In the article I will tell about the history of the breed of the Miniature Schnauzer, I will give its characteristics and description, about the basic habits and characteristics of these dogs. Let me review the main criteria for choosing a puppy, set out all the principles of training and education of miniature schnauzers. Find out the pros and cons of how many of these pets live.
Description and characteristics breed dogs miniature schnauzer
The progenitor of miniature schnauzers is mittelshnautser - a service breed of medium size with hard wool and a beard and mustache typical of all schnauzers.
Today it is known that the ancient ancestor of the schnauzer was a wire-haired dog, which was extremely popular in Germany (especially in the south) as a guard breed. The first notes about miniature schnauzers appeared in the late nineteenth century.
These dogs were bred for security purposes: they were guarding farm buildings from the invasion of rats and other rodents. The Miniature Schnauzer was introduced at the exhibition in 1899, and in Russia this breed appeared only in 1974.
Interestingly, it used to be thought that schnauzers originated from a wild peat dog, the remains of which are dated to the third or fourth century BC, but this theory was not confirmed and was disproved after genetic tests.
The main colors of the breed are:
- pepper and salt
- black with black undercoat,
- completely white and with white undercoat,
- black with silver.
All schnauzers have a hard and rather short coat and elegant body structure. Miniature Schnauzers are thirty to thirty-eight centimeters at the withers and weigh between four and eight kilograms.
All miniature tsvergovs have a big head with eyebrows and a beard typical for the breed, the paws of these dogs are short but powerful, this breed is distinguished by a high tail, which cannot be stopped and strong teeth with a scissor bite. The life expectancy of these animals is from twelve to fifteen years.
Rules for the maintenance and care of a miniature schnauzer
It is constantly necessary to carry out hygienic and preventive procedures and to take care of the pet's hair especially carefully.
The dog is suitable for keeping in apartments and private houses, but the miniature schnauzer is not recommended to be planted on a chain, as this breed is not a yard.
The main recommendations for care and maintenance:
- In the House should remove all wires and cablesto protect the animal from possible harm. When planting a puppy, you need to cover up expensive furniture and wallpaper, because of the tendency of little schnauzers to nibble and scratch everything in a row.
- Puppy need to protect from household chemicals and cosmetics.
- Teach your puppy to be independent right away. - it can be left alone for a few hours from the second to the third day. Well, if before that it will be possible to feed him, then the dog will sleep peacefully in the absence of the owner.
- Miniature schnauzer loves the system in all: in food, walking and so on. Therefore, you need to develop a unified scheme of care for the dog and always stick only to it.
Let us consider in more detail the features of the content of this breed:
- Dog need systematically vaccinate against diseases and parasites.
- Miniature schnauzer can be fed with special food and natural products.
- Comb Pet must be at least once a week and bathe as needed with the use of specially designed soap for the breed.
- Constantly you need to clean your pet's eyes, ears and anus.
- With such a dog need to communicate a lot: play, talk and take for walks.
- Miniature schnauzer requires regular walking: at least two - three times a day. The duration of these walks must be at least one hour.
On the one hand, these rules are not complicated, but they must be strictly followed, then the pet will be healthy and cheerful.
Training and character of the dwarf schnauzer
Pet can not be punished, beat and shout at her - the main rule for self-training schnauzer.
Classes need to start as early as possible, then the result will not take long. Sometimes schnauzers can show character, therefore one should not spare time and energy for lessons. Already by one year the dog will learn how to perform basic commands and tricks.
For professional training, a pet can be sent to a special club-school, where, under the supervision of experienced cynologists and dog breeders, the tsverg will become an excellent companion.
With such a breed, the owner can not be hesitant and give up the slack in the upbringing, as these dogs have a certain waywardness.
For professional training, a pet can be sent to a special club-school.
Unfortunately, the gold terrier is subject to hereditary diseases. Symptoms are seen in adults and rarely occur in puppies, which makes therapy difficult.
- Retinal atrophy.
- Dandruff and scab.
- Stones in the kidneys.
- Diseases of the liver.
- Fungal infections.
- Diabetes and others.
These and other diseases can occur as a result of congenital abnormalities, and as a result of improper diet, care, haircuts and much more.
For prophylaxis, the animal must be vaccinated: puppies must be vaccinated at the age of two months and again at three months. Before vaccination, it is necessary to etch the parasites. Adult dogs are vaccinated once a year.
How much is a puppy
The dog can be bought in the kennel or from breeders. The price depends on the titularity of the parents, the purity of the litter, color, the absence of diseases and deviations.
The price for a puppy ranges from 25 000 rubles. up to 45 000 rubles Rarely from individuals can meet the price of 9 000 rubles. but here one should carefully check all documents and certificates for the dog.
For example, a miniature schnauzer can be bought in these nurseries:
- "Star Dream", Moscow,
- Algris, Moscow,
- Elkost, Moscow,
- Russian Assortment, St. Petersburg and others.
When buying, you need to carefully check all documents and medical records, examine the puppy for deviations and rejection.
The process of breeding mini schnauzers is a time consuming and expensive process. You should not expect large profits, since it is difficult to compete with large kennels, and mating and raising puppies require investments.
They are playful and smart. This is a great choice for apartments and home; the Schnauzer is primarily a friend and companion dog. These dogs are domesticated, but nonetheless they easily tolerate mild cold and bad weather due to their dense undercoat.
Miniature Schnauzer: breed description, character
Alternative names for this breed are dwarf schnauzer or tsverg. Affectionate and loyal miniature schnauzers will be an excellent choice as a family pet or companion dog. By their nature, they are sociable and friendly animals that will suit both experienced dog breeders and beginners. Such a four-legged friend can turn each walk into an unforgettable show or disperse melancholy in a dull rainy morning. The optimism and vitality of the miniature schnauzer will help to cope with depression and longing, to diversify the evening after a hard day's work.
Due to the presence of guard and fighting qualities, this breed is difficult to attribute to small lapdogs, despite its miniature size. The view of the miniature schnauzer is always very attentive, and he feels his master even when he simply turns his head. These are very intelligent and fearless dogs, which, having a small weight and size, are able to disperse a pack of mongrels with loud barking, protecting their companion. Miniature Schnauzer never shows recklessness, knows how to get along with other dogs, loves to play with the owner's children and is ready to protect them when required.
Considering the characteristics of the miniature schnauzer breed, the following advantages and disadvantages can be distinguished:
- Have a strong nervous system, is not afraid of dogs of large breeds, with respect for small dogs,
- You can even keep the tsverg in a small apartment, and it eats much less than the giant schnauzers - their elder brothers,
- The miniature schnauzer is intelligent, energetic and infinitely devoted to its owner, even at the age of a puppy, this dog assumes the duties of a guard and watchman,
- Gets along well with children
- Has a high ability to learn and working qualities, lends itself well to training, quickly learns the commands,
- Virtually odorless, does not fade, if the owners provide the right care and nutrition.
As for the miniature schnauzer breed weaknesses, they are insignificant and can be taken as recommendations for people who decide to have such a pet:
- The Miniature Schnauzer is categorically not suitable for keeping in an apartment without systematic walking, it constantly needs movement.
- Requires training and training,
- From the owners need the hardness of character and consistency in education.
Wool will require special treatment and careful care to prevent odors, stalling and loss. From time to time the dog must be trimmed.
Representing the dogs of the miniature schnauzer breed in the description, it is impossible not to note their fantastic sense of smell, thanks to which the little tvergs are often attracted to the work of special services, especially to search for narcotic drugs and explosives. Having miniature size, miniature schnauzer freely and quickly moves along the cargo conveyor, sniffing the luggage.
All the disadvantages of dogs of this breed will immediately be revealed to the owners, who bought the dog in a fit of emotion, not understanding why they are doing this, and not having studied all the features and characteristics of their future pet. The Miniature Schnauzer has a strong intuition and flair, so if there are people in the house who are against the appearance of tsverg, they will soon be able to feel all the negative and aggression that the "dwarf" is capable of. If you don’t walk it and don’t give the right amount of attention, then, bored, the miniature schnauzer will smash the apartment and howl from loneliness. And even going out on a long-awaited walk will become a real problem: he will start barking at everyone who will meet him on the way, and at the first opportunity he will start a fight with other dogs, throwing out all his negativity.
Miniature Schnauzer: breed standard
It is remarkable that in translation from German the word "tsverg" means a gnome. The standard of the miniature schnauzer breed fully complies with this definition: the height of an adult dog is 30-35 cm, weight 4-8 kg.
The International Canine Federation (FCI) recognizes 4 colors of miniature schnauzer breed:
- Black with silver
- Pepper with salt
- The black
The most common dogs are the color "black with silver" and "pepper and salt." It is noteworthy, but from the description of the miniature schnauzer breed and the feedback given by the owners of such dogs, it can be concluded that the silver-black miniature schnauzer is very mild in character, stubbornness and persistence are present in the character of the “pepper” animals, and rarely found whites have an increased excitability.
If you give a description of the appearance of the dogs of the miniature schnauzer breed, then it can be called aristocratic. Muscular physique, oblong head, elongated shape of the muzzle, black lips, high-set ears, the length of which reaches the cheekbones, short and sloping back, wide and deep chest, you can recognize this miniature schnauzer by these signs. Here you should also add an oval-shaped eye, straight legs and a tail of medium length, which, if desired, can be stopped.
A distinctive feature of miniature schnauzers is the black pigmentation of the nails and nose, which is present even in snow-white animals.
The hair of this breed of dogs is wire-like, hard and thick. A thick layer of undercoat reliably protects the dog in sub-zero temperatures. In addition, due to this protective layer, hitting the rain or a stream of water, the tsverg dries very quickly, and scratches, wounds and abrasions will not appear on his skin while running through the bushes or through the tall grass.
If you live in a region with a cold climate, you will need to buy clothes for your pet for walking. For puppies and elderly dogs - these are overalls, for active young animals, you can do cowards.
Which host best suited miniature schnauzer
Most often, small schnauzer breed dogs are chosen by young cheerful people who lead an active lifestyle and are ready to devote a sufficient amount of their time and attention to a pet, train it, long walk, train and educate.
This is an ideal breed of dog for people involved in sports, especially those who make daily long runs. A miniature schnauzer will gladly make such a company with a host and will run alongside. You can also get tsvergi perfectly get along with children and other pets.
Due to the fact that the miniature schnauzer does not shed, it can be wound up in families with allergies that suffer from reactions to animal hair.
You should not buy or give a miniature schnauzer to older people, as well as a slow, passive, preferring a leisurely measured lifestyle. In addition, it is worth refusing to buy such a dog, if you do not have time or desire to fully engage in it, to give him a lot of time and love.
Maintenance and care
It is no secret that a well-groomed, beautiful and healthy dog is entirely the merit of its owner. The Miniature Schnauzer breed, among other things, is a hairdresser and requires special care for wool. It will require regular trimming, as well as a special haircut, to give the dog a pedigree look, such as many miniature schnauzers in the photo demonstrate.
Again, thanks to the miniature, even the inexperienced owner can master the proper grooming. Trimming can be mastered independently by training videos on the Internet or from the breeder who sold the dog. It is best to entrust the first procedure to a specialist who will show the miniature schnauzer wool processing schemes and basic techniques.
You will also need to periodically pull out the hair from the ears, wash and wipe the beard after feeding, monitor the condition of the eyes and do not miss prophylactic vaccinations.
For bathing, you can use special shampoos from the series for hard wool or regular tar soap. If you often have to walk on the grass, shrubs and snow, then the top layer of wool should be treated with oil balms that will protect the skin from abrasion and drying.
Features of education and training
Dogs of this breed are willingly engaged in a training site, so practicing with them is a real pleasure for their owners and dog handlers. These are very intelligent and obedient students, literally on the fly, grasping teams and quickly learning to defend. We can say that in terms of training for them there are no limitations and difficulties.
Due to the fantastic orientation towards the owner, preparation for the exhibition shows is greatly facilitated.
Separately, it should be noted that the miniature schnauzers simply adore to perform in various show performances and shows, because for them this is another way to show oneself in front of the owner, work with him, get delicacy and pleasure from a job well done.
The main thing is that you need to designate your pet that you like to participate in the exhibition, but you should not be angry with the pet and show your displeasure if suddenly the jury or the experts gave their preference to your competitors. In the absence of negative emotions, miniature schnauzers form a positive motivation, he acts passionately, cheerfully and brightly, evoking his optimism and temperament with real delight among viewers and experts.
Miniature Schnauzer: issue price
If you want to buy a pedigree miniature schnauzer with a good pedigree, then you should not go for such a purchase at the bird market or be tempted by the tempting offers with a low price. As practice shows, any experienced groomer is able to turn into a thoroughbred tsverga schnauzer half-breed or any puppy with hard wool. In such cases, instead of a friendly, intelligent and sociable miniature schnauzer, you risk acquiring a nervous, hysterical and fearful dog of an incomprehensible breed.
The most suitable puppy age for purchase is 2 months. As for the cost specifically, the price of the miniature schnauzer can be 100-700 euros and depends on the fame of the kennel where the dog will be bought, the pedigree, color, breeding costs and even the region. The highest prices in the capitals and large cities, on the periphery, you can find an excellent pedigree puppy at more modest prices.
It is easy to guess, based on the name of this dog, that its birthplace is Germany. There she appeared in the Middle Ages. More modern representatives of these dogs were very popular in Germany in the late XIX-early XX centuries. At the same time, this breed was repeatedly mixed with other subspecies in order to get a unique dog with outstanding qualities of character, appearance and fighting skills. For this tsvergov crossed with poodles, spitz and other representatives of this species.
Для того чтобы влюбиться в этого пса, достаточно взглянуть на фото цвергшнауцера.
Собаки этой породы очень коренастые, отличаются небольшим размерам, но при этом они достаточно изящны. Если говорить о пропорциональности тела животного, то голова у собаки чуть крупнее тела. Также отличительной чертой этой породы являются характерные густые и длинные брови. Именно из-за этого, согласно отзывам владельцев цвергшнауцеров, такие псы выглядят очень серьезными и суровыми. However, in fact, in this case, the appearance is very deceptive. Tsvergi are distinguished by their excellent character and devotion.
According to the standards, there are 5 types of Miniature Schnauzer colors:
- The black. The color should be uniform. The black miniature schnauzer looks very beautiful in the sun and will become a clear contender for victory at exhibitions.
- Chocolate with burns.
- White. In this case also no impurities of shades are allowed.
- Silver black. Puppies of this color are quite difficult to find.
- Pepper with salt. The miniature schnauzer of this color is the most frequently encountered representative of this breed.
Tsvergi look quite harmless and even cute, but behind this elegance and accuracy there are real fighters.
If you look at the photo of the miniature schnauzer, you may get the impression that this dog is very harsh and may show itself as a real guard.
This is partly true. As soon as the tsverg feel even the slightest danger, or receives the necessary command from its master, it immediately turns from a cute fluffy puppy into an aggressive monster. If someone will attack his owner or threaten his life, the dog will simply not be stopped. However, this does not mean that the dog will rush at each and every one. With proper training, the necessary skills are imparted to the animal, which allow it to wait for permission in order to perform any actions. According to the reviews of miniature schnauz owners, representatives of this breed never begin to behave aggressively without the appropriate team.
If we talk about other character traits of this dog, then it differs in the same habits as dogs of service and guard breeds. This means that the tsverg can see the owner only in the person whom he considers to be stronger and smarter than himself. That is why experts recommend puppy owners to immediately show the little pet who is the leader in the house.
In general, dogs of this breed are distinguished by great strength and courage. Many are amazed how much energy can be contained in such a small body. Tsvergi very loyal and bold. Without hesitation, they are willing to risk their lives in order to protect their family.
Many say that the look of a dog of this breed always looks very wary and suspicious. This is explained by the fact that the dog is well aware that first of all he is a guard and bodyguard, therefore he assumes the appropriate responsibility.
Miniature schnauzers communicate perfectly with other four-legged dogs. They quickly find a common language and are very respectful of the smaller representatives of their kind.
However, it should be borne in mind that even though this dog shows great dedication towards the owner, he is waiting for exactly the same attitude from his owner, so he definitely needs to be shown how much he is loved and appreciated.
Miniature Schnauzer: description of the breed and its advantages
Before you start in the house of such a dog, you should pay attention to its features. Among the advantages of this breed, it is worth highlighting the fact that dogs can be well trained, but do not miss the moment: if you start training too late, the dog will not be so obedient.
Tsvergi perfectly get along with other animals. In addition, representatives of this breed get along well with cats. They will never rush to the guest who has come to the house. With those people whom the dog sees for the first time, he will behave rather cautiously, but at the same time he will never show aggression.
Tsvergi perceive their family as a small flock, so sometimes they can play around a little or show their obstinacy.
If we talk about the shortcomings of this breed, they are not so many. However, do not leave these minuses without attention.
For example, tsvergs are distinguished by heightened curiosity, so they like to run away somewhere without supervision and get involved in unpleasant stories.
Also, many breeders say that dogs of this breed very often bark. In doing so, they can begin to bark over and without him. It is worth considering this. If you start a dog at home, you need to be prepared for the fact that the neighbors will be extremely unhappy with the constant barking.
In the suburban area tsvergi can search through the whole garden. The fact is that the representatives of this breed are excellent hunters, so digging holes for them is the norm.
Miniature Schnauzer Feature
If the owner wants to go with his dog to the exhibition, he will need to clarify some requirements that the animal must meet.
The ideal contender for victory should look rather muscular and compact. Pet hair should be very hard. A miniature schnauzer haircut should not be made too short, but too long hair should not hang down from its body.
Dogs of this breed have a very high torso. Thanks to this constitution of the body, the animal is able to quickly move around the area and run at a gallop. These dogs live on average from 12 to 16 years, but it all depends on the state of health of the pet and how the owner cares for it.
The average height of the dog at the withers should be 30-35 cm, and the weight can vary from 4 to 8 kg. If we talk about the characteristic external features of this breed, the animals are distinguished by a larger head in relation to the body. The dog’s nose should be even and the earlobe well developed.
Possible non-compliance with standards
If we talk about such a concept as marriage, then you should pay attention to the following defects:
- the skull is too round
- skin folds in the neck, and the rest of the body,
- too sharp or round muzzle,
- overly low set ears (they should also not be very short or too long).
- soft wool
- brown undercoat, dark spots or stripes on the back.
It is believed that too nervous and aggressive dogs also do not meet the standards of the miniature schnauzer.
Swimming and walking
It is often not recommended to bathe a dog of this breed, as this may cause it a lot of inconvenience. It is best to arrange bath procedures before clipping. It is also necessary to closely monitor the nose and ears. If redness or inflammation is observed in these areas, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
By and large, the dog does not require much effort to care, as it is by nature quite neat and takes care of itself. However, when keeping a pet in an apartment, it is necessary to bear in mind that it is necessary to walk an animal at least 2 times a day. In this case, the duration of the walk should be several hours.
Like any other dogs, tsvergov is not recommended to feed food from the person's table. It is best to purchase specialized dry food. It can and even needs to be combined with food prepared at home, especially for a dog.
Experts recommend cooking low-fat meat and fish broths with vegetables for animals. You can also give your pet cottage cheese and kefir and eggs. Handing your pet sweet, flour, fried or fat is strictly prohibited.
Also it is necessary to follow the diet. In 1-2 months puppies need to be fed very often, up to 5 times a day. When the baby is 7 months old, you need to start to teach him to three meals a day. At 9 months, the puppy is considered an adult, so you need to feed him 2 times a day. At the same time the volume of the portion increases.
How to choose a puppy?
This breed is not the best option for those who get a dog for the first time. Since his upbringing requires a certain restraint, the owner must have rich experience in dealing with animals of this kind.
When choosing a puppy, it is necessary not only to pay attention to the external data of the miniature schnauzer, the description of the breed and its main characteristics. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with his pedigree and clarify who his parents were. It is also worth clarifying how the selected dog meets the standards.
Opinion dog breeders
Before you buy a dog, you should study the reviews of the owners of the miniature schnauzer. Experienced dog breeders point out that this dog is an excellent loyal friend, who can be easily maintained even in the smallest living space. In this case, the dog does not emit an unpleasant smell and does not climb wool, therefore, allergic persons can live peacefully next to it.
Of the shortcomings, many also note too loud noise from the animal, which constantly barks. It is also worth considering that you will need to spend money on training and education of this baby. At the same time, the dog of this breed is also suitable for cat owners, as it gets along well with other four-legged pets.
Description of breed miniature schnauzer, characteristics
Although the size of the miniature schnauzer and the harsh expression on the face may seem cute even funny, but do not underestimate the possibilities and intentions of the tsverg. Miniature Schnauzer fully copes with all dog duties. He can become like beautiful guard, guard, and true friend for you. Tsverg excellent gets along and copes with young childrentherefore, it can be safely left with the kids, and he will become for them both a “nurse” and a cheerful companion in active games and entertainment.
Character of miniature schnauzers
If you are not familiar with this breed, then at first glance it will seem to you that this cute dog that needs protection and care and will never offend anyone. You will be wrong! This funny fluffy gnome, who loves you and your family immensely, plays with small children and sleeps in your lap, slips at the enemy on demand and in a matter of seconds can turn into an evil monster.
Tsverg very scrupulous and attentive to everything related to his master. If he feels the slightest threat, then it will be very difficult to stop him. Although if time to do training, he will be faithfully waiting for your team to aggression.
Miniature Schnauzer is a strong spirit of a huge dog in a small body. He is courageous and brave. Without thinking, he will tear anything and everything that could threaten his family. He is always on guard, in his eyes distrust and vigilance. Tsverg loves talking to other dogs, regardless of their size. He is not afraid of big dogs and "respects" very small ones. Dwarf Schnauzer very energetic, incredibly intelligent and infinitely devoted to his master.
Tsverg assumes the duties of a guard and watchman at puppy age. He will never miss an opportunity to protect you from potential danger. His desire to save and protect can be so zealous that sometimes it is necessary to stop it. This is due to the temperament and natural qualities of a fighter.
But with all his guard qualities, the Miniature Schnauzer has incredible charm, he has very cheerful and playful character. He can be very gentle, affectionate and sensitive. As is the case with many other breeds, the dwarf schnauzer needs a mutual relationship. If he does not feel due attention and love from his owner, he can become a very aggressive and disobedient dog. With him need to constantly communicate and spend time.
Miniature Schnauzer breed standard
- Miniature Schnauzer (miniature schnauzer).
- FCI Standard No. 183 / 18.04.2007
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Date of publication of the standard: 06.03.2007
- Use: Dog for home and companion.
- Group 2 - Pinchers and Schnauzers, Molossi and Swiss Herding Dogs
- 1 section - Pinchers and Schnauzers
- Without working trial
- General form:
Small in size, strong, rather chunky, than dry, wire-haired, elegant. A reduced copy of the Standard Schnauzer without appearance of dwarfism in appearance.
- Major proportions:
square in format, i.e. The height at the withers is approximately equal to the length of the body,
the length of the head (from the tip of the nose to the occiput) is half the length of the topline (from withers to the base of the tail).
- Behavior / character:
Its essence is determined by the nature and characteristics of the temperament and behavior of a small dog that is common to Schnauzer.
The mind, fearlessness, endurance and vigilance define the Miniature Schnauzer as a pleasant domestic dog, as well as a guard and companion, which can be easily maintained even in a small apartment.
- The skull of the head.
- Skull: Strong and elongated, the occiput is not strongly protruding. The head should correspond to the mass of the dog as a whole.
- The back of the nose is parallel to the flat line, without the creases of the forehead.
- Transition: Clearly marked by eyebrows.
- The front of the head.
- Nose: Well developed, always black.
- Muzzle: shaped like a blunt wedge. The back of the nose is straight. Lips: black, dry and tight, the corner of the lip is closed. Jaws / Teeth: Powerful upper and lower jaws.
- Scissor bite, complete teeth (42 teeth, according to dental formula), large, developed, well-joined and completely white teeth. Chewing muscles are highly developed, but protruding cheeks should not change the rectangular (with a beard) shape of the head.
- Eyes: Medium size, oval, forward, dark, with lively expression, eyelids well fitted.
- Ears: Dangling, set high, V-shaped, equally holding, the front edge of the ear is adjacent to the cheeks, turned forward in the direction of the temples, the parallel line of fracture should not rise above the forehead line.
- The skull of the head.
- Neck: strong, muscular, with a convex nape. The neck harmoniously goes to the withers. The neck rests firmly on the shoulders, dry, convex-curved, corresponding to the general appearance of the dog. The skin on the throat is tight, without folds.
- Topline: slightly decreasing from withers. Withers: forms the highest point of the topline.
- Back: strong, short and elastic.
- Loins: short, strong and deep. The distance from the last rib to the hip is short, so that the dog looks compact.
- Croup: A slightly rounded croup smoothly passes into the base of the tail.
- Chest: Moderately wide, oval in cross section, reaches elbows. The front of the chest is well shaped thanks to the brisket.
- Underline and belly: the belly is not excessively tucked up, forms a beautifully curved line with the lower part of the chest.
- Tail: Natural. The purpose of breeding is saber or sickle tail
- Front limbs.
- General appearance: Seen from the front, they are strong, straight and not narrowly spaced.
- Forearm when viewed from the side straight.
- Scapula: tight to the chest, upper part lifted above the processes of the thoracic vertebrae, covered with strongly developed muscles. If possible, kosofostavlennaya and well drawn back, forms an angle of about 50 grams with respect to the horizontal.
- Shoulder: Well fitted to the body, strong and muscular, together with the shoulder blade forms an articulation angle of about 95-105 grams.
- Elbows: Well fitting, not turned out, not turned inward.
- Forearm: when viewed from all sides, perfectly straight, strongly developed and muscular. Wrist: Strong, stable, only slightly deviating from the line of the forearm.
- Metacarpus: seen from the front, vertically positioned, laterally - slightly inclined relative to the ground, strong and slightly elastic.
- Front feet: short and rounded, with tightly arched toes (cat's paw), with short dark claws and strong pads.
- Hind limbs.
- General view: when viewed from the side - obliquely located, behind - parallel and not narrowly set.
- Upper thigh: moderately long, wide and muscular.
- Knee: not turned out and not turned inward.
- Lower thigh: Long, strong and muscular, moving into a strong hock.
- Hock: well angulated, strong, stable, not turned inwards and not turned outwards.
- Hocks: short and vertical in relation to the earth set.
- Hind feet: with short, arched and tightly closed toes.
- Claws are short and black.
- Front limbs.
- Movement: Elastic, elegant, free and wide. The forelimbs are carried as far as possible forward, the hind limbs with wide and springy steps give the necessary thrust force. At the same time, the front leg is moved forward on one side and the rear leg on the other side.
The back, ligaments and joints are strong.
- Skin: Tight fitting over the whole body.
- Wool: must be wired, hard and thick. It consists of a thick undercoat and by no means too short, well fitting spine. The core coat is hard, long enough to make it possible to determine its structure, not bristly or wavy. Wool on legs tends to be less stiff. On the forehead and ears, it is short. Characteristic education on the face is not too soft beard and thick eyebrows, slightly obscuring the eyes.
- pure black with black undercoat,
- pepper and salt
- black with silver
- For the color “pepper with salt”, the goal of breeding is to obtain medium tones with a uniformly distributed, well pigmented “pepper” and a gray undercoat. Valid variations are from dark steel to silver gray. In any case, a dark, underlining expression mask is required, in harmony with the color of the dog. Pronounced blemishes on the head, chest and limbs are undesirable.
- Для окраса «черный с серебром» целью разведения является получение черной покровной шерсти с черным подшерстком, с белыми отметинами над глазами, на щеках, на бороде, на горле, двумя разделенными треугольниками на передней части груди, на пястях, на лапах, с внутренней стороны задних ног и вокруг ануса. Лоб, шея и внешние стороны ушей должны быть черными так же как покровная шерсть.
- Miniature Schnauzer Size and Weight:
- Height at withers: For males and bitches between 30 and 35 cm.
- Weight: For males and bitches approximately 4 to 8 kg.
Any deviation from the above points should be considered as a flaw, the assessment of which must be in exact accordance with the degree of deviation.
- Special disadvantages:
- heavy or round skull,
- wrinkles on the forehead,
- short, pointed or narrow muzzle,
- straight bite,
- very prominent cheekbones or cheekbones
- light, too big or round eyes,
- low-set or too long, differently holding ears,
- throat suspension
- skin folds in the throat, narrow upper neck,
- too long, curved or soft back,
- humpback (carp) back,
- sloping croup,
- hare tail (tail at the base tilted to the head),
- long paws,
- too short or long, soft, wavy, shaggy, silky wool,
- brown undercoat, black stripe on the back or black saddle,
- with black and silver, the triangular markings on the chest are not clearly separated,
- The height at the withers is more or less set at 1 cm.
- Severe vices:
- friability or ease of addition, low-footedness or high-footedness,
- poorly expressed sexual dimorphism (for example, female in the cobeline type),
- turned out elbows,
- straightened hind limbs or with inverted hocks,
- too long drumstick
- turned inward hock,
- too short feet,
- white or stained wool with black or “pepper and salt” colors,
- non-uniformly colored wool with “black with silver” and white color,
- The height at the withers is greater or less than the set one from 1 cm to 2 cm.
- Disqualifying defects:
- cowardice, aggressiveness, nastiness, excessive suspicion, nervousness.
- deformities of any kind
- no breed type
- wrong bite - undershot, undershot, distorted (crooked) bite,
- very pronounced deficiencies in the structure of individual parts of the body, wool or color,
- the height at the withers is less or more than the set one more than 2 cm,
- Dogs exhibiting distinct mental and behavioral abnormalities must be disqualified.
Males should have two distinct, normally developed testicles that are completely in the scrotum.
Miniature Schnauzer Feeding
Do not give vent to emotions and immediately buy hypoallergenic food for the Miniature Schnauzer. Most purebred dogs normally digest all foods or are allergic to a certain food group (fish, milk, some cereals).
If you are inclined to feed a Miniature Schnauzer naturalka - try, introduce new products carefully, in small quantities, stock up on antihistamines and build a suitable diet step by step.
In most cases, an allergic reaction occurs on store products, that is, on the "fake" of the natural. Milk or kefir from powder, cottage cheese from starch, fruits treated with gases, dried fruits, smoked meats and similar products can cause a strong allergic reaction.
Have no experience raising dogs or do not want to "mess"?
In this case, you really should immediately start with the feed, but again, not a hypoallergenic series. For example, the class of holistic feed in composition is as close as possible to natural nutrition and does not contain extraneous "additives."
Care for miniature schnauzers and keeping dogs
- The most important part of miniature schnauzer care is wool. Due to the fact that it is very tough and rather long, mats can form in it. With improper care, skin inflammation can begin.
- Combing tsverga must be at least 1-2 times a week. To do this, use a brush with stiff bristles. Do not forget about the space between the pads on the legs and about the armpits with the stomach.
- As for the water procedures, they should not be too frequent. This can harm the tsverga and its health. Try to bathe it only as needed, well, and before cutting.
- Constantly monitor the condition of the ears, eyes and nose of the dog. Everything should be clean and dry, without redness and discharge. Since the ears of the tsverg are hanging, this can interfere with good ventilation. Therefore, it is recommended to remove interfering hairs on the ears. You can also stop the ears, but this is only at your discretion.
- Proper care includes not only maintaining a clean and healthy appearance, but also walking, feeding, regular check-ups at the vet, etc.
- The miniature schnauzer is very clean by nature, so you will not have much effort and expense to care for your coat.
Raising and training Miniature Schnauzer
The upbringing and training of tsverg should begin from the moment when it first came into your hands and into your home.
Training will begin a little later, when the little tot will reach a certain age, but the upbringing should be carried out instantly.
Miniature Schnauzer is a very active, nimble and playful dog. Be patient if you want to raise your puppy and get a loyal and intelligent friend as a result. Tsverg should feel your love and power. If he does not respect his master and does not see him as a leader, then education and training can be forgotten forever. This breed is very smart and grabs all the commands on the fly. They are clean, so to teach them to the tray, and in the future to the street - is a simple matter. They are not stubborn, but smart. Tsverg should have the motivation to fulfill all your requests.
Be sure to pronounce commands in a harsh, but not coarse voice. You should not offend the tsverg, he may harbor a grudge against you and lose confidence in you.
At this age, his nervous system is already formed, and he is able to perceive and remember all the commands and requirements. During this period, training should be a game for him. The simplest thing you can teach tsverga puppy age is to bring items. They by nature love to run after objects and small animals, so you can start with this.
The Miniature Schnauzer Owner must understand that training and education should be a method to combat excessive aggression and anger. A little tsverg will definitely try to assert itself in the house, biting everyone and nibbling everything. You should not treat such actions with affection, you should seriously stop such antics, because in the near future it will become a serious problem for you.
The miniature German schnauzer is naturally tricky, so you shouldn’t deceive, promise or fulfill it. He has a great memory and excellent instinct. In the event of fraud, in the future he will be dodgy and adapt. Punishing it just like that is also not worth it. You should not neglect the upbringing of the dog, you need to develop all its positive inclinations, communicate with it, help to study the world around it. Only then can you grow a reliable, intelligent and faithful companion and protector for yourself.
Miniature Schnauzer Vaccinations
Vaccination is carried out from the following diseases:
- plague of carnivores or distemper,
- parvovirus enteritis - the pathogen parvovirus,
- infectious hepatitis - hepadnavirus pathogen,
When to do the first vaccination puppy?
- In 2 months, the first vaccination. After the injection of the puppy can not be washed, overfeeding and display on the street. Immunity after the first vaccine is developed within 12 days, this period becomes the most dangerous for the baby. A person needs a lot of effort to alleviate the puppy's condition. After the first vaccination, the pups have a high body temperature, general weakness and diarrhea.
- After 3 weeks, a second vaccination is given to the puppy, but with the same vaccine. As a rule, after the second vaccination, the dog feels much better, but within 12 days it should be protected from other animals, from drafts and not walked out. After this time, walks are allowed.
- At 6 months of age, a puppy is vaccinated against rabies and a comprehensive vaccine against several diseases. It is forbidden to vaccinate if the dog's teeth change. You need to wait for the time until all the teeth are replaced, and then vaccinate the baby.
- At one-year-old age, the dog is given a comprehensive vaccine.
- Then, once a year, the dog should be vaccinated with the same comprehensive vaccine.
How to vaccinate a puppy?
Before vaccination, he should examine the dog, measure its body temperature, and only if everything is normal, conduct an injection. Vaccination is put either in the neck or in the thigh of the dog. The entire composition of the affixed vaccinations by a veterinarian must enroll in a dog's passport. It also indicates the date of vaccination, then the owner himself will know the expected date of the next vaccination.
Miniature Schnauzer Diseases, Symptoms and Treatment
Miniature Schnauzer is prone to a number of diseases:
- Food allergies.
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Comedones - a hereditary disease, accompanied by fatty traffic jams in the pores, most often, the site of the lesion is the back. Simply put, black spots (acne) and closed, clogged pores (flesh-colored tubercles).
- Cataract - clouding of the lens of the eye, can be diagnosed at any age, affecting one or both eyes. Often provokes the development of glaucoma.
- Glaucoma - increased intraocular pressure, can be diagnosed as an independent disease or a consequence of other ophthalmic problems.
- Progressive retinal degeneration - problems arise with age, metabolism slows down, retinal cells do not receive sufficient nutrition and are modified, atrophied or killed. Depending on the rate of progression and the area of the lesion, it can lead to partial loss of vision or blindness.
- Urolithiasis is a pathology of the urogenital system, leading to the formation of sand, and then kidney stones, bladder and ureters. Risk factors are poor-quality dry food (especially if they are fed to sterilized dogs), process water, heredity, unbalanced nutrition, concomitant kidney disease.
- Pulmonary artery stenosis is a hereditary ailment, which leads to a narrowing of the artery, through which oxygen-rich blood passes from the heart to the lungs.
- Sinus deficiency syndrome - a disease that can be a symptom or a consequence of many heart diseases, leads to a heart rhythm disorder.
- Hypothyroidism is a disorder in the thyroid gland, leading to a lack of hormones.
- Diabetes mellitus is also a thyroid disease, leading to insulin deficiency.
- Pancreatitis is an inflammatory process that affects the pancreas.
- Lipoma - neoplasm (benign) in adipose tissue.
- Melanoma is a malignant skin lesion (oncology).
- Inflammatory processes (orchitis), benign and malignant tumors of the testes, especially in uncastricted males.
- Epilepsy is a neurological pathology, manifested at the age of 2–5 years, leading to spontaneous convulsive seizures.
- Cryptorchidism is an abnormal development, accompanied by undescended testicles (or one of them) in the scrotum. For any dog such a deviation is a serious drawback and disqualifying defect.
The current in dwarf schnauzers
What should the owner of a bitch know?
- The age of the beginning of the first heat at a bitch is 6-12 months,
- the duration of estrus - 20-22 days., sometimes up to a month,
- estrus frequency - 1-2 times a year with an interval of 6-9 months,
- signs of estrus - swelling of the external genital organs of the dog, bleeding,
- frequent urination - have to walk more often than usual
- psychological signs - changes in the dog's behavior - from aggressive to sluggish,
- perhaps a change in appetite and the dog drinks more water,
- often bitches before heat start to shed,
- intensely lick a noose.
How to notice the onset of estrus?
Approximation estrus can be seen during a walk with the dog. Behavior can change, often the dog becomes active, playful and disobedient, or vice versa looks unhappy and lethargic. A bitch makes frequent marks - odor "bait" for dogs, urination is more frequent. The loop is becoming more and more swollen, with pressure you can see the discharge of light pink or unclear pink. If you notice a change in the behavior of the dog, do not be lazy and check the dog daily for the arrival of estrus, kicking with a napkin or toilet paper loop at the bitch. Pinkish discharge and will be the beginning of estrus - mark this day in the notebook of the dog.
The flow of the first estrus in the dog.
- The first estrus in dogs is not the same as the following.
- It may be shorter or longer than the usual period of leakage.
- A bitch has either only weak manifestations of heat, or, conversely, very heavy discharge.
- The first estrus can suddenly be interrupted, and then after some time it can begin again.
- There may be mucous discharge from the loop, the smell that attracts males, and estrus itself will begin after some time.
- Try not to miss the start time of the first, and subsequently the second estrus, in order to correctly determine the intervals between estrus, know their dates and duration.
Precautions during heat.
If you are not interested in receiving puppies from a dog, you should take precautions during estrus:
- walk with a dog only on a leash: even the most obedient individual these days can just run away, not paying attention to the commands,
- do not allow the dog to enter the dog males: in the case of sexual intercourse, dragging them away is almost impossible,
- in the literal sense of the word, keep your eyes on the dog, even buying bread in a tent, eliminate or minimize contact with dogs,
- there is a danger of chilling the dog during the cold season, the best way to protect oneself is not to walk very long in cold weather and use dog clothes,
- if your dog lives in free mode in your territory, then since the start of estrus, close the dog in the aviary.
Knitting dwarf schnauzers
It is best to knit a bitch for 2 years, as well as dogs. Before two years, males can not be knit in any case. Early sex life does not add health to any dog or offspring.
- Before viscous animals need to walk well, but feed should not be. It is better to acquaint dogs in neutral territory, so that they can meet and run, and then lead to the territory of a dog.
- Mating is always necessary only in the male dog. Actually, the act of love can occur during dating, so do not interfere with the process.
So, you're on the territory of a dog. Most likely, no intervention will be required, and the bitch, playing enough with the male dog, will allow the cadre to be made to the persistent suitor.
After ejaculation there is a pinching. Male can be on a bitch or stand back to her. The animals will figure it out. However, if a lady tries to break free or lie down - do not let her hold her a little. Also try not to scare dogs.
It happens that after mating, the gluing does not occur and the dog instantly loses interest in the female.
Miniature Schnauzer Pregnancy and Childbirth
From the first mating day to birth immediately passes from 56 to 72 days. It is advisable to mark the day of mating, to know how long the pregnancy is in dogs. Too early and too late childbirth most often leads to the death of the litter, therefore in both of the above cases it is necessary to seek help from a qualified veterinarian. The gestation period in dogs may be reduced due to the small number of offspring.
The number of litter increases when the dog reaches 3–4 years of age, then decreases again. The duration of pregnancy in dogs is not too long; it is not so easy to determine that the dog is pregnant.
Obvious signs of pregnancy in dogs appear at rather late stages.. Neither the probing nor the appearance of the cat at an early stage of pregnancy will tell the owner whether the tied bitch is waiting for offspring or not. The first signs relate not so much to the appearance as to the mental state, therefore, to the behavior of the pregnant bitch. The dog usually becomes calmer, often shows affection and requires affection from others. Sometimes an animal may not even seem quite healthy.
If the pregnancy is proceeding normally, a specialist can establish a pregnancy by probing for the third week. At the end of the month, the dog's abdomen increases markedly, on the fifth week the mammary glands swell and lighten. Shortly before giving birth, the bitch’s belly drops. A characteristic sign of approaching labor is a copious discharge from the loop, yellowish or greenish.
Prepare also a “delivery kit”so that everything you need at your fingertips should include:
- old blanket covers or large disposable diapers (60 * 90) on which the bitch will whelp (disposable diapers are preferable - washing is less and purity is more),
- a lot of small soft cloths ironed with a hot iron and worn from old bedding (wiping puppies),
- sterile gauze napkins (usually without need, the puppy’s mouth is dried with a piece of cloth, into which, in fact, the puppy is taken),
- pen, notebook, scales, and thick woolen threads or ribbons (it is better to use floss, because the bitch knits and removes woolen threads),
- bowl for afterbirth,
- a box or bowl for puppies with a heating pad (wrap in a diaper) - this is in case the bitch behaves in labor restlessly and there is a risk of losing the pups ... the best option is a bitch giving birth with puppies at the nipples,
- sterile scissors and medical clamp (it is not necessary to boil; at the beginning of labor, place in a jar with any alcohol),
- milk chocolate bar
- antiseptic, better spray (Aluminum, Ksidikol, Septoneks) for processing the umbilical cord.
And Kit for resuscitation puppies:
- Cordiamin to stimulate cardiac activity (newborn droplet on the tongue),
- oxygen bottle (give a weak puppy a breath), it costs about 400 rubles in pharmacies,
- small rubber heater
- a small enema for sucking mucus from the mouth of a very weak puppy.
It will also take hours to mark the birth time of the puppies and a notebook for recording the details of the whelping (they will be useful in the future), in a prominent place is the phone number of your veterinarian. It is also great to have scales for weighing newborn puppies. The puppy's weight at birth, among other details, should also be written in a notebook.
Bitches usually whelp between 58 and 63 in the afternoon. Large litters are born earlier, and small litters a little later.
Before whelping, it is good to give the bitch a not very strong laxative so that she clears the intestines.
Miscellaneous questions about the miniature schnauzer breed
I really want white tsverga, but I'm afraid that he will have "shine" wool, and the dog will seem pink. Is it so?
The skin can "shine" with full trimming. After this procedure, the dog's hair is removed, and after a month it becomes covered with dense white hair, which soon becomes even 1 cm longer. Each month, the hair grows by about 0.5-1 cm. If the dog is taken to exhibitions and kept rolling, then another technology will be used here, but wool will still cover the whole body.
Is it easy to get rid of tear paths, redheads near the mouth and on the paws of a white dog?
Tear tracks are better not to allow than to get rid of them. As a rule, ginger tracks, beard and paws are the consequences of malnutrition. A good breeder will definitely explain what kind of food you need to feed your puppy. Before you buy a baby, pay attention to the wool of his parents. If everything is in order with her, then the point is definitely not in heredity.
How often do you need to trim the tsverg and what will happen if you do not do this?
Regular trimming of the miniature schnauzer is carried out once every 5-6 months. This, it should be noted, is not very burdensome for the owners. If the wool is not pulled out and cut, then it begins to grow soft, shiny and curly, and the dog loses its original quality of wool. It does not affect the health of the dog.
Is it possible to learn how to trim a dog?
Of course. But you can go and special courses grooming. The main thing is that you like this business. You need to have patience and love for this activity. If we take it as hard work, it will only annoy a person.
Strong, courageous, hardy, incredulous, assertive, extremely clever and benevolent - all this, and not only, belongs to the famous German breed a giant schnauzer. Those owners who are fortunate enough to become the owner and friend of this dog can talk about its virtues for hours. Giant Schnauzer is able to become a source of inspiration and a cause of sudden love for the beautiful.
Representatives of this breed can rightly be called a person, and quite talented and multifaceted in their manifestations.
Scottish Terrier (Scottish Terrier)
For the Scottish terrier stuck popular nickname "gentleman in a skirt." A rectangular beard, a carrot tail and always decent behavior. Scotch terrier, it is a working dog hardy, fearless, active. Acute intelligence and focus on the person, allowed the breed to remain popular, despite the changing needs of society. Modern scotches are companions, defenders and athletes, and of course, hunters.
Scotch terrier can adapt to any situation, and is suitable even for a fairly modest apartment. Still, being a puppy, your pet will give you a lot of bright emotions, and having matured, will become a loyal friend and helper. In the character of the scotch terrier, you can also note such traits as loyalty, determination, willpower, endurance, this is a very intelligent dog with a high level of intelligence. For a dog a scotch terrier is always important to be in the center of attention, he loves to play and communicate, his loneliness is very much, so spend your pet as much time as possible. In addition to the mood of the scotch terrier can affect food, so you need to diversify feeding, then your pet will look happy and healthy.
Clothes for dwarf schnauzers
The coat of the miniature schnauzer covers the dog like a shell, reliably protecting it from getting wet under light rain, frost and wind. Only on the paws, the wool of the tsverg is less rigid.
Thanks to such qualities wool do not need clothes for the sake of warming. Such a dog will not need a pajama and a home tracksuit, it always feels warm in the house. However, aggressive outdoor environment often forces the owner of the dog to take care of the protection of his pet.
For the winter and off-season miniature schnauzer you need two coveralls to protect from dirt in wet weather. It is undesirable to bathe a dog with such a thick coat more than once a month. It gets wet through and then this wool dries for a very long time.
In wet and dirty weather, a dog may get dirty twice a day. In order not to expose her to bathing after each walk, it is better to wear a light jumpsuit. The second will need to be replaced, while the first one dries after washing..
In winter to minus fifteen degrees, the miniature schnauzer will not freeze in the street, however it is better to wear boots on his paws. First, because the paws of the dog are less protected from frost, and secondly, they must be protected from aggressive reagents.
Thick coat of dogs of this breed does not allow the dog to overheat. summer. Although black color may feel uncomfortable on a hot day. Such a dog should get a light overalls or a light-colored overalls and necessarily from natural fabrics: flax, cotton or even silk.
Will need light overalls and dog, if it is taken to rest on nature. In the tall grass and under the trees in the summer months there are a lot of ticks, which are firmly fixed in the thick and tough wool of the miniature schnauzer. You can see and find them only after the bloodsucker has already pierced the dog's skin. Therefore, it is better to protect the pet with an additional barrier against insects that carry dangerous diseases.
Buying clothes for the miniature schnauzer is now easy. Many shops selling clothes for animals have in their assortment stylish and beautiful things for dogs of any breed.
Dog Nicknames: Names for Miniature Schnauzers
Most people prefer to choose a short sonorous name for their dog.
You will have to pronounce the dog's name many times a day, and if it is too long, it will be tedious.
When choosing what to call the miniature schnauzer, you can use two methods.
- The first and easiest: open a list of the most appropriate names for this breed and choose the one you like best.
- Second: pick up an unusual name from other sources, for example, from mythology or literature, to name a dog in honor of your favorite celebrity or invent your own exclusive name.
- Anta, Aima, Arch, Ama,
- Bomb, Burma, Braz, Bera, Bor, Barba, Braini,
- Wanda, Vista, Varga, Verma,
- Gerda, Gaia, Grace, Gobi,
- Dara, Della, Delilah, Dana, Dessa,
- Enda, Era, Elina,
- Zhalla, Jenny, Beetle, Zhikana,
- Zoya, Zarina, Zorya, Zambia, Zeya,
- Oia, Irma, Irenga, Ilga, Issa,
- Cora, Kayma, Cola, Krama,
- Lisa, Laura, Lamia, Linda, Lyme, Ljuta,
- Mira, Myra, Mina, Monica, Mera, Maya,
- Nexia, Neringa, Nora, Neris, Niza, Nelle,
- Orina, Wasp, Olbia, Ocana,
- Paiva, Pinta, Pava, Pitta,
- Robusta, Rekki, Romina, Relia, Raina,
- Soma, Salvia, Santa, Sonata, Saga, Seda, Siva,
- Arbat, Angus, Alex, Armand, Axel,
- Boatswain, Borman, Brooks, Boreas, Biscay, Barbudo, Boz, Bruno,
- Walter, West, Wulf, Velez, Vist,
- Gray, Garth, Proud, Thunder, Hans, Gandalf, Gries,
- Dirk, Fighter, Wild, Demon, Dawson, Dominic,
- Yermolai, Erofey, Yerik, Yer,
- Press, Heat, Josselin, Joffrey, Zhigan,
- Zirk, Zorg, Zorro, Zaman, Zero,
- Ikar, Ilan, Ingvar, Ilot, Ishim, Irt,
- Kaif, Korch, Karel, Kulay, Kurt, Clarence, Colt,
- Lem, Leo, Leon, Luke, Lexus, Leiden, Liat,
- Mark, Moor, Maurice, Mac, Darkness, Mor, Merlin,
- Knox, Nord, Nome, Nero, Neman, Norton,
- Oran, Oscar, Orbel, Oaks,
- Pratt, Porgy, Paxton, Pike, Primus, Porter, Perez,
- Wrestling, Reus, Rhesus, Rum, Rust, Rebus, Richard,
- Steve, Storm, Stark, Gray, Cyrus, Serge, Smart,
Owner Reviews on Miniature Schnauzer
All my life I have a dog. Each is unique, about every memory, every honor.
However, the dog of my life, my favorite pet, is the Miniature Schnauzer Taganrog Courage Marmeladny Boy, in the world of Gavrila.
It was bought six and a half years ago by an adolescent puppy after an unsuccessful “adoption” by “mom”, who decided to give her husband a surprise. She brought the kutenka home, and her husband says: take me from where she took in good health and not shoot me. This is how I got the unfortunate second-hand. And you know how he felt, how desperately he wanted to please!
However, he did it well! And how can this clot of indomitable energy in the body of a miniature dog, fearless character, enthusiasm and a peasant sly be disliked?
For a city apartment the option is PERFECT because:
- Compact, does not require a lot of space.
- Totally odorless.
- Do not shed absolutely.
- Unpretentious food.
- Good health, long-lived.
- An unsurpassed and tireless companion on trips and trips by any means of transport over any distance. Hides so that no one will see and hear.
- The highest degree of socially adapted.
- Excellent watchman, empathetic and vigilant. He is incorruptible, wary of strangers, does not tolerate familiarity. Has a heightened sense of self-esteem, touchy, but not vindictive.
- Unobtrusive, perfectly knows the psychology of the host, under which it adapts unmistakably.
The disadvantage indicated above is only one: on the street and look up picked up any scum found. Moreover, ALL tsvergi sin. Since I missed the early childhood period, it is difficult to correct this defect. The cunning dog gently, non-demonstratively takes his prey and carries it in his teeth, hiding behind a broad beard, glancing at the owner: does he see or not? If you look through it, it will make you laugh at times. Team "Fu" or "spit" perform reluctantly, with a look of offended dignity)))
For reference: miniature schnauzer is the smallest official breed in the world. This, too, must be borne in mind.
Daughter begged a dog for many years. Since I understood perfectly well that all the care duties would fall on me, I resisted for a long time, but the water wears away the stone, and one day I gave up (my husband insisted on a hamster). My condition was - only I choose the breed. For more than a month I didn’t get out of the Internet, trying to find the ideal: small (because we live in a two-room apartment), but also not a little toy (I wanted to look like a dog, but not like a Tamagotchi), smart, obedient , got along with children and most importantly - did not fade! It seemed that the wish list was unreal, but the list of breeds was reduced to two: the poodle and the miniature shack. They wrote about both that they do not shed and are very clever.
I chose the little nail for service, the title of "the smallest service dog in the world" bribed me. Today we have one more family member, just yesterday, the youngest (and we don’t call him in conversations with each other as a son, small or bearded) talked about 3 years. Life without him is already impossible to imagine (the husband who insisted on a hamster loves the most).
And now what should be prepared for:
- it does not fade (indeed, yes, but, if you tweak every month! not once every six months, namely every month, and this pleasure is not cheap (we pay 2500 rubles a month)
- does not smell (true, but in addition to monthly haircuts, you need to wash and scratch yourself; in the summer, turnips stick on wet shaggy legs, wet legs and tummy tumble 3 times a day, etc., in the wet autumn and spring)
- clever (very, but, the dog requires training! We spent 3 months on the site, every Saturday and Sunday rise neither dawn, walk, then 2-2.5 hours (with a change of 30 minutes) in any weather, rain, frost and slush! We passed the exam early, after we went to classes on agility, now we pay a lot of attention at home, we walk at least 3-4 hours a day, we bought educational toys). The result is a perfectly educated dog, with whom you can walk around the city without a leash, at the command goes near the foot, does not rush to the cats, is not afraid of cars, loud noises, sits without moving around the cashiers while we go shopping, loves to play with children the favorite of the entire daughter class, always with us, and on a visit to the DR or to the wedding, and to work (sometimes I take with me to the office - sleeps under the table) if entry with dogs is prohibited (waiting for us in the car). On the street, strangers come up and ask for a nursery phone to buy the same one. Not a single pair of spoiled shoes, on sofas, beds, chairs, will even jump into his head, never wakes up in the morning, especially on weekends.
- many write that the breed is brehlivy (complete nonsense, with proper upbringing, see above, not a bar without a command, our silence in general can rumble like a cat when it is scratched back)
- wrote in a review that on the street picked up from the ground (again, complete nonsense, engage in training)
Conclusion: there is no better dog! Thanks to him, we began to smile more often. This family member, but attention, parental work and care, investment in education, food, vaccinations, treatment requires no less than a human child.
Choosing a Miniature Schnauzer Puppy
- Check how carefully the parents were selected for litter. How healthy they are, whether they are thoroughbred, whether they have awards and prizes at exhibitions. It is desirable that you can personally "communicate" with them. Look at their behavior and character. If one of the parents you notice signs of aggression, then it is worth refusing such a litter.
- When it comes to puppies, here also check all the certificates and the availability of all the necessary vaccinations.
- Visually, the puppy should be healthy, with a shiny coat without dandruff, clean ears, nose and eyes.
- Puppies should be a bit plump, fun and mobile.
- The color of the claws should match the main color.
- Observe how the puppy eats, what his appetite is.
- Also pay attention to the behavior of the toddler, as he relates to his brothers and sisters. How active is it in the game and is there excessive aggression in it?
- Try to communicate with the puppy, if he went to the contact, responds to your words and in the eyes of his interest, you can safely choose him.
- But if the peasant liked you externally, but he didn’t go to contact you and even responded with aggression, then in no case should you stop choosing him. Miniature Schnauzer puppies are not so alert and mistrustful as they are in adulthood, so they should be very cheerful, sociable with glowing eyes and a desire to learn new things. If you notice that the puppy is sad and does not want to make contact even with his fellows, then this is a reason to be wary.
The cost of miniature schnauzers - the price of puppies
- Price pedigree puppy starts at 18,000 rubles. It will be a healthy baby, with documents and the necessary vaccinations.
- If you need a pet for breeding and show career, you will have to pay a little more.
High-quality offspring from the nursery costs a maximum of 35,000-38,000 rubles.
Wool and color
Ostev hair in tsvergov long, thick undercoat. On the limbs the coat is softer, on the ears and forehead - in short. Beard and eyebrows are a trait by which even amateurs can easily recognize these dogs.
Modern standard allows colors:
In the photo - a gorgeous old-type male Spanish breeding dog. Docked and in perfect shape.
pepper with salt
Pepper-colored miniature schnauzers were especially popular in the USA 10 years ago (the same goes for Riesenschnauzers). Thanks to the active import of livestock, they are now not uncommon in Russia. Due to imported blood, the pepper in salt and pepper color is usually better health and mental.
black with silver
There are also chocolate and tan schnauzers.
The skull is strong and elongated, sufficiently full, even in puppy age. Hanging ears, set high. In recent years, the cupping of the ears is prohibited. Neck muscular, gently arched.
Eyes are dark, oval, without a hint of dampness of the eyelids.
A complete set of teeth and a scissor bite are required.
Body, movement and tail
Miniature schnauzers should be square format, that is, the length of the body is equal to the height at the withers. Short and strong back turns into a slightly rounded croup. The tail is saber-shaped or crescent-shaped, set high, in recent years it has not been arrested.
The movement is sweeping, free, despite the massive backbone. Parallel set of limbs is obligatory.
In exhibition dogs after trimming, any violations of the anatomical structure are easily noticeable, and in running, they appear even brighter. Disturbances of proportions, the stretched format are inadmissible.
The modern view of the miniature schnauzer is characterized by a long tail with a kink (or curved wheel) and hanging ears (if they are not cropped, they require appropriate care).
Miniature schnauzers are viable, have good health, every fifth lives more than 15 years. The average life expectancy is 12 years.
The main diseases are associated with elevated levels of fat in the blood. Lipidemia in turn can cause pancreatitis. Some dogs have diabetes, urolithiasis, eye diseases, congenital mega esophagus - an expansion of the esophagus, which requires surgery.
Sometimes, at the age of 3–5 years, von Willebrand disease, a hereditary, incurable blood disorder, occurs.
Care and grooming
Care for tsvergov is a serious work, they need to be regularly trimmed (to pull out dead hair).
However, trimming is easy to master yourself, or to entrust this work to specialists (the cost starts from 1500 rubles).
Beard requires daily care. To minimize cleaning after feeding, it is better to purchase special bowls, tapering upwards.
Daily walks are necessary, the little tsverg, not receiving the required load, becomes aggressive and poorly controlled. This is not the pet who agrees to go to the tray and get to know the world from the height of the master's hands.
A huge plus of the miniature schnauzer is that it is a hypoallergenic breed that does not fade (with proper grooming).
Training and education
This is not a sofa dog, miniature schnauzers require serious workloads, they often participate in agility competitions, and successfully complete a course of early childhood education. But this is not a guard, to outsiders, dogs are usually friendly.
A cheerful, cheerful dog will be a favorite of children, an active companion on walks and sports jogs, a participant in all family activities, will easily find a common language with other animals in the family.
Types in the breed
For a long time in the breed went a sharp division into "Americans" and "Europeans." In recent years, as a result of the constant exchange of producers, the livestock has leveled off, now the division along the "territorial basis" has lost relevance.
However, in the breed there are intrabreed types: schnauzer, terrier and pinscher, named for anatomical similarity.
- "Schnauzers"These are classic representatives, with a large head, strong bones and a voluminous body. They perfectly match the standard, and are indistinguishable from mittschnauzers in the photo. They have perfect coat, thick coat, developed undercoat. Possible disadvantages are excessive massiveness, loose build up and, as a result, loose muscles.
- Tsvergi in the type of terriersCompact, look more sporty. Long neck, beautiful posture and set limbs, clean, rich color - all these advantages lead to regular victories in the show ring. An excellent form is attached to this, and the ears are set, a thick tail without creases, as a result - an increasing number of breeders strive to work with the manufacturers of precisely such lines. However, such popularity negatively affects the quality of the offspring; puppies often appear with irregular proportions, poorly developed joints, and limited movements. With the wrong selection of pairs, puppies appear with short limbs and a poorly balanced head.
- Miniature Pinscher SchnauzersThere are relatively rare. They have a compact body, deep chest, bulky muscles and flying movements. Relatively light and unloaded, they remain in exhibition form for a long time. If a breeder in the pursuit of a show-exterior over-cultivates dignity, he gets too dry, thin-boned animals, with a shortened, swollen head.