The veterinary drug "Katozal" instructions characterizes as a tonic, providing a pronounced stimulating effect on various metabolic processes (fat, carbohydrate, protein). In addition, this drug increases the resistance of the animal, promotes its growth and development.
Features of the composition and release form
This complex means in the form of transparent sterile solution of pink color is made. The composition of the drug as active ingredients include cyanocobalamin, butofosfan and solbrol. Distilled water acts as an auxiliary ingredient. The medicine "Katozal" is produced (the instructions for it must be in each package) in glass bottles of one hundred milliliters.
Description of the pharmacological action
As for the action of this tonic, the phosphorus-containing compounds that are in its composition affect almost all assimilation processes occurring in the body. As a result of the use of this drug, there is a significant increase in the motor activity of organs with smooth muscles (bladder, uterus). In this case, the manufacturer emphasizes that a significant impact on the cardiovascular system is only in the case of multiple overdose.
In addition, when using a remedy such as Katozal (the instruction confirms), there are no adverse reactions often observed in animals as a result of the use of tonic and fortifying drugs (including motor agitation, rapid heartbeat, increased sweating).
List of indications for use
Veterinarians recommend using this drug as a solution that effectively stimulates the metabolism of cats, dogs and any other fur animals. For example, this tonic is quite often prescribed for disorders caused by a particular disease, poor feeding (one-sided or irrational) and content. For paresis and tetanic syndromes, the use of the medicine Katozal has also been shown to be used as an auxiliary drug during magnesium and calcium therapy. Instructions for use prescribes it to appoint and to increase the muscle activity of absolutely healthy animals of different ages, as well as an effective tonic for animals in a state of exhaustion and overstrain.
In addition, this drug is often used to eliminate metabolic disorders, accompanied by clinical symptoms, including nervous phenomena, a weakened state, loss of appetite, and emaciation. The list of indications for prescribing also includes: prevention of infertility, secondary anemia, exhaustion, overstrain, asthenia after an illness, helminthiasis, overwork after difficult births, treatment of infertility. During the metaphylactic therapy in order to increase the reproductive ability of the animal, it is recommended to use the catosal tonic preparation. The instruction advises to use it to stimulate the growth of pups of fur animals, as well as to prevent the development of any disorders in them.
Veterinary agent Katozal is a completely unique drug that has a complex mechanism of action. The basis of the drug laid a kind of formula. The active substances of Katozal are aimed at the activation of metabolic processes, as well as the formation of the biological resistance of the organism of pets. This increases the resistance of the immune system to the effects of numerous adverse factors. Separately, it is worth considering that among all Katozal's analogues, Butazal and Butozalvet are considered the most effective, but also have their own contraindications.
The composition of the drug and the release form
To date, the drug Katozal produces world famous company Bayer. The basis of this medicine is four active ingredients:
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B).
- Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate.
- Water for injections.
The high effectiveness of this tool is due to the unique formula of the drug, specialized equipment, as well as the fact that manufacturers constantly monitor the quality of Catosal. Due to these factors, a more stable therapeutic effect is achieved than from the use of similar agents.
In specialized veterinary pharmacies, you can purchase Katozal in a dark brown glass container, which is stored in paper packaging. Each jar contains 100 ml of medication. The active substance itself has a pink tint and uniform structure.
Indications for use
Statistics says that more and more owners of domestic and farm animals are choosing the drug Katozal. The instructions for use for animals indicated that this drug is used in the veterinary field as a tonic and stimulant. A balanced combination of all components and a unique formula of the composition allow this drug to be used in the treatment of many pathologies and ailments faced by domestic animals. Experts say that Katozal is considered an indispensable veterinary drug that can be used in several situations:
- Comprehensive or symptomatic therapy, which is aimed at combating infectious diseases (plague carnivorous, enteritis of viral origin, calcevirosis, panleukopenia, versicolor). In addition, the drug is often used to improve the general tone of animals, stimulate natural metabolic processes, increase nonspecific resistance to dangerous diseases, and also to support the liver.
- Routine prevention of the development of disorders of the mineral and vitamin balance in young animals, especially during the period of changing teeth and active growth. The instructions for use of Katozal for cats and dogs says that this group of pets can be given the first injection between the ages of 4 and 8 months.
- Combined therapy of impaired metabolism. This applies to skin diseases (for example: atopic dermatitis), rickets, low fertility, arrest of development, as well as those pathologies that are associated with improper feeding.
- Experienced veterinarians often prescribe Katozal in combination with other drugs, the action of which is aimed at combating the pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. In this case, normalization of the natural balance of potassium and phosphorus is noted, and metabolic processes are stimulated.
- Restoration of productivity and prevention of specific subclinical mastitis and ketosis in cattle.
- The drug helps to improve the condition of wool and skin (wool stops falling, acquires a characteristic luster). In addition, increases body tone and stress pets. It should be noted that these criteria are very important in the period when the animal is preparing for the exhibition.
- Egg production increases several times, growth and development of productive poultry is improved.
- In combination with other drugs, Katozal is often used to restore labor when the animal is preparing for childbirth. In addition, the drug can be used for the treatment of postpartum complications (for example: metritis, eclampsia, delayed afterbirth, endometritis).
- The active substances that make up this medicine help to improve the tone, as well as prevent metabolic processes in animals that are exposed to greater physical exertion (for example, sports horses before a race or after a competition).
The veterinary medicine Katozal often treats functional disorders, as well as chronic liver pathologies in domestic and farm animals, as well as birds (chickens, parrots). In addition, the injection of this tool is increasingly done by males in order to improve the quality of sperm. In the case of poultry, Katozal helps to increase egg production, shorten the molting period, and also prevent chaffing. Horses designate it in order to minimize the negative effects that may arise against the background of intense loads.
Katozal is prescribed to all groups of animals as a good growth promoter, as well as when young animals lag behind in development. Vetpreparat can be prescribed as an effective therapeutic agent to prevent postoperative and postpartum complications. In the case of domestic pigs, Katozal accelerates the process of gaining body weight, and also helps grow healthy and strong livestock.
Do not forget that the drug prevents cannibalism among the young.
Considering the fact that the veterinary preparation is distinguished by high safety, it does not have specific contraindications to use, and this is very important for every person who cares about the health of his pet. Animal health problems can arise only if there is an allergy or individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug Catosal. In the instructions for use for dogs and other animals there are no restrictions on the elderly pet.
But you need to be careful, as in the background of a weakened state chronic diseases can be manifested, including digestive problems and loss of appetite. In this case, moderate use of Katozal will only benefit the animal, since the components of the medicine will help keep the pet's body in good shape.
Qualified veterinarians note that there is a list of elementary contraindications to the use of this medication:
- Chronic urolithiasis.
- Any form of renal dysfunction.
- Hypercalcemia, hypervitaminosis.
- Use the drug is prohibited if the animal has a predisposition to the development of tumors of different nature.
Current treatment and prevention regimens
If the drug is used to treat complex pathological conditions in domestic animals and cattle, then it is necessary to periodically conduct a blood test for the presence of phosphorus and calcium. Be sure to take into account all contraindications. In addition, it is necessary to give Katozal injections with caution when the animal (especially the rabbit) is in a weakened state or has a protracted form of the ailment.
Treatment of dogs and cats
Every year the demand for Katozal for cats increases. The instructions for use of this drug indicated that dogs and cats can be injected injections only according to a certain scheme.
Dosage for cats:
- From 0.2 to 0.8 ml for small kittens whose weight is less than 1 kg.
- From 0.8 to 1.2 ml for a medium sized cat (up to 5 kg).
- From 1.4 to 2.7 ml for large cats (more than 6 kg).
Dosage for dogs:
- From 0.3 to 0.7 ml for puppies weighing less than 1 kg.
- From 1 to 2 ml for dogs weighing up to 25 kg.
- If the pet's weight is more than 25 kg, then the following dosage should be used: 1 ml for every 12 kg of weight.
Duration of treatment and prevention of various ailments:
- To normalize the metabolic processes, as well as to prepare for the exhibitions you need to enter one injection for 5 days in a row. Such a procedure should be carried out 2 times a year.
- Restoration of calcium-phosphorus balance in puppies and kittens, when teeth change occurs and the phase of active growth is noted, it is necessary to administer one injection for 7 consecutive days.
- For the complex stimulation of labor and the best milk formation, a single injection will be sufficient.
- When an animal experiences heavy physical exertion, the course of treatment is 5 days. Once a day you need to enter one injection. This procedure can be carried out 4 times a year.
- To improve the stress tolerance of the pet at the time of transportation, Katozal is administered once, 5 hours before the intended trip.
Routine prophylaxis for pigs
The universal preparation Katozal for pigs helps to solve several basic agricultural problems:
- Treatment of postpartum pathologies.
- Increased survival of offspring.
- Comprehensive treatment of infectious diseases.
- Increase weight gain in piglets.
The minimum dose of medication for a single pig is 2.5 ml. When a pig weighs more than 30 kg, use 1 ml for every 12 kg. In a year you can do no more than five injections.
Combating horse ailments
Veterinarians note that Katozal helps eliminate many diseases and infections that often affect horses:
- Prevention of postpartum complications in mares. In this case, experts recommend using 20 ml of the drug intramuscularly. Once a day you need to do 2 injections. The interval between procedures should be 7 days. To stimulate labor, 25 ml of the drug is administered once.
- For the prevention of complex metabolic disorders in large foals, up to 5 ml per foal is used. But for adult horses you need 25 ml of veterinary preparation. The course of treatment consists of five injections, which are injected intramuscularly once a day.
- When it is necessary to increase the general tone and improve the metabolic processes in the period of preparation for competitions, the dosage of the medicine can vary from 15 to 20 ml. Only need 3 injections that are administered intramuscularly once a day.
Professional rehabilitation of cattle
Catosal for cows is widely used in veterinary medicine for the following tasks:
- Improved productivity in domestic cows.
- Routine prevention of ketosis.
- The fight against postpartum pathologies, as well as the activation of labor.
- Increase weight gain among calves.
- Improved results after the use of sires.
- To stimulate labor, experts recommend administering the drug once in a dosage of 25 ml.
The average dosage for calves is 10 ml. For adult cows and bulls, this figure should be increased to 25 ml. Standard preventive measures are carried out once a year, one injection is given to the animal for 5 consecutive days.
The main purpose of this drug is to tone up the body and stimulate the metabolism. Normal protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism, which has a positive effect on the growth and development of animals. It is worth considering that organic phosphorus has a good effect on metabolic processes and is rapidly eliminated from the body. It is due to the natural impact that it is possible to avoid any adverse reactions.
In addition, the drug improves the reaction of smooth muscles (gallbladder, blood vessels, heart, urinary system). Normalized robot musculoskeletal system. Due to the fact that all metabolic processes are normalized in the body, the state of wool and skin is noticeably improved, and the appetite of domestic and farm animals increases.
Reviews on the use of the drug
In our home for several years now lives a large pedigree dog. Recently, he suffered severe diarrhea, which could not stop any known to us medicine. Friends advised to give our pet an injection of Katozal. The very next day all the signs of diarrhea were gone, the animal became vigorous and frisky. Now this drug is always at hand.
Always use this drug for small puppies and kittens. It helps pets to gain weight quickly, maintains a good appetite and activity. No adverse reactions have been identified. Thanks to Katozalu, animals always stay awake and are not subject to negative environmental effects.
We have been farming for many years - we grow piglets. Familiar veterinarian advised to use Katozal for the prevention of serious pathologies. Animals quickly gain weight, do not get sick and eventually give a good offspring. Very satisfied with this medicine.
Description and properties of veterinary preparation
Catosal belongs to modern animal stimulants.
The global objectives of this complex tool are:
- activation and reduction to the rate of metabolic processes,
- the formation of innate immunity (nonspecific resistance),
- strengthening the body's immunity to any negative factors
- fortifying effect, toning systems and organs.
Attention! Instructions for use claims that Katozal today has no analogues.
The composition of the drug include:
- butafosfan (in macrodose),
- methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate,
- fluid for injection.
In appearance, Katozal is a solution of a pale pink color. In most cases, it is administered by injection. Factory packing - glass bottles with a capacity of 100 ml. The bottles are sealed with rubber caps and metal clips.
Инструкция по применению рекомендует держать Катозал при низкой влажности, без попадания прямых солнечных лучей, вдали от кормов животных и еды человека. Оптимальная t от +5 до +22 °С. Срок хранения не зависит от даты вскрытия флакона и составляет 5 лет со дня производства. После истечения срока Катозал утилизируют.
Показания и противопоказания
The drug is prescribed to almost all types of agricultural animals, fur animals, birds, dogs and cats. Immunostimulating and tonic property of Katozal is due to its pinpoint effect on individual systems and organs. The purpose of the drug:
- Improvement of the liver.
- Acceleration of tissue healing (also with postpartum complications).
- The increase in weight gain and growth.
- Help in the accumulation in the body of magnesium and calcium.
Indications for use of veterinary drugs:
- poisoning, intoxication,
- weakening of immunity
- low-quality diet,
- improper metabolism
- excessive nervousness
- stressful situations of any nature
- infertility (treatment and prevention),
- poor quality of insemination in males,
- hypo-and avitaminosis,
- secondary anemia,
- dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, the endocrine system.
Council Katozal is used before exhibitions, competitions, transportation of animals, after heavy physical exertion. The bird is a complex drug useful during shedding, to prevent slander and increase egg productivity.
In the treatment of bacterial and other ailments, Katozal does not exclude or replace therapeutic agents. Often the complex is used as an assistant. Side effects of treatment and prevention according to the instructions for use laboratory experiments have not revealed. Katozal has no contraindications.
The basic therapeutic and prophylactic course of stimulant use is 4-5 days. The drug is administered to animals once a day under the skin, intramuscularly or intravenously (in a slow way). Katozal poultry is dissolved in drinking water. Dosage per individual:
- Cattle, horses (adults) - 10-25 ml,
- Cattle and horses (young) - 5-12 ml,
- pigs (adults) - 2.5-10 ml,
- pigs (young) - 1-2,5 ml,
- goats, sheep (adults) - 2.5-8 ml,
- goats, sheep (young) - 1.5-2.5 ml,
- cats, rabbits, fur animals - 0.5-2.5 ml,
- dogs - 0.5-5 ml,
- chickens, ducks, turkeys (adults) - a solution of 2-3 ml / l of drinking,
- young bird - 1-1.5 ml / l.
Repeated course instructions for use can be carried out no earlier than in 5-14 days. There are no restrictions for a person at Katozal. The use of meat for food purposes is allowed at any time after entering the medication. Instruction stimulating solution is clear and accessible. Veterinarians are allowed to use it without an appointment.
And how do you feel about the use of immunity stimulation in animals?