Huskies are the true children of Siberia. Long-haired, hardy, they can safely endure a long stay in the bitter cold. This is the oldest breed of breed, which won the love of most breeders because of the friendly nature. When kept in a home urban environment, you will have to seriously think about what will walk with your darling, because she needs regular exercise. The second important question is how to feed the Huskies. Choose natural food or better to choose professional? Not always the owner can correctly decide what will be better for his pet.
Food from the table - no!
If you do not know what to feed the Huskies, consult a veterinarian, but do not give the dog waste from your table, because such food is too high in calories. In addition, it lacks food balance. Feeding a puppy from the table causes food disorders, and also fixes bad habits: climbing on the table, begging.
For us, treats are death for a dog!
We are used to pampering our loved ones with various tasty dishes. These include primarily confectionery. And the puppy, who aggressively requests to share with him, most of the owners simply can not refuse. Stop, this is not what feeding the Huskies really is worth! In the human diet a lot of products that are harmful or dangerous to the health of the dog. These are smoked products, fried and spicy foods.
But the greatest harm to the dog treats chocolate or sweets, as well as grapes. In this case, the defeat of the gastrointestinal tract can be the most severe, even fatal. Such treats cause much more harm, they spoil the appetite, cause allergies and a number of skin diseases.
To decide on what to feed the Huskies, you need to immediately, on the first day of your pet's stay, and even better - in advance. Mixed-type nutrition is categorically not suitable for this breed (this is when you use organic foods, and in the absence of a ready-made dinner, put dry food in a bowl). In this case, problems with the digestive organs just do not turn around.
The mood and health of the dog, as well as appearance, depend on proper feeding. The only weak point of this breed is its stomach, it is very sensitive. Therefore, her diet is not quite the same as that of other breeds.
All products are divided into recommended and prohibited.
Before you go into details on what to feed a puppy Husky, it’s good to make a scheme for yourself of what exactly you can give him. We'll talk about professional feeds a bit later, because everything is much easier with them, you just need to take a proven brand from a reliable manufacturer. Much more difficult if you decide to make a diet yourself, from ordinary foods.
First of all, remember that the food of these fluffy beauties should contain a lot of protein and fat. In addition, food must be very fresh. Let's look at the main components:
- Meat should be at least 70% of the diet. And you can use absolutely anyone, and it is best to give it raw. But offal must be podvarivat.
- Fish is another important component of nutrition. Dogs need a source of phosphorus and iodine no less than cats. Best suited sea fish. Puppies need to be given it cooked, and an adult dog can be treated and raw. Do not forget about the need to remove the bones, so the best thing you can do is cook the stuffing.
- Sources of fiber are, of course, vegetables. Speaking about how to feed a puppy husky, you need to take this item to one of the most important places. At least 25% of the diet should be vegetables. And some of them should be eaten raw. This is a carrot and beet, cucumber.
- Cereals also play an important role. It is recommended to use porridges in a small amount, brewing them with boiling water in the evening. So they will keep the maximum amount of nutrients and nutrients.
- Kefir or cottage cheese is permissible several times a week.
Talking about how to feed Huskies at home, I would like to add that it is necessary to add vitamins and minerals to the diet. But the forbidden products, which should not appear in the menu ever, include smoked meats, pickles and sweets, citrus fruits and potatoes, pumpkin and legumes, cabbage. If they are abused, the Huskies can refuse the kidneys and develop severe damage to the stomach. You also can not give them stale or frozen food.
There is nothing easier than to feed the husky at home dry food. In this case, you need to pay attention only to the manufacturer and the brand itself. Some of them offer specialized food specifically for this breed. Their main difference from the universal ones is that they contain a lot of fat and little carbohydrates. Immediately give up cheap economy class feed. They are mostly low-calorie and contain little meat. Most flavorings in their composition of non-natural origin.
Therefore, if you think about how to feed the Huskies at home, and as an option, consider professional food, then pay attention to the shelves with premium and super premium class food. It is best to buy them in professional stores, where consultants will help you make the right choice.
We take into account the features of the breed
First of all, you should take into account that the husky has a very sensitive stomach. Therefore, you can safely choose food marked "hypoallergenic". An excellent choice would be the individual options from the meat of lamb or fish. But the chicken requires an individual approach, since it is considered an allergenic meat. Even if you are very advertised a certain product, you need to carefully read the label. The presence of soy, corn and dyes, as well as unknown and unfamiliar additives to you - this is another reason to refuse to purchase. Nothing good will bring such food to your dog.
Approximate menu for the day
We will certainly touch on this topic, since it is extremely important for every loving owner to know how to feed the Huskies correctly. However, we must bear in mind that everything is very individual. The diet of this dog depends on its lifestyle and temperament, appetite and physical activity. This is a very mobile breed. The more husky runs, the more nutritious the menu should be.
The most important are the first complementary foods, because right now all organs and systems are being laid. Therefore, the breeder needs to know very well how to feed the Huskies a month. At this time, the animal must be fed food fractionally, about 6-8 times a day. From two months you can go to four meals. Gradually, the number of feedings is reduced: from five months to three times, and after eight you can switch to an adult menu, that is, morning and evening meals.
For these dogs, preferably a separate menu. Do not attempt to mix all the ingredients. It is much better to give cottage cheese and eggs in the morning, some vegetables or fruits, meat for lunch, and cereal in the evening. Portions are calculated individually, but an adult dog should eat 4% of its weight, that is, about 2 kg of food. We already know that 70% is animal protein, 15% is cereals and the same amount is vegetables, fruits and dairy products.
Monthly Baby Feeding
At this time, the need for a source of energy and growth is increasing. That is why it is important to pay special attention to what to feed the Huskies (1 month). The body is actively growing, forming and needs a huge amount of vitamins and trace elements. And they are contained in large numbers:
- In low-fat cottage cheese to be given daily.
- In fermented milk products, kefir or ryazhenka.
- In the marine fish. Best salmon or pink salmon.
- In beef or venison. Meat must always be scalded with boiling water and finely chopped or twisted through a meat grinder.
- In boiled offal.
- In boiled chicken.
All fat - under the ban. The ideal source of protein is venison, but dogs may refuse it, since they have already lost their connection with wildlife. But the chicken should be given with great caution, because it causes allergies. Speaking about how to feed a puppy husky (1 month), you can not ignore the porridge. They contain a complex of vitamins and envelop the stomach walls, create a feeling of satiety.
From a month to two
During this time global changes occur in the puppy's body. From a tiny lump he turns into a cheerful and energetic puppy, which requires more and more strength and energy. Its source is a high-quality and balanced diet. The basics are the same, the amount of food in a bowl and the frequency of feedings vary slightly.
You can make such a menu for your pet. For breakfast, offer him a cottage cheese and a mixture of grated carrots and an apple. At lunch you can give meat (venison and beef, chicken and turkey) or boiled fish. At lunch, an excellent choice would be kefir or ryazhenka. In the evening, feed the baby porridge with meat. This will provide him satiety until the morning.
Do not forget that you can not overfeed a puppy. Representatives of this breed tend to turn intestines, so you need to be extremely careful. The ideal option for dessert would be a piece of banana or dried apricots, prunes or dried apricots. In large quantities, they can cause indigestion, so be careful. As you can see, information about how to feed Huskies 2 months from what we talked about earlier is not too different.
From two months to a year
Gradually, the portions will grow, as well as the intervals between them. It remains only to offer you a couple of recipes that will be useful to the present and future owners of this wonderful breed.
The following dishes are recommended for use:
- Porridge with meat. For the preparation of two servings will require 600 grams of meat and a third cup of cereals. Pour water and put on fire. After the porridge boils, you can add carrots, cabbage and zucchini.
- Porridge from chicken. It is prepared only if the dog does not suffer from allergic reactions. For two servings you will need 500 g of legs. They need to fill with water and cook until half ready. It remains only to add the finely chopped carrots and a quarter cup of rice.
- Oatmeal is also useful. The cereal is poured with hot broth and left for 30 minutes. After that, it remains only to fill with oil.
Instead of conclusion
Huskies are amazing breed. These dogs are incredibly intelligent, sociable and friendly. This is the best nurse for your child, a reliable friend and comrade. But you need to remember: in order for a puppy to grow up really strong and healthy, it needs proper nutrition. That is why today we told you about the features of a healthy diet that will be optimal for your furry pet.
Huskies are very mobile breed. If you want to grow a healthy dog, then you definitely need to walk a lot with it, and it is best to arrange cycling runs. Only then all the nutrients derived from food will be fully absorbed, and the dog will grow healthy and strong.
Husky in the first days of life eats only bitch's milk.
However, if it is not enough, then you need to add feed.
In the form of a substitute any baby food in which sugar and lactose are absent is perfect.
And after the age of one month, products such as:
- dry puppy food (soaked in water),
- boiled egg.
Breed representatives are prohibited from giving:
The daily rate of puppy food is strictly maintained, and new products should be introduced correctly and very carefully in order not to disrupt the work of the stomach.
But do not forget that the dog is growing, and his food needs are also increasing. In the first stage, let's drink only boiled water to drink a puppy.
Feed the puppy properly
The young and growing body needs various nutrients, so you need to include healthy minerals and vitamins in the basic diet.
Of course, before this you should consult with a veterinarian. Experienced dog breeders in many forums recommend following the breeder's advice and listening to expert opinion.
It is believed that a dramatic change in feeding can adversely affect health, for example, causing diarrhea in a dog due to disorders in its digestive system.
Cold food is absorbed much worse than warm food, you need to gradually and carefully change the diet and the amount of food.
Sometimes even the most excellent food can provoke an allergic reaction in a puppy. At the first symptoms of the disease it is better to immediately go to the veterinary clinic.
The first two months of the Husky eat five to six times a day, but as the dog matures, its diet is reduced to one / two times a day.
Experienced breeders try to provide a balanced nutrition for huskies at home.
Try to adhere to this mode.:
The subtleties of the "dog menu"
Often, the owners, for the first time, bought a husky puppy face a bunch of opinions and stereotypes, especially in such frequently asked question as: “How to feed the huskies?”.
Of course, the meat of the breed necessarily includes red meat. When the baby is only a month old, he can already eat meat cut into small slices.
If it is absent in feeding, then a healthy and strong dog is unlikely to grow from a puppy.
Consequently, the diet should be seventy percent of horse meat, rabbit, chicken, beef. Not the last place in feeding is taken by fruits and vegetables.
Puppies, preferably up to six months pamper boiled or scalded beef with boiled water.
As a rule, it is impossible to feed a pet with minced meat, because the dog may suffer from it as a severe disorder.
It should be added to the diet.:
- white and cauliflower.
These vegetables should be boiled until tender, cool and treat the dog. But cucumbers and carrots can be given fresh raw. Also in the diet can include ten percent of cereals (rice, buckwheat).
- feeding the dog at night
- leave the puppy a bowl of food for more than twenty minutes,
- feed the dog before traveling and long walks.
It is safe to say that the dog dry food is undoubtedly the most nutritious pet food.
Even before buying a "four-friend" you should check with the breeder what type of feed is better to use in the menu.
For the Husky breed, the feed must be selected according to the content of high-calorie ingredients in it. Do not save money and time on your dog - feed it properly.
Choosing food should be time-tested and containing a maximum of fat and protein. Some "experienced" dog breeders believe that it is better to feed the huskies with exclusively natural food.
And here the issue is controversial, since on the one hand a number of useful substances enter the dry food, which positively influence the dog's activity.
On the other hand, there is a risk of overfeeding the animal with food and causing allergies.
It is better to observe the “golden mean” in nutrition and to diversify the diet, including in it both dog food and organic foods.
Naturally, the food does not contain enough liquid, so it’s best to give his dog a “pre-soak” for fifteen minutes in warm water.
Positive and negative dietary nuances:
- very often dry food bothers the dog, and it can stop eating bored "crackers",
- food that came up to one dog will not always suit another,
- Huskies better adapt to the food that they used to feed his mom while feeding puppies.
As it turned out, the diet of representatives of this breed is quite complex and costly. Nevertheless, correctly combining products and combining them with various feeds you can grow an excellent working dog.
And if you add to the diet:
- ready feed,
- natural food,
- vitamins and minerals,
- vegetables and fruits.
Then the dog will get stronger skeleton much faster, improve coat and eyesight.
Let's look at the pictures of these beautiful dogs. With proper feeding and maintenance, they will delight you for many years.
You have become the happy owner of a husky puppy, but do not know how and what to feed him correctly? The author of this video will tell you in detail how to make the right diet for your pet.
Husky ration basis
Husky ration consists of several essential elements.
Nutrition must be balanced and correct.
Meat. Contains protein, iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamins A, E, D. The daily menu should contain no more than 50-60% pure meat. Fillet and other first-class pieces are not rich in valuable trace elements, much more useful are the pieces with bones and various by-products: trachea, lungs, scar, liver, ears, tails, lips, tendons. Их лучше покупать и готовить в неочищенном виде, сохраняющем максимум питательных веществ. В списке мясопродуктов лидируют говядина и телятина, возможно использование крольчатины и индюшатины. Баранина и свинина полностью исключены.
Рыба. A source of protein that is easily digested and does not cause allergies. Contains valuable trace elements: zinc, magnesium, calcium, iodine. In the Husky diet, only boneless fish that has undergone heat treatment (boiling or stewing) is used. The carcasses are cleared of scales, gills and guts are necessarily removed. Oily fish can cause vomiting and upset stool, so it is used in very limited quantities.
In the daily diet Husky should be 50-60% meat.
Eggs A valuable source of protein and animal fat. They contain a large amount of organic acids, vitamins and trace elements, are easily digested. It is preferable to give eggs boiled. Some dog experts add ground egg shells to dogs as an additional source of calcium.
Milk products. Fresh milk is not suitable for dogs; it is better to replace it with homemade yogurt without additives or low-fat kefir. Young Husky useful cheese, containing a large amount of calcium. Dairy products contribute to the normal functioning of the stomach and intestines, they are indispensable for the nutrition of weakened or recovering from the illness of dogs.
Fat Include a complex of vitamins D and E, linoleic acid. The required amount of animal fat is contained in meat and fish, you do not need to add them to food. Much more useful vegetable oils: olive, soybean, sunflower, corn. Oil can be added to the prepared food, strictly following the dosage. Excess vegetable fat causes upset stomach, the dog loses weight, becomes lethargic and apathetic.
Vegetables and fruits. Source of vitamins C, B, A, plant fiber, valuable trace elements and acids. Used both fresh and cooked or stewed. Carrots are especially useful, but their excess can negatively affect the color of the wool, acquiring a reddish shade. The menu can include fresh tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini. Potatoes are less useful, they are used in minimal doses. Beans that cause bloating and indigestion are absolutely excluded.
Recommended and prohibited foods for dog husky
The dog is transferred to a full ration at the age of 12 months. At this time, the menu is formed, which the owner and his pet will adhere to all his life. It is important to know which foods are particularly beneficial for the health of the Huskies, and which ones should be excluded.
The list of healthy dishes fall
- Balanced premium premium dry food
- canned food of the same category
- natural protein based treats,
- lean beef and veal,
- large "sugar" bones,
- boneless poultry meat
- boneless fish fillets
- raw eggs
- fresh or boiled carrots,
- rice and buckwheat
- nonfat kefir.
All food must be fresh, while cooking does not use salt and spices.
The tubular bones of the bird, huskies can not be given.
To avoid health problems, to maintain the quality of the dog's coat and exterior, it is necessary to exclude from the menu.
- cheap industrial food with a lot of fiber,
- tubular bones of a bird
- fish with bones,
- all cereals except rice and buckwheat,
- smoked meats
- bread and baking,
- chocolate and other sweets
- fried foods
- canned food with lots of salt.
Feeding time and recommended servings
From 12 to 18 months, the Huskies are fed according to the schedule of grown puppies. The animal receives food 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening. After the dog turns 1.5 years old, you can transfer it to a single feed. However, some owners prefer to keep 2 meals per day. In the choice of tactics should take into account the needs of the pet, its physical condition and method of maintenance. Huskies spending their days in an open-air cage need more intensive nutrition.
Husky dogs are fed twice a day, but with age they can be transferred to a single meal.
The size of servings depends on the age, size, physical shape of the dog. In an adult, the husky should not feel its ribs; if it is too thin, the amount of food increases. If the pet starts to get fat, reduce the daily diet.
Rules for the selection of dry food for husky
Ready-made industrial food is a good choice for owners who do not want to calculate caloric intake on their own. The size of recommended servings is indicated on the package and depends on the age, weight, physical condition of the dog. On sale you can find dry balanced rations, semi-soft food, canned food in cans and individual bags.
It is recommended to feed Haska with feeds, premium and superpremium class.
For puppies are special diets with a high content of protein and calcium. Beginning at 12 months, Huskies are encouraged to transfer to feed intended for active dogs. Such rations can be found in the lines of many brands. Premium and super premium class feeds containing high amounts of animal protein and a minimum of dyes, starch and other additives are preferred. Such rations are rich in natural ingredients, contain valuable plant fiber and vitamins. When eating ready-made food to buy additional vitamin complexes is not required.
Important. For sterilized, castrated or elderly animals, there are special diets. Special feeds are offered to bitches during the period of pregnancy and puppy feeding.
Cooked food is complemented by industrial delicacies. They contain vitamins and beneficial trace elements, do not irritate the digestive system, have an attractive smell and taste.
Feeding natural products
Many husky owners feed their dogs exclusively with natural products. Having made such a choice, get ready to cook fresh dishes often, using only high-quality raw materials. Overdue meat that is not suitable for human consumption cannot be given to dogs. Animal protein should prevail in the diet of the animal. It is not necessary to use fillets and other expensive cuts of meat. Trimming, third-grade parts of carcasses in large bones that can be purchased at meat processing plants or in specialized stores. It is beneficial to purchase meat and nurseries, there are often practiced joint purchases.
Meat can be cooked, stewed or given half-baked, scalding pieces with boiling water. Complete the diet steamed or boiled cereals. Husky soups do not give, they are not nutritious. Food should be thick and not too viscous. The ideal mixture is 50% coarsely chopped meat, 30% cereal and 20% raw or cooked vegetables. Serve a spoonful of vegetable oil. 1-2 times a week in food is added crushed boiled egg or dig a chicken yolk. Mandatory supplement of vitamins that can be bought at a veterinary pharmacy.
Important. Mixing industrial canned food with cereals is not worth it. Purchased food contains the optimal amount of cereal supplements and fiber, by changing the recipe yourself, you reduce the nutritional value of the dish.
As a reward, dogs are given pieces of cheese, meat, fruit. Abuse delicacies are not worth it. You can not feed the dogs with residues from the common table, they contain a lot of unhealthy fats, sugar, salt and spices.
When choosing a diet you need to carefully monitor the reaction of the animal. New products are added gradually, with a negative reaction (vomiting, itching, dandruff, refusal to eat) food provocateur is excluded. Allergies are most often caused by certain types of cereals (for example, oatmeal), sweet fruits, and chicken.
It is not necessary to combine dry food and food prepared by yourself. Animals will begin to refuse industrial food. If you decide to transfer huskies to ready-made feed, it should be the basis of the diet. The addition of canned food that dogs eat more willingly will help to diversify the table.
The dog does not need frequent change of dishes. She enjoys eating the same food every day.
After castration or sterilization, the dog must be limited in nutrition so that it does not gain excess weight. Limit the number of treats and watch the size of servings.
Huskies are unpretentious dogs that do not require a particularly diverse diet. For their health and well-being, a nutritious meal with a large amount of animal protein is necessary; as a reward, you can please the dog with a piece of cheese or a ready delicacy.
Watch a video on how to properly feed a haska, we wish you a pleasant viewing.
Proper nutrition for huskies
There are two options. making a diet for this dog: feeding with natural products and using dry food.
In the case of the Huskies, in no case should you choose a mixed type of food that is suitable for most other breeds. This is the most common mistake of the owners of this animal. Mixed diet leads to problems with the gastrointestinal tract and negatively affects the husky as a whole.
You should also be sure to remember that the huskies are fed only after a walk. If the dog will get physical exercise after eating, there may be a twisting of the intestines, so you cannot feed the Huskies before the walk.
What type of food to choose?
Each of the two types has its pros and cons.
Pros of natural nutrition:
- There are no harmful additives in natural products,
- the presence in the diet of natural protein and fiber,
- the ability to independently monitor the quality of products that can not be controlled in the case of dry food.
Cons of natural nutrition:
- it takes time to prepare food
- knowledge and time, as well as consultation of a veterinary nutritionist, are necessary to select the right balanced diet.
- Difficulty in translating dogs from natural food to dry food, if necessary.
The advantages of feeding dry food:
- You do not need to spend a lot of time choosing the menu for the dog,
- no time for cooking,
- the feed already contains the necessary vitamins and minerals,
- dry food is easier to take with you on the trip.
Cons of feeding dry food:
- insufficient moisture content in dry feed,
- the difficulty of selecting food that is suitable for a particular dog,
- possible content of harmful additives in the feed,
- the price of good dry food is very high
- the inability to give the dog natural foods if dry food is commonly used.
It should again be recalled that the mixed type of food for the Huskies is not suitable, so you need to choose from these two options.
Natural Husky Feeding
When selecting a diet for representatives of this breed, it should be borne in mind that the menu must contain products containing proteins, fats, fiber, which is necessary for the normal functioning of the intestine, amino acids, as well as all the necessary vitamins, macro and mycoelements.
Foods you need to feed Huskies:
- Meat. It is the main source of protein for the dog, so it should be 70% of the diet. Huskies are best fed low-fat meats. This is chicken, turkey, beef, venison. Pork and lamb is best avoided. However, due to the fact that huskies have a protein-fat metabolism, they are able to digest fatty foods with less stress on the liver than other dogs. But in any case it is better not to feed the husky husky meat. In addition, pork is contraindicated because it is often infected with the plague carnivorous virus.
- Offal. These are liver, heart, spleen, lungs, tracheas. They contain large amounts of vitamins and trace elements. In addition, the scar is very useful, it must be present in the menu of the husky, especially the puppy. Feed the dog offal should be regularly, but not every day, so as not to face the problem of excessive consumption of vitamins and minerals.
- Bones. It is impossible to feed the huskies with them, but sometimes it is useful to give them big teeth to bite, as this cleans and strengthens the teeth, prevents the development of caries.
- Cartilage. They contain collagen, as well as vitamins and trace elements necessary for the normal functioning of the dog's body. You can give the meat along with cartilage.
- Kashi. Huskies can be given only three types: oatmeal, buckwheat, rice. Kashi must be present in the diet of the dog, as it is due to them, the bowels work is normalized. They should be up to 10% of the diet.
- A fish. Only marine species are suitable. Fish contains a large amount of essential amino acids, iodine, phosphorus, fluorine and other macro- and microelements, vitamins of group B, as well as A and D, therefore it is necessary to feed it with husky.
- Dairy products. They contain calcium, necessary for the normal development of the musculoskeletal system. Huskies can be fed only defatted dairy products, namely kefir (0%) and cottage cheese (up to 10%). It should be as fresh as possible, especially kefir (up to three days from the date of production). Cottage cheese or kefir is given instead of feeding, usually in the morning.
- Eggs Chicken (yolk) or quail (whole). 1-2 times a week.
- Vegetables. They contain a large amount of all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Especially useful cabbage, which improves digestion. In addition, the diet should contain tomatoes (in small quantities), which are useful for the teeth, as well as carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, beans.
- Vitamin supplements. They should be chosen in consultation with a veterinarian.
Products that should not be given husky:
- fatty meats, as well as veal and chicken,
- chicken egg protein
- boiled bones, chicken bones,
- chocolate and other sweets
- raisins and grapes
- potatoes in any form,
- tomatoes in large quantities (only a few are allowed, as they can cause allergies),
- sugar substitutes
- vitamin supplements for people
- smoked, pickled, salted, fried, spicy foods,
- products with a high content of artificial preservatives, dyes, flavors,
- hot or cold food.
How to cook food for huskies?
Meat must be given raw, pre-freezing it 3-7 days. Before serving, be sure to defrost it well. Meat should be given in large pieces, it should not be given in the form of minced meat or in broth.
Fish need to boil. Varieties with soft bones can be given raw, but before that you must defrost thoroughly.
Kashi need not boil, and brew boiling water. To do this, pour the grits with boiling water, close the container with a lid and leave for 30 minutes. You can add a teaspoon of butter. You also need a little salted porridge. Condiments can not be added.
Eggs must be boiled, then separate the protein, you can only feed the yolk. Quail eggs are given raw.
Vegetables do not need to cook, but raw can not be given. They need to be welded. To do this, cut vegetables and put in boiling water for a few minutes. Raw can give fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.
Offal must be carefully boiled, as they may contain helminth eggs, which die during heat treatment.
It is very important to choose the right dry food. At the same time it is necessary first of all to consider its composition. Most likely, by sampling you will have to pick up food that will suit a particular dog.
The composition of dry food should be as follows:
- In the first place should be meat.
- It should be specified exactly what meat is in the feed. For husky suitable feed made on the basis of lamb, chicken, beef.
- There are also fish feeds, in which case the type of fish that was used must be indicated. These foods are also suitable huskies, they can be alternated with meat.
- Vitamin E must be present. In high-quality feed, it is used as a natural preservative.
- A large amount of protein must be present in the feed.
- In the composition in the first place should not be cereals. This indicates that the food has a low nutritional value and for the most part consists of a filler that does not bear any benefit, but only clogs the stomach and intestines, thereby impairing digestion.
- Also, there should be no artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
These requirements are met only premium and super premium feedOrijen, Acana, Canidae, Royal Canine and others are among them. Economy class dry food cannot be used for feeding Huskies, however, like any other dog, as they contain a large number of harmful additives, most of them are made on the basis of a filler that adversely affects the digestive system, contain not natural meat, but waste. slaughterhouses such as horns and hooves.
How often to feed the Huskies?
It directly depends on age:
- 1.5 months - 4-5 times a day,
- 2-3 months - 3-4 times a day,
- 3-6 months - 3 times a day,
- 6-12 months - 2-3 times a day,
- from 12 months - 1-2 times a day.
Very often with husky maybe a bad appetite. This is not always a symptom of the disease: dogs of this breed, by their nature, do not consume much food. In the summer, during a particularly hot period, the Huskies can arrange fasting days for themselves. If the dog does not eat within 1-2 days, it should not frighten the owners, but if the problems with appetite last longer, you should contact your veterinarian for help.
As for the volume of servings, then everything is individual. However, you need to ensure that the Husk was not overweight. This dog breed is characterized by slight thinness, of course, without signs of exhaustion. При проведении рукой по спине и ребрам животного, должны четко прощупываться позвоночник и ребра.If these bones cannot be groped, you need to reduce the number of servings, as well as review the diet of the Husky as a whole, since overweight may soon cause problems with the cardiovascular, digestive and motor system.
Proper puppy feeding
The diet of the dog at a young age should be given special attention, since it depends on how healthy and strong the animal will be in the future. Besides the fact that the puppy needs to be fed more often, it should also be provided lots of vitamins and minerals. To do this, pick up special vitamin supplements for puppies, in consultation with the veterinarian.
If the food was chosen dry food, you need to buy a special food for puppies, as it contains more vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. It is important to remember that puppy food is not suitable for an adult dog, since it no longer requires such a large amount of vitamins, and in high doses, they can cause disruptions in the functioning of the body.
When choosing a natural food you can use the following approximate menu for dogs aged 2-4 months:
- Breakfast. 9:00 Low-fat cottage cheese, grated carrots or 2 quail eggs.
- Dinner. 13:00 150-200 grams of meat or fish.
- Tea time 5pm 0.4-0.5 l of kefir.
- Dinner. 20:00 Porridge with meat and vegetables.
In 3-4 months, afternoon tea is removed. At 6 months, lunch is cleaned, breakfast consists of cottage cheese, fish or meat.
Before you create your own diet Huskies, you must decide on the type of optimal nutrition. For feeding this breed can be used not only finished industrial dry food, but also natural products. Manufactured fodder should be of high quality, premium or elite class.
In the preparation of the diet must take into account the peculiarities of metabolic processes. The main difference between Huskies and most other breeds is the lack of a tendency to overeat or obesity. Even in very old times, the Huskies fully retained their working capacity in the absence of an increased amount of feed, which caused the formation of a peculiar protein and fat metabolism, completely atypical for other breeds.
Important! The main feature of the digestive system of the Husky is the unique ability to seamlessly assimilate varieties of meat, which are distinguished by their fat content and protein richness.
Rules of healthy eating
In order to provide your pet with a complete and well-balanced diet, you should be guided by the following general recommendations when preparing your diet:
- about 70% of the diet should consist of meat, which can be represented horse, rabbit, chicken and beef,
- vegetables in the diet can be boiled: zucchini, pumpkin, white cabbage and cauliflower, and also raw: carrots and cucumbers,
- about 10% of the diet consists of cereals such as rice and buckwheat,
- dairy products are best given in the form of kefir and cottage cheese with the addition of crushed apple.
It is not recommended to feed the dog at night just before bedtime, and also leave a bowl with food for more than 20-25 minutes in front of the animals or feed your pet before traveling in a car or public transport.
It is interesting! By their physiology and nature, Siberian Huskies do not require too much food, and the lack of sufficient exercise, sedentary lifestyles, care errors and the age characteristics of the pet can cause a complete rejection of food.
This option until recently was the main and most popular. Despite the obvious benefits of traditional food, it is quite difficult to balance such a diet by yourself.
A very useful component of natural nutrition will be offal and pruning. It is well suited to feed the scar, liver, calf or chicken, kidneys and heart. A couple of times a week, it is advisable to supplement the diet with boiled sea fish of not too fatty varieties, previously cleared of bones.
Vegetables and greens can be given to a pet in the form of carrots, spinach, beets, lettuce, pumpkins, zucchini and cucumbers. Chopped or grated vegetable and green crops are added to porridges or meat dishes. Fresh chopped vegetables must be filled with a small amount of vegetable oil or sour cream. Rice, buckwheat or porridge can be cooked in broth or water, without adding salt.
It is interesting! Huskies have absolutely no chewing teeth, and for this reason, in order not to cause disruptions in the digestive process, it is absolutely impossible to give a dog of such breed mince.
In the morning, the ideal is the fermented milk in the form of cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream, yogurt or whey. Boiled eggs are given once a week. It is important to remember that when choosing a natural diet, a prerequisite is the use of mineral and vitamin supplements.
Dry and wet food
According to experts and experienced breeders, feed from the German manufacturer HAPPY DOG is very good for feeding Huskies. They are of the highest quality and are designed for domestic animals belonging to different age categories and with different levels of physical activity.
The peculiarity of the feed is represented by a unique bio-formula, consisting of 28 different medicinal herbs, with the addition of fermented cereals, biologically active micro-additives, flax seeds, as well as the most important fatty acids. The feed does not contain dyes and preservatives, as well as soy extracts that can cause any negative processes in the body of a pet.
Breed line feed
Fully ready-to-use pedigree lines of high-quality dry feed differ in several ways:
- croquet form is focused on the structure of the dog's jaws,
- croquettes have unique ergonomic properties, which allows a pet to grab them easily,
- a specially selected texture allows you to provide a croquet splitting directly in the process of penetration of the Husky's teeth to a certain level of depth,
- croquet density is always selected individually for the breed, and is directly dependent on the activity of eating.
For feeding huskies, specialized super-premium specialized industrial feeds are best suited for feeding active dogs of medium-sized breeds, or those with the “Sports Nutrition” label.
Diet in the first month
In the first month of puppies to feed the bitch, but if for some reason you need to transfer your pet to artificial feeding, then it is best to use for this purpose a substitute of bitch milk “Royal Canin Wabydog Milk”.
It is interesting! For stable and full growth and development of the husky puppy, the composition of this mixture is as close as possible to the natural composition of the milk of a bitch, and is characterized by a sufficient content of proteins and energy.
The mixture is very easy to get divorced without the formation of lumps. In addition to the mixture itself, the packages contain a convenient graduated bottle with a wide neck, which facilitates its washing and sterilization, three nipples of different sizes and with different openings, as well as a measuring spoon for the most accurate dosing.
Diet from a month to six months
From one month to six months, the best ready-made food for huskies is “Narry Dog Medium Wa 28”. It is distinguished by the content of exclusively high-quality raw materials, represented by poultry, lamb, sea fish, rice, and also New Zealand clam. Such a composition is also suitable for feeding puppies that are sensitive to feed..
Starting from six months, after the change of teeth, the pet is transferred to ready-made foods with low protein content. Puppies dry food is given soaked in warm water. The daily rate of up to two months should be divided into three to four feedings, and then to two to three feedings.
Diet from six months to a year
Starting from six months, you can transfer your pet to "Narry Dog Medium Junior 25", which contains 25% of protein, which helps prevent excess protein in the dog's body. The daily rate should be divided into two feedings. With natural feeding, the following products should be preferred:
- meat products, mainly beef, lightly boiled, turkey or chicken, sea fish,
- raw quail egg yolk or scrambled eggs
- boiled vegetables in the form of carrots, beets and cabbage,
- dairy products in the form of cottage cheese, kefir and cheese.
Be sure to give crumbly rice or buckwheat porridge, boiled in meat or fish broth, or with the addition of a small amount of vegetable oil.
Diet of the year
Starting from the year, the pet should be gradually and smoothly transferred to the appropriate age-specific food. Very good for feeding an adult dog is the Narry Dog Fit & Well line. If your pet has food allergies, it is advisable to use the hypoallergenic feed "Sansibel Nutrition".
To prevent the manifestation of food deficiency, for animals prone to malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract, a complex of feeds “Narry Dog + Concept” has been developed. Connoisseurs of natural nutrition can use the flakes of "NAPRY DOG", which are recommended to be mixed with meat or vegetable puree.
Diet for older dogs
With age, your pet needs to change the diet correctly or in a timely manner or correctly pick up food for elderly, aging or inactive dogs. Older dogs are particularly in need of vitamins B6, B12, A and E. If your pet has problems with the musculoskeletal system or joints, then you should pay attention to vitamin-mineral complexes with a sufficient content of chondroitin and glucosamine.
Tips and tricks
Any dog breeds, including huskies, are carnivorous animals, so their diet should contain significant amounts of protein, represented by raw meat, eggs, dairy products. Grown on some vegetable soups and cereals, a pet can be very weak and painful, and the lack of proteins causes a strong decrease in muscle mass.
How to feed Huskies
The traditional ration based on approved foods is as follows:
- cereal with the addition of 40% meat or offal,
- cereal with the addition of 30% of vegetables,
- a couple of times a week scrambled eggs or one boiled egg,
- a couple of times a week boiled and lean fish, boned fish,
- young and large dogs must eat well-boiled cartilage, as well as meat jelly.
What can not be fed husky
It is strictly forbidden to give the dog of the Husky breed salty, fatty, spicy, smoked and sweet foods.
Important! You can not feed your pet food from the "common table", and treats should be given solely as a reward.
You can pamper a young or adult husky with delicacies such as rye crackers, hryashiki, dry and savory biscuits, crackers, hard cheese slices, and fruits.