If your cat has a planned or accidental mating, it is important to determine whether the fertilization process has occurred as soon as possible - it is not always easy to do this without the help of a specialist, and yet it is helpful to know which signs of pregnancy the cat indicates that the pet will soon become mom .
The sooner the pregnancy is established, the more time the owners will have to prepare for the appearance of offspring. This is especially important for pedigree animals - after all, some breeds have difficulties in bearing and giving birth to offspring; they may need to be monitored and assisted by a veterinary specialist.
When the cat is ready for pregnancy
Fertilization and the onset of pregnancy is possible only in the period of estrus, which first appears when the animal is 7 or 8 months old (in some individuals even earlier periods of the onset of the first estrus are possible). On average, estrus occurs every 2-3 months., but in many cases, if fertilization does not occur, it can be repeated at intervals of 2-3 weeks.
Early pregnancy is a significant threat to the health and life of the cat, in nature such animals survive extremely rarely.
Upon reaching the age of 6 years, the sexual activity of the animal gradually decreases, it becomes harder for her to bear and give birth to healthy kittens, so if she actively participated in breeding work, she is sterilized at this time and no longer allowed for breeding.
Veterinary experts and felinologists strongly recommend sterilizing animals that do not have pedigree value and purebred Murok, as regular estrus without subsequent fertilization is fraught with serious health problems with your pet.
In the case of pregnancy and birth of kittens, it may be difficult to find owners for them, so it is best to make life easier for yourself and the cat and provide her with the opportunity to live in complete health and well-being.
What signs indicate that estrus has come?
- A noticeable change in behavior: the cat meows loudly, requires attention and caress from the owner, rolls on the floor, moves on bent paws.
- Some cats in heat may mark territory.
- Loss of appetite.
- Mucous discharge from the genitals.
It is possible to determine that the binding has ended with a positive outcome, according to the following criteria:
- The cat loses interest in the cat, chases it away with repeated courtship, and can roll on the floor.
- Techka completed 1-3 days after mating.
- The mucous membrane on the genitals increased and swelled, its color changed and became brighter.
In general, if such symptoms appear, it can be considered that these are the first early signs of pregnancy. But still, in order to make sure that the cat is pregnant, you will still need to carefully observe its behavior over the next 2-3 weeks - this is the period when the cat shows signs of pregnancy.
It is possible to suspect that the cat is expecting kittens, if the next period of estrus came up, and the animal behaves calmly, does not mew and does not roll on the floor.
The first signs of cat pregnancy are puffiness and discoloration of the nipples. Swelling of the nipples is more pronounced if the cat is first pregnant. Usually this symptom appears for a period of two to three weeks. The animal may begin toxicosis, manifested by weakness in the morning, vomiting, slight indisposition. If a pregnancy is suspected, the use of anthelmintic drugs and flea drugs should be discontinued in order not to harm future offspring.
By four weeks, the cat significantly gains weight, it becomes noticeable belly. A pregnant cat often eats a lot - in the early days, the appetite may decline slightly, but the closer the term of delivery, the more feed the expectant mother needs.
Most often during pregnancy, cats become more affectionate, calm, require a lot of attention and affection. Taking a pregnant cat in your arms should be very careful, it should not be allowed to climb on high surfaces - due to increased clumsiness, the animal can fall and be seriously injured.
Examination of the veterinarian is needed when the first signs of pregnancy appear and shortly before delivery. On the first visit, the doctor will make sure that the suspicions are not in vain and, if necessary, to determine whether the pregnancy is false, prescribe an echography or an x-ray examination.
Soon giving birth
In the later stages of pregnancy, the cat's belly grows in size, you can even see the movements of the kittens. A veterinarian can determine the approximate number of kittens on palpation. Only a doctor should feel the belly of a pregnant cat - it is better for the owners not to do this, so as not to damage the placenta by careless movement and not cause a miscarriage.
If at the beginning of pregnancy the cat is usually friendly with other animals in the house, then later it can begin to behave aggressively - hissing at other cats, chasing them away and even biting.
By the eighth week of pregnancy, milk begins to stand out from the nipples. Nipples swell even more.
At the end of pregnancy, the cat is almost all the time sleeping or lying down. If the expectant mother began to be active, eat less, worry, try to hide in a secluded place - most likely, childbirth is near, and it is time to equip a convenient nest for the pet, where she could feel safe. Best of all, if it is a large cardboard box in a quiet place where no one will disturb the cat and its offspring. The bottom of the box can be covered with old towels or a small blanket.
Make sure that the cat could not get into the cabinets and cabinets, otherwise she can arrange a nest on a pile of clothes.
Signs of a successful mating
In order not to wait in vain for what may or may not be, it is advisable for owners of baleen pets to orient themselves in the main manifestations of a successfully mated. Of course, it is impossible to track the process in the event that animals have free access to the street.
But if an individual is thoroughbred and she is constantly looking for a suitable partner, then the pairing takes place under the control of the owners, so that there is confidence that the coating was complete. Fertilization has taken place or not - time will tell, but the question of the quality of mating should be excluded.
Basic conditions for successful mating
- a favorable period for mating is considered to be the interval between 3 and 5 in the afternoon since the start of estrus,
- it is better to carry the female to the male and better from the first day of the hunt. Kota is not allowed at once, but allows the female to get used to the situation in someone else’s dwelling,
- not to be surprised when on the first day the animals will hiss at each other, throwing and scratching is a natural process of “dating”. Strongly interfere not worth it. In this case, to give each other a scratch to death is also not necessary,
- wait for the initiative of the cat (the females are the first to start "flirting" with the male),
- at the beginning of mating, animals should not be disturbed or distracted, so that the male does not sharply lose interest in the process.
The main manifestations of high-grade coverage
- the cat falls on its side, begins to roll, turning from side to side, sometimes frowning,
- genitals (mucous membrane) swell a little (light swelling on the background of blood flow), acquiring a more saturated color than usual
- the cat usually loses interest in the cat, steps aside, starting to actively lick its genitals,
- if you continue the cat to show interest in the female, she will no longer allow him to herself,
- 1-3 days sexual hunting (estrus) is over.
After the phenomena described above, you can take the pet home, starting to wait for the first signs of pregnancy of the cat.
The very first features of successful fertilization
Expect immediately after mating the appearance of obvious signs of pregnancy in the cat is not worth it. Something specifically saying that there are kittens in the womb, will appear no earlier than 3-4 weeks after a successful mating.
The early signs of pregnancy are usually fuzzy, non-specific and may be confused with general malaise due to some kind of illness.
The most frequent owners observe:
- Increased drowsiness. Usually the cat sleeps about 14 hours. If fertilization is successful, then the “sleepy” period is increased by 3-4 hours (it is impossible not to notice).
- Explicit loss of appetite. To be more precise, liquid, soft food and water are accepted willingly and in full, and solid food that needs to be chewed can be ignored. There is a connection with the general decline of physical forces on the background of hormonal regressions and transformations in metabolism.
- In the early stages of pregnancy, there is intense redness of the nipples. This is due to the physiological rush of blood to them. The color varies from coral to deep red. It is important that this symptom is not observed on all nipples evenly - the saturation decreases in the direction from the lower to the upper. This phenomenon is most clearly manifested in primiparous Murok.
- Nausea and vomiting. In cats during pregnancy, there is also toxicosis - they are sick, periodically vomiting at the very beginning of the period. Nausea is usually manifested by sudden increased drooling, frequent-frequent licking, and sometimes a low, drawn-out meow, such as "Mao." Frequency maximum is important - 2-3 times a day and not immediately after a meal. This is an important difference so as not to miss the symptoms of the disease.
- Apathy, indifference to other domestic living creatures. The cat will behave aggressively towards cats during pregnancy and is absolutely indifferent to other pets.
- Increased tenderness. Cats in the state of pregnancy become extremely affectionate; they purr more often and more, almost constantly climb on their knees to the person. This symptom is informative only when an animal, previously unsociable, becomes affectionate.
Interesting fact: cats are considered to be a kind of "determinants of pregnancy." They feel a special smell emanating from pregnant women - whether it is another animal or even a man - at the very first terms.
If the cat suddenly imbued with a sudden affection for any pet (dog / cat), rubs on their stomach, trying to lick. It is very likely that she feels the birth of a new life in the womb.
The instinct also works with people - baleen family members literally do not come unstuck from pregnant women in the first weeks, when this fact is not officially confirmed.
Changes in the body by week
Separating the signs of pregnancy in a cat by weeks is quite arbitrary, since each organism is individual. To say exactly what week is the animal will not work. You can track the tendency of separation in three-week phases:
The term is characterized by the earliest symptoms of pregnancy described in the previous section. The first thing that the owners will pay attention with a successful mating is passive behavior, drowsiness, loss of appetite in the first 3-4 days.
That is, a general sharp calm in terms of temperament with apathy is the very first sign of pregnancy of a cat. Appears characteristic of toxemia - nausea, vomiting.
In Scottish breed, toxicosis begins to manifest by the end of this period, and not at the beginning. The frequency of occurrence of superfetation is also high - estrus occurs in the middle of pregnancy (mating with the cat may occur again if present).
Pinking nipples by the end of 3 weeks. Inattentive owners or people who work a lot and stay at home rarely may not notice all these changes. Often the condition is confused with obesity and overeating.
At this gestation period, the cat already has some rounding of the tummy (from the 30th to the 35th day from the moment of conception). With careful stroking, you can grope the kittens. It is impossible to press hard on the abdominal cavity from this point on, it is not worth trying to count the number of babies - it will not work, and it can be very easy to harm a pregnant cat.
During this period, the appetite increases, may change the preferences in the feed. British breed in this period reduce the giving of fish. From her in the body begins to break down vitamin B, and it is very necessary and mother and future offspring.
In addition to everything, the cat begins to take care of itself - it does not run, does not jump, does not climb to a height, and very carefully eases it from it.
The period is characterized by the beginning of the active "shears" of kittens. By the appearance of movements under the palm on the stomach or visually while lying on one side, one can already understand for oneself whether the process of pregnancy in a cat is normal.
If at this time no tremors are felt - this is already a serious reason to turn to a veterinary specialist for advice.
At this gestational age, the mom-cat becomes restless, almost constantly purrs (“talking” with the household), is in constant search of not only a comfortable but also safe place for childbirth. Increased urination can be observed due to an increase in fetal pressure on the bladder.
Swelling of milk packs and nipples is added to the external manifestations of pregnancy, colostrum is secreted (by the end of the gestation period), pigment spots appear on the abdomen in the nipple area. The reason for all - hormonal changes. The temperature of the body is necessarily reduced to 37 ° C. If there is a desire or need to measure the temperature, then it is better to do it with a “fast” electronic thermometer.
What can confuse owners
There are similar pathology symptoms that can be confused with a real pregnancy:
What is the difference between these conditions and true pregnancy? In a false pregnancy, the cat has absolutely all the symptoms, except for one thing - there is no movement of the kittens at the prescribed period. With ascites and tumors, there is nothing but an increase in the abdomen from fluid accumulated in the abdominal cavity or the growth of the tumor in the abdominal cavity.
Both conditions are considered abnormalities in the health of the cat and require the intervention of a veterinarian. If there is a shortage of signs of a normal pregnancy, the cat should immediately carry it to the vet clinic for examination.
It is far from always possible to determine pregnancy by signs, since their appearance does not guarantee its 100% offensive — it can easily turn out to be false. The most reliable and the exact method in this case is ultrasoundWith the help of which, already in the second week after fertilization, the fetal bladder is noticeable, and after the 3rd week you can establish the heartbeat of the fetus.
Another method to determine pregnancy reliably is palpation. A veterinarian with great experience can install it already on the 2nd week - at this stage there appears such a sign as an increase in the uterus of the animal.
What signs indicate pregnancy
The first signs of pregnancy in a cat can be detected after about 10 days from the date of mating. During this period, implantation occurs - the attachment of embryos to the walls of the uterus, the hormonal background of the expectant mother changes dramatically, and in this connection her behavior and well-being change. External signs appear a little later.
The main symptoms of pregnancy cats at an early stage will be as follows:
- The cat becomes more tame and affectionate, seeking the attention of the owner.
- At the initial stage, appetite may sharply deteriorate, and toxicosis may occur - just like a pregnant woman.
- The cat can sleep more than usual, its activity decreases. Her behavior does not always change, but if there are some oddities in it that are not characteristic of her at the usual time, then with a high probability we can assume that this is one of the signs of pregnancy.
- At about the third week, the most reliable sign appears - the mammary glands swell and change the color of the nipples: they turn bright pink.
At 3-5 weeks, the signs become more obvious: the belly and sides are rounded, it begins to take care of itself when jumping from a height, it becomes less mobile. In an animal, food preferences may change, and the appetite will increase significantly.
It is possible to determine how many kittens are being hatched during the period of the 5th beginning of the 6th week. At this moment they are well felt and can be counted.
At 7-8 weeks, the movement of the babies inside is already very noticeable - at the moments when the pet is resting, you can see the wave-like movement of the walls of her belly.
Shortly before birth, characteristic signs appear in the form of mucous secretions from the genital organs, the release of colostrum from the nipples. Behavior becomes restless, she is looking for shelter, can meow a lot, build a "nest". It is important to prepare her a comfortable place for giving birth.where she will feel safe.
The first signs of pregnancy in the British cat can sometimes be confused with the usual weight gain due to the fact that the constitution of the representatives of this breed is in itself rather rounded. In order not to be mistaken, one can observe her gait: if she is expecting babies, her spine will bend down in the lumbar region, and only the belly will be enlarged.
Sometimes it happens that the cat did not have a meeting with the cat, but by all indications it behaves as if the birth is not far off. The owners are perplexed and do not know how to explain this phenomenon. Так проявляет себя ложная беременность. Наступить она может, к примеру, если рядом живет недавно родившая кошка, или произошло неудачное оплодотворение.
The signs of a false pregnancy in cats can coincide with the signs of a real pregnancy: the abdomen increases, the appetite increases, the cat builds a nest, its behavior often changes - it becomes too gentle and demanding or, conversely, irritable and tries to retire.
The main difference is that after a while all the symptoms disappear without a trace.
If this happens quite often, the cat should be shown to the veterinarian in order to exclude pathologies associated with its health.
Signs of pregnancy in cats
Deciding to discover the breeding of a feline, the owners often wonder how to determine the success of the operation. First of all, you should closely monitor the first signs of pregnancy in the cat. Making sure they are available, you can make a test visit to a veterinary clinic for more accurate diagnosis.
Pets tied to human attention and care need help and support from the owner. That is why it is important to be well-grounded and ready to meet with possible difficulties.
Signs of pregnancy in cats
Successful mating factors
The continuation of the cat's offspring is impossible without following a number of rules.
The success of the mating process is determined by the following factors:
- The correct age. Experts do not recommend practicing early mating after the first heat. In such cases, the offspring is born weak, and the cat can get severe postpartum complications. The optimal age is 1.5 years.
- Rolling the cat on the floor after the cat covers it.
- Change in color and swelling of mucous membranes in the genital tract. The color of the mucous takes an intense and bright shade.
- Loss of interest in the male. The cat begins to lick himself and keeps himself apart. When you try to cover the cat again, he is waiting for aggression from the former partner.
- Decreased appetite and lethargy. For about half a week, such a condition for a successfully covered cat is considered the norm.
Early signs of pregnancy in cats are difficult to diagnose, especially if this is the first case in your practice. The first week, as a rule, passes unnoticed (there is a chance to see minor changes in behavior only with a special affinity with a pet).
In the future, you can see that:
- Reduced activity is accompanied by constant drowsiness. Fluffy pet more often refuses to eat and by all means tries to get as much attention from the owner.
- The color of the nipples gets a noticeable pinkish hue.
- Due to the stretching of the uterus and hormonal imbalance, lethargy and nausea are observed.
- After 20 days, a specialist can diagnose pregnancy with palpation.
The second stage can be characterized as follows:
- The fifth week is notable for the growth of the tummy and its subsequent rounding. Fetal maturation in cats is fast, so a week later, the stomach will significantly increase in size.
- Closer to the sixth week, you can feel the kittens. It is necessary to treat the cat's stomach with the utmost caution, as excessive pressure can cause miscarriages. Do not once again show interest, if there is no confidence in their actions.
- After a little more than a month (on day 35), the uterus fills the fluid, which makes it difficult to determine the number of pups by palpating. At this time, it is better to do an ultrasound.
At the last stage, changes in the animal are already obvious and are not in doubt:
- Seven weeks later, the expectant mother is anxious and looking for a secluded place. Kittens are moving in the tummy and their heads can be groped.
- Last week you can trace the characteristic swelling of the mammary glands.
- A small amount of white fluid can be excreted from the genitals.
- A few days before giving birth, the apathy of the animal goes away. The cat starts to follow the man everywhere and show anxiety.
- When deciding to take delivery yourself, it is better to first consult with a veterinarian and make a control x-ray the day before. In case of possible pathologies, it is better to transfer the animal into the hands of specialists.
How often do cats give birth?
Childbirth is a complex physiological process. Control of childbirth on the part of the owner implies concern for the health of the expectant mother. For this you need to understand how often you can cover a cat for breeding offspring.
As a rule, animals that live on the street breed far less than those that live with people. This is due to nature to control the numbers of the species. However, this fact is by no means a guide to frequent mating for breeders. A smart owner who cares about the health of his pet should, first of all, take into account the general state of health of the animal when planning the next pregnancy.
Veterinarians agree that the optimal frequency for childbirth is one (maximum two) once a year. Nevertheless, we should not forget that only a breeder can know all the features of his pet. If the cat tolerates childbirth easily, and empty estrus gives her serious discomfort, you can increase the number of births to three or four times.
Frequent pregnancy seriously wears the cat's body, disrupting the processes of metabolism and blood formation. An animal needs at least 8 months to rest. Sometimes it takes a year or more to recuperate.
Now, knowing what signs of pregnancy in a pet should pay attention, the pregnancy of your beloved pet will not be a surprise.
In conclusion, it is worth noting a few important points:
- Some cats do not lose heat at the time of carrying cubs. Despite the current situation, with a good coverage of the cat, the uterus will be replenished with new embryos. In this case, later embryos will not receive enough time for development and the probability of their further survival is as close to zero as possible.
- At the time of postpartum recovery, it is recommended to introduce vitamins and special high-class food into the pet's diet.
- Frequent delivery leads to the rapid death of the animal, shortening the life span and threatening the onset of oncology.
Treat the cat as a full-fledged family member, and they will surely reward you with healthy offspring and reciprocal love.
When a cat can get pregnant
Physiological maturity in cats occurs approximately at the age of 5-9 months: by this time the production and maintenance of hormones responsible for the sexual instinct and fertile ability reaches the required level. An unequivocal evidence of this is estrus, or estrus.. The behavior of the pet changes dramatically:
- she becomes restless
- rolling on the floor
- rubs against objects
- urinates more often, sometimes even ignoring the tray,
- constantly and almost continuously meowing loudly or shouting, calling for cats.
However, whatever discomfort may create this period, the responsible owner will not go on about his pet, giving her the opportunity for mating. At the age of a little over six months, the cat psychologically and physically remains a kitten: the final formation of the skeleton and the formation of internal organs did not take place, the representatives of large breeds still have a phase of active growth, and only the established hormonal background speaks about readiness for mating.
It is interesting! Kittens born as a result of pregnancy at such an early age of the mother are likely to be weak, non-viable.
And the cat itself, bearing the offspring, is unlikely to become a full-fledged participant in breeding work in the future: the first mating and pregnancy of such a young mommy lead to a slowdown, and sometimes even to stop growth. In addition, according to statistics, early untied and gave birth to cats more often than others, refuse newborn kittens and suffer miscarriages.
Age of cat for pregnancy
A truly mature cat becomes only by the time of the second or third heat. Breeders and veterinarians consider the age of 1.5 years to be optimal for the first mating, and for representatives of breeds that are slow in their development (British women, Maine Coons), it is strongly recommended to carry out the first breeding not earlier than the animal reaches the age of two years. This will help the cat to avoid psychological trauma and hormonal problems, and spinal diseases in the future. Kittens as a result of such a "planned" pregnancy are born strong and healthy.
On the question of how old a cat retains the ability to bear and give birth to offspring, there is no definite answer. In extremely rare cases, the reproductive function of some individuals is preserved until they reach the venerable age of 20 years. Of course, the older the animal, the baboutmost problems occur pregnancy. And although the birth itself can take place quite well for the mother, the kittens are often born painful, weak, with congenital defects. Older pregnant cats often have prolonged pererashivanie, and in such cases the litter is doomed to death.
Therefore, even if the elderly, over the age of 8 years old, the pet still continues to feel like a girl on the issue and "walks", you should not arrange a mating: late pregnancy is a threat to the health of the mother and the life of the offspring.
How often do cats give birth?
Those who have the misfortune to belong to indifferent "owners" and homeless cats may have up to 4-5 litters a year. The cycle consisting of uncontrolled mating, each time leading to the onset of pregnancy and childbirth, a week after which the cat is again ready to mating, completely exhausts the animal. It rarely lives to even 7 years.
If the cat is valuable for breeding, the breeder should be guided by the rules of the “Ordinance on breeding work”, according to which binding cannot occur more often than 3 times in 2 years. Thus, an eight-month interval between births is determined, during which the animal's body is fully restored and prepared for the next opportunity for the birth of kittens. The pause in childbirth is also reasonable from the point of view of the prospect of obtaining further excellent, viable offspring.
Important! In approximately the same way, the owner, taking care of the health of his pet, must establish the frequency of labor, even if it is an ordinary Murka who does not have an aristocratic background.
It should also take into account whether the mother had any complications at birth kittens.
The interval between births should be extended to 10 months, if the following were noted:
- weak labor activity
- fetus membranes not released on their own,
- postpartum metritis,
- tetany - milk fever due to a sharp reduction in the amount of calcium in the circulating blood current.
Features in the early stages
Another symptom that deserves attention is appetite changes: at first it decreases somewhat, but by the end of the 3rd week of pregnancy, the expectant mother begins to intensively replenish the energy lost during love dates and accumulate new resources for carrying kittens. During this period, the daily amount of food eaten can exceed 1.5-2 times that norm, which was sufficient in normal physiological status. It is possible that taste preferences will also change: instead of the always-desired food or favorite treat, the cattle will have a craving for some unusual food.
In the initial stage of pregnancy, some cats may experience toxicosis, manifested by morning nausea and vomiting, a slight increase in body temperature. This condition, if not aggravated by more serious symptoms, usually lasts no more than 10-14 days and does not require treatment.
Changes and behavior of the cat. Always sweet and affectionate, the pet becomes irritable, capricious, and with respect to other animals, and to its relatives, especially cats, shows aggression. But soon enough, in two or three weeks, the opposite picture will be observed: yesterday's evil fury is asking for pens, looking for close contact with the owner, resuming friendly relations with companion animals. An attentive owner, who knows almost all the habits and characteristics of his kitty, will definitely notice the changes that happened to her shortly after the mating and with a high degree of probability can speak about the successful result of “wedding amusements”.
Signs of a false pregnancy
False pregnancy (graviditas spuria) in cats is the result of a mating that remains sterile when the eggs are not fertilized, despite normal ovulation. This occurs either with problems with the quality of the seminal fluid of the cat, or with an excess of progesterone in the cat, produced by the corpus luteum of the ovaries.
It is interesting! Infectious and systemic diseases, pathologies of the reproductive organs in cats can also provoke graviditas spuria. False pregnancy sometimes occurs without mating. In this case, the causes most often are hormonal and endocrine disorders.
An imaginary pregnancy, like a normal one, is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- pink nipples
- increase in the size of milk packages
- increased appetite
- a rounded belly
- digestive disorders,
- the release of colostrum from the nipples.
At an early stage of seeming dullness, a cat looks sluggish and passive, loses interest in games, sleeps a lot, and as far as “approaching births”:
- becomes restless
- often takes the pose that is characteristic of feeding,
- moves “kittens” from place to place, whose role is played by soft toys, slippers, hats,
- begins to look for and equip himself a secluded place.
The intensity of the behavioral symptoms is individual and depends on the hormonal level, as well as the type of the nervous system of the animal: some cats acutely tolerate the state of graviditas spuria, others almost do not respond to the physiological changes that occur.
But anywayfalse pregnancy, especially if it periodically recurs, is dangerous as a source of serious complications:
- and may also initiate the development of tumor processes.
The question of drug treatment is decided by a veterinarian: since therapy in such cases involves the appointment of not only stopping lactation, but also sedative, anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, the general condition of the cat should be taken into account in each individual case.
When to go to the vet
In physiological pregnancy, sometimes situations may also arise where medical intervention is necessary. For an animal in an “interesting position” any infection is dangerous. The following points are alarming and serving as reasons for contacting a veterinarian:
- more than a day lasting refusal of an animal to eat
- body temperature below 37 ° C or above 38 ° C,
- the cat is breathing heavily and drinking a lot of fluid
- frequent and severe retching or invincible vomiting.
The same symptomatic picture, supplemented by unpleasantly smelling, colored and opaque discharge from the vulva, can signal a missed abortion. This is an extremely dangerous situation when the cat's body suffers from severe intoxication during the putrefactive decay of dead embryos.
When the discharge is bloody scarlet and is observed for longer than 10 minutes, they speak of complete bleeding, most often accompanying the rupture of the tissues of the uterus. The condition requires urgent professional intervention and stopping the process. In general, a cat owner should be aware that discharge during pregnancy is not the norm. The difficulty lies in the fact that the pet-cleaners very often lick, simply not giving the owner the opportunity to notice the warning signs.
Therefore, in order to wait for the appearance of kittens safely, throughout the entire period of gestation, it is necessary to closely monitor the condition of the future mother, to notice and correctly assess any changes in her behavior and well-being in time.