Miniature Pinscher (Miniature Pinscher) today regains its well-deserved popularity. The one who, having heard the "miniature pinscher", represents a tiny creature on thin bending legs, trembling and falling into hysterics for any reason, is deeply mistaken. The Miniature Pinscher is the king of miniature dogs, a brave defender and the undisputed leader.
The homeland of the miniature pincher is Germany. Officially, this breed is represented in the world for over 250 years. But in the XV century. There are descriptions of dogs that look like miniature pincher. On the canvases of the XVII century. shows a dog that looks like a miniature pincher. It is believed that the ancestor of the breed is a black and tan terrier that was brought out of Albion. He became the basis for a miniature German dog.
At first, the miniature pinscher lived in stables and outbuildings, destroyed rodents and protected property from thieves. Later, the Miniature Pinscher settled in the house and became house pets. Purposefully, this breed was introduced in Germany only in the 19th century in accordance with the standard that was approved in the 80th year of the 17th century.
In 1920, dwarf Pincher were transported to America, and already in 1925, the first club of fans of these charming kids appeared here. The tribal book for this year contained more than 1,300 entries. In England, the miniature pinscher settled only in 1950.
In the twentieth century, the miniature pinscher began to rapidly win the hearts of dog lovers. Officially, the name of the breed was fixed Zwergpinscher, but in some countries there is its own, the usual name of the breed. For example, in Russia it is more familiar to sound like a miniature pinscher, in the USA and Great Britain it is mini Doberman or mini pinscher.
Description of the breed Miniature Pinscher (Miniature Pinscher)
Dwarf Pinscher - an animal folded harmoniously, in the exterior it has no signs characteristic of dwarfism:
- There are very tough options. growth (in withers 25-30 cm) of the animal. Weight An adult dog is 4-6 kg.
- Torso compact, muscular, dry, with a deep square chest, somewhat sloping back and protruding withers.
- Front paws medium length, muscular, straight, set at a distance. Elbows have the correct location, not turned out and not substituted. Its paw is somewhat like a cat's, with tightly arched toes and of medium length with black claws.
- Eyes necessarily dark in color, somewhat almond-shaped, with no signs of bulging. Located on the face far apart, the eyelids are tightly closed and have a dark pigmentation on the edge.
- Head - clearly delineated, triangular shape. Nose with a black mirror, straight back. The shape of the skull is oblong, smoothly turning into a gracefully curved neck. The forehead is smooth and has not a sharp, but pronounced transition to the base of the nose.
- Jaws closed in a scissor bite, strong, with a full set of (42) teeth. Despite the fact that the chewing muscles are well developed, they do not break the contours and do not protrude on the cheekbones. Lips pigmented black, closed all over.
- Ears set high, standing or slightly hanging, triangular, giving a small dog a warlike look. Sometimes the ears stop, but this is not mandatory.
- The neck is rather long, has a smooth, noble bend without a pronounced transition to the withers. The skin is tight, no wrinkles and suspension or dewlap.
- The torso is strong, muscular, compact due to the fact that the distance from the lower edge of the costal arch to the thigh is small. The lower abdomen forms a soft roundness, turning into the groin. Tail in some countries, they stop, but most often - natural.
Intra-breed types from different countries have some differences. American dogs have a compact, dry body with harmoniously traced muscles. They amaze with their grace and refinement. The mini-pinchers from Israeli breeders on the exterior are surprisingly similar to Dobermans and have a beautiful sweeping lynx.
Powerful, muscular with a chunky torso, German mini-pinschers and beautiful in their natural calm Scandinavians, too, have their fans.
The mini-pinscher has a short, shiny, hard coat that does not hide the disadvantages of addition and additionally emphasizes the strict, noble silhouette of the dog. FCI standard allows two types of color - black lacquer with clear outlines of saturated tan and red (deer).
The black and tan color is characterized by smooth, shiny black hair and contrasting ocher burnes located above the eyes, on the lower part of the neck, on the metacarpals and paws, from the inside of the thigh on the hind legs and on the bottom of the base of the tail. There are clearly defined triangular markings on the chest, on both sides of the center line.
Oleniy color varies in different shades of thick brown with a reddish sheen. It is solid, without scorch. A miniature nose mirror should have a black color, regardless of color. An exception is allowed for chocolate color with rust-colored burns. They nose can be brown.
Self-confidence is the main character trait of a courageous baby. In addition, the mini-pinscher features:
- pride - the dog does not tolerate reprimands with an increase in tone, especially physical punishment,
- devotion - he is devoted to his family and extremely distrustful of strangers. It protects owners even from oversized animals. But this dog expects the owner to lead him, otherwise he will take over the “leadership”
- excellent guard - guard qualities are manifested in the miniature pinscher by 4 months. He courageously expresses the barking attitude towards uninvited guests and attacks, warning of serious intentions to protect the good of the hosts,
- leadership skills. The dog in the family gets along well with other animals, but always tries to take a leading position, even if its neighbor is a big fighting dog,
- fearlessness - despite its miniature size, the dog has strong jaws, sharp teeth and a mind that will help to cope with the enemy, superior in strength,
- vigor - the dog is tireless, inquisitive. In it, energy beats the key, which makes it an indispensable companion of sports, mobile people. Playfulness and nimbleness in the absence of control requires an exit, and the dog can “turn upside down” an apartment,
- balance - with all its qualities, the pinscher is not prone to "tantrums", rarely making a fuss without reason. Thanks to a sharp mind, the dog analyzes what is happening around him and reacts accordingly. With proper upbringing, this is a reasonable and sober-minded dog,
- high adaptability - thanks to a strong nervous system, intelligence, resourcefulness and friendliness, the dog quickly adapts to changing conditions.
The bright, multifaceted character of the miniature pinscher attracts many dog lovers, but it is worth remembering that this dog is not suitable for everyone.
Training of the dwarf pinscher is mainly aimed at controlling the leadership claims. It is recommended to begin training in 3-4 months when the puppy's nervous system is already formed, and he is ready to understand the requirements and execute the commands.
The basis of the training is based on the natural inclinations of dogs. Training should develop useful skills in the dog and minimize individual character flaws. The desire to establish leadership, aggressiveness with age can turn a dog into an evil creature, bringing only trouble.
Hardness in training is obligatory, but you should work on the miniature pintchera with patience, only in extreme cases introducing punishment. The trainer should be aware of the proud, touchy nature of the dog. Rudeness and pity are equally unacceptable in raising a dog. He is very clever, and indulging his whims will quickly grow into manipulation.
But in general, the miniature pinscher lends itself well to training and, with the right approach, an intelligent, devoted, balanced companion grows out of an active, playful puppy.
Care and health
Miniature Pinscher is a dog with good health. On average, he lives about 13 years. Despite its miniature size, the miniature pinscher is not a pampered indoor dog that requires greenhouse conditions. You can walk with him in the cold, for protection from the cold, they need minimal “clothes” that do not constrain movements.
For the prevention of infectious diseases, timely vaccination is necessary. In addition, there are genetically determined pathologies:
If the owner knows about the risk of these hereditary diseases and properly cares for the dog, regularly visits the veterinarian, then with good care the dog is able to live to 15-18 years.
Like any dog, a miniature pinscher requires the care of hair and paws, the cleaning of ears, teeth and eyes. Proper diet, regular walks help maintain physical fitness and health. But the care of the miniature pincher is minimal. Its dense, without bald patches, well-fitting wool does not require special care. It is enough to clean it from dust and loose hairs with a brush or hard gloves.
Dogs like this grooming, as they are very clean by nature. Wash dogs should be if the hair is very dirty. Due to the thin fat layer, the skin of a dog is prone to drying out and does not tolerate frequent exposure to detergents. When bathing the dog is better to use a special shampoo with protein. The rest of the time, smooth hair is enough to wipe with a damp cloth and comb out, which will ensure an enhanced blood supply to the bulbs, growth and strengthening of the hair.
Clean your ears, eyes, and teeth from childhood. So the puppy quickly gets used to the procedures and perceives them as natural. The health of Zwergpincher depends largely on nutrition.
Feeding of tsverg
The diet for a miniature pinscher is important, since a lack of minerals and vitamins, too fatty, fried foods, smoked meats and sweets lead to the manifestation of hereditary pathologies, diseases, metabolic disturbances. obesity.
Today, there is a large selection of dry foods that provide your dog with a complete, balanced diet. Should choose a good quality feed ("premium" or "super-premium"), designed for dogs of miniature breeds.
With natural nutrition in the diet of an adult dog 40% must be given to raw meat of low-fat varieties. Poultry meat recommended in small quantities for puppies. Vegetables, thermally processed or raw, should be 1/3 servings. Vegetable dish can be flavored with a small amount of vegetable oil. And 30% of the volume of food is porridge. Preference is recommended to give oatmeal, buckwheat or wheat.
One serving is enough food for the dog to eat all at once. Feeding is organized precisely in time and in the place designated for this. Excessive nutrition is unacceptable, as it is fraught with obesity, disease and adversely affect the quality of life of the pet.
Where to buy a puppy
A purebred puppy of a miniature Pinscher can be bought only in a kennel, where the owner guarantees health, conditions of detention in accordance with the law on breeding and compliance with the requirements of the breed. In the Russian Federation there are several nurseries registered in the International Cynological Federation:
- New Etoile in Moscow http://www.zwergpincher.ru/
- PUPPY-LEND in Moscow.
- Tai Excellent in Moscow https://zoon.ru/msk/vet/pitomnik_taj_ekselent/
There are nurseries kennel "REGALI DI CIELO" in Kiev https://pitomnik-tsvergpincherov-regali-di-cielo.uaprom.net/.
A large number of nurseries allows you to choose not only the faithful and faithful companion, but also the future winner of the exhibition.
Dwarf Dobermans are always full of energy, playful, are excellent partners for games and long walks.
Interestingly, this dog is a reduced copy of the fearsome and well-known Doberman, and there is no relationship between them. According to experts, a certain Mr. by the name of Doberman was so fascinated by miniature pinschers that he brought out a similar dog of more impressive size.
A slender animal with well-developed muscles and bones, a mini Doberman has high and strong legs (hind legs slightly longer than the front ones), a small head (proportional to the body, with a pronounced transition from the forehead to the nose), moderately long, elegant neck, dark oval-shaped eyes shiny and smooth wool. In addition, according to the standard, these dogs must have docked ears and tail.
Dwarf Dobermans are compact animals, their height does not exceed 30 cm. They come in three colors: black and tan, red and brown and tan. Only in America there is the last species. The dog weighs no more than 6 kg.
These cute little dogs have a peculiar gait. When walking or running, they raise their front legs high, which is why their movements resemble the course of a riding horse.
Mini Doberman, according to the owners, is a very smart and energetic animal. Both large families and single people can start it as a pet. At the same time, the Pinscher owners should remember that this dog should not be pampered too much, as it can turn into a capricious and uncontrollable animal.
Dwarf Dobermans are naturally endowed with tremendous energy. To direct it in the right direction, the dog must be physically loaded: long walks with active games, training, etc.
These animals move like mercury quickly and easily find friends among children. However, they will not tolerate familiarity with themselves. In relation to dogs of other breeds can show aggression. A strong friendship is tied to them only with those animals that they know from puppyhood.
Dwarf Doberman (owner reviews allow us to state this) is a gentle and kind creature that needs proper upbringing. Otherwise, capricious and aggressive animals grow from them, which even very large dogs do not frighten. These kids boldly rush into battle and never retreat - the battle will last until the last breath.
If you want to have a pet that you can hold on your hands, caress, then the dwarf Doberman is not for you. Such a pet is so active that it cannot stay in one place for more than five minutes. According to many owners, the only drawback of these animals is a loud and frequent barking.
Among the traits of the nature of such a pet should be overly suspicious. This largely explains his excessive "talkativeness." However, the socialized representatives of this breed calmly perceive guests in the house, especially when they realize that nothing threatens the owner.
Care for these animals is easy. To keep your pet's fur coat well-groomed and shiny, just brush it twice a week and wipe it three times a month with a wet towel.
Dwarf Dobermans are predisposed to obesity, so they should be fed in small portions no more than three times a day. Food should be balanced, it is better to give preference to natural products.
While walking, do not forget to use a leash, and in winter and late autumn, in order to avoid frostbite of the extremities, wear warm clothes and boots on the dog. If your pet stays alone in the house for a long time, then you should think up some occupation for him, leave his favorite toys - otherwise you can’t avoid confusion and spoiled things.
Dwarf Doberman - a breed that does not suit owners who want to buy a small live toy. This dog requires respect, attention and love. Representatives of this breed are perfectly amenable to training due to the high intelligence, quite livable character and the desire to please the owner with their successes.
Anyone who wants to have such a pet needs to know that these babies do not like cold and drafts. However, the heat affects them is not the best way. During the summer heat, they face heat stroke. Therefore, gathering for a long walk, do not forget to bring water for drinking.
Dwarf doberman puppies
If you bought a puppy of this breed, get ready for a constant fight. Dwarf Dobermans - dogs are very capricious, and they need education from the first days of their stay in your home. If you let it go, then you will grow a spoiled dog with a disgusting character.
First you need to select a specific place where your pet will live. This can be a soft rug or a cozy little house. Despite the irrepressible energy, and these kids sometimes want to relax alone. In addition, if you once, having regretted the little baby yearning for her mother, take her to your bed, she will sleep on it until old age.
Little Dobermans are very clever, so they quickly understand and accept the rules of behavior in the house. They can be accustomed to the tray - when outside the fierce cold, it is very useful.
Puppies should be fed natural food. В рацион обязательно должны быть включены сырое или отварное мясо (кроме свинины), рыба (морская, без костей), один раз в неделю - отварной желток, кисломолочные продукты. В корм следует добавлять половинку чайной ложечки растительного масла. Это очень полезно для работы желудка и для того, чтобы шерстка всегда выглядела ухоженной и блестящей. Щенкам необходимы витамины, кальций, рыбий жир.
Карликовый доберман: цена
Сегодня стоимость щенков этой породы колеблется от 10 до 30 тысяч рублей. It depends on several factors: the presence or absence of a pedigree, the place of acquisition (market or a famous nursery), merit and titles of parents.
So, your pet has become a dwarf Doberman. Owner reviews should usually be studied before acquiring a puppy. Nevertheless, we allow ourselves to tell how the owners already held to these animals. According to most of them, this is an ideal companion for people who live even in a very small city apartment: the dog takes up little space, practically does not fade, besides it is smart and perfectly assimilates the rules of behavior in the house.
We have already said that you should not unduly pamper such a dog, marveling at its miniature size. The owners fully support us in this. The spoiled little Doberman becomes a very stubborn and self-willed animal.
Many owners point out that their pets are very attached to all family members and are difficult to tolerate separation from each of them. In addition, these dogs are very playful and as the toy can choose the most inappropriate things for this, which can sometimes be dangerous for the baby. Therefore, the owners with experience advise to provide your pet with a sufficient number of toys.
The only drawback of these animals lies in the frequent barking, but we touched on this issue in our article, so you already know that early socialization will help you solve it.
(Miniature Pinscher, Miniature Pinscher)
Miniature Pinscher is a small dog, different from the German smooth-haired Pinscher only in size. This is a cheerful and perky friend, always open to communication and ready for new tricks. He loves children, but requires good training and a lot of attention.
In order not to be disappointed in the pet, you need to know about its natural character and be able to choose a dog with the desired qualities. How to choose a puppy dwarf Pinscher, and what are the features of this breed of dogs?
Dwarf Pinschers meet the following standards:
- Weight - from 4 to 6 kilograms,
- Height at withers - from 25 to 30 centimeters,
- Color black and tan or red,
- Wool - short.
Miniature Pinschers resemble the appearance of Dobermans. And in size they are akin to a Chihuahua, toy terrier or York.
Miniature Pinchers are divided into two subspecies depending on the color:
There are also brown and tan pinschers that the standard does not recognize. But this breed of dogs is successfully bred in America.
New Etoile Florentine and New Etoile Virtual Reality
Miniature Pinscher (or Miniature Pinscher) is listed most popular breeds of dogs bred in America and Europe. In Russia, the peak of popularity of this breed came in the post-war period, when it was brought into the country as a trophy from Germany. The popularity of the dog continues to grow.
Size and appearance
Miniature Pinscher is an elegant and slim dog with developed muscles and bones. The compact dog has strong and slender legs. Growth reaches 25-30 centimeters. This is the smallest representative of the pinschers.
The narrow head is distinguished by a flattened forehead and a muzzle narrowed to the nose. The lines of the muzzle and forehead are parallel to each other. The ears are usually larger than the head. There are either semi-standing or standing. Sometimes they stop. The noma's ear is painted black. The eyes of the miniature pinscher express the feelings of the dog, usually they are on the alert. He has a beautiful curved neck.
The black and tan miniature spinner has tan markings on the metacarpals, above the eyes, on the throat, under the tail, on the inner side of the hind legs. There are two clear triangles on the chest.
The dog's coat is hard, short, tight to the body and shiny. Highly set tail standard cropped to a length of 12.5-20.5 millimeters.
Intellect and training
Miniature Pinscher - devoted and easy to learn friend. His intellect is very high. Puppies are better trained, the character of an adult dog is difficult to change.
Despite the pet's modest size, its training must be approached responsibly. It is necessary to involve not only exactingness and discipline, but also friendly attitude, affection.
Miniature Pinchers have a strong psyche, cheerful and playful mood. Before you buy this dog, remember that it is unshakable and confident. Therefore, it will require consistent education and sensitive attention.
Smart and mobile little friend is always ready to intercede for the owner. He is armed with strong teeth and is famous for an excellent grip. Zwergpinscher ready to constantly voice barking: it seems that a pack of dogs is barking. This is a great deterrent for intruders.
A curious dog has a powerful character. She is very attached to her master, but sometimes she can afford to play with other pets, run around the park. But often in relation to other dogs, the miniature pinscher shows aggression. To avoid this, to calm the pet must be taught from an early age.
Attitude to children
The energetic, gentle and gentle nature of the dog allows her to get along well with children. Miniature Pinchers get along well with those kids who understand that a small dog is not a living toy.. Therefore, it is necessary for children to explain that the dog is very vulnerable due to its small size, but it also needs its own personal space, like big animals.
If you are afraid that the child will harm the pet, look at a little larger breeds, such as Jack Russell Terrier or Beagle.
Watchdog, security and other qualities
A miniature pinscher is a flawless watchman with a sonorous voice. In the chest of a small pet is a big heart, which shows courage at the right moments. His attachment to his master is so great that he is ready to protect him, even risking his own life. To impress the enemy, the miniature pinscher is placed on a high place, from where he sends loud threats.
It is a reliable travel companion.because the dog will always follow the owner even to the ends of the earth. This breed ideally gets on both in a city, and in the village. In the countryside, the quality of the dog is appreciated as the ability to catch rats.
Miniature Pincher puppy
Choosing a puppy
When choosing a puppy, you should first use the general rule: sit in front of the litter of a bitch and call all puppies at once. The most curious will respond and run to you. Curiosity is a sign of a healthy animal. If there is no threat, then why run away?
Puppies that have not shown interest in a stranger are likely to be weak and not healthy.
- See how all miniature pinscher puppies behave. It is necessary to pay attention to how they react to stimuli from the outside, how their mother plays with them. In everything there must be activity, curiosity.
- Be sure to pay attention to the bitch. A well-fed and well-groomed mom will have the same puppies. If the animal is exhausted, sad, then the puppies will be with poor health and well-being.
- Check out how puppies eat. Healthy puppies eat the proposed food in one moment.
- The nature of the dwarf pinscher is such that he, if he is not sleeping, is necessarily busy with something. Therefore, you should be alerted by puppies that are not active during waking hours.
- Check if the puppy has the right bite,
- Pay attention to dental health,
- The coat, eyes, mouth and nose mucosa must be clean,
- There should be no unpleasant odors from the ears and mouth,
- Wool should be smooth and shiny, without bald spots.
How old should a dog be?
It is preferable to buy a dog when it is still a puppy. The optimal puppy age - 2-3 months. During this period, miniature Pinchers show curiosity, becoming independent. They have already established the psyche, so moving for them will no longer be too much stress.
Taking an adult dog is always worse than a puppy. After all, she is already attached to her former owner, she has already fully developed character. For an adult pinscher, moving will be a lot of stress.
Before you buy an adult dog, get acquainted with it in advance, study its character and habits. It is very good if she is trained. Find out if the animal gets along with other pets, if you have them.
How to prepare for the appearance of a puppy?
Before you bring a puppy into the house, you must:
- Arrange a sleeping place for the dog,
- Determine the place where you will feed her,
- Learn more about how to care for your puppy,
- Decide on a veterinary clinic where you will go to in order to make preventive vaccinations and periodically check the health of your pet.
You need to decide in advance and with the toilet. You can teach a four-legged friend to ask on the street, but for such small breeds, a home toilet is quite acceptable, the place of which should be determined in advance.
Miniature Pinscher puppies stand today from 10 to 30 thousand rubles. The cost is affected by:
- Presence of pedigree (cost increases)
- The presence of tribal marriage (decreases)
- Prospects (increased, if there is, for example, exhibition prospects),
- Parents. Titled champion parents have more puppies.
You can buy a puppy without pedigree at a price below 10,000 rubles. From 10 to 20 thousand you can buy an animal in the nursery with the relevant documents. With brilliant prospects, you can buy a puppy for 30 000 thousand rubles.
Advantages and disadvantages of the breed
The advantages of the miniature pinscher include:
- Short wool, which almost never sheds,
- Good guarding qualities
- Beautiful appearance
- Good attitude to children
- High intelligence, well gives in to training.
The disadvantages of the breed include:
- Intolerance dog too high and too low temperatures,
- The need for constant attention and communication, with the lack of which the dog becomes uncontrollable,
- The health of the dog is sensitive to the quality of the food.
Miniature Pinscher is an ideal friend for active people who are willing to walk a lot and play with the dog. The dog is suitable for couples with children, as well as for houses where other pets already live.
Caring for a dog is simple, but you need to monitor its nutrition. By giving your pet a good upbringing, you will find the right dog that will defend even in a fight with an unequal opponent.
Breed standard: basic characteristics, photos
Currently, the characteristic of the miniature pincher is specified by the FCI classification. Along with miniature schnauzers, these dogs belong to the group of the smallest working dogs. Breed recommended for freestyle, IPO, agility and other types of sports education.
The dwarf pinscher is distinguished by a slim, stately figure, strong bones and pronounced musculature:
- Body - toned, elongated, with shiny smooth hair, embossed.
- Feet - thin, but powerful. Rear slightly longer than the front.
- The head is proportional to the body. The muzzle is elongated with a noticeable transition of the forehead to the nose. The nose is black. Eyes brown or black, clear oval. Jaws with a bite "scissors", powerful chewing.
- The neck is moderately long, elegant, but strong.
- Ears - set high, sticking out.
- Tail - no kinks, saber or sickle. Highly set.
Type of coat and color
The color of the miniature pincher standard is indicated in two versions.
- Monochromatic - traditional brown in shades of different saturation (from brown-red to yellow-mustard).
- Two-tone - black and tan with marked borders above the eyes, throat, inside of the hind legs and the base of the tail. There are 2 triangles on the chest.
Previously also stood out brown and tan color, but it was removed from the standard due to rarity. Now such Pinschers are being withdrawn only in the USA. The best show coat is brick brown.
Many consider the cupping of the ears of the zwergpincher standard. However, this opinion is wrong. For shows, dogs with cropped and uncircumcised ears are suitable. Since the breed is not related to fighting, the operation is not considered necessary.
If the owner decided to adjust the appearance of the pet, it is necessary to do so until his teeth changed (up to 3-4 months). The form of standing candles is most often chosen, but hanging V-shaped variants are possible when only rounded edges are cut off.
Tail docking is similar, with 2-3 vertebrae remaining. You need to spend it at 1 week of life. Zwergpinscher bravely endures surgery. Wounds heal quickly with proper treatment and massage.
Miniature Pinscher and his "twin brothers"
Often the miniature pinscher is compared to the Doberman. There is no direct relationship between the breeds. Such a connection appeared historically - a German by the name of Dobermann was so fascinated by miniature miniature pinchers that he decided to withdraw a large-size analogue. In fact, the smooth-haired German Pinscher is the ancestor of the Miniature Pincher.
Many people mistakenly believe that the Doberman and the Miniature Pinscher are relatives, but this is not so.
The biggest confusion arises between the tsvergpincher and the Russian toy terrier. Both species are miniature, short-haired, similar in color, have the ability to train. However, the pinscher is slightly larger - the weight of the terrier does not exceed 3 kg, and the height is 20-28 cm.
Toy Terrier is rather timid in temperament, not adapted to intense sports training, and is originally intended for decorative purposes.
Character of the miniature pincher
Miniature Pinscher - the owner of a complex nature. However, proper education with the dominant host allows you to avoid almost all possible problems. Indulgence and stubbornness is easily overcome by the pressure of the breeder.
Reference. Most of the time such a dog is calm and inquisitive. On walks shows interest in everything around. Quickly thinks, likes to learn, actively move, grab items.
In normal communication, the miniature pinscher often shows love, affection, tenderness and devotion. Energy allows you to easily get along with the household. Children become mini-dogs best friends. Dogs willingly enter the game if their personal space is respected and physical pain is not inflicted.
Dwarf Pincher are a bit stubborn and demanding, but at the same time they are very positive and affectionate dogs.
Cheerful, positive tsvergpinchery can show the will, show their demands in certain situations. Especially obstinacy is expressed in barking, when the dog tries to protect the owner from everything that seems dangerous to him.
Content in the apartment
When keeping a pinscher in an apartment, they need to walk for a long time, because they don’t like to sit idle. Active games on the air - what you need a little friend against boredom and excess weight.
Before you leave the house, you need to leave the pincher toys, otherwise he may chew on things.
Leaving the dog in the same house, one should not forget to give him toys, otherwise different objects risk being bitten. The rest of the breed is very convenient for apartment living and does not cause trouble.
Basic rules of care
Caring for miniature pincher is quite simple:
- Such dogs rarely get dirty, they are usually wiped with a wet sponge to eliminate dust or fine dirt. It is necessary to wash them only a few times a year. Frequent water treatments can disrupt the acid-base balance of the skin and cause flaking.
- Short hair sheds slightly, it is enough to comb it with a soft brush once a couple of weeks.
- Regular inspection and cleaning require only ears and nails. Claws trimmed at the very edges, simply cutting off the sharp tip. Ears to keep the shape you need to periodically massage, as well as check for the presence of inflammation and gently cleaned.
On walks in public places it is not recommended to lower the pet off the leash so as not to provoke the protection instinct. Communication will calm the pet in conditions of crowds and noise.
Important. Miniature Pincher is forbidden to lift and carry by the scruff of the front legs. This can only be done by holding the dog under the belly. Otherwise, the dog will suffer tendon damage.
Miniature pincher clothing
Miniature Pinscher belongs to the smooth-haired species of dogs, so in cool weather he should be dressed. Clothing will help your pet not to freeze and catch the disease.
In the cold season, the miniature pincher will need a warm jumpsuit for walking.
In the outfits dwarf pincher should not be closely. The ideal option would be a jumpsuit (more closed in girls, with an open belly in boys). If it is a harsh winter outside, a cap will also become a must-have item. Some use jackets with hoods over overalls, which also protect the head well from hypothermia.
In rainy weather, it is better to choose pants, twists and overalls from water-repellent fabric. Such material will not allow wool to get wet. In the summer and for a house with unheated floors, knit sets, t-shirts and shorts are well suited.
Modern fashion offers Pincher and a lot of clothes on the way out: dresses, jackets, kimonos, tail coats, wedding and fancy dress sets. Should I use them - each owner decides for himself.
Miniature Pinch shoes can come in handy. Boots or shoes will protect small paws in cold weather, will not get hurt by ice, various objects and save you from contact with harmful reagents.
What to feed the dog: drawing up the diet
Вот основные компоненты меню пинчера:
- 40% суточной нормы должен составлять белок – мясо говядины или конины (птицу дают только щенкам) в сыром или отварном виде,
- 30% приходится на каши – овсяную или гречневую (при отсутствии аллергии иногда допустима пшенная),
- One third of the volume of each serving is steamed or boiled vegetables with a few drops of sour cream or vegetable oil - beets, carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, broccoli.
Food is issued at a specific time. Water is always freely available. Puppies add cottage cheese.
The basis of the natural diet of tsvergpincher is meat, sometimes it is replaced by offal.
When choosing a dry feed, you need to dwell only on the brands of super premium class, where there are no excess impurities. Choose varieties precisely for small breeds. The most suitable dry food - Now fresh, Orijen, Brit Care, Flatazor, Optima Nova.
Knitting miniature pinscher
Miniature Pinchers are knitted at a certain age, since early maturation adversely affects the health of both individuals and offspring. A suitable period for females - after 3 heat, for males - to achieve 1 year.
Before viscous, dogs are assessed. You can get it at exhibitions with experts. This procedure is necessary to cross pets to correct existing deficiencies. For example, too long limbs of a male dog will be balanced in a kin by a stocky squat bitch. The ideal is the presence of common ancestors from future parents.
Before viscous dogs are treated for parasites, check the overall health. 2-3 meetings are held at intervals of 48 hours in the presence of the hosts.
Health and life expectancy
Miniature Pinchers with proper care live from 10 to 15 years. In general, it is a dog with good health, but there are some weak points.
Miniature pinchers are prone to diabetes, eye diseases, deafness.
In addition to frostbite, such pets are subject to:
Important. There is a risk of heat stroke, so you should always have water during your summer walks. Prevention of other diseases - quality nutrition, activity, regular examinations at the veterinarian.
Miniature Pinscher: breed imperfections
Despite the fact that the tsvergs are very convenient in content, they have some drawbacks:
- Miniature Pinchers rarely get along with other pets due to jealousy. Friendship with pets can take place only when shared with an early age.
- The breed is prone to digging up everything. Beds, summer cottages, flowers in pots suffer.
- They love to gnaw everything - shoes, wires, paper, equipment. They may be dissatisfied when trying to take away the prey.
- Because of the instinct of the protector, passers-by often bark at people and can provoke fights with other dogs.
All deficiencies are correctable with the correct, persistent training.
History of origin
Dog miniature pinscher first appeared in Germany. The first mention of the pet dates back to the XV century. According to scientists, "mini-Dobermans" were bred in the Kingdom of Württemberg. Dogs lived on farms and protected cattle from rats and other small rodents. Later they began to take with them on the hunt. The loud bark of a dog scared big animals along the way.
Dwarf Pinscher (tsvergpinchery) for a long time remained in the shadow, despite its long history. Only in 1878 at the exhibition this breed of dogs was demonstrated to the general public. After that, breeders seriously engaged in the breeding of dwarf pinschers. Their main task was to achieve a smaller animal.
In 1880, the standard and description of the breed was presented. Dogs were very popular with court ladies. They began to buy as pets.
In 1895, the dogs were taken to the international exhibition, which was held in France. So the breed is sold around the world. She did not lose popularity today.
Description miniature pinscher
Miniature Pinscher is a little dog. Males slightly larger bitches. Height at the withers reaches a maximum of 30 cm. If more, this is not the standard. Weight is also small, on average 4-5 kg. It is worth noting that these dogs are the smallest among the representatives of pinschers.
The peculiarity of the animal is its short, smooth coat. The dog should not have bald spots. Otherwise, it indicates the presence of disease. Wool does not require special care.
Color brown or black. By standard, the animal must be monochrome. But often dwarf pincher with small specks in the chest, paws, ears.
"Mini Doberman" lives on average 12-13 years.
The animal is subject to the following diseases:
- Diabetes. As a rule, it is inherited. If an animal has such a problem, baldness on the fur, wounds will appear.
- Urolithiasis disease. Mainly due to poor nutrition. Dwarf Pincher is better to feed premium class food, be sure to give regular food with high protein content.
- Eye disease. Many animals of this breed in old age suffer from glaucoma, corneal dystrophy.
- Allergy. Wounds and sores appear on the animal's body, and the skin begins to peel off. This disease usually develops due to improper or poor quality nutrition. If these symptoms appear, you need to change the pet's menu and diet.
Many breeders on their own experience were convinced that if you love and properly care for a miniature pinscher, an animal can live 15-16 years.
The purpose and character of the dog
It is a mistake to assume that small dog breeds are not able to protect their owners. Miniature Pinscher is a fighter, an excellent watchman, he can be quite aggressive.
Character traits are as follows:
- Active and playful. Dwarf Pinscher love to spend time on a walk. The best rest for them is a trip to the forest or swimming in the lake. If the owner does not have time to walk with a pet, it is better to choose another breed.
- Easy to learn. "Mini Dobermans" easy to train. The animal is clever, it remembers commands from 3-4 times. It is better to raise a dog from an early age, otherwise the adult will no longer obey.
- Loving They give all their love to their master. But strangers are configured almost aggressively, they can bite.
Miniature Pinchers have difficulty getting along with other pets. The dog loves to take a leadership position to achieve this, can show aggression.
The nature of the dog helps her get along with the children. But if the pet has a bad mood, it can frighten the baby with loud and sonorous barking. But it hurts children very rarely.
Dog breeders do not advise starting a puppy of a miniature pinscher for families with small children. The animal is small, any inaccurate action on the part of the child can harm the pet.
The purpose of the dog is a devoted friend, a companion. Dwarf Pinscher will not sit in four walls. Ideal owners for him are those who love outdoor activities, often travels through forests, lakes, goes to the mountains.
The animal is active, able to walk tens of kilometers. This allows him not to freeze, despite his short fur.
Breed standard and puppy selection
Dog breeders single out common signs of the breed standard:
- The body is elongated, strong, toned.
- Paws. The miniature pinscher is active, so the limbs are strong. Rear slightly longer than the front.
- Head. The muzzle is slightly elongated. The eyes are small, oval-shaped. Black or dark brown. The jaw is powerful.
- Neck. Long, strong.
- Ears. High, sticking out.
- Tail. Long, thin, standing.
- Color The standard involves only a few shades: black and dark brown.
- Weight - 4-5 kg.
- Height at withers - 24-30 cm.
Many still argue about knocking over the tail and ears of dwarf pinschers. By breed standards, it can be done. Such individuals are easily taken to the exhibition.
Animals tolerate surgery, wounds heal quickly. The only point is: the ears are cropped until the dog is 4 months old and the tail is at 1 week of age.
If you are going to purchase a miniature Pinscher puppy, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- The pet must be active, curious, playful.
- Look at the bitch. If the animal is well-groomed, well-fed, active, then puppies of the miniature pinscher will be healthy.
- Check how the animal eats. Young dogs eat the offered delicacy immediately.
- Be sure to check the bite. If it is wrong, the animal will be sick often.
- Mucous eyes, mouth should be clean.
- The coat is short, smooth, shiny.
- Unpleasant putrefactive smells should not come from the ears and mouth.
When buying, check the animal's passport and vaccination.
Puppies are best purchased at the age of 2-3 months. At this time, they are ready to be separated from their mother, independent. With an adult animal to cope more difficult. He has already developed his character and affection for the previous owner.
Content, care and feeding
“Mini Doberman” needs care. First of all, it does not suit him to live in a booth on the street. The fur of the animal is short, because of this heat transfer is insufficient.
In the autumn and winter, breeders recommend wearing special dog clothes on the miniature pinscher. It should not hinder the mobility of the pet. It is mandatory to cover the breast of the animal and the head.
Dwarf Pincher suffer from urolithiasis, so the owners need to teach the animal to the tray. If he endures waiting for a walk, the disease cannot be avoided.
The disease is acute in an animal, in most cases it is necessary to put a catheter. The operation is performed under general anesthesia, which negatively affects the heart of the pet. Therefore, this situation is better not to bring.
Miniature Pinscher does not tolerate loneliness. Being alone in the apartment, the pet will begin to bite and scratch furniture. To prevent this from happening, the puppy must have a favorite toy on which he will vent anger (gnaw, bite, tear).
In general, care for the dwarf pincher is as follows:
- Wiping wool after walking with a wet sponge. It is enough to bathe the animal 3-4 times a year in order not to disturb the acid-base balance of the skin. Otherwise, the dog may develop skin diseases.
- Wool should be combed 2-3 times a week.
- Time to cut the claws.
- Keep your ears clean.
- Treat the oral cavity with special dog accessories.
To feed the dwarf pinscher you need a mixed diet: regular food and premium class feed.
Feeding should take place 3 times a day.
In the menu there are:
- Protein food. These are lean meats, boneless fish, cottage cheese, kefir.
- Kashi. They have a lot of fiber. Ideal buckwheat and oatmeal.
- Vegetables. Can be given raw or cooked.
Sweets for dogs are strictly prohibited, they can trigger the development of diabetes.