It's no secret that for each breed, food should be different. After all, the structure of the body of the Siamese kitten (for example), is very different from the Persian, and so on.
Today, we look at the principle of nutrition, Scottish kittens.
Pet feeding natural food
First of all, you need to remember that you should not take kittens that are less than two months old. After all, the pet should already be accustomed to natural food.
To a lop-eared kitten does not have any health problems, it must be properly fed.
The list of products that can be fed Scottish Fold (and straight) kittens:
- Boiled chicken meat is best if it is breast. Chicken meat has a lot of protein and it will be useful for the baby.
- In a day, kittens can be given beef (but not more than 40 grams). Meat can be raw, but always frozen.
- Once a week, kittens can be smoked with boiled chicken liver. Kittens really like this delicacy, but often, it can not be given.
- Once a week, kittens need lean, boneless fish. The fish must be boiled and cut into small pieces.
- As an additive, kittens can be given boiled chicken yolk.
- All low-fat dairy products - this is a great food for Scottish kittens.
- Several times a week, kittens can be given boiled cereals: rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. In porridge, you can add fish, meat or boiled yolk.
- Milk and milk cereals - these products can be given to kittens, new moderate quantities. Milk must be boiled.
- Cooked vegetables are great products for kittens. Vegetables can be cut into small pieces or grind into mashed potatoes.
Mixed food for kittens
Some people prefer to feed the kittens with food or mixed food.
With this diet, remember these rules:
- Ready food should be intended for kittens, not for adult cats,
- The composition of the feed must be clear
- Do not buy the cheapest food,
- All food served with food must be cooked.
In the kitten's diet, it is imperative to add vitamins, otherwise the baby may have poor hair growth or teeth fall out.
Rules for feeding kittens
The basic rules for feeding kittens are:
- Food never salt. Salty food is poison for kittens.
- Food for a kitten should be at room temperature or slightly heated. It is not necessary to give the pet food from the refrigerator.
- Do not give the kitten a bone. They can hurt the baby’s mouth or get stuck in the throat.
- All food for a kitten must be cut into small pieces, otherwise the kitten may choke.
- Meat for a kitten should be frozen or boiled. Raw unprocessed meat can be the source of many diseases in kittens.
- In no case, do not give the kitten pork.
- Never give a kitten food from the table.
A clean filtered water should always be available to the kitten. The kitten can drink it in unlimited quantities.
It should be remembered that feed a Scottish kitten aged 2 to 6 months, should be 3 times a day, after six months - 2 times.
If you feed the kitten correctly, he will always be healthy and happy.
What can feed the kitten?
Most owners are interested in, what can you feed Scottish Fold kittens when choosing a natural food? In general, the diet of a small kitten is not much different in its composition from the diet of an adult cat. However, it requires much more vitamin supplements and trace elements, and a significant proportion of the food should be dairy products.
Ready-made high quality packaged feed already contains all the necessary substances, and you need to give extra vitamin supplements only if you teach your pet to natural food.
- Water pet food with a small amount of fish oil. For 2 - 3 month old babies, a few drops are enough, from 5 months of age the amount of this useful supplement needs to be increased to 1 tsp per day.
- Place near the place of feeding several shallow bowls with “natural supplements”: dry brewer's yeast and chopped school dust into dust.
- Natural food does not give a little Scottish fold the right amount of calcium. To compensate for the lack of this microelement, you can give vitamin complexes for kittens or add to the food of the kitten an egg shell ground in a blender or grinder.
- 3 times a week, let's pet curd. You can use children's curd mixes, for example, "Agushu".
What can not feed the kitten?
The list of what it is impossible to feed the Scottish fold kittens is also very impressive. This includes all fatty meats, salt and seasonings, sausage, sour foods, sweets, chocolate and river fish.
You should not give your pet yogurt - it has too high sugar content. Raw meat is contraindicated. It must be boiled or, if time is short, rinse thoroughly with boiling water. Bones also can not be given in any form.
How many times a day to feed a kitten?
Unlike adult animals that have two meals a day, a kitten should receive food several times a day.
- A baby a few weeks old should be fed every one and a half to two hours in tiny portions.
- Upon reaching 1.5 months, the number of feedings can be reduced to 6 - 8 times a day, gradually increasing the periods between meals to 3 hours.
- By 3 months, the volume of a single portion becomes larger, but the frequency of food intake decreases: 5 times a day the grown-up kitten is quite enough.
- At 4 and 5 months, this number is even less: 4 times a day.
- By half a year, three feedings per day are sufficient.
- And only after 1 year can you transfer your pet to two meals.
A growing body spends its energy very quickly. The high activity of the kitten and its rapid growth require that the baby receive food immediately, as soon as it begins to experience hunger. Depending on how you feed the Scottish Fold kitten, you can always keep the food freely available or apply it every time the animal begins to show interest in the bowl.
Ordinary foods or soft pastes are better to clean after each feeding. But dry food can be left in the bowl for the whole day. During the day the kitten can be applied to food up to 20 times.
How to feed 1 month old fold kitten?
Rarely, but it still happens that newborn kittens are separated from the mother, and the task of feeding them falls on the shoulders of people.
In the first month of life, cat babies get all the necessary nutrients along with their mother's milk. During this period, they do not need additional food, and their bodies are not yet able to digest it. To feed the monthly kitten of the Scottish Fold is best of all with special suspensions sold in a pet shop. But if necessary, the milk mixture can be made from goat or cow's milk. At this age, animals still do not know how to chew, and they will have to feed them with a pipette or syringe.
When the kitten begins to actively play, you can begin to accustom him to the bowl. Most babies quickly begin to lap up the milk, after which hand-feeding can be stopped, gradually transferring the pet to soft foods.
Meals at 2 - 3 months of age
From week 8, you can start adding solid foods to your Scottish Fold food. This should be done carefully, gradually reducing the proportion of milk in the daily diet.
To feed a Scottish Fold kitten at this age you need semi-liquid food that does not require thorough chewing. Meat cut as small as possible, boiled vegetables can be kneaded to the state of gruel. Be sure to dilute the food with lean broth or water. If an animal reluctantly eats regular food, try pouring kefir or sour cream into it. Although it is better to give fermented milk products separately, without mixing with the rest of the food.
If you decide to feed the kitten with branded products, choose specialized kitten food. In no case do not need to give food for adult cats. Ideal for this breed of feed firm Yams and Royal Canin (original).
Do not save on food for your pet. The Scottish Fold cat at any age needs a lot of protein and vitamin supplements. In the premium and super premium feeds, these substances are sufficient, but cheap feeds are made mainly of fiber and by-products. Meat in them, as a rule, is replaced by bone meal and by-products, and its content does not exceed 30%. Such food can cost a lop-eared baby's health.
Food for kittens 3, 4 and 5 months
By the 13th week of life, you need to completely remove the milk from the Scottish Fold menu. Most kittens older than 3 months do not absorb this product. The amount of fermented milk products can be reduced to 20 - 30%, and in return, to increase the proportion of meat.
3/5 of all products at this age should be solid food. Kashi needs to be boiled, as before, with a semi-liquid consistency, but to add to it cut vegetables and finely chopped meat. By 4–5 months, the size of the pieces can be increased to 1 cm. From this age, the kitten’s food differs from the food for an adult Scottish Fold cat only by the size of portions and the number of feedings per day.
The main thing is food
When taking the kitten from the breeder, ask about the pet's diet. It is advisable to continue to feed him with the usual foods in the prescribed mode at least for the first days. This will save the animal from indigestion, and you - from worries about his appetite.
Scottish Fold cats are omnivorous - they are not capricious in food and quickly get used to new products. Decide whether you will feed your pet home or industrial food. The last option is preferable - professional foods contain a balanced set of nutrients, trace elements and vitamins necessary for the proper development of the kitten. Up to half a year, the pet is fed with canned food and dry granules for kittens, later they can be transferred to feed for adult animals. Make sure that the animal always has clean water - this is especially important if the kitten eats dry food.
If you decide to cook your own food, make a small mixture of meat products and cereals. Kittens are contraindicated for fatty meats, cream, convenience foods and smoked meats. Scottish folds should not be given a lot of calcium - for example, cottage cheese. It is believed that such food can affect the ears of the animal - instead of lying on the head, they rise. Do not feed your pet delicacies - Scottish Fold are prone to overeating, and this is fraught with full and upset stomach.
Feed the kitten three to four times a day. After six months, it can be transferred to two meals.
Scottish folds quickly get used to the rules. Select a small animal convenient place where he will feel safe. This can be a basket with a soft mattress, a bedding table or a special cat house. Take care that the kitten has a claw and toys. The little Scotsman will play for hours with a mouse hanging on an elastic band or chasing a paper ball. The kitten needs communication. Daily play with him, take your hands, talk. Scottish Fold is very sociable and needs close contact with the owner.
Kittens of this breed are very clean. Choose a convenient toilet tray with a filler and clean it regularly. You can put your pet two trays - this is especially convenient if you are not at home for several hours.
Scottish Folds get along well with children, cats and other pets. They very rarely show aggression, maintaining a cheerful disposition until old age. These kittens do not scratch and do not bother meowing, they are very balanced and slightly phlegmatic. But for the safety of the pets themselves, it is worth regularly making them a manicure. Cut the claws with special animal clippers, removing only the very tip of the plate.
Take care of kitten hair. For thick fur with a dense undercoat, care for it with the help of frequent comb with rounded teeth. Comb the kitten twice a week - usually the animals calmly tolerate this procedure. Wash your pet is not worth it. But you need to regularly clean his ears. With a cotton swab dipped in a special lotion, gently wipe the ear inside. If dark crusts are visible on cotton wool, show the kitten to the vet - perhaps the animal has become infected with an ear mite. Check and pet eyes. If they are watering, drip anti-inflammatory drops, and remove the dirt from the corners of the eyes with a damp cotton swab.
Basic rules of care
The most necessary things for the mustached baby will be: a bowl for eating and drinking, a scraper, a toilet, a house or a bed. And of course it will not be possible to do without toys. As for the toilet, it is not recommended to wash the tray on the first day, because kittens are usually oriented by smell. If suddenly the Scottish kitten was taken aback and for the first time did not go to the tray, then you need to wet a piece of toilet paper and place it in the tray. After that, you should put the kitten in the tray and make digging movements of his paws. Do not carry the kitten through the rooms until it has become accustomed to the tray.
The hygiene of the kittens of this breed is to brush their ears, bathe and trim the claws. These procedures are usually performed as needed. Be sure to get a special brush with natural bristles, which is useful for combing wool. Also buy a comb with metal teeth for a deeper comb.
Proper nutrition Scottish kitten
As a feed for a small pet, you can use pre-frozen meat from chicken, turkey or veal. Meat should be boiled and served in the form of minced meat. Fish should not be given more than twice a month. by the way, it should be well boned. Also in the diet, you can safely include porridge with boiled or raw yolk. They are very useful for Scottish kittens. But raw freshwater fish and cream to feed them is strictly prohibited. Milk in its pure form can be given only up to three months. Then it should be replaced with sour cream, natural yogurt or kefir. In addition, a Scottish Fold kitten must always have access to fresh drinking water. It is recommended to change it as often as possible.
What vaccinations do you need?
About ten days before the first vaccination, it is imperative to de-worming and completely rid the kitten of fleas. During vaccination, the kitten must be healthy. The first vaccination should be made in two and a half months. It will help protect the kitten from calicivirus infection and viral rhinotracheitis. In this case, the vaccine NobivacTricat can be used. Three weeks after the first vaccination, a booster vaccination is recommended with the same drug. Then the kitten will be immune.
When the kitten reaches six months of age, it will be possible to vaccinate against rabies. Well, before taking out a pet to nature, be sure to vaccinate against depriving.
- How to care for a Scottish Fold kitten?
Kittens are such funny creatures! They want to constantly play, caress. Appearing in our house, they bring a lot of joy, happiness and love. But the kitten must be properly fed. Otherwise, he can get sick and even die.
Lop-eared Scottish kittens are not recommended to be weaned from their mother earlier than 2 months. This can lead to a significant deterioration in the well-being of the baby. At the age of 8-10 weeks, the Scottish kitten is most prepared for the transition to adult food. From 1.5 to 2 months, the kittens are fed 6 times a day every 3 hours, in 2-3 months the portions are increased, but the number of feedings is reduced to 5 times. At 4-5 months of age, feeding is done 4 times a day, at 6-7 months old - 3 times a day, after 12-14 months - 2 times a day. After eating the bowl must be cleaned, leaving only a container with fresh water. Do not forget that even very useful products can not feed a cat in unlimited quantities - this can disrupt the metabolism. Only a good attitude, good nutrition and caring care, can make a kitten healthy and cheerful.
So what's to feed the little Fold Scot? There are three types of food for kittens:
1. Natural nutrition - that is, feeding with natural products.
2. Feeding ready food.
3. Mixed type of food, which combines the two previous types.
It should be remembered that not all products that we use are suitable for cats, and especially for kittens. Natural food - this is not the remnants of the table owners. Every day you will have to prepare food for a kitten using the right products:
1. Meat products (not fatty meat): The owner should remember that in the diet of lop-eared kittens meat is the most important product and its consumption should be daily. Meat kittens can be given raw only if the owner is confident in its high quality. Также, котятам можно давать отварное мясо либо ошпаренное кипятком.
• Мясо птицы (курица и индейка) давайте только хорошо проваренными, во избежание заражения сальмонеллезом, для малышей грудка( обязательно следует ее измельчить перед подачей), с 4-х месяцев – ножки.
• Субпродукты ( говяжьи или куриные) – печень, сердце, легкое, почки, рубец. Субпродукты давайте только в промороженном виде или отваренными. Lop-eared kittens are advised to give a liver (product rich in vitamins and microelements) - once a week and only in boiled form.
• Beef - it will be quite enough to give the baby 30-40 grams of product every other day. You can alternate between boiled and raw frozen (you need to freeze for 3-5 days) meat.
2. Fish: The fact that cats, and especially kittens, need to be given fish is a myth. In fact, fish - a very unhealthy product for the cat's body. Fish cats can be given only marine, low-fat species. Before you feed the fish to your Scot, boil it, free from all bones. Do not give the kitten raw or freshwater fish. Do not abuse the fish, give it 1-2 times a week. With constant eating fish (especially raw), cats can develop urolithiasis
3. Dairy products:
• Milk can only be given to kittens for up to three months. Further, the organism of many animals ceases to assimilate it and causes intestinal upset. Before giving milk, boil it.
• Dairy products: 2-3 times a week cottage cheese, kefir, low-fat sour cream. Comprehensibility in the first place are curds and kefir from a series of baby food. Older kittens can be fed 0% fat cheese. But do not get carried away with cottage cheese - its excess leads to an increase in the stiffness of the animal's hair and causes raising the ears. But soft plush wool and hanging ears are the main signs of the breed of your pet. As a delicacy for a kitten low-fat varieties of cheese will do.
4 eggs. Egg yolk or quail eggs whole. If the eggs are not home, then be sure to boil them. Kittens should be given raw egg yolk no more than 1 time per week, twice a week to mix boiled chicken yolk into the kitten porridge.
5. Vegetables (except potatoes) 2-3 times a week.
Vegetables are extremely useful for kittens in fresh and boiled form. Before use, they should be grated, considering that cats, in general, do not chew food, and plant cells are covered with a cellulose membrane that does not dissolve in digestive juices. Despite this, cats must be given and not grated vegetables. It does not matter that some of them are not absorbed by the body. When a cat gnaws a whole apple, carrot, cabbage, she cleans and removes yellow plaque from her teeth. It is useful to teach kitten to raw vegetables, fruits, berries and meat from an early age and subsequently give them regularly so that the cat does not learn from these useful foods. Very rich in vitamin A carrots. It is recommended to give it in a grated form with a small combination of animal or vegetable fat. In this case, the carotene contained in carrots is more fully converted into vitamin A. In moderate quantities, fruits and berries are produced. Greens are added to the finished food raw, chopped.
Cooked vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, and asparagus beans are mashed and mixed with meat. Pumpkin is added to food boiled or steamed - from worms. You can also give wheat germ or grass from the pet store.
6. Kashi: rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, wheat, boil them in water or milk several times a week. Cereals can be alternated with vegetable side dishes. If you cook in water, then add meat, fish, meat broth and boiled vegetables in mashed potatoes.
7. Vitamins. It is not always that the kitten's organism absorbs all the useful substances from the products, therefore for its full growth and development, it is necessary to give vitamin and mineral supplements to the Scottish Fold kitten.
For this breed requires special VC, not containing iron. And in some cases, better without calcium. Wrong selection of vitamin complexes is fraught with the occurrence of problems with the liver and kidneys. But before giving the Scottish Fold vitamins, do not be lazy to do the tests and make sure that they really need them.
The best choice for your Scottish Fold kitten will be ready-made premium food. Only premium-class food can saturate a growing body with all the necessary nutrients and vitamins, as they contain a balanced daily menu for fold-out Scottish people. This not only saves your time on preparing food for the animal, but also by feeding on a more balanced feed, it receives all the necessary nutrients for its body. You can not worry that the kid will not have enough calcium for growth, and for beautiful wool - sulfur and zinc. All the necessary trace elements have already been added to the feed class "Elite" and "Premium." If your pet's health is dear to you, do not save on its nutrition.
For each age there is its own, special composition. When your Scottish Fold kitten is quite small, pay attention to the canned mousse for kittens. Thanks to his gentle consistency, the kitten is very comfortable to eat it. Feed for adult animals can not be fed, because they have different needs for vitamins and minerals, moreover, adult dry food has larger granules than children. Also, feed for kittens give pregnant and lactating cats. When the kitten is a little older, begin to mix in canned food, dry food. Dry food is also useful in that the cat gnaws it, thereby reducing the risk of dental disease.
When feeding ready-made feeds, do not add vitamins to the kitten - there are enough of them in the feeds.
For a cat, especially castrated, you need to buy food marked "prevention of urolithiasis." This feed is low in ash, phosphorus and magnesium. For a cat, this is not so important as for a cat, so you can buy food with any other marks: “for cats kept in the room”, “for shiny wool”, etc. Since dry food does not deteriorate, you can pour in the bowl daily rate at once. Canned food is given so much that a cat eats it at one time.
Such a diet is recommended (based on the daily dose): 75% dry food 25% canned. You can increase the consumption of canned food up to 50% of the daily diet, this is important if the cat is an exhibition.
Never feed your baby with cheap feeds (massively advertised) - this can very badly affect his health, as in such feeds there is very little real meat, only ground bones, leather and other waste flavored with synthetic additives, and vitamins are not well balanced. Their use not only does not satisfy the cat's need for vitamins and minerals, but also leads to various diseases. Feeding them increases the risk of urolithiasis. It is not surprising that after a couple of months of feeding low-cost food (dry and canned), the kitten begins to ache, eat and become covered in an incomprehensible rash.
It is better to feed the cat with natural food than cheap feed.
The main producers of premium feed:
· Nutro Choice (Nutro Choice)
· Iams (Yam)
· Royal Canin (Royal Canin)
· Eagle Pack (Eagle Pack)
· Nutra Gold (Nutra Gold)
· Purina Pro Plan (Purina Pro Plan)
Mixed type of food.
If you choose a mixed type of food for your kitten, remember that the basis of your pet's food should be ready-made food, and as a bait 1-2 times a day, mostly in the morning and evening, natural foods are given to the cat, and the cat always has dry food. . With this feeding, the cat should receive vitamins daily, as well as with a natural type of food.
What not to give a lop-eared kitten.
There are products that can harm kittens. These include:
Food from the table. It is impossible to feed cats from the table. And the more you can not feed them Scottish Fold. Our food may not be just useless for the Scot, but even dangerous. Cat food must be chosen carefully, considering its age and state of health. Poisoning in cats due to malnutrition is quite common.
Baby canned meat. Often, children's canned meat is used for feeding Scottish Fold. But they may contain onion powder, which is dangerous for them. Moreover, this food is very rich in protein, which is also not very useful for lop-eared ones. Because of this, they may have kidney problems. Often potatoes are added to such preserves, which can lead to bloating and digestive problems.
Bones (any) in the stomach of cats are not digested. They can not only choke the animal, but also injure the esophagus and stomach, and the bones can damage and clog the intestines. A plug of bones can form, which will cause pain and indisposition of the animal. Because of it, vitamins and trace elements will not be absorbed.
Sweets, coffee, tea - the metabolism is disturbed, the immunity is weakened, the wool grows dull. Sweet causes dental diseases, obesity and diabetes occur .. Theobromine is contained in chocolate, and for cats it is poison, it causes severe poisoning, even to the death of the animal. Also, these products may contain theophylline - the strongest toxin for cats, which can affect the work of the heart and nervous system.
Citrus. Citrus oil can be the cause of vomiting and poisoning in cats.
Dog food. Canine industrial feed created specifically based on the needs of this species. If you feed them cats, and even more so Scottish Fold, you run the risk of eventually facing heart disease.
Fatty, spicy, salty, fried, smoked products, including sausages and canned food for people - feeding them causes indigestion, disruption of the intestinal flora and disrupts metabolism. As a result, the animal looks bad and chronic diseases can appear. This breed often has problems with the liver, so fatty foods are completely excluded. Allowed to add to the diet of vegetable oil (not more than 1 drop in 2 days). Otherwise, in the future will have to treat pancreatitis.
Milk and Cream
Adult cats do not have an enzyme that allows lactose to digest. Milk causes diarrhea, which is poorly treated, causing a real poisoning in the cat. Do not give your kitten cream. Even with the lowest percentage of fat, this product is harmful to the liver of an animal. Also, don't give yogurts - as a rule, they all contain sugar.
Mushrooms Eating mushrooms is dangerous for cats. They may have toxins from which the animal may die.
Onion and garlic. They contain disulfides and sulfoxidov, they can lead to anemia.
Potatoes, tomatoes, rhubarb and vegetables containing oxalates. They are not absorbed in the body of all cats, cause problems with the digestive and nervous systems, and besides, the starch contained in the potato is not digested by the cat's stomach and therefore is a useless product for it.
Raw eggs. Can be infected with salmonella, as well as in the composition have the enzyme avidin, preventing the absorption of biotin. From raw eggs in cats deteriorates the condition of the skin and coat. In Scottish Fold, raw eggs can even induce vomiting.
Raw fish. The stereotype that cats love fish is completely contrary to their nature. Raw fish is harmful for cats! It can lead to abnormalities in the digestive tract and even death. Because of raw fish, Scots may develop a deficiency of thiamine, which is very important to them. Do not feed your lop-eared raw fish, even if he will ask. All he can do is a piece of boiled trout or boneless salmon. And no more than once a week.
Yeast bread and yeast dough. It can lead to bloating, gas formation and even rupture of the intestines.
Pork, lamb, poultry meat (except chicken): goose, duck, turkey - raw consumption of such meat leads to infection with worms, and in some cases to dangerous infectious diseases, which can even lead to the death of the animal. In addition, this meat is very fat and poorly absorbed by the cat's body.
Legumes (soybeans, peas, and beans) are not absorbed by the body, just like potatoes, and, moreover, causes bloating and fermentation in the intestines.
Drugs and vitamins for people - vitamins for people are not suitable for cats, they have their own, different from people, balance of minerals and trace elements. In addition, many drugs for humans can cause severe poisoning in cats, leading to kidney failure and death of the animal.
Let's sum up:
· Resist the desire to make food for a kitten more tasty - do not salt it.
· It is better to cut large pieces before feeding, be sure to remove the bones.
· Fish, legumes, fatty meat (pork and lamb, duck and goose), bones, starchy vegetables - you can't include a cat in the menu.
· No matter how appealing, beautiful eyes from under the table look at you, do not give in to provocations and do not feed the kitten from your plate! Our food is not useful and even more necessary for animals.
· A small kitten under six months old needs frequent feedings. Later it can be taught to two meals.
· Ice cream, sweets, sausage, fried and sour foods - all this is contraindicated for your pet.
· Wash and clean the food dish at night. Then the kitten will definitely not eat anything spoiled. But the tank with clean water must stand at night. All cat food must be fresh and the water clean.
· Raw meat must be frozen for at least 3 days in the freezer and then scalded with boiling water. Chicken or turkey can only be given boiled (so that the kitten does not become infected with salmonella).
· Milk in the diet of kittens that are 3 months old is not necessary - it is better to offer your child a non-sour curd and kefir. Cream and sour cream, even the minimum fat content, put unnecessary stress on the digestive system.
· Grass growing in the yard can be a source of various microorganisms.
· The products you are going to give the kitten, whether raw or boiled, should be at room temperature.
· It is necessary to give vitamin and mineral supplements with natural and mixed nutrition.
The need for food is influenced by the degree of activity, ambient temperature, and metabolic peculiarities. A cat that spends a lot on the air runs all day long, and sleeps on the balcony at night, it takes 50-60% more food than the cat that lives in the apartment. A growing cat requires more food than an adult weighing alone. You need to pay attention to the normal weight, height of the cat and whether it is full or not. A well-fed cat is full of energy and cheerfulness. Phlegmatic, lethargy on walks and unwillingness to run in the absence of signs of obvious disease can be the result of overfeeding. Dry wool with dandruff means that it is necessary to add vegetable oil to food. In stressful conditions, the need for the amount of food varies. In such cases, it is better to feed the cat two or three times a day. But as soon as the time of stress passes, the diet should be normalized.
By following the recommendations here about how to feed a Scottish Fold kitten, you will grow a healthy, strong cat that will not suffer from various diseases. You will provide your pet with a long and happy life, and yourself - many pleasant and joyful moments in his society. And veterinarian services will be needed exclusively for vaccinations!
The so-called natural feeding, the composition of which includes natural food, prepared specifically for the animal or selected from the one that the owners eat. This power system is the most correct and balanced. in case you cook for a kitten at home. Feeding a Scottish Fold cat at home according to this scheme will provide him with all the necessary nutrients and will contribute to the proper functioning of the digestive tract.
If you do not want to risk with natural products, then dry or wet food will be an excellent choice. However, lop-eared cats, due to the peculiarities of their physiology, require special food, which is designed specifically for this breed.
In this case, it is not worth saving, and the ideal option would be to pick up exactly the food and brand that was fed the Scottish kitten in the nursery.
But if it is not possible to buy such expensive food, you can stop at cheaper alternatives, but in any case, the food for the kitten of the Scottish breed must be chosen according to his age so that he can chew it and the food properly digested. The composition of the food for kittens and adult cats is also different, it must be considered when choosing the brand and type of dry or wet food,
The third type of food is quite controversial and still causes controversy among razvodchiki. It lies in the fact that food kitten Fold Scottish is based on the combination of natural food and feed.
On the one hand, this scheme is quite good, since provides the intake of all necessary substances and natural food, a given that the food will be the most delicious for a Scottish kitten, sometimes such food will not allow you to stray from the food schedule due to a change of food or incorrectly cooked natural food. Но если питание выстроено правильно, то такой вариант станет идеальным выбором для тех, кто не может постоянно находиться дома и нет времени для того, чтобы приготовить натуральные продукты для своего любимца.
Для любителей заводских кормов выпускается большое количество каш и муссов для котят, которые помогут стать основной составляющей их питания, а также приучат малыша к употреблению различных каш, мясных, а также рыбных изделий.
What you can eat Scottish kitten
Before you make a diet for a Fold Scotsman, you need to decide which products should be included in it, and which products are recommended as a delicacy.
If we consider the main components of nutrition, then it must necessarily include:
- lean meats, such as veal and chicken, pre-frozen well or cooked,
- the meat must first be ground in a blender to a uniform consistency so that the Scottish kitten does not have to chew it or swallow it whole, because in this case it will not digest,
- It is not recommended to give the skin, fatty parts of the meat, as they can provoke upset digestive tract,
- fish must be present in the diet. However, you should be very attentive to its cleaning and selection, and the best choice would be sea fish, which will be included in the diet at least 1-2 times a week,
- the sequence will provide enough fatty acids, which are contained in fish, and calcium so that the skeleton is formed correctly, and the body of the Scottish kitten is strong,
- Scottish kittens feeding rules include such a plan as the mandatory presence in the diet of different types of cereals,
- All kinds of cereals must be boiled before serving and mixed with meat or fish products in order to give them a more appetizing look and interest the Scottish kitten in taste and smell,
- porridge contributes to the proper operation of the esophagus and is very nutritious, which is very important in the infancy and adolescence of the Scottish kitten, when the body is just formed and grows,
- dairy products should be included in the menu as a delicacy, they should not be too fat, they should be mixed with cereals, because they digest better,
- Do not include boiled eggs in the diet. However, the protein is strictly prohibited for feeding kittens,
- Quail eggs are also very useful, they significantly improve digestion and provide the baby with the intake of large amounts of vitamins and minerals. Best of all quail eggs are combined with boiled meat,
- vegetables can also be included in the feeding regime of the Scotch and give them both raw and boiled, depending on the preferences of your pet.
What foods should be excluded from nutrition
When building a nutrition system that is based on natural products, it should be borne in mind that the Scottish kitten’s digestive tract is not adapted to the digestion and assimilation of certain types of food that are quite acceptable for an adult cat. These products are:
- salty food and food with lots of spices. It causes irritation of the esophagus and can provoke not only short-term upset stomach,
- Scottish kitten should not be given unfrozen or too hot food, since the esophagus that is not yet formed can react painfully to non-standard temperatures, all food should be at room temperature,
- in no case should you allow any meat with bone or cartilage to fall into your pet's plate, not yet formed teeth will not allow them to be bitten, and ingress into the esophagus can provoke unforeseen consequences,
- in order to make the meat not only healthy but also safe, you should not give it raw, you should definitely overfree it or boil it very well. However, it is better to feed the Scottish Fold kittens with boiled meat,
- due to the fact that pork is quite fat, it is generally forbidden to add to the diet of the Scottish kitten at any age. An excellent alternative would be veal, turkey or chicken meat,
- the regime should be clearly aligned. You can feed Scottish Fold kittens with separate meals,
- however, it is not recommended to feed from the common table, as in this case not only the meal schedule can get off, but also food that cannot be digested can get into the bowl of your baby.
By following these basic rules, you can ensure proper feeding for your little pet, ensure the growth and formation of a healthy body. Another very important rule is the addition to the main ration of food delicacies and vitamins, which must be chosen only after consulting with a veterinarian.
How often to feed
Those who first start the home of the Scottish kitten, thinks that food should always be present in his bowl. However, this position is wrong and leads to cat obesity. A serving should be calculated on the basis of the age and weight of your baby, you need to feed a cat aged from 2 to 6 months no more than 3 times a day, and after 6 months you can give food twice a day and this will be quite enough for good nutrition.
Dry and wet food in the diet
If during the purchase of the kitten the breeders have notified you that they fed him dry or wet food and you decide to stick to this food system, then you should take into account a few basic rules that are put forward to such a diet:
- It is not worth buying cheap food, it may contain artificial colors and harmful preservatives that will not bring any benefit to your pet, and the saved money will have to be given to the veterinarian,
- the presence of a small amount of carbohydrates in the feed is a guarantee of a balanced diet,
- Scottish pet food must be balanced, careful oral care is required if you feed a Scottish kitten with dry food,
- when preparing the menu yourself, it is necessary to take into account the total and daily caloric content, avoid monotonous, of the same type of diet,
- the presence of vitamins and trace elements in natural food can not always fully meet the needs of your kitten in essential nutrients,
- after consultation with a veterinarian, it is recommended to include special additives in the diet once a week.
If we talk about the amount of carbohydrates and proteins, then it is recommended to calculate them from the dosage for an adult cat, for example, it needs up to 150 grams of protein and 50 grams of carbohydrates per day.
Features digestion British
Before you decide how to feed a Scottish Fold kitten, you need to consider that up to 6 months they have a jaw formed and their teeth are changing. During this period, it is necessary to pay special attention to oral hygiene., providing enough soft food for comfortable chewing. You can be sure that the nutrition plan is built correctly if the following symptoms are not present:
- bad breath,
- saliva is excreted in the required amount
- teeth without yellow bloom and stones
- gums of even pink color
- Kitten easily swallows food.
In addition, the number of meals is important, since this breed is prone to gaining weight and obesity, so the owners of this breed should pay particular attention to the frequency and amount of food for their pet.
Also, there is such a feature of British cats, as a tendency to constipation. This must be taken into account by those owners of small kittens who have not previously encountered this breed. They should take into account that for a healthy animal, the stool is normal if it is displayed once a day.
Therefore, if your cat looks sluggish and does not show interest even to your favorite food, you should definitely contact a veterinarian who examines the condition of her digestive tract and corrects feeding in such a way as to exclude such unpleasant consequences as constipation or upset.
Features of the choice of dry food
For those who prefer to feed their pet with dry food, it is recommended to choose not only the feed of expensive brands and above-average price policy, but specifically designed for fold-out British cats. Since they need special trace elements due to the characteristics of the structure of the skeleton and cartilage tissue.
For kittens choose specialized food, which is smaller in structure, softer and easier to digest, while containing a large number of trace elements and nutrients for active growth and the formation of an adult organism.
However, if it is not possible to acquire the same brand of food, it is recommended to give preference to the similar one and add it to the diet, initially mixing it with the one to which the cat is already used. In this case, the adaptation will be less painful, the kitten will not notice a sharp change in the type of feed.
If in the future you are planning to castrate your Briton, then you need to pick up food for this type of cats, if for health reasons he needs a vegetarian diet, the veterinarian will tell you how to build a diet and what products to include in order to compensate for the lack meat and fish.