South Russian Shepherd Dog (also known as Ukrainian) looks very similar to a huge lapdog. The peculiarities of this breed are a small laziness (character trait) and long hair, which completely covers the face. Even with such a characteristic, it can be said that this dog is one of the most courageous and independent "bears", and this is not surprising, because it is intended for guard and herding service.
According to some reports, the breed appeared in the Crimea in the XVIII century. The first mentions of a dog are found in the XIX century, and in them its representatives were described as animals that are covered with thick sheep wool and have increased speed. Another quite well-known name of this breed is the Russian shepherd. During the Second World War, it happened that this breed practically ceased to exist. However, it was possible to save her. And by 1996, having received worldwide recognition, it was registered by the international canine community.
Initially, the Russian Shepherd Dog appeared in the south of Ukraine. Her puppies have a cute appearance. There are quite a number of theories about the origin of the breed. Some of them surprise with their incredibility.
Due to the nature of the character, this dog was exterminated during the two world wars. This fact is due to the fact that she was completely devoted to her master, and the conquerors greatly hindered. Russian shepherd did not stop trying to protect their home. That is why the planned total destruction of representatives. Canine breed in the XX century was restored. Thanks to the time-consuming work of specialists, the dog became widespread throughout the former Soviet Union. However, the initial appearance of the breed could not be obtained.
External characteristics of the dog
The height of the dog at the withers reaches 60 cm and higher. The black Russian shepherd dog is quite rare and is now a practically unattainable goal for dog handlers, as representatives of this color are in the past. The most common color of this dog is white and its various mixtures.
The paws of the representatives of this breed are covered with thick hair, the same with the head. The bang has a sufficient length, which is a feature of the breed. If a dog has hair on its head that does not reach at least its nose, then we can talk about the impurity of the individual. As a rule, in the winter season, the cover has increased softness and silkiness, which is not the case for the summer time. During this period, the wool coarsens and becomes the most wavy. If you compare the length of the cover of a dog and a bitch, then in the male it is much shorter.
Dog's weight reaches 35 kilograms and above.
Breed, like any other, has its drawbacks in both character and appearance. However, they have no special consequences if properly trained animal and in time to visit the vet.
The dog (Russian shepherd) is quick-witted, intelligent, it is also easy to train and inclined to make decisions. Self-sufficiency and self-confidence are also noted. It can be noted that this breed is characterized by some kind of aggression, which occurs in relation to outsiders. At the same time, she treats her masters quite kindly and with kindness. Among all the household she chooses the only person who will be constantly obeyed and fully obey him. Speaking about increased aggressiveness, it should be mentioned that the owner must have a strong character and not be too soft. Also note that the dog requires an active lifestyle.
Before reaching the age of 2, it is necessary to do a lot with a dog and persist. It is by this time that the character will be fully formed. In order to grow a healthy and balanced shepherd, you need to put a lot of effort and patience.
Russian shepherd requires the most labor-intensive care only in terms of wool. In order for the dog to see better, it is necessary to thin out the bangs with special scissors. In March-April, the dog will appear fluff, and therefore it must be fully combed comb. If you skip this process, then by the summer period the wool falls into felt, and in this case can not do without a haircut. The maximum length of hair is fully restored only after two years.
With proper care, the dog can live up to 15 years. Although the growth of the dog is quite large, he eats very little. The animal also has excellent health. The Russian Shepherd Dog can live in peace both in the house and on the street, but not in the apartment. She is also able to spend the night in the worst Russian frosts. They are not afraid of it due to thick wool.
The cost of a dog ranges from $ 250 to $ 1,000. The price depends on where the dog is acquired, for what purposes and by whom its ancestors were.
Choosing a nickname
Professional dog experts believe that the nickname is a program for the entire life of the dog. Therefore, it is necessary to treat its selection with all rigor and seriousness. Perhaps this is a coincidence, but the dog, which was named the Coward, eventually grew up like this. But Eagle though could not fly up to the sky, but deservedly won respect with its pride and courage. Nicknames for Russian shepherd dogs are chosen the same as for any other puppies. If you don’t want to think long about this issue or you don’t have enough imagination for the original nickname, you can always call your friend Rex or Mukhtar. These nicknames are considered the most common.
Breed description South Russian Shepherd Dog
Torso South Russian Shepherd Dog (YURO), covered with thick long hair with a pronounced undercoat. The wavy strands of the same length throughout the dog's body make it look like a fine-fleeced sheep. This feature gave the shepherd dog advantages.
The first EURO standard was approved in 1931. In its compilation, the “description of typical features of the South Russian Shepherd Dog” by L.P. Sabaneev. Breed standards include:
- Skull YURO is large, oblong with well palpable occipital protuberance and wide cheekbones.
- The forehead is sloping, wide and smooth, without a pronounced border of the transition to the base of the nose. However, the fronto-nasal junction is distinguished by the development of superciliary arches and cheekbones.
- Cheeks flat, without cavities under the eyes, which makes the face dry, sculptural.
- The nose mirror is wide, black, but moderate lightening of pigmentation is acceptable. The nose is covered with long hair with visible parting. The "mustache" and "beard" are clearly visible.
- Jaws are powerful with a scissor bite and a full complement of well developed teeth. The standard allows the accretion of the front incisors and a slight slope of the premolars.
- Oval expressive eyes wide set, which provides a large viewing angle. The color is dark, dark brown, the eyelids are completely pigmented with black. Eyes are completely covered with falling bangs.
- Ears high-ranking, but tightly pressed to the skull.
- The neck is strong, shortish with an inclination forward. There is no bend.
- Medium-width chest with protruding forbrust, equipped with powerful muscles.
- Back strong, with a line falling from the withers to the rump. In the area of the sacrum, the back is arched.
- Tail standard length. Its end is rolled into a half ring or a full ring. If the dog is focused, then its tail is raised to the level of the back. The tail is covered with stiff, long hair.
- The belly is moderately taut.
- Limbs straight lines arranged in parallel. Front and hind legs are relatively long. Hind limbs wide set, muscular, with pronounced angles. Metacarpus arched, with closed fingers. Legs covered with long, stiff, straight or slightly wavy hair.
- The skin is elastic, without folds and plumb.
Dogs that corresponded to the specified working qualities were allowed to breed. Therefore, YURO turned out to be light and strong, swift and strong. In the description of the sheep dog, dated 1900, the standard Yuzhak is clearly traced.
The YURO is a rather tall dog with clearly traceable sexual dimorphism - males are larger (more than 65 cm at the withers), and bitches are a bit smaller (at least 62 cm). Higher preferred growth if the proportions are observed, males are 72 cm and bitches are 67 cm. Higher specimens are found (80-90 cm), but in this case, a spectacular appearance causes a loss of working qualities.
Despite the large growth, the southern is quite light. Him weight makes 48-50 kg. Due to the abundant, long (10-20 cm) hair dog looks more massive. When looking at the "defenseless" and "melancholic" white miracle it is worth remembering that appearance can be deceptive.
This shaggy goof in the blink of an eye turns into a “breaking lightning”. Poachers who fell in love with “safaris” on the steppe antelopes of Tavria on their “skin” felt the speed and power of YURO. The dog easily caught up with the horse and galloped the horseman from the saddle.
It is wrong to assume that the color EURO is only white. The color typical for shepherd dogs is various light shades of gray (gray-ash, clarified gray, gray with a pale-yellow shade), fawn or dull-red (powdered fawn), slightly spotted. Undercoat is grayish, white, reddish. The standards for the color of the breed are not very diverse, but the range of the color of the wool of the South Russian shepherd dogs used to be much wider due to the admixture of hounds blood.
In addition to the above version of the origin of URO from the Asturian shepherd, there are several assumptions. By decree of Emperor Paul I on the establishment of fine-fleeced sheep in the Tauride steppes, Spaniards, Portuguese, Austrians, Hungarians arrived here - these were experienced shepherds invited by the Duke of Anhalt-Ketenis to manage the flocks of sheep of New Askania. They brought with them several shepherd dogs, among the breeds were:
- spanish mastiffs
- Polish Tatra Sheepdogs,
- Komondory and Moody, etc.
After the sale of the estate to F. Falz-Fein's ancestor, Russian Shepherd dogs were used to protect the numerous herds of Askania Nova. All these breeds could not but influence the color of the South Russian Shepherd Dog. In the description of the standard "shepherd" beginning of the XIX century. dark gray color is called the most desirable, but various shades of white (yellowish, grayish), and also almost black color were allowed. At the same time, the other characteristics completely followed the standards of the modern breed of the EURO.
The South Russian Shepherd Dog was bred as a guard dog, a shepherd dog, and, therefore, there could be no kindness, phlegm, humility. Several YURO independently controlled and watched from the predators a herd of 1.5 thousand heads. URO have a hunting passion, are very smart, quickly adapt to a changing situation, initiative.
The LIA criminals trained to detain act on the situation, independently deciding how best to carry out the task. In contrast to service dogs, which are accustomed to firmly “grab” a criminal for certain parts of the body, the URO performs a series of short, rapid throws that confuse the “victim” and immobilize it.
This breed is inherent in territoriality. The dog will guard and protect his territory until the last breath. The breed was on the verge of extinction during the First World War and after the revolution, as the dogs continued to selflessly protect sheep-breeding farms from destruction and looting. Old Makhno even issued a decree everywhere and mercilessly destroying the South Russian shepherds, hindering the movement of Makhnovist gangs through their territory.
The dog recognizes one owner who established contact with him. It treats strangers incredulously, reacts viciously. The dog will not bark to warn the intruder, he attacks swiftly and silently. The willfulness and desire for domination inherent in the legal aid organization make the dog unacceptable for an inexperienced owner.
In addition, EURO refers to the breeds that do not get along well with children. The dog does not make a "discount on age" and may attack a child who unintentionally hurt him or has entered his territory. Experienced breeders emphasize that with proper upbringing, the YURO is a controlled, intelligent, owner-devoted dog.
South Russian Shepherd Dog is well trained. A clever dog is capable of remembering a large number of teams, which makes it suitable not only as a guard, shepherd, but also for investigative work.
The ability to make decisions independently, respond quickly to changing conditions, and stubbornness requires a special approach to training. Hunting instincts and territoriality begin to emerge at a young age. Therefore, you need to train puppies so that the “teenager” would not show aggression towards everyone and would not impose his leadership on the inhabitants of the house.
Choleric temperament requires, first of all, the development of prohibiting teams. Start training better in the form of a game, using the characteristics of temperament and character of the dog. It is imperative to require the execution of the command, since the “adolescent” period of the YURO is going on very rapidly.
The dog begins to behave aggressively, trying to assert himself, defiantly disobedient. During this period, the owner must be firm, persistent, patient, in order to “retain” the leadership and shorten the unleashed dog. Having missed the “tipping point”, you can get a huge furry monster instead of a beautiful and intelligent dog.
Where to buy a puppy
Today there are not many kennels that breed this breed of shepherd. Mikoyanovsky meat processing plant in Moscow is engaged in departmental breeding of dog guards. In addition, nurseries in Moscow:
- “From the clan Nice”, http://www.southrussian.org/index.php/proizvoditelnitsy/253-kupava-iz-klana-najs,
- Technodog, http://tehnodog.ru/dogs.phtml?folder_id=9,
- Imperia Yuzhak, http://sobaki.pro/index.php?m=Poroda&page=Poroda/Pitomniki&id=Sout&pit=18624,
- “Wind of Tavria”, http://www.sro-vt.ru/.
In Kiev, this is the nursery «Blan de Blan» http://blan-de-blan.at.ua/.
In Ukraine, the best nurseries YURO in Simferopol, Odessa, Nikolaev. The victory of the South Russian Shepherd Dog from the nursery of the Mikoyan meat processing plant at the exhibition in Basel contributed to the growth of the popularity of the south in America and Europe. Therefore, it is easier to buy a puppy today abroad than in our country. Moreover, prices for representatives of this breed are very high.
The nature of the South Russian shepherd
The beauty of the South Russian shepherds catches the eye when they first met the breed, but further communication with the animal proves that it is next to a beautiful appearance strong character and special southern russian temperament. Breed enough self. They initially this quality is given by nature. Moreover, trained dogs could feed the flocks for several days without the presence of a person nearby.
At such moments, they had to make decisions without the help of the owner. In the work it is extremely important, and in training this behavior makes it uncontrollable. Afraid of such a daring manifestation in the character is hardly an experienced Shepherd Dog Factory worth it, because the dog is intelligent: as soon as she feels beside her strong-willed master with her admiring character, she becomes submissive. The breed of dogs South Russian Shepherd is very different wayward character. She is quite active, but in some cases there is an unusual bitterness.
The dog has a sensitive hearing. It is worth her ears to catch something, as an instantaneous reaction may be unpredictable. At such moments, she tends to show her wayward character and disobey her master.
Skill make decisions independently can be used by the dog in guarding the home. Here she will show herself as a great defender of the house and will not let anyone into the territoryuntil the owner gives the command. The more territory for the protection of the South Russian dog, the more confident it feels. No object will be left without her attention, no matter how far from it she is.
Standard breed South Russian Shepherd
- FCI Standard No. 326/16/09/1996
- Origin: Russia.
- Date of publication of this standard: 09/30/1983
- Use: Shepherd.
- FCI classification:
- Group 1. Shepherd dogs and cattle dogs, except for Swiss cattle dogs.
- Section 1. Herding dogs.
- Without workers test.
- GENERAL FORM
Strong, dry, with massive bones and strongly developed muscles.
Disadvantages: the fragility of addition, light bones, insufficiently developed muscles, rough appearance.
- SEXUAL DIMORPHISM
Well pronounced. Males are more manly, strong and massive than bitches.
- Disadvantages: bitches in cobble type.
- Vices: males in a bitch type.
- IMPORTANT PROPORTIONS
- Bone Index: males 17-19, females 16-18.
- Stretch Index (format): 108-110.
- Disadvantages: a slight deviation from the specified measurements.
- Flaws: significant deviations from the specified measurements (square or overly stretched format).
BEHAVIOR AND TEMPERAMENT
Very active, confident, balanced, lively. The predominant reaction: active-defensive.
- Disadvantages: excessive excitability, fearfulness, laziness.
- Vices: uncontrollable excitability, cowardice.
Вытянутой формы с умеренно широким лбом, затылочный бугор и скуловые дуги сильно развиты. Стоп выражен слегка. Мочка носа крупная, черная.
- Disadvantages: coarse head, excessive stop, pronounced superciliary arches, muzzle too short or too long, gray lips, gray or brown nose.
- Flaws: muzzle narrow, weak, upturned, truncated form. Pink nose.
White, large, tightly spaced. The incisors are straight and closed in the scissor bite.
Disadvantages: the teeth are small, the gaps between the teeth, yellow or not aged teeth. Broken teeth that do not interfere with the definition of bite. Lack of premolars
Evils: Any deviation from the scissor bite. Rotten teeth. The originality of incisors.
Relatively small, triangular, trailing.
Disadvantages: non-adherent ears.
Oval shape, set horizontally, dark, dry eyelids, dense.
- Disadvantage: light eyes.
- Vices: eyes of different colors, pink eyelids.
Dry, muscular, of moderate length, set high.
Disadvantages: the neck is too short, low output.
- Withers: pronounced, but not high.
- Back: straight and strong.
- Disadvantages: weak or arched back.
- Evils: slack or hunchbacked back.
- Loin: short, wide, rounded.
- Disadvantages: somewhat long, straight or excessively convex.
- Vices: long, narrow, sagging.
- Chest: quite wide, slightly flattened, deep.
- Disadvantages: insufficiently lowered chest (above the elbows).
- Vices: narrow chest, too small, barrel-shaped.
- Abdomen: moderately matched.
- Disadvantages: with undermining or sagging.
- FRONT AND BACK: oval, strong, arched, covered with long hair.
Disadvantages: flat paws, loose paws.
- REAR LIMBS
- Thigh: Broad and muscular, the femur makes a right angle with the pelvis.
- Knee: with a distinct angle.
- Hock joint: cleanly outlined, with a good angle, low. With strong bones.
- Hocks: Straight when viewed from behind.
- Feet: Oval, high pads, fingers curved and tightly closed.
GAIT AND MOVEMENT
Movement free with a long pitch. The natural gait of this dog is the calm trot and gallop. At a trot, the legs move straight with some approach to the center line. The joints of the fore and hind limbs work freely.
- Disadvantages: some lateral deviation of the legs in movement, lack of freedom in the work of the joints.
- Vices: short step related movements.
Long (10-15 cm), coarse, thick, thick, of the same length on the head, chest, legs and tail, with a well-developed undercoat
- Disadvantages: straight coat.
- Vices: short, soft coat.
The most common is white, but it is white with yellow, straw, ashen and other shades of gray, white with gray spots, with gray specks.
- Vices: black, reed or brown color, abundant specks.
- FRONT AND BACK: oval, strong, arched, covered with long hair.
HEIGHT IN THE HALL
Males: minimum 65 cm, females: minimum 62 cm.
- Disadvantages: height less than 65 cm for males, less than 62 cm for females.
- Flaws: height less than 60 cm for males, less than 58 cm for females.
Any deviation from the points described above should be assessed as flawed and punished in proportion to the degree of deviation.
- Any deviations from scissor bite.
- Short or straight coat.
- Any colors not covered by the standard.
Care for the South Russian Shepherd Dogs and keeping dogs
Having taken the South Russian Shepherd Dog to the house, they will immediately have to face constant care of their fur. As soon as the puppy grows up a little, it starts shedding.
The first molt occurs at about eight months of age.
- Until this age, young animals should be trained to combing, otherwise the puppies will not sit peacefully while the process of removing the drop-down undercoat.
- The dead old wool must be completely combed out, otherwise ugly tufts will become noticeable, spoiling the appearance of the animal.
- The resulting tangles will have to be cut off.
- Periodically it is recommended to carefully cut through the bangs with special scissors so that the dog can see better.
- In March, combing down should be a special scallop. Otherwise, closer to the summer, the wool rolls and the animal will have to be completely trimmed. After an emergency haircut, the wool will fully grow only after two years. This means that there is no talk of exhibitions at first.
One can imagine how this luxurious dog will look like with such care, which is used to feeling like a beauty. To cope with such naughty wool is not easy at first or in preparing the breed for the exhibition. There is nothing better than professional grooming of the South Russian Shepherd Dog.
Proper care for the South Russian Shepherd Dog also means by itself:
- The washing up. Wash your pet should be about three times a year. In the summer, the procedure can be repeated more often.
- Cleaning the ears and claw clipping. If necessary, the ears are also thinned with special scissors. So, the dirt will not accumulate, and the dog itself will feel much more comfortable.
It is on how to care for the South Russian Shepherd Dog that the health of the animal subsequently depends. If the breeders ignore all the above recommendations, the animal looks neglected, health problems appear, and the entrance to the exhibition remains closed.
Education and training of the South Russian Shepherd Dog
The South Russian Shepherd Dog is a specific breed that is characterized by territorial aggression and waywardness. Such a serious pet is absolutely not suitable for inexperienced owners and people who did not deal with service dogs. Character of the South Russian Shepherd Dog "Molded" to the age of three.
From a very young age, puppies of the South Russian Shepherd Dog show dominance. The owner must in time to stop the incorrect behavior of the dog, not suppressing its instinctive skills. Finding a balance in a four-legged relationship is really difficult. Ideally, the South Russian Shepherd should admire the owner, but she will never “look in her mouth”.
The South Russian Shepherd Dogs are very distrustful of strangers. For example, a friendly pat of the owner on the shoulder may be regarded incorrectly. Even if your guest regularly sees the dog, you need to be extremely careful not to provoke the pet to protection.
Walking required in the daily care of the South Russian shepherd. This breed without movement turns into a passive animal with tired eyes. Lack of motor activity leads to the development of diseases and shortens the life of the pet.
Teach your dog to walk a couple of times a day. But at the same time make a walk long and active, include agility in them. If you want to keep a pet about it, it is best to use a harness for dogs.
Vaccinations of South Russian Shepherd Dogs
Vaccination is carried out from the following diseases:
- plague of carnivores or distemper,
- parvovirus enteritis - the pathogen parvovirus,
- infectious hepatitis - hepadnavirus pathogen,
When to do the first vaccination puppy?
- In 2 months, the first vaccination. After the injection of the puppy can not be washed, overfeeding and display on the street. Immunity after the first vaccine is developed within 12 days, this period becomes the most dangerous for the baby. A person needs a lot of effort to alleviate the puppy's condition. After the first vaccination, the pups have a high body temperature, general weakness and diarrhea.
- After 3 weeks, a second vaccination is given to the puppy, but with the same vaccine. As a rule, after the second vaccination, the dog feels much better, but within 12 days it should be protected from other animals, from drafts and not walked out. After this time, walks are allowed.
- At 6 months of age, a puppy is vaccinated against rabies and a comprehensive vaccine against several diseases. It is forbidden to vaccinate if the dog's teeth change. You need to wait for the time until all the teeth are replaced, and then vaccinate the baby.
- At one-year-old age, the dog is given a comprehensive vaccine.
- Then, once a year, the dog should be vaccinated with the same comprehensive vaccine.
How to vaccinate a puppy?
Before vaccination, he should examine the dog, measure its body temperature, and only if everything is normal, conduct an injection. Vaccination is put either in the neck or in the thigh of the dog. The entire composition of the affixed vaccinations by a veterinarian must enroll in a dog's passport. It also indicates the date of vaccination, then the owner himself will know the expected date of the next vaccination.
Diseases of the South Russian Shepherd Dog, symptoms and treatment
In old age, the South Russian Shepherd Dogs often suffer from arthritis, elbow dysplasia and hip joints.
Representatives of the breed are bred to work in all weather conditions, so purebred dogs rarely catch cold. Naturally strong immunity is not able to protect against viruses, which obliges the owner to conduct timely vaccination.
Due to the strict selection of breeding individuals, in recent years, cases of cataracts and prolapse of the gland of the third century are much less common. The problem is hereditary and manifests itself in adulthood. That is, the dog's tendency to ophthalmological problems can only be determined by analyzing the health of the puppy's parents.
A separate problem of the South Russian shepherd dogs is blood-sucking parasites and the consequences of the neighborhood with them. In the thick coat of a dog it is difficult to detect ticks that carry piroplasmosis and other dangerous diseases. Fleas become visible only due to severe itching, when the dog's skin is already badly injured. Many South Russian Shepherd Dogs are allergic to flea saliva, resulting in severe dermatitis and eczema. To treat skin diseases in such fluffy dogs is very difficult and troublesome.
In order to avoid problems, the dog is treated with parasites every 3-4 months (depending on the duration of the drug). When walking in tall grass, you should use overalls with folds that prevent the advancement of ticks. Even if the dog is treated, it is sprayed with a repellent contact spray before the walk.
Worm prophylaxis in the South Russian Shepherd Dog is carried out every 3 months regardless of place and type of residence.
Techka have southern Russian shepherd
What should the owner of a bitch know?
- The age of the beginning of the first heat at a bitch is 12-14 months.
- the duration of estrus - 20-22 days., sometimes up to a month,
- estrus frequency - 1-2 times a year with an interval of 6-9 months,
- signs of estrus - swelling of the external genital organs of the dog, bleeding,
- frequent urination - have to walk more often than usual
- psychological signs - changes in the dog's behavior - from aggressive to sluggish,
- perhaps a change in appetite and the dog drinks more water,
- often bitches before heat start to shed,
- intensely lick a noose.
How to notice the onset of estrus?
Approximation estrus can be seen during a walk with the dog. Behavior can change, often the dog becomes active, playful and disobedient, or vice versa looks unhappy and lethargic. A bitch makes frequent marks - odor "bait" for dogs, urination is more frequent. The loop is becoming more and more swollen, with pressure you can see the discharge of light pink or unclear pink. If you notice a change in the behavior of the dog, do not be lazy and check the dog daily for the arrival of estrus, kicking with a napkin or toilet paper loop at the bitch. Pinkish discharge and will be the beginning of estrus - mark this day in the notebook of the dog.
The flow of the first estrus in the dog.
- The first estrus in dogs is not the same as the following.
- It may be shorter or longer than the usual period of leakage.
- A bitch has either only weak manifestations of heat, or, conversely, very heavy discharge.
- The first estrus can suddenly be interrupted, and then after some time it can begin again.
- There may be mucous discharge from the loop, the smell that attracts males, and estrus itself will begin after some time.
- Try not to miss the start time of the first, and subsequently the second estrus, in order to correctly determine the intervals between estrus, know their dates and duration.
Precautions during heat.
If you are not interested in receiving puppies from a dog, you should take precautions during estrus:
- walk the dog ONLY on a leash: even the most obedient individual these days can just run away, not paying attention to the commands,
- do not allow the dog to enter the dog males: in the case of sexual intercourse, dragging them away is almost impossible,
- on a walk in the literal sense of the word DO NOT DRAW EYES from a dog, even buying bread in a tent, exclude or minimize contact with dogs,
- there is a danger of chilling the dog during the cold season, the best way to protect oneself is not to walk very long in cold weather and use dog clothes,
- if your dog lives in free mode in your territory, then since the start of estrus, close the dog in the aviary.
Knitting of South Russian shepherds
It is best to knit a bitch for 2 years, as well as dogs. Before two years, males can not be knit in any case. Early sex life does not add health to any dog or offspring.
- Before viscous animals need to walk well, but feed should not be. It is better to acquaint dogs in neutral territory, so that they can meet and run, and then lead to the territory of a dog.
- Mating is always necessary only in the male dog. Actually, the act of love can occur during dating, so do not interfere with the process.
So, you're on the territory of a dog. Most likely, no intervention will be required, and the bitch, playing enough with the male dog, will allow the cadre to be made to the persistent suitor.
After ejaculation there is a pinching. Male can be on a bitch or stand back to her. The animals will figure it out. However, if a lady tries to break free or lie down - do not let her hold her a little. Also try not to scare dogs.
It happens that after mating, the gluing does not occur and the dog instantly loses interest in the female.
Pregnancy of South Russian shepherds and childbirth
From the first mating day to birth immediately passes from 56 to 72 days. It is advisable to mark the day of mating, to know how long the pregnancy is in dogs. Too early and too late childbirth most often leads to the death of the litter, therefore in both of the above cases it is necessary to seek help from a qualified veterinarian. The gestation period in dogs may be reduced due to the small number of offspring.
The number of litter increases when the dog reaches 3–4 years of age, then decreases again. The duration of pregnancy in dogs is not too long; it is not so easy to determine that the dog is pregnant.
Obvious signs of pregnancy in dogs appear at rather late stages. Neither the probing nor the appearance of the cat at an early stage of pregnancy will tell the owner whether the tied bitch is waiting for offspring or not. The first signs relate not so much to the appearance as to the mental state, therefore, to the behavior of the pregnant bitch. The dog usually becomes calmer, often shows affection and requires affection from others. Sometimes an animal may not even seem quite healthy.
If the pregnancy is proceeding normally, a specialist can establish a pregnancy by probing for the third week. At the end of the month, the dog's abdomen increases markedly, on the fifth week the mammary glands swell and lighten. Shortly before giving birth, the bitch’s belly drops. A characteristic sign of approaching labor is a copious discharge from the loop, yellowish or greenish.
Prepare also a “delivery kit”so that everything you need at your fingertips should include:
- old blanket covers or large disposable diapers (60 * 90) on which the bitch will whelp (disposable diapers are preferable - washing is less and purity is more),
- a lot of small soft cloths ironed with a hot iron and worn from old bedding (wiping puppies),
- sterile gauze napkins (usually without need, the puppy’s mouth is dried with a piece of cloth, into which, in fact, the puppy is taken),
- pen, notebook, scales, and thick woolen threads or ribbons (it is better to use floss, because the bitch knits and removes woolen threads),
- bowl for afterbirth,
- a box or bowl for puppies with a heating pad (wrap in a diaper) - this is in case the bitch behaves in labor restlessly and there is a risk of losing the pups ... the best option is a bitch giving birth with puppies at the nipples
- sterile scissors and medical clamp (it is not necessary to boil; at the beginning of labor, place in a jar with any alcohol),
- milk chocolate bar
- antiseptic, better spray (Aluminum, Ksidikol, Septoneks) for processing the umbilical cord.
And Kit for resuscitation puppies:
- Cordiamin to stimulate cardiac activity (newborn droplet on the tongue),
- oxygen bottle (give a weak puppy a breath), it costs about 400 rubles in pharmacies,
- small rubber heater
- a small enema for sucking mucus from the mouth of a very weak puppy.
It will also take hours to mark the birth time of the puppies and a notebook for recording the details of the whelping (they will be useful in the future), in a prominent place is the phone number of your veterinarian. It is also great to have scales for weighing newborn puppies. The puppy's weight at birth, among other details, should also be written in a notebook.
Bitches usually whelp between 58 and 63 in the afternoon.Large litters are born earlier, and small litters a little later.
Before whelping, it is good to give the bitch a not very strong laxative so that she clears the intestines.
Bobtail is an amazing dog, which combines an excellent guard, a magnificent caretaker, a tender family friend, nurse, wise guide and many other positive roles.
Bobtail is a large, hardy dog, a shepherd in the past. She was perfect for this job: bright, shaggy, odorless, she didn’t scare the sheep with her appearance. But for wolves the bobtail was a formidable rival. At first glance, not too large, he fought with gray predators and emerged victorious. At the same time, it should be noted that this was exclusively a duty of service, this dog does not like to fight. Today, they are practically not used on pastures, but they have kept herding instinct. If there is no one to feed, they take under their care family members or small children. With such a fluffy nanny, the baby is not afraid to leave in the yard, she will save him from danger and bring him home.
Clothing for South Russian Shepherd Dogs
When walking in the tall grass Need to use a pleated jumpsuitthat impede the advancement of ticks.
Buy clothes for the South Russian Shepherd Dog is now not difficult. Many shops selling clothes for animals have in their assortment stylish and beautiful things for dogs of any breed.
Dog Nicknames: Names for South Russian Sheepdogs
Most people prefer to choose a short sonorous name for their dog.
You will have to pronounce the dog's name many times a day, and if it is too long, it will be tedious.
When choosing how to call the South Russian Shepherd can be guided by two methods.
- The first and easiest: open a list of the most appropriate names for this breed and choose the one you like best.
- Second: pick up an unusual name from other sources, for example, from mythology or literature, to name a dog in honor of your favorite celebrity or invent your own exclusive name.
Owner reviews about the South Russian Shepherd
South Russian Shepherd Dog - a rather serious dog with a very cute look. I have two individuals of this breed, a girl and a boy! What can I say, from personal experience, pretty no problem grooming (sufficiently once every two months to comb), perfectly trained, not much eaten, unobtrusive and independent. The ideal dog for the house (cottage), the apartment will be difficult to maintain such a dogFirst, the size (boy I have 74 cm, and the girl 68 cm), secondly, the dog itself will be uncomfortable (if you still have a warm floor for the winter season ...) With her have a lot of walking. We must not forget that in the blood of their BORZYE! Need space. To walk for at least 3 hours and constantly along different routes (if you walk along the same route, then for the third walk this is HIS territory!). Basically, they are lying around the area, but if something (sound, smell) is disturbed - these peaceful sleeping dogs are already in flight ... just a split second! The reaction to the "irritant" lightning! To the children are very friendly. Cats must be taught from childhood. Mandatory “social development” will not affect the protective qualities in any way, but in the future, avoid trouble. We went to the flock. Included in the work immediately. The girl first barked at everyone, and then began to graze, and the boy first marked the territory and immediately went to work. (although they saw the flock for the first time) I recommend only those who know the breed and its features to people. There is also a lot of literature. If you still decide to take this cute dog, first study what you take and why you take it! (I would not only say this for this breed ...) We must weigh all the "FOR" and "AGAINST" before purchasing the South Russian Shepherd Dog. In general, I am more than pleased with the breed! All my points (when choosing a breed) are positively marked.
I have two South Russian Shepherd Dogs. They are all different, different in character, with "fate." We live together with them in a spacious apartment, so there is a place where you can sleep and lie. Dogs just don't start running around the houseas other "cholera" breeds do, that is, there is not much need for them. In the summer at the dacha, they don’t like to live like in an apartment, while one of the dogs lived in a booth for half his life. Dogs are able to think, understand, sometimes there is a feeling that they “read minds”. Easy to learn, eat little, very effective. Dignity, the fastest of the sheep dogs in my opinion. Fearless, easy, "grand". It attracts all the attention of others. Eats littleas for your height. At the expense of weight, so thanks to the wool the dog seems big and frightening, but in fact even a child can handle it, since the weight of this breed is not higher than 55 kilograms. On average, a dog weighs between 30-45. And passersby who do not know this breed, believe that her weight exceeds 70 kilograms. Care. Brushing is required twice a year. (autumn and spring). The disadvantages of this breed, hard transfers change of ownership. For dogs that have changed many owners, you need an approach with love. Most consider it a disadvantage, the ability to think, and not just follow the master's orders, that is, if the dog decides that the master is really wrong, he will not carry out his order, for example, why jump over the barrier if he can get around it. This breed of dogs very clever personality and have to reckon with this person.
Dignity, the fastest of the sheep dogs in my opinion. Fearless, easy, "grand". It attracts all the attention of others. Eats littleas for your height. At the expense of weight, so thanks to the wool the dog seems big and frightening, but in fact even a child can handle it, since the weight of this breed is not higher than 55 kilograms. On average, a dog weighs between 30-45. And passersby who do not know this breed, believe that her weight exceeds 70 kilograms. Care. Brushing is required twice a year. (autumn and spring).
The disadvantages of this breed, hard transfers change of ownership. For dogs that have changed many owners, you need an approach with love. Most consider it a disadvantage, the ability to think, and not just follow the master's orders, that is, if the dog decides that the master is really wrong, he will not carry out his order, for example, why jump over the barrier if he can get around it. This breed of dogs very clever personality and have to reckon with this person.
Choosing a puppy breed South Russian Shepherd
- If you want to participate in exhibitions in the future, it’s not worth buying small fluffies on an ad - defective puppies can get caught.
- You can come to the kennel of the South Russian shepherds even before puppies are born, in order to choose the mother of the future pet. As a rule, in such places there are breeding males and females with a beautiful exterior and standard parameters, such as body length, the ratio of head volume and overall size.
- An inexperienced eye to consider in a puppy, completely covered with wool, some flaws is almost impossible. Therefore, look at the parents, their documents and pedigree.
- An honest breeder will give you a vaccination card and a certificate that can be exchanged for pedigree when the puppy is one year old.
- Taking the baby home, find out what he is and at what time. What is his character - even 3-month-old puppies are already trying to show who is in charge of the pack.
- Melancholic or phlegmatic individuals should alert you - this behavior is not peculiar to yuzhak.
The cost of the South Russian Shepherd Dog - the price of puppies
The cost of a puppy is in the range of 12 - 60 thousand rubles. It all depends on what parents have a puppy and where you buy a dog.
It is clear that if you buy a puppy from the hands, the price will be lower than the one that will be requested from you in the kennel. Although in the kennel you can count on the fact that you are buying a really thoroughbred dog.
Who can start a South Russian Shepherd:
- people are patient
- people with strong character
- strong people.
- Who can not get a South Russian shepherd:
- weak character
- small children
If there are elderly people and children in the family, the yugak should immediately be made to understand that they occupy a higher place in the family, that is, in the pack, than he.
Historical background of the breed's origin
There is no reliable information about how the breed of the South Russian Shepherd was bred. According to the generally accepted theory, the first representative of the breed appeared in the territory located between Russia and Ukraine, 300 years ago. The original purpose of the breed was guard-guard. The South Russian Shepherd Dog was an unsurpassed shepherd and guardian of a flock of sheep, successfully coping with wolves and other animals.
The specific ancestors of the South Russian Shepherd Dog could not be reliably established. There are versions that the breed has ancestors among the Crimean sheep-dogs and greyhounds. Although, judging by appearance, it is difficult to believe in such a relationship.
According to another version of the Russian steppes, the ancestors of the breed were white shaggy dogs, introduced in the 18th century to the Crimea peninsula by the Germans and the Dutch. The strangers brought herds of fine-fleeced sheep to Russia, with which there were always fettered wire-haired dogs in the form of guards.
The clarification of the breed's history did not bypass the version of the participation in the appearance of dogs in Russia by the duke of Antgale Friedrich-Ferdinand, who received land in the Tauride province and imported sheep there with shepherd dogs.
In order to improve the working qualities of the "sheep" dogs, they were knitted with greyhounds, molossoids and a Crimean sheep-dog. The result of this work on the breeding of a new breed was white handsome. strong and responsible, capable of carrying guard and guard duty.
In 1893, the breed described by the canine Sabaneev received the name South Russian Shepherd Dog. In 1914, the breed took part in a dog exhibition in Paris. In 1931, the standard of the South Russian Shepherd Dog was officially approved. During World War II, the breed was on the verge of extinction, but then the population was restored. Official registration with FCI describing international standards took place in 1996. Ukraine was recognized as the birthplace of the South Russian Shepherd Dog breed.
The official standard of the breed is the South Russian Shepherd Dog, which was approved in 1931.
Appearance, breed standard, photos
The description of the South Russian Shepherd Dog is logical to start with wool, because it is the hallmark of the breed. Dense, wavy, long, with a thick undercoat, white or with an admixture of light shades of pastel tones - the first thing that catches the eye when looking at this dog. Wool evenly covers the entire body of the dog, is its protection from the teeth of predators.
Wool colors are as follows:
- White with yellow or gray tint.
- White with gray or pale yellow spots.
- Pale yellow.
The length of the coat is about 10 centimeters. In appearance, the dog resembles a sheep.
South Russian Shepherd Dog has a majestic and mysterious appearance. She has a confident, calm gait, light, springy. The dog is massive, the average weight of individuals is 40-50 kilograms. The breed has large bones and developed muscles.
- Head elongated, slightly pointed at the end of the shortened muzzle. The skull is flat in the forehead area.
- Nose large, black.
- Ears medium sized, triangular, high set, hanging.
- Eyes oval, small, dark, planted widely.
- Bite scissor. The teeth are large, arranged in one line.
- Neck long, dry, muscular. Set at an angle of 45 degrees to the body.
- Housing elongated. The back is wide, strong. Thorax oval, moderately wide, with a lower line at the level of the elbows. The croup is wide, with a slight slope.
- Tail long, located low. The tip of the tail is often twisted ring.
- Limbs dry, muscular, straight, set parallel to each other. Paws are large, oval.
- Weight South Russian Shepherd Dog - 35-50 kilograms, height at withers - more than 65 cm in males, more than 62 cm in females.
The disadvantages of the breed are:
- Too long or short limbs.
- Rough, heavy head.
- A sharp transition from the muzzle to the forehead.
- Prickly ears.
- Small or flat chest.
- Small, rare teeth.
- Growth below the standard.
- Narrow back, narrow loin.
- Ring twisted tail.
- Weak joints and ligaments.
- Movement while running sideways.
Disqualifying faults for exhibition copies:
- Square body
- Small, falling into the cords of wool.
- Color not compliant with standards.
- Dark mask on the face.
- Light eyes.
The beauty of the appearance of the South Russian Shepherd is combined with a strong character and special temperament. The dog is independent, able to make surprisingly reasonable decisions. Such cleverness is combined with very capricious behavior..
South Russian Shepherd Dog furiously guards its territory from strangers.
The dog sometimes shows some bitterness and aggressiveness. But if he feels a number of strong-willed and demanding master, becomes submissive. Therefore, to acquire a South Russian shepherd advise an experienced owner.
Willfulness as a characteristic of the breed is especially evident at times when the sensitive hearing of a dog catches danger. At such moments, the shepherd can suddenly become uncontrollable, disobey the owner and not obey his commands. The guard's instinct triggers, and the dog takes up his official duties - to protect the territory. A creature with a deceptively meek look from under a long bang suddenly turns into a “breaking lightning”.
The meaning of the life of the South Russian Shepherd Dog is to protect its own territory and members of its family. This dog will prove its necessity to the owner, regardless of his desire. therefore it is preferable to keep this breed in country houses with a large territory, where the pet will be protected and its active nature will be fully realized.
The active and defensive reaction of the South Russian Shepherd Dog is a distinctive feature of this breed. Yuzhak occupies a leading place in the number of bites of strangers who find themselves in its territory. But this is rather not an indicator of the aggressiveness of the breed, but evidence of the criminal illiteracy of the host. Individuals that are up to 1.5 years old are becoming aggressive.
South Russian Shepherd Dog - one owner dog. She will treat the other members of the family loyally and even respectfully, if the main owner demands it from her, therefore this moment should be taken into account in the upbringing. Changing the owner of the dog after a year is not worth it, the experiences will necessarily reflect on her character and behavior.
To other pets living with the South Russian Shepherd Dog in the same house, these dogs are loyal.
For other animals living in the house and having the same owner, the Yuzhaki are loyal. With strangers do not hurry to get along. Shepherd does not tolerate other dogs, especially if they are weaker than her physically. Shepherd can not tolerate strangers, even if they do not touch it.
Maintenance and care
An ideal place to keep the South Russian Shepherd Dog is a country house with a plot and a special aviary. The dog feels great on the street, even in fairly cold weather. To sleep and shelter from rain in the aviary you need to put a spacious booth. To keep such a dog in a city apartment is problematic because of the need for long and active walking and excessive hair loss.
The main problem faced by the owner of a white sheep dog - the need for careful grooming. This is especially true during periods of molting, which begin in a dog from 8 months. Before this age, the pet must be taught to combing. If this is not done, then the dog will not allow combing itself, and its appearance will be extremely untidy.
Dogs who do not attend the exhibition, you can trim the wool with a typewriter.
During combing, dead hair is carefully removed, mats are clipped. To better see the dog, bangs are constantly thinned with thinning scissors. In early spring, when an active undercoat release begins, it is removed with a special puholer. Without such a procedure, the fluff rolls, and the dog will have to cut short.
After such a haircut, the dog will acquire its previous appearance only after two years, which means that the way to the exhibition will be closed. Pooh, combed from a shepherd, is perfect for making knitted things, it is very warm.
Hair care also involves regular washing with a special shampoo. They wash the dog 3-4 times a year, in the summer more often. Washing is carried out solely to preserve the appearance of wool, the smell of dog from yuzhakov never happens. When wet wool smells like sheep.
Grooming the South Russian Shepherd is not recommended. if the wool grows too long, it is milled, but not trimmed. During the molting periods, a special furminator can be used for combing. But to work with him you need to have some skills so as not to damage the pet's skin.
IMPORTANT. Show dogs need regular professional grooming, as it is quite difficult to give a look to the South Russian Shepherd Dog on its own.
The dog needs regular ear brushing, claw cutting. Wool is thinned in the ears so that dirt and sulfur will not accumulate in it.
What to feed the South Russian Shepherd
Despite the large size, the stomach of a shepherd is not adapted to receive a large amount of food, so its diet should be as nutritious as possible and containing all the substances necessary for the body.
An adult South Russian shepherd per day needs 250 grams. squirrel, 60 gr. fat, 450 gr. carbohydrate, 40 gr. fiber. The daily rate of food is divided into two feedings.
The following daily set of products can provide this amount of nutrients:
- Beef and offal - 600-800 grams.
- Dairy products - 200 grams.
- Rice porridge or buckwheat in water - 200 grams.
- Vegetables - 150 grams.
- Fish - 200-300 grams 3-4 times a month.
You can not give the dog sweets, milk, fatty foods, spicy foods, smoked meat, tubular bones of poultry, fresh bread.
The South Russian Shepherd Dog can be fed with both natural food and high-quality dry food for large dogs.
Alternatively, you can use dry food feeding. You need to choose a proven premium grade feed with high protein content and reduced amount of carbohydrates. A large selection of products for dogs of all ages with different tastes is represented by the brands Natyka, Organiks, Chicopee.
Choosing a puppy: what to look for
It is necessary to choose a puppy before birth, having met the future pet's mom and dad.It is quite difficult for an inexperienced buyer to look at some pedigree standards under the thick coat of a baby, so it’s better to consult a dog handler for a choice.
The selected puppy should not be melancholic, thoughtful, such behavior is not permissible for the breed and speaks of a tribal marriage. It is recommended to take the puppy from the mother at three months of age. Already at this age, the small Yuzhak should show their leadership qualities, demonstrate a desire to become the leader of the pack.
Purebred puppies can be purchased at city nurseries:
- Moscow is priced from $ 250 (http://www.tehnodog.ru/, http://rusvelikan.ru/).
- St. Petersburg - priced from $ 200 (http://www.alisa63.narod.ru/).
The Old Russian Shepherd Dog has been known for several centuries. Her distant ancestor, the Asturian Shepherd, was brought back from Spain to the Crimea in the 17th century, where it gradually mixed with local herding dogs. A great work on breeding was done by sheep breeders who bred dogs in the likeness of modern nurseries, selecting the largest and strongest for guarding sheep. This is how the breed of the Russian shepherd dog stood out, which was noted at exhibitions of the early 20th century.
After the revolution and civil war, the breed was threatened with extinction. With great difficulty, she was able to recover, thanks to the dogs that remained in remote areas with the shepherds. In the 1930s, the name of the South Russian Shepherd Dog was officially approved, the first breed standard was also compiled. During World War II, the Russian shepherd almost disappeared again - at the end of the 1940s, there were only a few dozen representatives of the breed throughout the country.
The South Russian Shepherd Dogs were originally bred to protect herds of sheep.
It was very difficult to revive the South Russian Shepherd. Experts had to cross the surviving dogs with other breeds that are close to the exterior. But it has not been possible to fully restore the breed so far. In modern conditions, professionals and amateurs are engaged in breeding and improving the South Russian Shepherd Dog.
The South Russian Shepherd Dog considers its main duty to protect the territory that the owner has entrusted to it. Modern members of the breed are excellent guards. These dogs have a sharp ear, sensitive sense of smell, feel confident even on a large guard area. Russian shepherd dogs are often turned up as watchmen for permanent maintenance in suburban areas.
South Russian Shepherd Dog is great for the protection of a country house
The lack of an animal can only be considered increased aggression, which at times turns into bitterness. This dog will perfectly protect the yard from robbers, but it can also cause harm to neighbors or children who inadvertently entered the territory.
Content in the family
Despite the cautious and independent nature, the Russian Shepherd is quite sociable, happy to communicate with pets.
Subjecting to the will of the owner, the dog never hurts a family member, but his attitude towards other people is indulgent, without respect. Likewise, the dog belongs to other pets, considering himself the leader in the pack. If her right to the hierarchy is challenged, other animals can be seriously harmed.
IMPORTANT: If there are small children in the family, the dog will not touch them, but will not be patient with their games. The dog may inadvertently push the baby or snarl at his intrusive attempts to stroke. It is also dangerous to give a puppy a shepherd dog to a small child or teenager - he will not be able to properly educate and control the dog, so it will quickly become uncontrollable.
South Russian Shepherd Dog must be educated in severity, otherwise you can get a dangerous and uncontrollable Sheepdog
The breed was bred for outdoor life at any time of the year. To this end, for breeding, the strongest and strongest individuals, reliably protected by warm hair, were selected over the years. For this reason, the modern South Russian Shepherd is distinguished by good genetics and excellent health.
Representatives of the breed live up to 15-17 years - a long time for a large breed of dogs. Due to the strong immunity, the animals almost do not get sick, and thick wool protects them from overcooling during the winter months. Abundant undercoat also helps to avoid infection with fleas and lashes - insects simply can not get to the skin.
IMPORTANT: Health problems can start from lack of movement. A shepherd dog needs a serious load, long walks, exercises. Otherwise, there is a danger of developing diseases of the cardiovascular system and the skeleton.
Small South Russian Shepherd Dogs are fluffy and clumsy, with shining eyes. Due to the special relationship with the owner, puppies are transferred to the new owners early enough. It is better not to take a puppy that is already four months old - its independent nature has already begun to manifest itself, so it will be more difficult to establish the correct hierarchy.
After 4 months, the puppy of the South Russian Shepherd develops an independent character, which significantly complicates its upbringing.
When choosing a puppy you need to pay attention to his behavior. He must be active, inquisitive, you can often see attempts to fight, to dominate his fellows. It is not necessary to take a puppy of this breed, if he demonstrates sluggish, phlegmatic behavior. Be sure to learn about the characteristics of the temperament of the cub from the breeder - this will help during the training.
When keeping a South Russian Shepherd, you will have to pay great attention to the care of its long hair. The dog must be brushed daily first with a coarse brush, then a comb with metal teeth, otherwise the soft undercoat will pile into mats. Especially careful care will be required during the molting, when the wool comes off in large shreds. Wash the whole dog is very difficult, it is not recommended to do it more than several times a year.
Both ready-made dry and wet food, and natural food are suitable for feeding the dog. Despite the large size of the South Russian shepherd requires relatively little food, overfeeding can lead to diseases. To natural nutrition was correct, it is recommended to make a diet at the vet.
IMPORTANT: Finished feed is better to choose from premium brands, then you can be sure of the pet's health. Complete feeds are adjusted in composition and calories, balanced in the content of vitamins and minerals, therefore, in addition to them, natural food cannot be given.
Depending on the pedigree, the price for a puppy of the South Russian Shepherd Dog is from 250 to 1000 dollars. If you buy not through the kennel, you can buy a dog directly from the breeder, which is relatively inexpensive. But in this case, you need to carefully study the reputation of the seller to avoid the risk of getting a puppy with defects or diseases. Animals for exhibitions are purchased only through large nurseries, where all documents are provided.
The breed standard allows for white wool with a yellowish sheen.
We have changed a lot of dogs in the area, the sluzhk is the best guard. Very dedicated, but really aggressive towards strangers. There were several cases when people ignored the warning about a dog and got bites. Although for the most part our dog just growled at the one who had come into the yard. Choose Yuzhak only if you are sure that you can properly educate him.
An unusual, beautiful dog, with great zeal protects the territory, is obedient and patient with pets. Caring is not difficult, except for combing wool, not so much eating. But it must be kept in strictness, stubborn nature.
Valentina: The dog lived at our home for 14 years, then moved him to the country. He loved and defended everyone in the family, did not trust strangers, obeyed only his father. Very beautiful breed with long hair, which flutters during the run, bangs closes his eyes. The character is complicated, but if properly raised from childhood, the dog will be obedient.