It does not matter that the puppy appeared in the house not so long ago, and one of its kind causes affection. Emotions should not distract from the main thing - raising a pet from the first moments of acquaintance with it. Not all inexperienced dog breeders know how to train a dog at home competently. The recommendations of dog handlers, proposed below, will help to understand the basics of a broad question.
The need for master's dressure
Dog training by owners usually has several goals. Starting a lesson, the owner must set himself a specific goal, which he intends to receive in the end. In general, any training of a four-legged friend is based on the following "whales" of training:
- It contributes to the recognition in the person of the owner of an indisputable authority that will help the puppy to better understand his status.
- The owner, producing interested reflexes from a pet, learns to anticipate his behavior in a particular situation. That allows him to adjust his tactics of communication in time.
- All trained dogs are considered social creatures, able to get along with people and with their relatives.
In the process of learning, motivational means play the role of a certain gratitude for work. Returns to the maximum of the four-legged achieve, if he is immediately awarded after the action done on the order. Since it is correct to train a dog - it does not commit excessive hitches in the actions, all the attributes involved in training should be prepared well in advance.
Constraining methods are objects that attract attention. Why use things that extract a sharp sound - whistles, rattles from cans with stones, a bunch of keys. If the pet does not fulfill the master's order, it deserves attention - praise, stroking. Send him into place, pronouncing the order in a stern voice.
When punishing a puppy, it is better to use the method of ignoring, which is considered more effective than the punishment by physical force. The slaps are regarded by the dog as a play signal.
Since training a dog is considered quite time-consuming, the owner can also motivate himself to the training process. It is important to realize that it is always easier to accustom the dog to proper behavior than later to correct behavioral abnormalities.
Preparation for training
For the first lesson, a collar with a leash and a favorite four-legged treat are prepared. Those in no case can not be considered dishes from the master plate. For this is appropriate dry food. For the fastidious in food in pet products, you can purchase "snacks", intended for training in dressage.
First, it is advisable to conduct classes on the ground, familiar to the pet thoroughly. But there should be no distracting objects on it. In unfamiliar territory, the puppy is given time to get comfortable.
An important principle of training is the absence of extraneous people and animals during training lessons. This makes the task easier, allows the puppy to concentrate better.
Commands for primary familiarization
With a raised puppy, it is easier to organize walks and do not have to get upset with his homely pranks. First of all, it is important to teach your pet to know and respond to its name, to respond not to the order “To me!”, To know the place.
Before you accustom the dog to a nickname, try to more often say out loud the name of the four-legged in a tone in which auspicious emotions would be heard. Regular nicknames should serve as a stimulus to the development of a reaction to recall in your name. After the appearance of such a reflex, the pet will definitely be thanked in the initial stages.
Primary orders for training
"Beside". So how to teach a dog to walk alongside on a leash just as fundamentally as the previous team, train it systematically, conducting 4-5 sessions.
"Fu". Means the order given to the dog when you need to distract from pick up trash. Fulfillment of the formulation allows to protect the health of the quadruped and the host’s mass of nerve cells.
Exposure begin to train already from four months of age. This quality is useful at all training events with a pet and contributes to the control of the dog, the development of his obedience.
In addition, the teams that are important in the first tutorials are always trying to keep the puppy from: give, sit and lie, stand, aport, place, face.
"Give". The team is helpful for any trained dog. This technique is of particular importance for service guards, whose purpose of life is solely the protection of its owner.
This team seeks not so much the ability to neutralize the attacker as to release him upon detention.
"A place". The dog must be aware of the existence of its corner in the home. And by order of the dog breeder, an obedient dog should immediately go there. The puppy can fall asleep anywhere, but he has to know his own.
"Aport". With the help of the wording, service pets are sent to search the area. What makes their walk more active.
"Fas". Dangerous wording, to teach her a naughty animal is not recommended. Before you train an adult dog through this command, it must diligently execute the commands noted before.
These orders reflect the list of commands for the basic course of the four-legged pet.
Attachment to the elements of the ammunition
Since it is recommended to teach a dog to a leash and a collar when it reaches 1.5-2 months of age, taking the puppy home immediately starts the upbringing process. At this time, it is much easier for a pet to adapt to unusual objects of ammunition. Put them on the baby after the initial acquaintance and after falling interest in them.
First, the ammunition on a small pet is left for a few minutes. In this case, the kid trying to distract the game maneuver. Teaching moments make short, but regular.
Before you accustom the dog to the leash, the animal should already be familiar with the collar. When the baby gets used to the idea of wearing the first, you can proceed to the fastening of another element - the leash. It is necessary to ensure its free droop, trying to distract the four-legged.
Introduction to the place and booth
Some are interested in whether it is possible to train an adult dog, how to do it competently. You can teach something, but not everything. But you have to stock up on a lot of time and remarkable patience. Therefore, to attach to the site recommended pet from an early age. The main thing is to constantly control the behavior of the puppy, not to allow him to be in the house wherever he likes.
The task of the owner in this situation is the organization of the place. It is allowed to place anything, a pillow, a rug, a blanket or a special soft house. Puppy get familiar with place in advance. After falling asleep, the baby is transferred there each time. In this place it is prohibited to make manipulations that provoke and leave unpleasant memories in the pet's memory - cleaning ears, combing, for example, if he is not a fan of these actions. All the toys after the games return back to this corner. We must try to convince a four-footed friend that this space is the most comfortable and safe of all in an apartment belonging to him alone.
If you plan to keep in outdoor conditions, you need to know how to teach a dog to a booth in the yard.
Recommendations for training dogs to the booth
Do not immediately put the dog on the chain. It is necessary to provide an opportunity for him to try out new habitat conditions and get used to them.
You can not immediately close the puppy or adult dog inside the booth. So the animal can develop a phobia on dark spaces.
It is necessary to choose suitable weather conditions before teaching an adult dog to a booth or to a cage near the entrance to a dwelling. For example, pouring rain will help teach yourself to go inside the dog. Whereas in the heat nothing will force the animal to do it.
If you intend to quickly learn how to accustom the dog to the booth, it should be noted that delicacies and pettings (stroking the wool, calm tone of the host) always contribute to faster learning. Fear should not be the motive that will accustom the puppy to the name, place, or elements of ammunition. We recommend to look at the article: Doghouse: to buy or build with your own hands?
Why train a dog and what to use in the process
Training a dog at home has three important goals:
- The pet must recognize the leader in the host, which means that he will also know his own status.
- The person knows the pet well, and in the most critical situations he knows what to expect from him and how to behave.
- A trained dog is a socially adapted pet that can get along well not only with people, but also with other animals.
Before training, the owner must clearly state for himself what he wants to receive as a result of the training. Use as a motivational subject can be a deterrent or reward. Maximum return can be achieved if the dog gets what they want right away, in the first seconds, after the command is executed. There should be no hitches, which means that everything should be prepared in advance.
Among the methods of containment are the following:
- Use items that can attract the attention of the dog. In most cases, these are things that make harsh sounds - whistles, a bunch of keys, a rattle from a tin can with pebbles, etc.
- In case of failure to perform the dog loses the attention of the owner. It is sent to the place without the usual stroking and praise, in a stern voice.
Pet containment methods can be used for older puppies older than 4 months. If the dog is unbalanced, then this method should also not be used.
It is noted that ignoring a pet is a more effective method than physical impact - often the dog perceives slaps as game elements.
Training is a rather laborious task, and when you are tired of the process, you can motivate yourself by teaching the dog to behave in an appropriate way much easier than to correct inappropriate behavior.
Preparation for training
If we talk about where to start, the answer is obvious - from yourself. The pet owner must understand that the training is not a leisure activity, caused by every minute desire, but hard, everyday work. Therefore, you need to clearly plan the schedule, taking time to practice. No business should be assigned to this time, and nothing should distract from the process.
For the first lesson it is necessary to prepare a collar, a leash and a favorite pet treat. As the latter, you should not choose products from your own table. For these purposes, suitable dry food. For especially fastidious dogs, you can buy special treats at the pet store, which are intended for dog training.
It is better to start training in a place familiar to the pet, so that no foreign objects can distract him. If the area is unknown for a puppy, then you need to give some time to develop the territory.
One more condition must be observed - during the lessons there should not be strangers nearby, this will significantly complicate the task and constantly distract the puppy.
Among the main teams that are the basis of all further skills, the following can be highlighted:
- Schooling to a nickname. A pet should not only know its own name, but also be able to instantly respond to it. This is a pledge of excellent obedience, both at home and on the run. To achieve success, you need to often pronounce the nickname, putting into the voice, as much as possible positive emotions. As soon as the dog responded to its own name - it automatically deserved encouragement.
- Team "To me!". At the initial stage, you can use this command exclusively for the positive moments - during the invitation of your pet to eat, walk or play. This will allow the dog to perceive it as something good and strengthen the team in consciousness. Already later, during the training, the reaction to the team needs to be corrected. The pet will have to not only come up to the owner, but sit down at his feet. During normal walks, you can simply call a puppy, without any reason, and treat you to a treat. This will not only accelerate training, but also help to distract the dog from eating street waste, because it will be easier for him to give up dubious food in favor of a tasty treat.
- Concentration of attention. Any dog should depend on the owner. If the owner is gone, the pet should go next. This skill is necessary to vaccinate a puppy from the first days. For this you need to use a useful exercise:
- Puppy need to unleash and give some time to play. The owner must retire, at least 10 meters, and stand in a half-turn. The dog will definitely notice the absence of the owner and run to look. Having found, the pet will show emotions of joy and begin to look into the eyes, seeking approval. After two or three seconds after that, you need to praise the puppy and treat him with a treat. After some time, the exercise is repeated, only in this case a little more time should elapse between the moment when the dog approached and received praise.
- Later, you can complicate the task - the owner must turn away from the pet when the dog runs up. In this case, the puppy will be patient and will sit faithfully, wait for eye contact to be established, and he will receive the expected approval. After that, the dog must be commended. These exercises will allow the puppy to learn how to execute the command “come to me!” And at the same time concentrate its attention on the host. At this point, the pet does not pay attention to strangers, but is awaiting a reaction from the owner.
- Teaching pet to the place. If we are talking about an adult dog, then there is practically no chance of training for the place. With regards to puppies, they are quite trainable. No need to encourage free movement of the pet around the apartment. It is necessary to prepare a special place (sunbed, house, pillow, bedding, etc.) and introduce the new family member to him. Small puppies, like any children, tend to fall asleep where they played. Therefore, it is worth every time to carry the sleeping baby into place. It is not necessary to instill negative memories of the place in the pet, so all unpleasant procedures (combing, cleaning the ears, cutting the claws, etc.) should be carried out outside this place. You can provide comfort for a four-legged friend - lay something soft and pleasant, put some favorite toys nearby. The dog must learn that this is the safest and most comfortable place in the whole house.
All this is the basis of the trust relationship between man and dog. But there are still a lot of useful commands that your pet will have to learn:
- "Give!" - will allow to take away from the pet any item picked up on the street or dropped in the house. A trained dog will have to comply, despite the increased interest in the subject.
- "Beside!" - A useful team for walking, that with a leash, that without him.
- "Sit!" - An excellent tool when a rather large pet shows excessive joy.
- "Lie down!" - similar to the previous team.
- "Ugh!" - one word will save the dog from the risk of poisoning or attack.
- "Stand!" - Another useful command from a number of restrictive.
- "Fas!" - a team that allows you to use the animal as a protector.
- "Aport!" - maybe as fun during the game, and help in certain situations.
As you can see, there are a lot of teams, and your beloved pet is able to learn them all with the right approach. But in order for the process to proceed without problems, it is also necessary for the owner to follow certain rules.
Having mastered the necessary commands, you can:
The basic rules of training
There are a number of immutable truths that must be taken for granted:
- Primary classes should be short - 10-12 minutes, at least twice a day.
- Any lesson should begin with the consolidation of previously acquired knowledge.
- The dog learns worse material immediately after eating, after sleeping and at a later time of day.
- Physical violence cannot be used as a punishment, only voice. Reproachful "Bad", "Ay-ah" will be quite enough.
- The team must speak one, maximum two times, clearly, in a loud voice.
- It is necessary to praise a pet, even if he did something, according to the owner, insignificant.
And the most important thing is that you need to study every day so that your pet remembers what has been learned and acquired more knowledge and skills. Adhering to certain rules and recommendations of qualified dog handlers, the dog will grow up educated and trained.
Puppy training: where to start?
Before you require something from the dog, you need remember a few simple rules:
- Learn the character of your pet. All dogs are different, each needs an individual approach to improve the efficiency of training.
- Чётко определяйте задачи, которая собака должна выполнить на занятии.
- Выработайте определённые жесты и сигналы, которым должен подчиняться ваш пёс. Ни в коем случае не изменяйте их в процессе обучения.
- Поощряйте небольшим кусочком лакомства каждое достижение вашего любимца.
- Старайтесь сделать занятия интересными для собаки. Играйте с ней во время перерывов.
- Собаки тоже устают. Do not delay the lessons.
That the dog listened to you and was easy to learn, need to be friends with her. Your pet should trust you and not be afraid of anything. If you achieve it, you can not worry about training. It will be all plain sailing.
The main methods of dog training
- Learning by voice. This method is most famous. You need to teach your dog to respond to the sound of your voice. The pet must understand - if you said something, then your team must be followed by some action. Do not forget that dogs are well distinguished intonation. Train your voice. When you give a command, it should be smooth, calm and unemotional. Do not change the intonation for commands, then the dog will get used to it and begin to understand that it must obey when you speak in this tone. Never shout at the dog, otherwise you will get the opposite effect to the desired one.
- Training with the use of clicker. A clicker is a keyring with a clicking button. A click allows the dog to understand that it has done exactly what it needs. For this you need to reinforce each click with a delicacy, then the pet produces a positive reflex to the clicker. This method prohibits the use of punishment. If the dog fails to execute the command, then you need to wait for the moment when he will do everything correctly, and praise him with a click and a delicacy.
- Strength training. If you decide to train the dog by this method, then you will definitely learn how to use the stimulus correctly. As a stimulus, a leash is usually used. In no case should a jerk harm a dog! If the dog does not obey you when executing a command, then first make a light jerk. If it still doesn't work, then strengthen it until the pet executes the command. Strong jerk do not need. But excessive softness will not bring results. We must act tough, but not cruel. And do not forget about the promotion.
What is included in the course of obedience
Basic training includes basic commands, such as "to me", "near", "fu", "sit", "lie". It is necessary so that you can control the dog in any situation.
Also, the basic course is aimed at developing the skills necessary for further training of the dog to more serious teams that will make a defender out of your friend.
- "To me". The most important team that allows you to keep a pet away from other dogs, cats and people. Also eliminates the need to catch an escaped dog.
- "A place". This command is useful when it is necessary that the dog does not interfere and calmly sat in his corner, for example, if you are cleaning.
- "Fu". The pet should not chew on foreign objects and skirts of women passing by. So this team is vital.
- "Beside". Any dog should be able to walk properly with the owner. Without this command, you just can not get out on the street for a walk: the dog will not give anyone the passage.
- "Walk". When you give the command, pull the pet off the leash. It is better to do this in a place where a dog who has not been brought up yet will not harm anyone.
- "Sit" and "lie down". Usually used when traveling in public transport. Or when the dog has to wait for you for a long time.
- "No". You shouldn’t let your dog bark, beg for food or snap at you for no reason. This command is needed in such cases.
- "Fas". Any dog will always protect its owner. But she can make wrong conclusions and try to attack the wrong one. Train your dog to protect you when necessary.
Getting Dog Training
Firstly dog accustom to the place. Doing this, of course, at home. We also teach the pet team “come to me” when we call him to eat. Be sure to call him nicknamed, he should respond to it. After that, at home we teach the dog the commands to "sit", "lie", "fu", "cannot" and others.
Problems usually arisewhen the pet goes out. If he obeyed you at home, then outside of his walls he, befuddled by sudden freedom, can behave unpredictably. In general, dog training at home and on the street are two different things. At first, without a leash, you definitely will not do.
Time for training You can choose any, as long as it is not hot outside. Stock up plenty of treats, take water and find a quiet corner so that the dog is distracted as little as possible.
Useful tips from professionals
- Before you start training the dog on the street, let it familiarize yourself with the territory. So she will feel calmer, and the training will go easier.
- It is also useful to give the dog a run up to the lesson. Tired, she will be better focused on the teams, which will greatly simplify the learning process.
- You do not need to repeat the command five times in three seconds, otherwise your pet will become confused.
- Ensure that all commands are executed with pleasure and without fear. If you notice that the dog is scared, then, most likely, you were too strict. Stop the training to let your pet calm down. Start again the next day, making everything a little softer.
- Gradually complicate the situation. The dog should obey you not only in a quiet place, but also in case of unforeseen situations.
- Make sure the dog obeys all family members.