Indeed, they do not leave behind a wool, they are perfect for keeping in an apartment. Wool, of course, falls, but in small quantities, and remains on the poodle. Regular care, including washing, cutting, allow it to be removed.
The poodle does not smell of dog due to inactive sebaceous glands. Its wool will have a smell depending on the conditions of detention. Note that the sebaceous glands do not work well only in pedigree specimens.
Who is better to choose: a girl or a boy?
Males are more temperamental. Bitches have a calm character, they are more attached to the owner.
There are some differences in the care: with a dog you have to walk longer, as it is characteristic of him to mark the territory. Have a bitch twice a year in heat, and then walk with her will have only on a leash, away from other dogs.
If you plan to take part in exhibitions, it is better to take a dog, because bitches lose their shape after childbirth and lactation for several months.
- Have an original look and lively temperament.
- They are not aggressive towards cats, other dogs, playful, suitable for any family.
- The small size allows you to keep a dog, even in a small apartment.
- Do not fade, do not smell dog meat, do not cause allergies.
- These are faithful, very flexible pets that get along well with children.
- Very smart. In terms of intelligence, they are in 2nd place (in 1st, a collie).
- Remarkably amenable to training.
- The characteristic of the breed dwarf poodle includes good security qualities. "Dwarfs" are wary of strangers, barking, protecting the owner, their own territory.
Disadvantages, difficulties in care
- Nervous, easily excitable. Tend to bark a lot and for a long time, especially at a young age. Irritant can be any sounds.
- Some representatives of this breed are timid and timid.
- They can react sharply to a loud voice, emotional tension in the family. Animals very poorly tolerate stress, which can cause gastrointestinal disorders, nervousness.
- Pet can not be left alone for a long time, he can not stand loneliness, suffers from lack of attention.
- Wool requires special care, it must be regularly combed and trimmed. In addition, the animal must be washed frequently.
- A disadvantage for calm people who love silence is the pet's mobility. “Dwarfs” are almost always constantly in motion, they run a lot, jump, play.
- Since these dogs need a lot of movement, walking must be saturated (at least 1 hour per day). If physical exertion is not enough, the pet will bark a lot, gnaw things, can become aggressive.
Photo of miniature poodle
Sociable, easy to learn. Very demanding of attention, all its manifestations, including training, are perceived with joy. Dogs of this breed are very clever, everyone understands perfectly and can quickly master a lot of teams. It should be borne in mind that tough training is unacceptable, the poodle requires a polite attitude.
It is very important to start training in a timely manner, since the pet quickly develops such a trait of character as persistence. He will often act in his own way, such behavior will be very difficult to change.
Attitude towards the owner, strangers, other animals
These dogs have a very developed empathy - the ability to empathize, they subtly feel the mood of the owner. This is a real companion, quickly acquiring those behaviors that are more interesting to the owner.
The miniature poodle will be a good friend for children over 7 years old, because it loves to play. However, if the child is too aggressive, there is a risk that the animal will have mental health problems. For young children, this breed is not suitable.
"Dwarf" can sometimes be jealous of the owner to other pets. In a society of people he is more comfortable than in a society of animals. To strangers, sometimes shows fear, caution, but not aggression, but can balk at strangers. To any noise behind the door, the dog always responds by barking.
Care, the content of the dwarf poodle have features.
- Bathing: at least 1 p. per month or as pollution. If the procedure is regular, it will take less time, because the wool will not roll. Before bathing, place cotton swabs in the ear canals of the dog, which must be moistened with Vaseline oil.
- Brushing with a stiff brush: daily. It replaces massage, improves blood circulation.
- Haircut: at the groomer or at home (using a typewriter) - at least 1 p. in 2 months
- Ears care: regular inspection. If you detect discharge, an unpleasant smell, you must show the dog to the vet.
- Eyes: inspection, rinsing with warm water, weakly brewed tea. Appeal to the vet requires the following symptoms: tearing, redness, signs of souring.
- Teeth: keeping clean, dental cleaning.
- Paws: washing after every walk. Inspection for the presence of cracks, damage.
- Care of claws: trimming with a nail 1–2 times per month. with the subsequent processing file.
- Vaccinations: the main - against the plague and parvovirus at the age of 6-8 weeks. Revaccination - after 2-3 weeks. For 10 days before vaccination - deworming, treatment from fleas, ticks. The injection is done only to healthy puppies. If the dog is ill with something, it can be vaccinated not earlier than in 12-14 days. after recovery. After vaccination, the puppy should be protected from hypothermia, walking is allowed only after 10-12 days.
Haircut dwarf poodle can be done at home. Place the dog on the table. For a dog to stand still, it must be on a leash. If the haircut is the first, show the typewriter to the animal, let it sniff. Then simply turn on the device without starting the procedure so that the dog can get used to the unfamiliar object and stop being afraid.
Head and neck haircut
- With one hand, take the dog by the muzzle, with the other hand, wrap one ear back. Holding the dog, cut the wool with a typewriter, drawing a line from the curled ear to the nose, then from the ear to the corner of the eye.
- Cut off the hair on the cheek, then above the eye, under the eye.
- Lift the dog's head up, trim the hair around its neck.
- Similarly, trim the dog from the other side.
To get a specific haircut, do not remove wool on some parts of the body.
- "A lion". Trim the back of the case to the level of the ribs. Cut off the hair on the face, tail, legs. Leave the pompons on the ankles, tail.
- "Modern". Cut off the hair on the face, back (from the withers), croup. On the legs do not need. On the stomach, sides leave the hair length of 1 cm.
- "Bikini". There should be a short coat all over the body of the dog. Pompons are left on the ankles, the tip of the tail.
Most often revealed:
- ear infections,
- retinal atrophy,
- heart disorders
- autoimmune anemia,
- problems with teeth.
Miniature poodles have a genetic predisposition to narrowing the nasal passages. As a result, breathing becomes difficult, sniffing and snoring appear. The problem is eliminated surgically. Such a defect as “wolf's mouth” (cleft of the palate) is often revealed.
Because of lop-earedness, animals are prone to ear diseases (inflammation, damage by ear ticks). Be sure to ensure that when bathing your pet in the ear canals do not get water. If this happens, carefully remove it.
As a preventive measure for tartar, it is necessary to clean the animal's teeth regularly, using special food and treats. So that the pet does not have any pathology of the cardiovascular system, try not to expose it to stress. Any load, including psychoemotional, should be moderate.
Be sure to need a veterinary first aid kit. It should contain:
- Thermometer + Vaseline,
- cotton wool
- eye pipettes,
- rubber harness, hemostat.
Also required disinfection products:
- hydrogen peroxide,
- little green
- antispasmodics, painkillers - “No-shpa”,
- antihelminthic drugs - Azinoks, Prazitsid,
- remedies for ticks - “Bars”, “Dana”, etc.,
- heart - valerian drops, caffeine,
- means of poisoning - activated carbon ("Polyphepan", "Enterosgel"), castor oil, Glauber's salt.
Puppies: choice and care
Before you choose a puppy dwarf (miniature) poodle, it is recommended to study the description of the breed. To buy a purebred dog, of course, it is better to contact the breeders. Color does not affect the quality of the animal, but the complexity of care depends on it.
White dog is very photogenic, but it is more difficult to care for it. Whitening shampoos will be required to remove yellow spots, especially where the wool is stained particularly hard (paws, ears). Less hassle with grooming dogs brown, black.
White wool may have a slightly creamy shade, with age it disappears. However, if the color is apricot or darker, the dog is likely to remain so. Silver puppies at birth can be black, silvery appears from 6-8 weeks of age.
Do not forget that this is a companion dog, so you need to choose it according to your lifestyle and temperament. Looking around all puppies, it is not necessary to give preference to the most mobile. An active and lively dog is not suitable for those who love slow walks. In this case, it is better to choose a calmer one.
During the inspection pay attention to the following points:
- eyes should not sour, watery,
- skin should not be a rash,
- if the tail is dirty, the wool under it is stuck together, then the dog has digestive problems,
- the inside of the ears should be odorless, signs of an ear mite.
In the first 4 months the puppy requires more attentive care. The optimum air temperature in the room should not be less than 16-18 ºС. Pet needs to allocate space - clean, bright space in the room (not in the kitchen and not in the bathroom), drafts are unacceptable. The battery can not be placed litter too. List of required items:
- comb with long, but not very frequent teeth,
- dryer for drying wool,
- kogterezka, file.
Walking: required for harmonious growth and development. Movement helps the body to become stronger. A puppy under the age of 3 months has not yet strengthened its back, and it is bad for him to move up the stairs. On the street it must be carried on the hands. If you plan a long walking, you need to go no earlier than an hour after feeding.
Important: these dogs have almost no undercoat, they do not tolerate cold. Walking with a puppy is necessary in a fast pace, active games will help to warm up. It is recommended to purchase clothes for walking. In order for the dog to adapt to the cold, it is necessary to walk with it 3-4 p. per day for 20-30 minutes, gradually increasing the time to 30-40 minutes. If the pet shows signs of freezing (shaking, pressing its paws), you need to go home.
- Bathing: once a week.
- Scratching: daily.
- Haircut: at least 1 p. in 2 months
Age 8-10 weeks.
Feeding frequency: 4-5 r. per day, at the same time.
Finished feed given in accordance with the instructions on the package. Other foods can not be fed.
Natural food. During the day, it is necessary to alternate meat, dairy feeding.
Meat: Boil rice, buckwheat. Finely chop the raw meat and scald it with boiling water. You can boil it beforehand. Mix porridge with meat in the ratio of 1 to 2. Add a small amount of grated apple (you can carrots), sunflower oil. Instead, you can pour a little vitamin-mineral mixture (in accordance with the information on the packaging).
Dairy: Fermented milk products (cottage cheese, kefir), raw or boiled egg yolk. It is allowed to add a small amount of porridge (buckwheat, rice), chopped fruit (banana, apple). Milk puppy can not.
Age 6 months. - 1 year.
- Feeding frequency: 3-4 p. in a day.
- Ready feed. After changing the incisors, transfer the pet to adult food.
- Natural food. The composition of the diet is the same. The amount of feed is determined individually, by experiment. The amount of food is calculated in such a way that the dog ate everything without residue, but did not overeat.
Age from 1 year
- Feeding frequency: 3 p. in a day.
- Ready feed: in accordance with the instructions on the package.
- Natural food. The diet of a miniature poodle under the age of 1.5 years should contain mainly meat - 2/3 parts. For a pet from 1.5 years, the amount of meat is reduced to 1/3, porridge, the rest of the food is increased to 2/3.
- Cook porridge from semolina, unshredded oatmeal.
- Giving sweets, bread, whole milk, sausages, small bones, smoked meats.
- Add spices to food (pepper, etc.).
- Include in the menu bean.
- Allow picking up tidbits from the floor.
- Keep on a leash.
- Block off the pet's place.
- Beat, raise your voice, because the dog becomes cowardly.
Remove things that a puppy can chew on. Instead, there should be toys on the floor: balls, branches, etc. The dog must be sure to know and perfectly execute the commands:
- “To stand!”, “To me!”, Neglect can lead to disastrous consequences (for example, a dog can get under the car, running out onto the roadway),
- "Fu!", The team will help teach your pet not to pick up food on the street.
If you plan to participate in exhibitions in the future, you must teach your pet:
- be calm when examining teeth
- show yourself in motion (a prancing light step while maintaining beautiful posture, defiant mood, confidence),
- to stand correctly (having raised his head high, with his hind legs slightly back, tail position upwards).
The first poodles were great royal. It is still unknown who became their ancestor, but experts are inclined to believe that hunting, herding breeds and divers participated in the selection. Dogs, similar to the modern representatives of the breed, are depicted in the paintings of the 13th century, they lived in the homes of the monarchs of European countries and were banned for breeding by ordinary people.
As for the dwarf, or miniature poodles, they, as a separate breed, were bred in the 1940s, were selected by the Swiss scientist Shaitlin. In his opinion, curly, smartest animals are perfection itself, in comparison with other known dog breeds, they are intelligent, noble and courageous.
Work on improving the appearance continued in 1936, although the first accurate description of the representatives of the breed dates back to 1880. At that time, the standard was approved in France, and so far, when evaluating dogs, they are guided by its data.
Description breed dwarf poodle
The Pygmy Poodle is a miniature replica of the standard, medium representative of the breed. The maximum proportions of the dog were saved. The dog is devoid of excessive refinement toya, he is strong, strong, compactly folded.
Weight The body of the miniature poodle varies from 4 to 6 kg. However, the average toy poodles weigh 3-5 kg, in this regard, first of all, attention is drawn to the growth and proportionality of addition. Height at the withers of the breed - 28-35 cm, the individual below is the toy, in the above - the average poodle.
The standard includes the following description of dwarf poodles:
- Head has the correct form, without elongation or bluntness, the transition from the frontal part to the muzzle in the form of a smooth line. The skull is moderately elongated, with a moderately pronounced tubercle of the occiput, from the end of which to the back of the nose lies a groove-groove - even with weak expressiveness, it can be felt.
- The muzzle is not massive, but not weak, with well-developed jaws and a rounded finish, the wool gives it the appearance of the letter P. In evaluating the experts take into account the silhouette of the muzzle, the line of poodles goes not along the lower edge of the jaws, but along the lower edges of the lips.
- The lips are medium, with neat corners, pigmented to match the coat or black. Pinkish spots on the lip folds are allowed. The teeth are even, covered with white enamel, full dentition with the correct scissors bite.
- Nose - with extended nostrils, medium, pigmented in coat color.
- Eyes - Medium size, with slightly lowered inner corners, set at a slight angle. The standard states that the iris should be almost black, but this is somewhat unnatural and the data slightly corrected when translating - the eyes can be dark brown or amber in color, depending on the coat color.
- Ears elongated, moderately thick, soft, adjacent on the sides to the head. If they, without regard to the coat, do not reach the corners of the lips, this will not be a defect, but the estimate may be lowered.
- Torso quite strong, in shape closer to rectangular, elongated moderately.
- The neck is in the shape of an oval, the scruff of the neck is well developed, and the withers hardly stand out, if only slightly in males.
- The back is shortened, it is narrowed to the croup, the loin is slightly raised, strong, passes into rounded croup.
- Sternum oval shape, decent width, falls to the elbow joints. Belly tucked up, well emphasizes the elegance of the silhouette.
- Straight, straight limbs, front located under the body, rear slightly apart. Локти прижимаются к грудной клетке, лопатки под наклоном, остальные соединения располагаются под отвесом. Задние конечности с хорошо обмускуленными бедрами средней длины, пружинистыми, отвесными скакательными суставами.Hocks are located vertically, paws with assembled, well-bent toes, between which there are connecting membranes.
- Tail located high, allowed both natural and docked, carried high up, not bent.
Coat quality and possible colors
Like other members of the family of poodles, mini dogs have fur with curly or corded hair. The latter type of cover has a more dense structure, it is heavier and more massive. Outwardly, it resembles thin braids, the minimum length of which is 20 cm. The curly hair is fluffier and more voluminous.
The coat of both types is soft, silky, hair cut. Most often there are individuals with a standard, monochromatic color. There are individuals with white, black, brown, apricot, gray (silver) hair.
In 2007, FCI recognized another color - red-brown. In the same year, individuals with the tan color and harlequin received recognition from the Russian Federation. It is noteworthy that dogs with similar unusual colors are more expensive than single-colored representatives.
Characteristic features and features of character
The dwarf poodle is a hardy, cheerful and playful little dog who loves communication and active entertainment. Dogs are well trained, thanks to the ingenuity of such a pet understands the owner with a half-word. The kid is able to empathize, sensitively catches the mood of family members and will not be imposed. He is able to adapt not only to the household mode, but can also share their interests.
You can buy a miniature poodle puppy for a child over 7 years old, they will definitely find a common language, as they are an excellent team for playing together. But it is important that the little owner does not offend and does not treat the dog with aggression, otherwise it threatens the poodle with mental disorders. For kids, the pet of this breed is not suitable.
Pygmy podelek can be quite jealous, especially as regards the host relationship with other pets. He does not like other animals and feels more confident in the company of people. To others can be treated with caution or even fear, but not aggressively disposed. Because of his own fear, he may balk at strangers.
All poodles love to bark, they do it for various reasons, being happy or unhappy, for joy or fright. In addition, this pet will be a real bell, notifying the whole district about the guests, and even about passing by people or vehicles.
How to raise and train a little poodle?
Any poodle, regardless of size, can become a real circus artist, if the owner makes an effort and takes enough time to train his curly friend. The dog is not only smart and talented, he is truly tireless and inquisitive, so he is happy to work, quickly assimilating the team.
Often you can meet the "dwarf", who himself closes the door, brings things to the owner and performs other tasks. Also, a pet can become the soul of the company, playing to the public, demonstrating various funny tricks.
In order to achieve such results, the owner must apply the method of encouragement - praise, delicacy, affection. If the dog begins to play pranks, it is enough to look at him strictly so that he is going to It should be borne in mind that classes should be diverse, include new elements, otherwise they will quickly get bored with the pet, and he does not want to continue to learn.
Care for curly baby
A poodle is a breed that needs special care, so if the owner wants a more unpretentious pet, other options are worth considering. Treatments include:
- Bathing. It is necessary to teach the child to wash the paws after each walk, in addition, every 5-7 days the poodle is washed completely. To prevent water from getting into the ears, they should be covered with cotton balls soaked in vaseline. It is important to choose a suitable detergent, in addition, you can use a special conditioner. After the procedure, the pet's fur should be wetted with a towel, gently combed and dried using a hair dryer.
- Combing the coat. A poodle is a dog that cannot wedge on its own. This makes the breed hypoallergenic, without a specific smell, but it requires a special approach. The owner will have to comb his pet at least once every 3 days to remove dead hair and prevent tangle of curls. If the fur is still loose, then it can be sprinkled from the spray gun, and then walk with a brush of natural bristles. Pieces disassemble hands, using the comb.
- A haircut. After 4-6 weeks, the pet must be cut, as it grows very quickly. The owner can do this on his own, having become acquainted with the equipment and acquiring special tools - a furminator or a machine. He also has the opportunity to go to the zoosalon, where the pet will make a professional haircut. If the kid participates in show programs, then one cannot do without a groomer, especially since only a few types of haircuts are allowed by the standard.
Also, do not forget about the standard procedures - inspection and cleaning of the ears, eyes, teeth. Poods' weak point is ears, they are prone to inflammatory processes.
The average lifespan of dwarf poodles is 15 years, but proper care and a balanced diet can significantly increase this period. Unfortunately, this breed can not be attributed to the healthiest, its representatives often fall ill.
The hereditary pathologies of poodles include eye diseases; babies often have cataracts, glaucoma, and retinal degeneration. Such violations can occur in dogs of any age.
In addition, the most common health problems for curly doggies are the following:
- hip dysplasia - age dogs are more likely to suffer,
- displacement of the vertebral discsleading to the impairment of nerve endings - the cause is injury,
- osteochondrosis - again, the problem of older pets,
- thyroid malfunction - As a result, problems arise with digestive processes and obesity,
- swollen lymph nodes - occurs if the dog is under constant stress,
- von Willebrand disease,
- tumor formation - oncological and benign,
- allergic manifestations - skin, food,
- pathology of testes - omission or unanimity,
Mode and diet feeding
Poodles are a true glutton, not averse to feasting from a cat's bowl or deftly begging a treat for guests and hosts. It is desirable to exclude similar cases, it is unhealthy and "figure" of the baby.
Taking a puppy to a new home, it is not recommended to drastically change its menu. The owner can feed the pet with the same food as the breeders, or gradually transfer it to another type of feeding or change the brand of diet. On this issue it is fashionable to consult with a veterinarian or seller of the baby.
When eating natural products in the menu "dwarf" should include the following products:
- meat - low-fat varieties, raw beef is given, the rest of the meat is only boiled,
- fish (sea lean) - turns on a couple of times a week, boiled and cleaned of bones,
- cereals - rice and buckwheat porridge seasoned with vegetable oil,
- vegetables and greens - give raw and cooked, except potatoes and legumes. Fresh chopped dandelion leaves, young nettle,
- fruits - slices of apples and bananas will be great treats,
- eggs - chicken, quail, added to the menu 1-2 times a week, no more than 1-2 pieces,
- dairy products - low-fat drinks and cottage cheese without additional additives suitable for feeding adult dogs, puppies are given a calcined curd and milk.
For any type of feeding, the dog must have round-the-clock access to clean drinking water.
Buying a puppy
The Poodle is a popular breed, with almost all its varieties, so there will be no problems with the purchase of a dwarf puppy. The only caveat - the acquisition of a puppy without a pedigree is a very risky business, since the babies of all types of breeds are alike. In addition, often the breeds are dominated by the characteristics of curly dogs and they are issued for purebred representatives.
In the nursery, the price for puppies is higher, but here they guarantee that the baby is healthy and purebred. You can also find an experienced private breeder specializing in breeding dwarf poodles. In Moscow, there are 2 nurseries in which you can buy a purebred puppy:
- "Atami" (large, dwarf, toy poodles) http://www.atami.ru/Dwarf%20poodles.html,
- "Great Poodle" (big, mini and toy poodles) http://www.pudel.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=news.
The price of offspring with documents varies, based on the puppy class:
- pet-class - the minimum price is 7000 rubles,
- Breed class - the cost of 10,000 rubles,
- show class - at least 15,000 rubles will have to be paid for the future champion.
The dwarf poodle is a small dog that is larger than a toy poodle and is devoid of its grace. The pet is strong, unpretentious, not pampered at all, and it is desirable to treat it as other dogs, exceeding it in size.
The little poodle has a wonderful character. This breed of dog is often called a companion, i.e. companion dog. It fits perfectly into the environment and society, thereby skillfully adjusting to it.
The poodle begins to show those traits that are peculiar to its owner - this is important.
A poodle has a distinctive feature from its relatives - it is the ability to adopt all the habits and habits of its owner. If the owner is keen on hunting, then the poodle will be happy to go hunting with him, if the owner is keen on fishing, the miniature poodle will also go fishing.
Also, a pet can play a ball with the owner, run around the park and just walk along the boulevard.
The miniature poodle intuitively feels its owners; it can easily determine when they are sad, dreary or, on the contrary, too merry and positive.
The pet feels the sad mood of its owner immediately. With this condition, the poodle will not leave him alone for a minute. The family “dog-psychologist” will be close until the background of the person’s mood changes.
Dog for home
Baby poodle gets along well with children, he loves to frolic with them and play various games. By the nature of the dog is very kind, affectionate and gentle. In communication is very neat and polite, respectively, and to itself requires from others a similar attitude.
A poodle is a great trainer, in which it shows all its skills of patience and obedience. These dogs do not have a drop of aggression, they are very tolerant of other dog breeds and other animals (for example, cats).
Mini poodle will always protect its owners and the house as a whole from strangers and uninvited guests. Seeing strangers, the dog begins to bark aggressively, thus showing that the owners may be in danger.
If the pet is convinced that strangers communicate well with all family members.
The poodle will immediately go around to the guests, thereby showing its respect and love. Immediately, he will begin to ask him to scratch his withers.
But it should also be noted that the character of the poodle is rather jealous, it does not tolerate the presence of outsiders in the house.
On a note! Among the dwarf poodles are very rare, but there are also disobedient dogs. They like to growl, snarl, bark. Can behave arrogantly with the owner. But such a case is the exception rather than the generally accepted norm of the dwarf poodle breed.
If the pet behaves aggressively, then it is primarily the owner’s fault. Perhaps he raised him too strictly, or vice versa too spoiled.
And the dog became the leader in the house. It is already difficult to re-educate an adult dog, therefore to pass on to resort to the services of a professional cynologist.
Description of the main characteristics
The dog of this mini breed has a very harmonious and beautiful body structure. The head of the dog is set in proportion to its body. The head of the poodle has an oval shape, which narrows closer to the nose.
In the occipital part there are minor tubercles. The pet's muzzle has a dense structure and has regular and strict features.
Cheekbones and teeth fit tightly to the teeth. The dog's nose has a different color depending on the basic color of the coat.
The poodle is endowed with beautiful almond-shaped eyes. The pet has very beautiful long ears with rounded ends. The neck is too strong and set high enough, which gives a graceful look to the dog. The back is short, straight. If there are any bumps or bumps on it, then this is already considered a defect in the breed of the dwarf poodle.
The tail is also set quite high, but as a rule it is stopped in puppies under the age of three months. Wool curls and very thick. Therefore, if you want your pet to look beautiful and well-groomed, you need to cut the wool permanently. This can be done both at home and at a special hairdresser for dogs.
The small poodle has many beautiful colors, among which black, white, apricot, red, silver, black and white (harlequin) can be distinguished. The most common color in the world is apricot color. In our country, the dwarf poodle is most often found in apricot, silver and black colors.
- The classification of the IFC - Group 9 and Section 2. The average height at the withers can reach from 28 to 38 centimeters. Dog's weight can reach an average of 4 to 9 kilograms.
Beginning breeders ask a question about how many dwarf poodles live on average? The life span of the dwarf poodle ranges from 12 to 18 years. There are cases when dogs live more than 20 years. Up to one year, a pet may gain up to three kg.
Dogs of dwarf poodle breed are subject to various diseases. And they often get sick. Diseases that your pet can get: epilepsy, retinal atrophy in a progressive form.
Allergic reactions, deafness, diabetes, hemolytic anemia in an autoimmune form, ear infections and heart disease. If the pet is sick, it should be appropriate care.
Tip! If you notice that your pet behaves somehow in a special way (appetite is gone, sluggish, does not manifest itself in games and other indicators), be sure to contact your veterinarian.
Perhaps already in this period, one of the above listed diseases began in the poodle. Do not put your family member at risk. Provide proper care for a sick pet.
Proper care description
Do dwarf poodles wool can be curly or corded. For both types of wool need careful care. Wool need to constantly cut and comb. In summer, the pet is better to cut it very short or bald. How many times do you need to bathe a pet?
Pet should be bathed several times a month (2-3 times). This condition is mandatory for care. With frequent bathing, the dog's fur will not clump together.
Combing a poodle should be every day. Allow such a procedure should be at least 15-20 minutes. Also, combing helps circulate the blood supply to the skin.
Eyes should also be rinsed daily with warm water. Eye care should be daily. If the eyes are red and watery, you should contact your veterinarian.
- In order to avoid otitis, ears should be cleaned of excess sulfur once a week. If some fluid flows out of the ears, the pet should also be shown to the vet. The nails are cut once a month. There should also be care behind the paws.
After the walk, the paws are thoroughly washed. Next legs need to inspect for wounds and cuts, or small cracks, which should subsequently be treated with potassium permanganate.
Poodle in food, both in maintenance and care is absolutely unpretentious. It can be fed with both dry food and the usual daily homemade food.
A small puppy initially needs to be fed with the food he is used to, so when you buy a pet from a breeder, you should ask about his daily diet.
After a few days, you can add new foods to your diet.
If you decide to feed your dog dry food, you should consult with a veterinarian about the quality of such a product. If, nevertheless, the miniature poodle will receive natural home-made products, then it will be suitable for feeding:
- Meat by-products (chicken. Beef and turkey.
- Dairy products and eggs.
- Any fish (boneless).
- Any vegetables.
It is forbidden to give potatoes, legumes, sweets and cookies to the dog’s diet.
Do not forget that the poodle also needs a constant multi-vitamin and mineral complex. Such complex supplements give 1 time in three months.
Consumption of the complex lasts for 7-10 days. The content in the diet of proteins and vitamins is the key to the health of the dog. If the dog is already aged it is necessary to carefully monitor its diet, which should be adjusted by a veterinarian.
Also, a diet is provided for pregnant dogs and the sick. How many times do you need to feed your puppy? To feed puppies to gain the desired weight you need at least 3 times a day. Nevertheless, you need to make sure that the puppy's weight is normal and to prevent its possible obesity.
Характеристика породы карликовый пудель
Карликовый пудель комнатно-декоративная порода.
Умная, веселая, гармонично сложенная, собачка, с вьющейся шерстью, напоминает маленькую овечку, игриво резвящуюся на траве.
Despite the fact that today poodles are increasingly giving way to their long-occupied places on sofas, ottomans and chairs for Yorkies, pugs and toy terriers, they still remain one of the most popular and intelligent dogs in the world, and all thanks to their compact size, good adaptability to any conditions and boundless love for the owner.
Dwarf poodle character
It has an amazing ability to fit into the surrounding society and acquire exactly those behavioral features that are most interesting to its owner.
A poodle with pleasure will go fishing with its owner, a fisherman, will run along the paths of the park, play with a ball together with an owner-athlete, or may walk grandly along the boulevard in the company of elderly owners.
No matter what size your favorite poodle, royal or one, they know how to accurately determine the mood of the owner when he is sad and depressed. The four-legged “psychologist” is right there, begins to lick and pity a loved one, and life is seen in a completely different light.
Gets well with children, loves to play with them and frolics.
Perfectly trainable, but polite and careful in communication, he demands no less respect for himself, and only then, he tries to please his master, to demonstrate the wonders of obedience and training.
Pygmy poodles are non-aggressive, tolerant of other dogs and animals living in the house.
When strangers appear, they begin to bark and try to protect their master and his family from "unpent guests", and only making sure that their loved ones are not in danger, they will be hospitably talking to guests, licking everyone, loving everyone and of course stroking yourself
Among the poodles, often there are disobedient individuals, who snarl and roar at their owner, having met with such a specimen, you should not hurry to condemn the breed as a whole.
This kind of behavior is the fruit of improper upbringing. At one time, the owner used brute force in the process of raising an animal or, on the contrary, too petted his pet and allowed him everything. As a result, the poodle took the place of the leader, and only the role of the rank and file member of his pack took the master.
Miniature Poodle grooming and maintenance
Photo dwarf poodle with different color
The pygmy poodle has thick curly hair.
There are two types of wool.
- Curly hair - thick, elastic, forms curls, richly covers the whole body.
- Cord type of wool - thick, abundant cover, fluffy wool forms cords of at least 20 cm.
Peculiarities of the poodle's coat for some pose a problem, and for others - a marvelous embodiment of their “hairdressing” fantasies.
Owners who hold a dwarf poodle "for the soul" can transform a pet even every month, giving it a variety of shapes and hairstyles with the help of scissors and a comb.
In the summer heat, you can trim the four-footed ward bald, which does not affect the quality of wool.
In the photo a miniature poodle in a rack on the nature
The great advantage of a poodle's hair is that it does not shed, and does not cause allergies. Although this fact causes a wave of mistrust of so many citizens, especially owners of short-haired dogs, who at one time, acquiring a dog, hoped that it would have smaller hair.
The most important requirement for the hair of the dwarf poodle - it must always be clean.
Bathe the dog two or three times a month, or as far as pollution. The more regularly you spend the bathing procedure, the less time it takes: the wool does not have time to get confused and stray into the mats.
In addition, all the poodles are big fans of splashing in the ponds. The path to the natural bathing places was ordered except for exhibition animals, since the option is not excluded that after such bathing the dog will be covered with ticks.
You should comb your pet every day, this procedure does not take much time, 5 - 10 minutes, but you and your pet will also enjoy the pleasure of communication. Combing is also useful because it contributes to the blood supply to the skin and replaces massage.
When caring for a dwarf poodle, it is better to use professional cosmetics. There are a lot of stamps, so it’s not difficult for each dog to find what suits it.
When you regularly bathe your dog with properly selected cosmetics, you can forget about combing your pet from washing to washing.
The healthy eyes of the dwarf poodle are shiny, without any leaks (traces of tears on individuals of white color are slightly more noticeable), and they do not water. It is enough to examine the eyes and rinse with warm water or weak tea leaves.
In case of reddening, tearing, strong souring of the dog's eyes, immediately contact the veterinarian. Self-treatment is better not to do.
Vulnerable poodle are his hanging ears. The ventilation in them is not very good, the water that has entered during bathing does not disappear anywhere.
So that otitis and other ear troubles do not accompany the dog throughout its life, the owner must carefully monitor the hygiene of the ears of his four-legged friend.
Regularly inspect the ears of the dog, there should not be any unpleasant smell, excess sulfur, an incomprehensible liquid can not stand out, having noticed similar symptoms, immediately contact the veterinarian.
A poodle sometimes has trouble with its anal glands, the cleaning of which, if even once such a problem has arisen, will need to be carried out regularly, most conveniently while washing the dog.
Be sure to regularly inspect the condition of the paws and claws of the poodle. Even if the pet leads a mobile way of life, the claws should be cut with a special claw 1-2 times a month.
Then go through the nail file in order to remove the burrs and smooth out the sharp ends of the claws.
Always remember the fifth finger on the front paws, it is short and does not erase the claw at all.
Wash paws after walking, inspect for damage and cracks.
As a rule, dwarf poodles, which are properly cared for, are distinguished by their health and longevity: for many, a representative of the breed for 12 years is not an old age.
Training miniature poodle
It's no secret that all members of the poodle breed, have a high level of intelligence, are no exception, and dwarf poodles.
They perfectly remember those actions, the meaning of which they understand. A single word or gesture is enough for a pet to clearly accomplish what it is asked for. At the same time the poodle is not distracted by people and other dogs.
The highest reward for a dog is the owner's praise. But if the pet does not see the meaning for itself in the team, it will be very difficult to train it to perform.
Impatient owners often make the mistake of exposing the pet to hard training, and then making hasty conclusions about the dog’s stupidity and stubbornness.
A poodle will get tired of the monotonous and thoughtless execution of commands very quickly, and he may simply refuse to work.
Photo of a miniature poodle in the garden
Representatives of this breed perfectly master such entertaining types of training as:
- Agility (competitions in which the dog is sent by the owner through an obstacle course)
- freestyle (pet dancing to music)
- flyball (flying ball, team or single competition for dogs. A pet must catch a ball fired from a special machine and quickly bring it to the owner. The game resembles a baton)
The “vain” dogs of this breed are loved and appreciated when they are admired, be it a victory in the show ring, a sporting event or a demonstration of tricks in front of the guests of the house.
There is an opposite point of view: a poodle does not need to be trained at all, especially its “miniature” varieties, in order not to suppress its free personality.
But if you want to buy a dwarf poodle, remember, without training and raising even the smallest and seemingly harmless dog can become uncontrollable and cause a lot of trouble to the owner and others.
Miniature Poodle Food
What to feed the dwarf poodle - their own food or ready-made food, each owner decides for himself.
The main condition is not to make a sharp transition from one type of feeding to another.
When you first took the baby from the breeder, for the first few days feed him with the food he was used to in order to avoid digestive problems.
If you plan to teach a puppy to feed finished industrial products, do not be lazy to consult the veterinarian about the quality of feed and which ones are better suited specifically to your pet.
The list of natural products that can be used for cooking for the dwarf poodle:
- Meat - beef, turkey, chicken, lamb.
- Groats - buckwheat, rice.
- Sea fish without bones (river can not)
- Vegetables any, except potatoes and legumes (from them there is swelling)
- Fermented milk products
- Eggs (better quail) and offal - no more than 2 times a week.
- Sunflower oil and corn oil (especially in winter).
- Fruit (apples, banana)
- Honey on the tip of a spoon as a treat.
- Chocolate, cakes, cookies can not.
It is better to consult your veterinarian about the introduction of mineral supplements and vitamins into the diet of the animal.
A pet's diet should be adjusted if it suffers from food allergies, urolithiasis, kidney or liver failure, and so on.
Feeding weakened, old, pregnant and lactating dogs also requires correction.
Nutrition according to the rules is a guarantee of the health of your four-legged ward.