Russian color lapdog, as you can understand from the name, the breeders of our homeland deduced. In appearance, the dog is somewhat like a toy, so cute and disheveled. The lapdog has many followers who wish to acquire a pet and raise it as a faithful member of the family. It is for them that we have compiled today's material, affecting character traits, as well as generally accepted breed standards. Let's take a closer look at everything in order for you to make certain conclusions for yourself.
Features and external data of the breed
- Interestingly, the International Cynological Federation has not yet recognized the Russian Bolon as an independent breed. However, this does not prevent pets from growing in number, surrounding themselves with lovers of toy dogs.
- It should immediately highlight the fact that the Bologna in their description are constantly subject to correction. It is possible that the characteristics listed below will soon change, and more than once. Fans of the breed are serious about bringing the Russian Bichon to the international level, so that they will finally be recognized.
- Under the Russian lapdog is meant a dog of small size, which is not inferior to his relatives in the strength of body build and proportionality. In terms of format, individuals are slightly elongated, but the length of the body does not exceed the indices from the floor to the withers by more than 15%.
- Looking at the puppy, it is difficult to understand how it will be in the future. But an adult dog should look spectacular, expensive. Breeders pay due attention to the quality and characteristics of wool. However, in pets of the age category up to 1 year and 3 months, there may be deviations in the composition of wool, which will disappear in the future.
- Head. Overgrown with a woolen cover, in its construction is not heavy, but weighty and massive. The head is proportional to the body, moderately strong. The frontal part is not too allocated, spacious and slightly convex. For the defect of the rock will be considered the skewness and excessive plane. The occipital region is practically invisible, poorly pronounced. The arches above the eyebrows stand out, but due to the long falling hair they are poorly visible. The skull as a whole should not burden the overall build of the dog.
- Muzzle. Goes to the frontal section noticeably, short and deep. For the lack of consider the smoothness of the transition area of the forehead to the face. The length of the muzzle occupies a third of the entire size of the head. If it is too long, it is a defect. The nose is wide enough, straight, moderately massive. The nose is narrowed to the nose, but not pointed. Chin is expressed well, not weighty. The cheekbones are practically not visible. The lips are of a dry structure, pressed tightly against the jaw. They are thin, elastic. On the lips there is dark color pigmentation, it is black, but other shades are allowed to match the color of the animal.
- Eyes. Round shape, do not bulge, but do not fall. Medium in size, buttons. Exactly put, the dog looks benevolent, the look studying and interested, a little playful. There is a certain shine in the eyes. The iris is pigmented as dark as possible. But in representatives of the breed with a brownish woolen cover, the iris can be highlighted. Vice is considered to be a bulge, heterochromia, blue eye color. The eyelids of the dry structure, tight fit, hide the protein part of the eye, if the pet has fixed his eyes in front of him. The eyelids are usually pigmented with black, but can be dark brown.
- Nose. Small form, but very sensitive and mobile. The animal's nostrils are slightly rounded, open. The nose is set upright, black, but other shades are allowed, suitable for wool. Under the undeniable defect, which will not allow the animal to show career, is considered locally pigmented nose. It should be monophonic, nothing else.
- Teeth. Healthy, on a complete set, a white shade, equal. The incisors are placed in parallel, tightly fixed. As for the bite, it is not allowed that one jaw protrudes forward. Bite in the form of "scissors" or "wedge" (straight). If there is not even one cutter, it will be considered as a serious defect. The same applies to the bite of the jaws, between which there is a gap. The situation is similar with asymmetry and overshoot.
- Ears. With rounded tips, in the shape of a triangle. They have an average size, lowered to the skull. Landing is not very high. Puppies may have less hair, but for adults, overgrown ears are a must. It is not allowed by the standard characteristics that the ears stand upright or be half raised.
- Tail. The length is standard, nothing outstanding. Dips to the hock joints, high set. If the tail is inherently shortish, then this is only possible due to a cross between two breeds. This means that the dog is not purebred, it will be considered a defect. As for the general situation, the tail is twisted into a ring, it can nestle on the thigh or lie on its back. Significant disadvantages include the presence of nodes and creases. With such defects, the breeding value of the animal is in the deepest doubt. If the dog is an adult, overgrown, respectively, and its tail should be covered with a sufficient amount of wool.
- Housing Slightly elongated rectangle format, not wide, compact. According to generally accepted standard characteristics, the dog should not look stretched, it is a vice. The same can be said about square addition. Neck set high, haughty with eye-catching neck. It is dry, but muscular and oval in shape. The chest is developed, moderately indented, proportional. Withers clearly visible, back muscled and strong, sloping. The croup is sloping, rounded. Groin tucked medium. In general, the representatives of the breed look harmonious, not ridiculous.
- Limbs. Considered parts of the body of an animal are proportional and strong enough. The correct structure of the limbs of a dog allows her to move freely and easily. The pet will not interfere with anything during active games and training. The front legs are quite strong and set in parallel, not wide. The blades of an animal have good musculature. They are drawn to the body. Shoulder blades form an open corner. If the breed has shortened forearms, this is considered a serious shortcoming. Shoulders should be flat and coincide in length with the shoulder blades. Strong elbows are directed strictly back. The forearms are of proportional length, sheer, as are the wrists. The latter are quite strong and set parallel to the forearm. Five put almost sheer, they are flexible. The rear paw setting is slightly wider, and they are also powerful. Thighs have developed muscles. They do not differ in big length, thus they are put at a small angle.
Color and type of wool
- Wool of Russian bichon is considered its pride and distinctive feature. The skin is quite thin and elastic. In this case, the dog has no folds. Pigmentation of the epidermis is dark and, as a rule, matches the color.
- In adulthood, pets acquire a full and thick undercoat. If the latter is absent from the dog, this is considered to be a gross defect. Ostev hair has increased strength and thickness. He is quite heavy, healthy and shiny.
- To the touch the fur of the animal is rather smooth, soft and silky. The structure of the wool in lapdogs wavy. Curls should be pronounced and rather large. The disadvantage is thin, straight and weak guard hair.
- Also, a significant deviation from the breed standard is the lack of rich vegetation on the head, regardless of gender, season and age of the animal. Also at exhibitions the pet color is strictly estimated.
- If there are any deviations from the general rules, the dog will be disqualified and rejected for further breeding. Standards are all solid colors, with the exception of white. Not so long ago, the standards were allowed to color, called "rime". It looks like a frost that covers the base color.
- Also pay special attention to color when choosing a pet. White spots should not be present, such a feature is undesirable. White socks or a large white spot on the chest area are recognized as serious deviations from the standards.
Training and character
Russian lapdog will be an excellent four-legged family member. The dog is not prone to strong molting. Pet has excellent health and friendly disposition. With timely education and early socialization, the animal will not cause any additional problems. If the dog is properly trained, it will always obey the owner. When choosing a puppy should take into account all the standards. If you do not have any experience, you should contact a dog handler for help.
Practically all the breeds bred by Russian breeders are workers — these are hunting, service, riding dogs. As for the decorative species, this direction practically did not attract the attention of professionals.
Nevertheless, interest in dwarf breeds after World War II arose, but very few miniature representatives were brought into the country. This further fueled interest in tiny pets, and, despite the scarcity of individuals available and not the best quality, the work on the formation of a new breed began.
In 1951, the first offspring was obtained from 2 lapdogs - a white dog Trifon, who came from Hungary, and the coffee girl Zhu-Ju, it was the only black puppy. After that, blood of other decorative breeds was added - Maltese lapdogs, shih-tzu, lhaso-apso, etc.
At the end of the 50s, it was possible to get the same type of livestock, which earned the status of a separate breed group. But, despite the appearance of the National Breed Club, the Russian colored lap-dog did not receive international recognition.
Breed description Russian colored lapdog
The representative of the breed is a small, fluffy, compact little dog with a square-sized body. He has an amazing temperament and is very person oriented. The standard contains the following description of the Russian colored lapdog:
- Head small, proportional to the body, with a rounded forehead, the back of the head and eyebrows are not expressed. The muzzle is shortened, neat, with a straight back of the nose and a small nose, pigmented by black color. In individuals with light hair, it may be brown in color.
- The lips fit snugly, the teeth are small, create the correct bite in the form of "scissors", the standard allows for a small snack or undershot, just so there is no gap.
- Eyes round-shaped, large, with hazel iris and eyelids pigmented to the tone of the coat, they are not prominent.
- Auricles triangular, with rounded tips, high up. They hang down, lying close to the cheekbones, covered with a long coat of hair, are a real decoration of the representatives of the breed.
- Torso average, with lean muscles and high postavom. The body is square in shape, slightly stretched. Back shortened, straight, goes into a short lumbar region, slightly protruding.
- The croup is well muscled, rounded in shape, with a slight bevel. Thorax oval, well developed. The line of the abdomen is chosen a little.
- The front legs are slightly wider than the rear, with muscular thighs set obliquely and dry hocks.
- Paws oval, arched, medium-sized, rear smaller than the front. The pads are strong as the claws are pigmented with a dark color.
- Tail rolled into a ring, located high, over the entire length covered with abundant, long guard hair. The tip is wound behind the back.
Wool and colors
Wool from Russian lapdogs is thick, beautiful, according to the standard it is desirable that it be wavy, but not curly. It consists of two layers - a long guard hair and a rich, thick undercoat. Hair is not adjacent to the skin, fluffy, externally has shine, the touch - like silk.
Colors are not particularly limited, any shade is allowed, except white. Rare are individuals with pure black wool and rich brown. Breeders are very difficult to achieve offspring with a color that makes them the most desirable. The presence of light spots in the chest and limbs.
Once in the house, such a pet almost immediately becomes a pet, and almost all family members. These dogs really know how to possess. Puppy playfulness they retain throughout life, therefore, ideal for families with children. But you should forget about peace - joint games will be very noisy and contagiously funny.
You should not think that the lap-dog is an elegant, weak creature, a dog is able to accompany its owner during long walks, for this it has enough activity and endurance. In general, you can take the baby on nature, jogging, travel. Transportation of these animals are well tolerated, they will be happy to be close to their family.
Russian colored lapdogs are distinguished by high intelligence, they catch the mood of people and on an intuitive level understand how to behave. You can get a puppy of this breed to lonely people or elderly couples - the dog will be a wonderful friend - gentle and affectionate.
Dog is very attached to the members of his family, acutely experiencing separation. Naturally, he loves the owner and the household and needs to respond in response.
Some miniature dogs are not suitable for keeping in large, noisy families, but this does not apply to lapdogs. Such a pet will be happy to become a part of such a community, especially since he loves communication, children, affection and is not averse to being in the center of events.
If you leave your pet alone for a long time, he will become sad and may even begin to harm - not out of evil, just to silence the longing. Often, a prolonged lack of communication leads to animal psychosomatic illnesses.
Like other decorative pets, designed to be companions, Russian lapdogs have a playful, gentle nature, friendly attitude towards people. They are very attached to the person, but unobtrusive. If the owner is not in the mood for communication, the dog will quietly settle down nearby, but will not bother and distract.
Education and training
Decorative dogs often do not need special training, but the pet still needs to be educated - the dog must know its place in the family, be able to ask to be outside. The owner should allocate a plot for rest, feeding and acquaint them with a pet.
Bologna is not a quiet animal, the spirit of a protector often wakes up in it, and she begins to bark at everything that seems dangerous to her or carries a threat. Therefore, the pet should be made to understand that barking without serious reasons is a bad form, like the damage of any property, whether it is wallpaper or master sneakers.
Being alone, the dog can afford too much, making a real mess. In no case should such behavior be encouraged, since this can become the norm. Of course, we are not talking about harsh punishments with physical violence, but the suggestion will not be superfluous in a strict tone. The lap-dog is a smart animal, she will immediately understand her mistakes and will try not to relax any more in this way.
How to care for the lap-dog
Caring for the lapdog is quite simple and does not require special knowledge and skills. The dog practically does not shed and does not have a specific smell of dog, which can be attributed to the advantages of this breed. Wool of such a pet is enough to comb it every 2-3 days. If you choose a suitable brush, the procedure will be a pleasant pastime for both the dog and the owner.
Bathe lapdog once in 2-3 weeks, if you do it more often, then the condition of the hair and skin can deteriorate significantly. Use special detergents suitable for this type of wool. Showers should additionally purchase conditioners, balms, waxes, etc.
Experts advise to first wrap the pet in a towel to remove excess moisture, and then dry it with a hairdryer. Wool in lapdogs creates a very long bang, which is recommended to collect in the tail on the gum. This gives the pet a certain chic appearance, and the owners allow them to purchase various cute accessories for their four-legged friend.
The owner should pay special attention to the eyes of the dog - they must be regularly inspected and wiped with a cotton pad dipped in chamomile broth or an antiseptic liquid. Не стоит забывать об обязательных гигиенических процедурах, в которых нуждаются все собаки:
- чистка ушей – ватным диском удаляются загрязнения и излишки серы,
- brushing teeth - spend 2-3 times a week, using a special tool and a brush,
- claw clipping - use a kogtezku, it is enough to do it every 1-2 months.
With proper care, the dog will be cheerful and healthy, infecting the host with positive.
On average, representatives of the breed live 10-12 years. If we consider that for breeding the breed was used both by breed dogs and mixed breeds, it is not surprising that the Russian colored lapdogs are practically not susceptible to hereditary diseases and genetic disorders.
But, like other dogs, they can get sick with such dangerous dog ailments as distemper carnivores or rabies. Therefore, these small pets should be required to vaccinate against various viral and bacterial infections and should undergo regular veterinary examinations with the pet.
Good nutrition is the key to a long and healthy life, so this aspect should be given special attention. It doesn’t matter if the owner chooses to feed with natural food or industrial feed, the food must be nutritious and balanced. Choose a suitable dry diet, preferably from brands of super or super premium class, always taking into account the age and size of the pet.
If the owner of the menu is a favorite of natural products, it is important to know that the main food of dogs is meat and offal, they make up 75% of the entire ration. The rest has fish, cereals, vegetables, fruits, dairy products. Pupils love quail eggs, but they are given no more than 2 times a week and no more than 2 pieces at a time.
Puppies are fed often - 5-6 times, gradually reducing the number of meals. Adults pets enough to give food twice a day - in the morning and evening hours. After the meal you should not immediately take the dog to the street, it is important to give her 30-40 minutes to rest.
With the wrong behavior of the owners of these cuties get just virtuoso beggars. You can not treat a little dog from your table and guests to warn that the dog with a plaintively asking look is not at all hungry. All Bolonkas, including Russian colored ones, should not be given products containing chocolate, it is a strong allergen.
Where to buy a puppy
Russian colored lapdog has a lot of positive qualities, but the breed is not very common, and if there is a desire to buy such a pet, problems may arise. Kennels engaged in breeding Russian colored lapdogs:
- “Danlin”, Moscow http://www.denlin.ru/
- Elmirada, Moscow https://elmirada.jimdo.com/.
It is best to ask for help in the breeding nursery. It is necessary to be more careful - if the seller offers puppies of several dozen breeds, then most likely, it is a commercial enterprise interested only in profit, and not as offspring.
The second option is a private breeder, preference should be given to experienced people who know all the nuances of the breed and have a good reputation. By acquiring a puppy in the bird market or from a random seller, a person risks, at best, getting a half-breed, at worst - a sick animal with disabilities.
It is worth visiting the seller, personally assess the conditions of animals, look at the parents of the baby. Professional breeders are serious about rejection of breeding individuals, this increases the chances of getting healthy, strong offspring. If mom or dad has any defect, in most cases it is transmitted to puppies.
The lap-dog is not a guard, a watchman or a hunter, this dog is for the soul, therefore, when choosing, one should focus on one's own feelings. Often the owner at first glance recognizes "his" favorite. However, if the owner reads the pet the subsequent show career, it is very important that the dog meets the standard requirements and does not have even the slightest deviations. In this case, it is necessary to consider individuals of the show class.
The cost of puppies varies considerably: for a crumb without documents you have to pay from 5,000 to 15,000 rubles, with pedigree the price can be much higher.
Glorious, kind, funny - Russian colored lapdogs conquer at first sight. And the fact that the breed is rare is even more interesting. But to acquire such a small dog is worth only to love him, to care and cherish.
Standards and breed description
Russian colored lap-dog belongs to the category of unrecognized breeds in the RKF. However, the official standard was created and approved:
Weight: 3-4 kg
Height at withers: up to 26 cm
Color: any, except white and spotty.
Eye color: dark or clarified in brown-colored dogs.
Nose: black or in tone color.
General form: a small dog with curls, slightly bulging eyes, a long tail, ears uncropped and hanging.
Since the breed is young, deviations from the description in the standard are possible. Their degree and importance is assessed by an expert at the exhibition.
- Height over 28 cm
- Short tail,
- Head not covered
- Jaw skew
- Obvious signs of dwarfism,
- Blue or different colored eyes,
- Non-standard colors,
- Aggressive behavior,
The history of Russian colored lapdog
In the USSR, service or hunting dog breeds were developed. Therefore, as companions, people massively wound up pets of unknown origin. The purebred decorative dog was more the exception, but Grandma's Bolognese lived in every yard. The creators of the breed set the task: to get monotonous companion pets with a docile character. For this they used two main breeds:
Since the Malteses in those days were not perfect thoroughbreds, it is likely that the breeding of poodles and the Scottish Terrier fell into breeding. The breed was bred in Leningrad in the 60s. Maltese was given a coat, body structure, and a nice eye expression and strong bones were added to the Shih Tzu.
In the late 80s of the 20th century, the Russian colored lapdog was already considered a formed breed. However, the economic crisis and restructuring almost led to its disappearance. The situation was changed after 5-6 years and restored livestock. Today the breed is popular domestically and in Europe. In the RKF, the system is working on its recognition at the ICF level.
Behavior and temperament
Fans of the breed say that the main thing is character and behavior, and appearance is secondary.
- Stress resistance,
- There are unmanaged individuals
- Can often bark.
Who is this dog for?
Russian color choose different people:
- active youth
- large families with children
- inexperienced breeders,
Definitely, these dogs unsuitable athletes and adherents of tough discipline. Russian colored lapdogs love attention, games, they have adequate behavior, but the desire to make them a service shepherd dog or guard will lead to a broken psyche and loss of breed characteristics. They can work "bell", notifying about the arrival of guests.
Because of their friendly nature, they easily pour into a flock of other pets. They get along well with children and play neatly with them.
It will not let you get bored, but delicately asks for attention and feels the mood of a person. The dog is peaceful and friendly with other dogs, fights are impossible because of the complete absence of aggression.
Features of maintenance and care
Russian colored lapdogs, unlike other decorative breeds, are unpretentious in care and maintenance. Adult pets grow a little more than a cat, so they get along together perfectly in the apartment. They feel great in the city and go on walks with pleasure. There are simple rules that all abide by.
These dogs are not intended for life on the street (in the booth, aviary).
- First, they are small and it is difficult for them to maintain normal body temperature in cold air.
- Secondly, the Bologna are created for living next to a person. Without communication, they are sad, and the character deteriorates. However, long walks are transferred without problems, if they move, and the owner is near. Thick wool protects from frost and rain.
From the shih-tzu, Russian colored lapdogs got strong bones, bulging eyes, but the length of the muzzle remained normal. Thanks to this dog tolerates heat well, that is, such dogs breathe normally, the air has time to cool. For example, other short-breeds (Pekingese, French Bulldogs, Pugs) do not tolerate heat and suffer from nasopharyngeal problems.
With Russian colored lap-dog you can walk for more than an hour in the warm season. Do not forget that a strong heat (over 35 degrees) hurts any dogs.
Despite endurance and love for walks, adult individuals need 2 exits per day for 30 minutes. Puppies up to 8-9 months are taken more often, so that they do not have rickets due to a deficiency of vitamins, microelements and physical activity, as well as they relieve themselves.
In winter, clothes Russian colored lapdogs are not needed. If walks in the city pass along the paths with reagents, then special shoes will help to save the paws from damage. Many dogs of this breed are not very sensitive skin, but the hair between the pads is carefully trimmed, and the “sole” is smeared with a nourishing cream for dry or cracked skin.
With Russian colored lap-dog comfortably live. Due to the size, traveling with a dog does not cause troubles, it is even transported in the cabin of the aircraft, and not in the luggage compartment.
The breed is fed the same way as other dogs - 25 g of meat per 1 kg of weight. An adult dog with a body weight of 5 kg gives 125 g of beef, rabbit, turkey, fish 1.5 times as much - 187 g. The amount of scar, the chickens increase, because their caloric content is less.
- Raw meat and offal (except pork) - every day.
- Fermented milk products - 3-4 times a week, replaces one feeding with meat.
- Porridge from rice or buckwheat - every day, about 30-50 grams.
- Sea fish - 1-2 times a week.
- Vegetables, greens - every day, you can replace the porridge.
- Egg - once a week.
Russian colored lapdogs are suitable industrial feed for small dogs with a reduced content of cereals. The selection takes into account the age, activity and health of the dog. Supplements and vitamins are prescribed by a veterinarian. Important: you can not overfeed pet. Portions increase based on the needs of the dog.
Care for hair, claws and teeth
Russian grooming is easy, so nice. The coat is soft, but not the same as in poodles, maltese or yorkshire terriers. The rules of grooming:
- Combing 2-3 times a week.
- Wash every 1-2 times a month.
- Comb only dry hair.
- Do not use a hair dryer or compressor.
- Long hair above the eyes stabbed up, without tightening the skin.
- Wool can be braided in pigtails.
- Haircut is only suitable non-exhibition to dogs.
Puppies, dogs during the molting period are combed every other day. Tools and tools for grooming:
- Shampoo for dogs with curly hair.
- Air conditioning for easy combing (you can not use).
- Double-sided brush with plastic or wooden teeth.
- Brush for shtat (small scallop with small teeth).
Massage brush or puhoderka not comb through thick and curly hair. It is better to disassemble the mats with your hands, but in extreme cases use a special device.
Claws must be worn when walking on asphalt, gravel (useful for paws) and tile. If they interfere with movements, they are shortened in a veterinary clinic or independently with forceps in size. Sometimes an engraver is used.
Auricle soreness indicates health problems. Vet consultation needed. Regular dirt is wiped with a cotton pad dipped in hydrogen peroxide. The hairs in the ear canal are gently plucked with tweezers.
Eyes should not fester, but dust and dirt accumulate in the folds near the nose. They are cleaned with a damp cotton swab as they become dirty. Teeth cleaned in a veterinary clinic. For the prevention of plaque bolonok give pieces of cartilage, carrots, green apple.
Upbringing and training
Owners of Russian colored lapdogs note good training abilities. In the ancestors of this breed were Pincher (Maltese), from them they inherited a living mind, and from the Shih Tzu self-esteem and the ability to independently solve problems. Russian colored lapdogs teach:
- General course of obedience,
- Circus training.
Such dogs have enough domestic education. They quickly get used to the rules of behavior in the new house. Puppies are playful, they are easy to attract a toy or just stroking. The first months of training are held in an informal setting.
Russian colored lapdogs do not tolerate violence in any manifestation, and they respond to good attitude with devotion and attentiveness.
For an adult dog of this breed often equip a place in the house under the toilet. You will need a tray and absorbent diaper. A puppy is brought there as soon as he begins to worry, whine and look for a nook. Most Russian colored lapdogs quickly become accustomed to walking in a tray or diapers.
Health and life expectancy
Russian colored wolves live on average 16-18 years old. In the breed of common diseases, including hereditary:
- Perthes disease,
- Eye pathologies,
- Ears problems (inflammation, ear mite),
- Luxury Patella,
Breeders and owners of Russian colored lapdogs claim that these dogs have high resistance to infectious diseases. They associate it with genetics.
How much and where to buy?
Buy a puppy is easy, breeding kennels are in Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg, Apatity, Kursk and other cities), in Ukraine and some other countries. Since 1999, the National Monobreed Club "Russian colored lapdog".
Price puppy with pedigree: 10,000 - 30,000 rubles.
A selection of photos of Russian lapdogs.
In the world there are many breeds of dogs. Among them are very ancient, which are used to breed new species. And there are very young breeds that have appeared recently. The lapdog is Russian colored, bred only in the middle of the last century.
The first dog appeared in Leningrad. From the first days the breed won sympathy and love among people of different age categories. The lapdog Russian color is considered a decorative animal and belongs to the group of dwarf dogs.
Her ancestors are shih-tzu, mini-poodle and French bolognaise, as a result of which the lapdog was obtained. Those who want to acquire such a puppy should be aware that the breed is not recognized by FCI. However, the lack of official recognition did not affect the attention of dog breeders who appreciated the animal.
But to buy such a dog is not so easy. And it's not about how much the Russian colored lap-dog costs. The price of puppies is not too high, given the beauty of the breed. The problem is that at present there are no more than one hundred individuals of this species worldwide. Accordingly, the inaccessibility of dogs adversely affects their distribution. But the stunning character and beautiful appearance give the breed in the future all the chances of great popularity.
Dignity of the Bologna
What are the advantages of Russian colored lap-dog? The nature of the dog and its appearance are the main characteristics of the animal that are worthy of attention. The animal has a highly developed mind, friendly, gentle disposition, small size. The dog gets on well with children and is able to find a common language with absolutely all family members. And the care of the wool of the Bichon is not too complicated, unlike many other breeds. If you decide to get yourself such a puppy, then you will not notice how he will become the center of attention.
The standard of the Russian colored lapdog suggests that the animal has a good build and a slightly elongated shape. The dog has a high set short neck, large round eyes, hanging ears. Her height at withers is 20-28 centimeters. The body of the animal is slightly stretched, the legs are short, the hair is long. The weight of an adult can is 2.5-4 kilograms.
The dog's undercoat is very dense, and the hair itself is soft with large curls, it can be straight or wavy. According to the Russian standard, the entire hair of an animal must be of the same length. White color is not allowed. Spotted coloring is considered a disadvantage. All other colors are quite acceptable, but they should be solid. The following colors are the most common: brown, black, beige, gray, gray and tan, gray.
The lapdog has a strong and even back, a tail twisted with a ring, the tip of which should lie on the back or slightly on its side. The main requirement is the fit of the tail to the back.
The character of the dog
Bolonka Russian color quickly and easily gains the attention of all family members. She is incredibly playful, and therefore easily finds a common language with children and all family members. Although the animal has a fairly modest size, but it is different endurance. And because lapdog can accompany you even during long walks.
It is also worth noting that the breed has a special level of intelligence. With the right approach to training and the absence of serious punishment and rudeness, the dog very quickly learns not only standard simple commands, but also whole tricks with which it can please guests.
Болонка станет прекрасным другом как для всей семьи, так и для одиноких людей. Животное очень быстро и прочно привязывается к людям. It sincerely loves the owners and is looking forward to their arrival.
Cute, affectionate dogs are ideal pets for large families. They are very intelligent and have a wonderful attitude towards children, but they need constant communication, they don’t like being alone.
Like many other decorative companion animals, lapdogs have a friendly, playful and gentle nature. They are incredibly attached to people and always know how to entertain them. But while pets are completely unobtrusive, they always feel your mood. If the owner is busy, the animal will lie quietly next to it and will wait. However, it is worth noting that such affection has a negative side. If the lapdog stays alone at home for a long time and she doesn’t have enough communication, she can get sick, and the illness will have a pronounced psychosomatic character.
Puppies of Russian colored lapdog especially require close and constant attention. From the first days they very quickly become attached to their owners. Therefore, starting such a pet, think a hundred times. If you are not at home for a long time and you can not pay enough attention to it, then it is worth choosing another breed. It is also necessary to take into account that the lapdogs are incredibly mobile and playful, but because they need active walks, the animal will not suit people who have a sedentary lifestyle.
Bolonka gets on very well with other pets. Therefore, if there are parrots, cats, hamsters in the house, the lapdog will get on absolutely with all its neighbors.
Bologna Russian color: care
Already in appearance of the animal, you can absolutely say that a thorough care is necessary for the wool of the animal. The coat of the lapdog is long and curly, so it should be brushed every day so that the dog has a neat and well-groomed appearance. Russian lapdogs do not need to bathe often, unlike other breeds, one water treatment per month is enough. After the bath, it is desirable to dry the hair with a hairdryer.
Grooming depends largely on whether the owner plans to take part in exhibitions. If the pet does not attend such events, then you can bathe it less often, and also think about the question of how to cut the face of a Russian colored lapdog. To do this, you need to contact a specialist for help. Haircut, as a rule, do closer to the summer.
Show dogs bathe much more often and at the same time use additional means for grooming. And after each water procedure, the hair is dried, the long beautiful bangs are cut off on the head with an elastic band or a hairpin. Because of the long hair on the face of the animal requires careful care for his eyes. They must be cleaned daily.
Also in need of care are paws and teeth of a pet. It is necessary to ensure that no stone is formed on the dog's teeth. To do this, they should be regularly cleaned with special brushes and toothpastes. They are sold at any pet store. It is impossible to use human accessories for cleaning teeth. Toothpaste, getting into the dog's stomach, can cause inflammation.
It is also necessary to monitor the length of the claws of the Bologna. If they are not erased in a natural way, then they should be cut periodically. This is done with the help of special pliers once every two weeks. If you have never performed a similar procedure, then the first time you can contact a specialist.
How to choose a pet?
Choose your pet should be at the call of the soul. But before that it is necessary to decide for yourself what purpose you take an animal for: to visit exhibitions or as a companion. To participate in the exhibition events you should purchase a lap-post which fully complies with the standard. If you want to get a pet and a friend, then you should not chase the standards, as long as there is contact between you and the pet.
Due to the small popularity of the breed, the cost of the Puppy of the Bichonos is low - from $ 200. The price is also influenced by the fact that the Bongs are not recognized by the international federation of dog breeders.
The largest color breeders in Russia are “Neva Ulada” in St. Petersburg, “Victoria's Secrets” in Moscow, “From the Wolf Earth” in St. Petersburg.
Lap Dog is a companionable animal that needs a lot of attention and care. As we have said, it is necessary to spend a lot of time with a pet, paying attention to his upbringing. Every day you need to walk with the dog, talk to her, play. Bolognese do not like rude relations, they must be treated very tactfully.
Bringing the puppy home, you need to teach him a nickname. As a rule, this is done at the moment when the name of the animal is to eat. Next lapdog should get used to the new place and get comfortable in the family. With the soft and peace-loving nature of the animal, the process takes place unnoticed quickly. But still need to help the dog the least painful to adapt.
Breed Russian colored lapdog - very special. Its representatives are of modest size. Nevertheless, even such babies can be trained. Of course, there is no need to teach animals some wisdom, but the pet must understand basic things, that he has his own place where he can sleep, have a bowl of food. The dog must certainly ask on the street. The animal must be inspired that it cannot nibble on shoes and sneakers, tear wallpaper, spoil furniture. Sometimes excellent guard qualities wake up in the lapdogs, and then they start barking at everyone.
If we consider the moment that dogs do not like to be alone, but being with them all the time is simply impossible, then you should help them adapt for the first time. Otherwise, the Bolognese, staying alone at home, can arrange a mess in the apartment out of boredom. Therefore, the owner must show that such behavior is unacceptable. And then the next time the pet does not dare to behave like this.
Of course, you can not severely punish the dog, it is enough to show discontent. Even adults are very vulnerable and react extremely painfully to a rude attitude.
Bolonka Russian color: what to feed?
Any inexperienced breeder is interested in the question of how to properly feed a lapdog. It is worth noting that the representatives of this breed should follow a specific scheme in the diet. Dogs too love to eat, if they are not limited in food, they will very quickly gain excess weight. For the dog you can pick up a balanced feed. This option would be more acceptable than food products of natural origin.
Before you start feeding your puppy with your food, you should take a little time to keep the dog on the food she is used to at the breeder. And then gradually transfer the puppy to your meal.
In order to properly organize the nutrition of the dog, you should follow the following rules:
- Give nothing to the dog from the table, it cannot be taught to beg.
- Bolognese can not indulge sweets, they cause allergies.
- You can not give smoked sausages.
- Try to feed the animal strictly on time.
- After lunch, the pet must be allowed to rest, and after that you can take him outside.
Instead of an afterword
The description given by us of the Russian colored fish gives some idea of the appearance and character of this beautiful animal. A sweet, kind creature can become a full member of the family and the most devoted friend. The breed has not yet gained wide popularity among breeders, but currently work is underway to organize amateur breed clubs in Russia. Therefore, it is hoped that in the near future, animals of this species will occupy a well-deserved place in the dog world.
The nature of Russian colored lapdogs
These little dogs, despite their frivolous appearance, very dedicated to their master. While still in puppy age, the colored lap-dog is so strongly attached to manthat any separation from the owner turns into torture for her. Therefore, people who are long absent at home, dogs of this breed is not desirable to start.
With other pets colored lapdog gets on without problems. In addition, she loves adolescent children, but with very young children this dog hardly finds a common language. After all, the baby, not understanding what he is doing, can hurt the dog, and she can bite him in response. Therefore, if there is a small child in the family, then it is better to postpone the acquisition of the colored lap dog.
Color Russian colored lapdogs
Small decorative dogs companions can be absolutely any color. Except white! White puppies at one time were strictly rejected. Why? Everything is very simple. The original Russian breed of decorative lapfish was bred. And if the domestic breed turned white, there would be many problematic issues regarding its identity with other species of exclusively white lapdogs, such as the French (Bichon Frize), Maltese, Havana and others.
The following colors are considered the most common:
Food Russian colored lapdogs
It is important that the food was balanced and nutritious. Dry feed it is better to give preference to premium feed. In natural food should be just enough and in moderation. The dog is happy to eat dishes from meat, vegetables and fruits, fish, cereals. She loves sour-milk products and quail eggs.
For small puppies, fractional feeding is needed 3-6 times a day. Food must be at room temperature. Adult is enough two meals a day.. After eating a pet, it is desirable to relax for a while.
In order not to raise a beggar from your pet in any case, it is not advisable to teach them to eat from the table. For lapdogs, as well as for many other dogs chocolate is contraindicated. It leads to allergies. Smoked me too prohibited.
Care for Russian colored lapdogs and keeping dogs
Dog's coat serves to maintain normal body temperature and to protect against adverse environmental factors. Wool requires regular proper care. For a dog, our intervention in its space is unnatural and even puts it in a state of stress. Therefore, to begin to accustom the dog to the procedures for grooming is necessary from the puppy's age.
- Eye care. Eyes should be healthy, clean, without discharge and redness. Discharges from the eyes can be caused by various reasons. This and allergies, and the presence of worms, and even such a terrible disease, as distemper. Therefore, it is very important to understand the reasons.
The Russian colored dog has rather prominent eyes and long hair falling on its face. Since deep folds lie at the inner corner of the eye, it is difficult to thoroughly clean the accumulated dirt from there. To do this, use a stiff toothbrush, boric acid powder and a frequent comb. Having brushed the hair from the area around the eyes, carefully wipe the folds with boric acid with a toothbrush and then comb out the pellets with a comb.
Vaccinations Russian color lapdogs
Vaccination is carried out from the following diseases:
- plague of carnivores or distemper,
- parvovirus enteritis - the pathogen parvovirus,
- infectious hepatitis - hepadnavirus pathogen,
When to do the first vaccination puppy?
- In 2 months, the first vaccination. After the injection of the puppy can not be washed, overfeeding and display on the street. Immunity after the first vaccine is developed within 12 days, this period becomes the most dangerous for the baby. A person needs a lot of effort to alleviate the puppy's condition. After the first vaccination, the pups have a high body temperature, general weakness and diarrhea.
- After 3 weeks, a second vaccination is given to the puppy, but with the same vaccine. As a rule, after the second vaccination, the dog feels much better, but within 12 days it should be protected from other animals, from drafts and not walked out. After this time, walks are allowed.
- At 6 months of age, a puppy is vaccinated against rabies and a comprehensive vaccine against several diseases. It is forbidden to vaccinate if the dog's teeth change. You need to wait for the time until all the teeth are replaced, and then vaccinate the baby.
- At one-year-old age, the dog is given a comprehensive vaccine.
- Then, once a year, the dog should be vaccinated with the same comprehensive vaccine.
How to vaccinate a puppy?
Before vaccination, he should examine the dog, measure its body temperature, and only if everything is normal, conduct an injection. Vaccination is put either in the neck or in the thigh of the dog. The entire composition of the affixed vaccinations by a veterinarian must enroll in a dog passport. It also indicates the date of vaccination, then the owner himself will know the expected date of the next vaccination.
Techka in Russian colored lapdogs
What should the owner of a bitch know?
- The age of the beginning of the first heat at a bitch is 6-12 months,
- the duration of estrus - 20-22 days., sometimes up to a month,
- estrus frequency - 1-2 times a year with an interval of 6-9 months,
- signs of estrus - swelling of the external genital organs of the dog, bleeding,
- frequent urination - have to walk more often than usual
- psychological signs - changes in the dog's behavior - from aggressive to sluggish,
- perhaps a change in appetite and the dog drinks more water,
- often bitches before heat start to shed,
- intensely lick a noose.
How to notice the onset of estrus?
Approximation estrus can be seen during a walk with the dog. Behavior can change, often the dog becomes active, playful and disobedient, or vice versa looks unhappy and lethargic. A bitch makes frequent marks - odor "bait" for dogs, urination is more frequent. The loop is becoming more and more swollen, with pressure you can see the discharge of light pink or unclear pink. If you notice a change in the behavior of the dog, do not be lazy and check the dog daily for the arrival of estrus, kicking with a napkin or toilet paper loop at the bitch. Pinkish discharge and will be the beginning of estrus - mark this day in the notebook of the dog.
The flow of the first estrus in the dog.
- The first estrus in dogs is not the same as the following.
- It may be shorter or longer than the usual period of leakage.
- A bitch has either only weak manifestations of heat, or, conversely, very heavy discharge.
- The first estrus can suddenly be interrupted, and then after some time it can begin again.
- There may be mucous discharge from the loop, the smell that attracts males, and estrus itself will begin after some time.
- Try not to miss the start time of the first, and subsequently the second estrus, in order to correctly determine the intervals between estrus, know their dates and duration.
Precautions during heat.
If you are not interested in receiving puppies from a dog, you should take precautions during estrus:
- walk the dog ONLY on a leash: even the most obedient individual these days can just run away, not paying attention to the commands,
- do not allow the dog to enter the dog males: in the case of sexual intercourse, dragging them away is almost impossible,
- on a walk in the literal sense of the word DO NOT DRAW EYES from a dog, even buying bread in a tent, exclude or minimize contact with dogs,
- существует опасность застудить собаку в холодное время года, лучший способ защититься – не гулять очень подолгу в холодную погоду и использовать собачью одежду,
- если Ваша собака живет в свободном режиме на Вашей территории, то с момента начала течки, закрывайте собаку в вольере.
Вязка русских цветных болонок
- Перед вязкой животных нужно хорошо выгулять, но кормить не следует. It is better to acquaint dogs in neutral territory, so that they can meet and run, and then lead to the territory of a dog.
- Mating is always necessary only in the male dog. Actually, the act of love can occur during dating, so do not interfere with the process.
So, you're on the territory of a dog. Most likely, no intervention will be required, and the bitch, playing enough with the male dog, will allow the cadre to be made to the persistent suitor.
After ejaculation there is a pinching. Male can be on a bitch or stand back to her. The animals will figure it out. However, if a lady tries to break free or lie down - do not let her hold her a little. Also try not to scare dogs.
It happens that after mating, the gluing does not occur and the dog instantly loses interest in the female.
Pregnancy Russian colored lapdogs and childbirth
From the first mating day to birth immediately passes from 56 to 72 days. It is advisable to mark the day of mating, to know how long the pregnancy is in dogs. Too early and too late childbirth most often leads to the death of the litter, therefore in both of the above cases it is necessary to seek help from a qualified veterinarian. The gestation period in dogs may be reduced due to the small number of offspring.
The number of litter increases when the dog reaches 3–4 years of age, then decreases again. The duration of pregnancy in dogs is not too long; it is not so easy to determine that the dog is pregnant.
Obvious signs of pregnancy in dogs appear at rather late stages. Neither the probing nor the appearance of the cat at an early stage of pregnancy will tell the owner whether the tied bitch is waiting for offspring or not. The first signs relate not so much to the appearance as to the mental state, therefore, to the behavior of the pregnant bitch. The dog usually becomes calmer, often shows affection and requires affection from others. Sometimes an animal may not even seem quite healthy.
If the pregnancy is proceeding normally, a specialist can establish a pregnancy by probing for the third week. At the end of the month, the dog's abdomen increases markedly, on the fifth week the mammary glands swell and lighten. Shortly before giving birth, the bitch’s belly drops. A characteristic sign of approaching labor is a copious discharge from the loop, yellowish or greenish.
Prepare also a “delivery kit”so that everything you need at your fingertips should include:
- old blanket covers or large disposable diapers (60 * 90) on which the bitch will whelp (disposable diapers are preferable - washing is less and purity is more),
- a lot of small soft cloths ironed with a hot iron and worn from old bedding (wiping puppies),
- sterile gauze napkins (usually without need, the puppy’s mouth is dried with a piece of cloth, into which, in fact, the puppy is taken),
- pen, notebook, scales, and thick woolen threads or ribbons (it is better to use floss, because the bitch knits and removes woolen threads),
- bowl for afterbirth,
- a box or bowl for puppies with a heating pad (wrap in a diaper) - this is in case the bitch behaves in labor restlessly and there is a risk of losing the pups ... the best option is a bitch giving birth with puppies at the nipples,
- sterile scissors and medical clamp (it is not necessary to boil; at the beginning of labor, place in a jar with any alcohol),
- milk chocolate bar
- antiseptic, better spray (Aluminum, Ksidikol, Septoneks) for processing the umbilical cord.
And Kit for resuscitation puppies:
- Cordiamin to stimulate cardiac activity (newborn droplet on the tongue),
- oxygen bottle (give a weak puppy a breath), it costs about 400 rubles in pharmacies,
- small rubber heater
- a small enema for sucking mucus from the mouth of a very weak puppy.
It will also take hours to mark the birth time of the puppies and a notebook for recording the details of the whelping (they will be useful in the future), in a prominent place is the phone number of your veterinarian. It is also great to have scales for weighing newborn puppies. The puppy's weight at birth, among other details, should also be written in a notebook.
Bitches usually whelp between 58 and 63 in the afternoon. Large litters are born earlier, and small litters a little later.
Before whelping, it is good to give the bitch a not very strong laxative so that she clears the intestines.
Maltese Bichonas have become a symbol of idleness and elegance. No wonder their images are found in many paintings, and works of art with a description of bolonok and even more. The Maltese breed has earned enormous popularity for its gentle and cheerful disposition, pretty face with big eyes and beautiful snow-white wool. In addition, you can keep Maltese even in a small apartment - these dogs absolutely do not need space. It is also easy to walk with your pet - you do not need to make kilometer rounds, rather short walks around the house.
Dogs of the Maltese breed cannot be watched without affection, both the puppy and the adult dog really want to be picked up and stroked, playing with her. These dogs have an incredibly sensitive kind, and gentle, affectionate character. They are very attached to their owners, they adore children, and are kind to other animals (including other dogs), but at the same time, they do not always calmly relate to strangers (there may be fear, or some manifestation of aggression). Maltese lapdogs are creative, agile and playful. They will be happy to play catch-up with the owner, run after a small ball, jump.
Yorkshire terrier is among the top most popular breeds in the world. From a dog-pied piper, she turned into a dog-aristocrat, which was adored in the royal chambers. Ornamental breed differs incredible friendliness, sociability. She is never bored with her, she knows, to lighten the mood of a bored host.
The Yorkshire Terrier is an excellent companion for lonely people and large families, an excellent companion for a growing child and those who have very young children. York is truly a natural friend who, from the first minutes of his appearance in the house, will join the host family and will soon fully adjust to their habits and rhythm of life. However, before acquiring a puppy of a breed, it is better to think about whether you can give this active creature everything that it requires?
Nicknames for dogs: names for Russian colored lapdogs
Most people prefer to choose a short sonorous name for their dog.
You will have to pronounce the dog's name many times a day, and if it is too long, it will be tedious.
When choosing how to call the Russian colored lapdog you can use two methods.
- The first and easiest: open a list of the most appropriate names for this breed and choose the one you like best.
- Second: pick up an unusual name from other sources, for example, from mythology or literature, to name a dog in honor of your favorite celebrity or invent your own exclusive name.
Owners reviews about the Russian colored lapdog
This miracle has been living in our house for a year now - her name is Cherry. This is the cleverest dog, she loves all family members and enjoys playing with everyone, but at the same time she never gets underfoot and does not interfere. Very attached to us and bored even with a short separation. We took her at the age of one - she never spoils anything. Bolonka - just a godsend for those who want a small, not shedding, intelligent and faithful dog.
Such a dog lives with my girlfriend for a long time, and I can definitely say that there is no more faithful, affectionate dog! She always rejoices not only her mistress, but me. Never empty. This is the most wonderful decorative dog, ideal for content in the apartment! I plan to buy a puppy myself.
Choosing a puppy of breed Russian colored lapdog
- Before you decide to buy a puppy of this charming Russian colored bichon, it is best to first communicate with her from breeders or at an exhibition. The exhibition is perhaps the best option for the first acquaintance with Russian colored lapdogs - here you can not only get a certain idea about the breed, but also look at the dogs and choose those from whom I would like to get a puppy.
- Think about what you need a dog for: if you buy a dog “on the sofa”, then choose a pet-class puppy at the age of 2-3 months - they are cheaper. And if you want to win at exhibitions, then you need a show-class baby - as a rule, they are much more expensive and are sold no earlier than they reach the age of 6-7 months (at this age it’s already clear whether the dog can shine at exhibitions).
- Choosing a puppy, meet his parents, talk to puppies, watch them and choose someone who looks healthy, cheerful, active, not afraid of you.
- As for age, there is nothing terrible, if you buy a grown-up puppy - you can become good friends with a dog at any age. The only negative is that you will not enjoy the childhood of a dog kid, and this is the most interesting period in the life of an animal.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Russian colored lapdog
Russian colored lapdog is one of the few dogs that can be called perfect.
- does not fade
- has excellent health
- unpretentious in food,
- fun and loves to play.
- requires combing
- eye disease may occur.