Most owners spend a lot of time thinking about the names of their new or planned puppies. The names of our dogs talk about how we look at them, our connection and relations with them. In addition, the names of pets can also tell a lot about ourselves, about our behavior, ideas, thoughts, and even a sense of humor. In this regard, it is important to choose the right name so that it describes the dog and its personality as a whole. However, a beautiful name often comes to mind. To do this, we have collected the popular nicknames and names for the German shepherd boys, and we hope that he will help you choose the only right, perfect option!
Archie, Arnie, Amur, Azar, Alt, Angus, Altai, Agat, Alan, Artos, Antey, Ares, Anchar, Apollon, Ahiles, Akamaru, Akello, Amigo, Armen, Ajax, Aaron, Axel, Augur, Amethyst, Adamant, Areon, Aleas, Adjar, Almaz, Athos, Ares, Allegro, Atas, Avatar, Azimuth, Adji, Armani, Amadeo, Aslan, Alfred, Albus.
Buddy, Bim, Beck, Byron, Beam, Barry, Blade, Bonya, Butch, Bonnie, Burton, Barney, Bucks, Black, Borman, Blade, Bernard, Babur, Benya, Bucephalus, Bike, Brut, Bugs, Buyan, Buster, Bingo, Barchi, Balkan, Beckham, Boss, Baden, Bart, Butler, Buckler, Best, Bobby, Bruno, Butch, Balamut, Bastian, Bajo, Burke, Benedict, Basta.
Wolff, Wick, Walley, Wicci, Roller, Heather, Winnie, Viking, Watson, Wolf, Volan, Roller, Voyevoda, Vandam, Valium, Walter, Velez, Winston, Valday, Vest, Vityaz, Vito, Walt, Vincent, William, Weiss, Volcano, Volt, Bill, East, Vinci, Veron, Vasco, Viscount.
Thunder, Graf, Gray, Hector, Grice, Hans, Herzog, Gram, Hephaestus, Hex, Hyde, Grath, Gehry, Gold, Gujun, Hamlet, Ginter, Garfield, Gaspard, Helios, Garret, Goliath, Heracles, Gross, Grozny, Halifat, Homer, Hermes, Goodwin, Garant, Henry, Gall, Gore, Gambit, Harold, Gimli, Greg, Harry.
Dick, Dan, Dark, Dundee, Joni, Dave, Jack, Dimon, Jacks, Diesel, Davlat, Dazel, Joker, Dingo, Dandy, Jago, Juice, Deni, Junko, De Vito, Dan, Dobi, Day, James, Dobi , Diego, Davis, Dolph, Dexter, Danai, Dustin, Dickens.
Ermak, Yesaul, Yermolai, Eshka, Euphrates, Ever, Yendey, Egypt, Eroshka, Efrem, Eremey, Yenisei, Eger, Yerkhan, Yemelyan.
Jean, Zheka, Jasper, Zhivago, Jean-Paul, Joseph, Zuchi, Jacques, Zhivchik, Gendarme.
Zeus, Zigmund, Siegfried, the Architect, Zoidberg, Zori, Zadar, Sunset, Zag, Zufar, Zoltan, Zidane, Zyuzik.
Emerald, Icarus, Inc., Inter, Impulse, Indigo, Iron, Illidan, Invar, Imperial, Eastwood, Irtysh, Ymir, Hindu, Ilmir, Ignat, Ingar, Iskander.
Casper, Cosmos, Chris, Clyde, Kuzya, Kai, Kansas, Kuzya, Klaus, Kazbek, Kaisar, Kas, Kubik, King, Christopher, Clif, Kevin, Courage, Konan, Fang, Kaiser, Kuchum, Cardinal, Kron, Cartel, Kenny, Claude, Candy, Crete, Kiwi, Caucasus, Clark, Cortes.
Lord, Leo, Light, Lyne, Loyd, Lari, Lucas, Lexus, Lynch, Lyman, Lymus, Lapus, Lars, Lecturer, Luke, Fiery, Ray, Life, Luigi, Lestor, Legolaz, Lime, Life, Lestor, Luntik, Lawrence, Lucian, Live, Ledger, Leps, Larion, Leid, Leader, LeBron, London, Larsen, Leonard, Lordon, Lancer, Lear, Lucien, Luciano.
Mickey, Milo, Marcel, Martin, Mack, Mike, Meni, Marty, Mitch, Marik, Sailor, Mers, Marat, Mickey, Motya, Mikey, Marco, Mavrik, Morgan, Marcus, Milan, Matthew, Maidan, Madrid, Mustang, Marshal, Menni, Mateo, Mafin, Mobi, Madison, Martin, Mitchell, Myth, Migel, Michael, Mongol, Megatron, Morris, Maximus, Mason, Magnum, Mirage.
Nick, Knight, Nord, Napoleon, Newman, Nemo, Noah, Nikos, Narcis, Nejik, Norfolk, Nelson, Neo, Nix, Notti, Niko, Napas, Noort, Nersul, Nyson, Nestar, Nestar, Nils, Navarro, Narzan, Neyten, Neil, Newton, Nurgl, Nicolas, Nissan, Nevil.
Oscar, Otis, Oliver, Oswald, Olaf, Odin, Odzhi, Osman, Osbourne, Ontario, Overlord, Orange, Onyx, Optimist, Orbit, Audrey, Obivan, Oryx, Alder, Odyssey, Olympus, Onufry, Olympus, Ozone, Austin, Oasis, Octavian, Ostap, Otar.
Pirate, Pike, Prince, Peach, Prime, Percy, Perseus, Porthos, Pierre, Peep, Pixel, Pluto, Perce, Pumba, Perry, Pilate, Soldering, Prokhor, Pride, Pink, Poseidon, Pappi, Pleo, Poof, Preston, Paul, Ghost, Pele, Patriot, Plato, Chime, Palash, Pantile, Pepper, Pablo, Puffy, Pooh, Plush, Poof, Gingerbread, Porter, Pixel, Proton, Pegasus, Pikachu, Pilot, Pusher.
Rex, Roy, Riddick, Ramses, Rico, Ray, Ryde Rem, Roni, Rough, Raine, Ricco, Rango, Rolf, Real, Rubik, Russell, Reddy, Report, Raymond, Remmy, Ramir, Ramon, Rafael, Ravshan, Reiser , Ringo, Reflex, Red, Rudolph, Ronaldo, Rambo, Rally, Ratmir, Rufus, Ruby, Roger, Rasti, Rupert, Rodrigo.
Sam, Simon, Stif, Samson, Skye, Sauron, Spike, Snowball, Silvio, Sultan, Smile, Sonic, Seth, Simon, Smokey, Saab, Spice, Cj, Syoma, Stark, Salavat, Slarke, Smes, Semuel, Stalker, Santa, Sydney, Sangreal, Sony, Sunny, Skipper, Samurai, Sensei, Smurf, Salute, Smersh, Samuel, Stealth, Solomon, Silver, Dusk, Satyr.
Tyson, Tima, Teddy, Toby, Thor, Tato, Tatoshka, Ted, Terry, Tyler, Twix, Toris, Theodore, Texas, Tamerlane, Titan, Time, Timon, Tagir, Taylan, Trevor, Typhoon, Takeshi, Tonic, Thomas, Truffle, Talisman, Twink, Tikhon, Torias, Totoro, Tores, Taijei, Topaz, Thorium.
Umka, Uranus, Winsent, Ulan, Walter, Urvin, White, Wilfred, Udmurt, Ural, Ulfii, Urban, Ursan, Ushastik, Ulian, Umnik, Ursa, Success, Wesley, Hurricane, Wesley, Urfin.
Phil, Fox, Frank, Fry, Frodo, Flyer, Filya, Fred, Frankie, Fredy, Philemon, Fakir, Phantom, Fadango, Faust, Favorit, Finn, Forest, Fayeton, Fabio, Fedor, Fletcher, Fidel, Figaro, Fent, Franz, Phobos, Fresh, Foros, Frost.
Hachiko, Khan, Happy, Khvostik, Heidi, Hooch, Hammer, Jose, Khabar, Haifa, Henk, Hardy, Hugo, Hast, Christopher, Hacker, Khalif, Hitch, Haiko, Haron, Heath, Hunt, Hamil, Harley.
Caesar, Tsigun, Centurion, Cent, Candied fruit, Ceylon, Central, Centner, Tsikun, Cerium, Cyclone, Tsesey.
Charlie, Chuck, Cheese, Chop, Chess, Chip, Chester, Chips, Chally, Chayzer, Chase, Charlize, Chane, Chang, Chizh, Circassian, Celad, Chibis, Cheater, Chebur, Chernomor, Cheef, Wizard.
Sharik, Sheriff, Sherlock, Sharkhan, Shah, Sheldon, Sherri, Shoki, Shakespeare, Shonya, Sheikh, Schwarz, Storm, Shalun, Schultz, Shabat, Lace, Sherman, Sharfey, Sheik, Shpuntik, Shildik, Shelest.
Alvin, Eric, Ernie, Eclipse, Elf, Edgar, Edmund, Eyre, Andrew, Alice, Eragon, Eclair, Edwin, Andy, Edward.
Eugene, Yukki, Eugene, Juventus, Julius, Justin, Yutos, Junik, Yusuf, Julian.
Yakut, Yarik, Yantar, Yakob, Janis, Yary, Yakhont, Yarmak, Yandex, Yaponets, Yapuchik, Jaguar, Janusz, Yantar, Yang, Yamal.
Rules for choosing a canine name
In addition to beauty and deep meaning, the nickname should have the following basic qualities:
- comfortable and short - no more than a couple of syllables,
- expressive - she is, in fact, the first team for your puppy,
- like the owner, his family and the dog.
This and popular Rex, Baron and Mukhtar, and many other names.
Requirements for the German shepherd boy
If you dig deeper, you need to know the phonetic principles in order not to make a mistake in choosing a name for the German Shepherd. After all, the nickname as a team must be understandable and recognizable for the dog. In addition to the general impression of the selected name, you can match it with these rules and check whether the nickname is appropriate or whether you need to choose another option.
So, the phonetic rules for picking nicknames for a German shepherd boy:
- it should contain clear and distinct sounds: “b, d, d, w, w, r”. So, your dog will hear his name even at a distance of half a meter,
- it is not necessary that the dog's name echoes with some frequently used word in order to confuse your pet.
- the nickname should not be similar to one of the dog training commands, for example, "aport" (nickname "Anchor") or "face" (nickname "Bass"), "fu" ("Funtik"),
- The nickname should give an understanding of the sex of the dog. Do not choose universal averaged names, on the contrary - categorically masculine,
- Do not give your four-legged friend a human name, at least that is relevant in your country,
Why should a male dog have a clearly male name? Because, in the event of a meeting on the same-sex site, it will be possible to immediately prevent aggression by determining the floor by nickname.
In the end, the nickname of the dog must fit his vocational vocation. If the dog is home, then we can assume that he serves as a family guard, companion and friend. But besides this shepherd can be a detective, a guard and a shepherd. What name should a dog choose depending on its vocation:
- Service dogs, detectives and police officers should receive a corresponding nickname - clear and serious. There are good options Rex, Schwartz, Hawk, Palcanbut avoid ambiguity and coincidence with titles, names of special forces and so on,
- the dog guard must be named, which is beyond doubt - it will not let the thief into the territory. This and Sheriff, Thunder or Rembo, names that make it clear who is who
- pedigree show dog is a future champion, her name can like to underline her "blue blood" - Richard, Prince, Marquis or even Sheikh, so talk about the spirit of the winner - Best, Leader etc.,
- a friend dog may wear a more frivolous name such as Jazz, Sancho and even funny names Dzhigit, Fig, Bublik or Marshmallow. It all depends on the nature of the dog and the sense of humor of its owner.
Among other things, there are traditions on assigning nicknames purebred dogs. These rules, of course, are not a strict regulatory document, but their observance is desirable. You never know how much scrupulous a buyer gets, it's bad if an excellent puppy is rejected because of the nickname in the documents.
Here are some of the basic rules:
- the name of the nursery (or its “business card) is needed include in the official nickname puppy, which was taken from there. Here we are talking about the nickname, which will appear in the documents of the dog,
- puppies from the same litter are called so that all the nicknames begin with one letter, for example, Rex, Rem, Rhoda, Rose etc. What is the letter determines the nursery or club
- A hereditary dog should wear an official nickname, which includes fragments of the name of his father and mother. This is considered a good tone for a pedigree puppy with a pedigree.
It turns out that the official name of the dog will include a multi-layered complex structure and his own name. But this is like the full name. for the card, which will be called at competitions and exhibitions and will be included in its pedigree. And the abbreviated name can already be taken on the basis of this official.
The most acceptable nicknames for dogs
Choosing a name for a dog is not easy, for the reason that there are a lot of options, but I want to have an exclusive name and at the same time convenient. Of course, you can ponder and call the dog Zerubbabel there will be no other such dog around, but the sister of talent is, as you know, short.
So, let us consider the most successful options for how to name a boy German shepherd:
Agate, Azart, Azor, Akbar, Iron, Ice, Axel, Alf, Armin, Arno, Aston, Ajax,
Baikal, Bucks, Barney, Baron, Bras, Butler, Black, Boeing, Bond, Boss, Bruno, Brad, Bruce,
White, Jack, Walter, Watson, Volt, Wolf, Hans, Harold, Gold, Horace, Graf, Thunder, Gray, Günther,
Dago, Dantes, Dark, Dustin, Delon, Jack, Joker, Junior, Dynamite, Dingo, Deutsch,
Zhermen, Jerome, Georges,
Silbert, Solger, Zorro,
Hidalgo, Iris, Raisin, York,
Kai, Kaiser, Carat, Castor, Casper, Quant, Quasi, Kevin, Kelt, Kim, King, Clif, Cornet, Corsair, Chris, Cruz, Kurt,
Light, Larry, Lex, Leon, Lorenz, Luke, Lux, Mike, Mac, Max, Martin, Milord, Morgan, Walrus,
Odin, Olgerd, Olf, Onyx, Opel, Osborne, Oscar, Otto,
Patrick, Paul, Prince,
Raj, Ralph, Ramses, Reno, Richter, Richard, Rocky, Roy, Rem,
Simon, Cyrus, Sancho, Silver, Simon, Skiff, Scotch, Stitch, Sting, Sam,
Tagir, Tyson, Teager, Tiger, Topper, Ulf, Uranus,
Falk, Faust, Fest, Flink, Volker, Forest, Fry, Frant, Franz, Fritz, Fred, Frend,
Hite, Hahn, Hamster, Harley, Hassan, Hank, Hobby, Horst,
Tsar, Caesar, Cerberus,
Chuck, Charlie, Chad, Cherry, Chester,
Shayk, Sheikh, Sheriff, Sherry, Sherkhan, Shico, Schultz,
Edgar, Elvis, Elf, Erich, Jurgen, Yander.
In the end I would like to point out that you, as the owner you can afford any name for your German, even if it does not comply with the described rules. Some may like a longer name, for example, Aristotle, Chegevara, Louis - The field of your imagination is limitless.
No one has canceled fashion for popular names of actors, athletes and other celebrities, for example, Tyson, Schumacher, Sting or Gibson.
Very original, when the name is opposite to the qualities, that is, a huge dog is called deliberately diminutive - Kidand a white dog with a name meaning black - Black
If this dog is not a service and not a show, then you can afford it. But it is better not to call a pet “trouble”, “stress”, “demon”, “fear” or incorrect “nigga” and the like. Let be his name will be pleasant and positivelet even the defiant laugh and joy, but not negative!
Nickname selection rules
In essence, the nickname for a dog is a sound code, an identifier, the first command that a pet should remember. The nickname, like the name of the person, gives individuality, allows the owner to contact the pet, to attract his attention.
By choosing a nickname must be taken responsibly.
The name should:
- Display breed specificity. The German Shepherd Dog is a service dog with a stable, balanced psyche, easily trainable and devotion to the owner. This is one of the most versatile breeds. The Germans successfully carry guard and guard service, act as search dogs, guide dogs and companion dogs. For such a “serious” dog, “mi-mishnye” nicknames are not suitable (Kid, Fluff, Masyanya).
- Must be short. Only the first two syllables in the word dog perceives as a command. A good nickname consists of one or two or three syllables (Frank, Jerry, Roxanne). Dogs are hard to distinguish whistling, hissing, deaf sounds. Preferred names with voiced firm consonants (b, c, d, d, f, f, l, m, n, p, c). The correct nickname must be distinguishable by the dog in silent pronouncement at a distance of 30 meters.
- Display the floor of the dog. This greatly facilitates walking on dog grounds.
- Not to be consonant with the main teams: "Sit" (Cindy), "Fu" (Pound), "Fas" (Fars). "Aport" (Milord).
Important. It is a common misconception that the puppy's name must contain syllables from the nicknames of the parents. This rule applies to horses. For dog names, it has nothing to do with.
Requirements for a pedigree puppy
In kennels and dog clubs, pedigreed puppy is given a name in accordance with international requirements:
- the puppy's name is given by the breeder after the puppy is examined and checked for compliance with the breed standards for 45 days from birth,
- the nickname is entered into the puppy metric, and then into the pedigree,
- nicknames of litter puppies begin with one of the letters of the Latin alphabet corresponding to the litter number,
- puppy names can be repeated only after 30 years,
- the name consists of two parts: the nicknames and the name of the nursery or place of birth (Hugo-Romania, Valkyrie from the Country of Sheepdogs),
- the prefix can stand before or after the name, the second variant is more common in Russia,
- the owner has the full right to give the puppy a “home” name, using the name assigned in the kennel only for processing official documents, participation in exhibitions and competitions, registration of litter, obtaining certificates and training certificates,
- The maximum number of characters included in the official name should not exceed 30-40 (including spaces and factory prefixes).
Important. If a purebred puppy is not registered through the nursery, and the documents are privately issued by the Russian Cynological Federation (RKF), then the nickname will be missing the prefix with the name of the nursery. This does not affect the further fate of the dog.
When choosing a nickname is to listen to the advice:
- Striving for originality, you should not get carried away and give too creative nicknames.
- You should not give your pets their own names, adopted in this region (Vanya, Sonya, Robert). It is not customary to refer to a dog by the name of a country or city (Berlin, China).
- German Shepherd dogs are serious dogs, if you plan to frequently visit crowded places with a dog, you should not give nicknames that emphasize aggressiveness (Werewolf, Zombie).
- Offensive nicknames (Puzan, Freak), or those that can offend people's feelings (Nazi, Prophet) are not allowed.
- The nickname can affect the formation of character and style of relations between the pet and the owner. Soft, affectionate nicknames contribute to the manifestation of friendliness, good nature, gentleness. German shepherds, intended for the protection and guard service, are not suitable "soft" names.
- The name of the dog is able to tell a lot about the owner, his passions, complexes.
Nicknames with meaning
Choosing the name of the German shepherd owners often stop on the names of those bearing an inner meaning or hidden implication.
For girls are suitable names with the value:
- Adolf (wild wolf),
- Astra (star),
- Aurora (dawn),
- Bella (true to the oath)
- Shoecloth (best in battles),
- Vesta (keeper of the hearth),
- Viola (violet),
- Vita (life),
- Valeri (strong)
- Deya (deity),
- Juna (energy of life),
- Isolde (fair)
- Callisto (beauty)
- Kirs (bird)
- Claire (bright)
- Lettis (happiness)
- Minerva (smart)
- Knox (night),
- Pax (world)
- Ruth (red)
- Ondine (wave)
- Ursula (little bear),
- Femi (brought up),
- Fadra (bright),
- Eunice (victorious),
- Honor (honest).
- Argus (shine),
- Brandon (prince),
- Barret (burly),
- Vic (warrior conqueror),
- Volcano (flash),
- Draco (dragon),
- Conrad (brave),
- Creon (lord),
- Marcus (warrior),
- Nero (black)
- Plato (wide, powerful),
- Remus (fast),
- Times (honor)
- Hank (leader),
- Hugo (heart, soul),
- Fidelis (faithful),
- Cerberus (spirit of the night),
- Jacobs (conqueror).
Nicknames of dogs distinguished in the service are in demand:
- Ajax (rescue shepherd who saved school children in the Alps),
- Balto (a dog who delivered a life-saving vaccine to residents of the city of Norm in Alaska)
- Barry (a rescue serbernar who saved 40 people in the mountains),
- Rem (Doberman bloodhound, with his help revealed more than fifty crimes),
- Ingus (famous border dog who died in battle).
Dog Nicknames Book and Movie Heroes:
- Abba (dog of Dr. Aibolit),
- Buddy (the receiver of the k / f "King of Air"),
- Beck (the hero of the book “Call of the Ancestors” of Jack London),
- Jerry Lee (dog-cop of k / f "K-9: Dog work"),
- Jim (Kachalov's dog),
- Lassie (m / s "Lassie"),
- Rex (m / s "Commissioner Rex"),
- Myagkolap ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" by J. K. Rowling),
- Alice (dog from advertising exchange),
- Dingo ("Fifteen Year Captain"),
- Fido (emblem of the company FidoNet),
- Frank (c / f "People in Black").
Nicknames of the most loyal and dedicated dog owners:
- Hachiko (the dog has been waiting for the owner for more than 9 years, who died)
- Dorado (the guide dog who brought the host out of the World Trade Center building after the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001)
- Eve (pulled hostess from a burning car).
Nicknames of dogs belonging to famous people:
- Connie Polgrave, Buffy, Yume (V. Putin),
- Kamchatka (Alexander III),
- Star of the North Bella Rose (S. Shoigu),
- Clipper (J. Kennedy),
- Checkers (R. Nixon),
- Oscar (M. Rourke),
- Fergie (S. Stallone).
Of the "foreign" names the most popular girls:
You can take a foreign name.
Nicknames "foreign" boys:
As for girls, you can take a foreign name for boys.
Part of the names can be seen from the articles:
Nicknames by color:
- Black and Blackie,
Nicknames for German shepherd black color
In some kennels, following the tradition, puppies of black color are given the names of the heroes of Scandinavian or Old German mythology.
For males it can be nicknames:
- Baldr is the god of spring, when he perishes, the end of the world will come - Ragnarok,
- Ber is the father of Odin and his brothers,
- Bragi is a skald, god of poetry and chants,
- Vidar - the god of silence,
- Garm is a monster dog guarding the world of the dead,
- Siegfried - the hero who defeated the dragon,
- Loki - the god of fire
- Magni is a giant
- One is the supreme deity
- Sin - the guardian of the earthly houses of the gods,
- Thor is a thunderer,
- Uhl - the patron saint of hunters
- Fafnir is a dragon guarding the treasures of the Nibelungs,
- Fenrir is a huge wolf,
- Forseti - the god of justice, chief judge,
- Hermod is the son of Odin.
For black German shepherds, you can pick up their nicknames.
Brunhilda is one of 12 valkyries,
Russian nicknames for German shepherds
Boys are often called Russian “stern” names:
Russian nicknames of girls are more romantic:
German Shepherds do not look like cute couch dogs, but their nicknames can be beautiful, elegant and even refined.
Sometimes the owners pick up beautiful nicknames for their German shepherd dogs.
Beautiful ladies can be called:
Beautiful nicknames for gentlemen:
Many owners strictly follow the established rules, others prefer home nicknames. It is worth considering that only a person can change the name at will. There are civil registry offices in each district. With a dog this trick will not work. Retraining adult shepherd is very difficult.
In any case, the puppy of a German shepherd deserves that the owner should spend his time and attention on the choice of his name, take the decision responsibly.
Suitable nicknames for a German shepherd boy
When choosing a name you need to be based on the vocation of a shepherd dog. This is usually - the guards, detectives, shepherds, and just - family friends. The dog - the guard cannot wear the nickname of the type - Lapushka, and the dog with the pedigree, which is destined to become a champion and take part in exhibitions - Bublik, Zephyr. If the shepherd is hereditary, then you also need to adhere to traditions.
The name must be comfortable, consistent with the natural qualities of the dog. The main ones are fearlessness, strength, courage, intelligence. Take a closer look at the pet. Consider his temper, appearance, temperament. Choose a full name. To call it affectionately and abbreviated will be possible only in home, unassuming conditions.
We must not forget that the breed is German, therefore the most successful variants of the nickname for the shepherd boy will be: Alibek, Arno, Azor, Agat, Akbar, Alt, Alfons, Adam, Antou, Argens, Asker, Annyar, Buyan, Baguette, Walter Winston, Grace , Gregory, Joseph, James, Zherman, Jean, Ilmks, Eastwood, Joseph, Kring, Kay, Kron, Nestor, Nobel, Osma, Pride, Perk, Roger, Franzo, Hummer, Higgins, Helikos, Sheriff, Schultz, Elf, Elvis .
If you want a more original and famous name, then Schumacher, Tyson, Gibson, Louis, Aristotle, Sting will do. The nickname should not instill negative in the dog and be incorrect, for example, Demon, Horror, Stress, Niger.
Taking into account the features of the appearance can be called:
It happens that when they appear in the house, puppies immediately begin to show their temper and show character. Often, the owners give such nicknames as the Wild boar, Roar, but it is still necessary to think about the time when the dog will grow up.
Sheepdog - a noble and at the same time fighting dog. It is possible to reflect its qualities in the name, as if in German, for example, calling Clear, Elegant, Cher, Storm, Shaitan, Sheriff, Sheikh, Champi, Genghis Khan, Tsar, Toreador, Tamerlane, Cowboy, boyfriend.
From unusual nicknames you can assign a name of a mythological character to an shepherd dog: Avatar, Achilles, Ramis, Benedict, Bomond, Buyan, Brig, Banzai, Benefis, Viking, Vulcan, Wager, Viy, Bartholomew, Guk, Goliath, Leopold, Warfey, Nemo, Narcis, Odysseus. Geographic names for pets are also applicable - Nord, Ost, Irtysh, Baikal, Ural, Yenisei, Balkhash, Baghdad, Danube.
If you really want to, then you can give a pet a name - Appa, Ayzik, Apricot, Botik, Bulya, Bonya, Butya, Biscuit, Barbosa, Buka, Butuz, Bunia, Blondik, Bafik, Benito, Brusha, Gutya, Gavrosh, Gusyanya, Erosh, Zyuzya, Raisin, Yosya, Kubik, Biscuit, Kid, Twinkle, Opyenok, Plyuschik, Smartik, Pound, Henya, Chubarik, Yarosh.
Nicknames - many, but, as a rule, they must fit the description, temper and habits of the shepherd dog, fully reflect the essence of this breed.
Nicknames for a sheepdog girl
Shepherd - girl, loyal, intelligent, cautious. It is important to understand that if you give a name to a puppy - Lapushka, Milan, then for an adult guard dog such a name would already be inappropriate. The nickname is the name of the dog and, of course, it is not worth making it a laughing stock.
So, you can give a beautiful and original name to the girl: Athena, Aisa, Alpha, Aggie, Vivalda, Wendy, Velia, Vega, Geisha, Jeni, Dixie, Daisy, Glory, Gracia, Erik, Ima, Joly, Ildaa, Naida, Olympia, Orlan, Audrey, Puma, Palma, Stacy, Black, Sakura, Sally, Saga, Charisma, Hanni, Hansha, Hyte, Shelley, Sharon, Sheldi, Chezar, Juanika, Yashma, Ernari, Abby, Eureka.
Popular German female names are appropriate for the German Shepherd Dog - Katrin, Angelika, Claudia, Heike, Angelika, Elke, Gabrieele, Karen, Renate, Elizabeth, Ally, Sabina, Inga, Nicole, Gertrude, Gila, Gisela, Stefania, Barbara, Suzy, Hella , Britta, Petra, Marie, Krista, Barbie, Helga, Ulli, Britta,
Often shepherd dogs are called female consonant names: Agnia, Assol, Aphrodite, Alice, Agnes, Anita, Athena, Adelia, Berta, Virginia, Viola, Vladi, Verona, Gabi, Germanika, Zlata, Isabel, Laura, Michel, Milan, Monica , Laura, Lola, Michel, Nicole, Regina, Sonya, Tia, Tasia, Regina, Emma, Alice.
If you want to give your pet girl the original name, it is best if it is short, with a fairly easy pronunciation and meaning - Aisa, Achcha, Quince, Vita, Beta, Vicky, Diya, Dora, Dolly, Evra, Yolka, Joly, Jacqui , Xena, Ivy, Zuna, Zoti, Chris, Kate, Nicky, Mili, Delhi, Liya, Nelia, Tara, Ruby, Ruuni, Tezi, Tisha, Yuna, Yumi, Cher, Elshi.
According to ancient mythology, you can call Assol, Amanda, Athena, Bayra, Olivia, Neva, Audrey, Olympia, Orland, Octavia, Fairy, Uma, Cezaria, Ceres, Yaguana, Eureka, Shahmani, Euphoria, Edel, Bagheera. For the ferocious temper, a German girl is sometimes called - Storm, Blizzard, Pandora, Pompey, Strela, Thunderstorm, Tsunami, Yakuza, Heroica.
Known and tender, gentle nicknames that reflect the affectionate nature of the cattery - Angel, Agasha, Bonya, Bulya, Bun, Dusya, Kiwi, Toffee, Button, Kasia, Lucy, Lucky, Monya, Chanterelle, Lubava, Little Baby, Marcy, Nyusha, Matilda, Nicky, Neya, Princess, Pepsi, Paris, Panochka, Suzy, Taratorka, Taska, Tisha, Uma, Beans, Frosya, Chunya.
How to choose the right name
It is better if it is a consonant combination of 2-3 syllables and easy to pronounce. It is important in this way to win over the pet, so that in the future it will have a positive impact on the development of its character.
The nickname for the German Shepherd should be a kind of indicator or the first team in life, not at all difficult to memorize. In addition, the dog must quickly respond, which means that it is easy to understand that it is him who is being addressed.
The choice of name must be approached responsibly. Still, the shepherd is a universal service breed, which has qualities such as endurance, perseverance, stability, balance. This is a guard and a search engine, a guide, and at the same time a real companion of man.
The nickname should reflect the floor of the shepherd dog, and not sound like - Fufa, Aport, Sit. Experienced breeders advise you to adhere to the following rules when choosing a nickname for a new member of the family:
- be serious about choosing a name, for a search dog nickname: Fluff, Masyanya inappropriate,
- pick nicknames with voiced consonants, because soft, deaf sounds are difficult to recognize,
- better if the name is short and 3 syllables are the limit,
- originality is good, but the creative for the name of the dog - to anything,
- It is not recommended to name the dog in honor of the country and city, also give the names specific to a particular region,
- Sheepdog inherent aggressiveness, but to emphasize this quality can not be name,
- the nickname forms the relationship between the dog and the owner, so there should not be an offensive type: Freak, Pusan, Fat,
- if you need to bring up fighting qualities, then you should not call soft names: Pusya, Fantik, Ugri, Tyutyunya.
The dog, both to trainings, and to a name, needs to be trained from the early childhood. It is not advisable to change the name in the process of life, which will be unusual for a dog, because shepherd dogs are difficult to retrain sounds in a mature, respectable age.
Responsible approach should be when choosing a nickname for your pet. German shepherd puppies, as a fairly noble breed with a pedigree and a long history, deserve this.