I will discuss in this article about the conditions of detention and care for dogs of the breed lapona and describe the types: Maltese, Bichon Frize, Bolognese, Russian colored. I will give a description and how they look, I will tell you about the character. Do they get along with other animals and children. About the diseases they are subject to.
These Fuzzies, from ancient times, were valued by kings. It is not known where and when they appeared. For the first time the dog was noticed by the Phoenicians, five centuries before our era, on the island of Malta. Hence the name Maltese. There is a version that a few millennia ago, the breed was bred in ancient Egypt.
Initially, they were used to kill rodents, but after a while it became fashionable to simply keep a lapdog in the house.
General description of breed dogs
The head is round, the transition from the muzzle to the frontal part is pronounced. The nose is large black. The eyes are large and dark in color. Hanging ears.
The body is square, the neck is thin, the chest is wide, and the ribs bulge out. The croup is a wide, taut belly. Paws are short but strong, the tail almost lies on the back. Bologna live up to 15 years.
Height reaches 20-24 cm, weight up to 5 kg. Breed derived from shih-tzu, lhasa apso and french lapdog. On the face of wool is not much. Hardier than others. Color: brown, black, gray or beige, white color is rejected. Wool is long, curling from light curls to curls.
Compliant, smart, strongly attached to the person.
Terms of care and maintenance
Care does not require much effort, if you do not want to participate in exhibitions. Wool should be clean, without mats, to do this, brush your dog daily.
Pokhoderki harm the skin. Use a dog comb for combing and unravel the strands. You can cut short, leave the length on the head, legs and tail, it will facilitate care. Wool grows long, so you should not get involved.
It is necessary to trim the area of the anus and the paw pads. In these places, hair tangles more often. On the head there is no need to cut. In order not to interfere and do not climb into the eyes, secure with a rubber band. Groomers will make a pet haircut according to the rules.
Wash once a week, and paws after each walk. After washing, wipe with a soft towel and dry with a hot air blow dryer. Use shampoos and conditioners for washing.
Claws can themselves trim or contact a veterinary clinic. Every two weeks, cut and file them. It is easier to do this after washing.
It is advisable to collect hair of the hairs in a ponytail
Wool and dirt in the eyes cause inflammation, so collect hair in the tail. Keep your ears clean too.
All animals are prone to tartar formation. Therefore, brush your teeth at least three times a week. Neglecting oral hygiene will lead to gum disease and tooth loss.
Use soft brushes for small children. Toothpaste for dogs. It is necessary to teach the procedure from a young age and gradually.
Food suitable for both natural and dry.
In natural includes:
- chicken or beef, you can boiled or raw meat,
- porridge - rice, oatmeal, buckwheat,
- once a week egg
- vegetables and fruits.
Dry food and canned food only premium.
For puppies food is needed warm, with vitamins and minerals. Soak dry food in warm water. Milk often causes indigestion, so let's kefir, ryazhenku, yogurt, cottage cheese.
Dogs are forbidden to feed:
- pearl barley
- White bread
The stomach does not digest this well, and allergies also appear on these products.
Some foods stomach lapdog very poorly digests
For pregnant dogs - three or four meals a day.
Puppies eat up to one and a half months 6 times a day, 3 months 5 times, 5 months 4 times. Per year as an adult, 2 times a day. Water is always needed for them. Meat is better to give in the evening.
Like other dogs, Bichons beg for food, do not give what you eat yourself. It is unhealthy.
Advantages and disadvantages
These cute creatures feel dimensionless, not afraid to bully large dogs. In addition to Bichon, he does not like to bully.
Treat your pets with love and respect, you will not find a better friend anywhere. Dogs rush to the defense of the owner, do not pay attention to the dimensions of the offender.
If you want loneliness, the dog will understand this and will not impose, just sit next to each other. They get along with children, but they do not like rude relations. Therefore, if the family has children under 7 years old, be patient with the establishment of a puppy.
Pluses of the breed: funny, friendly, remain children and in old age. Bolognese get along with other inhabitants of domestic fauna, easy to train.
Cons: grooming, emotional and jealous, bark loudly.
How to raise
Puppies can be taught from 8 weeks in the form of a game. Do not punish, only encourage the execution of the team. They must clearly understand what is possible and what is not.
Do not scold, this only intimidate the baby. He will hide and crap in places where it is difficult to notice a puddle. Patience and perseverance to achieve results in the short term.
They have strong immunity. Illness is a consequence of improper care and maintenance. Hardy, easily adapt to any climate, strong, but the disease does not pass by.
Claws cause injury, followed by inflammation, if not trimmed in time. Diseases often occur: dislocation of the knee joint, heart disease, eye disease. Congenital pathology of the spine, deafness.
For reference. Noticed that the pet is lame or inflamed eyes, became sluggish, licks his nose and is looking for solitude, immediately take him to the doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Prevention is vaccinations and care. Proper nutrition, hygiene, walking affect the health of dogs.
Where and for what price to buy a puppy
The price ranges from 18 - 80 thousand rubles, depending on where, from whom you purchase. The cost may be reduced if you take out of the culling. After all, if you take for yourself a teddy animal and do not wake up to participate in exhibitions, then what's the difference.
The amount includes evidence and pedigree. Without documents, of course you can, but there is no guarantee of pure blood. The amount will increase if manufacturers are champions. In the regions, cheaper by 20-30 percent.
Breeders provide: Certificate of the Russian Cynological Federation, stamp, vaccination card, veterinary passport. The puppy is installed micro chip.
The lap dog is a purebred dog with individual characteristics. These plush creations are suitable companions and true friends.
They need a lot of attention and care. No time for a dog, better think about whether to start a pet. Every breed needs care, they are living beings need attention and love.
The history of the breed began in the last century. Breeders from St. Petersburg (then - Leningrad) brought a miniature dog with long, thick hair. Progenitors: minipudel, French bolognaise and Shih Tzu. A loving animal with a non-aggressive character, good nature, energy and good looks quickly became popular among dog breeders.
The International Cynological Association (CFI) has not yet recognized the standard of Russian colored bichon, but the lack of official recognition for ordinary citizens from different countries does not prevent them from enjoying communication with a good-natured pet.
While walking the lapdog always attracts attention. Owners make a spectacular haircut, emphasizing the density of the wavy cover of an interesting color. Long hair on the head is not recommended to shorten. For this reason, the owners decorate the luxurious hairs with ribbons, hairpins, mini crabs, which gives even more charm to a sweet creature.
For a brief description of the color Russian bichon, the breed standards are listed in the table:
Learn about the characteristic symptoms and effective methods of treatment of pyometra in dogs without surgery.
The description of the Lhasa Apso dog breed and the characteristics of the content of a long-haired pet are described in this article.
Character and intelligence
The behavior of the Russian bichon in a dwelling, on the street, in public places is non-aggressive, the pet readily communicates with people and other animals. With early socialization, the dog quickly accepts norms of behavior.
The animal does not give the owners: do not worry that the dog throws with a loud barking and angry roar at the neighbors' children. A pet bites if it is hurt when it is carelessly treated, or when it is disrespectful, familiarity.
- with dignity,
- quickly attached to the host,
- does not tolerate familiarity
- gets on with pets, including cats,
- loves attention to his person
- willingly plays
- loves to walk, but without tedious workouts and challenging tasks,
- jealous of the owner to the kids.
To suit a dog:
- active, energetic people
- everyone who is ready to care for long hair, to drive a pet to the groomer,
- lonely sociable people
- young families, leading an active lifestyle,
- owners with a sufficient level of finance. The cost of puppies is average, but the care requires expenses: regular visits to the groomer, grooming the claws in the salon, elite food, zoo shampoos for long, curly hair, high-quality toothpaste for dogs require investments,
- families with children aged 10 years and older
- everyone who loves communication with pets is ready to devote a lot of time to a decorative dog.
Who does not breed:
- families with small children
- to busy people, owners who often go on business trips: the pet does not tolerate loneliness and frequent separation,
- everyone who often watches TV, rarely goes for a walk, leads a sedentary lifestyle,
- owners who do not want long to pay attention to the dog.
Advantages and disadvantages
Russian colored lap-dog is:
- lack of aggression,
- successful socialization
- love for family members
- pleasant appearance,
- attachment to the master.
- painstaking care for thick wavy hair,
- mandatory haircut, otherwise the pet will look sloppy,
- jealousy of the kids, the host’s attention,
- does not tolerate loneliness,
- not worth keeping in families with small children.
How to teach to tray and to walk
A puppy of Russian Bologna easier to understand where to handle a large and small need, if you put a diaper in a container with low sides. A little urine is applied to the moisture absorbing tissue from a puddle after a recent urination, they put the puppy in a tray, wait for the pet to go to the toilet. Be sure to praise the dog and immediately get the animal out of the tank. After each feeding, repeat the process: so the puppy will remember what the tray is for. The smell will indicate what they are doing in the tank.
To teach a puppy to go to the toilet on the street, you will have to work hard and make time for it. After feeding, 4-5 times a day, you will have to take your pet out to help and walk, while the dog does not go to the toilet. Immediately after this, the animal is praised, the walk is stopped, they go home. The next time the route is the same, so that the lapdog will smell its urine. Gradually, the walk will be associated not only with games, but also with the toilet.
Feeding puppies and adult dogs
The best option is a balanced diet that is easy to provide when using dry food. It is imperative to give the lapdog the elite names of the super premium class and the category of “holistic”. A review of the best brands of canned canned food and granulated food will help you understand which feed to choose.
Special feeds are prescribed by a veterinarian for pets:
- with obesity
- after castration,
- with allergies in dogs,
- on the background of problems with digestion.
- natural meat and poultry: turkey, young beef,
- vegetables and fruits,
- low-fat dairy products in moderate quantities,
- buckwheat, oatmeal, rice porridge,
- vegetable oil and cream (some),
- meat "sugar" bones with non-sharp edges,
- vitamin and mineral supplements,
- treats for dogs from the pet store.
- muffin, bread, biscuits,
- chocolate, any sweets,
- vegetables and legumes that cause bloating,
- mayonnaise, canned food for people, ketchup,
- ice cream, curd snacks,
- exotic fruits, citrus,
Place to sleep
A miniature dog loves to sleep, not only on the beds of the owners, but also in a cozy open house. The best option - a bed with low sides, a soft base. The bed should not be very large: so the pet will feel protected in a cozy oval or round "nest".
Be sure to check whether it is easy to remove wool from the base material: the fabric should be smooth or with a short nap. Winter version - the basis of plush, velor, fleece. You can buy an open house for a pet in a pet store or via the Internet or sew a dog bed with your own hands. A cozy "nest" must be placed in an area where no one will interfere with the dog, not in a draft, but so that the animal can easily get to the owners.
It is useful for owners of Russian lapdogs to know how to take care of:
- teeth. One of the problems is the accumulation of plaque and tartar on enamels and gums. The problem often occurs when feeding with natural products. It is not by chance that the owners of Russian lapdogs recommend high-quality dry food of the holistic category or super premium class. For the prevention of inflammatory processes in soft tissues and mucous membranes, once a week, it is enough to brush the teeth of the dog with a special paste from zoo pharmacy,
- ears. Thick wavy hair reduces the access of air to the ear canal, which creates a favorable environment for the development of microbes. It is important to inspect the ears for the presence of ear mites and other parasites outside and inside several times a week, to carefully process the ear canal and to clean the ears of a dog with a cotton pad, on which is applied a balm with softening, cleansing and disinfecting properties,
- eyes. Thick coat for about a century complicates the care of the organs of vision. Hairpins and soft rezinochki "open" the face. A simple measure - wiping the inner corners of the eyes, prevents the accumulation of thick dark brown secretion,
- wool. Bathing and combing are mandatory procedures that the future owner of the Russian Bichonka should know about. If the owner is not ready to devote enough time to caring for luxurious wavy hair, then it is better to have another breed with smooth, short hair: Jack Russell Terrier, Chihuahua, Prague Rat,
- claws cut Many owners devote less time to walks than they should be, the stratum corneum is ground poorly. One of the problems is ingrown claws. It is important to monitor the condition of the claws, in time to shorten the regrown horny layer. Experienced breeders advise to drive a pet to a specialized salon, to the groomer for the procedure.
The pet is active, loves hiking in nature, calmly walking alongside on a leash, explores everything around. You can let the animal in the park or on the dog playground: the dog is friendly, willing to play with other relatives.
Walks are desirable every day, but in bad weather the Russian lapdog can easily handle the need for a tray. After playing in the fresh air, be sure to inspect the wavy, thick hair of the pet for the timely detection of ticks.
At home, Russian bichon should always have toys for dogs. Pet active, likes to explore the corners in the home. It is advisable to close access to things that a dog can gnaw, remove wires and expensive shoes. The pet is not mischievous, but in the absence of the owners it is looking for an occupation on its own, and the result of the games may upset the owners.
Be sure to vaccinate the animal at 8-9 weeks: enter the complex drug Nobivak. Every 12 months, the dog is vaccinated against rabies.
Forcing a dog's worms is another mandatory measure: parasitic infections are a problem for many dogs. Every 3 months, for the purpose of prevention, the animal receives Prazitsid, other anthelmintic drugs. It is important to calculate the dosage of anthelmintic drugs, taking into account the weight of the pet.
Grooming and haircut
Experts do not advise you to cut decorative breed yourself: the wool is wavy, thick, it is not easy to give shape to the cover. A professional groomer not only selects the types of haircuts, advises how to properly comb out the dog and care for wool, but also shortens claws, processes ears, paw pads.
Choosing a puppy
The cost is relatively small - up to $ 1,000, but finding a puppy with a good pedigree is not easy. There are few nurseries in the world where Russian colored lapdogs are bred. It is important to check the state of health of the parents and the pet, to clarify the results of the PCR analysis in order to exclude genetic pathologies. Also need a vaccination card.
What and how to treat cystitis in dogs? View a selection of effective treatment options.
Instructions for use of Gamavita for dogs and the rules for calculating the dosage of the medicine can be found in this article.
Go to http://melkiesobaki.com/veterinariya/zabolevaniya/parazitarnye/chesotka.html and read about the methods and rules for the treatment of scabies in dogs at home.
О русской цветной болонке хозяева отзываются исключительно положительно. Даже ревность к детям и кропотливый уход за шерстью не портят впечатление о питомце. The dog is very sweet, friendly, loving, after talking improves mood. The pet is devoted to the owner, willingly plays, understands commands, does not offend cats in the house. Russian lapdog is a favorite of children and adults, a true friend for people of different categories.
From the following video you can learn more useful information about the breed of dogs Russian colored lapdog: