The ancient Samoyed tribe was always accompanied by strong and enduring animals. They guarded reindeer herds and helped hunt bears and walrus. These were Samoyed huskies, which we will talk about today.
A bit of history
Breed dogs Samoyed known to man for more than three thousand years. These beautiful and strong animals were indispensable helpers among the northern peoples - Laplanders, Nenets, who lived in northern Russia and in Siberia.
The samoyed dog breed, the photo of which you see in this article, has long lived with a man. These snow-white handsome participated practically in all polar expeditions, accompanied in distant campaigns. Today it is one of the rarest dogs in Russia.
Maintenance and care
These proud and independent animals are accustomed to living in nature. They will not be able to live in a cramped city apartment or a dog kennel. They need space and long walks, preferably with physical exertion.
Despite the luxurious fur coat, which distinguishes this breed of dogs, Samoyed is not afraid of heat, and has absolutely no specific smell. It is enough to regularly comb the animal's hair and wash the paws after the walk.
Once a year, Samoyed can be bathed using shampoo for white dogs for this purpose. This breed has a special coat that can self-clean.
Despite the fact that the dog is very active, it eats little. With proper and proper care, she lives up to 15 years.
Samoyed dog breed - price
Just want to warn you that to have such a pet is not a cheap pleasure. We say this so that you know that the price of 800 - 5000 rubles, which the merchants in bird markets call, should alert you.
The samoyed dog breed, the price of which varies depending on the puppy class, is conventionally divided into three categories:
- "Pat" -class is animals with minor deviations from the standard. Breeders often call them "dog for the soul." Price - 10-25 thousand rubles.
- "Breed" class. Such dogs are allowed to breeding. The price of puppies can vary from 25 to 35 thousand rubles.
- "Show" class. Samoyeds from titled parents, puppies with great exhibition potential. Price 35 - 60 thousand rubles.
Choosing a puppy
If you decide to purchase this snow-white miracle, then go to the nursery. You should immediately decide how you see your pet. Do you want him to become the champion of the ring, or do you need a companion, a pet? Your choice and, of course, price will depend on it. In any case, the dog must be pedigree - this is a guarantee of its psychological and physical health.
First of all, pay attention to how adult animals and babies are kept. The room should be clean, dry, and have no strong smell. After seeing the puppy's parents, you can imagine what your pet will become when it grows up.
Each conscientious breeder will provide you with all the necessary documents for the animal, talk about possible hereditary diseases. It is important to know about all vaccinations made by the puppy and what needs to be done in the near future.
Choose the most active and mobile kid who plays with passion with his fellows.
Focus on his looks. A healthy samoyed puppy should have a small head, small eyes, almond-shaped, wide and short muzzle.
This is a great breed of dogs - Samoyed. Photos, the price of puppies from the best breeders and other information are often published in canine reference books and illustrated editions. There you can read that this dog, like all rather large animals, requires training and training from an early age.
It must be based on patience, understanding and, most importantly, on the love of an animal. Breed Samoyed belongs to the category from which nothing can be achieved by the use of physical force. This is a proud animal with a sense of self-worth. Once you hit a dog, you insult it, and you can never establish a relationship with it.
Try to use in training laws that are common in the pack of dogs. For example, in a flock, the eldest is the first to eat, therefore you should eat yourself and then feed your pet. The eldest must be the first to enter the dwelling. Do the same. First you enter the house, and then Samoyed. Senior in the pack does not allow youngs to get confused under their feet. If your pet sprawled in the middle of the room and makes it difficult to pass, show him a more suitable place. You can punish your naughty baby as follows: lift him by the scruff, slightly shake him, and press him to the floor. It is not painful at all, but offensive to the animal. So he will understand what he did wrong.
The Samoyed dog breed is developing very fast. By four months, the puppy is able to execute all commands. This breed is especially sensitive to the praise of the host. In an effort to achieve a tender word, the dog is ready to "move mountains." Monotonous commands, countless repetitions will not give such a result as an interesting game for a puppy.
Samoyeds have excellent health, and this is explained by the fact that this animal belongs to the "primitive" group. In other words, there was almost no breeding work with them. Therefore, they were able to preserve natural properties - performance, endurance, activity. The only disease that can threaten the Samoyed is joint dysplasia. And, of course, in the absence of proper vaccination of your pet, infectious diseases may lie in wait.
If you like active and strong dogs, with whom you can run and play with plenty, if you are looking for an attentive and kind friend who will never show aggression, and besides, it will always look spectacular, then Samoyed, or the Arctic Spitz, as his called, created for you. The snow-white, sparkling hair in the sun, smart dark eyes, and the characteristic "smile" on dark lips - he is such a charming dog with a slightly strange name.
Characteristics of Samoyed Husky breed
Samoyed dog (Samoyed) - northern white breed, of medium height. Companion, shepherd, watchman and sled dog.
This snow-white handsome at first glance conquers the heart of man with beauty and elegance. This is a dog that smiles, because the corners of their lips are raised, which is very similar to a smile. They sing, they love people, they are always ready to help.
Dogs have a proud bearing, dignity and endurance, gentle nature and self-confidence. Samoyed dog is considered one of the oldest breeds and is closely related to the spitz.
In Siberia, at home, they are used in sledding for sleigh rides, they herd reindeer, and do an excellent job with the role of a live water bottle for a person on a harsh winter night. They are so nice to hug, and they feel as if their purpose, as if they freeze and lie quietly, giving warmth nearby.
Samoyed husky (samoyedstky dog) - the history of the breed
In the photo the Samoyed dog in red tulips
The Samoyed Arctic dog, accompanying the ancient tribes of the Samoyeds who lived in northern Russia and Siberia, in their nomadic life, helped them survive in a harsh climate. The tribes used it as a sled and guard dog, for hunting walruses and bears. As babysitters for children, they always warmed their babies in the cold nights.
The name of the dog could be obtained from the fact that, being harnessed to the team, she was riding in the snow, and she was not visible (the white wool was dissolved in the snow), the sledge seemed to be riding on its own, hence the name.
There is a version that in 1889, the British zoologist Ernst Kilbrun Scott from his expedition brought a brown puppy named Dog to England. From the following trips, he brings a cream-colored bitch named Whiteley Pechora (White Pechora) and a white dog named Maste. In 1909, the first breed standard was recorded in England.
There is also an erroneous version of the appearance of the Samoyed Laika at the end of the XIX century in Great Britain. The famous explorer Robert Scott, who reached the South Pole, used a husky to transport heavy loads over long distances, and thus attracted attention to this amazing breed.
But with any version of modern samoyed comes from different individuals imported to England. Dog breeders appreciate the quality of Samoyed huskies, and today it is very popular in many countries.
Description of the Samoyed dog breed and the standard of the IFF (FCI)
Head of a samoyed dog: large, wedge-shaped. The front and side view of the skull is slightly convex, wide in the area between the ears.
Nose: black, nostrils wide, open. At different times of the year, the color of the nose changes, as if discolored, the "snow" color, a dark border must be present.
Muzzle: strong, deep, the same length as the skull, gently tapers to the nose. The lips are black, fleshy, tight. The corners of the mouth are slightly bent, forming a "Samoyed smile."
Jaws: strong and strong, regular scissor bite.
Photo Samoyed - stand in profile
Eyes: almond-shaped, slanted, dark brown, with a black contour. Widely set and deep set. The expression of the eyes is kind and intelligent.
Ears: small, erect, thick, triangular in shape, rounded at the ends. Set high.
Neck: Medium length, proudly curved.
Samoyed husky body: slightly longer than the height at the withers, strong, flexible, compact.
Tail: set high. When moving, it is held cast on its back or on its side. In a calm state it is lowered down, reaching hock joints, it is plentifully trimmed.
Were limbs: direct, strong and muscular.
HINDQUARTERS: Straight, parallel with strong musculature. Between the fingers grows protective coat.
Allure: free and tireless. With a direct stretch of the front paws, and a powerful push back.
Wool: husky thick, soft, shiny. It is dense, does not cause allergies, self-cleaning, almost odorless. In the cold can "fluff". The stronger the frost - the more noticeable the dog "fluffs up" on the street.
Samoyed has a double coat: long, heavy, flexible, non-curly guard hair with a short, soft and thick undercoat.
Around the neck and shoulders, forms a "collar", it is more noticeable in males. The cover is short and even on the head.
On the outside of the ear, it is short, growing vertically to the ear. The inner surface of the ear is well pubescent. The coat on the thigh resembles “pants”.
Wool bitches shorter and softer than males.
Samoyed Soabka baby photo on a turquoise bedspread
Coloring Samoyed husky:
- White with fawn marks
White color with an imperceptible amount of biscuit marks should prevail. There should be no presence of pale brown.
Samoyed (like) character
By the nature of the Samoyed intelligent, friendly, intelligent, affectionate and loyal dog.
Feels great mood of the owner, can just quietly sit next to, if you are tired. But if the owner has a playful mood, the dog is always ready for the game and pranks.
It has a balanced psyche, suitable for families with children.
They love children and their company, play and frolic with them all day. Serves for them as a good nurse and toy at the same time. Too small children should not be left alone with a dog for a long time, because of the size and playful temperament. He simply can not calculate the forces in the game and bring down the child on the floor. But he will never intentionally bite anyone.
The dog gets along well with cats and pets with which it grows. But on foreign cats, often hunt.
Not at all suitable as a security guard. Has a complete lack of aggression and distrust of strangers.
In the photo, a white Samoyed dog poses for the camera.
She does not bark, does not bite, does not rush on people. But he is a good caretaker, feels his territory perfectly.
They do not like to stay at home alone, they do not live separately from the person, it does not matter whether it is an apartment or a country house. Samoyed is a bright representative of the school breed, which are used to live in the family - the pack and be part of it.
Get along well in any conditions, do not take up much space in the house, but need regular walking and active walks.
In hot climates samoyed husk overheats, which is very dangerous for their health. They need access to fresh cool air and plenty of water to drink.
Easy to train, they are intelligent and intelligent, but you should start from an early age. Well perceive persistent and patient training.
Great for agility and skijoring (riding, in which the skier-racer moves free style in the skiing distance with one or more dogs).
Samoyed Like - care and maintenance
Wool: thick, snow-white with a dense undercoat, almost odorless, sheds. Shedding seasonal, strong. Many breeders do not throw it away, but collect, weave threads from it and knit warm products.
It is enough to comb 1 - 2 times a week, with a pukhoderka or a metal comb with long and round teeth.
The molting period lasts 2-3 weeks 1 time per year in males and 2 times in females, will have to be combed daily. But if you live in an apartment with warm, dry air, the molt will be constant and you will have to comb and vacuum the house more often.
In the photo samoyed husky playing with a ball of red thread
Bathing: Samoyed has a self-cleaning coat, you rarely need bathing or if necessary. For example, a dog is always bathed before an exhibition, or once in 1 - 2 months. She is characterized by cleanliness and accuracy. Too frequent washing makes the skin dull, washing away the natural fats, the skin to peel off and turn red.
For bathing sammies use whitening and super cleansing shampoos for dogs with white wool. Always use conditioner, or a mask for wool, so you protect your hair from the harmful effects of shampoo.
Eyes: in a healthy Samoyed, they are shiny, without souring and without tears. Once a week for the prevention of souring, you can wipe with a damp soft cloth dipped in a weak tea brew.
Ears: check regularly for large amounts of sulfur or an unpleasant odor. Once a week, wipe the inside of the auricle with a damp cotton pad dipped in warm water.
Claws and paws: after a walk, wipe with a damp cloth, look for cuts and injuries. With an active lifestyle, claws should be erased, but you still have to cut them. Be sure to teach the dog to this procedure from an early age, otherwise it will not be easy for an adult Samoyed to cut the claws.
1 time in 2 months cut the claws with a claw cutter for medium breeds, always remember the fifth dewclaw. Sharp ends need to be smoothed with a nail file. Wool between the pads must be cut off.
Samoyed photo on the snow
To go for a walk: you will have with Samoyed a lot and often, at least 2 times a day. Like and active temperamental, likes to be in the spotlight. Choose places for walking where you can train your dog, run, teach simple commands.
Food Samoyed Laika (Samoyed)
There are two types of feeding, dry prepared food or natural food. What kind of food is best for your dog, you can check with the veterinarian, after consulting about the state of health.
Many experts recommend feeding the Samoyed Husky with ready-made, premium-class feed, in any case not to mix them with natural food. They contain all the necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals for development and health.
When choosing a natural food, follow simple rules, and your dog will be healthy and active.
- Feed always fresh food at room temperature.
- Provide constant access to water
- One serving should be eaten
- Food that remained, hide in the refrigerator until the next feeding.
- In this case, the next batch is doing less.
- Provide the husky with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Never give prohibited foods
- Raw meat is always boiled with boiling water, or boiled in a small amount of water, 5-10 minutes of boiling.
- Cook porridge in low-fat, meat broth
- Feed the Samoyed only after a walk, in 15-20 minutes
- Frozen fish or fillets, 1 - 3 times a month (remove from the freezer, hold for 10 - 20 minutes at room temperature, divide into portions 300-400 grams)
- Bones from the pressed veins (it is possible only from 5-6 months)
- Having noticed that sammies eat excrement, do not be alarmed, buy unpeeled scar, divide into portions, let's gnaw 1-2 times a week (for 1 2 months)
- Veterinarians recommend the use of naturalka when growing sammies, up to 6-9 months.
Huskies lined up for a photo shoot
Prohibited products for Samoyed:
- Chicken tubular bones
- Raw eggs
- Bakery products
- Smoked meat
- Pork and fatty meat
- Carbonated drinks
- Fresh Veal
- River fish
Recommended products for Samoyed:
- Говядина (огузок, бульонные части, край, легкие, сердце)
- Говяжий фарш маленьким щенкам
- Курица, индейка, кролик
- Рыба морская (можно в сыром виде, нежирную, не костлявую)
- Каши (рисовая, гречка, смешивать можно 1:2, отваренную на бульоне)
- Кисломолочные продукты (кефир, нежирный творог, простокваша, ряженка)
- Козье молоко и творог (очень полезные для щеночков)
- Сезонные овощи и фрукты
Attention: to introduce vegetables and fruits one new product per day, to closely monitor the reaction of the body, in order to avoid allergies!
Samoyed husky (dog) training
Samoyed needs training and education from an early age. You must show patience, understanding, and most importantly, never use physical force.
Set the rules for the husky from the first minute, as soon as the puppy gets to your home, he should know what is possible and what cannot be done.
If you don’t want an adult dog to get on the bed, don’t let the puppy sleep with you, no matter how much he asks, he should know his place.
Samoyed husky is very sensitive to the intonation of the host's voice, so do not scold him much, if he is guilty, say sharply "Fu" and lightly slap his face, never hit, the dog should not feel pain.
Be sure to teach the puppy to the teams "To me", he must come to you at home or on the street.
The command "Fu" - the owner forbids, the samoyed should move away or throw the object of interest.
When you perform a team, always praise it, treat it with a treat. Teach the dog not even to approach the road, many die under the wheels of cars. But in any case, it is not worth samoyed with a leash on a walk in the city.
To maintain good physical and mental health, she likes to play a lot, run in the fresh air, live surrounded by a loving family, feel the need.
Samoyed is a sled dog, in the winter it can be harnessed to a sled, let him ride the kids.
In the first year of his life, he pranks his pranks and pranks him; he becomes adults only by 3 years. But with the right upbringing, he grows up an intelligent and reliable friend.
Samoyed husky can not be kept on the chain, they can not stand it, start to hurt and wither.
You will choose a place in the house in a secluded corner, so that it doesn’t bother you when you sleep, it shouldn’t be in a draft or a battery.
By 5 months, when the ride begins, he is obliged to know the Sit, Lie and Ko Commands.
Teaching your kid, praise and encourage delicacy:
- Boiled beef liver or lungs (cut into 1x1 cm slices, lightly dry in the oven to the state of crackers)
- Boiled chicken hearts (finely chopped)
- Lamb stomachs (finely chopped)
Choosing a puppy Samoyed husky
Wanting to buy a Samoyed, pay attention to several factors:
- Pay attention to the conditions of detention
- The room should be clean, warm, well ventilated, without an unpleasant smell.
- Ask for parents to show.
- Be sure to ask the pedigree breeder
- Learn about hereditary diseases
- Choose a moving and active puppy
- A purebred samoyed has a small head, small almond-shaped eyes, a short and wide muzzle. The ears are small, triangular, widely spaced. Wool is clean, shiny without dandruff.
- Do not forget to take the documents, veterinary passport.
- Find out about all vaccinations at the time of purchase.
History breed samoyed dogs
Readers are interested in what makes the Samoyed dog interesting, why was it called so innocent and such an attractive dog? Samoyed dog got its name from a group of small peoples of the Far North of Russia. For the first time the Samoyed dog was used by the peoples of the Samoyedic group as a companion. Among the Enets, Nenets and other peoples of the Samoyed religious group, dogs could not be used as sled dogs. But some tribes inhabiting the New Land used the breed in sledding. The second variant of the origin of the name is associated with the snow-white color of the dog. The dog harnessed to the sleigh, merges with the snow-white snow and it seems that the sleigh ride itself. Hence the name - Samoyed.
The breed is similar in appearance to a white polar wolf and it is believed that the dog originated from a domesticated wild beast. In the nomadic tribes, the dog played the role of a shepherd for deer, helped to nurse with small children, and during the polar nights warmed the owner. The Samoyeds have a well-developed fading instinct. If you hug a dog, it will try not to move, so as not to disturb the sleep of the person.
For the first time the exterior of the dog was registered in 1959. Breed attributed to the sled.
Features samoyed huskies
Samoyed dog is elegant and confident. The dog loves to bark and is considered one of the most "talkative" breeds. Under a soft and thick snow-white coat lies a developed dog, medium in size with good muscles and excellent endurance. In this case, the dog has a mild temperament and adores its owner.
Unusual muzzle is remembered by his smile. The corners of the mouth of the dog slightly raised up, and his eyes have a sly squint.
Samoyed Spitz can have a different head structure. On this basis, the breed is divided into three types:
- Bearish type. The head is more round, the ears are small, rounded, the muzzle is short.
- Fox type The head is light with a sharp and long muzzle, as in Spitz. Ears sharp, set high.
- Wolf type. The skull is powerful, but the muzzle is more elongated than that of the bear type.
A dog of any type has a docile temperament and a developed intellect. Samoyed husky will become a true friend for a person of any age.
Breed standard (appearance)
There is a single standard under which the description of the breed should fit:
- Telebuilding Chunky body with developed bones, medium size.
- Back. Straight, not long, rather narrow, a little more than height at withers. Shoulder joints well defined.
- Paws. Straight, long, widely spaced. During the rack parallel to each other. The hind legs have a developed hock joint, muscular.
- Neck. Slightly curved in front, medium size, not thin.
- Head. Wedge-shaped, with a powerful skull.
- Forehead. Wide, slightly rounded.
- Muzzle. Deep-set, has a strong structure. The length of the muzzle corresponds to the width of the skull. To the nose tapers slightly. Rejected dogs with square and blunt muzzle.
- Nose. The back of the nose is straight, the lobe with well developed nostrils. It has a black color. In adult dogs, it can fade and turn into a "snowy nose", but the edging should still go into blackness.
- Lips. Fleshy, have a small fullness. The corners of the lips slightly rise up. Lips always have black color.
- Bite. The right one is scissor. The teeth are well developed, the grip is strong.
- Ears. Thick and small, standing. They have a triangular shape, the tips are slightly rounded. Because of the broad head, the ears are spaced far apart, but high on the top of the skull. Feature Samoyeds - moving ears.
- Eyes. Almond-shaped, with a clever expression. Set wide apart, planted deep. They have a dark brown color, eye rims are always black.
- Tail. Fluffy, high ranking. When moving or in the excited state, the tail is thrown up or on its side, in a calm state it is lowered.
- Wool cover. Double short and soft undercoat, thick and long awn. A longer coat forms a chic collar around the dog's neck and completely dresses the tail. Shorter fur on the paws and head of the Samoyed. On the back of the hock is thick and long pants. It is not coarse, but soft and pliable. When frost wool becomes more fluffy.
- Color Only white or with small portions of biscuit or cream. Puppies are rejected, the color of which goes to light sand or brown.
- Height at withers in males from 53 to 60 cm, in females from 53 to 56 cm. Deviation from the norm of 3 cm downwards is allowed.
- Weight from 17 to 30 kg. Females are always smaller dogs in all respects.
The average life expectancy of 10 to 15 years. How much a dog will live depends on how it is kept and how it feeds.
The nature of the samoyed
The characteristic of the breed is similar to the description of any sled breed: Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute. The capricious Samoyed has the following character traits:
- One of the most fun sled dogs. Just like the spitz likes to play with a ball and in any active games.
- A friendly dog will not rush to strangers and will gladly give himself a stroke.
- The dog is tied to the owner, but from time to time it demonstrates its independence by escaping from the house or while walking, vagrancy in the blood.
- Fluffy Northern husky is easily trained and suitable for a novice breeder. But from time to time the dog shows stubbornness, so during the trainings the owner must be patient.
- Playfulness saves up to old age.
- Well perceives other animals in the house, with cats and small dogs quickly become close friends, considering them to be their flock.
- The dog loves children, knowingly the nomadic people left the dog as a nanny near the cradle. The pet is neat with a small child and will be motionless while the baby is sleeping.
- Attentive breed and suitable for people in old age as a companion. Pet monitors the behavior of the owner and responds to mood changes in humans.
- The dog responds adequately to noise, claps and other unexpected stimuli, suitable as a guide for a blind person.
From the minuses stands out good-natured behavior of the dog. Samoyed will never become a guard or bodyguard. Breed, like any riding one does not know how to show aggression towards a person.
Care and maintenance
You can keep in the apartment, but the dog needs everyday walking and sports training. Better to keep in an open-air cage or in a private house with an open lawn or backyard. Not suitable content on the chain.
How to care for a pet with such a fluffy coat? It is recommended once a day to comb a dog with a special stiff brush. During molting, the undercoat is removed with a metal comb.
Once a year and before the show the dog is washed with a special unraveling shampoo. But soft and thick wool dries out for a long time. Therefore, after the procedure, it is dried with a hairdryer.
After each walk, you must inspect the paws of your pet. Samoyed loves to run and is curious, so often cuts pads. The damaged area is treated with hydrogen peroxide and smeared with fucorcin.
The dog is not afraid of drafts and low temperatures. Wool cover is better for animals that are kept outside. But the aviary should be fairly reliable, the dog makes the digging and easily jumps over high fences.
Samoyeds are not artificially bred and have high immunity. But before the year the puppy necessarily vaccinates against viral diseases: plague, enteritis, parainfluenza, hepatitis. By the year the active dog is vaccinated against rabies.
Samoyed has a predisposition to the following pathologies:
- Eye diseases: cataract, retinal atrophy. Diseases develop on the background of non-treated conjunctivitis, appear in aged dogs. As a preventive measure, the eyes are treated once a week with an antiseptic or chamomile extract, and dirt and mucus are removed.
- Endocrine diseases: diabetes mellitus, hypothyroidism. Most often develop in dogs on natural food.
- Renal tissue dysplasia. Congenital pathology.
- Joint dysplasia is more common than in other breeds of the Far North. In the mild form of the disease almost does not manifest itself, the dog has slight lameness.
Before buying a puppy, it is worth wondering what pathologies the parents of the pet, his grandparents were ill with. If the parents had excellent health, but the grandmother manifested dysplasia of the joint, the disease may well go to your dog.
Samoyed dog training
It is easy to train, puppy up to a year can be taught the most difficult tricks and commands. Independently, the host can teach how to execute commands: sit, fu, come to me, walk.
After three months, Samoyed recorded on courses early. Under the guidance of an experienced instructor, the dog will learn to walk side by side, lie down and stand, will execute commands given by signs. It is important to combine training with sports activities. Riding breed needs to make a daily run, and the track with obstacles will cause the pet only joy. A light dog jumps over the highest barriers and keeps balance on a log well.
If the puppy starts to stubborn, do not insist on the execution of the command. Punishments also do not bring the desired result. It is better not to insist and change the training walk-rest or playing ball. After some time, you must return to training.
Samoyeds, as well as other sled dogs, are not allowed to the protective and guard course of training. A dog of this breed will not learn the guard qualities.
The good condition of the coat and the physical activity of the dog depend on the correct diet. Easier to feed with specialized foods: ABBA Premium Adult, ProNature Classic, Perfect Fit, Monge Dog Medium.
Natural feeding is more problematic, as not all products are suitable. What to feed a pet - the choice of the owner.
The diet on natural food consists of the following products:
- meat and offal of low-fat varieties,
- dairy products: kefir, cottage cheese,
- cereals: buckwheat, rice, corn, rolled oats,
- vegetables, any except potatoes and onions,
- fruits and berries.
It is forbidden to give the dog confectionery, pastries made from wheat flour, smoking and salting, semi-finished products.
- Puppies are separated from mother's milk in 1-1.5 months.
- Up to 2 months the puppy's diet consists of liquid porridge on the milk mixture and a small amount of fermented milk products. Feed your puppy every 3–4 hours.
- From 3 months to 4, cereals in broth and a small amount of lean meat are added to the ration. The number of feedings is reduced to four.
- From 4 to 6 months the dog is transferred to three meals a day. Vegetables and fruits, cartilage and offal are gradually added to the diet.
- From 6 to 8 months the puppy is transferred to two meals. An adult dog is fed in the morning and in the evening.
Vitamins are added to the dog's diet on natural food.
- In 1 Excel Deter,
- Beaphar Laveta Super,
- Dr. Zoo,
- Polidex Super wool plus,
- Beaphar Vitamine B Complex.
In the photo the samoyed is of standard white color, with fluffy and thick hair.
The photo was able to capture the traditional "Samoyed smile", which makes the expression of the dog's muzzle even more intelligent and likable.
Puppies are more like plush toys.
Olga: “Samoyed is so good-natured and loves children, that it’s not scary to leave a baby with him who has just started walking. The dog will play with the child and not harm him even by chance. ”
Alexey: “The dogs are clever and clever. Pets are able to get out of any aviary and love to walk on their own, which is to beware. Long walks without a leash will help prevent sprouts. ”
Oksana: “A smarter samoyed husky breed simply does not exist. The dog is easily trained and suitable for show programs. A charming appearance with a “Samoyed smile” will not leave indifferent any viewers. ”
Samoyeds do not belong to cheap breeds. How much a puppy costs depends on its pedigree. From titled parents, puppies are 50–60% more expensive. You can buy a puppy from a pedigree in one of the nurseries. Price in Ukraine from 7 800 UAH., In Russia from 17 000 p. The maintenance of a puppy and grooming a month will require at least 1,500 r. or 750 UAH.
Information about the origin of the breed
Samoyed Laika is a dog that accompanied the Samoyed tribes living in Siberia and in northern Russia. Nomads used huskies as guard, hunting and sled dogs. They even served as nannies, warming the babies with their bodies in harsh climatic conditions.
According to the existing legend, a Samoyed dog is a white wolf tamed by nomads. The tamed predator got its name thanks to the snow-white color. When the dog was carrying a sledge, it seemed from the outside that they were moving independently on white snow. According to another version, the dog was named after the Nenets people of the Samoyeds.
Dogs of this breed lived next to the owners, slept with them, warming them with their own body. In 1889, the UK zoologist EK Scott lived for three months in the Samoyed tribe and met the likes there.
From the expedition, he brought with him a couple of representatives of the breed and began work on breeding. In the country, he created the nursery "Farmingham" and the Samoyed Laika fan club, which opened in 1909. At the same time, the first breed standard was adopted. The description of the Samoyed husky has not changed since that time.
Description of appearance and breed standard, photos
Samoyed has a spectacular appearance. The dog has a harmonious silhouette, luxurious wool, a cute face decorated with a sincere smile and deep, wise eyes. The size of an adult dog is males from 51 to 56 centimeters in height, bitches 46-51 centimeters, weight from 20 to 30 kg.
- The bear - short back, down body, broad, large-sized head.
- Wolf - lean build, medium-sized chest, wedge-shaped, slightly elongated head.
Breed samoyed husky has the following standards:
- Head powerful with a wide, flat skull. The muzzle is elongated, gradually tapering towards the end. The lips are even. With raised corners, which creates the impression of a smile.
- Nose black, brown or maroon.
- Eyes oblique, almond-shaped, brown tones of varying intensity.
- Ears dense, medium length, moderately with rounded tips. They are set wide, completely erect, covered with wool.
- Bite scissor. Jaws are powerful.
- Body medium length, muscular. The back is straight, wide. The ribs are convex, deep.
- Neck средней длины, изогнутая, сильная.
- Limbs прямо поставленные, мускулистые, средней длины. Плечи правильно расположенные. Лопатки наклонные, крепкие. Бёдра широкие, мускулистые. Лапы овальные. Пальцы сводистые, слегка согнутые.
- Круп слегка наклонный, широкий.
- Tail high set, medium length.
To the disqualifying faults include blue eyes, hanging ears, aggression.
- Light bones.
- Lack of sexual dimorphism.
- Eyes are yellow.
- Convex, barrel chest.
- Wrong set of limbs.
- Pincer bite.
- Unpigmented lips.
- Blue eye color or different eyes.
- Snack or overshot.
- Hanging ears.
- Cowardice, aggressiveness.
Wool and color breed
Samoyed has a double wool coat, consisting of short soft, thick undercoat and long, hard, straight guard coat. The neck of the dog is complemented by a collar around the shoulders and neck. Males have a particularly rich collar.
The coat is short on the head, forelegs, body. Ears are covered with upright hairs, the inner surface is well pubescent. On the hind legs, the fur forms "pants." Tail abundantly pubescent.
Colors Samoyed husky:
- White with shades of biscuit.
The presence of brown shades in the standard is not allowed.
Characteristic dog samoyed
The character of the Samoyed Laika breed is distinguished by unsurpassed friendliness and the ability to find a common language literally with all family members. High intelligence and appeasability make the breed the perfect pet.
Samoyed is a very sociable, active and friendly dog.
Samoyed husky gets along well with children, participates in noisy games and even tolerates their intrusiveness. Samoyeds do not have a hunting instinct, so they get along well with any animals in the house.
Upbringing and training
The dog has a sufficiently high intelligence, and therefore is able to make independent decisions in many situations. Incredible ingenuity makes the process of husky training quite simple, since she is able to master many commands literally from the first time. If you carry out the process of training in the form of a game, the learning process is fast.
It is necessary to behave with a dog as with a partner, then her behavior will be the most appropriate. If you try to suppress the will of the pet, do not give to show initiative, Samoyed will show its independence and stubbornness. Quickly tired of this dog and monotonous, monotonous repetition of the same team. The dog must be carried away, then the process of training will be successful.
IMPORTANT. It is impossible to beat a dog with a leash for disobedience, since in the future it will perceive this object from the negative side and refuse to go for a walk. For strong disobedience, you can rarely slap a dog with a whip.
Skills of behavior of the Samoyed husky need to be fixed by special education. The method of coercion to execute commands and reward for obedience allows you to quickly make the dog completely manageable.
It is necessary to behave with a dog as with a partner, then her behavior will be the most appropriate.
You can not dismiss the puppy disobedience, as he will feel condescension and will show self-will systematically. Therefore, in the education of likes can not do without punishment.
An effective way to punish or stop wrong actions is to scrape the withers. If the pet behaves incorrectly, it should be lifted by the withers, shaken and pressed to the floor. This action will not hurt the pet, but he will understand that the owner does not like his actions.
But any punishment of a Samoyed should be extremely fair. If the dog is punished just to show his superiority, he will be offended and begin to show his own character.
Education Samoyeds husky is carried out on the principle of animal behavior in a wolf pack.
The owner is the leader, which means that the dog must learn the rules:
- There is only after him.
- To enter the house after the owner and with his permission.
- To know a certain place for her and not to be confused under your feet.
The puppy should learn all these rules from the age of 2.5 months. If the dog is used as a guard, it must be trained to command a voice. But the guard qualities are not characteristic of the characteristics of the Samoyed Laika, therefore this type of training is not necessary for her.
Keep a dog and care for her
Samoyed is a schooling breed, so experts advise starting several pets at home. This will make the likes active and will give the opportunity to show better working qualities. With proper physical activity during long active walks, you can keep this breed in a city apartment.
The dog needs frequent walks and communication with the owner. If a husky is kept alone in an apartment, she will become depressed and begin to behave destructively (as a protest, the dog may begin to foul in the apartment and chew on things). Despite being independent, this dog cannot do without daily contact with people.
During walks with the dog, they conduct active games and give it another physical exercise. In the city, a dog is being walked on a long leash or tape measure. A short leash is necessary for the dog to go to the vet, it is not suitable for walking, as it hampers the movement of the pet.
Samoyed husky is a rideable breed, so you can harness it into a sled or sled.
Samoyed is a rideable breed, so it can be harnessed or tied with a special device to a skier, and she will be happy to fulfill the role of a force. You can teach a dog to carry special dog bags with purchases from the store. For a dog, it will be a great entertainment and the ability to maintain the body in proper physical shape.
IMPORTANT. In the summer for walking it is better to choose early morning or late evening so that the dog does not overheat in the sun.
Samoyed husky in the apartment should have a place to sleep, not necessarily warm, to prevent overheating of the animal. Next to the place to sleep you need to place dog toys. For feeding it is recommended to purchase a special stand with a bowl.
Keeping a Samoyed on the street in a private house
The optimal conditions for the maintenance of Samoyeds Laika - a country house with a large plot. But the dog should not be put on a chain as a guard. The courtyard for her is a place for independent walks, and not an object of protection of the territory.
The height of the fence to prevent jumping should be at least 120 cm. A dog can sleep in a booth, even in severe frost, since the wool of this Arctic breed reliably protects the body from any cold. At the same time, this breed should not live permanently on the street, far from the owners. The dog must be able to enter the house and communicate with the owner and family members.
Samoyed husky has a very thick coat, so this dog can live on the street all year round, even in extreme cold.
While walking around the yard, the dog will dig the ground, drive any objects found. A great passion for digging holes in the Samoyeds appears in the heat when they turn over the top layer of soil to cool it. In hot weather, you can set up a bath or pool in the yard so that the dog would splash in it and cool its body.
Basic dog care rules
Keeping and caring for a dog consists of traditional procedures:
- Combing wool once a week, and during a molt every other day. The procedure is carried out using a special pouhodorki. It is often not necessary to bathe a husky, because its wool is capable of self-cleaning and is protected from contamination by fatty coating. It is enough to refresh the coat of the pet 3-4 times a year using a special shampoo. Pet's paws are washed after walking.
- Ears and eyes dogs wipe with a damp cotton pad once or twice a week. Excess wool from the auricle can be cut out.
- Teeth cleaning Dog needed once a week. In order to avoid the formation of tartar, the Samoyed husky can be treated with raw vegetables, special bones from the pet store and meat cartilage.
Each owner can take the decision on how to feed a Samoyed Laika independently, after consulting with a puppy breeder and a veterinarian. If the dry food option is chosen, it is worth buying super premium brands or holistic brands with high protein content.
As the main diet of the Samoyed you can use super premium or holistic feeds.
Eukanuba, EaglePack, Innova, Solid Gold brands contain exclusively natural ingredients and will provide the dog with all the necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Samoyed Natural Nutrition
The natural diet of the Samoyed husky should include foods:
- Meat - 30% (beef, turkey, chicken).
- Porridge based on cereals (rice + buckwheat in a ratio of 2 to 1).
- Fermented milk products (kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt, ryazhenka).
- Sea fish - once or twice a week instead of meat.
It is permissible to include in the diet of vegetables and fruits. They can be included in the menu in addition to the main diet, enter one type, tracking the reaction of the body.
Prohibited to use:
- Pork, lamb, paired veal.
- Beet, potatoes.
- Salt, sugar, chocolate.
- Flour, white bread.
It is not advisable to include in the menu:
- Cow's milk.
Dog meat is given in scalded or slightly boiled form. Porridge boiled on water or meat broth. Before use, fish are frozen at low temperatures for at least 2-3 days.
It is recommended to feed the dog after walking 15-20 minutes at the same time. Puppies are fed 4-5 times a day. Starting from 4-5 months go to three meals a day. An adult dog takes food twice a day.
IMPORTANT. A puppy up to 6 months is very useful to give goat's milk and cottage cheese.
Samoyed husky is a hardy and healthy dog.
Among the characteristic ailments are:
- Infection of the genitourinary system.
- Hip dysplasia.
- Some individuals show sensitivity to analgesics, congenital deafness and eye diseases.
Samoyeds live 10-15 years.
Samoyeds can suffer from diabetes, diseases of the genitourinary system, some dogs are deaf.
Advantages and disadvantages of the breed
The undoubted advantages of the breed are:
- High intelligence.
- The lack of smell of dog.
- Self-cleaning wool.
- Friendly nature, livable with other pets.
The disadvantages of the breed are the need to organize long walks and abundant dropping of wool during shedding.
Puppy selection rules
Before choosing a Samoyed puppy, you need to decide on goals:
- A dog for riding sports should not be too massive in body size in order to have maneuverability and ease of movement.
- To participate in exhibitions you need a puppy of a completely appropriate exterior breed. It is better to postpone the purchase of such a pet to 6-8 months, when all the external features of the breed appear.
- If the dog is acquired solely as a pet, you need to choose a puppy that will please him. A cheerful, lively puppy, responsive to affection is ideal for a family.
General rules of choice:
- Thick, shiny coat.
- Fatness, activity.
- Clear eyes.
- Clean ears.
- Wool and skin around the anus should be clean, without signs of indigestion or infection with worms.
- Male dogs must have two full-fledged testes.
- Puppy movements must be correct, free.
- Moscow - at a price of $ 800 (http://www.samoedik.ru/index.php/ru/, http://www.samoyed-dog.ru/, http://dorianspring.ru/).
- St. Petersburg - $ 500 (http://serenadasamoed.ru/, http://supersamoyed.com/, http://samoed-yakut.ru/).
- Ekaterinburg - priced from $ 600 (http://www.sammy-dog.ru/, http://samoedi-ekb.ru/, http://rifei1.ru/).
There are two types of breed - it is bear and wolf Samoyed. They are slightly different in structure. The bear type has a more powerful and shorter body, as well as a wide skull. Wolf - on the contrary elongated body and a narrow skull.
General description and characteristics of the breed
Males reach the height at the withers to 57-58 cm, and females reach 52-53 cm. They can be considered an average breed. An attractive look to the dog gives her a smile. The nose lobe may be brown, flesh-colored or black, and by winter it may become completely discolored.
The eyes are dark brown in color and deep set. Small ears slightly rounded, covered with thick hair inside. Also densely pubescent tail, which can be thrown back or to the side.
The very same wool is very thick, dense and shiny. In the neck and withers, it forms a collar. The color can be not only white, but also cream or tan. The main condition is the presence of silver ends of the guard hair.
All dog breeders of the world appreciated the appearance and character of Samoyeds. And therefore at the moment there are a lot of fans of this breed. With proper care and maintenance, Samoyeds often live to be 15 years old.
Character traits samoyed
Samoyed is a gentle and friendly doghaving a good character. It makes an excellent companion and family member. These animals are always full of spirit and able to find a common language with all members of the family and their environment.
The dog loves and demands constant communication not only with your family, but with others. Therefore, too busy people, it is unlikely to fit, so will miss the attention and communication. You can't leave her alone for long.
Samoyeds are good at training, they can be attributed to easily learning dog breeds. There are situations when an animal becomes stubborn, but it is easy to fix, only by showing its character. In addition, because of their evolution there are no hunting instinctstherefore, there will be no problems with keeping with other animals.
As for children, Samoyeds treat them very well, calmly endure their active lifestyle. A dog can for a long time tolerate increased attention to his person from the child’s side, as well as participate in games with a small one.
Raising a dog
Education Samoyed Laika includes education, which helps to develop and reinforce existing behavioral skills by coercion and encouragement, as well as training for all the necessary teams. In this case, the execution of commands is mandatory requirementIf the puppy does not execute the command 3-4 times, this disobedience may become systematic.
It is important to know that proper upbringing cannot do without punishments, the main thing is that they should be made in a timely manner. It is not permissible to beat a puppy with a leash, since in the future it may simply refuse to walk using this element. It is rarely possible to allow the use of lashes, but only in the most extreme situation of disobedience.
Features of training
Without training it is impossible to raise an obedient dog. However, it should be noted that physical punishment should be minimal! The dog has its pride and self-esteem, and this should not be forgotten.
In itself, training is based on the principle of the wolf pack. This means that:
- The leader, in this case the master, must eat first. That is, the dog must be fed after the whole family eats.
- The owner must first go into the house, and after that the dog.
- The dog should not be confused under their feet, so it should define a personal place.
Training a puppy should begin at the age of 3 months. He must learn to perform obedience commands, after which the diploma is awarded. It is recommended that a guard dog be trained to command a voice, in addition to the main commands.
Further, if desired, you can be trained in the trace or guard service, as well as in the search and rescue area. An experienced instructor is able to find the right approach to each dog and make training an easy step in the life of the animal.
Feeding the Samoyeds
With regard to feeding, it is recommended to consult a veterinarian who will select the optimal type of diet for a particular dog. At the same time, most breeders recommend feeding animals with specialized feed in a dry or wet form. Thus, the animal will receive from food all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
When feeding with natural food such foods should be excluded:
- Chicken and pork bones
- Raw meat.
In order to avoid problems with the stomach, feeding is better to move after a perfect walk. With sufficient physical exertion and feeding according to the age of the dog, she does not have overweight problems.
The average cost of puppies with pedigree ranges from 250 dollars to 1000 dollars. The cost is influenced by several factors:
- Puppy sex
- The ancestors of the ancestors,
- The purpose of the acquisition of a dog.
Bitches usually cost more than males. Moreover, if the puppies' parents have honorary titles, then, accordingly, their value increases.
If a puppy is purchased as a pet, then it may have some minor flaws that are important for show animals, so its value may vary significantly.
Puppies without documents will cost 1.5 - 2 times cheaper.