poured in their watering system and must be replaced regularly.
From 4 weeks of age, the chicks are gradually transferred to adult food and establish a new diet: now quail feeding should take place three times a day.
If you follow a similar diet, each chick will be healthy and will be able to serve its owner.
What to feed adults
Often, novice breeders have a question about how to feed quail at home. Here two options are possible: either to purchase industrial feed or to prepare them yourself.
In any case, the menu of adults quail should be present:
- grain and legumes - the main component of quail feed,
- products of plant origin - the main source of vitamins for birds,
- food of animal origin (fish, fish oil, blood of slaughtered poultry, ant pupae, minced meat or fish, eggs from chickens, cottage cheese, maggots, worms) is a source of proteins,
- minerals (gravel, fodder chalk, table salt, ground sea and river shells, shells).
Let us consider some products in more detail and find out what is preferable to feed quails.
Corn, oats, wheat form the basis of quail feed. Their consumption should be about 40% of the daily diet. They are a source of energy for birds, as they contain a lot of carbohydrates. Oats must be sifted and peeled. Wheat can only be used in the form of cereals.
Beets - an excellent source of vitamins. It can be given to birds both raw and cooked. It must be washed, cleaned and rubbed on a fine grater.
Carrots - a very important product in the diet of birds, because it contains a large amount of carotene, necessary for their growth and development.
Potatoes are well absorbed by birds and replenishes energy reserves. It must be boiled and crushed.
Seashells, chalk, shell
These foods are high in calcium. Before use, shells, sea or river, must be washed, dried and ground, and the shell - boiled and chopped into powder.
Chalk for feeding should be only feed. It is ground into powder and added to the main food for birds.
This is a mandatory component of the bird diet. In the warm season, you can give the birds finely chopped nettles, green onions, alfalfa, dandelion leaves. In the winter should be harvested dried mix of herbs.
If the nutrition of the birds is not balanced enough, the feed can be enriched with various vitamin supplements and premixes. In the case of preparing food yourself at home, all components must be thoroughly crushed and ensured that large particles and husks of oats and onions from which the bird can choke should not get into the mash.
The approximate composition and proportions of homemade homemade mash for adult poultry might look like this: 60 g of cereals, 35 g of minced meat, 4 g of crushed shells and chopped nettle greens.
What else can feed quail at home? Of course, ready-mixed feed industrial production. The most common feed:
- PC-5 contains corn, wheat, meal, rapeseed oil, beet molasses, corn gluten and various additives. This compound feed is also called starting: it can be given to chicks immediately after hatching.
- PC-1 and PC-2 are the most popular feeds that can be given to quails from a month old.
- PC-2.2, PC-6 and PC-4 - feed for adult birds. The grain content in these feeds is 60%, proteins - 30%, mineral components - 5%.
Calculate the required amount of feed in advance. For example, for 100 females, feed consumption is 2.5–3 kg daily, therefore, 90 kg of feed must be stored for a month.
Birds aged 91–120 days
Wheat bran - 25
Dry residues of animal origin - 20
Fresh herbs - 100
Bone Meal - 2.5
The above table gives an idea of how to feed adult quails, but now we will look in detail at how to feed quails and quails on fattening for meat and birds from the parent flock so that they better perform the functions assigned to them.
What to feed quails, what should be the feed for quail quails? This is one of the most important moments, because quails are most often bred just for the sake of eggs, so it is so important to know how to organize the feeding process correctly, so that quails rush well.
Feed for quail quails should be 25% protein. If the rate of protein is reduced, the egg production will decrease in the laying hens, and the eggs laid by them will be small. With an excess of protein, eggs with two yolks appear, unsuitable for breeding chickens.
If the hens feed on common feed, it is necessary to diversify their diet with protein foods, for example, cottage cheese, bread at the rate of 2 g per head. If you feed the hens with a grain mixture, the rate of additionally added protein products should be 12 g.
It is very important not to overfeed the hen, so that it does not become fat and carry a large number of eggs, so the dosage should be strictly followed when feeding.
Fattening for meat
Males at the age of 1 month, one-month-old females with physical defects, layers that have already ceased to nest, and specially raised young animals are taken as quails for fattening. Birds are placed in special cells and transferred to a new diet.
For a new diet, you can use a mixture consisting of 80% of the feed for broiler birds and 30% of the peas boiled for half an hour. At the same time it is necessary to exclude onions, fish, garlic, and pine needles from the menu These products impair the taste of meat.
The transition to a new quail feeding must be carried out correctly, otherwise the bird may get sick and even die. The optimal time to go to the new menu is 4 days. On the first day you should give the bird a mixture consisting of 50% of the old feed and 50% of the new. Over the next few days, the proportion of old feed must be reduced, and the new one increased.
Fattening duration - up to 4 weeks. A week before slaughter, the usual mass of feed (approximately 30 g) should be increased by 8%.
Feeding quail for parent flocks
Рассмотрим, как нужно кормить перепелов из родительского стада. Формировать родительское стадо начинают по достижению перепелами 4–6-недельного возраста.
Для кормления этих перепелов в домашних условиях подходит обычный комбикорм для взрослых птиц. You can cook it yourself, taking into account the recommendations given above, and you can buy ready-made mixture.
The main condition for feeding such birds is compliance with all proportions in accordance with their age.
In winter and autumn, when there is no fresh greens, it is necessary to give germinated oats or onions to birds. It is also good to make a habit in the summer to keep preparing a mixture of different herbs (clover, nettle, alfalfa), which should be dried so that you can add to feed for birds.
In summer, fresh greens can be given in large quantities, as the bird willingly eats it. In addition, greens for quail is very useful. But it is very important to grind it beforehand, it is best to use a blender for this purpose.
Now for the drink. In summer, the water for quails must be changed every day, otherwise it may deteriorate. In winter, you can update the drinkers once every 2-3 days.
With the observance of the above-presented feeding patterns, you can easily grow healthy offspring of quails, which in the future will delight you with delicious meat and nutritious eggs. More clearly feeding features can be viewed on the video.