Work began on the breeding of this famous breed in the mid-20th century. Soviet scientists worked hard to get the perfect representative of meat and egg direction. They used for breeding all information available at that time about genetics. Scientists have attracted for their experiments the best representatives of foreign chickens, as well as several domestic ones.
They wanted to get a bird that would take only the best qualities from its ancestors. To realize such a great goal, breeders had to spend more than one decade. Therefore, the final result appeared only in 1990.
At the same time, it was included in the standard as a representative of a universal direction, and began to be introduced to local and foreign poultry farmers at various exhibitions and conferences.
The ancestors of the chickens were the representatives of Australorp, Rhode Island, White Russian, New Hampshire, Livensky and Plymouth. Thanks to such a unique combination of genes, the Kuchinsky Anniversary breed of chickens obtained all the necessary qualities to earn the popularity and love of the poultry farmers.
In the process of selection, scientists did not focus on a bright appearance. The primary goal was to obtain excellent user characteristics. But, it is impossible to say that the birds have an inconspicuous appearance. There is a highlight in the characteristics of cockerels and chickens. It should be noted that representatives of both sexes have serious differences in appearance. Consider the characteristics of both sexes.
Appearance of cockerels
The Kuchins males inherited the main external characteristics from their ancestors from Rhode Island. They have a similar red color, brilliant, fluffy plumage. The main color is red-brown, and well-developed tail braids are black.
On the tummy and breast there may be red feathers with a black border, which together make up a rather interesting pattern. Roosters have a triangular shape of the body. Wide breast and belly, rounded back, powerful legs and thighs. The neck is a bit short, but covered with thick plumage, of rich color.
The wings are also small, pressed on the sides to the body. The head is oval in shape, rather large with a developed crest of a leaf-shaped and red color. Earrings are also large, striking. The face is completely devoid of stubble. Ear lobes are small, white or beige.
The average weight of such a stately handsome Kuchinsky rooster in adulthood is 3.5-4 kg.
Appearance of chickens
In comparison with roosters chickens look more modest. First, they are smaller and not so voluminous, although they have very magnificent forms. The average weight of the feathered beauty is about 3 kg. The expressive breast and tummy, the body is down to earth, has the shape of a trapezoid. Color - from red to light brown.
On the breast are feathers with a black pattern, and the short tail braids are also black, but without a green tint, like those of the leaders. Plumage with a lot of fluff, so the chugs do not freeze in their fur coats even in severe frosts.
The head is slightly smaller than that of the cockerels, and the comb with earrings, too. Everything else has almost no differences.
Kuchinsky Anniversary breed of chickens with character
The character of different breeds has always been different. But, winged heaps had numerous ancestors, she took from them all the best. The first thing that stands out is the Kuchinsky Anniversary breed of chickens, this is the irrepressible activity of the feathered herd.
Kuchinsky chickens do not tolerate enclosed spaces, are distinguished by love of freedom and immeasurable curiosity. As for the leaders, their character is slightly different. These proud leaders can sometimes show aggression, and they like to have order in everything, and they carefully observe their observance.
The family is noisy and noisy, although in general there are no problems for the owners.
Puberty and egg production
Households often choose such chickens who can stably supply the testicles and do it from an early age. Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens fits this description. As a rule, pullets begin to give their first testicles closer to 5-5.5 months.
It is extremely rare to have problems in maturation and development, and most often they are triggered by overfeeding birds.
It is important to understand that an obese, overfed pullet, will not be able to start laying at a certain age, and besides, it may also feel bad. Therefore, it is necessary to follow the recommendations regarding feeding at different ages.
Egg production figures are also impressive. Of course, the egg champion record holders, capable of producing up to 360-400 pieces a year, are very far away, but the Kuchinskaya Jubilee breed of chickens is one of the most productive in its direction.
For the year the beauty lays about 180-200 eggs, about 60 grams each. The shells are covered with light brown and dense shells.
Kuchinsky commemorative hens video
Kuchma chickens with a brooding instinct
The breeding process is very simple - nature and breeders made sure that the klush remains its basic instinct in its purest form. Thanks to a well-developed incubation instinct, birds independently reproduce offspring, care for them and this increases the survival rate among the young.
For season 1, the feathered beauty Kuchinsky hen hen can lift 2 generations of chickens to their feet and stay in good shape. Unfortunately, at the stage of incubation and care for the chicks, the clutch is suspended. But, very soon the hens will begin to work again for the benefit of their masters.
This is not the only advantage of Kuchinsky beauties. The fact is that they are often invited to replace the role of mommy to breed other breeds that have lost their incubation instinct.
Quarters with the same love and care are nursing other people's babies. Therefore, Kuchinsky chickens in the farm are very useful!
As it became clear, breeding Kuchintsev will not cause trouble. Moreover, babies already on the first day can be distinguished by gender.
The rooster babies have a lighter fluff, closer to the orange hue. Fluffy girls are future layers, covered with a darker down, brown or brown.
Kids grow up very quickly. By the first month of life can weigh about 700-800 grams, provided proper feeding. The percentage of survival depends on the conditions in which the young live.
On average, about 90-95% survive in young stock - this is the same figure as an adult herd. As a rule, the weakest die within 7 days after birth.
Despite the fact that the Kuchinsky Jubilee breed of chickens has frost resistance and is not afraid of cold weather, the chicks need warmth, especially the first 10 days of their life.
The secrets of effective cultivation are discussed below.
- After the cubs begin to spit under the leaflet, you need to let them dry out a bit and put them in a separate, previously prepared box with litter.
- Feed babies every 2 hours, and at night, take a break for 6-7 hours. You can set the feeder with ground dry grain, if the crumbs get hungry, they can peck.
- It is important to always remove food residues and disinfect dishes after each feeding with boiled eggs or other wet foods (cottage cheese, yogurt, porridge). Bacteria develop very rapidly in the nutrient medium and can harm the immature organisms.
- It is impossible for children in the early stages of their life to become wet, and for this reason it is necessary to install drinkers so that they cannot be turned over.
- Regularly monitor the temperature of the air, if the chicks do not live with their mother. Hypothermia can cause illness and even lead to death.
- Change the bedding on which chickens sleep, so that it does not serve as a breeding ground for pathogens.
- If possible, separate future males and hens, and keep them separately. And those and others need to be fed feed with high protein content. But, the clips need a little less feed, and from the 4th month they are transferred to a pre-tab ration.
Feeding an adult herd
The diet of hens in adulthood differs from that of the young. From the proper organization of food and the selection of products depends on the performance of feathered workers. To get the most from the winged family, you should follow a few rules.
- Feed more often, but gradually. Ideal - three meals. Do not overfill the feeders, because the layers can be even after saturation, and given their tendency to obesity, you can quickly get the problem.
- In the summer, you can clean the afternoon feeding and release a herd on green lawns - there they will not be left without food, and low calorie grass will save them from obesity.
- If it was not possible to save the workers and they became fat, limit the fats and carbohydrates in the diet, preferring vegetables and fresh greens.
- During active laying, add up to 10 grams of chalk or shells to food to cover the need for calcium.
- Winter feeding is almost the same as summer feeding, since even during this period, the Kuchinsky Jubilee breed of chickens continues to lay eggs. But, if the birds do not live in warmth, they should be given a little more feed.
Maintenance and care
Comfortable conditions of detention for the considered klushi - not the main thing. But, there are several features that must be considered when equipping a dwelling and walking.
- The frost-resistant hen does not need heating in winter, but it is unacceptable that the temperature in the poultry house falls below zero. In order to maintain warmth, it is necessary to properly lay a deep litter. In winter, it should not be replaced. Bacteria that are actively developing in it, serve as an additional source of heat. Their vital processes are directly related to the release of thermal energy.
- Floor maintenance is recommended, as the Kuchinsky chickens are quite large and clumsy — the perches can fall off and cause misfortunes not only for themselves, but also for their relatives.
- In extreme cases, you can settle the family in spacious cells. Some poultry farmers practice this, but it is better if the flock has the opportunity to walk.
- Walking is needed spacious, and the fence - not high. Do not be afraid that the birds will try to leave their territory - they can not fly.
- The rest of the rules are the same as others. Clean, disease prevention, protection from pests and rodents.
Shedding and break in laying
By the approach of the molting season, the poultry farmer needs to be more attentive to the winged family. This is a period that depletes chicks, therefore, in addition, it is useful to supplement them with vitamins and minerals, it is possible to give fish oil as a preventive measure.
In heaps, the process of molting is short - the break in laying lasts no longer than 1 month. Another break in the clutch may occur during the incubation period.
It is not a secret for anyone that every year the quings become less and less pleasing with their productivity. Kuchinsky - no exception. Therefore, poultry farmers recommend keeping jubilee chickens only during the peak period, and then sending them to slaughter, cultivating a worthy replacement for them - the young generation.
Kuchinsky chickens are generally not prone to diseases. If they are vaccinated, eat well and do not grow fat, do not worry about their health. The only thing that can annoy them - regular infection with parasites.
In order to protect the beauties from ticks, fleas and other troubles, they should be given the opportunity to take ash baths and periodically process the house.
- Kuchinsky chickens are prone to gaining excess weight.
- Rare cases of aggressive behavior in males.
Kuchinsky chickens are very common in Russia and abroad, and this suggests that the benefits are much greater, and they are more weighty than the disadvantages! Help make the klushu even more popular - share material on social networks with your friends!
Sign up for site updates to be the first to read new publications about feathered workers!
Successes and well-being to you!
In the comments you can add your photos of laying hens, rooster and chickens!
Like this article? Share with your friends in social networks:
In 1949, specialists from the Kuchinsky Institute, the Agricultural Academy named after KA Timiryazev, and the Institute of General Genetics named after N. I. Vavilov of the USSR Academy of Sciences began work on breeding a new breed of meat and egg hens.
For numerous crossings, imported egg, meat and meat-egg breeds were used: Australorp, Rhode Island, white and brown leggorn, white and striped Plymouth. Domestic breeds were also used: Russian white and liven calico hens. In the process of hybridization, a Kuchin pedigree group of heavy-type meat and egg chickens was created.
In 1954, in connection with the 25th anniversary of the “Kuchinsky” Park, the anniversary name was added to the breed name.
In the 80s of the twentieth century, the specialization of the breed group was changed to the general user type. In 1989, the first standard of the Kuchino jubilee breed was developed, approved in 1990 by the State Commission under the USSR Council of Ministers.
Breed description and photos
In 1993, VNITIP issued methodological recommendations containing a description of the breed, conditions of detention, regulatory performance indicators and distinctive features of Kuchinsky anniversary chickens.
The authors of the recommendations paid special attention to the distinctive features of the anniversary breed:
- good bird acclimation to local conditions and unique vitality,
- high potential for further breeding, resistance to genetic deformations and degeneration,
- pronounced sex differences in chickens at an early age (autosexuality),
- rapid weight gain in young animals (by 2.5 months, young animals weigh up to 1.5 kg),
- excellent taste and energy qualities of meat and eggs.
Snow-white High Line chickens - all about keeping, feeding and breeding.
Learn a lot of interesting things about birds with an unusual appearance - Harefoot.
Productivity Kuchinsky Jubilee Breed
Bringing a new breed, genetics retained the best pedigree qualities of the breeding birds used: egg production, precocity, high preservation of the young.
Kuchinskaya jubilee egg production is 180-240 pieces per year.
The characteristic of production and economic indicators of Kuchinsky jubilee is one of the best among meat and egg type hens:
- Egg production is 180-240 pieces per year. Dense, smooth shells of eggs of varying color intensity - from creamy-red to brown.
- Egg size is average, 58-60 g.
- The bird reaches sexual maturity for 180 days.
- Fertilization of eggs reaches a level of 95%, hatchability of chicks 77-87%.
- The safety of chickens and young stock is high, according to the Kuchinsky GPPZ, up to 98.7%, adults up to 95%.
- The live weight of 8-week-old chicks is 1.2-1.5 kg. Chickens at the age of 20 weeks according to the standard reach 2 kg, in the 52-weekly 2.7-3 kg.
- The live weight of roosters at 20 weeks - 2.4 kg, at 52 weeks - 3.4-4 kg.
- The quality of meat is high, about 25.3% protein is contained in the breast.
- Beautiful presentation. The meat is white, dense, elastic, without "hemp".
Important. Adults of laying hens may temporarily suspend laying for a period of periodic molting.
Appearance and sex differences
Chickens are distinguished by their strong build, which is inherent in all birds of meat and meat and egg directions.
The rooster and chicken stati are similar, but there are some differences:
- The jubilee has a medium-sized head with a red one, developed by a small, leaf-shaped comb, with five distinctly divided teeth. Scallop set high, straight. The thickened base of the comb follows the shape of the head. The flag (ridge blade) is short.
- The beak of males and females is yellow-brown. Thick, powerful, medium in length, with a pronounced bend downwards.
- Face with soft, soft, smooth skin, reddish in color, with large, round, bulging eyes.
- Earrings are soft, smooth, without skin folds, medium in length, with a rounded bottom edge. Large oval lobes fit snugly to the head.
The roosters are distinguished by an average tail with a more pronounced slope.
Important. Куры крапчатого окраса отличаются более крупным гребешком, со свисающим от середины задним концом.
Стандарт допускает три вида окраса оперения кучинских юбилейных кур:
- с двойной очерченностью,
Подвид с двойной очерченностью (черно-красный) отличается тем, что:
- У петухов перья в гриве на шее и оплечье, маховые перья крыльев — двухцветные. The main background is a black core and the ends of the feather are bordered with an ocher-red shiny border. The head is red-red. The top of the neck is golden, the front of the neck is black. The upper part of the back is covered with feathers from black to the middle and iridescent saturated-red at the end of the fan. The saddle is golden red.
- Cocktail tail feathers are black. Long and short braids - iridescent black and emerald. Covering feathers of brilliant saturated red-red color.
- The main color of the wings of roosters - black. Violet-covered feathers and ocher-red blotches form a black band on the wing with a gleam of purple in color, visible on the surface of the wing when it is folded. On the chest are black feathers with red-red spots in the form of an oval that extends along the stem. On the belly feathers are dark gray, almost black. The thigh at the bottom is black.
- In chickens, each feather on the back, wings, torso, front of the neck, thighs with two arc outlines. The head is golden red. On a neck a black collar with a yellow-red border. The core of the pen is yellow-red. The back is yellow-red with a black border.
- The tail feathers of the hens are black, except for the two upper ones with the black upper side and the red one with the inner one. Covering tail feathers saturated red color with black hem. The wings, chest, abdomen, and thighs of hens are covered with rich-red feathers with a black border.
- On the head of the hens, feathers with a golden brown basic background and black stripes on the sides of the rod, which connect at the end to a common black spot. The feathers in the mane on the neck are black. They have a narrow golden-brown border and a rod of identical color. The back is golden brown. On the chest and body are golden-brown feathers with a black border around the edges.
- Roosters have tail tail feathers and a kositsa - a green-casting green. The covering feather is iridescent brown, along the rod on both sides there are two black stripes. On the black wings there is a golden-brown wing arc and a wing strip with a black feather tip. Abdomen and poduh dark ash tint.
In speckled (kuropchatogo, calico) subspecies:
- The color of the cocks is identical to the color of the black and red cocks.
- The hens on the head and neck have feathers with an orange-brown stem, bordered on both sides with a black stripe, and a red border edged at the edges of the hem. Calico black and brown back. Wings, with lots of black specks and ocher chest with black specks. Gray, dark gray, rarely yellow, legs and toes. The tail braids are black.
Features of maintenance and care
The breed is adapted to the climate of all regions of Russia. Kuchinsky chickens easily tolerate cold, heat, high humidity. They go out with pleasure even in cold weather.
For Kuchinsky anniversary chickens, it is enough to build a dragon-sheltered chicken coop with a litter on the floor, ordinary drinkers and feeders.
Chickens friendly, quickly get used to the owners. Separate keeping of young animals and adults is not required.
To ensure high egg production, 13-15 hens need only one rooster.
For Kuchinsky anniversary chickens, it is enough to build a dragon-protected chicken coop with a litter on the floor.
Important. Kuchinsky anniversary chickens perfectly tolerate cellular content.
Feeding Kuchinsky chickens
Kuchinsky unpretentious and to feed. From spring to autumn, the bulk of the required feed (up to 60% of the total daily allowance) they produce in free range.
In winter, be sure to add to the feed of any type (feed, mash) greens, vegetables, vitamin and mineral supplements.
The breed is prone to obesity, which leads to the rejection of egg laying and various diseases. It is important not to overfeed the bird.
In the warm season Kuchinsky chickens walk on the street and find food there.
More than half of the layers voluntarily sit on the laying. Chickens selflessly hatch eggs and often forget about food and water. Even in cold spring, the hen is able to warm the clutch at 30, and in warm weather, and more, eggs.
If eggs are laid in an incubator, they should be disinfected beforehand in direct sunlight for about 20 minutes (see how to properly prepare the eggs for incubation).
On the photo hatching eggs Kuchinsky anniversary chickens.
For friendly hatching, the following temperature and humidity conditions are observed:
- from 1st to 11th day: t + 37.8- 38 ° C, humidity 64-68%,
- 12-17 day: t + 37.2-37.4 ° C, humidity 52-55%,
- 18-19 days: t + 37.2-37.4 ° C, humidity 46-48%,
- 20-25 days: t + 36.9-37.1 ° C, humidity 64-68%.
Every three days the room is ventilated. Incubator chicks begin to hatch after 20-25 days.
Chickens have a high viability, their content requires compliance with the simplest rules. In a room with chickens under the age of 3 days, the temperature is kept no higher than + 30 ° C. After the appearance of feathery feathers every 10 days, the temperature in the chicken coop is reduced by 3-5 ° C until it reaches + 20 ° C.
Chickens jubilee chicks have a high viability.
In the first 30 days, chickens are provided with round-the-clock access to feed, they monitor its freshness. The diet common for chicks meat and egg breeds: greens, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, cereals, grains, bran, chopped carrots.
After 10 days, cake, boiled fish, bread are gradually introduced into the diet.
The sex of Kuchinsky anniversary chickens is easily determined on the 25-30 day after birth with an accuracy of 85-96%. Young cockerels have red-red backs and light wings, the hens in the plumage of the back have feathers with a black border, the wings are dark.
Kuchinsky chickens are divided by sex at the age of 1 month.
Where to buy an egg and breeding bird
The main supplier of purebred material is the federal state unitary enterprise “Kuchinsky” in the town of Balashikha, Moscow region (http://www.kuchinskiy.ru). Here you can buy breeding eggs, diurnal and grown chickens.
Adult chickens and roosters are offered by private farms of Ecofasenda in the Moscow region (http://ecofazenda.ru).
Feedback from farmers
Marina. In the opinion of farmers, the Kuchinskaya Jubilee Jubilee is one of the most profitable breeds for breeding in private farms.
Oleg Veniaminovich. Dumplings are great! Legs plump, plump asses, feathers shimmer. Eggs may not be the largest, but they are many and constant, even in winter.
Watch a detailed video review of the popular breed of chickens Kuchinsky Jubilee.
Sergei. For a long time I keep the anniversary Kuchinsky. In the content and feed do not require any frills. The coop is not heated. I keep the hens no longer than two years, as soon as I notice that there are fewer eggs - noodles. And the meat is excellent and satisfying. This year I will expand. Already building a new chicken coop.
Ivan I breed Kuchinsky cockerels for meat. I score four months. The weight is good, almost like a broiler. Males are extremely gallant and active gentlemen. Chickens leave only for breeding. Egg, though beautiful, but small. In general, the breed is very comfortable, does not strain on care and nutrition.
Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens
The Kuchinsky anniversary breed of chickens is considered young, since it was registered only as a separate species in 1990. The breed was created by domestic breeders, and the species got its name in honor of the name of the Kuchinsky poultry-farming plant, at which breeding work was carried out.
At the same time, the work of geneticists and breeders lasted about 40 years. Initially, scientists were able to create birds with good meat characteristics, and it was only by further crossing that the meat productivity of the breed could be supplemented with good egg production.
Figure 1. Representatives of the breed
It is noteworthy that many other species were used for breeding. In addition to the well-known breeds, the Russian White, New Hampshire, Australorp, and Plymouth, a rare local breed, the Livnian chickens, was used in breeding work. This combination of foreign and domestic breeds has made it possible to create birds that are well adapted to the climatic conditions of our country, but at the same time have good meat and egg productivity (Figure 1).
Description breed Kuchinsky anniversary hen
Outwardly, Kuchinsky chickens are very stately and immediately attract the eye. They are distinguished by their even strong back and wide, convex chest. A small head with a curved down beak goes into a long and strong neck.
Note: There are significant differences between females and males of the breed. First, the males have a larger, five-prong, leaf-shaped crest. Secondly, in the males, the posterior part of the crest is slightly smaller than the anterior, whereas this characteristic is not characteristic of the hens.
Kuchinsky commemorative chickens, in principle, have a peace-loving character, quickly adapt to new living conditions and get used to the person. But at the same time, they absolutely cannot stand the neighborhood with other birds, so it is better to keep the heaps in a separate pen, fenced from other chickens. Otherwise, fights may arise between the birds, which in some cases even lead to the death of the livestock.
Since the breed is considered universal, it is kept not only in private farms, but also in large poultry farms. In the latter case, the livestock is kept mostly in cages, but at home it is better to give preference to keeping in the house and on the free range. In such conditions, chickens will gain weight much faster, and their egg production will increase.
As mentioned above, the Kuchino jubilee breed belongs to the meat-and-egg production direction:
- By the age of 2.5 months, males reach a weight of 2 kg, and chickens, 1.5 kg. Adult birds of one year old reach a maximum weight of 4 kg for males and a little less than 3 kg for females.
- The laying period in females begins at six months of age. In just one year, each individual can bring up to 200 eggs.
- With a sufficiently high egg production, chickens do not have a high feed intake. On average, a little more than 2 kg of feed will suffice to produce 10 eggs of one individual.
In addition, representatives of this species are well adapted to living in a harsh climate, but some features still need to be considered when breeding this breed. We will look at these nuances in the following sections.
How to deal with the disadvantages of the breed
Kuchinsky anniversary chickens have many advantages. First, they perfectly adapt to new living conditions and tolerate low temperatures well. Secondly, even in the conditions of a cold climate and an average nutritional ration, birds quickly gain weight and maintain egg productivity. In addition, members of the species are resistant to major diseases of poultry.
Note: The hens of the Kuchinsky jubilee breed are distinguished by a well-developed incubation instinct; therefore, at home, the incubator cannot be used to replenish the stock of young stock: females willingly incubate eggs and look after the young.
However, this breed has several obvious flaws that directly affect the conditions of the housing and feeding of birds. First of all, it should be borne in mind that cockerels and even hens of the Kuchin breed do not like other domestic birds and often fight with them. This instinct is activated when crowded content or in the presence of a general range for representatives of different breeds and species. In order to prevent fights between birds, it is necessary to keep the Kuchinsky chickens on a separate range and equip a spacious poultry house.
It should also be noted that representatives of the species are prone to weight gain and obesity. As a result, the meat becomes too fat and loses its taste and nutritional qualities. To avoid this, it is necessary to strictly follow a balanced diet for feeding livestock.
Features of the appearance of Kuchinsky anniversary chickens
The main external qualities of the breed are large build, massive bones and a large enough weight. Unlike other breeds bred by breeders, the Kuchinskaya jubilee is not distinguished by a wide variety of color. Birds can be either light brown or golden with a gray underfly. Any black blotches for chickens are considered unacceptable, and are a reason for rejection of individuals for breeding.
Note: Cocks, in comparison with hens, are colored more brightly, and black feathers may be present on the chest and tail.
Since the birds have an impressive weight, they have strong, but not very tall legs. The head is medium and decorated with a leaf-shaped comb of the correct form and bright red ear lobes. When buying chickens of a Kuchin breed, experienced poultry farmers recommend paying attention to the shade of down chicks. Already at the age of one day, they are covered with a thick down of a deep fawn shade, with the chest and abdomen much lighter, and on the back there are dark stripes from head to tail. At this age, you can determine the sex of the bird: in males, the wings are light, and in the hens they are dark.
If we talk about the color of Kuchinsky chickens, then this breed can have two variants of plumage:
- Edged: This subspecies is easiest to identify by roosters. Males have feathers on their heads painted in a rich golden-brown color, and each feather has black stripes that form a dark spot at the end of the feather. In addition, the birds are characterized by the presence of a black collar, which changes color to golden in the direction of the back. The tail feathers are predominantly black, but brown plumage is allowed. On wings, a chest and a stomach the black border is well looked through. Chickens are colored about the same, but slightly lighter than roosters.
- Double delineated: this subspecies also has a distinctive feature characteristic of males. Their head is painted a bright red color, and the dominant shade of the collar is black, although there may be inclusions of red feathers. In addition, the cockerel has a black tail with a greenish tint of a feather. The belly is covered with gray feathers, and the chest is black, although there is a small ginger spot on each feather. The chickens are dominated by a light reddish plumage, but on all the feathers of the body there is a characteristic double edging.
Despite the fact that these subspecies of the breed differ in their external characteristics, they completely coincide in the direction of productivity, therefore, the choice of subspecies depends mainly on the preferences of the owner (Figure 2).
How to display heaps correctly
In order for the Kuchinsky commemorative chickens to appear on your farm, you must either immediately buy adult individuals and use them for further breeding, or purchase hatching eggs and breed the chicks yourself in an incubator (Figure 3).
Note: Acquisition of hatching eggs of the breed is not difficult, as the heaps are considered to be very common in our country.
If the farm already has representatives of this breed, you can use the method of natural breeding. Chickens are excellent chicks and well incubated and raised young. However, it should be borne in mind that for the full rearing of chicks, chickens need special care.
First of all, it should be borne in mind that immediately after hatching, young stock must be warm, therefore it is better to keep them in a dry and well heated room. In the first ten days of life, the temperature is maintained at +30 degrees, and then gradually reduced to +20. In addition, it is necessary to properly organize the schedule for feeding the young. The chickens of the Kuchinsky Jubilee breed quickly gain weight, but for this, in the first month of their lives, feed delivery should be carried out every two hours, and the night break without feeding should be no more than six hours. As they grow older, the youngsters are transferred to a six-fold feeding, but if you want the chicks to quickly gain weight, you should take care that the food in their feeders is constantly present.
Figure 3. Chickens after hatching in an incubator
It should be borne in mind that the young of this breed is very susceptible to intestinal disorders, therefore, it is impossible to allow the food in the feeders to sour.
How to keep Kuchinsky anniversary chickens
Since the Kuchinskaya anniversary breed was bred by breeders, it is not considered demanding to the conditions of detention. Scientists initially created a breed that would be adapted to the cold climate, so adults normally tolerate a decrease in temperature and do not need additional heating of the chicken coop (Figure 4).
Figure 4. Features of livestock
The hen house for keeping heaps should be spacious, but it is desirable that these chickens are kept separately from other poultry. The fact is that the representatives of this breed are very aggressive towards strangers, and when in contact with other birds they can fight. Based on these features, it is desirable for Kuchinsky chickens not only to set up a separate house, but also to walk.
If you are not able to build a separate chicken coop, it is better to keep heaps in the cages. In this case, the egg production of birds is not reduced, but they are not in contact with other birds and do not show aggression. Кроме того, при клеточном содержании владелец может контролировать количество потребляемых кормов, чтобы не допустить развития ожирения.
Кормление кучинских юбилейных кур также не представляет особых сложностей:
- Недавно вылупившихся цыплят начинают кормить измельченным отварным яйцом, а по мере взросления рацион начинают дополнять рубленой зеленью, корнеплодами, костной мукой и белковыми добавками.
- Adult individuals must receive grain and vitamin-mineral supplements, which should preferably be placed in a separate feeder.
- Dry feeds can also be used to feed the hens, but their consumption must be strictly controlled so that birds do not develop obesity.
Drinking troughs should be placed in the house and on the run, in which clean water should always be kept.
Breeds of chickens, similar to Kuchinsky jubilee
Since the Kuchinskaya anniversary breed of chickens was bred by crossing several species, it looks very similar to another species - the American New Hampshire breed of chickens. In particular, the similarity is expressed in the color of the cockerels, although upon careful consideration of the shades of feathers, the difference between the breeds will still be noticeable.
The fact is that for the production of the Kuchinsky breed local Livnian chickens were also used, which is characterized by a motley spotted color (Figure 5). In combination with the brightness of the New Hampshire, a modern Kuchinskaya anniversary breed was obtained.
Figure 5. Similar breeds (from left to right): Kuchinsky Jubilee, New Hampshire and Liven
From the video you will learn even more useful information about the Kuchinskaya anniversary breed of chickens and the peculiarities of its breeding.
Breed Description, Differences Rooster from Chicken
Kuchinsky chickens - stately and bright birds. They have a strong, even back, wide and bulging chest. The beak is bent down, the neck is long and strong. It is very simple to distinguish cocks from hens: the crest of the cocks is leaf-like with five teeth, the rear ones being noticeably longer than the front ones, it is slightly smaller in the hens.
The nature of these birds is peace-loving, they are quickly tamed and get used to new people, but they often show aggression to foreign chickens.
Chickens adapt to living in a cage, but on personal subsidiary farms it is customary to keep them in poultry houses with a range. This breed can be found not only in private farms, but also in large poultry farms.
Performance characteristics of layers
Kuchinsky commemorative chickens are related to meat and egg production. Representatives of this breed have the following quantitative characteristics:
- weight of young stock (at the age of 10 weeks): roosters - 1.8-2 kg, chickens - 1.4-1.5 kg,
- adult bird weight: roosters - about 4 kg, hens - 2.8-3 kg,
- egg production - from 180 to 200 eggs (layers begin to be born at 6 months)
- the weight of one testicle is about 60 grams, brown shell,
- on 10 eggs consumed about 2.4 kg of feed.
Distinctive feature of roosters - saturated golden-brown color of feathers of the head. Each feather has black stripes that form a black speck at the end.
The collar is black, but to the back turns into a bright golden. The tail feathers are mostly black, but there are also brown. On the stomach, chest and wings visible black border.
Chickens have feathers on their heads that are lighter than those of cockerels. In general, the colors of males and females are similar, but the chickens are slightly lighter.
A distinctive feature of these roosters is a bright red head. The main color of the collar is black, but there are also red feathers with the same bright red stem.
The tail is black with a greenish tint. It also has bright red covering feathers. The chest has a black color, but on each feather there is a small speck of red color. Feathers on the belly - gray.
Chickens have a light red head. Feathers on the whole body have two edging, which creates the effect of black spraying. The collar is black-red (you can see bright red rods on each feather).
Features breeding and cultivation
Only the brightest representatives of the breed participate in breeding. Chickens kept in a dry room on a litter or net.
It supports the following temperature conditions:
- Week 1 - 25 о С indoors, 34 о С under the lamp,
- 2 week - 23 o C indoors, 32 o C under the lamp,
- 3 week - 21 о С indoors, 29 о С under the lamp,
- 4 week - 19 о С indoors, 25 о С under the lamp (by the month we remove it completely).
The fledged chickens do not need additional heating, but the temperature in the room where they are kept should not fall below 18-19 degrees (in the first 1-2 months of life).
Feeding Chickens and Adult Birds
Birds Kuchinsky breed unpretentious to the diet. They are fed with balanced feed, grain, and moist food. Chickens from the first days of life give a finely chopped boiled eggwhich roll in semolina.
As they grow, greens, boiled potatoes and carrots, various additives (bone meal, etc.), cottage cheese, and fish are introduced into the diet. At the age of 2-3 weeks, chickens begin to get acquainted with cereals and grain (they are ground at first).
Adult chickens are fed with mixtures of different types of grain or mixed fodder. In separate feeders should be mineral supplements and gravel.
Once a day the hens are given a wet mash, but make sure that such food does not stand in the house for a long time, as it quickly sours. Chickens and chickens should have water around the clock (make sure that the drinkers are not contaminated).
Common diseases and their treatment
Here is a list of diseases that develop when improperly fed birds:
- Avitaminosis, or deficiency of vitamins in the body of chickens. Negatively affects growth and productivity. Symptoms: delayed development, poor appetite, convulsions, conjunctivitis, digestive disorders. Treatment is simple - the inclusion in the diet of essential vitamins.
- Cannibalismor chanting chickens. Observed with a deficiency of protein in the diet. The treatment is feeding the birds with complete feed.
- Gastroenteritisor intestinal upset. The reason - the feeding of poultry substandard products. In chickens, body temperature rises, appetite decreases, feces become greenish and liquid. Chickens are transferred to lightweight rations and given antibiotics.
Advantages and disadvantages of the breed
The positive aspects of Kuchinsky chickens include: unpretentiousness to the content, the possibility of growing in cages and walking, daily chickens differ by sex, excellent productive indicators (meat quality and egg production), large eggs, a high percentage of hatching of young animals.
The disadvantages to the sides of the bird include: chickens aged 2 years and older are prone to obesity, and egg production is noticeably reduced in chickens older than 2 years.
Reviews about the breed Kuchinskaya anniversary
Farmers in the reviews note that the Kuchinsky Jubilee hens are rather nervous and active. They have medium-sized eggs. When overfeeding chickens begin to rush worse, so you should monitor the amount of food being fed. Many farmers like what these birds rush even at low temperatures (+ 3 ... + 5 degrees).
Kuchinsky anniversary chickens - a favorite breed of many poultry farmers. They are highly productive, fast-paced, and perfectly adapted to any conditions. Be sure to follow the feeding regime, and then Kuchinsky chickens will not bring you much trouble.
Kuchinsky Jubilee breed of chickens refers to meat and egg breeds - this means that it has high rates of meat, egg production, as well as the size of the egg itself. Meat has excellent taste and high protein content - 25% protein!
Description: according to standards, by the 20th and 52nd week, the breed must reach certain weight indicators. Compliance with these standards affects taste and egg production.
By the 8th week, the Kuchinsky chicks increase their live weight 2 times.
By the 20th week, roosters weigh 3 kilograms, and chickens 2 kilograms.
After reaching these parameters, the increase is significantly reduced. Further content for the sake of meat becomes unprofitable and if it was more important for chickens to get meat, then chickens are sent for slaughter. It is during this period that the meat becomes especially tasty.
Egg production and egg size
Sweep Kuchinsky Anniversary chickens begin early. Already at 5.5 months the chicken can carry the first egg, but the first six months are not considered to be incubatory.
Although eggs can be fertilized, the offspring of them is less viable than eggs laid after 7 months of age.
If the chicken eats properly, then the egg yolk has a bright, rich yellow color. And the egg itself reaches a weight of 58 to 60 grams! These are really large eggs.
Happy egg laying chickens. For the year, the Kuchinskaya Yubileinaya chicken is capable of laying from 180 to 240 eggs. The shell has a pleasant, light brown color with a pinkish tinge.
With the right balanced nutrition and a long light day, the hens also rush in the winter, the main thing is that the temperature in the coop should not be below +4 degrees.
Rest only 2-3 weeks, during the molting period.
Orel Livenki gave the breed Kuchinskaya Jubilee adaptability to local conditions and amazing vitality. And foreign breeds gave excellent survival of offspring.
The Kuchinsky Jubilees easily tolerate Russian frosts and, with a balanced diet and care, do not lose their working performance throughout the entire working period of their lives. The breed is not subject to degeneration, despite its selective pedigree and does not suffer from genetic diseases.
The bird has high rates of growth, so taking care of their proper feeding is necessary from the first minutes of life of the chicks. As soon as they have dried and started to move, it is necessary to make the first complementary feeding, the further increase in chickens depends on it.
Feed of the first feeding should consist of hard boiled, peeled, and ground eggs with the addition of semolina for flowability and calorie content.
On the second day, green herbs, such as alfalfa, clover, nettle, are gradually added to the feed. It is good to add 2-3% baker's yeast.
On the third day, you can gradually eliminate the eggs, replacing them with chopped hard vegetables. Suitable: carrots, pumpkin, beets, potatoes, peas.
On the fourth day, be sure to add mineral supplements to the feeder. In a separate feeder, put gravel, sand, lime feed, wood ash (better than deciduous trees).
The first 10 days feed chicks every 2 hours, including the night.
Further, up to 30 days of age, the number of feedings is reduced, with intervals of 3.5-4 hours.
Be sure from the first days make sure that the chickens were filling their fill and going to bed with full goiters. It depends on how quickly pets will grow.
After 30 days, bone meal, boiled fish, bread crumbs are added to the chicks. After 50 days, add salt.
After 70 days, the chicken is considered an adult and is transferred to a common chicken coop for common food.
The diet of an adult Kuchinsky chicken should consist of a special dry compound feed for domestic chicken meat and egg breed, as it is perfectly balanced and will allow your bird to quickly grow. Also in separate troughs, grain of different varieties is poured, vitamins and minerals are added.
But overfeeding the bird is also not worth it. Due to the rapid growth and weight gain, an excess of food can lead to obesity, which negatively affects the taste characteristics of meat and egg production.
Dampness is harmful to the bird! She can get wet, forgive, get sick and die.
Also for the wet down the bird is more difficult to care for and get rid of parasites. Therefore, it is better to buy a drinking bowl nipple. Water should be plenty, always fresh and it should be in easily accessible places. Better if it is warm.
Kuchinsky Jubilee breed of chickens breeding description
Birds have a pronounced maternal instinct. They are so selflessly hatching eggs that a week can not get up from the eggs and not eat. At this time, it is necessary to remove the hen from the nest and bring it to the feeder, otherwise it may bring itself to exhaustion and die.
The first 10 days after the birth of chickens, the temperature in the room where the chickens will grow should be at least +30 degrees.
Then gradually reduce to +20.
To incubate the hen it is better to equip a special box, which is placed in the farthest corner, away from drafts and direct sunlight. So the hen will be calmer, and she will not forgive.
The layer remains with the young until it reaches the age of 4 weeks, hence the high survival rate.
Chicken house equipment and maintenance
Chickens of the Kuchinsky Jubilee breed have a very accommodating nature and do not cause much trouble, but the roosters are terrible owners. They are ready to defend their territory and their harem to the last.
It also has a beneficial effect on productive performance. In the absence of a rooster, chickens may become depressed and stop rolling. Still, in order to avoid trouble, it is better to separate families from each other and from other animals.
For laying eggs, separate boxes are installed in which the litter is laid in the form of hay or something similar. There must be at least 6 boxes for one family.
Birds sleep on special pens. The room should be easily ventilated, with a small window for light.