The French vaccine "Eurucan DHPPI2" is available in 2 variations, differing in the number of strains contained. The label "LR" indicates the presence of the strain "rabies" (dog rabies) and is used to designate a combination vaccine used for a larger number of pathogens.
Regardless of the labeling (“L” or “LR”), vaccines have a similar composition of incoming ingredients:
- Liquid. It is presented as a turbid liquid that forms sediment during long-term storage. Temporary transparency obtained after the formation of a precipitate is eliminated by thorough shaking. Suspension includes weakened strains of pathogens:
- rabies (only when labeled "LR").
- Dry (lyophilized). It is represented by a mass with a porous structure having a beige or light yellow shade and including:
- strains of adenovirus and parainfluenza type 2, parvovirus, plague virus,
- stabilizers represented by glucides (carbohydrates) and polypeptides (amino acids).
When packing use 2 types of glass bottles separating the dry components from the liquid. The volume of each vial is 1 ml, and the injection dose is obtained by mixing the contents of 2 vials: dry and liquid.
Indications for use and mechanism of action
Eurikan is used as a preventive measure to prevent the development of:
- rabies (only in case of “LR” marking),
- the plague of carnivores,
- type 2 parainfluenza
When ingested drug:
- produces protective antibodies that give a strong immunity to these diseases,
- begins to act after 2 weeks,
- valid year, therefore, involves an annual revaccination.
Despite the fact that vaccination does not guarantee one hundred percent protection, a vaccinated dog takes the disease more easily.
Eurikan is not a drug, therefore it is useless for sick pets.
Instructions for use and dosage for dogs
The weight of the animal on the calculation of the dosage is not affected. Age suitable for the first inoculation depends on the type of drug:
- "LR" - 3 months
- "L" (without rabies) - 7 weeks.
Eurikan is applied as follows:
- Twice. Revaccination is performed after 3-5 weeks. In the subsequent re-vaccination is repeated annually. The rabies vaccination (“LR”) is carried out no more than once a year, therefore it is carried out only once.
- Separated from other vaccines. So, for example, with the introduction of the Eurican modification "L" rabies vaccination is allowed only with revaccination type "LR". Vaccine from other manufacturers do not provide for parallel use.
- After deworming. This is done no later than 10 days before vaccination. Otherwise, the body that is fighting with worms will not be able to produce the necessary antibodies.
When administering a vaccine yourself, follow the instructions:
- Prepare the necessary tools and materials by treating them with alcohol.
- Shake the bottle with the liquid component to eliminate the sediment and form a uniform consistency.
- Pierce the bottle with a syringe needle and fill in the contents.
- Inject the collected solution into the vial with the dry component and, after removing the syringe, shake thoroughly until a homogeneous solution is obtained. Do not remove the rubber stopper before mixing, but gently insert the needle straight into it.
- Fill the syringe with the resulting solution. The vaccine does not provide for subsequent storage and is used immediately after preparation.
- Treat the injection area with a cotton swab moistened with alcohol.
- Inject the vaccine under the skin of the scapular area or inside the thigh muscles.
Do not use the same tools for different animals. When skipping planned revaccination is recommended to vaccinate the animal in the near future. Otherwise, the protective immunity will decrease.
Rabies vaccine side effects
Among the side effects of the drug is possible:
- the formation of a small seal in the area of the injectionthat does not require special intervention and disappears in 2-3 days on its own,
- occurrence of an anaphylactic reaction in conditions of individual intolerance to the components, providing for symptomatic treatment.
In rare cases, a vaccinated dog has complex problems with the digestive tract (diarrhea, nausea), loses its appetite and is in a sluggish state. Such symptoms are observed at an early stage of infection.
Contraindications for admission
Acceptance of Eurian is contraindicated in:
- individual intolerance of the components,
- disease or weakened condition
- less than 3 months of age (“LR”) or 7 weeks (“L”),
- the presence of impurities in the liquid component,
- deworming, made less than 10 days before vaccination,
- recent viral infection
- violation of the integrity of the bottle,
- expiration date.
Avoid getting Eurican on skin and mucous membranes. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with water. If the drug is accidentally injected into a person, treat the injection site with an antiseptic (iodine, ethyl alcohol) and seek medical help.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Do not store at temperatures below 2 degrees, above 8 degrees and near food. Under the drug allocate a separate shelf in the refrigerator.
If the opened bottle is not used for half an hour, contains mold or impurities, then it is disinfected with a 10-minute boil and disposed of. The rule applies and subject to the expired shelf life.
Eurikan can not be frozen. Otherwise, it must be disposed of.
Price and analogues
If it is impossible to use the preparation in question, the veterinarian prescribes one of the following analogues:
The cost of 1 dose of the drug varies from 350 to 500 rubles and depends on:
- choice of veterinary pharmacy,
- the location of the region
- type of vaccine (“LR” is more expensive).
A whole pack of medication is cheaper than the doses purchased separately. In the presence of puppies receiving the drug for the first time, or several animals, this option will save.
In conclusion, I note that eurikan is a high-quality drug of imported production, which does not have serious side effects. Measured doses allow the use of the vaccine even at home.
The structure of Eurikan includes strains of the following pathogens isolated by culture.:
- the plague of carnivores,
- adenovirus CAV2,
- parainfluenza of the second type
- leptospirosis of serogroups Icterohemorrhagia and Knicola,
- rabies strain G52 (in the LR version).
As well as excipients.
The drug contributes to the development of stable immunity. to the pathogens of the above viruses 14 days after the administration, which lasts for 12 months, after which revaccination should be carried out.
Mode of application
10 days before vaccination, de-worming of the animal is required, even if the dog does not have worms.
Immediately before use, it is necessary to combine both components of the vaccine as follows:
- type a liquid part in a sterile syringe with a needle and put it into a vial with a dry mass, a rubber cap punctured by a needle,
- remove the syringe and bring the contents to a uniform state, turning the bottle in different directions,
- type ready vaccine in the syringe,
- process the injection site with an alcohol swab and inject the vaccine: subcutaneously in the area of the scapula or intramuscularly in the thigh.
Regardless of body weight and age, the drug is administered in full (1 ml).
Primary vaccination requires repeated carrying out in 3-5 weeks. Subsequent revaccinations are performed every 12 months.
Puppies are vaccinated Eurikan L at the age of 7 weeks, Eurikan LR when reaching 3 months.
In case of epidemic leptospirosis in the area where the dog resides, revaccination from this disease is recommended 6 months after the injection of Eurican.
- A slight swelling may occur at the injection site, which disperses on its own and does not require additional monitoring or treatment.
- Possible manifestation of individual intolerance to the drug and an anaphylactic response to the components of the vaccine.
Eurikan vaccine is considered harmless, but has a number of contraindications. Do not use the drug in the following cases:
- after obligatory deworming less than 10 days passed,
- a weak or sick animal,
- immediately after the transfer of viral diseases,
- puppies under the age of 7 weeks for version L, and 3 months for version LR,
- damage to the integrity of the vials,
- the presence of impurities in the liquid part of the vaccine,
- after the expiration date.
Our dog is six years old. After vaccination with Eurikan, a side injury appeared: the muzzle and neck began to swell, that is, Quincke's edema. I had to urgently go back to the clinic and put a drip. In vetpasport and noted that it does not suit us. My advice to those who plan to vaccinate: stay in the clinic or nearby for one to two hours and watch the dog.
For six years I have been breeding dogs and have been using Eurikan all this time. I put it to puppies and adult dogs. She is well tolerated and has never caused allergic reactions compared to Nobivac.
Great vaccine. And about the price I want to say that you need to pay for good quality, and to treat a dog is much more expensive and not always possible.
A vaccine can be of two different modifications:
The difference is that Eurican DHPPI2-LR contains strains of rabies viruses. Due to the composition, the application scheme is different, but otherwise they are similar (the same storage conditions, appearance, methods of use) and have no other differences.
Eurikan consists of two components:
- The dry component is an externally porous mass of light yellow or beige color. It consists of strains of parvovirus, adenovirus, plague viruses and parainfluenza of the second type, prepared and dried by a special method. Also in the dry component are polypeptides and glucids, which act as stabilizers.
- The liquid component is a slightly turbid liquid. During long-term storage, it becomes transparent, and a precipitate falls on the bottom, which is stirred well when agitated. The suspension includes leptospira strains, and DHPPI2-LR variations also contain rabies viruses.
The dry and liquid components are packaged separately in clear glass bottles. To preserve the tightness they use rubber plugs, which are rolled with aluminum covers. Each bottle is placed in 1 ml, which is equal to the immunized dose. One dose is two bottles with dry and liquid components that are mixed before vaccination.
How to apply?
Using a vaccine requires adherence to a specific algorithm of actions:
- Shake the liquid part in the vial so that it turns into a uniform suspension. This is especially true for cases where a precipitate is visible at the bottom.
- Next, you need to pierce the rubber stopper with a syringe with a needle and collect liquid component into it.
- Send the suspension to the vial with the dry component without opening the cap, but simply puncturing it.
- Shake well so that the porous dry mass is completely dissolved in the liquid.
- Type in the syringe prepared mixture.
- Make a subcutaneous injection, after wiping the injection site with ethyl alcohol.
For the procedure using sterile syringes and needles, preferably disposable. If syringes or reusable needles are used, it must be sterilized by boiling for 20 minutes. A new sterile kit is used for each pet, if several animals are vaccinated simultaneously.
Important! Single dose is 1 ml. It does not depend on the breed or weight of the dog. Remains unchanged for puppies and adult dogs.
In order for Eurikan in dogs to form an effective immunity, it is necessary to adhere to the following vaccination schedule:
- Vaccinations are subject to puppies from 7 weeks of age, but if only Eurican DHPPI2-L is used (without rabies).
- The first immunization is carried out twice. The second injection is done 3-5 weeks after the first injection.
- A second shot is given with the first vaccine or Eurican DHPPI2-LR (rabies). Vaccination containing rabies viruses is possible only from 12 weeks of age. If the first option is chosen, the rabies vaccination is done separately, but not together with Eurikan.
- Revaccination is carried out annually to all adult dogs.
It is advisable not to skip routine immunization, as this may lead to reduced protection. In case of a pass, vaccination should be made as soon as possible.
10 days before immunization, it is imperative that the animal be dewormed, even if no worms are detected. The fact is that the waste products of parasites can cause intoxication. In this regard, the immune system is "busy" with the removal of poison from the body, and not the formation of a protective reaction to viruses.
According to the instructions for use, Eurikan for dogs is considered a harmless vaccine, but to preserve its biological properties and safety, it is necessary to observe the storage conditions:
- Storage temperature should be strictly in the range of 2 to 8˚C, so the vaccine is usually placed in a refrigerator on a separate shelf so that it does not come into contact with food.
- Avoid contact with direct sunlight.
- After opening the bottle, you can use the vaccine for half an hour. If during this time the product has not been used, it must be disposed of, but previously disinfected with a 30-minute boil.
- Freezing is strictly prohibited.
In order not to harm the animal, the use of Eurikan should be abandoned in such cases:
- the liquid component was freezing,
- impurities appeared in the vial,
- the tightness of the packaging is broken,
- the vaccine was stored incorrectly
- there is no label on the bottle and its origin is unknown,
- Expired shelf life.
Observe the rules of storage is necessary and when transporting funds. Otherwise it may cause complications.
Oksana, the owner of the French Bulldog:
“Previously, Nobivac was always used for immunization, but once he wasn’t in the pharmacy. Pharmacist advised to purchase Eurikan. This vaccine did not suit us. After the injection, the dog slept for almost a day. The nose was hot and dry, refused to eat. Went to the clinic and barely pumped. I will not use this tool anymore. ”
Vladimir, the master of the spaniel:
“I repeatedly used Eurikan to vaccinate my dog. My spanielle tolerates him well. No side effects arise. Well protects against dangerous viral infections, at least, we bypassed the parainfluenza during an epidemic in the city. The main thing is to comply with all the recommendations of the veterinarian and properly prepare the animal for the procedure. "
Eugene, a veterinarian with 6 years of experience:
“I consider Eurikan one of the best vaccines on the market. I have been using it for a long time in my practice, and all animals tolerate it well. Never had drowsiness, apathy, fever. The other day did two vaccine his yorkam. No negative consequences. After the injection, the pets remained as fun and active as before the vaccination. ”
Galina, a veterinarian with 10 years of experience:
“Eurikan is an excellent vaccine. I have been using it in my practice for about 5 years. During this time, I have never observed any side effects in the form of drowsiness, anaphylactic shock, apathy, fever, but there were three cases of enteritis after vaccination. One of the puppies almost died. But it’s more a matter of improper transportation than of the vaccine itself. ”
"Eurikan" is a complex hexavalent vaccine. The composition of the drug is two-component. It includes:
- "Eurikan" DHPPI2 is a lyophilized vaccine aimed at combating plague carnivorous, parvovirus, adenovirus, as well as the second type parainfluenza in dogs.
- "Eurikan" RL - liquid vaccine. Contains a rabies virus in an inactivated form, as well as leptospira of the Canicol serogroups and Interohemorrhagia.
There is another type of vaccine available. In its composition, instead of “Eurikan” RL, there is “Eurikan” L. The difference between this liquid component and the one mentioned earlier is that it does not contain an inactivated rabies virus. Therefore, after vaccination with such a drug, the dog does not acquire immunity from this dangerous disease.
Indications for use of the vaccine
What diseases is used for "Eurikan"? Instructions for use reveals the purpose of the drug:
- Plague carnivorous - a viral disease, manifested in extensive lesions of the skin of the dog in conjunction with fever, damage to the nervous system and gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the course of the disease is often complicated by pneumonia. Particularly susceptible to the plague of carnivorous puppies, but infection is not excluded and in adulthood.
- Adenovirus infection is a contagious disease affecting the larynx, bronchi and trachea. Признаками недуга являются кашель, выделения из носа, повышение температуры, рвотные спазмы, а также расстройства кишечника и желудка. Нередки и такие симптомы, как одышка и снижение активности собаки.
- Parvovirus infection - has two forms of manifestation: intestinal and cardiac. Symptoms of the first variety are increased body temperature, diarrhea, vomiting, inflammation of the mucous membranes, pain in the abdomen. In the case of cardiac infection, the muscles of the heart are damaged.
- Parainfluenza type 2 - affects the upper respiratory tract. Manifested in the form of tonsillitis, cough, serous nasal discharge. Sometimes vomiting is observed. At the same time, the dog's appetite does not deteriorate.
- Leptospirosis is an infectious disease that carries a danger not only to a pet, but also to its owner. Flows covertly. Shows no clinical signs. The pathogen, entering the dog's body, causes damage to the liver, kidneys and mucous membranes, fever, jaundice, and disorders of the functions of the central nervous system. The incubation period does not exceed 15 days. Leptospirosis leads to the inevitable death of the animal.
"Eurikan": instructions for use, manufacturer
The medicine is produced in France by the pharmaceutical company Merial. Before vaccination of the two components that make up the drug, it is necessary to prepare the mixture. It is necessary to follow the rules of antiseptics, use only sterile materials. The dose of the injection, regardless of the weight and age of the animal, is 1 ml. It is recommended that the first vaccination be carried out at 7 weeks of a dog's life, and a second one - in three to five weeks.
"Eurikan" for puppies: instructions for use
One of the main issues is the possibility of using a vaccine for puppies. After all, most viral infections occur in childhood. So, is Eurikan safe in this case? Instructions for use allow vaccination of an animal from 3 months. The drug is safe and easily tolerated by a puppy, without causing side effects.
In addition, the use of the vaccine is possible even in pregnant females. No abortions, no decrease in the number of litter, no other local and systemic reactions while bitches are observed. The main condition is sterility in the preparation of the solution, as well as the health of the animal. If there are symptoms of infection, the vaccine can aggravate the situation and lead to the inevitable death of the dog. Pay attention to the health of your pets and in time carry out the prevention of dangerous diseases.
ORDER OF USE EURICAN:
The vaccine is injected subcutaneously at a dose of 1 ml. (does not depend on the weight of the animal)
Primary vaccination Eurikan DHPPI2-L consists of 2 injections:
- 1st at 7 weeks
- 2nd in 3 - 5 weeks
Primary vaccination Eurikan DHPPI2-LR:
Revaccination: in a year.
Vaccinate only a healthy animal, not earlier than 10 days after deworming.
Glass vials packed in cardboard or plastic boxes of 100 or 10 bottles.
a mixture of attenuated virus strains
at a temperature of 2 ° C. to + 8 ° C., in a dry, dark place ..
2 years from the date of manufacture.
about 300 rubles for 1 dose (2 bottles).