- The first type is ringovka-cobra or ringovka-chain with "plank".
The most popular type of ringovok. It may seem like a cruel chain to you, but it’s not. The links of such ringovka are specially intertwined and soldered so that they slide along the coat, do not harm the dog, do not tangle and do not pinch the coat. When used properly, the cobra becomes the ideal binding element between the handler and the dog, durable, elegant and inconspicuous.
Perhaps no ringing better conveys the most insignificant and invisible signals from the handler to the dog and vice versa. Also for the cobra one should get a “planter” (a cord with a carabiner or a braided leash decorated with beads, with a sliding loop or a carabiner).
Ringing cobra is suitable for service dogs, large breeds, many terriers. The chain is suitable for decorative breeds, such as Shih Tzu and Chihuahua.
- The second type is ring strap with ring or loop.
It is a soft but durable cord with a ring at the end, which forms an easily tightened and relaxing loop. It fixes the dog well in the ring, but can often slip and injure hands.
Often on such a ringing they put out retrievers and labradors.
- The third type is ringovka with lock.
Such rings are not convenient for everyone and sometimes they do not fix the dog enough - they can “get loose”. However, they are also used to show dogs in rings. When choosing such a ringing one should pay attention to the reliability and long-term nature of the fixer, which come in different shapes and strengths, for example, a small metal ring with a limiter or a “crocodile” as in the picture.
- Fourth type - neck ring with expander.
Rings with extensions are used for decorative breeds of dogs with long hair, for dogs with sensitive skin, thin necks or for puppies. Such extensions (substrates) are made of soft fabric or leather and do not choke the dog, but low-quality substrates can cling and tear hair from the neck.
This type of ringing is often used for greyhounds and hounds, for Yorkshire terriers and Maltese.
The basic rules for the selection of rings:
1. Ringovka should be matched in proportion to the dog. A nylon “thread” is not suitable for a large, strong dog, and a thick ringing made of leather for a decorative dog.
2. It is important to choose the ideal length of the ring, with which you can comfortably control the dog. The end of the ring should fit comfortably in the fist of the handler, and not hang or dangle.
3. It is recommended to choose a ringovka for the tone of the color of the dog, do not forget to prepare the fur of the dog with a furuminator. Ringovki too bright colors can adversely affect the assessment of your pet. In some cases, it is permissible to choose a contrasting ringovka, such as red for Yorkshire terriers.
4. Ringovka should be strong enough and reliable to withstand your dog, even in extreme cases, but do not look too massive. Nylon glue rings are often torn, frayed and unfurled at the most inopportune moment.
5. Ringovka should be invisible on the dog, it should not distract the attention of the expert.
6. Ringovka should not emphasize the weak points of the dog and visually shorten the neck.
7. Ringovka should not slide in the hands and be too soft or stretching, so that it was convenient to fix the dog and move in the ring.
8. Never buy a growth box.
And remember that a well-chosen ringovka is an important component of your pet's success at the exhibition!
Which ringovka for a dog is better to buy?
The perfect ringovka is almost invisible on the dog, it should not contrast with the animal. At the same time, the thinner the ring, the tougher the control of the dog will be. If the dog is young and inexperienced, especially the smaller breed, in the initial stages it is better to use soft wide ringovki with a flat or round section.
You can wear thin ringovku only when the dog learns to behave in different ammunition.
The choice of colors
The color of the ring should be “disguised” under the dog, complement it, and not emphasize the shortcomings. Ringovka, sharply contrasting in color with the animal, as it divides the neck and violates the impression of integrity.
It is necessary to select a driver in the tone of the dog's coat, and the wool is exactly where the ringing will be located, that is, on the shoulders or behind the ears.
Black ringovki are used when showing black, gray and blue dogs, white - light monophonic and spotted dogs, beige - a dog of wheat and fawn color, and Yorkshire terriers are usually put up on red racks.
There are no rules as such, but when choosing a ringovka, do not forget, the less visible it is on the animal, the better. And keep in mind that, against the background of a snow-white ringovka, a white dog may not look very clean, and a too bright coal ringovka will make the black dog's wool gray and faded.
Show rings are made of nylon, leather, nylon and metal. The material of the accessory must be selected in accordance with the physical capabilities of your pet. Even a well-trained dog is not immune from an accidental jerk and too thin a string will simply burst.
On a small Chihuahua do not wear chains, but for large breeds need more reliable ringovki. Vodilka should keep the dog in unforeseen situations that often arise at exhibitions.
Too many dogs in a limited space sometimes leads to fights, besides, the animal can become frightened and unexpectedly sharply jerk. Vodilka should be convenient for the dog, for example, too large gaps in the links of the chain can pull out wool. The convenience of the ringing for the handler is equally important.
It should lie comfortably in the hand, the material should be selected that will not slide, cut the palm and reach. Stretching ringovki material complicates the work with the dog, which is worse understands the "team".
The length and width of the ringovka for dogs
The thinner the accessory, the more profitable it will look on the dog. Wide, besides with a flat cross-section, the riders shorten the neck during visual examination. The length of the leash depends on the way the dog is shown, its breed and the handler’s personal taste.
The smaller the dog, the longer the ringing should be, respectively, for large breeds it would be more appropriate to have a short lead. When the dog is free standing and the handler is a step away from her, the ringing should be free to sag, and with a manual stand, with the head and neck fixed, it will be more convenient to have a short leash that is easier to pick up.
Thin and long ringovka very easily confused, and when you need to quickly gather it into a fist, a knot can form, which will entail a lot of inconvenience. The diameter of the “ring” is also important. You can not buy accessory "for growth", the girth of the loop should correspond to the neck of the dog.
How to choose a ringovka for a dog
Ringovku need to select based on the size of the animal. And the length of the leash is important, which is determined based on the manner in which the handler shows the dog and the size of the dog itself, taking into account the girth of the dog's neck. For small breeds it is more convenient to have a long leash (100-120 cm), and for large breeds you can buy a shorter one, since it is more convenient to control large dogs for a short one. Too long and thin leash can get confused. It is unacceptable to acquire a ring "for growth".
When choosing it is important to pay attention to the quality of materials, including accessories (rings, clasps, clamps). The chain should consist of reliably interconnected links. Leather accessories must have neat seams. Connection to the carbine should be secure, stitched or fastened with a brace, but not glued. A swivel that prevents ringing from twisting should be made of metal and have a strong head. The accessory should have a comfortable loop at one end for grip, should not slide in your hand.
For a particular breed, an accessory is selected that will favorably emphasize the beauty of the animal, while remaining the control device of the animal by the handler. But one should not choose too bright, with numerous or defiant decorative elements (beads, rhinestones, fur) accessories that attract too much attention to themselves, making it difficult for the expert to evaluate the animal. Usually, the accessory is selected to match the skin or coat of the dog. If the choice fell on a white accessory, in the color of a pet's fur, then you should make sure that the color of the ringing does not stand out against the background of the wool, otherwise the white coat will look unprofitable with a more white accessory. Wool will appear yellowish or gray. Red variants are usually selected for Yorkshire terriers.
Thin option is advisable to choose for small breeds, and wider and durable for large breeds. But a collar that is too wide visually shortens the neck and can therefore cause a deterioration in the overall impression of the dog's appearance. Therefore, broad options should be selected in the tone of wool or skin, if the dog is bald. Dobermans usually lead to the chain.
For dogs with a sensitive neck, it is advisable to purchase an accessory with an expansion under the throat, made of soft material.
- Weathertop (UK), from 500 rubles
- Simplicity (UK), 450 rubles
- O 'Cabot Chic (France), from 900 rubles
- Hunter (Germany), from 1000 rubles
- Show Tech (Belgium), from 350 rubles
- Onega (Estonia), from 600 rubles
- VIPet (China), from 300 rubles
- Madan's (Taiwan), from 450 rubles
- Resco (USA), from 1300 rubles
- Alvalley (USA), from 1000 rubles
- Mendota (USA), from 880 rubles
How to wear a ringovka on a dog
To the pet face up and put on the ringovka, forming a loop in the form of the letter "P". If the loop is put on in the form of a mirror letter “P”, then the dog cannot be controlled. There will be no loosening of the loop when necessary.
A noose is worn so that the ring is at the bottom. When the leash is tensioned, the loop is tightened, and when loosened, it becomes loose. With the wrong position of the ring (top), with the weakening of the tensioned leash, the loop will remain tightened.
Ringovka wear under the ears and a little tight. It is stretched along the cheek of the animal, so that it does not interfere with the dog to keep its head in a natural position, or is placed directly above the dog's head, on the back of the head. Trained dogs, put on a loose leash, while he lies on the shoulder of the animal and has a sufficient length. But the long ringovka will have to constantly twist in his fist, because its end should not hang from the hand.
With the help of ringovki handler controls the speed of the dog. When performing actions, the handler sets the length of the leash, for example, on a short one, the dog moves forward and backward, and when running in a circle, it lengthens.
In some cases, the accessory is not needed at all, for example, when showing rocks from a sports group, when it comes to demonstrating a stand.
After showing, the ringovka is cleaned if it is contaminated and stored in a dry place. Care and storage of the accessory depends on the type of material from which it is made. For example, leather products are impregnated with a special moisturizer.
Rope and two ringlets
So, what a tricky accessory this ringovka? Examining the novelty, the owner of the dog is surprised. However, the fact is that the simpler the better. According to the rules of many canine organizations, including the RKF (Russian Canine Federation), atringundesirable / prohibited use:
To the quite expected question “Why?” - we answer: all the above accessories spoil the impression and aesthetics of the appearance of the contestants. If you fundamentally bring the dog into the ring on a roulette or in a parforce, guaranteed to lose points. Moreover, strict judges can punish for not correct entry into the ring, incorrect trajectory of movement or stance, both dogs and handlers.
Having crammed the cones, the handlers began to use special shoelaces for the exhibition, later the invention was called ringing (from the word ring). In the classic modification, The accessory is a rather long, smooth cord with a metal ring at one end and a hand loop at the other. (see photo below). Most often, the “basic equipment” includes a retainer for the ring.
More advanced options amaze with a variety, various ornaments, handles, tassels, beads, additional rings and loops. Accessories are different and the material of manufacture. This diversity is explained by the personal preferences of the handlers and the requirements of the exhibition commissions; the larger the event, the more attention is paid to details. In a very broad sense, ringovki can be divided into types by:
- Purpose - single or double show, for small or large dogs, for long-haired or "naked" dogs.
- Constructions - chain and jerk chain, slip, sliding loop, ring loop, with dilator for the dog's neck.
- Models - single (i.e., collar and leash in one accessory), separate - consists of a ringovka (collar) and a carrier (leash).
- Production material - cotton (coated, for example, with wax), satin, silk, nylon, leather, nylon, metal, paracord.
Choosing a ringovka - rules and tips
It is logical to assume that the model, thickness, length and other characteristics of the accessory will be depend on dog breed and handler experience. In addition, it is necessary to study the rules of work in the ring, but more on that below. If you have no experience with ringovka, it is worth starting with simple, sliding models.
Rings for large dogs are made of durable materials, such as leather. On a small quadruped, such an accessory will look heavy. So, the smaller the dog, the easier the material. The second nuance is the width, the loop must be visually lost on the neck (to be imperceptible) and in no case shorten it.
Accessory color - an important indicator. Ringovka should blend in with wool or harmonize as much as possible. Bright (red, blue, yellow) loops are used for decorative breeds, for example, for Yorkshire terriers. If a contrasting ring is used, its color should be in harmony with the clothes of the handler.
Tip: If you want to get a bright ringovka, make sure that it does not break the silhouette of the neck into two parts, this nuance can badly affect the assessment of the dog.
The next indicator is strength. It is important to define a middle ground, the ringing must withstand the strength and pressure of the four-legged, but look easy and natural. Refrain from buying re-glued accessories, especially if your ward is a representative of a large breed. During the fees for the exhibition, we recommend to purchase several ringovk, reserve. Even high-quality accessories can have a manufacturing defect and break at the most inopportune moment.
Important! Ringovka is not evaluated by the judges, but the wrong accessory can highlight the flaws of your ward (everyone has flaws), and this will already significantly affect the decision of the judges.
Ring length - an important nuance. In fact, the shorter the tape, the better. It is important that it is convenient for you to use the accessory, to control the dog without suffocating it, without tugging without need. Even a perfectly selected loop will be inconvenient if the handler "does not have a hand".
Ideal is to acquiretraining ringovka (it is shortened and lengthened), choose a convenient length for work and even use it to navigate when buying parade-weekend accessories. By the way, the training ringovka can be made independently with minimal expenditure of money and time.
Note! Ringovka should not hang down to the pet's chest, but it should not suffocate him. Working with long walkers requires some experience and a firm hand. In addition, you should not forget that the loop is rather slippery and can fall out of your hands when you try to intercept the slack part.
And back to the size of dogs, because there are some unspoken rules:
- For large dogs use leather, rather thick (braided) ringovki with hinge locks.
- Middle quadrupeds perform in easy loops, with clamps or without.
- Ringovka with the substrate used for puppies, very small (Russian toy, Chihuahua) or bare breeds of dogs, four-legged with sensitive skin, short-haired greyhounds (Greyhound).
- Stranglethorn collars apply only when performing with short-haired, bare breeds (Chinese Crested, Mexican Naked) and hunting breeds (Italian Greyhound, Spaniels). The accessory is suitable for aboriginal breeds, for example, Basenji and Ridgeback.
The basic rules of working with ringovka
Choosing the right loop model is half the battle. The next stage, learn how to wear a ringovka on a dog and keep her moving. Rules for wearing an accessory in the ring does not depend on the model, size of the dog and other circumstances. The algorithm is as follows:
- We set the dog down near the left foot (command "Near").
- We form a loop for the neck, throw it over the dog’s head and Raise the cord to the level of the pharynx.
- We tighten the ringovka so that the loop runs along the base of the neck and closed immediately under the occipital protuberance. In this position, the dog breathes freely, can turn its head, but is completely controlled. Следите за натяжением удавки, поскольку удушенный питомец сбивается с ритма ходьбы, начинает подниматься на задние лапы или припадает к земле.
- Водилка протягивается в кольцо и поднимается вертикально над головой. Шнур образовывает перпендикуляр к затылку собаки, строго между ушами. The handler pulls out a hand and keeps the ringov in a stretched but not tense state.
Tip: teach your dog to vertically tense ringovke. Uncertain dogs may not understand intentions and fall to the floor, showing their obedience. Such a pun will immediately show the unpreparedness of the four-legged and handler.
An experienced handler and trained dog can demonstrate free movement and stance. In this case, the loop is not tightened behind the ears, and kept free. In motion, the handler keeps the leash raised, in a rack, the cord is placed between the shoulder blades and on the back.
Tip: even if your pet is perfectly educated and obedient, do not let the leash out of your hands. It's not about aesthetics, but rather about the violation of the ritual of the show. The meaning of the exhibition in the evaluation of dogs shown in the same conditions. The released leash will be perceived as “boasting” or a low level of training of the handler.
No matter how impartial the judges may seem, most of them pay attention to the ringovki. Experienced handlers pay a lot of attention to the selection of the model and color of the accessory. Among the eminent contestants unofficial popular competition in exclusivity. There is no mystery in the technology of making rings; weaving schemes are available on the Internet for a wide variety of models.
If you are not ready to make a ringovka for a dog, you can order from craftsmen. In the network there are almost works of art made in a variety of styles (patterns, blankets, tassels, amulets, stones, rhinestones). An alternative would require ingenuity and time, but weaving a ringovka for a dog with your own hands is the best option. Who, no matter how the owner, knows the advantages and disadvantages of a pet.
Tip: make the first (trial) ringovki, keep to the minimalism and use popular materials, such as leather cords or capron.
Tips for using and storing rings
The first and most important thing - stock up with training and exhibition accessories. The ring in which the dog is exposed should not be used in training and vice versa. Firstly, the leashes wear out, and secondly, the four-legged must understand that if a certain ring is dressed, the way out and work are ahead. By the same logic, it is not necessary to use the ringovka for walking. Teach the ward to a certain algorithm, and for this, remove the parade-exit leash, as soon as they left the ring. Even if you need to go 20-30 meters - change the ringovka on a leash.
Tip: Considering the cost of really good accessories, we recommend that you purchase a special storage case. By folding the cord, tying it in loops or other “patterns”, you provoke wear, which means damage to the appearance of the ringovka.
Ringovka for dogs and its equipment
Some dog owners do not know what is ringovka for dogs? But according to the rules of the Russian Cynological Organization, standard muzzles, strict, ordinary and electric collars, leashes of different configurations should not be put on the dog. According to experts, they spoil the impression of the visual perception of the contestants. If the animal will be displayed on a tape measure or wearing a muzzle, the judges will most likely withdraw points. In addition to the fact that the owner of the dog did not put a ringovka on him, they can be deprived of points for improper passage, stand or movement.
Visually, the ringing looks like a smooth cord, rather long, with a metal ring on its end. At the second end, the ring ends with a loop for the hand of the handler. The basic configuration often uses a retainer for the ring ring.
Often they try to decorate this accessory as much as possible, using loops, rings, brushes, beads. The larger the event, the more interesting and original decoration of these accessories.
By types can be distinguished:
- To destination. Designed for a single display of an animal or a pair, divided into types according to the size of pets, depending on the length of the coat.
- By configuration. There may be a slip stitch, a slip loop, chains, etc.
- According to the accessory model. There are samples that combine both a leash for a walk and a collar, and sometimes it is a combination of ringing with a separate leash.
- According to the material. The accessory can be made of cotton with a wax coating, nylon, leather, metal, nylon, etc.
Criterias of choice
The best ring dress selected for the exhibition does not contrast with the color of the pet and is almost imperceptible. But remember, the thinner it is, the more difficult it is to manage the animals in the ring.
If the dog has little experience in exhibitions, it is small in stature, then owners are advised to take wide accessories from soft material, preferably with a flat section. Thin ringovki for dogs are worn only when they are well trained in all the intricacies of behaving in the ring. Also, do not forget about the beautiful outfit for dogs.
Ideal: a complete disguise of such a "leash" under the color of the dog, or, conversely, complements the visual perception of your pet. If it contrasts sharply with the color of the dog's coat, it will give an imbalance and integrity of the pet's visual perception of the pet.
The leash is chosen as close as possible to the color of hair, taking into account the fact that the ringovka will be placed in the shoulders or ears.
To show dogs of black, gray and blue color take leashes of a dark shade. For pets with soft spots and light hair, a white leash is recommended. Beige color looks good on animals with wheat and fawn color. For the Yorkshire terriers are perfect red ringovki.
There are no strict rules for the exhibition, but it is worth remembering that the more the ringing merges with the color of wool, the better the pet's visual perception at the exhibition. If you bring a white dog in a white ringovka, then the perception will be distorted and the pet will seem dirty. A rich black often makes the pet's pet more gray and faded against the leash.
Usually these accessories are made of metal or leather, can be made on the basis of nylon and nylon. It is better to select the material on the basis of the forces possessed by the pet. Even the most educated dog can make a breakthrough because of which thin material will tear or crack.
A dog may behave unpredictably at an exhibition, which means that for a tall and large dog, strong reinforced ringovki are better suited. They will easily hold the animal during the snatch. Here, with a small space, there is a large concentration of dogs, and this can be a prerequisite for a fight or a fright of a pet. The accessory should be as comfortable as possible, remember that too much distance between the links leads to the pulling of hair.
The leash should be comfortable in the hand of the owner, so the material should not slide in it, should not cause discomfort palms or pulled out. If the leash stretches, then it is more difficult to train the dog and perform the walk, the dog will be worse managed.
The smaller the thickness of the leash, the more beautiful it looks on the animal. If the pet is wearing a wide ringovka with a flat cross-section, then its neck is visually shortened. The length of the leash itself is selected by the owner, depending on the breed of animal, variation of the passage and the desire of the breeder. For a small animal, a long leash is recommended, and a large dog should go short.
If the dog is free, and the owner is one step away from the animal, then the leash should sag. And if the passage provides for a manual stand, then a leash with a small length will be more relevant. It allows you to quickly attract a pet if necessary. Too long ringovka can be confused, it is difficult to assemble in the hand, can be tightened with a knot. It is important when choosing the length and size of the ringlet. You should not buy a ringovka in the hope that the dog will grow up. The girth of the loop should fit snugly against the dog's neck.
There is no strict regulation for a particular breed or size of the animal, and there are many complete sets and models in the stores. Therefore, when choosing to focus best on the convenience of the model owner and comfortable wearing for the dog.
Ringing your own hands step by step
Such an accessory for the exhibition to make yourself quite easy. Consider the manufacturing process in stages:
- We start with the stranglehold. We take the cord, which is sold in stores for sports equipment or for climbers. Please note that the sheath should not slide.
- We select the size of the rings, depending on the size of the pet. For example, for small breeds a size of 3 mm is better suited, and for a large pet a size from 8 to 9 mm is recommended.
- We select the size of the collar. It is directly related to the volume of the head of the dog and the girth of the neck. We check the collar like this: the head of the animal should barely pass through the noose.
- We will need for ringovki rings with a diameter of from 15 to 40 mm. The most important criterion for rings is a good slip along the cord. It is better to use for the manufacture of ringovki not welded rings, and solid.
- Cord with measured length melted on both sides. We fix the rings on it where they are usually installed. After that, the cord must be sewn with synthetic threads and melted ends of the thread. Melting is done with a lighter, soldering iron or matches. Make sure that the filaments do not weld on the braid during the scorching process.
- If you have not found the laces of the desired shade, then you can paint it with ordinary dyes for fabric, weave it yourself or to order.
- For a large dog, you should additionally put on a ring fixation. To do this, it is recommended to take the latches from the old jacket.
- You can supplement the “walker” with a crocodile by purchasing a special clip and setting the drawstring. With the help of this "clothespin" it is easy to tighten or loosen the noose around the neck of the pet. For large dogs, it is important that such a device was durable.
If the dog is large, and the dog ring made by yourself is unreliable, it is better to buy an accessory in the store.