The history of this bird is rooted in ancient times. Once the layer was popular in our latitudes, was bred in breeding farms and simple poultry farmers. But, over time, its livestock became so small that the poultry farmers were concerned that it could disappear altogether.
Around the 19th century, the Pavlovsk chickens were on the verge of extinction, but the breeders took measures to conserve the variety in time and thanks to their efforts the bird still exists today.
The first mention of an incredibly beautiful chicken date back to the beginning of the 17th century. Her homeland is the village of Pavlovo, which was located in the Nizhny Novgorod province.
At that time, this village was considered one of the most famous industrial centers, and surpassed many other regions in its development and standard of living. In the village produced metal products, which were exported to other countries. In addition, the village was famous for the abundance of various selections of poultry.
The standard for chicken was drawn up only at the beginning of the 20th century. In those days, she was able to see the world, and poultry farmers from Europe and America became interested in her. Today it is bred for decorative purposes, but it is also good in laying and has other positive characteristics.
Pavlovskaya breed of chickens leading in the list of Russian breeds of chickens!
Both chickens and chickens have a memorable appearance. Even in ancient times, artists depicted them on their canvases. Consider the main characteristics by which you can find out the representatives of the domestic breed.
- Flabby body, elongated, horizontal setting. Due to such a special physique, they look incredibly graceful, which distinguishes them from other representatives of the chicken world.
- Chickens are also special in their plumage. Not only their slender bodies, but also their paws, and even their heads are covered with feathers. On top of it stands a lush, corona-shaped tuft, which is a little more expressive in cockerels than in feathered females. In addition, Pavlovsky chickens have a lush beard, sideburns, as well as "pants" of feathers. It distinguishes winged hooks and coat color. It is of two kinds - golden with black patches, and also silver with the same spots.
- Klush has a very expressive face. The head is round, decorated with a pink-colored or pea-shaped scallop of bright red color. The bill is very large and wide, with pronounced, voluminous nostrils, of various colors, but always in tone with the paws.
- Paws long, feathered, may be yellow, gray-yellow and gray.
- The average live weight for birds is from 1.7 kg to 2.2 kg. The leaders of the pack gain weight to about 2.5-2.7 kg. In some cases, these figures may differ slightly, since a lot of time has passed since the moment of hatching, and today scientists are revising the breed standards in order to enter relevant data.
Pavlovskaya breed of chickens with character
Pavlovskaya breed of chickens is not only an ornamental bird, memorable for its bright appearance. No less remarkable is her character. It should be noted that female representatives differ in disposition from their gentlemen. The ears are sedate, a little awkward, but in any situations they manage to maintain steadfastness and calm.
They are difficult to scare, because they feel the protection of the leaders. But the fact is that cockerels have the exact opposite character. In the pack, a leader who does not tolerate competition is immediately determined, and begins to remove competitors.
Fighting between cockerels is common. Leaders can direct their aggression to people, if they notice something suspicious in their behavior. Therefore, the poultry farmers, in contact with the family, behave cautiously, try not to make sudden movements, so as not to cause an outbreak of aggression in the male half.
Such characteristics as early laying ability, high productivity, and others are not particularly important for decorative wedges. But, ideally, when Pavlovskaya breed of chickens combines not only a pleasant appearance, but also the above parameters.
The variety considered by us belongs to those rare beauties who are not only beautiful, but also start egg production early.
Birds ripen around the fifth month of life, and at the same time you can get the first testicles from them. A stable masonry is established in about 3-4 weeks.
The most controversial point is the egg production of the Pavlovsk breed of chickens. According to the standard, the layer produces about 160-180 eggs per year, and they are not very large - up to 50 grams in weight. But, poultry farmers celebrate record performance indicators for the majority of representatives.
Some hens are able to produce more than a hundred, and at the same time maintain maximum performance over 3 years. Such figures allow the decorative beauty to compete with many modern crosses.
Given the fact that she has incomparably more advantages over modern hybrids, she could successfully replace them.
And again, the laudatory ode to the Russian beauty - she is also a good mother hen for her chicks. Besides the fact that the kid can independently hatch and raise chicks, she is one of the best "adoptive" moms.
Often, poultry farmers are attracted to the furry hen as a temporary nurse for foreign chicks and to hatch eggs from those representatives of the chicken world who have lost their basic instinct.
From the first days, the young are distinguished by their appearance and have similarities with their parents. Babies are born in a timely manner - about 3 weeks after the start of incubation. They have a small weight, and the body is covered with thick fluff.
Adult feather fouling rate is very high, so babies do not have to warm for long. Chickens of the Pavlovsky breed Ku grow not very quickly, and the maximum weight can be observed closer to 8-10 months of life.
It is necessary to care for the chicks and feed them according to the traditional scheme - below we will look at a few recommendations about this.
- The most important thing is to create good conditions for the first days of chick life. All they need is a small area of the room in which it is necessary to maintain a stable air temperature, cleanliness and dryness. The air temperature should not be lower than 28 degrees, but not higher than 32. The recommended humidity is 55-65%, but not higher. If the overly dry air chicks can move without consequences, then high humidity can cause infectious diseases and even death of the young. Ideal for the young - the content along with the feathered mommy, but if this is not possible - you need to create artificially optimal conditions for rearing.
- To feed the young need boiled egg, semolina or small corn grits, cottage cheese, chopped greens. This diet is enriched with vitamin supplements, minerals that are served every other day.
- The first few weeks it is extremely important to take care of the cleanliness - to disinfect the dishes, to replace the litter in time. Chickens only form an immunity, and for this reason they are overly susceptible to infectious agents.
- As a preventive measure, it is necessary to vaccinate children from common infectious diseases.
- In 10-15 days young animals are transferred to starter feed, and then to growth, such mixtures contain everything necessary for growth and development. In addition, greens, vegetables and other supplements containing fats, minerals and vitamins are used in the diet.
What to feed an adult herd?
Russian hens are also good because they do not require any special feed. They can eat along with all the village birds by what they find under their feet. But, if the nutrition is not balanced and cannot cover the needs of the hens, it will be impossible to get the maximum performance from them.
Below we consider a few basic recommendations for feeding winged beauties.
- Farmers prefer to choose a dry type of feeding for bearded workers. But, this is not always a good solution. On the one hand, the dry type of feeding allows you to keep the beards and feathers clean, and on the other hand, nothing is as well absorbed as homemade wet mash. With a wet mash, it is easy to serve fats, proteins and carbohydrates in an easily digestible form to chickens.
- Dry grain, or a mixture of cereals - the basis of the daily menu. In order for the chickens to receive all the necessary substances, it is necessary to combine different types of grain, or to buy ready-made feed, in which a balanced composition.
- Recommended 3-time feeding mode. In summertime, you can feed only 2 times, as the winged family eats greens and pasture on the walking yard during the day.
Maintenance and care
Mouths do not need any special conditions for life. They need the same as other poultry. Consider recommendations for the content of the family.
- This species is frost resistant and can withstand even very low temperatures. Chickens winter without heating and love to walk on a snowy courtyard. Combs suffer only at very low temperatures. The optimum climate for indoor hens is 10-15 degrees Celsius.
- Small leaves do not tolerate crowding, and the house should be spacious. At 1 meter perch can accommodate no more than 3 beauties. Walking should also be free, so that Pavlovsk chickens did not crowd and did not conflict about this. This must be taken into account in the arrangement of feeders and drinkers - so that all members of the family can approach them at once.
- The remaining standard requirements are cleanliness, maintenance, installation of comfortable nests and care for the safety of winged beauties.
Shedding and break in laying
During the season of molting, it is necessary to support the family with vitamins, fats, minerals - this is the time of a huge load on the organisms of birds. New feathers will grow back in 2 months, and at this time it is advisable to keep balding beauties warm and well fed. In the season of molting weakens, or laying stops completely, but with time everything will recover.
Chickens do not have health problems that are characteristic of many other species. The only thing it can suffer from is the lack of nutrients and vitamins. In this case, the winged beauties Pavlovsky chickens begin to peck at each other's feathers, even flashes of cannibalism are possible.
But, it is easy to correct the situation by enriching the diet with special additives, due to which nutritional deficiencies will be eliminated.
Advantages and disadvantages
First, it should be noted that there are practically no flaws in the variety. If you do not take into account the high cost and shortage of incubation material. Of the advantages it is worth to highlight the decorativeness in combination with good user qualities, as well as cold resistance, the ability to tolerate frosts and a high survival rate.
Extravagant Pavlovsk chickens! Help your friends find out about the Russian beauty - share a link to the article on social networks! Do not miss the new publications - subscribe to updates of the site to be the first to read the latest materials!
Good luck and all the best!
In the comments you can add your photos of laying hens, rooster and chickens!
Like this article? Share with your friends in social networks:
The origin and advantages of the breed
Birds with an unusual tuft on the head and variegated plumage were seen on the farmsteads of the residents of the village of Pavlovo, Nizhny Novgorod province several centuries ago. After the presentation at the exhibition in Moscow, the chickens called Pavlovsk quickly spread to the private farms of Russia. This was facilitated not only by the original appearance of the birds, but also by the ability to easily endure cold winters.
In the post-revolutionary country, bright, crested chickens were forgotten and almost disappeared. Only at the end of the twentieth century a group of enthusiasts took up the problem and restored the variety.
Motley birds stand out not only for their bright plumage, but also endowed with a host of other virtues.
- The presence of thick feather cover allows them to easily tolerate frosts.
- Chickens quickly adapt to any weather conditions.
- To feed the birds are not picky.
- The breed is endowed with strong immunity, so chickens rarely get sick.
Pavlovsk chickens liking phlegmatic. They patiently sit on nests, which is in the hands of poultry farmers, laying eggs of other breeds under pestles. Roosters are famous for their hard work. Individuals of the male can not tolerate the presence of competitors, so often arrange fights.
Attention! During the period of breed revival at one of the auctions, the rate on the purchase of a pair of Pavlovian breed chickens increased to $ 2 million.
Appearance and productivity
Pavlov's chickens look not quite usual. Some fans, because of the similarity of feather color, compare the breed with pheasants. Describe the breed as follows:
- The main sign of the breed - lush tuft, "looking" up. In some individuals it is sprawling, in others it seems to be compressed from all sides.
- The head is small. The beak of the hens is colored yellow. The nostrils are high.
- The little crest is almost completely hidden under the tuft.
- The iris is usually dark cherry, but it can also be black.
- Beams of feathers are located under the eyes and beak, giving the appearance of whiskers and beards.
- The ears and earrings of hens are hidden under the plumage.
- The body is small in size. Chest bulged forward. The rooster is not much bigger than a chicken.
- The tail consists of long, curved feathers.
- Legs of medium length are densely covered with feathers. On the legs are long bunches called "hawk pants".
- Fingers are covered with small feathers.
- Roosters are larger than chickens. They have more tuft and longer tail.
By coloring distinguish 2 main varieties of chickens: golden and silver. Performance can not be called great. Chickens have a decorative orientation of breeding. Eggs from one individual receive an average of 150 pieces per year. Roosters reach a weight of 2 kg, chicken - up to 1.5 kg.
Pavlovsky chickens are characterized by natural mobility, respectively, they provide special conditions of detention. Coop equip spacious with access to the aviary of a large area. Although chickens are endowed with thick plumage and are famous for resistance to frost, it is better to arrange a warmed place of residence for them.
Attention! You can not keep chickens of this breed in the cages. It is necessary that they spend a lot of time in a spacious aviary or in free range. When mobility is limited, birds lose their decorative appearance and often get sick.
The height of the walls in the hen house requires at least 2 m. Perches are fixed at 80 cm. The floor is covered with hay or straw.
Pavlovsky chickens are undemanding to the diet, but some rules in feeding should be followed.
- Feed must be fresh, without the presence of impurities.
- The daily diet of an adult bird consists of grain, green plants, mineral additives.
- At night, all the feeders are cleaned. The spoiled feed is not suitable for distribution in the hen house.
Of the varieties of food, it is important that the menu is dominated by wet food, the so-called mash. They consist of chopped vegetables, grass, animal feed, cake, waste from the kitchen and the liquid part in the form of water, sour milk, whey. This feed is easily digested, so pets get a lot of nutrients. Be sure to give the hens grain crops, periodically changing them.
As stated in the description, pavlovsk chickens are excellent hens. But farmers practice and incubation cultivation. Chickens come to light in 19-21 days. In the early days, babies need to be kept at a temperature of 28-30 ° C, but if they grow up with mom, the issue is solved by itself. The air at this time is preferable to dry. With increased humidity there is a risk of developing diseases.
Be sure to monitor the cleanliness of the litter. It is changed several times a day. From the fodder in the first days give chopped eggs, semolina, cottage cheese. As they grow, they gradually translate into adult nutrition.
Coming from the village of Pavlovo among poultry farmers are not considered unpretentious breed. These chickens require constant attention and care. However, efforts over time are rewarded. Even one pair of these native Russian birds will be the main decoration of the monastery.
Data on the origin of the breed line
Experts find it difficult to say exactly which year the Pavlovian breed of chickens appeared and to whom the laurels of its breeding belong. It is only known that such a bird began to grow in the Nizhny Novgorod province, in the village of Pavlovo in the XVII century.
In the XIX century, beautiful layers began to spread across European countries. At first they settled down in Turkey, where they were called sultan, then in Britain. In Russia, Pavlovka at that time almost completely disappeared. It was possible to restore the breed only at the end of the 19th century, when chickens were shown at the international agricultural exhibition in Moscow.
In 1899 Pavlovsk beauties were listed in the book of national bird species. They began to grow actively again. But this situation did not last long. Революция 1917 года и ее последствия – раскулачивание, Гражданская война, нанесли породе серьезный урон. Птиц перестали разводить, следить за их соответствием эталонным показателям.
Порода была снова восстановлена в СССР в конце 1980-х. Professional poultry farmers crossed European market for a long time, Turkish sultans, Dutch and la-flush chickens, and finally managed to achieve a revival of the reference Pavlovka.
Characteristics of the exterior: breed standard
Visually, Pavlovian chickens are different from other domestic birds. They are characterized by visual appeal, grace, aristocratic posture and good productivity. Therefore, they are grown not only because of eggs and meat, but also purely for decorative purposes - as a decoration of a private courtyard.
Exterior signs of chickens are as follows:
- magnificent plumage on the paws in the form of "pants", on the legs - feather spurs,
- loosely rounded little head
- the wings are well developed, primary feathers are pressed to the body,
- helmet compressed tuft,
- beautiful collar
- fan-shaped, very lush tail,
- on the cheeks feather beard, thick tanks,
- horizontally located, rather massive body,
- small earrings and a beautiful comb,
- chocolate, golden or black bulging eyes,
- beak curved, black and yellow with a subtle blue shade.
The crested beaver's chest is protruded forward, and the back tapers to the tail, which is set vertically. Pavlovka chickens have more modest plumage than roosters.
Appearance of representatives of the breed
Deviations from the standard and grounds for rejection
A bird does not pass the test for the breed standard if it does not correspond to the exterior described above. Culling chickens carried out according to the following characteristics:
- too developed tuft,
- excessive "fluffiness",
- too small or, conversely, a big beard,
- there are no feathers on their paws,
- 5 fingers
- not standard color shades of paws or feathers.
Externally, chickens with such deviations look great. But to use them for breeding purebred Pavlovka is prohibited.
Plumage color varieties
Now breeders grow birds with different feathers. The most popular is the Pavlovian golden breed. She is bred most often. It is characterized by:
- golden main tinge of plumage,
- the presence of regular crescents or specks on the ends of all feathers,
- variegated or black tanks with beard and tuft.
On certain parts of the body of golden chickens, the spots on feathers are folded into the Latin letter V. In the sunlight, the feathers of birds delight the eye with a bright and intense shine.
Less popular is the Pavlovsk silver breed of chickens. Her feathers are white with black or dark gray dots and patches that are cast in the light green. The plumage of silver layers does not shine in the sun.
Note! Birds, whose plumage casts silver, are more expensive than gold, as the latter are more common.
Rarely found other types of Pavlovian beauties. If you wish, you can find:
- white chickens with snow-white plumage,
- yellow birds with a fawn and red tint,
- porcelain (variegated) chickens,
- black laying hens, which in their exterior characteristics are similar to roe-breeds grown in Siberia.
Temperament of birds
Pavlovka chickens have a stormy character. If they are not sleeping, they are constantly trying to take off, they actively dig in the ground, run around the yard or the paddock fenced off for them, fuss, do not sit still for a minute.
Important! Soaring bird catch is not easy at all. Pavlovian hens and roosters easily overcome the walls of a great height and can change their direction of flight in flight.
Roosters are more snooty
Roosters are more cocky and very hot-tempered. They immediately rush to extraneous animals caught in their territory. Aggressiveness allows roosters to take precedence over large cats and dogs. However, they do not conflict with other poultry. They are allowed to grow in the same pen with:
If someone unexpectedly approaches the Pavlovka or they hear a sharp, loud, unusual sound, the whole flock will start running around the paddock, actively flapping their wings and shouting. Chickens get used to their owners quickly, but on condition that they were bought at an early age. Making contact with adults is not easy for a person.
Pavlovka is an early breed of egg and meat type. Its productive indicators are as follows:
- Egg production - up to 300 oblong beige, creamy or white eggs weighing 50–65 g per year.
- The mass of adult chickens - up to 2 kg, roosters - up to 3 kg.
- Delicious and tender gourmet meat with a small amount of fat, which is easily absorbed by the body of adults and children.
- 95–100% survival rate of young stock due to high maternal chick instinct. Often, Pavlovka enclose the eggs of other birds, and they hatch them.
Pavlov breed starts to be laid at the age of 6–7 months. The productivity of the process does not change for 4.5–5 years. Pavlovka bear eggs, even in winter (albeit in smaller quantities), unlike most other chicken breeds.
Advantages and disadvantages of Pavlovian chickens
People breeding the described breed in their own compound, note a number of its important advantages. These include:
- early maturity
- good egg production (including in winter),
- high resilience of adults and chickens.
The disadvantages of the breed include the noise and increased activity of chickens, their ability to fly to a great height. When a bird is kept in covered capital pens, these disadvantages are not significant.
Features of the birds in the private sector
Pavlovsky layers and cockerels should be grown in spacious and warm chicken houses, occasionally letting them out to the yard. In close and narrow cages, this breed is not bred due to the high mobility of chickens.
Poles are installed in pens (from the floor - at a height of about 0.9 m). Additional stairs and steps to attach to them is not required. Chickens gladly hop on their own. It is not necessary to heat the coop even in severe cold. The bird tolerates frost problems without any problems.
In summer, chickens should be allowed to walk as often as possible. It is optimal to build for these purposes a separate light house of a large area with perches.
An important nuance! There should be no drafts in the installation sites of the poles.
Caring for chickens
Service Pavlovsk breed requires a minimum of time. Chickens should be fed regularly, and once a month they should be treated with parasite insect repellents.
In nests where birds carry eggs, hay needs to be changed once a month. A common litter in the chicken coop is replaced every 10–12 months, not more often.
It is recommended to regularly collect laid eggs. Pavlovka can break the shell and feast on its contents. If possible, it is advisable to mount nests with special egg collectors.
Once every 50–60 days a thorough feeding of the feeders and drinkers is performed. With the onset of cold weather in the poultry house, it is necessary to extend the light day using artificial light lamps for this purpose. In winter, the light in the capital pen should be on for 14–16 hours.
In the summer, free-range feeding of chickens is minimal. They are given a small amount of standard mixes. The rest of the food will be obtained by the birds themselves. They will begin to pinch grass, actively eat the seeds of various plants, worms and small insects.
If summer walking is done in a large free area, the normal diet is reduced by about a third (from 50 to 30–35 grams per individual). It is enough to probe the goiter of a chicken to understand whether it is full or not. When this part of the esophagus is little filled or empty, the bird is required to give more feed.
Important! In drinking bowls, water is changed twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. When they are heavily contaminated, fluid replacement is performed as needed. Water in the drinker should always be clean!
In winter, the ration is obliged to contain grass meal, cereal mixtures, mineral and vitamin premixes, whey in small quantities, animal feed, wet mash. Chickens should be given fish, meat and any other waste from the person’s table, as long as they are not rotten and not sour.
Subtleties breeding livestock
Covered pens for chickens are equipped with windows. Sunlight should be present in the room. The height of the house is not less than 200 cm. Other important requirements for the chicken coop:
- Arrangement of special containers filled with sand and ash. In such baths birds “bathe”, getting rid of insects and parasites.
- The presence in the door of a small opening through which chickens will go out and go into the pen.
- Flooring on the floor of dry foliage, straw, peat, small sawdust or conventional wood shavings.
Under one hen it is possible to enclose up to 10 eggs. Do not worry - the crested beauty sees them all. And then it will be anxious to take care of the offspring. None of the chick will not be lost and will not be removed from the brood.
Pavlov chickens have a high level of resilience. Excessive care they do not require. In the first few days after birth, they are fed with eggs (boiled them hard and crushed together with the shell), which can be mixed with boiled millet, corn or wheat.
For 3-4 days give boiled potatoes and fresh vegetable food:
On days 5–6, they are fed dry and moistened masses, yeast, tops, animals and dairy chicken feed, grass and pine flour, tops. Drink plenty of water to the chicks.
Up to 45-50 days of age, chickens require additional heating of the room where they are located. When young growth fully relies, the heating is turned off.
Breeding and maintenance of the most beautiful domestic breed of chickens does not have any significant difficulties. A minimum of worries and you get eggs and tasty meat on your table, as well as enjoy the decorative look of pavlovki.
From the history of the breed
Pavlovsk chickens have There are huge gaps in their pedigree, since the ancestors of this breed have not survived. But some of their origin is still known. In the Nizhny Novgorod village of Pavlovo, residents engaged in blacksmithing and poultry breeding.
The villagers received permission from Empress Catherine II to sell their craft products throughout Russia. And poultry breeders brought golden chickens. Pavlovskaya breed of chickens began to wander to other countries, gradually becoming the number one ornamental breed in the world. Now the old breed of the first Pavlovian chickens finally restored.
Graceful chickens with a tuft in the form of a helmet, with a beard and tanks look not only beautiful, but also unusual. Pavlovsky rooster is not much different in color of plumage from the chicken of its breed. It is larger, has a small scallop and crest on its head, the same as that of the hen. There are earrings, but hidden under the plumage, on a short neck is a magnificent collar. Pavlovskaya breed of chickens provides only two types of color:
- golden with specks
The golden color of plumage in Pavlovian chickens is the most common. The predominant colors of these birds are the color of gold and brown, which turns into a black border. With silver plumage the main color is white.
Although this breed is considered decorative by its purpose, some of its indicators make it possible to classify Pavlovian chickens to the meat-and-egg direction. In this case, the following indicators are taken into account:
- egg production for decorative breeds is quite high
- the young stock is well preserved
- chickens up to ninety percent
- with proper nutrition, birds are always well fed.
With all the early maturity of the breed, they are small. Their weight ranges from 1.7 to 3 kilograms. Eggs per year you can get up to three hundred pieces. One egg weighs a little over fifty grams. Sometimes farmers are fraudulently forced to hatch chicks of all existing chicken breeds.. Mothers do not notice the substitution and willingly accept the conditions of the host.
In order to breed chickens of Pavlovian breed, it is necessary to select larger eggs. When the chicks hatch, the hens willingly take care of themselves and the training. They teach them to the house, constantly keep the kids in their sight, learn to look for food, if necessary, warm their body.
Pavlovsk chickens have a number of advantages., because of which cause a person’s desire to contain them:
- very early start laying eggs,
- eggs are large,
- hens are beautiful hens,
- chickens have a high survival rate.
There are only two drawbacks to pavlovsk chicken:
- this breed is rare, and therefore its acquisition is very expensive,
- breed productivity is low.
Pavlovskaya golden hen very caring mother hen. Chicks are born viable, little prone to disease. Thus, Pavlovian chickens are easily bred even in the household of not very experienced poultry farmers.
As stated earlier, the chicken coop must be warmBut the birds have dense plumage and will easily withstand frosts and will perfectly survive the frosts even in unheated rooms. To avoid unnecessary experiments with the health and life of expensive birds, one should ensure the necessary thermal conditions in the winter period.
There are several requirements for a chicken coop:
- an area of three square meters
- the height of the coop is two meters,
- there must be a window in the room
- the door should be insulated and an additional hole in the wall should be made, which will ensure exit from the room to fresh air at any time,
- perches should be located at a height of eighty centimeters from the floor,
- nests can be made on the floor, which is pre-insulated with hay, sawdust or straw,
- monitor the cleanliness of the feeder in order to avoid rotting of the food and infection of the hens with infectious diseases,
- Be sure to have a drinker with clean water.
Compliance with all these requirements will ensure that the chickens stay in the farm in a comfortable environment. They will delight their masters with bright plumage, healthy appearance. Such birds will decorate any collection of breeders - professionals and amateurs.
If the farmer makes a decision grow chickens in an incubator, not under the hen, then he should take care of heating the hatched offspring on his own and follow the temperature change by day. The temperature is measured continuously and monitor the behavior of the chicks. Healthy and properly developing chickens calmly eat food, do not lump together, are active and curious. When they do not have enough heat, stumbling together, they can trample each other. In case of overheating, the chicks open their beaks, want to drink, often lie and eat poorly.
Basically, when properly kept, fed and cared for, the hens and cocks of the Pavlov breed have disease resistance and rarely catch cold. They gain strong immunity if they have the opportunity to eat plenty of green food in the summer. To avoid common infection better to make your pets immunized against common chicken diseases.
Now it is already possible to buy a chicken of the Pavlovian breed for three hundred rubles, adult individuals in the market of elite pedigree birds cost five hundred rubles. In the last century in the nineties at the auction, beautiful chickens of this breed, which still has the name of the royal, reached $ 2 million. Handsome Pavlovtsy have just been revived and enjoyed increased interest among all lovers of decorative poultry.
The standard is represented by two colors - silver and gold.
Pavlovsk gold - the breed of chickens that has received the most widespread:
- The main color of plumage is red or yellow gold.
- On the chest and wings, the tips of the feathers are decorated with black in the shape of a regular letter V.
- The tail is golden with spots or black with emerald sheen.
- Tuft and pots are golden, coal or mixed.
Chickens are not as bright as roosters.
On their plumage dark inclusions can be seen everywhere, but the main shade is gold:
- Silver Pavlovskaya chicken is very similar to the golden representative, but: The main color in the plumage is white with a bright silver tint.
- A lot of black spots of regular shape are scattered around the body.
In addition to the basic colors can be found:
- solid white and black chickens,
- pale-yellow with light plumage of the body and darkened neck,
- variegated porcelain, the color of which is represented in white, red and black colors.
But these hen colors are rare, since many representatives of a variety are rejected for various inconsistencies of the breed standard.
In households, chickens are rarely rejected, but to preserve the purity of the breed, the following signs of deficiencies are of great importance:
- The lack of a tuft,
- A highly developed tuft that closes the eyes,
- No feathers on the paws,
- The presence on the paws of the fifth finger.
If cleanliness of livestock matters at home, and rejecting chickens is not a pointless exercise, then non-standard representatives are kept separate from the main livestock and slaughtered for meat at the age of one year.
Pavlovsk chickens - the breed, which belongs to the decorative egg orientation. Adults are very beautiful, but small in size.
Layers on average weigh no more than 1.8 kg, and roosters weigh up to 3 kg. When slaughtering cockerels at the age of one year, you can get no more than 2 kg of meat.
Птицы декоративные, поэтому половое созревание происходит позже, чем у других пород. Первая яйцекладка наступает в возрасте около года. Но показатели яйценоскости хорошие.
Одна кура в период максимальной яйцекладки приносит до 170 яиц с белой или сливочно-розовой скорлупой. The weight of one egg in pullet is 40 g, and in an adult layer - 50 g.
Important! Even people who are allergic to chicken can use food from Pavlovsky chickens for food, since eggs are closest in composition to quails, and the meat resembles game.
Pavlovskaya feathered has good immunity and resistance to diseases. Vaccinations put only when the content of numerous livestock.
In this case, a safety net against diseases is required:
Ash baths are also recommended for cleaning feathers and for periodic prevention of helminthic invasion.
The breed has only two drawbacks - this is the price for one individual and the number of chickens to be rejected. After the restoration of the breed, little time has passed, so the brood is often obtained with deviations from the standard.
To preserve the genetic code, such chicks are rejected immediately or kept separately from purebreds.
Makarov Ivan Vasilyevich
Hereditary poultry farmer, owner of a poultry farm, graduated from St. Petersburg State Agrarian University with honors, the author of articles in specialized publications