Each owner will say that it is best when the pet is cheerful and healthy and there is no need to go to a veterinary clinic and receive expensive treatment. However, not always fluffy pet can live a happy life without becoming acquainted with drugs, and in particular with antibiotics. This is a broad group that effectively fights against damage to internal organs. Today we want to tell you about Enroxil for cats, which is used by veterinarians very often.
The drug is based on the active ingredient enrofloxacin. This substance belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones. Of course, people who are ignorant of veterinary medicine, it is not clear from the fact that we have given these terms. Therefore, let's understand further. Enroxil for cats is an excellent choice even when the diagnosis is not completely clear. The drug effectively fights a wide variety of bacterial lesions. You can list them all for a long time, but even such resistant infections as mycoplasma recede very quickly.
Features effects on the body
Enroxil for cats is perfectly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and very quickly penetrates into all organs and systems. The maximum concentration in the blood is maintained for six hours. At the same time, the therapeutic concentration remains in the blood for about a day. Thus, the owner has the opportunity to give or inject intramuscularly the drug no more than once a day or even two. This is very convenient, as fluffy beauties extremely dislike such procedures. Displays the drug unchanged with urine and bile.
Meat Flavored Tablets
Enroxil for cats is available in tablet form. This is very convenient, since not every owner knows how to put injections. In the package of 10 tablets of 1.5 g each. Flavoring additives make feeding the drug easier. One tablet contains 15 mg of active ingredient. Used tablet form mainly for the treatment of primary and secondary diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary system. It should be noted that the latter are considered extremely common among the representatives of the feline world, especially among castrated males.
In what other cases have Enroxil been used successfully for cats? The instruction notes that diseases of the infectious etiology and sepsis of wound infections are treated very well with this drug.
A veterinarian should prescribe a course of treatment upon personal examination of a sick animal, as well as after passing tests. However, there are general rules according to which Enroxil is prescribed for cats. Instructions for use gives us the following guidelines. The drug is administered orally at a dose of 5 mg of enrofloxacin per kg of live weight.
You can count in another way. For effective treatment you will need one tablet per three kilograms of body weight, once a day. Treatment should last at least five days. The most correct scheme is considered to be an orientation towards the health of a fluffy patient. After the last symptoms disappear, it is necessary to continue taking the drug for two more days.
In fact, the duration of admission is individual. Treatment of chronic diseases can last longer. Tablets can be pounded and given to the animal with food, if it refuses to take them whole.
Today we are talking not about vitamins, but about Enroxil veterinary. Instructions for use for cats emphasizes that before the appointment of this antibiotic, it is necessary to assess the condition of the animal, as well as the tendency to allergic reactions. The fact is that hypersensitivity to enrofloxacin is not at all uncommon, and in this case it is imperative to choose a similar drug that is more easily tolerated.
It is forbidden to prescribe these pills to cats in the first 12 months of life. In addition, it is not recommended to use it as part of complex therapy, simultaneously with tetracycline drugs, macrolides and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is strictly forbidden to use the drug for nursing cats.
In which case is the 5% Enroxil used for cats? The instruction suggests using injections for progressive infections of the respiratory organs, gastrointestinal tract and urinary system. If there is no time to wait until the pills work, or the intestinal absorption capacity is impaired, it remains to use injections.
This preparation is issued in the form of light yellow transparent solution. It is packaged in 100 or 50 ml vials. Each ml of solution contains 5 g of active active ingredient. Another 10% solution is being produced, but it is almost never used for animals. Veterinarians recommend a dosage of 1-2 ml for cats per 10 kg of animal weight. The duration of treatment depends on the condition of the animal, but on average is 5-10 days.
It is very important to follow the recommendations given by your veterinarian. The drug is quite heavy, and exceeding the above doses can lead to serious deterioration of health. The first is observed depression, vomiting and diarrhea. If you do not help the animal, a serious overdose can cause its death. Enroxil for cats in ampoules of 50 and 100 ml is sold in veterinary pharmacies, but this is too much for home use. Contact your veterinarian, who will measure the amount of the drug you need for the course of treatment.
Officially they do not exist. However, veterinarians know that there are a number of drugs with a similar spectrum of action, and in some cases may recommend replacement. Such can be considered drugs "Floxacin", "Baytril", "Enroflon", "Vetaflok". However, each of them has its own characteristics, so without the recommendation of a specialist to change one drug to another is not worth it. First of all, the owner should know that the dosage and method of use are somewhat different, and each has its own contraindications.
Instead of conclusion
Veterinary drugs are relatively inexpensive and are sold in pharmacies freely, without prescriptions. However, this does not mean that any owner will be able to correctly use them. The pharmacy employs an ordinary pharmacist who knows only the names of the drugs, as well as the range of their actions. Therefore, if your pet is sick, please contact the veterinary clinic directly. Judging by the reviews of doctors, this drug is effective and fairly safe, while respecting the optimal dosage.
Enroxil Composition and Release Form
The active ingredient of the drug is enrofloxacin. Depending on the form of release, certain excipients are included in the preparation.
The preparation Enroksil is issued in the form of solution for injections and in tablets.
Enroxil is produced in two dosage forms:
- Injection. Available in a ratio of 10 or 5 percent. The liquid in the vial is transparent, light yellow.
- Pills. They are produced in dosages of 50, 15 and 150 mg. The tablets have a round shape and brown with patches of light or dark hues. The great advantage of this form of the drug is the taste and smell of meat, which is characterized by these pills. Due to this, the animal easily eats the required dose of the drug.
Auxiliary components of tablets are starch, sodium glycolate and cellulose in microcrystals, flavoring and other substances. Injectable water, potassium hydroxide and butanol are used to make the solution.
The active component of the veterinary drug belongs to the fluoroquinolone group. Enrofloxacin prevents DNA synthesis in bacterial cells.
The drug leads to a decrease in growth and reproduction of both gram-negative and gram-positive microorganisms:
When administered orally, the active ingredient is rapidly absorbed by the digestive system, penetrating into other organs. Excreted during the day mainly during urination and defecation.
When the drug is prescribed
Instructions for use Enroxil indicates that the drug is assigned to cats with infections of the digestive, respiratory and urogenital systems, the causative agents of which are pathogenic bacteria.
The drug Enroxil is prescribed for bacterial diseases.
Therefore, the most commonly used drug for such pathologies:
It can be used for the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases of the ears and skin in animals.
Instructions for use
Enroxil cats can only be prescribed by a qualified veterinarian, since the drug is a strong antibiotic. It takes into account the diagnosis, the degree of the disease. To calculate the dosage takes into account the weight and age of the animal.
Enroxil pills are given to cats twice a day (in the morning and evening), adding them to food. The daily dosage for animals is per 1 kg of weight 5 mg of the drug.
The dosage is calculated depending on the weight of the cats:
- 15 mg of the drug (1 tablet) is prescribed for 3 kg of the body weight of the animal.
- With a weight of 10 kg dose at a time give 1 tablet of 50 mg.
The duration of treatment is up to ten days. Apply at least five days.
Important. It is not allowed to skip the next dose, as this often leads to the ineffectiveness of drug treatment.
The instructions for using the solution indicate that injections for cats are used only in case of progression of infectious diseases of the respiratory, urinary or digestive system. Injections are prescribed for intestinal absorption disorders, as well as when there is no time to wait for the action of the tablets.
In this case, the dosage is also determined depending on the body weight of the cat. Usually they prick from 1 to 2 ml per 10 kilogram of weight. Injections are intended to be administered under the skin. In the same place injected no more than 2.5 ml. Enroxil is used for cats in this form very rarely, but in case of such need it must be used for at least five days.
The dosage of the drug is calculated by the weight of the animal.
Council When using the drug to restore the normal microflora of the digestive organs should be used bifidobacteria.
Typically, Enroxil tablets and injections are well tolerated by animals.
However, in some cases, such adverse reactions may develop:
- loss of appetite,
- increased bowel movements
- allergic reaction.
When these symptoms occur, the drug is discontinued and agents are used to eliminate these signs. In this case, it is important to consult with a specialist about further actions during treatment.
In some cases, the veterinarian may offer drugs that are identical in composition to Enroxil.
Important. Most studies and reviews of the drug suggest that Enroxil has many advantages over similar antibiotics.
Thus, Enroxil is a popular antimicrobial agent that is used in veterinary medicine in the treatment of various infectious diseases of bacterial origin. For cats, it is preferable to use the tablet form of the drug. But in severe cases, if necessary, 5% solution can be used for subcutaneous administration.
Enroksil is an effective and rather strong antibiotic.
In order for therapeutic efficacy to achieve maximum results, Enroxil should be used as directed by the instructions for use.
General characteristics and description of the drug Enroxil
This medicine has several different consistencies:
- Pills. The main component of the tablets is the active ingredient - enrofloxacin.
- Powder. The concentration of the powder is 5%, does not have a strong or unpleasant odor, the color of sand grains is yellow. Packaging of the drug occurs in packages weighing 1 kg, 25 kg - drum. The main component of the product is enrofloxacin.
- Solution for direct oral administration. The solution has a 10% concentration and is produced in glass vessels of 100 ml, 1 liter in a container made of polyethylene. Enrofloxacin is also a component of the solution.
- 5% solution for injection inside the animal. The main active ingredient is enrofloxacin, and additional additives are water, butanol, and potassium hydroxide.
Enroxil is available for the treatment of the following domestic animals — large and small cattle, piglets, goats, birds, cats, and dogs. Veterinarians prescribe medicine for the treatment of respiratory diseases, for disorders of the genitourinary and digestive systems, caused by exposure to animal viruses and infectious cells.
Pharmacological features of the drug
In veterinary medicine Enroxil medication has a large scope. The tool is considered an antibiotic that helps rid the body of a pet from infected cells. The components of the drug are able to quickly be absorbed into the intestinal walls, while their elimination is carried out for a long time, which allows them to act on infected cells for a long time.
Enroxil is able to kill bacteria and microbes in diseases associated with the respiratory system, skin, urinary system and intestines. Also, the drug can rid a living organism of microplasma pathogens.
Enroxil as tablets suitable for cats and dogs. So, the tablets have a characteristic smell of meat, so the animal will happily eat the pill without any problems and difficulties. After the tablet enters the stomach, it is quickly absorbed by the mucous membrane of the body. After 5 hours in the blood of the body there is a high concentration of the component of this drug. The effect of the drug on the body occurs during the day.
Solution for direct use inside best for poultry. Through the mucous membrane of the feathered components of the drug enter the body and are absorbed in it. The highest concentration of the drug in the blood is noticeable after 1.5 - 2 hours after application. The action of the drug occurs over the next 6 hours.
Injections it is customary to make large-scale and small livestock medicines, as well as pigs. The drug is rapidly absorbed and is well absorbed in the body within an hour after its use. The effect of the drug lasts for one day. After this means out of the body of the animal in a natural way.
Enroksil: instructions for use
- The medicine has no special instructions, it is important to know at what age and at what dosage the drug should be used for treatment before applying it.
- Enroxil is usually taken as a pill as a pill for dogs and cats as an additive to feed. Cats can use the product from the age of 2 months, and dogs of small breeds from 1 year. For dogs of large breeds means allowed to use from 18 months.
- Enroxil is able to quickly and effectively cure chlamydia in cats and rickettsiosis in dogs. Also, the drug is prescribed to dogs and cats in the presence of diseases such as damage to the skin, and disruption of the urinary and digestive system, problems with the respiratory tract, otitis.
- The solution for internal use is usually prescribed by feathered. Used mainly for the treatment of inflammatory infections in various breeds of birds and broilers.
Before using the drug, you need to carefully study its instructions:
5% solution for injection it is customary to inject subcutaneously to sheep, goats and calves. The drug is injected intramuscularly in pigs and in piglets for three days once a day. The dosage of the drug is calculated in the ratio of 20 kg of animal weight per 1 ml of the drug. If the pet has salmonellosis, the treatment is carried out for five days. The dosage is 10 kg pet weight per 1 ml of the drug.
For dogs, injections are made in the subcutaneous form. The treatment time is about 5 days. The intake occurs once a day, and the dosage of the drug is 10 kg of 1 ml of the medicine. The solution for internal use is given to birds with water. In the presence of salmonellosis, treatment is carried out for five days, and for other diseases for three.
Chickens are treated with drugs with a dosage equal to 5 ml per 10 liters of pure water, to birds older than 28 days the drug is diluted in a ratio of 10 ml per 10 liters of drinking water. The concentration of the solution will be depend directly on the water needs of the bird. Dogs are given tablets in the calculation - 1 tablet per 3 kg of weight several times a day. The course of treatment takes 5 to 10 days. Both cats and dogs use this drug with their food.
Enroxil is considered to be an absolutely harmless drug, overdose symptoms were not detected in birds or pets.
Эффективность лекарства объясняется тем, что его компоненты борются с вредными микроорганизмами на клеточном уровне. Enroksil, due to its composition, is able to quickly be absorbed into the blood, but long excreted from the body, which allows it to fight the infection for a long time. It is an antibiotic and belongs to the group of fluoroquinols.
Available in several dosage forms.:
- tablets - dosage of 15, 50, 100 mg, suitable for dogs and cats. They are produced with the smell of meat, so animals are happy to take medicine,
- 5% powder, packing 1, 15 kg,
- 10% solution, packing - 100 ml, 1 l. Oral administration is excellent for birds,
- 5% solution for injection. Used for the treatment of cattle and other farm animals, as well as in severe conditions of domestic animals, if treatment with pills is not possible.
Enroksil is quickly absorbed and after 2 hours there is a concentration of the drug in the blood. Valid for 24 hours.
The composition of the drug
The main component of the drug is enrofloxacin. In addition, the composition includes some excipients:
- sodium gluconate,
- microcrystalline cellulose,
- water for injections,
- potassium hydroxide.
All components of Enroxil in veterinary treatment are completely safe.
Indications for appointment
The instructions for use Enroksil 10 prescribed indications for cats and dogs with infectious diseases of microplasma and bacterial origin. The drug is used to treat certain diseases and preventive measures.
- respiratory infection,
- infectious wounds,
- urinary tract problems
- GI pathologies,
- airway damage
- bacterial hepatitis,
- necrotic enteritis,
- campylobacter hepatitis,
- bacterial and enzootic pneumonia,
- atrophic rhinitis,
- chlamydia in cats,
- rickettsiosis in dogs.
This drug perfectly copes with the treatment of a wide range of diseases, while it is completely safe and harmless, but consultation of the doctor is still necessary.
Enroksil - instructions for use
In veterinary medicine, the use of the drug does not differ in its complexity. To use it, it is enough to know from what age the treatment can be prescribed to the animal and in what form.
Instructions for animal species:
- Cats - the drug can be given from 2 months of age, in the form of Enroxil 15 mg tablets. Dosage 1 tablet per 3 kg of cat weight. The course of treatment is 5−10 days, apply 2 times a day,
- Dogs - it is possible to prescribe medication to small breeds from 1 year old, large - from 18 months. Depending on the disease, the form of the drug is selected. If intramuscular injections are prescribed, the dosage should be 1 ml of solution per 10 kg of animal weight. Duration of treatment is 5 days, the injection is administered 1 time per day. Tablets for dogs are calculated on 3 kg of animal weight - the norm is 1 tablet. The course of treatment may be 5–10 days,
- Farm animals - sheep, kids, pigs and piglets, calves, the drug is injected subcutaneously. The course of treatment 3 days 1 time per day. The dosage in their case should be based on 20 kg of animal weight 1 ml of medication. When treating salmonellosis, a longer course of treatment will be at least 5 days; it is administered once a day. The dosage is calculated on 10 kg of 1 ml of the drug,
- Birds - administered orally with water. The course of treatment will be 3 days when taken 1 time a day, with salmonellosis, the treatment is extended to 5 days. The dosage for chickens in this case should be 5 ml of the drug 10 liters of water. For adult birds older than 28 days, the medicine is diluted in a dosage of 10 ml of the medicine per 10 ml of water. It should be prepared from the calculation of the drinking needs of birds at the moment. Poultry meat can be consumed no earlier than 11 days after treatment with Enroxil.
Pet tablets can be mixed with food. Breaks in the medication are unacceptable, treatment in this case will be ineffective. But if this happens, you should continue the treatment in the prescribed dosage, it can not be increased. It is permissible to divide the daily dose into several doses.
The drug should be stored in a dark place at a temperature of +5 +25 degrees. The shelf life of tablets - 2 years, solutions for injection - 3 years.
When using injection solutions, safety precautions and personal hygiene must be observed.
Used containers must be disposed of. It is categorically impossible to use empty containers for other purposes.
Other medications for infections
Enroksil - an effective remedy for animals, it has no analogs. But often other drugs are prescribed:
- Enroprim - has a broad spectrum antimicroplasma and antibacterial action. Used in the treatment of poultry. Assigned to poultry for preventive measures in a number of diseases. It is administered orally with water. Concentration in the blood of birds is observed after 1.5 hours. After oral administration of the drug, the concentration is retained in the body for 24 hours. It is an antibiotic.
- Tilodox is available as an oral powder. It is used to prevent gastrointestinal infections in animals and birds. The drug is soluble in water.
- Enrotim - 10% solution, applied orally. It has an effective antibacterial effect. Widely used in the treatment of domestic and farm animals.
- Enrobiosol - powder 5% and 10%. It can be packed in polymer cans or sealed bags. It has an effective substance enrofloxacin. It is used in the treatment and prevention of a wide range of diseases in animals and birds.
In addition to these drugs are used Entrocoli, Enrocoli and Enrocolistine, with similar antibacterial action.