Most people who have taken on the upbringing of a baby cat, wonder about what to feed a kitten, which is 1.5 months old? The activity and health of the baby now depends only on the person, and the wrong diet can disrupt the work of vital organs.
At this age, the baby has time to teach other foods besides breast milk, but still it remains the main component of its nutrition. Everyone should be aware that at this age fluffy cannot be separated from the mother, only she will be able to inculcate in him all the necessary habits and good upbringing, to fully feed him. But still there are moments when the fate of the baby will depend only on the person. At such moments, the question becomes relevant: how to feed the kittens for 1.5 months?
Let's understand the rules of nutrition of such crumbs, find out all the nuances on which the health and life of the baby will depend.
What can not feed a kitten?
Everyone knows that chips and cola are harmful to a child’s health. He should not give these products, as they have a detrimental effect on the body. The same goes for cat babies, their bodies cannot process some products. To keep the kitten healthy and active, eliminate the following foods from its diet:
- The liver is only useful for humans, and for cats does not have much benefit. If you give it to a kitten, then in vain - it is an empty product for him.
- Even if you feed your baby dry food (dipped in water), you still need to make a variety. For example, you can give meat, dairy products.
- River fish, even boiled, is a carrier of all sorts of parasites. She should not be given to the kitten.
- Sausage, smoked meat, lard, fish and other similar products - food only for people. It contains a lot of fat, salt, seasonings and other components harmful to the body. By the way, this applies not only to cat health.
- Sweets for children, not for kittens. They spoil the teeth, and in general sugar is harmful to animals.
- Dog food! Never give one, even if the cat is over. Go to the store and buy. In extreme cases, give natural food.
- Bread and other flour products.
If you follow our advice, you will see that the baby can grow up healthy and strong even without his mother. This article is written solely on the basis of recommendations from veterinarians. Do not use the advice of friends who claim that they are hungry, they will eat everything. Imagine that this is your child, and you need to feed him properly. Nutrition kitten from birth to one year should be special, like our children!
What can be given a kitten?
Not all products are beneficial and safe for cats. And the list of what you can feed a kitten is even smaller, because at 2 - 3 months of age, some types of food may simply not be absorbed by the body of the baby.
- The first thing to learn: cats belong to carnivores. So, the basis of their diet should be protein food. Meat should occupy at least half of the total volume of food (and for some breeds, such as the savanna or Bengal cat, this amount should be increased to 60, or even 80%).
- Vegetables, eggs, dairy products and cereals should be an addition to food, and not its main part. It is better not to get involved in cereals: the mass fraction of cereals in a daily portion of a kitten can reach up to 20-30%, but not more.
The list of what you can feed a kitten, in general, differs little from the menu of an adult cat, although there are several types of food that babies can be given only in limited quantities or upon reaching a certain age.
The following products are suitable for a kitten:
- Meat Kittens are best suited for beef, although other low-fat varieties (chicken, turkey, veal, game) are assimilated by their body perfectly. But any fatty meat, such as pork or lamb, is strictly prohibited. A bird with flat bones (duck, goose) is also desirable to exclude. And the meat ration can be supplemented with offal of the same varieties that are useful for the kitten: heart, kidneys, liver, lung, ventricles and cervical cartilage of birds.
- Vegetables. Of these, only legumes, eggplant and tomatoes are harmful. All the rest, well cooked, can be given even to small kittens.
- Cereals. Among them are considered useful oatmeal, buckwheat, rice groats. You can also give barley, but wheat, pearl barley and others, containing a large amount of carbohydrates, should not be given.
- Eggs, especially quail. They are necessary for a kitten, but in small quantities: 1 - 2 times a week in the first year of life is more than enough. It is best to boil them, but occasionally you can give raw. Note that in chicken eggs, cats can be given only the yolk, while quail eggs will benefit in general.
- Disputes about whether it is possible to feed the kittens with fish, are still going on. Fish is far from being the product a cat needs, as most people used to think. Adult cats can give it no more than several times a month, following all precautions. Kittens up to 2 - 3 months it is better not to offer. However, even at an older age, the fish can only be given boiled, and the “ear” should be spared from the smallest bones.
- Dairy products . Among them, you need to choose those that do not contain sugar or sweeteners and are characterized by low fat content. This may be kefir, ryazhenka, whey, yogurt, as well as cream and sour cream with a fat content of not more than 10%.
- Brewer's yeast and egg shredded in a coffee grinder. They supply the missing minerals in the animal's body.
Choosing the better to feed the kitten (with meat or offal), it is better to stay on a reasonable compromise. Heart, liver or lung can be given several times a week, replacing them, during one of the feedings, the usual meat. The same applies to other products.
Try to diversify the diet of kittens, the products can and should be mixed. Moreover, the taste buds of animals are arranged differently than in humans, and oatmeal with the addition of meat, vegetables and egg yolk seems to them an incredibly tasty delicacy.
Features feeding kittens
There are a few simple rules that will help a kitten grow healthy and vigorous:
- All products must be prepared without salt and spices.
- Raw vegetables for about half a year should not be given: they must be boiled or braised in a small amount of water.
- Clean water should always be poured into a wide and shallow bowl.
- Before you feed the kitten, check the food with your finger: it must be a little warmer than room temperature, otherwise the baby may burn not only the mouth, but also the esophagus.
- When introducing new products into the diet, you need to be very careful: no more than 1 product is added every day, and the first portion should be very small, just to make sure that the body of the crumbs accepts new food well.
The question is quite debatable whether it is possible to feed the kitten with milk. Of course, it is too vital for a baby who is cut off from the mother too early. But cow's milk, which is easiest to get, is much fatter than feline, and in kittens it causes a violation of the bowels. It is best to use for this purpose special mixtures sold in veterinary stores. In extreme cases, you can buy goat's milk, or dilute cow's water with warm water in proportions of 1: 1.
Feeding a monthly kitten
If in the first month of life the kitten eats only the milk of the mom-cat, then from 5 weeks of this food he no longer has enough. During this period, you need to begin to teach the child to adult food. The first time is better to dwell on fermented milk products, such as kefir and ryazhenka, and milk suspensions.
Do not buy feeding bottles, unless your pet is so weak that it cannot drink on its own. It is necessary to accustom to a bowl from the beginning of the second month. A little later, when the kitten already learns to independently lap from the bowl, you can try to give it some soft pate for kittens. Or, if you choose natural food, liquid porridge with minced or ground meat.
How to feed the kittens in 2 months?
From week 9 it is necessary to gradually increase the amount of solid food in the kitten's diet. Meat and vegetables need to be cut very finely, but you should not grind: minced meat is poorly processed by the stomach of predators. Cereals, still, must be boiled with plenty of water and be very liquid. Dairy products and milk are important: their mass fraction should be about half of all food.
Many people, deciding how often to feed a kitten at this age, make a mistake: they reduce feedings purely because of their employment at work. You can not do this. Five, in extreme cases, four meals - this is the necessary minimum for a two-month crumbs.
If the schedule does not allow you to give food to a kitten at the right time, you can use the “free method”: always keep a little kefir or soft food in a bowl so that the kitten can eat every time he feels hungry. And 2 - 3 times a day to arrange a full meal for your pet, which will include all the necessary products. This method, among other things, will help him quickly remember the place of feeding.
3 months: go to adult food
At this age, the amount of fermented milk products should be reduced to of the total volume of food, and whole milk should be completely removed from the diet. It is safe to feed the kitten with milk only for 12 weeks, after which in most animals lactose is no longer absorbed.
All products by this time can be cut a little larger, and make porridge not so liquid. If the animal is interested, you can begin to give raw vegetables - zucchini, cucumbers, potatoes.
Feeding a 4-5 month old kitten
The diet of a four-month-old kitten hardly differs from that of an adult cat, except the number of feedings per day and the consistency of food. Solid food to this age almost completely replaces liquid portions. The consistency of vegetable and cereal dishes is better to do in the thick: as in high-quality sour cream. Although it depends on the passions of the animal itself: many people until old age refuse to eat food that is not diluted with broths or water to the state of liquid soup.
It is better to transfer to dry food at this age, not earlier. For the first time, the granules can be soaked in water to make them more familiar to the kitten. In the same period, you can begin to give sea fish. Of course, it must be boiled and cleaned of bones.
The choice of how to feed a little kitten, regular food or ready-made food, everyone makes their own. But on how careful and careful you will be when preparing food for your pet, depends not only on his health, but also on the duration of his life.
Features of the development of kittens in 1.5 months
A month and a half is the age of kittens when they begin to resemble more and more like adult animals. During this period there is a socialization of small animals. Behavioral attitudes and feeding habits are grafted.
Features of development of kittens in 1.5 months:
- Active growth, development. For the proper course of these processes, a growing body needs a lot of energy, which is spent in large quantities. A balanced diet with the inclusion of all the necessary nutrients, nutrients will help to fill it.
- Skill development. By 1.5 months, the kittens begin to wash themselves, lick the fur. They also learn to pan, learn to exercise hunting instincts, control the release of claws, run, play with each other.
- Start feeding. At the age of one and a half months, the young still feed on the mother's milk, but the body needs a transition to solid foods. During this period, the owner must decide which ration to inoculate - ready-made food or natural food.
- Cognition of the world. Although the kittens are already ready to feed on their own, it is not recommended to take them away from the mother at 1.5 months. She still has to raise the cubs, instill in them cleanliness, teach social skills. Having a mother is also important because of unstable thermoregulation, so the cat will warm its offspring.
From 1 to 2 months of life, kittens normally become active, playful, and curious. Their eyes become clear, fully open, the body begins to develop harmoniously. The kittens keep their heads steadily, walk confidently, although still clumsily.
Prikorm nursing kitten
The first 4 days of life kittens feed on colostrum. This secret is high in calories, high in fat, vitamins, minerals, antibodies and proteins. It helps to strengthen the intestines due to the colonization of the walls with useful microflora. Then feeding occurs cat milk.
After the onset of one month of age, milk is no longer enough for all the needs of a growing organism. If there are many cubs in the litter, then this moment comes even earlier. Therefore, it is necessary to gradually introduce complementary foods. In kittens, by the age of 1.5 months, the sense of smell begins to work actively, so they sense odors that warm up their appetite.
Adding to milk products or feeds rich in proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, will help replenish energy reserves, direct nutrients to meet the needs of a growing body. Trace elements will be used to strengthen the musculoskeletal system.
The lure of the suckling kitten does not have a clear plan and start time. If babies by 1.5 months still feed on mother's milk, then you should not rush to the inclusion of new products, until they begin to show interest in the flavor of food.
Interesting! Sometimes kittens do not react to the food they supply, then it is necessary to warm them up slightly. They do not perceive cold food, as the cat's milk, to which they are accustomed, is warm.
Allowed natural products for the first feeding:
- Whole, homemade goat milk. Cows are not recommended due to the high content of milk sugar,
- low-fat meat broth (rabbit, chicken, veal),
- chopped boiled meat (minced meat) with broth or independently prepared pate.
If the choice fell on the fodder of industrial preparation, then natural products do not give, and immediately introduce ready-made food. A good option is semi-moist food mixed with lean meat broth. If the kittens are weak, lagging behind in growth, then ready pate will do.
Feeding a kitten without a mother
Without mom kittens remain for various reasons. Then feeding and growing abandoned offspring passes into the hands of the owner. Instead of cat milk, artificial substitutes are used, baby milk formulas, or self-prepared feed.
Practical experience suggests that artificial kittens used to be ready for the first podkorm.
This is due to the lack of mother's milk, which makes their digestive tract stronger and less susceptible. Therefore, you can start the lure at the age of one month.
Eating a kitten without a mother is a difficult stage in the lives of the little ones and the owner. After artificial feeding, new products are introduced slowly, with control of the reaction. If diarrhea, vomiting, a sign of an allergy is detected, then administration attempts are postponed for a month.
By the age of one and a half months, the kitten's weight reaches 0.5–0.7 kg. They are ready to eat on their own. When choosing a home diet, the owner should know which natural products are allowed to kittens at this age.
- Dairy products (cottage cheese, ryazhenka, sour milk, sour cream, kefir). They really like kids. Usefulness - a high content of calcium, necessary for strengthening bones, teeth. Sour milk products are taken low or medium fat.
- A fish. Include in the diet carefully, as the kitten at first she may not like it. For complementary foods taken low-fat varieties (pollock, cod, flounder) without bones, fins. Ideal - fillet, pre-scalded boiling water. Giving fish is recommended no more than once every 7 days.
- Meat. At the age of one and a half months it is given only in boiled form. For the first feeding fit canned baby meat. Gradually, you can include rabbit, chicken, veal, turkey. Meat is boiled, finely ground, better on a grater.
- Vegetables. Vegetable food must be present in the diet of one and a half month old kittens. For the first feeding you can take canned baby canned food. Green vegetables are most useful - broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, fresh greens.
- Cereals. Give in the form of well-cooked cereals. For nutrition at the age of 1.5 months, suitable buckwheat, rice, barley, millet. At first, it is better to buy long cooking flakes.
These products are introduced gradually, starting with an easily digestible food. You can not give them together, it is better to include one product in 1-3 days, watching the reaction. If symptoms of intolerance are not detected, then the product remains on a permanent basis.
If a kitten grows and develops quickly, showing interest in meat products, it is sometimes possible to give pieces of raw or frozen beef.
When choosing a ready-made diet, the first complementary foods are made on the basis of industrial feed. Перед этим необходимо определиться в готовности тратиться на качественную продукцию, так как кошкам рекомендованы корма только Премиум или Супер-премиум.
Меню для полуторамесячного котёнка:
- заменители кошачьего молока (если котята кормились без матери, то они продолжают входить в рацион),
- мясные кусочки в соусе, подливе, желе – полувлажные корма,
- pies, mousses, pastes - wet food.
Important! The inclusion of moisture-containing feeds is extremely necessary, as babies rarely drink plain water.
Among cat milk replacers, Katzenmilch (Canina), Babycat Milk (Royal Canin), Lactol Kitty Milk (Beaphar) are distinguished.
- Katzenmilch - suitable for kittens from day one. It contains very little lactose, so well perceived by the digestive system. The composition includes proteins, lipids, ash, fiber. Useful substances: vitamins of group B, A, E, D, C, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, selenium, other components. Give the kittens along with the main feed. The mixture is prepared before each feeding.
- Babycat Milk - suitable for kittens from birth to 2 months. Contains whey and milk proteins, useful lipids, vegetable oils, fish oil, fiber. Useful substances: vitamins A and D, iron, iodine, manganese, zinc, selenium, taurine. Substitute provides harmonious growth, health of the digestive system. The amount of lactose as close to cat milk. The mixture is dissolved in warm water.
- Lactol Kitty Milk - a good option for moving from cat milk, feeding motherless kittens. Contains proteins, fiber, fats, ashes, fatty acids. Nutrients: a complex of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, methionine, taurine. They have a positive effect on the brain, memory, ability to learn. The mixture is dissolved in hot water. He can be stored in the refrigerator for a day.
If the kitten is weak, does not grow well, does not eat cat milk replacers, then the formula includes infant formula: Malyutka, Nestogen, Nutrilon. The main thing - low lactose, no sugar.
For a comfortable transition from substitutes or mother's milk to solid foods, mousse for kittens from Royal Canin is well suited. It can be given up to 4 months. 2 methods of reception are recommended: only mousse or mixing with dry feeds.
Ingredients include meat, meat products, cereals, vegetable products, oils, fats, yeast, carbohydrates. Nutritional supplements - vitamin D, iodine, copper, iron, manganese, zinc.
When choosing dry feeds, it is recommended to give them immediately, without testing the kittens with natural food.
For one and half months babies, the best way to take them is dry granules swollen in water. They contain a complete set of necessary substances. When feeding with dry food, a bowl of water must be placed nearby.
Water is extremely important for the growing body. It participates in metabolic processes, blood formation, performs other functions. However, when feeding with mother's milk or substitutes, the kitten may refuse an additional source of fluid.
Before including solid food in the diet, you must make sure that the kitten can drink water. After each use of food, he must go to the drinking bowl, this must be followed. Dehydration quickly reduces the strength of a small animal, which can be fatal.
Sometimes the kitten just does not know how to drink. Then you should show him what to do. To do this, bring the kitten to the drinker, dip a finger in the water, wet the pet's nose with it. It will lick off the liquid that will arouse interest in self-drinking.
Remember! The water in the bowl should be clean - it is better to take the filtered or purchased in the store. Changing the contents of the drinker is required every day.
Proper feeding mode allows you to control the work of the digestive system, to accustom to the tray. It is set from birth to six months.
It is recommended to adhere to the following scheme:
- up to 2 weeks - 10 times
- to the first month - 8 times,
- up to 2 months - 7 times
- by the third month - 6 times.
Portions should be small. It is better to give more often, so as not to overfeed the animal. At 1.5 months, the number of meals is 6-7 times a day, you do not need to feed at night. If the kittens eat substitutes, then food is given on request.
Vitamins and supplements
In the diet kittens need to include vitamins and supplements that will help make the food more balanced and full. This is especially recommended for artificial kittens and when feeding with natural products.
Remember! When feeding breast milk, ready-made feed introduction of additives is not required. Their excess is no less dangerous than the deficit.
Foods rich in nutrients:
- vegetable oils (olive, linseed, sunflower),
- dry brewer's yeast,
- vegetables, greens,
- meat and bone meal.
For a growing baby, a rare amino acid is very necessary - taurine. It is found in turkey, rabbit, chicken by-products (hearts, liver), whole milk, homemade yogurt.
With a lack of natural sources of useful substances, you can give pharmaceutical means: fatty acids, vitamins of group B, fish oil. Complex vitamin and mineral supplements are widespread.
What can not feed the kitten and a half
The owner, making up a diet for a small pet, asks a new question: "What can not be fed a six and a half kitten?".
List of banned products:
- animal fat, skin from birds, bones,
- dried, dried, smoked, raw fish. Freshwater species are also banned.
- sweet fruits (banana, grapes, mango, others),
- sweets, pastries,
- soybeans, mushrooms,
- expired products
- dog food,
- food from the host table,
- stimulants (chocolate, coffee, tea),
- salty, with an abundance of spices, pickle dishes.
The following products are given with care: raw pork, sea fish, chicken eggs, cow's milk, shop chicken, chicken liver, cereals. With their introduction, you should closely monitor the reaction of the pet.
A month and a half is the age of the kitten when it starts becoming an adult. Habits, food, change, so the owner must take this into account. Kittens in 1.5 months feed habits, depending on the type of diet.
To feed a kitten for 1 month according to all canons it is necessary to adhere to the rules:
- do not feed the baby stuffing
- add to the kitten's diet vitamins,
- Do not give poultry meat until the crumb begins to chew beef,
- To control the pet's reaction to unfamiliar products, a new food should be given gradually, one product per day.
If the crumbs need to be taught to dry food, do it as follows: soak a small amount of food in boiled water. Then smear the gruel over the kitten in the sky. Repeat this process several times, each time soaking the food a little less. Repeat the procedure until the pet starts to nibble on the food itself.
For a kitten, the term of life - one month is not enough and he, like any baby, needs milk formulas. To compensate for the need for this useful product, boiled milk with a small amount of honey is fine (a small spoon is enough per glass). If when choosing a dairy product to talk about priorities, then the choice is better to stop on the cream (8% fat). If possible, it would be nice if you pamper your baby with goat milk or some fermented milk product:
Solid foods like cereal, cheese, enter into the diet of a kitten in 1 month should be gradually and gradually. Be sure to give your baby plenty of water. Best of all, if the basis of solid food take semolina.
Then you can add a little curd to it. After that, the kitten can be treated with boiled egg, but not all, but only the yolk. Egg should be given a couple of times a week. It would be better if you stretch it beforehand, and not feed the crumb to pieces. The same applies to the subsequent product - meat and fish. They should also be cut into small strips. Any other solid product can be mixed with porridge. According to the rules of feeding the fish, the kitten should be given no more than once every 5-7 days, while it is better to cook it or chop it very finely. It is not recommended to give salted and smoked fish to kittens at one month of age.
A separate item put vegetables and fruits.
Vitamins and Fiber
Baby can and should be fed with products containing many vitamins:
To pet successfully coped with the proposed delicacy, the product will need to be grated. Once a week you can feed your baby with soup without any seasoning. Vegetables and fruits make sense to give only occasionally - 1-2 times a week and a little bit.
In general, these are the main provisions concerning what to feed the kittens without a cat. If you follow at least some of the recommendations and give the crumbs vitamins, then the pet will develop in the right direction and please you with good health and good appetite.
How to teach a monthly kitten to eat independently?
So we touched on one of the main issues regarding the care of a monthly kitten - how and when it is necessary to teach him to eat independently and it will take time to complete this procedure. Usually the kitten begins to show interest in the saucer at the age of three weeks. At this time, he is more interested in the process of eating food by adult animals than in the feed itself.
But in any case, a three-week age is the best period to begin to teach a kitten to eat independently.
Should start with milk. To do this, pour the milk into the cat's saucer, then dip a finger in it and lick the baby off. The cub will quickly realize that this is a very tasty delicacy and will reach for the bowl. After that, the kitten can already poke its muzzle into the milk, but the main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise the baby may get scared or choke. After the kitten licked its attractive face several times, you can try to give it freedom of movement. Most likely, the pet will reach for the saucer and after a short hitch the nature will take its toll and it will start to lap. If the attempt was unsuccessful from the first time, the procedure should be repeated.
At first, a crumb can sniff and even sneeze - this is normal, because he is just learning. Another kitten can get carried away and climb with its paws right into the cup, such moments need to be stopped and the animal returned to its normal position for food. To do this, pull the baby's limbs out of the saucer and rub them. If the situation repeats, hold the animal, letting him know that it is impossible to do so. Then such incidents will stop.
Be attentive and patient with your little animal, and in a few days the kitten will start to eat on its own. In general, in this case, age does not matter in principle, here it is most important to show patience and diligence. When the kitten begins to feed itself, do not rush to stuff it with raw meat and potatoes. After all, feeding a kitten from 1 to 3 months should be planned taking into account its unformed organism and for the best result it is better to allow the pet to gradually recognize other foods besides milk.
Diet of monthly kittens
What is the best diet for a monthly kitten - dry food or natural food? This is a difficult question and in the breeders' circles for many years now there are serious debates about the advantages of a certain type of feeding.
Of course, if we take as a basis food, in which the manufacturer laid everything that the crumbs need for health: vitamins, trace elements and other useful additives, then it would be nice if you feed a month-old kitten with just such food. In addition, the owner of the animal is freed from many conventions that appear in people who feed the crumbs homemade food. And from the point of view of veterinary doctors, balanced feeding is useful for the full development of a pet. But is dry kit food suitable for your kitten, and is there everything in it that the manufacturer promises. Yes, maybe you just raised more than one generation of kittens on healthy homemade food, and do not trust suspicious dry pieces. The situations are different, so we will analyze both options, and which of them suits your kitten, you will choose yourself. But for any outcome, you should remember the basic important rules:
- Let's call the first rule - "either-or." It means that if you started feeding a monthly kitten with natural products, you should not add dry food to its diet. After all, different foods are digested in different ways. In addition, a kitten who consumes dry food, drinks much more fluid than a pet, eating only natural products. Therefore, if you want to save the animal from troubles such as gastroenteritis, coprostasis and other gastrointestinal ills, then follow the first rule.
- Further, whether it is possible to feed a monthly kitten with different feeds is better not. If you have chosen for the crumbs of food of a certain brand, then stop at it. After all, each brand has its own distinctive features and certain components. If the feed is mixed or changed, then the risk that the kitten will receive certain problems related to the level of calcium or, for example, a strange picture of amino acids is high. Digestive problems are also not excluded.
- The last basic rule - buy the right food. No need to take the baby class product - "mass market". These feeds are like fast food and all of these inexpensive, bright labels will not bring anything good to the little one. Buy feed for kittens of a premium class, and even better super premium. For food of this level, the pet will definitely be grateful.
If you are trying to ensure that your kitten is accustomed to natural nutrition, you should adhere to certain conditions:
- The diet should be varied. If an animal is not accustomed to certain products from an early age, then it is unlikely to do so with age. For this reason, try to diversify the baby's food, offer different things - it will help to make the crumbs omnivorous, do not turn him into a fastidious creature and will contribute to ensuring good nutrition.
- Do not feed your pet pieces from your table. First of all, you run the risk of growing a meowing beggar forever, and secondly it can damage the kitten, because human food contains a lot of spices and salt, which are harmful to the young body.
What to feed a month-old kitten, except for the primary product - milk? You can feed the crumbs with cottage cheese. Only at first it is better to stir it with milk to a consistency similar to sour cream. Cottage cheese is a good source of calcium that helps prevent the development of rickets.
The next product is chicken yolk (boiled protein can be given from 2 months). First, it also needs to be mixed with milk. Also the kitten will benefit the following products:
- cereals in meat and milk broth,
- boiled vegetables,
- neutral (without spices) broth soup.
True, not every kitten with delight throws on such food. After all, this is a monthly predator, though. Meat products can be any. The main rule - the meat should not be fat, and any product the kitten must first cook, and then chop. Meat is cooked not for the convenience of eating it, but in order to prevent various diseases and to infect the pet with helminths.
The kitten is growing quite intensively, so his body needs a sufficient amount of minerals and vitamins. Consuming regular food, the baby does not always get the right amount of useful substances in full. Therefore, it is not at all superfluous to add special vitamin complexes to your pet's food, which can be bought at any store selling pet products. There are enough drugs of this kind on the market and you can always pick up something for your pet. You can also grow various useful herbs, for example, to germinate wheat.
As already mentioned - vary the diet. It is undesirable to feed the animal with one meat or one fish, or generally only porridge. By the way, it is often not necessary to give fish. Proved that frequent consumption of fish leads to inflammatory diseases of the kidneys. And if in time you decide to castrate an animal, then it is better to completely exclude fish from the menu. Feeding the kitten should be close to the natural conditions, this also applies to temperature. Do not give cold (from the freezer) and excessively hot foods. Pet food is not salted.
Remember that the baby should be open access to water. This is especially important if the animal eats dry food, because in this case, water consumption increases several times compared with normal conditions. The water should be fresh and clean, change it daily, and rinse the empty bowl with hot water or scald with boiling water.
Ready feed for monthly kittens
Many different brands have gained popularity in the cat food market:
- Hill’s Science Plan,
- from Eukanuba Junior Small Breed,
- Royal canin size nutrition mini junior and many others.
Consider a few specific examples of the super-premium cat food segment.
- Royal Canin dry food for kittens
You should always remember that premium class is the best feed among the worst representatives of products of this type. And if the prefix "super" is not present on the package - this is already a weighty argument to doubt the quality of the food presented. But you still need to be more objective. Let's first about the merits of Royal Canin for kittens:
- affordable pricing,
- wide variety of flavors
- availability to the buyer,
- veterinary line.
- The next representative is Akana's super premium class feed for kittens.
Acana offers food in three flavor categories: lamb, chicken, fish.
Если рассматривать преимущества, то Акана характеризуется следующими положительными качествами:
- сбалансированным рационом,
- отсутствием зерновых культур в составе продукта,
- отсутствием химического красителя.
Основные недостатки – это небольшое разнообразие вкусов и нет профилактических рационов.
- Также упоминания достоин корм для котенка 1 месяц Almo Nature.
The origins of the popularity of feed lie in a triple test of the quality of the product and the naturalness of the ingredients. In general, “Almo Natyur” fodder in its overall quality is close to VIP class fodder. Indeed, in this Italian ration, chicken meat (as the basis of the product) and its derivatives account for 53% of the total weight of the product. Another 14% - goes to the share of non-allergenic rice.
The main disadvantage of the presented product is a rather high price.
What can not feed a monthly kitten?
On the options and nutritional standards of a small pet you need to pay much attention. After all, this is not an adult beast with an established organism and its digestive organs are still in the developmental stage. Consider that how much you feed the crumbs a lot depends on - even his life, so every caring owner should understand this.
Milk and meat
As for milk, it is better to take goat or dry, sold in specialized stores for animals. If you take dairy products as the basis of nutrition, then the animal is better suited to low-fat foods.
Pet can not be fed raw meat in it are worms and pathogens. Yes, and the baby's body will not cope with such a rough meal.
Kitten does not need to be fed monotonous foods. For example, give one fish or some porridge. This option of feeding leads to the fact that the crumb will receive an insufficient amount of useful minerals. And also, if a one-month kitten is not accustomed to a diverse kitchen in the future, it will become very discriminating, which will cause certain difficulties.
Food from the table
The kitten does not need to be fed food from the table. It has many spices that are unnatural for the baby’s body. It is harmful to give sausage and various smoked meats, and here it does not matter what is included in their composition. The same applies to pickles, because all these products can be called food for people containing excess fats, salt and other components.
You can not give potatoes. And this applies to the root in general. It doesn't matter if it is raw tuber, boiled or roasted, remember - the potato does not assimilate the stomach of a kitten.
A little pet is completely useless to any food that contains a lot of fat. Therefore, such products as: cheese, butter, fatty meat, all this is at first better not to give, and feed the baby gradually.
- Bones (bird, fish) - this is another harm to the representatives of the cat family in general.
- Pork - this type of meat is absolutely not necessary for kittens, it is not only useless, but also carries a potential threat.
- Any dog food and puppies will not suit your baby kitten. In their composition are not the components that are required for the full growth of the crumbs.
- It is better for a pet not to give sweets, rich yeast rolls.
- Do not forget one rule - you can not feed the kitten with different feeds and mix natural food and ready-made food.
Mode and rate of feeding
If you do not take into account the feeding regime, then you can figure out how many times you need to feed the kitten for 1 month independently. For this you need to pay attention to how the baby behaves. A hungry animal begins to squeak, crawls, showing with its whole appearance discontent. This kitten must be fed according to certain standards. And one-month crumbs, left without maternal care, need to respect a certain diet. How many times do you need to feed a monthly kitten?
Mode of feeding monthly kittens:
- Baby up to two weeks should be fed 7 times a day. And in the calculation is night time. Ideally, all 10 feeding approaches should be divided at equal intervals.
- Kittens that live from two weeks to a month need food 6 times a day under similar conditions.
- A kitten at 1 month and above can be fed 5-6 times a day in small portions.
How much food should be given to a monthly kitten:
- From a week to two, the recommended rate is 30 ml per 100 grams of weight.
- From two to three weeks the rate increases from 38 to 48 ml.
- A kitten from a month to give food at the rate of 48-53 ml all at the same 100 grams of weight.
Kitten 1 month care and feeding
Care for a one-month kitten requires a special approach and care. What to feed the baby you have already figured out, but in addition to eating the baby needs care and warmth. Remember that caring for a small pet is comparable to caring for a small human child. The animal needs to be fed the right food and do it regularly.
In this case, you need to give your pet a certain freedom. Let him accustom in the house, gradually studying it. And if you love stroking and want to pat the baby - do it with tenderness and very carefully.