In the article I will talk about the drug Alben for bipods and dogs. I will describe the release form, indications for use, composition, mechanism of action, dosage and instructions for use. I will cite side effects and contraindications for admission, expiration dates, analogues and storage conditions, prices for the drug for animals.
Alben is a modern pharmaceutical preparation for deworming animals, belongs to the benzimidazole group of anthelmintic drugs.
Release form and composition of the drug Alben
The international name of the active substance is albendazole and praziquantel.
The composition of one tablet:
- albendazole - 25 mg,
- Praziquantel - 2.5 mg,
- polyvinylpyrrolidone - 3 mg,
- calcium stearate - 8 mg,
- potato starch - 40 mg,
- lactose - 93 mg.
Available in tablet form:
- 3 and 6 pieces in one package
- on 25 pieces in the blister, in one packing 1 or 4 blisters,
- in a carton of 25, 100, 200 tablets,
- in plastic cans with covers of 25, 100, 200, 500 tablets.
Indications for use and mechanism of action
Anti-hilmintny means of a broad spectrum. It is effective against most worms, nematodes, cestodes, and trematodes (both mature and immature). It has an ovocidal property. It has an effect in all phases of development of tape and round worms.
The mechanism of action of Albena is based on the disturbance of carbohydrate metabolism in worms and their micro-ocular function. As a result, worms are paralyzed and die.
Quickly absorbed in the digestive tract, has an effect in all the organs and tissues of the animal for several hours. From the body is excreted in feces and urine.
Is a drug for deworming animals
Alben is universal and is indicated for anthelmintic therapy on all domestic animals, including cows and chickens.
The opinion of veterinarians about the preventive measure of the use of Albena on cats and dogs is ambiguous.
Some veterinarians recommend to use on dogs, others, on the contrary, do not advise. With repeated use, the active ingredients accumulate in the body and can cause significant harm to the health of the animal.
Dosage and instructions for use for animals
The dosage for cats and dogs is the same - 1 tablet is given for 5 kg of weight. If the mass of the pet is less than 2.5 kg, respectively, 0.5 tablets are given, in crushed, diluted with water.
If the animal resists and does not swallow the pill, it is recommended to give it in the form of a suspension. To do this, the tablet must be thoroughly crushed and stirred with 10 ml of water. The resulting suspension with a syringe without a needle is injected into the pet at the root of the tongue and immediately clamped by hand to the mouth until the medicine is swallowed.
1 tablet of alben is given for 5 kg of weight
Alben C is prescribed for prophylactic purposes. It is taken once, orally, in the morning during feeding.
It is used for prophylactic purposes once every three months and two weeks before vaccinations.
Regular preventive use of the drug for cats is not recommended. Active ingredients tend to accumulate in the body and can harm the health of a cat with repeated use.
Contraindications for admission
Individual intolerance to the components of Albena and increased sensitivity to them are a contraindication to use.
It is forbidden to use the tool:
- during gestation pregnancy,
- during the feeding period of the litter,
- during mating,
- on sick and malnourished animals,
- on puppies up to 3 weeks old
- on kittens up to the age of 3 months,
- with acute fascioliasis.
Price and analogues
For cats and dogs, packs of 3 or 6 each cost 50 rubles are sold.
There are no analogues to the drug. It is possible to use Ashialben 360 and albendazole on large breeds of dogs.
In the article I told about the preparation Alben for bipods and dogs. Described the form of its release, the composition of the funds, indications for use, the mechanism of action. Cited side effects of the drug and contraindications for the reception, dosage and method of administration. storage conditions and expiration dates, drug prices. Listed counterparts funds.
General description of the drug
Antiparasitic therapy is a mandatory measure for pets who are in constant contact with a person. Currently, veterinary pharmacies offer a huge number of drugs, the action of which is aimed at suppressing the vital activity of various kinds of worms. One of the proven tools is "Alben" (in veterinary medicine). Instructions for use allows the use of medicine for the treatment of domestic animals, regardless of their size and type.
The main active ingredient of the drug - albendazole - has a wide range of influence and is able to suppress the development of most types of helminths. The death of parasites occurs due to the suppression of the polymerization of beta-tubulin protein, the reduction of glucose utilization and the synthesis of ATP. Anthelmintic agent is suitable for the treatment and prevention of worms in animals.
For domestic cats and dogs suitable tablet form of the drug "Alben". Tablets instructions for use (in veterinary medicine) does not recommend use as a preventive measure. One tablet of anthelmintic agent contains 0.36 g of albendazole. If necessary, it can be divided into several parts. One pack contains 25, 50 or 100 tablets. They are packaged in blisters of 25 pieces. The cost of the drug (100 tablets) is 320-340 rubles.
In the form of granules (granulated powder) the preparation is packed in 1000 g cans or 500 g packages. The cost of a large package is 1,200–1270 rubles.
"Alben" (powder): instructions for use
In veterinary medicine, there are often cases of infection of an animal with several types of helminths at once. Some of them represent a serious danger to humans.
Considered antiparasitic agent is able to cope with the following illnesses caused by parasites:
- cestodosis (avitellinosis, monieziosis),
- pulmonary nematodoses (mulleriosis, dictiocaulosis, neostrongylosis, protostrongylosis),
- trematodoz (dicroceliosis, fascioliasis),
- nematodoses affecting the gastrointestinal tract (cooperiosis, bunostomiasis, strongyloidosis, ascariasis, nematodirosis, habertiosis, toxocarosis).
For the successful development of livestock is extremely important to monitor the health of each individual. Prevention and timely treatment of worm infestation is the first step in the fight against a common problem. An affordable antiparasitic agent, which is often used in the field of agriculture, is “Alben” (granulate).
Instructions for use in veterinary medicine recommends using an agent for antiparasitic treatment of cattle (cows, bulls), pigs, sheep, horses, goats, and poultry. When complying with the dosage, the drug does not have a systemic toxic effect.
How to choose a dose?
The drug is intended for oral administration. Pills are given to animals forcibly, the granules are mixed with food. The dosage is calculated depending on the weight. The use of "Albena" in the amount of 1 tablet per 50 kg of weight is indicated for the treatment of worms in cows and bulls. The dose is increased (up to 1 tablet by 35 kg) in the case of paramptomatosis, dicroceliosis. In granules - 3.75 or 5 g per 100 kg.
Goats (domestic) and sheep give 1 tablet per 70 kg of weight. In powder form, the dosage is 2.5 g (3.75 g in severe cases) per 100 kg. For the treatment of helminthic invasion in pigs, it is necessary to take one Albena tablet for every 35 kg. If granulate is used, the dosage (per 100 kg) is 5 g.
Fur animals give 2.5 g of anthelmintic drug per 10 kg. In tablets - 1 pc. on 7 kg. For 10 kg of poultry weight, 0.5 g of granulate should be used. Frequency of use - 1 time per day for 2 days.
If the treatment is indicated to a large number of animals, the dose of the medicine is added to the feed per 1 individual. Drinking milk and eggs after anthelmintic therapy is possible only after two weeks.
How is Alben transferred?
In veterinary medicine, the instructions for use advise the use of the tool only by appointment of a specialist. The drug has proven itself only on the positive side. The drug does not cause mutations, does not affect the functionality of the sex glands. The effectiveness of albendazole has been proven in numerous scientific experiments. It is recommended to use the tool only for the treatment of helminthiasis.
Before starting treatment, you should familiarize yourself with the contraindications to the use of the albin anthelmintic drug (in veterinary medicine). The instructions for use (official abstract) prohibit the administration of the drug in the first half of the period in goats, pigs, sheep, rabbits, sables, and mink. Do not use "Alben" in the first third of pregnancy in horses and cattle.
Contraindicated drug emaciated animals with severe infectious diseases. In the case of intolerance to albendazole or that the animal is hypersensitive to the drug, treatment should be discontinued.
Only with certain indications, you can use the tool "Alben" in veterinary medicine. Instructions for use recommends giving Alben C to domestic cats and dogs - a drug that contains albendazole and praziquantel. This medicine has a less toxic effect and is suitable for the prevention of helminth infections.
Characteristics of the drug
"Alben" - a broad-spectrum drug. The main active ingredient is albendazole. Probably very few people like this name says a lot, so consider a little more. Detailed instructions for using Albendazole are covered here.
- anthelmintic drug,
- action is aimed at combating parasites (in particular, with worms),
- well absorbed into the gastrointestinal tract,
- spreads quickly throughout the body (within 2-5 hours).
The drug is presented in the form of granules and tablets. Most often it can be found packaged in 25 or 100 tablets in packs (but often you can buy just a few tablets). Sold "Alben" in almost any veterinary clinic.
Patients who want to get rid of worms often ask for natural products with the least side effects. In such cases, I recommend this tool.
The elixir destroys and removes from the body of adults, as well as the larvae and eggs of absolutely all types of parasites. It helps to cleanse the organs and tissues, neutralizes intoxication of the whole organism.
Indications for taking granules and tablets
The medicinal anthelmintic drug, as already mentioned, is widely used, therefore, we shall more specifically analyze in which cases it is best to use it:
- Gastrointestinal nematodoses. This includes a number of diseases that are caused by roundworms, which belong to the class of nematodes. The first sign that appears in animals is pneumonia. In the later stages, serious digestive problems begin: diarrhea, vomiting, anemia and general exhaustion. Juveniles may begin to lag far behind. Most often, such diseases suffer from animals such as chickens and pigs. But there are frequent cases of manifestations of diseases of cattle.
- Pulmonary nematodoses. Most often go along with gastrointestinal, but there are also separately. The signs of the disease are pneumonia, and in the later stages there are problems with eating and breathing. The obvious signs of infection are multiple and minor hemorrhages in the lungs, as well as white spots on the liver at the opening. The diseases in this group are serious and can quickly be fatal due to serious breathing problems in an animal. It is very important to begin treatment at the time so that it passes without serious consequences.
- Cestodose. Diseases are caused by parasitism of tapeworms (cestodes). Forms of the disease can be chronic (when the worms live in the body for several years) and acute (death of the animal occurs within a month). Obvious signs can be: problems with digestion, convulsions, exhaustion, constant thirst, swelling. The danger of the disease is damage to the central nervous system of the animal. Coordination problems, seizures, and various bouts of unreasonable activity may begin. In the later stages (with damage to the central nervous system), vision problems begin, which can lead to complete blindness. You can notice this in advance - the eyes begin to grow cloudy, and the animal begins to get lost in the usual setting.
- Trematodose. Pathogens are representatives of the class of flukes. These parasites affect the digestive tract, lungs, liver and blood. Once in the body, they stick to the walls of the stomach, and other organs. Signs of infection are all the same problems with digestion (diarrhea, vomiting), drastic weight loss, growth retardation in young animals. The disease is dangerous because the parasites quickly begin to multiply immediately after entering the body. The later the treatment begins, the harder and longer it passes.
Albendazole, which is the main component of the drug, is excellent against both mature and immature cestodes, nematodes and trematodes.
The mechanism of action of the drug is quite simple:
- violates carbohydrate metabolism and microtubule parasites,
- parasites die and are excreted naturally.
Can't cope with parasites?
Helminths are dangerous for the body, their metabolic products are toxic and provoke inflammatory processes where they live.
Treatment should begin immediately! Protect yourself and your loved ones!
In such cases, our readers recommend using the newest tool - the Tibetan parasite Tibetan collection.
It has the following properties:
- Kills more than 120 types of parasites for 1 course
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Splits and removes eggs and larvae of parasites
- Destroys pathogenic bacteria and viruses
- Removes toxins and toxins
Dosage regimen depending on body weight
It should be said that, regardless of the total mass of the animal, on average is applied 1 tablet per 35-50 kilogram body weight.
In cases of poultry products, standard calculation of the drug is difficult to do. In this case, it is recommended to calculate the approximate mass of all birds and dissolve the required number of tablets in the water they should drink during the day.
But for more accurate calculations, consider a different dosage regimen.
From the type of animal and its disease
So, the dosage of the drug, depending on the animal and the type of disease:
- For cattle, one tablet per 50 kg body weight. In such diseases as fascioliasis, discroseliosis and ostertagiosis - 1 tablet per 35 kg.
- For sheep and goats 1 tablet per 70 kg body weight. In cases with the diseases indicated above, the dose is reduced to 1 tablet per 45 kg.
- Horses - 1 tablet per 50 kg.
- Pigs - 1 tablet per 35 kg.
- Fur animals 1 tablet per 7 kg.
- Poultry 1 tablet per 35 kg.
- Cats - for 1 kg of weight accounts for 15 mg of the drug.
Stories of our readers!
"I buy a product for parents. They live in the village and the risk of infection with parasites is great. They take it for prevention. I don't want to drink medicines with a lot of side effects, so I chose this elixir.
The product is based on bee propolis, which has a pronounced antibacterial, antiviral effect. I like the drug because it is completely natural, herbal, and for prevention it is very important. "
Properties of the drug
The properties of the drug are associated with its constituent components. As mentioned earlier, the main one is Albendazole (0.36 grams per tablet). In addition to it, it includes a number of other auxiliary components that help speed up the effect of the drug.
Consider the properties of the drug:
- When administered orally the drug begins to act in the first hours after application.
- Versatility. It fits almost all pets, you only need to comply with the correct proportions. Also, the drug is able to deal with a huge number of diseases that are associated with parasites in the body.
- No side effects. Even with an overdose, no side effects were detected. The drug is harmless to humans.
- Treatment and prevention. In addition to treatment, "Alben" can be used as a prophylactic agent. Veterinarians strongly recommend prophylaxis in cases where the animals had contact with infected individuals, as well as during outbreaks of diseases in the region.
Personal preventive measures
When carrying out treatment and preventive measures it is important to observe the general rules of personal hygiene, as well as safety:
- Since the drug is administered orally, large animals need to put tablets on the inside of the tongue. Стоит соблюдать технику безопасности, а также по возможности успокоить и привязать животное перед приемом препарата.
- Стоит помнить, что во время проведения лечения нельзя курить, пить и принимать пищу рядом с зараженным животным. Это повышает риск человека самому подхватить паразитов.
- At the end of the procedure, wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
Summing up, I would like to say that the drug "Alben" is one of the best among the analogues, due to its versatility and the absence of side effects.
It copes with many diseases that are caused by various parasites in the body of animals (in particular, worms), and also acts quickly and is well absorbed in the body.
The form and composition of the veterinary drug
Tablets "Alben" as an active ingredient contain 20% albendazole, as well as excipients. This tool is produced in the form of granules. They are packed in laminated bags of 500 or 1000 g. As for tablets, this form of the veterinary drug is sold in polymer cans of 25 or 100 pieces.
The dose of this drug depends on the type of animal and its disease.
- Cattle cattle - as a main dose one tablet per 49 kg or 3.7 g of granules per 99 kg. With dicroceliosis, fascioliasis, winter ostertagia and paramptomatosis - 4.9 g per 99 kg or one tablet per 34 kg.
- Goats and sheep - as the main dose of 2.4 g of granules per 99 kg or one tablet per 69 kg. With dicroceliosis, fascioliasis and protostrongyloidosis - 3.7 g per 99 kg or one tablet per 44 kg.
- Pigs - 4.9 g of granules per 99 kg or one tablet per 34 kg.
- Horses, mules and donkeys - 3.7 g of granules per 99 kg or one tablet per 49 kg.
- Poultry (for ascariasis, heterosis) - 0.45 g of granules per 9 kg (once a day, two days in a row) or one tablet per 34 kg (once a day or a day in a row).
- Fur animals (with toxocarosis, ankilostomiasis, toxascariosa, uncinaria) - 2.45 g of granules per 9 kg or one tablet per 6 kg.
It should also be noted that the sale can be found "Alben S" for cats and dogs. It is used once at a dosage of 1 tablet per 5 kg of animal weight. The drug is taken in the morning with a small amount of feed (if necessary, forcibly injected).
Special recommendations for taking the drug
Slaughter of sheep, goats and cattle to obtain meat product is allowed only two weeks after taking the drug "Alben". As for horses, poultry and pigs, their meat can be consumed 7 days after deworming.
It must be said that milk is allowed to be used for food 4 days after taking the medicine to animals. In case of involuntary slaughter of previously established dates, the meat product must be given to feed carnivores or for the production of bone meal.
According to most farmers, the drug in question rather quickly and easily eliminates the problem. Thanks to him, animals are effectively cured of worms and other parasites.