One of the most common problems that cat owners turn to as a veterinarian is hair loss. This may be due not only to improper pet care or seasonal moulting. Most often, such problems arise from malnutrition and the lack of essential trace elements. In this case, the veterinarian advises special vitamins for cats from hair loss. You should not try to choose them yourself, since the need for one or another element depends on the state of health of the pet, the cause of hair loss and the nutritional characteristics of the animal.
What are the necessary vitamins for cats
There are special vitamin complexes from hair loss, but you can give your pet certain drugs or products. You just need to know what elements the cat needs. There are no special "cat" vitamins. Animals need the same trace elements as humans. But there are certain features. For example, cats do not need vitamin C additionally, as their bodies produce it in sufficient quantities. What vitamins are important for the health of your pet:
- Vitamin A is necessary for normal vision, for the growth of a kitten and maintaining healthy skin and coat,
- from vitamins of group B for cats, thiamine (for the health of the nervous system), riboflavin (to maintain normal skin and coat), pantothenic acid (against hair loss) are particularly necessary,
- Vitamin E is very important for the normal development of the young animal, as well as for regulating the exchange of sulfur in the skin.
Why a pet suffers from a lack of vitamins
Most often with such a problem faced by the owners who feed the cat homemade food. It is very difficult to choose such a diet so that the animal receives all the necessary microelements and vitamins. The cat regularly needs to be given not only meat and fish, but also dairy products, vegetables and greens. Fat, salty and fried foods, sausages, smoked meats, pastries and sweets are contraindicated in pets. In order for the cat not to have any health problems, it is better, with the help of a veterinarian, to select a high-quality ready-made food that contains all the necessary trace elements. But even in this case, sometimes you have to give extra vitamins for cats from hair loss. Indeed, during the molting period, the animal needs additional microelements. But cats that eat ready-made food, such drugs should be given in a reduced dose.
Why do cats have wool?
According to the results of the appeal of owners of furry pets to the veterinarian, two main reasons for balding animals can be identified:
1. If the cat eats normally, is cheerful and playful, her nose is wet and her eyes glitter, then her hair falls out due to seasonal molting. This happens twice a year and usually lasts 2-3 months. You can speed up this process if you regularly comb the animal and give special vitamins for cats from hair loss.
2. Often pet owners complain to the veterinarian that the cat itches, is in a depressed mood, and the wool falls into scraps. The reason for this can be both parasitic diseases and the banal lack of vitamins and trace elements in the pet's body. Examining the animal and learning about the features of its diet, the doctor will advise what vitamins to give the cat. With the loss of wool, there are special tablets with a pleasant taste for the pet.
What does a cat need for a healthy coat?
- Vitamins of group B must be given to pets for problems with coat. From their lack of develop weakness or nervousness of the animal, various dermatitis, tarnish and hair falls out. Especially important vitamins B2 and B5.
- Biotin is very important for maintaining the health of the skin and coat of cats. It regulates metabolic processes, helps in tissue regeneration, and makes the coat healthy and shiny.
- Sulfur is necessary for cats to make their wool shine. Adding it to the diet of the animal accelerates growth, prevents the appearance of dandruff and improves metabolism.
- Calcium deficiency can also cause dull hair and hair loss. Therefore, during the molting period, this element should be given to the animal additionally.
- Zinc, especially in combination with fatty acids, is also added to complex vitamins against hair loss in cats. It improves the quality of coat and protects against skin diseases.
What drugs can be given to the cat?
The vet himself appoints the cat vitamins, depending on the cause of hair loss. These are mainly tablets containing brewer's yeast, iodine, zinc, sulfur, kelp extract, biotin, and B vitamins. Now there are a large number of various vitamin complexes for cats, which will not only improve the condition of the pet's coat, but also have a beneficial effect on its general health. They are produced in the form of hearts, mice or sticks, have an attractive taste for cats and most animals like it very much. The most popular among pet owners are "Beafar", "Felway", "Polydex" or "Olia". There are also Russian-made drugs, for example, ZooMir Super Wool or Sherstevit.
In order for a pet not to lack micronutrients, it is necessary to add brewer's yeast, sea kale, liver and egg yolk to the diet before the molt and during it. During the year, it is desirable to grow special herbs for cats, oat seedlings containing all the vitamins and trace elements necessary for healthy wool are especially useful. Owners of furry pets positively speak of such weed. After all, most cats love her very much.
What vitamins do cats need?
In the case when the doctor has not identified diseases in a furry pet, he may prescribe a special complex of vitamins designed to stop hair loss. These are preparations with a high iodine content, with sulfur, biotin, or Laminaria extract.
Often the cause of hair loss, not related to the disease, is a lack of B vitamins. A severe lack of vitamin B5 leads to hair loss, pet dermatitis, nervousness, and excessive cat excitability. If your pet does not have enough vitamin B2, it will have balding patches around the breast and around the eyes. In the corners of the mouth may appear cracks, such as "zedov" in humans. Also, the lack of this vitamin leads to the general weakness of the pet and to the clouding of the cornea.
What drugs can give the cat
The most common drugs are:
- One of the most popular vitamins is Cat Felltop Gel. The substances contained in them suppress all the problems of cats,
- Canina Cat-Fell O.K. also a great help to a furry pet. This drug can be used both as a medicine and as a prophylactic agent.
- Derm Caps and Derm Liquid - vitamins that allow you to quickly solve all the problems of the skin of fur fluffy pet,
- Laveta Super For Cats. This complex of vitamins is used by breeders during the preparation of cats for various exhibitions. In addition to biotin, they contain vitamins B and E, as well as taurine. Thanks to this complex, the pet will get healthy shiny hair,
- Kitty’s + Taurin + Biotin is a delicacy that contains a storehouse of essential substances for a cat. The owner will not only pamper his pet, but also provide him with everything necessary for health,
- Gimpet Katzentabs. It is a feed supplement containing biotin and algae. In addition to preventing hair loss, it has a beneficial effect on the pet intestinal microflora,
- Felvit. The drug, which also plays a major role biotin. Its regular use will provide the cat with a healthy body and normal skin pigmentation.
Any of these (and not only) vitamin complexes should be taken regularly for at least a month.
If you timely give your pet the vitamins he needs, you can not worry about the appearance of skin diseases, and the fur will always be healthy and beautiful.
The effect of biotin on the cat's body
In all these preparations there is a substance biotin. Its lack of it can lead to skin inflammation and hair loss. To prevent this problem, it is enough to add raw yolk to the cat's diet at least once a week. But be sure to ensure that she did not eat protein. Because of him, the cat's body does not absorb biotin.
Vitamin preparations allow normalization of metabolic processes in the pet's skin. They treat a cat and prevent the development of skin diseases. The right amount of biotin provides the cat health.
Among other things, biotin strengthens the nervous system of the pet.
Causes of wool loss
As already mentioned, the cat loses wool during shedding. This process occurs twice a year: at the beginning of spring and at the end of autumn. But with impaired temperature conditions and improper feeding, molting time may increase.
Cat hair can also fall out due to poor nutrition. If the pet does not have enough trace elements and minerals that it needs, hair follicles can begin to break down. So, the pet will lose wool.
A cat can catch skin parasites. The most common are fleas, lice and louseflies. Or she may get a fungus. Trichophytosis and microsporia affect entire areas of the cat's skin, and as a result, their hair falls on shreds.
In the blood of the cat is a gradual accumulation of the allergen. This factor, along with a weakened immune system, can lead to a decrease in pet's hair. Yes, and by itself weakened immunity can cause hair loss.
Pets who live in apartments, the owners often give special hormonal drugs designed to disrupt the phase of mating. Such drugs can lead to changes at the hormonal level, which, in turn, will entail the loss of hair.
So, if the pet begins to lose wool, but the time of molting has not yet come, and the loss itself is accompanied by the formation of bald patches, extensive foci, itching, you should contact your veterinarian. The doctor will find out the cause of the cat's problems and prescribe the necessary vitamins.
If you follow the rational nutrition of your fluffy pet, you can stop or reduce hair loss. Let these pets live with a person, they should not eat the same as the owner. Even if the food is fresh. Unhealthy diet can also lead to hair loss.
Preference should be given to balanced feeds that contain all the healthy nutritional components that a cat needs. They will contribute to the proper development of the pet. It is important to make sure that the food is of high quality, that the cat does not have an allergic reaction to it.
If the owner of the cat is sure that you only need to feed her with the food he eats himself, then you need to make sure that the diet is balanced. Cats, like other animals, can not eat food with additives and seasonings. They can cause dermatitis.
With the problem of hair loss, in addition to vitamins, the cat corrects food. The mandatory diet of a pet should include fruits, vegetables and various types of meat. Adding food purchased in vetaptekakh is welcome. They are sold in liquid or powder form.
Why does wool fall out?
The loss of hair in cats is a normal phenomenon called natural shedding. No vitamins can not completely get rid of it. Every day the pet loses a certain amount of hairs, and new ones appear instead of old ones. This is natural.
However, molting can only be considered natural if the wool does not fall out and the floor is not covered with a solid carpet. When the animal is healthy, the process of gradual renewal of the coat is not evident, the owners do not even notice these hairs.
There is such a thing as seasonal molting. It happens in cats several times a year. As a rule - in the off-season, that is, in spring and autumn. Vitamin deficiency has nothing to do with it either. After winter, the kitty sheds excess wool so that in the warm season it does not suffer from the heat in a warm fur coat.
The animal literally in a few weeks becomes graceful and graceful. It seems that it is thinner, but not - just got rid of a piece of wool. Before winter, the reverse occurs. The cat is preparing for the cold. The “summer” fur falls off like leaves from trees; another one comes to replace it - thicker and thicker.
Seasonal shedding is a great challenge for the owner. Wool falls abundantly, it is found everywhere and everywhere. The process does not last a couple of days, but one or two months, subject to good care. If the owner does not pay enough attention to the cat, molting can last longer. Among the pathological causes of hair loss in cats:
- skin fungus
- reduced immunity
- vitamin deficiency
- poor nutrition.
Of all these factors, perhaps only one is not directly related to vitamins and other beneficial substances. These are parasites. All the others, whatever one may say, depend on a balanced diet. After all, if the menu is balanced, eliminated vitamin deficiencies in the body.
This means - strong immunity, and the absence of sores, due to which the hair falls out. After all, both the fungus and allergic reactions often overtake the animal when it is weakened, when its defenses are practically nil. Therefore, it is very important to monitor the nutrition of the cat and give it all the necessary vitamins.
However, before feeding the animal with certain preparations or reviewing the menu, it is necessary to find out the exact cause of hair loss. Here, without the help of a vet can not do. We'll have to pass tests to establish the diagnosis and find out what kind of vitamins are missing in the body.
Only then can take appropriate action. Amateur can not be engaged. The excess of beneficial elements is just as harmful as the lack of vitamins for cats and their health.
What substances does a cat need for wool in the first place?
Absolutely all necessary substances must be ingested into the animal. However, if we talk about wool, then it most of all needs certain vitamins and trace elements.:
- vitamin B7 (other names - biotin, H),
- taurine (an amino acid produced in the body with vitamin B6),
- vitamin B2,
- vitamin b5,
- phosphorus, etc.
The first two names - vitamins for cats are vital wool. Biotin deficiency provokes inflammatory processes in the hair follicles. This, in turn, leads to hair loss. The cat grows bald literally in the eyes of an acute shortage of vitamin B7.
Preparations with its content, as well as certain foods, can solve the problem. The cat normalizes metabolic processes in the dermis, it will become healthy, inflammation will disappear. Increased immunity in general. Wool will return the former shine and silkiness. Color will become brighter.
Biotin is recommended to give the animal in combination with sulfur, then the result will be even better. The lack of taurine triggered by vitamin B6 deficiency leads to serious health problems. These are pathologies - cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, liver and kidney diseases. They naturally affect the state of the coat.
Vitamins in food
If we talk about vitamins for cat hair, then first of all you should pay attention to foods rich in biotin and B6. First abound:
- pork and beef liver,
- pork heart
- egg yolk,
- White cabbage,
- soya beans,
Vitamin B6 in large quantities contain:
- beef liver,
- poultry meat
- barley grits,
- White cabbage.
It is necessary to ensure that all these products are regularly present in the diet of the cat, if it eats "from the table." In cases where the animal's menu is limited to purchased food, you must carefully consider the choice of the latter. Good products are characterized by a balanced composition, where there is everything a cat needs: vitamins, trace elements, nutrients.
It is not always possible to make a diet so that the animal receives all the necessary elements. In this case, special pharmaceutical drugs come to the rescue. There are a great many of them on sale today - there is something to choose from.
For the health of wool suitable vitamins with calcium, phosphorus, zinc and other useful substances. It is better to stop in more detail on the most effective modern preparations.:
- "Kitty and Taurin + Biotin" - vitamins, contain biotin and taurine. They are not expensive. They make cat's hair healthy and beautiful, have a beneficial effect on the heart, blood vessels, brain, gall bladder, improve eyesight.
- "Falvit" contains vitamins B2, B7, zinc, calcium. Поддерживает в нормальном состоянии не только шерсть и кожу, но и весь организм животного.
- «Cat Felltop Gel» – это лучшее питание для дермы и шерсти. Предотвращает кожные заболевания и помогает быстрее справиться с уже имеющимися. Препарат содержит витамин Н и цинк.
- «Gimpet Katzentabs» – это пищевая добавка с высоким содержанием йода (морских водорослей) и биотина. Предотвращает выпадение шерсти, нормализует микрофлору кишечника.
- "Cat - Fell O.K. (Canina) "contains vitamin H and others, as well as all the necessary minerals. It is used both as a prevention of problems with cat and wool, and for the method of their solution.
- "Laveta Super For Cats" is a vitamin complex with taurine, group B (including biotin), as well as E. Its reception provides a shiny, healthy, silky coat. This drug is popular with owners of pedigree cats who regularly participate in exhibitions.
- "8 in 1 Excel Brewer’s Yeast" is a dietary supplement. It contains garlic extract, brewer's yeast, tuna fat, stearic acid, zinc, etc. It is spent very economically, at the same time the price is adequate and corresponds to quality. It is highly recommended to use the drug during the molting of the cat in order to minimize losses.
- Beaphar Kitty’s Mix is a complex of vitamins and minerals. The preparation contains phosphorus, iron, taurine, calcium, groups B, C and E (including biotin, which is so necessary for wool). Due to the addition of cod, the drug has an attractive smell and taste for the cat, so you will not have to suffer with the reception. Animals just adore him. The tool will help to solve not only problems with wool, but also strengthen the cardiovascular system, make bones and teeth of a cat more durable.
- FeliDerm also contains valuable biotin. Besides him - brewer's yeast, beneficial acids Omega-3 and other substances. The preparation includes natural meat, fish, offal, eggs, seaweed, which makes the product tasty. Vitamin complex helps to combat allergies and prevent it, normalizes metabolism and hormonal levels, helps fight parasites and other skin sores. The drug has a fairly high price, but its consumption is economical. It is recommended for use for long-haired breeds of cats.
- "Doctor Zoo" - one of the most popular products, containing amino acids and all the vitamins necessary for wool. It stands apart from many others due to its affordable price. Increases metabolism and immunity, which affects the state of the coat. Despite the low cost, it is of high quality.
Even if you know exactly what vitamins affect the loss of cat's hair and the deterioration of its appearance, it is still not superfluous to consult with a specialist before going to the veterinary pharmacy. Perhaps the cat has contraindications to a particular remedy, or there are other factors that influence the choice. The doctor will give competent advice that minimizes the risks and make the prospects more bright.
The growth of wool in cats without vitamins slows down, the "hair" falls out, the animal looks tortured and sick. To avoid this, you need to follow the diet of your pet, trying to enrich it with useful substances as much as possible, as well as “call for help” drugs from the pharmacy. The selection of the latter is huge. Many vitamins are affordable and of high quality.
Shedding as a cause of hair loss
Shedding is a process of gradual loss of pet's pet. It is the molt that underlies the problem that almost all cat owners face. Its onset sometimes serves as the first sign of a cat's illness. But serious it, or not, can only install a specialist. The origin of the molt is different:
- From time to time the cats gradually lose the hairs of the old coat, and they are replaced by new wool. This process of rebirth occurs in pets every day.
- An absolutely healthy cat loses its fur periodically, several times a year. In the spring, the molting process helps the animal to prepare for the summer period, having lost excessive wool, it is ready for hot days. And in the autumn the reverse process, the animal builds up its coat, preparing for the winter frost. With good pet care, the molting period is between one and two months. If the animals do not follow, then the process can be stretched.
- The coat may lose its thickness in case of reduced immunity of the animal. This can happen after some kind of pet-borne illness, when his body is most in need of useful elements. If you do not take certain measures, the animal will lose some of its wool.
- Sometimes cats are susceptible to an allergic reaction to certain types of products, or they are affected by some irritating environmental factors, which lowers the production of immunity. As a result, hair loss occurs.
- Not all pet owners provide them with a daily proper diet. An unbalanced diet is a shortage of nutrient minerals, which leads to the destruction of the hair follicles and loss of coat.
- Loss of hair can occur due to the presence of skin fungi or parasites in the tailed pets. Under the influence of lashing and puffy eaters, dies of trichophytosis fungi and microsporia, cats quickly begin to lose their wool in huge quantities.
- In animals, as well as in humans, there may be hormonal disruptions. The inclusion of hormonal agents in the pet's diet leads to disruptions of the endocrine system of the body and the pancreas. Disturbances in the work of the organs, in turn, affect the growth of the coat.
Contacting the veterinary clinic will help to understand the origin of the molt and, in the event of illness, determine the cause. The most common cause is vitamin deficiency due to inadequate daily feeding rations. In connection with this circumstance, pet owners review the menu and include in the diet complex of vitamins.
Vitamin complexes against hair loss - why are they important?
Vitamin complexes containing biotin, are aimed at regulating the metabolism of hair tissue tissues. These complexes help in the treatment and serve as a prophylactic agent:
- with avitaminosis, early death of the embryo,
- with inflammation of hair follicles,
- regulate metabolic processes
- preserve the natural beauty of hair,
- correct the nervous structure
- cause silky wool.
Also useful and nutritious elements are included in the diet when preparing for exhibitions and competitions.
Proper diet with the addition of a complex of vitamins in the combination of biotin and sulfur contributes to the well-being of the animal, the natural beauty of the coat, its color and the rapid healing of wounds.
Taurine in combination with biotin regulates the work of the digestive tract, the kidney and liver organs of the pet, strengthens blood vessels and muscles of the heart.
Customer demand for vitamins and their rating
The highest consumer demand for vitamin complexes of companies Beaphar and Canina, other manufacturers are less popular.
- The first line of the popularity rating is taken by Beaphar's vitamins called Kitty’s + Taurine-Biotine. This is fortified cat treats veterinarians recommend first. It contributes to the silkiness of the wool of a furry animal and protects against skin inflammatory processes, has a beneficial effect on the heart system and vascular organs, nourishes the brain, improves eyesight.
- In the second place in the ranking is a fortified preparation from the Canina company, which is called “Cat Felltop Gel”. This drug, in addition to biotin, also contains zinc, which helps prevent skin diseases and saturate hair bulbs with beneficial substances.
- The third line of leadership also belongs to the delicacy produced by Canina. The drug "Cat - FellO. K. ”includes a combination of various beneficial elements, plus biotin. It becomes necessary in the diet of feeding fluffy pets in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the skin. You can add this fortified remedy in food all the time, there are no restrictions.
- The fourth place was won by the Beaphar animal feed manufacturer complex, named “Laveta Superfor Cats”, which in Russian means super vitamins for cats. The drug contains vitamins of two groups, B and E, biotin and sulfur-containing amino acid - taurine. The tool speeds up the process of molting, protects against dandruff and the loss of healthy hair, helps with itching. It also enriches hair bulbs with nutrients, improves silkiness and coloring of wool, thus, it is excellent in preparing for the cat exhibition.
- The fifth place is surely taken by the fortified complex of the German company Canina - this is the development of “Derm Capsand Derm Liquid”. Translated into Russian means the elimination of dermatitis. The drug normalizes the metabolic cellular process of the skin and stimulates the skin glands. Trace elements of the drug are an active combination of substances, which ensure the silkiness of the coat and its healthy appearance.
- The sixth popularity position belongs to the Czech manufacturer, the company Biofactors. The vitaminized complex is represented by the drug "Falvit". The composition is endowed with vitamins B2 and B7, biotin, calcium and zinc, niacin. The tool helps to maintain the natural state of pigmentation of the skin and regulates the flow of all processes occurring in the body of the animal. You can add "Falvit" to the daily diet of your favorite animal on an ongoing basis, there are no restrictions on its reception.
- The paste for cats, called “Gimpet Katzentabs”, closes the consumer demand rating. The tool is based on a combination of seaweed and biotin, normalizes the bowels, promotes silkiness of the coat and heals the body as a whole.
Russian analogues of vitamin complexes for cats
Russian analogues of vitamin complexes are less popular among owners of furry animals, but domestic preparations have one advantage - relatively low cost. Experts advise to add to the diet and Russian-made drugs. The rating is represented by three items.
- Dr. Zoo "Skin and Hair Health". The drug is produced in the form of tablets, the content of which is saturated with various trace elements, for example, manganese, magnesium and copper, various vitamins and amino acids.
- Vitamin-mineral complex "Radostin" produced by the company Agrovetzashchita. The nomenclature range of this drug has a fairly wide range. In the windows of veterinary pharmacies, you can see various types of the drug, developed in accordance with the age characteristics of fluffy animals. The composition of the drug "Radostin" endowed with useful vitamins, ascorbic acid, selenium and zinc, lactulose, iron and calcium.
- “Farmavit Neo” has been manufactured by Farmax for the past six years. Form release - pills. The drug is enriched with biotin and taurine, calcium and phosphorus, riboflavin. The tool protects the animal from beriberi, regulates metabolic, cellular processes. Veterinarians recommend adding pregnant cats to the diet to preserve the fetus. To kittens, to improve development and growth, strengthen the immune system, the fortified complex "Farmavit Neo" is not only desirable, but also vital. In case of hair loss, the drug will also help.
Recommendations for choosing vitamins
If you have difficulty with choosing a vitamin complex for a fluffy pet, you should contact the help of a specialist for recommendations. When you purchase a drug, you must take into account the characteristics and needs of a fluffy pet family.
- If the cat is pregnant or her age is less than a year, then “Radostin” and “Farmavit Neo” are the most suitable for her.
- If the animal has been castrated or sterilized, then the choice for vitamins "Radostin."
- If a certain amount of wool has accumulated in the pet's stomach, then the most optimal variant is Gimpet Katzentabs paste.
- For inflammation of the hair follicles, the Derm Capsand Derm Liquid vitamin complex is needed.
When buying a vitamin complex for your animal, you need to remember a simple rule - a good little bit. Neglect of this rule guarantees a surplus, or an excess of vitamins, which, in turn, can lead to disruptions in the work of the whole organism.