Like any other living thing, poultry needs not only feed, warmth and light, but also enough clean water. A self-made drinking bowl for chickens will help meet all the needs of feathered pets and save money that is never superfluous.
Today, in specialized stores there is no shortage of equipment for arranging poultry houses and areas for poultry walking. And yet, poultry farmers are showing genuine interest in homemade designs. This is due to their simplicity and availability of components used in the work.
How to make a drinker for chickens? What you need to know, and what stock up before starting work?
First of all, you need to calculate the water needs of your wards and determine what type of drinker is best for the livestock.
The amount of water drunk by chickens depends on their age, housing and feeding conditions. The average amount of moisture consumed is usually taken as 0.5 liters. The height of attachment of the equipment is determined based on the type of drinker and the age of the chicken.
Novice poultry farmers, without thinking about the consequences, sometimes put open water tanks to the bird, thereby making several serious mistakes:
- On hot days, the moisture evaporates quickly and in the evening without proper control, the chicks may be thirsty.
- It is not excluded that active chicks or adult chickens will tip over the vessel and will remain without water at all.
- Open home-made drinkers for chickens are dangerous because when hitting them, small chicks can not only get wet and supercooled, but also drown.
- In open drinkers, dust and insects, droppings and litter particles must be deposited, and a pathogenic environment that is dangerous for the drinking bird develops.
The simplest drinking bowl for chickens from a plastic bottle
If this design is the only acceptable solution, then you need to try to make the holes for drinking quite small, suitable for using one or two birds.
An example is a drinking bowl for chickens from a plastic bottle with a capacity of 1.5 or 2 liters.
On a vessel fixed in a horizontal position, several holes are carefully cut through so that it is convenient for the chickens to drink from a container half filled with water. Too large drinking holes should not be done so that a curious bird could not get into a self-made drinking bowl for chickens, and feed and litter particles could not get into the water.
Similarly, for large poultry houses make drinkers from 100-mm sewer pipes. The required number of holes for the raised birds is cut through the plastic pipe along the pipe, the pipe ends are closed with plugs, and the self-made drinking bowl for chickens is ready to be fixed to the wall, suspended or installed on the floor. When choosing a method take into account the size and age of farmed birds.
With the incredible simplicity and cheapness of such devices, nipple and vacuum designs are much safer and more practical. The water in them is in a closed vessel, protected from pollution and is supplied in exactly the same amount as thirsty pets need.
Vacuum homemade drinker for chickens
How to make a drinking bowl for closed-type chickens with your own hands? Oddly enough, but these designs are no more expensive or more complicated than the varieties already described.
Diagram of a self-made vacuum drinking bowl for chickens: 1 - glass jar, 2 - water level in a vessel, 3 - drinking tray, 4 - stable moisture-proof stand for a can.
A vacuum design of this type refers to stand-alone devices. It is easily mounted without the use of any tools, is even easier to maintain and, if necessary, changes.
Vacuum drinkers are most convenient for very small chickens living, drinking and eating on the floor. You can install a do-it-yourself chickens drinker both in the poultry house and on a walking range, as long as the design of the pan and water tank is stable.
A similar drinker can be made from cheap plastic bottles and other disposable tableware.
Homemade drinker version for chickens from: 1-mms or cropped bottom from large plastic containers, 2 - plastic bottles, 3 - bottle caps, 4 - self-tapping screws fastening the bowl and bottle, 6 - fasteners for hanging the finished drinker. To maintain the water level in the bowl, a hole (5) is made in the neck of the bottle, below the top edge of the pan.
You can pour water by simply unscrewing the cap. The lower tray replenishes itself due to the difference in pressure that occurs as the moisture in the bowl decreases.
Nippelny drinking bowl for chickens
For older birds, nipple drinkers can be made in which the inhabitants of the house do not have direct contact with water, and drinking moisture is supplied only “on demand” by feathered inhabitants.
However, there is a nipple drinker for chickens and a disadvantage. Since such a device can only drink a strictly limited number of chicks at the same time, a crush is possible on hot days or after feeding. To avoid this, you need to carefully calculate the needs of the birds in the nipple drinkers for chickens.
From a plastic bottle, the drinking bowl for chickens is made very simple. A hole is drilled in the cover into which the nipple is installed, which for strength is better sealed with a sealant or FUM tape. The drinking bowl is suspended in a place convenient for the bird, it is easy to clean and replenish as it is empty.
A similar construction is not made from a relatively small bottle, but from a bucket, canister or other large plastic container. This option is convenient because along the circumference of the bucket you can make several nipple poilnik at once. For the convenience of the birds and to preserve the dryness of the litter, ready-made or home-made drip trays are attached to them.
The largest and at the same time the most costly construction is obtained from a piece of plastic sewer pipe, end caps, several nipple drinkers, brackets for hanging equipment and suction boxes.
On the pipe, the holes for the nipples are drilled at a distance of 20–30 cm from each other so that the drinking birds do not interfere with each other. Then the nipples are mounted, the catchers of the flowing down water are mounted and the nipple drinking bowl for the chicks is installed at the destination.
If desired, such a drinker can be connected to the water supply network, which will facilitate its filling and rinsing.
All described varieties of homemade chick drinkers are easy to manufacture and do not require special knowledge from the farmer. However, before starting work, it is better to watch a video about making a drinker for chickens with your own hands. After that, the work will go faster, the last difficulties and questions will disappear.
Types of drinkers for chickens that you can do yourself
Modern industrial enterprises produce a wide variety of equipment designed for feeding chicks. As a rule, such devices are not designed for large broods, so homemade drinkers will be the best option for the young.
There are many different drinking bowls for watering chickens.
There are many original ideas on how to make a drinking bowl for chickens from scrap materials with your own hands.
The most common types of homemade drinking tanks are:
- ordinary improvised devices,
- cup dishes
Important. When creating the drinker by yourself, it is necessary to take into account the fact that chickens consume water twice as much per day as feed. Therefore, liquid containers should have good capacity.
Plastic bottle drinking bowl for chickens
Plastic is a fairly common material for the manufacture of various designs. It is not difficult to make a simple water bottle from it suitable for young individuals.
For the manufacture of such a device you will need a special container in the form of a plastic bowl or basin, a screwdriver, screws, a cutting tool (knife or scissors) and a couple of plastic bottles. The choice of capacity should not be very high, so that the chick could easily reach the water. All bottles, as well as any materials for the production of kitchen utensils, must be treated with a disinfectant.
Any farmer can independently make a drinking bowl for chickens from a plastic bottle.
The construction of the structure is carried out in several steps:
- In a plastic bottle with a large displacement, the upper part is cut off at a distance of at least 5 cm from the lid. Thus, it turns out a kind of "cup".
- The second smaller bottle is attached to the received container from the inside with screws, forming a cap in the cap.
- At a distance of 5-10 cm from the neck of a smaller plastic bottle, small holes are made with a knife, and their height should not exceed the depth of the first bottle.
- With the help of screws, the finished device is attached to any vertically positioned object (the wall of the chicken coop, a pole in the yard, a detached board), or inserted into a previously prepared frame and filled with water.
Among the advantages of a homemade drinker from a plastic bottle is the simplicity of its manufacture and the affordability of keeping large numbers of chickens with continuous water supply.
Naturally, without cons, too, can not do. Such a capacity can easily turn over if the chicks climb into the head to get inside and swim. In addition, this design has the ability to quickly become dirty, and its cleaning takes a lot of time.
The photo shows a simple vacuum drinking bowl for chickens from a plastic bottle.
Automatic Chicken Drinker
From the available materials at hand can be made and automatic drinking bowl for young. For its manufacture can be used almost everything that is on hand, for example, a shallow bath (tray), a 1.5-liter plastic bottle and clamps for fixing the vessel.
Instructions for the creation of auto drinkers provides for the implementation of several simple actions:
- clamps are attached to the walls of the bath, which will subsequently fix the bottle,
- the bottle is filled with water and inserted into the clips neck down, while not reaching the bottom of the tray 0.5 cm,
The water from the bottle will pour into the tray, and until the bath is full, water cannot flow into it. When the birds heat up part of the contents, its volume will be filled again with water from the bottle.
For the manufacture of automatic drinkers need a plastic bottle and a small bowl.
The automatic drinking system is very convenient and is used in most households. The main thing you need to pay attention to when creating such a device is the dimensions of the bath. They should not be overly wide, and its sides too low. Otherwise, the chickens will arrange bathing procedures in it.
Siphon homemade drinker for chickens
Siphon drinking tank is a more complex type of vacuum system.
It also uses a large tank of water and an ordinary bowl, the only difference is the addition of two small wooden sticks 8-10 cm long:
- sticks are placed on the bottom of the bowl (their length depends on the neck of the jar and the size of the bowl itself),
- mulling of the jar to the bowl is being considered (rope or wire, tied crosswise, are well recommended),
- the can is filled with water and covered with a bowl on top, while the neck of the container is gently opened with chopsticks,
- the device slowly turns over, and water immediately begins to flow into the bowl.
In the case of a siphon drinker, a plastic bottle in any form can be used instead of a can. If the bottle is intact, then a special container should be used as a bowl, which has a groove in the center for screwing the bottle. If preference is given to the cut bottle, then it is necessary to cut it not smoothly, but in a wave. Thus, there is no need to use wooden sticks. Water will flow through the uneven slices of the edges of the bottle.
Siphon drinking tank is a more complex type of vacuum system.
Such a device is attached to the wall through clamps and a special stand. You can also place the structure on the ground with the help of tripods, but the water bottle itself should be placed at a small height for the purity of the water.
Basic device requirements
Chicken drinker can not be called a complex device, but there are some requirements that should be considered in the manufacture.
- The device must be made of high-quality material that is not capable of emitting harmful substances. For example, when planning the manufacture of plastic, you need to know its composition. Otherwise, you can cause irreparable damage to the health of pets.
- The drinking bowl should perform its functions in the best possible way. Chickens at any time and without the slightest discomfort can quench their thirst.
- The design should be easily filled with water. It should think about cleansing. If the tank has a narrow neck with a sink, problems will inevitably arise.
- Birds should not litter the water bowl. The design is thought out taking into account that chickens cannot bring food or excrement into the water with their legs and beak.
- The drinking device must be stable, or it is well fixed to the wall or to the floor. In this way, tilting the drinker and getting the chicks wet is avoided.
Simple containers in the form of a small basin or bowl are very uncomfortable. They quickly become clogged, they are easy to turn. So that the birds constantly drink clean water, it is better to spend some time and organize a quality device.
Attention! Constructing a device for supplying drink should take into account that young chickens consume a lot of liquid, so you need to choose a capacious capacity.
Plastic Bottle Fittings
Drinking a bottle of plastic bottles is considered the most inexpensive option. Material for its manufacture is in every home.
To make the simplest version you need:
- 1.5 ml bottle
- sharp knife or scissors
- wire or thick thread for fastening.
Make an easy drinking bowl like this:
- The bottle is placed in a horizontal position.
- Marker produce markup future holes drinkers. They should get 3-4.
- Cut holes in the picture. If you look at the design side, armholes reach the middle of the bottle.
- Twist the cork.
It remains to attach the drinker to the wall and pour water into it.
The vacuum version of the chickens drinker has proved itself well - water is automatically added as it decreases.
In order for pets to quench their thirst without any problems, you need to take:
- 2 bottles with a capacity of 5 and 2 liters,
- self-tapping screw for fastening covers,
- knife or scissors.
The manufacturing process of the vacuum device is as follows:
- Approximately 1/5 of the large bottle is cut off. On it should remain a neck with a lid.
- To the big cover from within a screw fix a twist from a small bottle.
- At a height of about 1.5 cm from the neck in 2-liter capacity, 2 small holes are made.
- Fill the smaller bottle with water and screw it into the bonded lids.
The design is inverted and placed in a chicken coop. For stability, it is additionally attached to the wall. The water level in such a drinker is always at the height of the holes.
Nippelny automatic device
When planning the cultivation of a large number of birds, the best option would be a nipple drinker for chickens. To make the device with your own hands do not need special skills and materials.
For auto-drinkers, it is enough to have:
- nipples, the number of which depends on the livestock,
- a piece of plastic pipe with a diameter of 2-3 cm,
- a piece of watering hose of the same diameter
- water tank, such as a bucket.
Drinkers do the following:
- On the pipe mark the place where the nipples will be installed. The distance between them is 10-20 cm.
- Holes are drilled on the outline.
- The nipples are screwed into the holes. If necessary, compacted.
- Put a cap on one end of the pipe.
- On the other side there is a watering hose attached to a container with water. The latter is set much higher than the location of the drinker in the hen house.
They hang the pipe with nipples at such a level that the chickens can reach it unhindered.
Council So that the capacity does not become a hindrance and it was easier to take care of it, it is better to install a tank with water outside the room.
Option of plastic sewer pipes
Sections of plastic pipes remaining after the construction of the sewage system are also suitable material for feeding water to the bird.
For the production of their own drinkers for chickens required:
• a piece of plastic pipe with a diameter of about 10 cm of the desired length,
• barrier covers,
• bypass part, through which water will be poured,
• knife, file.
Design the drinker as follows:
- A hot knife or sharp saw makes one or more holes.
- В определенных местах фиксируют держатели труб, а после и саму трубу.
Поилка из канализационной трубы больше подходит для уже подросших птиц.
Сделать самостоятельно поилку для цыплят доступно каждому. Для этого не понадобятся какие-либо специальные или дорогостоящие устройства. Вариантов конструкции много, поэтому подобрать подходящий не составит труда.
Basic requirements for drinkers
To keep the birds from getting hurt and sick, each design must have certain requirements:
- Drinkers for chickens are made with their own hands from a harmless material, such as food grade plastic. To prevent chickens from getting hurt, they should not have sharp edges.
- Metallic elements, interacting with the means of medicine in the construction, emit chemicals that may adversely affect the health of birds.
- Painting designs done inside.
- So that when falling, the drinking bowl does not harm the bird, it should be light and durable.
- So that the drinker does not fall and the water does not overflow, a reliable fastening is made.
- The tank should always be filled with water, so it should be equipped with an automatic feed.
- The design should be well washed from the sediment formed at the bottom and other contaminants.
- In winter, the water in the tank may freeze. To prevent this from happening, do-it-yourself heating elements and are installed above the trough. You can replace them with heaters for aquariums.
What not to do?
Often, beginning poultry farmers put open water tanks in poultry houses. This is the biggest mistake and faces serious consequences:
- Dust particles, droppings, various insects often fall into an open container. During the day, the water becomes polluted and a pathogenic environment that is dangerous for birds will begin to develop.
- Adult chickens or smart chicks can overturn the tank and remain without water for a day.
- From an open container in hot weather, the water evaporates quickly.
- Sometimes, chickens, getting into an open self-made capacity, get wet and overcool, and even sink.
How to make a drinker for chickens? For making take 1.5 or 2 - liter plastic bottle. The container is placed in a horizontal position and secured. Cut a few small holes. If the holes are made too large, a chicken can climb there or feed can get there. Then, the container is half filled with water.
Drinkers for chickens with their own hands in big houses are made of sewer pipes with a diameter of 100 mm. The pipe on both sides is closed with plugs and the required number of holes are cut out. Capacity can be hung, attached to the wall or on the floor - it depends on the size and age of the bird.
When installing a vacuum drinker no tools required. It belongs to the type of independent structures, it is easy to install, maintain and change. It is made from a 3 - liter jar, drinking tray, wire, aluminum sheet. Usually, such drinkers are installed for small chickens, which are located and feed on the floor. To make a vacuum drinker with your own hands, you need:
- The aluminum sheet is twisted with a diameter of 16 cm and a height of 11.5 cm. Its edges are twisted with wire.
- At a distance of 4 cm from the edge make a small hole with a diameter of 5 mm.
- A finished sheet is put on the jar so that there is 4 cm from the neck to the edge of the sheet.
- Water is poured into the jar and covered with a tray.
- Then the drinker is turned upside down and placed on the prepared stand.
- When the chickens begin to grow, put wooden dies under the tray.
Pluses drinking bowls - water is always on the same level. You can make the same design, only from a plastic bottle. Make it as follows:
- The lid of a two-liter plastic bottle is fixed in the center of the bowl. The thread should be out.
- At the bottom of the bottle put on the mount for which it will hang.
- To keep the water constantly at the same level, a small hole is made near the neck. The hole must be below the edge of the pallet.
- Then the container is filled with water and twist the lid with a bowl.
- Feeding is ready. In contrast to the design with a can, this cup is suspended and raised higher as the birds grow.
Drinking bowl for broilers do-it-yourself, nipple
To make poultry care easier, you can create a nipple drinker with your own hands. Such constructions will be required if you breed broilers. It is very important to unsolder them. Drinkers for chickens can be done in two ways. The first method is more complicated. The design is connected to the central water supply. For this you need a container, nipples with drip catchers, a plastic pipe, a water regulator, a tap, caps, a hacksaw.
- Holes 9 mm in diameter are marked and drilled on the pipe. The distance between them should be about 20 cm.
- A thread is cut under the pipe nipple.
- Nipples are wrapped with silicone tape and screwed into the finished holes until it stops. This is done so that there are no water leaks.
- On one side of the pipe we put on the cap.
- At the other end of the pipe put on the hose.
- To prevent the litter near the trough from getting wet, we put on drip catchers on the nipple.
- Using wire or screws, the structure is fixed on the wall. The place for installation is chosen in the shade, as the plastic begins to emit harmful substances in the sun.
- The hose is connected to the water supply.
- When the broilers start to grow, the feeder moves higher.
If this is difficult for you, there is an easier way to make a chickpea drinker. Simple and convenient, suitable for both small chickens and adult chickens. For this you need a plastic bucket, nipples and a drill..
- Several small holes are drilled in a 10 liter bucket.
- Dress holes in the holes.
- The design is suspended to a height suitable for the growth of chickens.
- The bucket is filled with water.
Whatever design you do, but by changing the watering system in the house, the level of hygiene will be much better.
Unlike other designs Cup, the most simple and very comfortable. Inside the small bowl the tongue floats. In full capacity, it rises to the top, blocking the flow of water from the hose. When water begins to decrease, the tongue descends, while the hose opens, and a new fluid begins to flow.
How to teach chickens to drinker?
Adult chickens, living in herds, are well aware of what a drinking bowl is. Seeing where the rest of the birds are drinking, they follow each other. Chickens are attracted by black and colored grains, and out of curiosity, they begin to peck at everything in a row. The shiny tip of the nipple will instinctively attract them. Having swallowed the water, the chicks gradually get used to such a system. Drinking bowls need to be put from the first days of life of birds. In order for the chicken to pay attention to the vacuum construction, several tea leaves are added to the water. The nestling will understand what to do.when pecking a floating seagull.
Regardless of the design and method of manufacture, the chicken drinkers made by themselves must meet the following requirements:
- Convenience for use by birds
- The presence of protection against pollution and water spills chickens,
- Material safety
- Structural reliability
- Having the possibility of washing the drinkers from the sediment.
Open type drinkers are usually located at the level of the back of adult chickens to ensure their ease of drinking and to prevent them from swimming in drinking water.
The design should not have sharp edges or protruding nails, which birds can injure.
It is important to remember that drinkers must be made of lightweight durable materials and firmly fixed in place in the chicken coop so that the chickens could not overturn or damage the drinkers. Do not use glass containers in construction due to their heavy weight and danger of breaking.
For plastic parts of the drinker that come into contact with water, it is advisable to use food grade plastic. In particular, it is not recommended to use containers for paints or varnishes for storing water, since these containers are made of plastic that releases substances harmful to birds.
When choosing a type of drinker, it is important to take into account the availability of materials for its production on the farm or the possibility of their acquisition. Some designs can have several options for implementation, for example, vacuum and siphon drinkers can be made from a plastic bottle, and nipple plastic will require a more solid one.
Vacuum drinker is an inverted container with water, lowered neck in a bowl for drinking. Water is held in the tank due to the difference in air pressure in it and atmospheric pressure on the water that has protruded in the bowl. Thus, the water in the bowl automatically comes as you drink to the level of the edge of the container neck (tank).
This drinker is the easiest to manufacture. Vacuum drinkers will require:
- Plastic tank with a volume of 5-10 liters with a narrow neck,
- A bowl or a plastic bowl 10 cm high (for adult chickens) and 2-3 cm for young animals,
- Tank mounts,
- Screwdriver or screwdriver,
- Screws for fasteners.
A plastic bottle or any other household container may be suitable as a plastic tank, but it is important to remember that the neck of the container must be smaller in diameter than the bowl.
The installation of the vacuum drinker takes place in the following steps:
- Determine the installation location of the drinker (near one of the walls of the coop),
- To the wall, screws for the tank are screwed onto the wall at the calculated height,
- Drinking water is collected in the tank.
- A bowl is leaning against the hole in the tank
- A tank with a bowl must be quickly turned over to avoid spilling water on the hen house floor,
- The tank is fixed with fasteners.
The height of the bowl can be changed, depending on the age of the bird, by placing plywood plates under the bowl. Fasteners for the tank should be installed so that the tank is easily removable for rinsing and filling with fresh water.
If an additional hole is drilled from the top of a solid plastic tank from the top, the process of adding water will be much simpler, since this will no longer require removing the tank from the fixings.
Ready-drilled tanks for vacuum drinkers can be purchased in the construction markets.
It is important to remember that in the absence of the top opening in the tank its volume should not exceed 20 liters, otherwise it will be difficult to change and rinse such a tank.
It is not necessary to install a vacuum drinker with a hole at the top near the wall of the chicken coop, it can be installed on a stand both in the center of the chicken coop and in the aviary.
Such a drinker requires regular pouring of water, but is very easy to install and allows you to pour water outside the coop. For its manufacture will need:
- Flexible tube with a diameter of 3-8 mm with a bolt (tap)
- Water tank,
- Drinking bowl,
- Fastener for tank and tube,
- Tube diameter drill /
As a tube, any rubber hose or medical rubber tubes for the dropper are suitable.
The procedure for installing a siphon drinker:
- Drill a hole in the wall of the coop at a distance of 30-50 cm from the floor,
- Push the flexible tube through the hole so that its inner end falls almost to the floor, and the shutter is located outside the room,
- Fasten the water tank to the outside of the coop with the help of fasteners; the bottom of the tank should be 5-15 cm above the hole for the tube,
- Seal the outer end of the tube with a bolt tightly to the bottom of the tank,
- Attach the inside of the tube to the wall of the chicken coop with fixings
- Set against the wall drinking bowl,
- Lower the inner end of the tube into the bowl,
- Pour water tank.
To fill the bowl with water, open the valve outside and wait 10-20 seconds, then close it. The exact time of filling the farmer should be established empirically.
The bowl should be small in size and fit snugly to the wall with fasteners to prevent it from turning over, but it can be easily removed to remove debris from it.
You can combine siphon and vacuum drinkers into a single design, if you use a tank closed from above to ensure a pressure difference, then you do not need to open and close the valve on the tube each time to fill the bowl, and use it only when cleaning the tank from mold.
Cup drinking bowl
The following materials will be required to make a cup drinker:
- Plastic cup with a capacity of 200-250 ml
- Plastic water tank,
- Sections of a water pipe with a diameter of 50 and 20 mm,
- Pipe plugs
- Spring uncoupling height of 5 cm and a diameter of 20 mm,
- Silicone gasket,
- Drill 5 mm
- A short steel bar with a diameter of 4 mm and a length of 5-6 cm,
- Pipe fittings,
- Wood screws,
- Plywood pads 2 by 2 cm.
The dimensions of the plastic cup should be selected depending on the number of chickens.
From one wide cup with a diameter of 25 mm, up to 5 birds can be drunk at the same time, so for at least 20 heads you will need at least two drinkers, provided that the birds drink in turns.
A schematic diagram of the device of the cup drinker is shown in Figure 4.
Its principle of operation is such that when the drinking bowl is empty, the spring expands and the gasket departs from the hole between the joint of the wide and narrow pipes, and water from the tank enters the cup from above. When the cup is filled with water, its weight increases and compresses the spring, blocking access to the water with a silicone gasket.
Procedure for making a cup drinker:
- Fasteners are attached to the cup with self-tapping screws with gaskets so that it can be used to drill a through hole in the horizontal plane to rotate the cup as shown in fig. four,
- A piece with a length of 20-25 cm is cut from a pipe with a diameter of 50 mm,
- A plug is installed on the pipe section, in which a hole with a diameter of 20 mm is carefully made in the center,
- Burrs plugs should be directed inside the pipe,
- The pipe makes the necessary slots for fixing the axis of the movable cup,
- A 50 mm length of pipe is fixed in the floor of the chicken coop or open-air cage with the plug up,
- A spring is installed in the pipe,
- A pad of waterproof glue is attached to the fastener cup.
- The cup is installed on the axle (steel bar),
- A tube with a diameter of 20 mm is sealed to the top of the plug,
- A narrow tube connects above with a water tank.
- Water is supplied to the system.
It should be remembered that the fastener cup must pass water into it and have a hole in the diameter of the silicone gasket.
It is best to make a hole in the cap using a piece of iron heated on a fire (for example, fittings) of suitable diameter. To remove and clean the tank in a narrow pipe, a tap and a separating tight clamp must be installed, as in a nipple drinker.
Before mounting the cup drinker, you should accurately determine the number of movable cups depending on the number of chickens. When installing several cups, you should plan their location in the chicken coop and connect all the narrow tubes extending from each wide tube fixed to the floor with a cup, using connecting adapters with one common tube leading to the water tank.
From plastic bottle
With a small number of chickens in a simple and economical way to install a drinker from a plastic bottle. In this drinker there is no automatic water supply system, but its production is much simpler compared to the above described designs.
For installation, you need to take a plastic bottle with a volume of one and a half or two liters and cut holes that are 3–4 cm long and 1.5 cm wide in it longer. water chickens. Close the bottle cap tightly.
In the simplest version, fresh water is poured into the drinker directly through drinking openings, but it is possible to combine this design with other types of drinkers for automatic water supply, for example, by lowering the siphon drinker hose into one of the openings.
When installing several bottle drinkers, they can be filled from one common open tank using tubes with plugs (siphon-type) or sealed to a tank tightly closed from above (vacuum type).
So, in the manufacture of drinkers for chickens, it is important to take into account the number of birds and the structure of the chicken coop, as well as the ability to regularly maintain the created structure. Careful selection of materials and processing of metal burrs during installation will create a reliable design and will not allow chickens to get hurt.