Every owner who has a little four-sided friend understands that the baby needs not only tasty food, but also a balanced one. Only then can he grow up healthy and strong animals. Therefore, it is necessary to dwell on such an important question: how to feed a kitten in 2 months?
Almost without exception, by the beginning of the second month, kittens begin to feed on their own, and they no longer need special feeding. Their diet is already significantly different from the kitten's diet at the age of one month. This is explained by the fact that their stomach and the whole organism become more adapted. At the age of two months, a kitten for feeding can already be offered an expanded range of feed, as well as to give more rough food to feed.
In order for your pet to grow up energetic and become a healthy cat, you need to know how to feed a kitten 2 months old. When a baby persistently does not touch food, it means that he does not like it. You should not force it into his mouth forcibly, nothing good will come of it. It would be better if the owner of the animal thinks about changing the feeding pattern and is thoroughly engaged in the preparation of the diet. It should contain foods that have a sufficient amount of essential micronutrients and vitamins. In this case, do not forget about the main thing: the feed should be like a kitten.
Also, without shelving, you will need to think about which of the available feeding options is most suitable for your baby. Choose one of the three types of food, they are indicated below:
Expect that someone will tell the most correct option for your pet, it is not necessary. Even veterinary specialists have conflicting opinions in this regard. An important role in choosing a diet for a pet is given to the breed of the animal, its taste preferences, the absence or presence of disease, and finally the sex of the kitten. If there are difficulties in how to feed a kitten for 2 months, then first of all, choosing the right option, you should proceed from your financial capabilities, availability of experience and time to prepare your own food and other circumstances.
If you decide to give preference to ready-made feeds, then you should consider that you have to buy them only of the highest class. And these feeds are quite expensive. But there is an indisputable advantage in them - they contain a set of important trace elements, they will be very useful for a two-month kitten, and no additional supplements will be required. Self-cooking for a kitten also has advantages. This is not such a costly business, and food, as a rule, is closer to the natural nutrition of the animal.
Those who adhere to the position on feeding kittens with natural food are sure that only such nutrition is safe and healthy for them. Naturally for them there is no question what to feed the baby at this age, since they have already made their choice. However, it is worth noting that natural food, which is considered acceptable for kittens - this is not the products that people use. This is a specially produced food, which contains nutrients, and there are no chemical additives.
Each feeding option usually has its pros and cons. It is probably worth starting with the main advantages of this type of food:
- Opportunity to the owner to select the products for cooking for kittens, focusing on their freshness and quality. This allows you to have more confidence that the prepared food is good for your baby.
- Food that is intended for an animal is always fresh, there is no chemistry in it, and therefore it will be not only beneficial for the weaker organism, but also safe.
- Pet daily receives a variety of food.
- This food is not conducive to the development of addiction, the kitten will not suffer painful addiction. Some products are freely replaced by others, without causing stress in the kitten.
As for the negative aspects of natural feeding of an animal, the following main points should be highlighted:
- It is necessary to carefully monitor that the diet does not contain products that are undesirable, or even dangerous for the kitten's digestive system.
- Ordinary food does not always contain enough vitamins necessary for normal development of a kitten at the age of two months. To balance the food you have to buy them on purpose and, independently calculating the dose, add to the cat's dishes.
But regardless of your choice of feeding your pet, it is necessary to make proteins the basis of nutrition. Only they are involved in the construction of a living organism. Therefore, the diet should consist of foods that are rich in protein, in proportion to approximately more than half of the daily diet. Fish and meat products have enough protein.
But not only protein foods should be included in the diet of the baby. Care must be taken to ensure that it contains sufficient amounts of various vitamins and trace elements. The body of a kitten is growing and it needs to have calcium in abundance, which contributes to the growth of teeth and the development of the skeleton. These substances are contained in whole milk and dairy products. Knowing what a kitten should eat for 2 months and what should be removed from its diet, the baby's owner will be able to confidently create a quality diet that will include the necessary and useful organic foods.
The kitten, though small, is still a predator, so at this stage of its life, it requires appropriate food every day. In general, the diet should consist of the following products:
- lean meat, such as beef, turkey, or chicken. Meat should be boiled thoroughly and ground in the broth. Raw meat kitten should not eat. And, as already mentioned, before giving the kitten it should be thermally and mechanically treated to avoid infestation of the animal with parasites. Since it is known that most worms stay alive when frozen. When cooking, choose lean beef, and give the chicken, removing the skin, because it is too heavy for the kitten’s intestine and can provoke serious disorders,
- offal, which is represented by the liver, heart and brain. This product has a sufficient amount of phosphorus and other trace elements important for the normal development of a pet.
- eggs It can be not only chicken eggs, but also quail. But here it is necessary to observe the measure and it is impossible to fully give boiled eggs, since the baby’s stomach is not yet able to digest and digest this food well. You can use boiled yolk as an additive for porridge or mixing with other feed. If we talk about quail eggs, it is recommended to use them, mixed with meat, raw. They contribute to the improvement of the work of the stomach, the food is easier to digest, and this is very useful for an animal of this age,
- yogurt, but not containing various fruit supplements. And also useful cream, kefir and ryazhenka. In order for bones and teeth to develop well, it is imperative to include fermented milk skimmed products in the diet. They will be very useful for a kitten, because this food contains phosphorus. However, they should be fed in small doses with a frequency of once every seven days and the fat content should be no more than one percent.
- low-fat cottage cheese. It is introduced into the diet gradually. The curd should be natural, you can grind it with a small amount of sour cream - also low-fat, or use ready-made purchased products for children,
- cereal and cereal porridge cooked in milk, broths of vegetables and meat - rice, oatmeal, buckwheat,
- fresh raw vegetables, pre-grated or added to cereals and cooked in meat broth (cabbage, pumpkin, carrots). Regarding this product, there are no significant limitations at all; they are truly a storehouse of various microelements and vitamins. It is only necessary to take into account that they have their own characteristics. For example, the use of cabbage can provoke bloating in a kitten, and beet - frequent loose stools. Therefore, at this age they should be present in the diet boiled, however, you should not prohibit the kitten if he really wants to gnaw carrots. The remaining decoction after the vegetables may be suitable for the preparation of some cereals, which will be better than a lean porridge,
- sea fish. This product should be introduced into the kitten's diet. It should be low-fat varieties in boiled form, the bones should be removed. This will be an additional source of substances such as phosphorus, it contributes to the acquisition of beautiful hair, good and durable claws, teeth and general bones. Two months is very important for the age of the animal, because it is at this time that the final formation and strengthening of the cat's musculoskeletal system occurs,
- grass (germinate wheat, oats). It is also an important element in the system of nutrition, given the fact that at this age the kitten is not yet able to actively contact with the surrounding nature. You can germinate it or buy it at the pet store, it is also recommended to use brewer's yeast,
- vegetable oil. It should be given every three days for half a spoon.
What can not feed
There are products that are not recommended to give a kitten at this age, although it should be noted that this restriction applies to other ages. So, what kind of food is undesirable to treat your pet:
- fatty meat, because the kitten's stomach is not adapted to such loads, and as a result it is fraught with indigestion and liver disease. This list includes meat such as pork, goose, as well as lard,
- whole milk, because they have no milk digesting enzymes,
- with bones, because the baby doesn’t easily injure the esophagus or simply choke,
- the protein of raw eggs, since the enzymes in them can infect the body’s biotin,
- salted foods, smoked meats, canned products for human consumption,
- skin of chicken meat - it is not digested by the stomach,
- vegetables such as eggplants, tomatoes, onions, garlic. As well as some fruits, such as avocados,
- chocolate This product is highly toxic to these animals and can even be fatal.
- medicines and vitamins intended for human consumption, however, there are exceptions.
Products that can be in minimum quantities:
- peas and beans, their use causes bloating,
- freshwater fish, because there is a high risk of infection with worms.
One of the main rules in feeding a two-month kitten is the observance of uniformity in the giving of food, that is, dry and wet food should not be mixed. Otherwise, it will be difficult for the kitten to rebuild the body, since these types of feed are digested by the body for not the same amount of time. In the transition from one feed to another, with long-term feeding of one species, you need to do it gradually. For example, over the course of a week or one and a half, slowly teach your baby to another type of feed, enter them into the diet in small portions, watching the reaction of the kitten. If you choose two types of feed at once, then one fourth of the daily feed should be wet and three-fourths should be dry food.
When you choose the option of ready-made feeds for feeding, but you do not know which one is better for your two-month-old pet, use the advice of veterinarians. Like professional breeders, these specialists recommend making purchases of finished feed only in special stores or vetapteks. In addition, feed must be of superior quality, which have all the nutrients necessary for the maintenance of vital activity.
The most qualitative data types of feed are holistic. As a result, their production technology retains all the advantages of unprocessed meat - freshness and juiciness, as well as the greatest effectiveness of the ingredients that make up the composition. On the composition can be found on the packaging labels.
Important: Dry food with the mark "NaturCroq" can be used for human nutrition.
As for specific feeds for kittens, the following are recommended, in particular:
- Happy cat junior. This feed belongs to the super-premium class, which is made specifically for small cats from five weeks to a year, with a sensitive digestive system. It contains very important meat mixes (rabbit, beef, chicken), as well as fish and eggs, the feed has the size and texture of the feed, allowing the kitten to eat it successfully.
- 1st choice. The same class as the previous feed, intended for kittens from two months to a year. Differs in high quality, acceptable for this level of cost. The feed contains a balanced meat and vegetable ingredient. Also in the composition there is salmon oil, which contributes to the revitalization of brain activity. Improves the work of the heart muscle and eyes. Among the drawbacks is that it almost does not occur on sale, for its purchase one should place an order on the Internet.
- Purina proplan. Available in two versions. The first (dry) is intended for kittens from the age of one and a half months to a year, the second (wet) - up to a year. Differs relatively low price, availability, sold by weight, which allows significant savings on costs. It contains a sufficient number of necessary elements and substances. Among the disadvantages of a large number of plant components, may contribute to the development of allergies.
There are many experts who claim that it is forbidden to use different types of feeding at the same time - artificial and natural, explaining that such a mixture often leads to disorders of the digestive system and hypervitaminosis. Other experts believe that this is exactly what ideally should be fed to cats at two months of age. That is, there will be a balance - the animal will eat both natural food and receive all the important trace elements from the finished feed.
As for the dosage of feed in the mixed type of feeding, here it is necessary to consult with a specialist. As a rule, the dosage largely depends on the baby’s breed, condition, weight and other parameters. It happens that sometimes too caring owners begin to change the diet after two weeks after two months. Do not do this, it remains the same.
- You should not immediately feed the kitten the entire daily diet at once - because the baby can not yet fully restrain his appetite, but the exception is the feeding with dry food.
- If you are going to feed the kitten with food from the refrigerator, you should definitely warm it up to a warm state.
- It is allowed to store food in the refrigerating chamber for no more than a day, moist food - up to 48 hours.
- It should be added to the natural nutrition vitamins specifically designed for cats.
- We must always remember that the key to a long and active life of your pet is proper nutrition.
Do not forget about water
Your baby should never be very thirsty. Water is a major factor in ensuring the normal functioning of the digestive system and general well-being. In this regard, it should always be clean water. The kitten must not be allowed to drink out of containers in which dirty water accumulates.
Mode and rate of feeding
At the age of eight to ten weeks, it is advisable to feed the kitten more often, but the portions should be small. For this daily rate is divided into five or six parts. The total weight of the daily menu, as a rule, is within one hundred and fifty grams per kilogram of kitten weight, more precise information can be obtained from a specialist. Breeders with extensive experience in this matter recommend regularly diversifying their food.
Kittens at two months of age require very close attention, they are not yet able to fully resist various diseases and parasitic infection. It is necessary to regularly vaccinate, carry out the procedure of deworming. If you have problems with feeding or immediately contact a veterinarian.
Growth and development control
Every loving owner should know how kittens develop (2 months). Than to feed them, we will understand a little later, and now let's define how to estimate normal growth rates and when it is necessary to sound the alarm. It is very important to weigh the pet daily. Normal weight gain is 10-30 g per day. If your kitten has not recovered in a week or has lost weight, you should immediately go to the vet. В зависимости от породы, вес котенка в 2 месяца может варьироваться, но в среднем он должен составлять примерно 600 г. С 4 месяцев можно будет перейти на еженедельное взвешивание.
Если первые прикормы осуществлялись в основном за счет детского питания, то сейчас пришло время введения новых кормов. Итак, у вас живут котята (2 месяца), чем кормить их? Постепенно нужно добавлять в рацион твердую пищу. Это могут быть мелко порезанное мясо, каша, овощи, размятая рыба. Очень хорошо, если питание будет натуральным. Having made the decision to transfer the baby to the finished feed, be sure to pay attention to the trademark. Only super-premium feeds can be rated as suitable for a fragile children's body. In this case, dry food for such crumbs is not suitable - you can only use canned food.
How to change the diet
Feeding a kitten (2 months) should be as natural as possible for its biological needs. In nature, the cat first feeds its children with milk, then begins to bring birds and rodents. That is exactly what should happen in captivity, only the changes in the diet should be made as smooth as possible. To get used to the "new", the kitten will take about two weeks. At this age, the baby is actively developing and growing, and he should receive 120-150 g of food per day. It should give him 30-40 grams of meat per day. If the baby refuses to eat, you should immediately show him to the vet.
Like all babies, kittens are often eaten often and slowly (2 months). What to feed them and how? You can not organize feeding as if you are dealing with an adult cat. Exposed in the morning daily portion of food - inappropriate option, if we are dealing with a kitten. The baby should divide the daily rate of feed by five times. The menu should be as varied as possible. Power mode is built with an eye on the individual characteristics and size of your pet. Most importantly, in a bowl was always clean drinking water. Kitten food should be fresh at room temperature every time. In the breaks, you can leave a small amount of food in a bowl, since the baby can fit up to a cup up to 20 times per day.
Behavior of the kitten after feeding
We have already mentioned how many times to feed a kitten (2 months). Only if you are very busy, you can leave him food for the whole day, but it is advisable to give him fresh food every time (4-5 times a day). After eating, all the babies need rest, and your kitten is no exception. Therefore, do not play with him immediately after the meal, digesting food at this age is a very important process, and excess activity can only harm.
How to feed a Scottish kitten (2 months)
At this tender age, chicken breast is very good for feeding kittens of any breed, which should be boiled and chopped beforehand. Your pet will not give up on raw beef. To secure a furry pet, you need to unwrap a piece of meat and put it in the freezer for 2-3 days. This method of freezing destroys all the parasites that can be transmitted to the cat. At the same time, it is not necessary to get involved in raw meat too much; it is enough to give 30 g every other day. A great addition is boiled liver, it is rich in microelements and vitamins. Scottish kittens (2 months) can receive it once a week. Chicken yolk loves most cats, it can be given twice a week. The growing body has a great need for calcium, so you need to give low-fat cottage cheese to the kitten at least three times a week.
Usually, everyone thinks milk is a very useful product for kittens, but it is not. However, you can give fat-free kefir, ryazhenku and sour cream. Cream is also an excellent fit, they need to pamper the baby, but they should be introduced into the diet in small quantities. For full growth and development are needed and cereals. Therefore, every day, cook the baby different cereals (rice, oatmeal, buckwheat). In porridge, you can add meat to the kitten began to eat more willingly. It will also be very good to prepare a vegetable mixture with meat. To do this, boil the cauliflower, carrots and asparagus beans until soft and cook mashed potatoes. Fish should be given only in exceptional cases, not more than once a month. In addition, do not forget to buy special vitamin-mineral complexes for kittens. Now you know how to feed a Scottish kitten (2 months). Everyone can correctly make a diet for the baby. Even if you have never kept cats, you can easily handle it. Let's now find out if feeding of other breeds is different.
How does a British kitten eat (2 months)?
Milk - inappropriate food for all breeds of cats, without exception. But the milk porridge kids-British eat with great pleasure. Suitable hercules, semolina or buckwheat. Any dairy products are very useful, it is better to choose low-fat cottage cheese, yogurt, ryazhenka, sometimes a little sour cream. Cream (10%) two or three times a week will be very helpful. Egg yolk can be given once in two or three days.
Many experts advise feeding kittens boiled lean fish. Cook for your pet soups, which can add finely chopped meat, grated cheese, liver, beef heart. Perfect and meat chicken, boiled and chopped. As you can see, there are no particular differences, any breed of cats can be fed in approximately the same way. But if there is food intolerance by representatives of your breed, the breeder must be warned about this. When feeding natural food, kittens are given daily vitamin supplements: "Beofar", Kitzim, "Farmovit", "Doctor Zoo".
Vaccination kittens in 2 months set or wait a little longer? This question often rises before the hosts. On the one hand, while the child's body protects maternal immunity. On the other hand, it weakens every day, which means there is a big risk of catching a dangerous disease. Many experts advise to put the first comprehensive vaccine a week after you took the baby home. This time is enough for him to survive the stress and easier to endure the procedure.
Regardless of the breed, the kitten must receive a vaccine against a number of dangerous diseases. These are plague and leukemia, infectious peritonitis, panleukopenia, viral rhinotracheitis. At the same time, a rabies vaccine for a fragile body is still too heavy, it will be delivered when it reaches the age of 6-8 months, after changing teeth.
Vaccination tips and revaccination
Vaccination kittens in 2 months should be put only by a veterinarian. You may consider options in which the doctor goes to the house so that the baby does not experience unnecessary stress, but it is not recommended to choose the vaccine yourself. After vaccination is done, a three-week quarantine is required. During this period, you need to provide your child with a home mode and regularly monitor his condition. If the vaccine is tolerated normally, it is followed by a revaccination. Such a scheme provides protection against formidable diseases in 99% of cases. Separately, at the request of the owners, is vaccinated against chlamydia and ringworm. Further vaccination should be made annually to update the body's defenses.
What you need to remember
Before vaccination, you need to make sure that the pet is healthy. To do this, just watch him. He must be alert and active, have a good appetite. Body temperature should not exceed 38.5 degrees. Before vaccination, the kitten must be given antihelminthic drugs. After 10 days you can go to the doctor. After vaccination, the baby needs more control. Any deviation in behavior is a reason to immediately contact your doctor. This may be a rejection of food or lethargy, convulsions, vomiting and much more. Do not forget that the choice of a veterinarian is often decisive, so pay attention to the status of the clinic and the experience of the doctor. It is better if you attach to one specialist, you will be observed with him all his life.
This moment can be complicated by the fact that it is not always possible to ask the previous owners what the kitten used to eat (for example, if the baby is picked up on the street).
But, as already mentioned, it is impossible to offer a fluffy baby in any way, so you have to choose the power of a two-month kitten, based on 3 principles:
- Natural food.
- Ready feed.
- Mixed food.
What kind of feeding to choose - each owner is free to decide for himself, but it will not be superfluous to familiarize himself with the basic rules for choosing a kitten food in more detail.
If it is decided that a kitten in 2 months will receive food in the form of homemade food, it is important to understand that dishes prepared for themselves will absolutely not work, and it will be necessary to select an individual menu.
Baby food should be varied, natural (without chemicals) and always fresh, but even in this case, you may need a separate introduction of vitamins in food.
So what kind of food to cook a fluffy pet, if the owner chose to feed the kitten in 2 months homemade food? The choice here is not small, so if you wish, it is quite possible to provide a newly-numbered family member with a varied diet:
- boiled after freezing lean meat (beef, chicken, turkey, veal), which is better to grind into stuffing or chop as much as possible, because the kitten in 2 months still can not cope with large pieces,
- boiled lean sea fish, previously cleaned of bones and scales (useful, but it is not necessary to feed the baby with it more than 1-2 times a week),
- Lactic acid products (cream, soft curd, natural yogurt, sour cream, etc.) are very useful for a growing organism as a source of calcium,
- wiped vegetables (carrots, pumpkins, zucchini, cabbage) a kitten at 2 months may not be assessed purely, but adding them to cereals, minced meat or broths is usually welcomed or “not noticed” by babies
- germinated grass (oats, wheat) is useful not only by the contained vitamins, but also helps to clear the stomach of the accumulated wool,
- egg yolk (the kitten will be happy to eat it, but 0.5 yolks a week will be enough) - an excellent "supplier" of vitamin E,
- vegetable oil (half a teaspoon per week) or brewer's yeast, diluted in water, will make the wool fluffy shiny.
In addition to the recommended products, there are those who are not allowed to feed a 2-month-old kitten:
- any bones (this is fraught with gastrointestinal trauma),
- legumes (bloating),
- chicken skin (not digested in the stomach),
- whole milk (provokes upset stomach and is not absorbed by the body),
- raw egg white (prevents the absorption of vitamin B, may be a source of Salmonella and E. coli, also dangerous for cats),
- fatty fish and meat (indigestion),
- smoked foods, salty and spicy foods, sausages,
- human vitamins
- liver and kidneys in large quantities (in addition to the benefits, these filter bodies already contain harmful slags),
- raw fish (a kitten may become infected with worms from a sick fish).
Important: if a Scottish kitten appeared in the house, feeding in large quantities of foods containing calcium is also contraindicated to it (this is fraught with strengthening the ear cartilage and straightening of the shells).
Mixed food still causes a lot of controversy regarding its usefulness. There are 2 opposing opinions on this score:
- Such feeding is ideal, since the kitten already from 2 months obviously receives absolutely all the nutrients necessary for growth and development (some from ready-made feeds, others from natural food).
- Mixed feeding of a 2-month-old kitten is harmful, because the same vitamins are often found in both ready-made feeds and foods. Such a “layering” of the same utilities results in a kitten “earning” hypervitaminosis.
Both judgments are true in their own way, so the best way out would be to seek advice from a veterinarian, since experts always advise feeding the kitten at 2 months, based on the results of an individual pet examination.
The importance of water
A kitten at 2 months, as well as an adult cat, should always have access to water. Drinking should not be collected from the tap, the best - ordinary drinking water. Feeding a pet with dry food requires that this rule be doubly fulfilled, since with constant “drying” the kitten will experience a particular thirst.
If you start correctly feeding the kitten at 2 months - the pet is simply doomed to grow up healthy, beautiful and energetic. After all, it is not without reason that they say that everything necessary for a full-fledged life is laid at an early age, and this statement has a very direct relation not only to people, but also to animals too.
Selection of the diet of a two-month kitten
If the diet is chosen correctly, then soon the clumsy baby will turn into a playful strong and powerful cat or a beautiful healthy cat. The main signal that the food does not fit the kitten is an upset intestine and the animal's categorical refusal of the proposed treat.
There are three options for suitable nutrition of young cats, and the choice should be stopped at one of them:
Probably, the kitten itself will make a choice for the owner. But sometimes it is necessary to calculate the financial capabilities and choose the best option. Also the role is played by the cat breed, its health and preferences.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantages of the finished feed include the fact that it is already a balanced source of nutrition, where the vitamin-mineral complex is fully adapted to feed a two-month-old animal.
Also, the advantage is a dry food by itself: the kid is actively working with his jaws in an attempt to gnaw through a tasty granule. The owner does not need to choose the composition of the food, calculate the necessary content of nutrients - in general, it saves time.
Ready meals are convenient to take on the trip, without worrying about what the baby will eat, if the path is long.
in economy class food a large amount of unnecessary mineral salts. They accumulate in the body and provoke urolithiasis,
in the granules there are flavors and preservatives that cause addiction. Go for a natural meal will be possible only by forcing the pet to starve.
It is better to ask the vet whether to give the baby such food.
What do the vets say
With difficulty and ambiguity what to feed a kitten in 2 months, seek advice from a veterinarian.
Buy food only in vetaptekah and pet stores.
Best of all, if there is a mark "premium" or "superpremium."
Holists are considered the best feed, their benefit is maximum, as they retain the freshness of almost raw meat.
Acquire products indicating the appropriate age of the animal.
The portions are given according to the dosage indicated on the pack.
If you follow the tips, then no problems with nutrition will not arise.
The second month of a kitten’s life is active, the baby needs a lot of energy and strength. The diet includes daily meat products: beef, turkey, chicken. Boiled meat is given in the finished milled form, added to the broth. Raw meat is still prohibited!
In order for the bone system and teeth to develop well, the kitten is fed kefir, ryazhenka, yogurt without additives, by the end of the second month they introduce low-fat cottage cheese.
Meals include milk cereals from cereals and cereals, or cereals on a decoction of vegetables or meat, vegetables, and lean, boiled sea fish without bones.
There are prohibited foods: pork, lard, lard, goose, bones, cow's milk, raw egg white, salinity, chocolate. It is not necessary to offer freshwater fish and legumes.
How to feed a kitten in two months
There are some simple rules for feeding a two-month pet:
daily portion of natural food is not immediately available, the baby does not control the appetite. Dry food can be filled immediately
all food should be warm. If the food was in the refrigerator, it is warmed up,
cooked food is not stored in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours,
wet ready-made feeds are kept open no more than two days,
if the food is natural, vitamins for cats are added to it,
in a separate bowl is water. The bowl should have free access, and the water should always be clean and fresh.
Responsible person will not be difficult to follow all the rules of nutrition for the kitten, and the pet will grow strong and healthy.
How often to feed a kitten in 2 months
To avoid problems with the health of the baby, you need to know how many times to feed and what should be the portions.
The kitten should not overeat or stay hungry - both cases promise problems with the digestive system.
A baby at 8-10 weeks is often fed: the daily ration is calculated on 5-6 portions of small size. If we take into account the weight of the kitten, then proceed from an approximate recommendation of 150 g per 1 kg of body weight.
Care for kittens in 2 months
Adorable meowing crumbs in two months remain fragile creatures. They are ready to attack infections and parasites. The task of the owner is to protect the Fuzzies from dangers. Fight against infections will help time stamped vaccinations and timely deworming.
The veterinarian should be a friend: this is a source of necessary advice and regular inspection.
The appearance of the baby needs to be taken care of: this is the time of training for the comb, the procedure of washing the eyes and cleaning the ears. A healthy pet sparkles with beautiful hair and is in a good playful mood.
Kitten feeding mode
For a start, it is important to understand when to feed and how to feed the kitten. Of course, you can orient yourself around the kitten’s hungry look, but it’s better not to wake the beast in it, and 3-4 weeks after the birth, start gradually feeding the baby.
By 4 weeks of age, you need to develop a stable meal schedule.
The baby should receive additional feeding 4-7 times a day.
Но бывают патовые ситуации, когда дополнительное кормление нужно котятам гораздо чаще.
- возраст до 2-х недель – 10 раз в сутки (с захватом ночи),
- кормление месячного котенка – 8 раз в сутки (с захватом ночи),
- 1 — 2 месяца — 7 раз в день (ночь уже исключается),
- 2 — 3 месяца — 6 раз в день,
- 4 месяца — 5 месяцев — 5 раз в день,
- 5 — 9 месяцев — 4 раза в день,
- 9 — 12 месяцев — 3 раза в день,
- кормление котят возрастом от 1 года становится двухразовым (например, 9:00 – 21:00).
Сколько пищи давать котенку:
- Age 1 week - 30 ml per 100 grams of kitten weight,
- 2 weeks - 38 ml per 100 grams of kitten weight,
- 3 weeks - 48 ml per 100 grams of kitten weight,
- 4 weeks and the next - 48-53 ml per 100 grams of kitten weight.
How much should a kitten get per day?
Of course, the feed rate is easy to calculate from the already proposed positions, but we will ease the task and give a few numbers:
- At 1.5 months, the baby needs about 120 grams of food per day,
- A two-month kitten we feed more - 160-180 grams per day,
- During the period of active growth (3 months - 6 months), the daily rate of feed is 180-240 grams, while the meat is not less than 40 grams,
- A six-month-old baby needs up to 180 grams of food per day,
- In 10-12 months, the period when the activity of the kitten is reduced, the daily rate of food is 150-200 grams.
It is important to give vitamins to your pet. Read what vitamins to choose for a kitten.
What products can feed a kitten
It is important to remember about the consistency of the food - it is better if the first portions are pasty, not containing solid pieces. At home, this will help blender or ordinary grater milking vegetables.
So, what to feed a kitten:
- Meat. It can be raw, boiled, frozen and scalded. 60-80% of the daily ration of a kitten falls on lean meat. What kind of meat is suitable for the kitten - see the table below.
- Liver. Available every 1-2 weeks,
- Kashi. In its pure form, the kitten is unlikely to be interested in them, but adding meat or vegetables fundamentally changes things. Mix porridge with meat in a ratio of 1: 2,
- Vegetables. Fresh or boiled,
- Eggs What do kittens eat from eggs? Exceptionally yolk. Raw yolk is useful to give a kitten once a week. Pay special attention to quail eggs - they are very useful and it is quail eggs that can be given whole without separating the white from the yolk,
- Low-fat dairy products,
- Brewer's yeast,
- Butter. Experts recommend to refrain from vegetable oil, replacing it with vaseline.
How to feed a monthly kitten (up to 1 month)
The full kitten either sleeps quietly or sucks the cat quietly. But if the kittens crawl around the mother, refuse the nipple, squeak and grab an outstretched finger - these are signs that the child wants to eat.
How to start feeding up or feeding a weekly pet?
Prepare a bottle with a dummy, pipette or syringe without a needle and a special mixture designed to replace cat milk for a weekly kitten.
Here are some simple recipes - how to feed little kittens at home:
- Raw egg yolk + half a liter of concentrated milk
- Dry yeast (2.5 g) + whole milk powder (15 g) + whole cow milk (50 g)
- Hard-boiled egg + whipped egg white + vegetable oil (1 g) + grape sugar (4 g)
- Half an egg yolk + corn oil (a teaspoon) + whole milk (50 ml)
These and other recipes will come in handy even if the kitten grows up without a cat-mother and (correctly), its feeding lies entirely on you.
What products can not feed a kitten
- Dry or wet food. There is no unanimity in this matter, count on your own prudence and intuition. So here we put a question mark -?
- Cow's milk. It is better to replace it with a goat - it is not so fat for the digestion of the baby. If the goat can not get it, then for very young kittens in pet stores you can buy special powdered milk.
- Dairy products with high fat
- A fish. In principle, the kids can not give the fish at all, but in theory the sea fish is not harmful. Under the ban freshwater, especially raw, as it provokes the formation of urolithiasis and can be a source of infection with worms
- Salt, spices
- Potatoes are not completely absorbed by the stomach of a domestic cat, so they are not given in any form.
- Legumes Soy, peas, beans are not absorbed by the intestines and as a result we get bloating and fermentation in the intestines.
- Cheese - due to its fat content
- Chocolate. Specifically, this sweetness contains theobromine, a poison that causes severe poisoning in cats, death
- Mixed food is bad for kittens
Read more about what not to feed.
Features of the diet for months
Features feeding kitten age 2 - 4 months
By this age, the kitten has already cut its teeth and it is time to translate it into self-contained food, teaching them to eat and drink independently from pans. The growth of the kitten is very active, its skeleton is formed and strengthened, the gastrointestinal tract is finally formed. What to feed a kitten in 2 months? Baby food should be maximally fortified and especially rich in protein.
Features of feeding a kitten 4 - 6 months old
At this age, the baby is actively gaining weight, so you need to make sure that the basis of the diet is not foods that are deposited in fat, but those that increase muscle mass.
The baby’s jaw has already formed and pieces of meat, beef or chicken offal can be given not ground, but cut into pieces. What else do kittens eat at this age? It is recommended to add ryazhenka or yoghurt to low-fat dairy products in stages.
Features feeding kitten age 6 - 10 months
During this period, the daily number of feedings is actively reduced. The growth of a kitten becomes not so noticeable, but its taste preferences are drawn. Do not indulge in the cat whims and do not give the teenager forbidden foods and food from the table. At this age, it is already possible from time to time to treat your pet with low-fat marine fish.
Consequences of malnutrition
Proper nutrition of kittens = the future health of the cat.
It was not for nothing that at the beginning of the article we focused on how important it is for the kitten to receive a balanced diet.
Disruption of the balance of nutrients (microelements, vitamins, etc.) leads to serious problems with the health of the animal:
Kittens sometimes have a so-called juvenile diabetes. There are individuals who are genetically predisposed to it, so do not awake famously and do not provoke the manifestation of the disease with an unhealthy diet
- lack of vitamin E (tocopherol) leads to deterioration of wool quality, irreversible changes in muscles and the development of infertility in the future.
- lack of vitamin C undermines the immune system, can lead to scurvy,
- vitamin D is responsible for calcium-phosphorus metabolism and prevents the development of rickets,
- Vitamin A deficiency leads to digestive disorders and the development of reproductive organs.
As we wrote above, there are foods that are literally poison for cats (chocolate, onions, garlic). And well, if loose stools - this is the only and quickly stop the symptom of poisoning. Often the use of these products can be fatal for a pet.
Of course, this is not the whole list of problems threatening the baby, but we have highlighted the main positions.
Dry feed for kittens
Almo Nature dry food for kittens
This dry food is very close to V.I.P-feed. The basis of this Italian diet is chicken meat and its derivatives. Animal protein accounts for 53%, another 14% is non-allergenic rice.
The disadvantages of this feed is not much - only high, perhaps, the price.
The best price in the online store Old Farm.
Food for kittens super premium class Acana
Today Akana offers dishes with three tastes:
The advantages of feed for kittens Akana:
- Balanced diet
- Lack of grain in the composition
- Lack of dyes and artificial additives
Disadvantages of feed for kittens Akana:
- Narrow range of tastes
- Lack of preventive diets
Royal Canin dry food for kittens
The premium class in kitten nutrition is the best of the worst and it is important to remember that the absence of the super prefix means that the quality of feeds of this type gently say "not very." But let's be objective.
- Low price,
- Veterinary range,
- Wide taste range,
- Availability for sale.
Buy at the best price online store Old Farm.
Disadvantages of feed for Royal Canin kittens:
- Low quality
- Doubtful composition
- The manufacturer, the company Mars, specializes in economy class feed. It's a hint.
Video about proper feeding at home
Wet food and canned food
It is believed that wet food, consisting of 80% of water, is more suitable for babies, as they are completely absorbed in the stomach and do not injure the esophagus.
Remember that canned and pucha should be kept in the refrigerator, but before serving - be sure to warm it up. The uneaten wet food should be put back in the fridge until the next feed.
What wet foods are in demand from cat and cat owners?
Bosch Sanabelle wet food
This super premium class food is produced in Germany. It differs very well balanced composition - 35% protein (and almost all animal origin), 7% mineral supplements.
The advantages of Bosch Sanabel include:
- Worthy quality,
- Lack of artificial components
- Availability in stores.
- The presence in the composition of allergy causing cellulose and maize.
Buy this feed on the site Old Farm.
Pro plan junior
A proplan is a premium class kitten food that can be purchased at any pet store.
- Wide range of tastes,
- Natural meat in composition,
- Prebiotics composed,
- The balance of the diet for kittens.
- A large percentage of plant proteins,
- The presence of allergenic corn and soy,
- Preservatives in the composition.
The most attractive prices for this feed on the site Old Farm.
Hills kitten food
Hills is another premium brand.
The advantages of this feed include:
- Vitamin and Mineral Enrichment
- A large percentage of poorly digestible carbohydrates in the composition,
- Too much vegetable protein,
- Feed allergy,
- A lot of broth in canned food and pouches.
Buy at the best price here.
Now you know what kittens eat. It remains the case for small things - to carefully monitor yourself and not allow yourself to stray from the regime and pamper your favorite baby with sods.