In the article I will describe in detail the purpose of blankets for cats. I'll tell you how to choose such a product. I will tell you how you can make a bandage and a collar using the tools at hand. I will explain when there is no need to use these things. I will dwell on how to properly wear a pet blanket.
Why cat with a catcloth or Elizabethan collar
The use of cat blankets is necessary after sterilization (castration) or other procedures in order to ensure reliable protection of postoperative stitches and scars from dust and dirt. Plus, you need to prevent the pet itself from losing these places.
During the rehabilitation period, animals at the instinctive level try to self-heal themselves. This can lead to rupture of threads and seam divergence.
How to choose a blanket and collar for an animal
Before purchasing a cat band, it is important to make sure that the products are of proper quality. But to open and try on such a thing no one will give you. And if they do, then run from there. It is unhygienic and wrong.
Basic recommendations for choosing cat blankets:
- It is important to choose the right size. To do this, before going to the vetapteku need to carefully remove all measurements of a pet. Measure the length from the base of the neck to the base of the tail, as well as the pet's chest volume,
- Pay attention to products sealed in transparent packaging. Respectable manufacturers have nothing to hide. You can see the quality of the stitch, the thickness of the thread. Also, make sure that the ribbons (strings) are strong and reliable. At the edges of the bandage should be neatly stitched. Should not stick up strings. Since when hit on the seams, the latter can simply simply rot,
- Pay attention also to the color of the products. This is not just a whim or aesthetics. Light and monochromatic fabrics, preferably white, will allow the owner to see the slightest specks on the fabric, which indicates that the bandage needs to be urgently changed.
How to sew yourself
In principle, there is no need for self-tailoring of a popon. Quality bandage can be bought for only 150 rubles. And the price here is fully justified. But if there is no such possibility, you can create a structure yourself.
Stages of creating blankets for the cat.
First you need to make measurements. It is better to do it together, because cats are quirky, and the parameters are needed accurate. Otherwise, the created product will be large or small. And there will be no point in your efforts.
Pattern for blankets
- torso length from the base of the neck to the base of the tail,
- belly from front to hind legs,
- the circumference of the tail and all the paws are separate,
- chest volume.
The material should be of sufficient density so that the animal does not tear it with its claws. As well as breathable so that the seams breathe and do not fester.
The material for the blankets must be tight so that the cat could not tear it.
The pattern is most often cut under cat measurements with holes for paws. Although you can simplify the task and make the product in the form of a triangle with a cutout for the tail. The long side envelops the entire body, and the ties are tied at the back of the pet.
Most often in the form of strings are ribbons. But you can also use Velcro and fasteners. They need five pairs:
- on the neck,
- in front of the front legs
- behind the front legs,
- in the middle of the abdomen,
- behind hind legs.
How to make a protective collar with your hands
Creating a protective Elizabethan collar for a cat with his own hands, it is necessary that he was safe and reliable. It is important that he does not obstruct the breathing of a pet. There are many options for self-production of such a product. Consider the most common ones.
For the manufacture of any type of collar is recommended to take measurements:
- measure neck circumference,
- measure the distance from the neck to the tip of the pet's nose.
From plastic bottle
- Transfer the measurements to paper and cut the pattern.
- It is better to try on a pattern and only then transfer it to plastic. It is necessary to make a cone from the bottle.
- For fastening handy Velcro. They can be sewed, having made previously openings a thick needle. Well suited for fastening stapler. Improve the design can be sewn piece of fabric around the neck.
For the most demanding and gentle cats, you can make a fabric collar. To make it stand and not hesitating, it is recommended to put a thick cloth or cardboard inside. So:
- Transfer the pattern to the fabric. Use chintz or cotton. Need two blanks.
- Transfer the pattern to cardboard to place inside to create the structure.
- Build everything and sew between each other.
- The edges are fixed with velcro.
- On the inside of the collar, lacing is required to fasten the product around the pet's neck.
How to properly put a bandage on a cat
The speed of healing of wounds of an animal will depend on how well the bandage is dressed. If it is very tight, the wound will heal for a long time. If weak, the cat will try to remove the product and scratch everything.
Recommendations on how to wear a bandage:
- Spread the product on a flat surface and straighten it with bandages.
- Gently place the cat on top, fixing the bandages in the neck and front legs.
- Tie bandages in the hind legs.
When do you not need protection?
Today there are such operations, when after them the veterinarians do not advise to wear a blanket and a collar. Moreover, there are animals that are not at all interested in their wounds. They do not lick, do not tear.
The use of blankets and a collar for a cat is a recommendation. A veterinarian will definitely advise using one or another version of the bandage. If desired, you can create it yourself. It is only important to make a little effort and spend time. The main thing is to make sure that the animal is comfortable and to carry out all the instructions of a specialist.
Types of blankets
There are the following types of this product:
The first type of blanket is used to decorate an animal. The practical function of the blanket carries only in the case of sphinxes and other short-haired cats, the sweat of which may stain things. And it can also be useful in weaning kittens from breastfeeding.
Many owners bring pleasure to the process of making beautiful clothes for their pet and its demonstration.
The protective blanket is necessary for animals that are particularly susceptible to the effects of cold, as well as for those cats that often go outside, for example, when kept in a country house. In this case, the blanket should be perceived simply as outerwear and serve to prevent cooling.
Cloth in this case is used to warm the animal.
Sometimes the owners go further and, by analogy with clothes for dogs, use a blanket that protects from rain and dirt.
This blanket perfectly protects the cat from moisture.
The final type of blanket we consider is medical. Otherwise, it is called postoperative bandage. It serves to prevent infection and inflammation and solves the following problems:
- Dust When it gets into the wound, infection may begin.
- Licking Cats have a reflex that causes them to lick a sore spot. But a rough tongue, along with bacteria on it, can only develop inflammation on the wound.
- Seam divergence Start up after the operation the animal becomes less mobile and tries to take care of itself, but any careless movement, such as washing, can provoke a divergence of the seam.
- Parasites. Fresh suture can release fluid that attracts insect carriers of infection. To prevent this process under the bandage place napkins, which absorb the blood.
Classical blanket, which is used after the operation according to the testimony of a doctor
However, it is not necessary to consider that after a surgery on the abdomen, the so-called abdominal, the use of a bandage is necessary. Before dressing up the animal, it is necessary to consult with the operating doctor, and only after his consent to proceed to the purchase and donning.
Review of standard medical blanket:
This blanket was developed in the “Stepka” community in 1997 with the aim of facilitating the sterilization of cats, as the main means with their homelessness, and gradually gained widespread use.
The size of the blankets is universal, although, in my opinion, our cat is too big. Made of chintz, equipped with Hebesh tapes.
Wearing a blanket is necessary, until the cat is not fully moved away from the action of anesthesia, otherwise you will be bitten and scratched. The sequence of donning is clearly spelled out in the annotation to the blanket.
If desired, it is easy to provide access to the postoperative wound by unleashing several bands.
Of course, the blanket gives the cat some inconvenience. Our beauty, for example, managed to bite off the braid at the thigh. However, the blanket reliably covers the postoperative wound, incidentally giving the cat a comical appearance.
And here the owner came up with the usual nylon sock to supplement the medical blanket:
They brought home and then it began - the cat from anesthesia did not know where to rush and what to do. First of all, with my teeth I cracked this diaper cover on me! I started sewing it up with threads and remembering my previous experience with cat sterilization, I immediately took a sock .... Yes, yes, the usual sock is a cut off tent from terry baby tights. I pulled the cat over the sewn blankets and ran to the vet pharmacy for a new factory tailoring.
But since she has a string and the cat can crawl somewhere and catch, tights came to the rescue again! I pulled it over the top (after cutting through the holes for the paws) and so my cat safely went out all 14 days. only I bought 2 things - that would be replaced, after washing. Instead of a terry sock, you can use a nylon stocking - for shaggy cats, that would not be hot. My bald girl - her terry just right. And the ties will not catch and support the tummy - that would be a little bit. To whom it is necessary - immediately wear stockings - you will be calmer.
How to choose a blanket for a cat
In order for the bandage to sit well on the animal, you need to pay attention to the following questions:
- Score. Beware unscrupulous sellers and do not buy goods with it. The blanket should be in individual transparent packaging, without opening and damage. Remember that this is a hygienic item, so the bandage must be steamed. You can buy blanket in pet stores with a pharmacy or on the Internet site.
- Material. Cloth should not stretch and cause allergies, so the best choice would be on cotton fabric. The strings should be thick and strong.
- Colour. It is better to choose a bandage white and one-color, so that any soaking that may appear on the fabric is better visible. It is very important to inform the doctor in time about the presence of excess wound discharge.
- The size. Measure the girth of the cat's chest and the length of the back from the shoulder blades to the croup. These figures affect the size. The bandage should not be free or, on the contrary, tight, the animal should feel naturally in it and not feel discomfort.
After the surgery, my cat was given a bandage in a veterinary clinic. The doctor himself picked up the size and put it on the blanket. Therefore, in the process of preparing for sterilization, check with your doctor whether you need to buy the product yourself or a qualified specialist will do it for you.
In the event that a pet is not of a typical size: too fat or thin, the best way out would be to make a blanket by yourself than to put a bandage on it that will not fit perfectly.
We take a sock that is suitable for the size of the cat, it is possible kapron, we cut out holes for the paws and the tail. If the neck is too long, shorten it. We make a cut on the back and a few small holes, like on sneakers. We cross them in a lace crosswise. We try on the animal, we delay.
The advantage of this production is its speed, simplicity and low cost, and the minus is the high elasticity of the product and possible allergic reaction to the composition of the fabric.
Under the nylon sock be sure to put a piece of cloth to collect discharge
Such a bandage will sit on a cat much better due to the individual structure.
In order to sew a bandage of fabric at home, you must first measure the following parameters of a cat:
- pet length from base of neck to tail
- from neck to shoulder blades
- from the croup to the tail,
- neck girth
- the distance between the front legs,
- chest girth,
- girth at the groin level.
Transfer the data to the sheet, drawing the future product. It is necessary to make a small margin of 0.5–1 cm in length for future strings.
On the diagram, the arrows indicate the places of measurement and the approximate length of the segments
Transfer the marks from the pattern to the fabric. It is better to use two layers of material for greater strength. Using the resulting scheme, cut out the parts, wrap the allowances and stitch on the machine, having previously swept over the edges of the product. Sew the strings.
It is necessary to try the product on the pet, to make adjustments while you still have the opportunity. Pay attention to whether an additional tampon will fit in the area of the pet's abdomen, as it may be necessary by the result of the operation.
The advantage of this production option is the ability to adjust the product to the individual characteristics of the cat, and the disadvantage is a more complex performance, unlike the sock version, not to mention the purchase of the finished one.
How to properly wear a blanket on a cat
Before putting on the blanket it is necessary to refresh it in the washing machine without using powder and iron it on both sides. Introduce the cat with the bandage. After sniffing, gently put the product on her. Fasten the blanket tightly, as shown in the picture:
It is better to tie the blanket while the animal is still under anesthesia.
Adjust the length of the strings so that the loose ends do not interfere with the animal. It is better to immediately cut off the excess, so that the cat could not accidentally cling to something and injure itself during the absence of the owner.
Watch how the cat will behave. If the first wearing of blankets causes stress, remove the product from it and try to wear it again after a while. Do not expect that the pet in the bandage will behave in the same way as usual, since these freedom-loving animals do not like being dressed in something.
Unfortunately, before doing my cat sterilization, I did not accustom her to the sensations in the bandage, so when she woke up after anesthesia, I experienced additional discomfort due to the presence of an excess object on my body. And, starting to rise, it moved only in short rushes and mostly hung, bending its paws. However, after careful care, the movements became less intermittent, and in the end, the cat got used to it.
How to care for a cat after sterilization
Caring for a cat in the postoperative period is not limited to just buying or creating blankets. It is necessary to give the pet increased attention, especially in the first hours after surgery. It is necessary to take an animal out of the clinic only in the carrying area, having previously prostyle the bottom with a soft cloth or a special diaper.
Special technology allows diapers to keep moisture inside for a long time and completely block the smell
Carefully place the animal in the carrier, always on its right side, and cover it with something warm or place a heating pad or hot water bottle on its back. Do not neglect this, because after anesthesia, the cat's body loses much heat. Another feature of anesthesia is eye freezing in the open state. So that the cornea does not dry it is necessary to open the eyelids or use special drops every half an hour.
At home, leave the animal in a carrier or gently, pulling the edges of the diaper, put the cat on the floor. Remembering exposure to cold and draft, choose a place close to the battery, but in no case do not put close to the heater, copious heat can cause bleeding. For 2-8 hours it is necessary to keep the cat under constant observation, waiting for her to wake up. During this time, you can massage the paws with gentle movements to improve blood circulation and speed up the exit from anesthesia. Remember that at the moment of awakening the cat is capable of harming itself by making unconscious sudden movements or falling.
After the cat moves away from the anesthesia and begins to behave consciously, put a bowl of water and food in front of her. She may not touch the food, because the appetite does not return immediately, but you need to keep an eye on him, because this is the main indicator of the health of the animal. It is better to introduce a special feed for the operated animals.
Then you just need to care for the seam and observe the behavior of the animal. О том какие препараты следует применять для обработки раны уточните у оперировавшего кошку врача. Ни в коем случае не занимайтесь самостоятельной постановкой диагноза и лечением, организм кошки отличается от человеческого и многие препараты могут просто не подойти.
Бандаж следует носить в течение 3 дней. It is necessary to leave it only for animals that are actively trying to lick the wound even through it.
Video: veterinary advice about caring for a cat after surgery
It is necessary to choose a blanket, especially postoperative, wisely, remembering that the cat already has difficulties after the intervention and the bandage should not become an additional negative factor. Try to pay more attention to the cat during this period, especially since it lasts not so much time - about 5 days.
And a little about the secrets.
The story of one of our readers Irina Volodina:
My eyes were especially frustrating, surrounded by large wrinkles plus dark circles and swelling. How to remove wrinkles and bags under the eyes completely? How to cope with swelling and redness? But nothing is so old or young man as his eyes.
But how to rejuvenate them? Plastic surgery? I found out - no less than 5 thousand dollars. Hardware procedures - photorejuvenation, gas-liquid pilling, radio lifting, laser facelift? Slightly more accessible - the course is 1.5-2 thousand dollars. And when to find all this time? Yes, and still expensive. Especially now. Therefore, for myself, I chose another way.
Why do I need a blanket
Clothing for a cat after sterilization or any other manipulation is necessary in order to protect the scar after the operation from dirt and licking. This bandage is obligatory, as cats instinctively seek to heal their wounds on their own. If you do not close the scar, then the animal can try to such an extent that the threads will tear and the seam will disperse.
Also, the blanket protects the cat from the fact that it does not use inside the medications that are applied for the treatment of the suture, so that it heals as quickly as possible. The bandage will protect the animal from licking substances that, when ingested, can be very harmful.
Short-haired animals in winter can be cold. Canadian sphinxes sometimes need to buy home clothes, so that they do not freeze and do not stain furniture, as sweating due to accelerated metabolism is characteristic of this breed. In this case, the bandage is a means of hygiene.
In addition to homemade blankets, bathrobes are rain clothes. They are necessary for those who walk with cats, or whose cats love to go out. Protect from wind, sticking of dirt and subsequent licking. After all, cats are clean creatures.
Sew or buy?
Which is better to choose a cat blanket after sterilization? Ready-made or hand-made?
Advantages of the finished bandage:
- factory accessories are eco-friendly and biologically neutral,
- durable and resistant, not torn,
- well pass air that promotes the fastest healing of a wound,
- Velcro fasteners are often more convenient than ties.
- “purchased” accessories are often fastened with velcro, which is convenient.
Advantages of self-tailoring:
- if you are able to sew, then the blanket, created by individual measures, will be as convenient as possible,
- the pattern can be saved to make several bandages,
- if you used your old clothes to make a bandage, then even when ironed, it will retain a bit of your smell, and your pet will be calmer.
The price of postoperative blanket for cats
The blankets for cats after sterilization, already ready, are sold everywhere. It rarely happens that you can not buy it. And in the veterinary clinic, and in any nearest pet store you can find this accessory at a fairly affordable price - about 100-150 rubles.
Recommendation: it is better to immediately buy two bandages or even more. Indeed, after the operation, anything can happen.
- The bandage is stained in preparations that need to be used for treating the seam.
- The cat can wet the material during a trip to the toilet.
The blankets in stores are not sold in a universal size. Manufacturers usually consider that cats come in different sizes. Therefore, in the sale you can find blankets S, M, L. Dimensions, like people: small, medium, large.
No need to take the blanket, as if "for growth". Despite the fact that it can be adjusted by strings, first it is still better to measure the length of the body so as not to be mistaken.
Usually there are blankets with ties of sufficient length, and they can be adjusted depending on how large your cat is.
How to make a blanket yourself?
Not always on sale is a blanket, and sometimes its value seems too expensive. It does not matter: you can make a cat blanket with your own hands.
If you look, the product is not something difficult. This is one element to which ties are attached. Of course, there is a certain system of these strings, so look at the photo blankets for the cat.
Before you make a cat blanket with your own hands, you need to decide on the size. Make a pattern: measure the girth of the abdomen in centimeters, the length of the torso of the cat - from the neck to the tail, as this will be located postoperative bandage.
One of the options for bandage. For self-tailoring bandage need a dense, clean fabric. Preferably cotton. But it can be made from soft fabric, then it is best to take, for example, flannel.
Recommendation: if you decide to sew a blanket yourself, choose a dense monophonic fabric, on which traces of dirt are noticeable. If you see traces of blood, this should be a signal to immediately visit the vet. Because it is a signal that the seams are untied.
It is not necessary to choose material with undeveloped areas for blankets. If even a small thread gets into the area of the suture, it can provoke suppuration and inflammation.
Cut a square piece, leave a small seam allowance. Then in the square of the material create notches in order to be able to pass through the paws of the animal: both front and rear.
Important: it is necessary to leave some material in front of the front paws so that after putting on the blankets it does not crawl to the stomach.
Each outer corner sewn on a ribbon or rope. It is better to choose the tape, because, unlike the rope, it will not cut into the body and deliver additional discomfort and pain to the animal. These elements are required as strings.
Ties should not be tightly fixed. Check that between the blanket and the cat you can freely stick 2 fingers. Otherwise, the bandage may rub, and this will require additional assistance to the animal. Yes, and your pet will feel uncomfortable.
Sometimes, if there was no ordinary fabric at hand, and it is necessary to make a blanket quickly, other improvised means are used. For example, unwanted leggings or tights of sufficient density, a piece of a turtleneck sleeve or a pant leg. Of course, it is important that this element is suitable for your cat, taking into account the length of its body. And the holes for the front paws can be done independently. Fixing the knot on the neck should not be too tight, pinch.
Sometimes it happens that the seam is made too low. Then such a bandage from scrap materials can bully, and there will be no particular sense from it. In this case, it is worth cutting holes in the bottom for the hind limbs.
By the way, such a product will be easier to wear and remove, you will not need to suffer with ties. Yes, and for the animal will be more convenient. He will not constantly crawl, will sit tight on the body.
How to wear a blanket on a cat
If the animal is under anesthesia, then putting a bandage on it will be quite a simple matter. Another situation - when the cat resists. Then do it alone is not recommended. It is better to ask someone from the household to help.
Caution: do not squeeze the cat too tightly, because this may cause the seam to diverge. If you want to put a blanket on a cat that has already moved away from anesthesia, do not act with coercion, but with caress.
Those who are going to wear a bandage on a pet for the first time, and feel insecure, should practice on non-living objects, for example, on toys, and only then approach the cat.
Sometimes the cat strongly resists, does not allow to put on a blanket. After some time, you can try again, because over time the animal gets used to this procedure. As, for example, to wipe the eyes.
- First you need to tie the shoelaces located closer to the neck. Clasp your head, but gently.
- Now tie the ones that are between the neck and the front legs.
- Tie each pair of laces towards the tail.
- The last two ribbons must be tied around the cat's croup in a cross-wise direction.
And do not forget to leave the anus, urethra open. Otherwise, the pet will not be able to normally visit the toilet and will be worried or dirty bandage. Take care that the blanket is not only not closed, but was not too close to the urethra, not getting wet from the urine of the animal. If it still happened, and the cat soaked some cloth, it is better to change the bandage. It happens that the bandage gets wet when it turned out too long. It is enough to shorten it, cutting off the excess part with scissors. And you can just tuck.
Sometimes it happens that a cat, after wearing a bandage on it, cannot move easily. Then you should loosen the ribbons so that the animal does not suffer, because it already needs to recover from the operation.
A bandage for a cat after sterilization, with your own hands, is needed in order to protect postoperative stitches or scars. This bandage for a pet is needed for several important factors:
- Protect stitches or scars from possible inflammatory process from dust and dirt,
- The blanket closes the cat's access from its licking wounds. The cat's tongue is very rough, and in addition with saliva, which contains a lot of bacteria, will trigger the inflammatory process,
- If it is correctly fixed, it will completely restrict the movement of the fabric on the cat, and this will prevent the seams from diverging,
- After the operation, the stitches will produce blood, and it will tend to dry out on the fur of the animal. In hot weather, the smell of blood attracts bloodthirsty parasites - flies, and they can wade to the wound. Under the blanket it is necessary, of course, to put napkins that will absorb these secretions, they will simplify the care of the seams.
What can make a blanket?
A cat dab, after sterilization, with your own hands, can be made from the scrap materials that you have in your house. If it has already happened that there are no fabrics, threads and needles at home, you can come to the long-forgotten, old methods:
Socks from a sock - for this you need a clean sock or golf (it must match the length of your pet's body, directly the shoulder blades, to the pelvis).
Sock for making blanket
Cut through the hole for the legs, along the edges of the sock / golf and zigzag pass a soft cord over them.
For pelvic areas, cut a small groove. She will hold on to the neck and on the line of the animal's groin.
Notch along the sock
This is not the most suitable option, with a great desire of the cat, she will be able to take off the blanket and even bend over to lick the wound.
- Cloth for cats, after sterilization, with their own hands, from tights - this is already a more reliable option (in terms of fixation). All work will have to be done in the same way as cutting holes from socks and golf. But, in addition, you will need to make a collar in the form of a T-shirt and thread the cat's head there, and the lower part will be fastened with a cord or elastic band, along the groin line of the animal.
So you learned how to make a dressing for a cat after sterilization, in the simplest and most forgotten way.
Required materials for the manufacture of blankets
- Cotton fabric (calico or calico),
- Linen gum,
- Bake for edging.
"Important! Measure your pet: back length, tummy girth, distance between front / hind legs, shoulder distance between shoulders and hip joint. "
How to sew a blanket for a cat after sterilization? - for the manufacture of the product you need to make a pattern and perform the following steps:
- Take a cotton fabric, a centimeter and a sheet for the pattern,
- The sheet on which the pattern will be for cat after sterilization will need to be divided vertically in half,
- Using preliminary measurements, we transfer them to the fabric with the help of a chalk for fabrics,
Medium size blanketing
- When sewing, do not forget about the presence of strings,
- If your pet is very active, you can fasten the blanket with velcro (then the ends in the pattern are not counted)
- Check everything again and start cutting the blankets,
- Cut the strings from two sides,
- At the end of the stage, try on the product on the animal to make sure that everything is done correctly.
- For all measurements add allowance of 0.5 - 1 cm on both sides,
- Do not immediately throw out the pattern, it is better to make another blanket to change her cat every day.
As you can see, the question is: How to make a cat blanket after sterilization? - does not provide any difficulties in the manufacture, you can easily get down to the job right now.
After you have sewed a bandage for a cat after sterilization, it must be washed and rinsed without using household chemicals. Be sure to iron it using an iron. Only after that, you can dress the animal's blanket.
Ties, Velcro or lacing, should be arranged so that the cat does not pay attention to them.
Make sure that the bandage is always in a clean state, if you find any dirt on it, change it immediately. If the cat is constantly trying to get rid of the bandage, and it interferes with it, in any case, do not remove it and do not let her do it. Basically, the blanket is removed after the doctor's permission, 10-15 days after the operation. It depends on how the stitches heal and the condition of the animal itself.
How to tie a blanket?
In order to tie a blanket, and not bring inconvenience to the animal, you need to be very careful. If the bandage is very tightly fixed, it will have a bad effect on the process of wound healing.
Cloth tightly dressed on a cat
Free - also not good, the pet can easily remove and damage the seam.
To start tying a bandage, you need to straighten all the strings. Cat, very carefully put on a bandage. To fix the front ties on the neck and above the front legs. Tie back ribbons in pairs, over both of your pet's legs, then put them together and tie them again. Make it so that the ends of the falling ribbons are not long, otherwise the animal can easily catch on them and fall.
Buying a ready blanket is the best option.
The blanket you can easily purchase in special veterinary stores. It is best to buy the blanket that is packaged in a transparent bag, so you will surely be convinced that no one else touched it, and there are no bacteria on it.
"Note! When purchasing blankets, be sure to look at the size of the cat.
Sometimes you need to put gauze bandages on the scar, regularly treat the wounds. In this case, it is not necessary to remove the entire bandage every time. It is enough to untie only a pair of lower tapes to open access to the wound. If you take off the whole blanket and then put it on, it will only once again disturb the pet and slow down the scar healing process. The bandage should not crawl or stray, so as not to open access to the seam.
Sometimes the blanket still has to be removed completely. For example, in order to wash and dry. Then you can not leave the cat without attention. See that she does not lick the wound. Well, if in this case the reserve will be another bandage. If not, ask someone from the family to look after the pet.
Some cats quickly enough after anesthesia begin to lead their usual lifestyle. For example, they actively run and jump, drop into pieces of furniture, curtains. It is important to monitor the animal for two reasons. The first is to try to limit it in too active movements so that the seams are not untied. And the second is to see that the blanket does not catch on the protruding parts of the furniture, so that the animal does not catch on the protruding part of the furniture when jumping.
After sterilization, the external seams are usually removed on the seventh or tenth day, and the bandage can also be removed, since the cat may tire of wearing it all the time.
According to reviews, blankets for cats are comfortable after sterilization. At the same time, they praise both pharmacy accessories and hand-made accessories. The conclusion is simple: if you can sew, then go ahead. If you are not sure, it is better to take a ready-made option.