Mekong bobtail is a breed of cats without a tail. More precisely, not quite without a tail: it is very short, and each cat has a unique curvature of its process.
Meckong bobtail breed is counting from the time of breeding Siamese and Thai cats. In Europe, the ancestors of these three breeds were in 1884, when they were brought from Siam. In the United States, cats were introduced in 1890. Then this breed was called Siamese by the name of its native country. An animal of this breed was the wife of one of the presidents of America. In our country, the Siamese breed was introduced in the early twentieth century.
Siam animals, the first to fall into Europe, had significant tail curvatures. This became a distinctive feature of this breed, which was also called the royal Siamese, which suggests that the royal family loved these cats.
At a later time, selection was carried out, during which the cats with the most curved tails were discarded. If there were no Russian enthusiasts who loved cats with broken tails, this breed would have disappeared long ago.
Breeding the breed, known as Bocktail Mekong, began to engage in Iran, China and Vietnam. In Moscow, there was a club of cat lovers "Korgorushi", in which they also developed this breed.
The Mekong bobtail, whose photo adorns more than one photo album, has an amazing feature: cats of this breed live much longer than usual. Their average lifespan is 20-25 years. At the same time, up to a very old age, these animals are able to bring posterity.
Legends about these cats say that the purpose of animals is to protect temples and palaces from rodents and snakes. At that time, tail fractures were called rings, and the squint of these cats was highly valued in the East. The skin of these cats is not tight enough against the bones, which allows you to stretch it in different directions, without causing harm to the animal. It is believed that this allowed the fluffy guards to calmly carry the bites of poisonous snakes, since the poison did not get into the blood.
Another legend tells how strabismus and rings on the tail appeared. Cats, guarding the valuable vases in the temples, covered their tails and stared at the subject. This twisted their tails and damaged their eyesight. Mekong bobtail was carefully guarded by the Thais, there was even a ban on the export of animals from the city. For the abduction of the sacred animal, which these cats were considered, the death penalty awaited the criminal.
However, sometimes animals left the country, being presented by kings to those individuals who provided some essential services to the state as a whole or to its rulers personally.
This breed of cats (Mekong bobtail) is unique, it can not be confused with any other species. The most noticeable feature is a short broken tail that immediately attracts attention.
According to the legend of the princess, taking a bath, they hung ornaments on the tail breaks. In addition, this animal has many qualities that have them with dogs. So, they are able to bring feed in the teeth, quickly get used to walking on a leash, strongly attached to the owner. And what is surprising for a cat, this breed is able to establish an intuitive connection with the host, based almost on the genetic level.
In a separate breed bobtail Mekong was allocated only in 2004. It was then that the standards, which are characteristic only for this breed, were finally approved.
Thus, the Mekong bobtail, whose description appeared not so long ago, should look like this: its body is medium, rectangular in shape, small, rather muscular, with simultaneous elegance and very slim. The back is almost a straight line, oval-shaped legs, legs of medium height.
Head with soft contours and almost flat top. The profile is almost Roman, with a strong chin, distinct.
The tail consists entirely of knots. Their number can not be less than three. If there are fewer nodes or not at all, the cat cannot be considered as belonging to this breed. The length of the tail should not exceed a quarter of the length of the animal.
Mekong bobtail has expressive, large and very beautiful oval eyes. Preferably, the eyes mowed.
The ears at the base are very wide, seemingly larger than they should be. The tips are rounded, ears slightly back.
The coat is short, tight, smooth, very pleasant to the touch, silky. Almost no undercoat.
The most common color is color-point. Kittens are almost always born completely spotless, light, and get a standard color in adolescence.
Cats weigh about 4-6 kilograms, which is not very heavy compared to many other breeds.
A unique breed of cats - Mekong Bobtail. The nature makes them look like no other breed. First of all, they are distinguished by the hunter's instinct, expressed unusually vividly. Even in a closed room, these animals are able to find a victim. It can be any bug, fly, shadow - anything that you can confidently attack.
In addition, Mekongs have excellent muscles, they are extremely energetic and jumping. Jumping one and a half meters in height is a common thing for pets of this breed.
Cats of this breed ripen very early. Even at 5 months they are ready for reproduction. There is information about the individual, which continued to produce offspring when she was 21 years old. In addition, despite this earlier development, animals do not make tags in the house.
Surprising parents are mekongi (breed Mekongsky bobtail). Reviews say that both cats and cats are equally patient with their offspring. It is important that they care not only for their own children, but they can "adopt" a completely outside kitten.
In the cat family, the head is the female. The cat is a subject, but does not lose its natural vigor.
Bobtails love to sit on the hands of someone who likes them. They are not just sitting in their hands, but actively communicating, as they are capable of making various sounds.
Mekong bobtail, a description of the breed which can be seen above, does not need careful care. These cats are extremely clean, so the owner can only comb the hair during shedding.
You can wash animals only when they are contaminated, but not more often than twice a month. When washing it is important to ensure that no water gets into your ears. After this pet you need to wipe well and leave to dry in a room without a draft. Sometimes it happens that the cat goes into hysterics from water. In this case, you just need to wipe it with napkins.
In addition, it is sometimes necessary to clean the ears with special means, without using cotton swabs. It is necessary to remove pollution only from visible parts.
If the cat's eyes fester, wash your eyes with products that are sold in a pharmacy. But you should not be too zealous with them, since cats can cope with minor inflammations themselves.
Genetically, these cats have no predisposition. However, you need to regularly drive pets for check-ups to the vet and be vaccinated, which the specialist will recommend.
Engaged in breeding in many countries. This happens both in nurseries and in the homes of individual breeders. Having a pair of purebred animals, waiting for the kittens is not a problem. If a cat and a cat live in the same house, they are a constant pair. However, different partners will only improve the quality of the breed and the health of the kittens.
Mekong bobtail, the photo of which is in the article, has many advantages. This and excellent health, and activity, and dedication. The content of the bobtail does not require much effort: it does not mark angles, does not make loud noises. In addition, like dogs, these animals stand up to defend their owner if they are suspected of danger.
Kittens of this breed do not differ from others in the process of adaptation to a new home. They need to allocate a place in which the kitten will spend time until it is time to acquaint him with the whole house. The baby must be given a house or bedding, a tray, food and water bowls and toys. If there are other pets in the house, there is no need to hurry to acquaint them with a new resident, this should be done a week or two after the kitten settles in a new place.
For the safe living of the baby, you must follow the following rules:
- Balcony and air vents in the room where the furry pet lives should be closed. If it is necessary to keep the windows open, they should have a mosquito net.
- Poisonous plants, dangerous objects should be removed from the room. Wires must be carefully masked.
- Indoors there should not be a draft, it is necessary to support heat in the room.
- Threads and plastic bags are bad toys. Tubular bones are also not worth giving a kitten.
- The washing machine should always be closed: the kitten can hide there and go unnoticed.
- You must ensure that the animal does not climb under the furniture with a low bottom.
There are several interesting things that are characteristic only for this breed.
- In communicating with each other, these cats do not use voice, this kind of communication is only for humans.
- They follow on the heels of the owner, controlling his actions.
- In the heat sweat pads.
- In the ear - 32 muscles, which cats easily manage.
- Cats of this breed do not like loud sounds. Leave the room if the music is too loud or the TV is working.
- First of all, in a fight, teeth, not claws, are used.
- When the pet twitches ears, it means that the cat is excited.
Where and when withdrawn?
The first representatives are seen in the temples of ancient Siam. There is a beautiful legend that these cats served as princess guards jewelry. The young ladies, taking the jewels off, put them on the twisted tail. Cats, tightly tied to the hostess, were nearby, so valuable jewelry was safe. The representatives of this breed have a beautiful color-point color, which resembles the coloring of the Siamese representatives of the old type. It is precisely this moment that often causes confusion, and the breeds are confused, the bobtail cats are called Thai, but they have one main difference - the Siamese and the Thais do not have such a wonderful short broken tail.
The breed was closed for a long time from spreading - there was a ban. Representatives of the breed were presented to high-ranking individuals, leaving the original territory in 1867. At this time, two cats were brought to London by the governess of the children of the ruler of Siam. In 1884, the king presented two charming cats to his ambassador.
The first standard of the Mekong bobtail was recognized in 1994 by Russian breeders, although there was no species as such throughout Europe. But today the breed is still considered open since new changes in standards are possible. In 2004 in Germany, the General Assembly gave the breed a name - Mekong Bobtail. The cats got their name from the Mekong River, which flows through the territories of such states as Laos, China and Vietnam. Professional breeders for a long time rejected the subspecies, fearing genetic mutations, deterioration in the health of cats, believing that mecons have no chance. But Russian breeders are convinced that natural mutations fixed by man will not affect the health of the offspring in any way.
Direct signs of the Mekong Bobtail breed
Cats have an attentive, piercing gaze. The eyes are bright blue in color, the slight slanting is a direct sign of the subspecies. Representatives of this breed can look into their eyes for a long time. Another difference is the claws on the hind legs. They look out of pads, creating a clatter characteristic of dogs when walking. Regarding the tail, there is no standard for the number of nodules. Each representative has his own unique number and size. The main rule - the first fracture is located strictly at the base.
Head. Rather, rather than wedge-shaped. The part between the ears is almost flat. The chin has proper development. A no-hump nose. The ears are set high, rounded, large, wide at the base, with slightly rounded tips, slightly retracted. The mustache is always straight.
Body. Rectangular shape, proportional. Animals have a strong body, while graceful. Weight about 4-5 kg, height at withers - 30-35 cm.
Paws. Medium size, proportional to the body. The only feature is that the claws on the pads of the hind legs do not hide completely.
Tail. Broken tail - the card of the breed. Cartilages of irregular shape are imperceptible to the eye, but by unwinding it, one can find breaks of various sizes. Each tail has its own number of curls, but at least 3. There are 3 types of crimpiness: a spiral - up to 15 kinks, a panicle - consists of 10 vertebrae, a stump is short, it can have the form of a spiral.
Wool. Smooth to the touch, almost no undercoat. Villi elastic, roll badly, which simplifies the care of the pet.
Color According to the standard, different shades are allowed, except for completely white. It can be as rich shades of blue, brown, black to barely noticeable cream. The standard is tabby (stripes - a combination of the primary color with a lighter one). Such a pattern is characterized by a different size of strips - closer to the pads, the tip of the tail, they become smaller. Tabbi is characterized by the presence of eyeliner around the eyes, a slightly noticeable letter "M" on the forehead.
Skin that is not adjacent to the body is another feature of this unique breed. Legend has it that pets protected their masters from snakes while sleeping. If the snake bit the animal, the released poison did not get to the muscles, because the skin has fewer vessels.
Health. Breeders claim abolition of animal immunity. Timely vaccinations, proper nutrition - the key to a long life of a pet. Pets live 20-25 years. There are no genetic diseases.
The habits of the cat of this breed are more similar to the dog. They easily carry small objects, it can be a leash for a walk or a favorite toy, which they will gladly bring to the owner. Thai representatives of the cat will not let you get bored - a curious animal will be everywhere. They subtly feel the mood of the owner, because to be sad alone is impossible. Pet necessarily jump on his knees, calming down with a soft voice. They are more than wary of guests. When you call the door emit a characteristic grumble, they can take an attack pose. Feel good people. But they will attack in a pinch. They rarely scratch, rather the animal will bite. The curious pet mekong bobtail will be everywhere - under the sofa, on the ledge or in the closet. Barriers to the cat does not exist. Get along with dogs, cats of other breeds. A cat will not give a chance to rodents, insects and fish - sooner or later it will get to the prey.
Talkativeness Cats speak in any situation, choosing a special intonation for each case. This breed is also easy to train - it is enough to show 1-2 times where the toilet is, what is possible, what is impossible - the cat is easily trained. The animal does not tolerate a disrespectful attitude; physical strength will only overpower the pet.
When living together, the female rules the family, the male is an excellent father, raising offspring, teaching all tricks. Mama-cat only feeds the kittens, carefully watching everything. Noticing the wrong behavior, will certainly give a slap in the face. The same applies to mating - the female decides everything. If the male did not like, the cat will not let him in. Mekong bobtail kittens are born completely monochromatic. The dark color on the paws, muzzle and tail appears by 3 months, but the kids get a saturated color closer to the year. Females in females appear by 4 months, but knitting at this age is dangerous for the offspring, it is too early. The optimal age is 10-11 months, according to the account it should be 3 estrus. After successful mating, babies will appear on day 63. The number of kittens from 5 pieces in one litter.
Care and maintenance
The cat is rather clean. Put tags, shit past the tray will not. Short hair without undercoat, does not require frequent combing, it is enough - 1-2 times a month. It is necessary to monitor its diet - semi-wild cats are prone to overeating. It is not necessary to feed the pet fried meat, especially pork, this may cause digestive problems.
The animal is curious, so the nets on the windows are required. You also need to equip a scraper in order not to endanger the furniture. Mekong bobtail love will surround the whole family. It is tolerable for small children - the features of the body structure (the skin that is not adjacent to the muscles) make it possible to endure even very intrusive children's arms. This breed will be the best pet for any family. Little kids will not be offended, and a lonely person will become the best friend and interlocutor.
The origin of the breed
Еще одна притча рассказывает о том, что в старинных храмах Юго-Восточной Азии кошка породы меконгский бобтейл считалась хранительницей старинных ваз. Де, охватывала этот предмет интерьера кошка своим хвостом и пристально следила, чтобы никто на вазу не покусился. От этой сложной миссии и загнулся у кошки хвост да немного раскосыми стали глаза.
Ну мифы на то и мифы, чтобы их на ночь вместо сказки рассказывать, мы же будем апеллировать только фактами.
But the facts are that for a long time Thais, protecting the breed, forbade the export of these beautiful animals from the country. Meckong bobtail breed could only be donated exclusively to respected foreigners. So, in 1867, the governess of the children of the King of Siam, one Anna Crawford, returned to England with a pair of kittens, and after a while the British ambassador Owen Gould received a gift from two temple cats.
Nowadays, the history of the breed starts in 2003, when the world community discovered that the characteristics of mekongs are different from the Thai breed, and a year later these cats got their official name “Mekong bobtail” and their own breed standard.
Learn also about a similar breed - Thai cat.
Description breed Mekongsky Bobtail
Graceful oriental beauties literally radiate wisdom and tranquility. These animals are of amazing beauty, which can only be described in verses, but we will not succeed in rhyming the features of the breed, therefore we will tell about the appearance of the Mekong bobtail in the official language of felinologists.
- Representatives of this breed are characterized by a moderately wedge-shaped head, flat on top. Beauties can boast of a roman nose without a hump. The transition from forehead to nose passes below eye level. Nose open, flush with lower jaw. Profile with easy transition, bending is at eye level.
- Ears of medium size, rounded at their tips, set high. The distance between the ears is less than the width of the ear. The outer edge of the ear is slightly retracted.
- Slightly slanting eyes are always bright blue. The upper eyelid is almond-shaped, the lower eyelid is rounded.
- The size of the representatives of this experimental breed is usually average. The body is rectangular, but traditionally slender. To the croup, there is a minimal increase in the back.
- Paws average in height, oval. A unique quality, peculiar only to mekongam - breeders note that on their hind legs claws do not retract inwards, therefore when walking these elegant cats “clink” a little.
- Of particular note is the tail of the Mekong bobtail. Yes, do not believe those who call this cat tailless! These slanderers simply do not know that the birth of the tailless mekong kittens has never been celebrated! Bobtails, therefore, got their name (English bobtail - short tail), because they have every small tail with unique bends and kinks. If you study a photo of a cat, you will notice that there are no two identical tails in mekongs. Each of the tails consists of a special combination of hooks and knots, it has at least 3 vertebrae, but does not exceed a quarter of the length of the body. A real Mekong bobtail can also wave its own, if I may say so, “tail”!
- The weight of cats is small, on average from 2.5 kg to 4 kg.
- Have you already noticed how often in the description of this breed we use the words "legend" and "unique"? Yes, mekongi - cats are not easy. Another legend (probably not the last) reports that the ancestors of this breed often converged in an unequal battle with venomous snakes living in ancient Siam. Thanks to these sparring games, the Mekong bobtail has developed an original body structure - cats skin is not tightly attached to the muscles. In former times, this prevented the penetration of snake venom, and in our time it allows the pet to squeeze in all directions without appreciable harm to it! By the way, the wool Mekong bobtail smooth, shiny, short. The undercoat mekongi do not have at all.
- Smooth-haired cat belongs to the colorpoint group. Officially recognized all colors, with the exception of white. Limbs, tail and muzzle, of course, dark color.
IMPORTANT! Thick undercoat, pronounced cheekbones, noticeable stop, round eyes are serious flaws, the presence of which discredits the proud title of Mekong bobtail.
We see the breed "Mekong bobtail" and we can not decide how to call this lovely creature - cat or pesokot. Reviews of the owners of these animals confirm the duality of the Mekong bobtail nature. And on the leash they go without problems, and they will play with the owner in the aport, and slippers, perhaps, would bring, but still cat pride does not allow.
They say that even despite the non-folding claws on their hind legs, mekongi are not scratched. But they bite if they consider that someone is crossing the limits of what is permitted.
It is worth noting the natural curiosity of the Mekong bobtail and devotion to the owner. Unlike all cats (oh, we are again about unique qualities!) Mekongs look a man in the eyes and never look away the first.
It is curious that in the presence of several Mekong bobtail animals in the house, the leadership always belongs to the cat, but the honorable duty of caring for the offspring is the cat. The latter, by the way, sometimes also receive decent cracks from a leading cat for not paying enough attention to kittens!
Genetic diseases for this breed are not seen. On the contrary, everyone agrees that mekongi is a very healthy breed. In fairness, we still report that the breed is prone to gingivitis (a mild form of paradontosis).
How to determine the onset of the disease? You should be alert for symptoms such as:
- a foul smell from the cat's mouth,
- profuse salivation,
- sore gums
- bleeding gums
- poor appetite.
But only the veterinarian must make a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
However, in the power of the owner to prevent the occurrence of gingivitis. Introduce special foods to your cat's diet, designed to reduce plaque and brush your teeth regularly (more on this below)
The life span of a Mekong bobtail is 20-25 years.
Where to buy kitten breed Mekongsky bobtail
Nowadays, about 600 representatives of the Mekong Bobtail breed are registered in world clubs.
The cost of a kitten is influenced by the quality of the animal, the saturation of the color and its gender. Cats, as a rule, are more expensive than cats.
The average price of a Mekong bobtail kitten in Ukraine is 2000 hryvnia, and in Russia it is about 5,000 rubles.
In Kiev, we did not find a specialized nursery, but in Dnepropetrovsk you can buy kittens of this breed.
Mekong Bobtail - Princess of the Feline World!
And a little about the secrets.
The story of one of our readers Irina Volodina:
My eyes were especially frustrating, surrounded by large wrinkles plus dark circles and swelling. How to remove wrinkles and bags under the eyes completely? How to cope with swelling and redness? But nothing is so old or young man as his eyes.
But how to rejuvenate them? Plastic surgery? I found out - no less than 5 thousand dollars. Hardware procedures - photorejuvenation, gas-liquid pilling, radio lifting, laser facelift? Slightly more accessible - the course is 1.5-2 thousand dollars. And when to find all this time? Yes, and still expensive. Especially now. Therefore, for myself, I chose another way.
History of creation
Short-tailed mekongi - a natural mutation that appeared in Southeast Asia. The progenitors of this breed are Thai cats. Until the 10th century, they were not taken out of the country at all. The first kittens appeared in Japan, then came to Europe. They were presented as an original gift to representatives of foreign countries.
Individuals of the Siamese breed with non-standard tails are not recognized in Europe. The situation was saved by Russian breeders. They worked hard to secure an unusual sign. In 1994, the Russians approved the breed standard. At the beginning of the twenty-first century, the Mekong bobtail breed, Mekong bobtail, was officially recognized. Its representatives were named after the Mekong River, which flows through Laos, China, Vietnam and Cambodia.
The recognition of the WCF (the international felinological association, which includes Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia) made it possible to exhibit representatives of the breeds at international exhibitions. European experts are wary of mekongam, considering that a broken tail can affect animal health. Russian genetics claim that this is a manifestation of a natural genetic mutation, artificially fixed by man, and does not affect the physical condition of individuals.
This breed is endowed with intelligence and innate worldly wisdom. Its representatives resemble Siamese animals. They differ in the structure of the body and, of course, the shape of the tail, from it you can immediately determine that you face a Mekong bobtail. Its description is as follows:
- Head. Rounded, slightly wedge-shaped, flat on top, with a well-developed chin. The transition to the nose just below the eye level, the nose itself without the hump. Ears at the base are wide, rounded, set high, medium size. The distance between them is less than the width of the ear. Eyes oval, intense blue color, light diagonal welcome.
- Torso. Medium size, compact, rectangular shape. Combines grace and muscular strength. The slender body has a straight back line with a barely noticeable rise to the croup. Females look sleeker, have a proud posture. Weight does not exceed 4.5 kg, height at withers is on average 30 cm.
- Limbs. Medium height, oval-shaped legs. Only mekgongov claws on its hind legs do not fully retract.
- Wool. Tight, short, silky, with almost no undercoat. Kittens are born most often light without marks. Permissible color any, except white.
- Lifespan. They live a long time, up to 25 years, puberty begins at 7 months.
- Tail. It has at least three knots (the smaller number does not allow to attribute an individual to this breed), the length does not exceed one-fourth the length of the animal's body. For tails there is a certain classification:
- shifted: the number of vertebrae to seven, straight, on the tip of the squiggle is the result of the deformation of the vertebrae,
- stump: very short, spinal vertebrae may be arranged spirally,
- spiral: the number of vertebrae reaches 15 pieces, kinks form a clear spiral,
- a whisk: may consist of 10 vertebrae, kinks at an obtuse angle.
All of the above options and other types of tails are fixed, slow-moving or moving. Mekong bobtail does not have a strictly defined tail shape, there are no standards. Each cat or cat has its own unique combination of knots, curves and other zagogulin. There is a strict rule regarding the first fracture - necessarily at the base.
For mekongov color classics consider force-point. He is the most stable in type. The following colors are allowed: tortie and tabby varieties, cream, blue, chocolate, red, lilac, links. Breeders are working to get pinning purple and gold hues.
The most common colors:
- Salt point The general background is cream, the mask and marks on paws are black.
- Red-point. Rare color. Against the snow-white skin there is a fiery red mask and “gloves”. The main white color can slightly overflow with a peach shade.
- Tortie-point. This turtle "outfit" nature rewards only cats.
- Blue point. The body is covered with silver wool, the mask and color of the paws is bluish or pink. Rare enough color.
- Chocolite-point. The general background is cream or snow-white, chocolate-colored markings. The peculiarity of this suit is lilac or mauve eye color in animals.
- Tabby-point. On a white or barely tinted background with tabby markings and many options for lace patterns. A prerequisite - the presence on the face marks in the form of the letter "M". Valued accuracy and clarity of the picture.
Mekong bobtail refers to the breeds that are not particularly capricious in eating. Cats live quietly on ready-made food and homemade food. Feed twice a day. Access to clean water at room temperature should be constant. Animals prefer to drink from deep containers. When choosing industrial feeds, you should focus on premium quality products. It is difficult to overfeed mekongov, they are not greedy for food, they do not suffer from obesity.
When feeding with natural products you need to remember a few rules:
- do not give milk, fatty meat and fish,
- all natural products, regardless of origin (meat, dairy) can not contain more than 10% fat,
- meat products must be fresh,
- pork and liver are contraindicated in bobtails,
- river fish is permitted only boiled,
- pollock and cod are not welcome in the diet,
- feed containing a lot of copper, magnesium leads to dullness and darkening of coat color,
- from vegetables it is not recommended to give beets and cabbage.
Vegetables are rubbed and mixed with fish or meat. Animals eat cottage cheese, eggs, kefir, meat, offal, vegetables and fruits.
Mekong bobtail (reviews of the happy owners of cats in this regard are unanimous) do not require special care. They do not cause much trouble: they do not mark the territory, do not meow loudly, are friendly and sociable.
Animals are very clean, easily accustomed to the tray. Wool is enough to comb during shedding, which passes almost imperceptibly. Wash animals as the wool is contaminated, but no more than twice a month. With the categorical rejection of the procedure of bathing the animal can be wiped with wet wipes.
Ears care is a regular (once a month) cleaning from visible impurities. Animals need to trim their claws on their hind legs (when they grow up to 3 cm). This procedure requires attention and care in order not to damage the nerve endings and blood vessels.
Bobtails safely carry a trip by car, can accompany the owner on a walk, walking like a dog on a leash. Moving to a new place of residence, too, will not cause panic, the cats become more accustomed to the person than to the habitat.
Former dog lovers knowingly opt for the Mekong Bobtail breed. The nature of their behavior is close to the dog. They do not "walk by themselves," preferring the owner's company. A knock or a bell at the door turns the cat into a formidable guard: he stands in a defensive posture and makes a threatening grumble. If he feels hostility towards the guest, he may attack.
Wild ancestors awarded mekongov powerful hunting instincts. They are great jumping, agile, with lightning reaction. Insects will not fly or crawl in the apartment; cats will simply destroy them. The same fate awaits fish, any rodents and birds. They will not accept them in their family, but will be considered legitimate game. But Bobtails get along well with dogs.
Cats run both offspring and cats. They are sedate and stately. Raising children is engaged in papa-mekongsky bobtail. Kittens learn from him all the cat wisdom. Age does not take them, they remain playful until old age.
Animals are sociable, like to sit on their hands and "talk." Moreover, for each specific situation, they choose the appropriate timbre. They are easy to train and can bring slippers or serve an aport. Patient to children and demolish all their manifestations of love.
Animals have excellent health. Strong immunity guarantees a long life. There are no particular diseases peculiar to this breed. Care about health does not cause problems. We need vaccinations, protection from worms, preventive examinations from veterinary specialists, control over proper nutrition.
The reason for the alarm and appeal to a specialist can be:
- poor appetite
- sore and / or bleeding gums,
- bad breath,
- copious saliva.