The dog in the house is a reliable friend and guard who will not let his owner be bored. But not every breed is suitable for housing maintenance. The article talks about large rocks. Puppy breed is a fundamental factor of choice. Which one is preferred? How to care for a puppy and what to feed? All this further in the article.
It is interesting
Let's start with interesting facts. You will learn about the ten largest breeds of dogs in the world. A list of them looks like this:
- The Tibetan Mastiff is the most expensive and largest breed. Dogs are characterized by a strong psyche and excessive aggression towards strangers. And given their height (80 cm at the withers), it is not surprising that dogs look intimidating.
- Scottish Deerhound, or Dirhound. This handsome giant is somewhat inferior in size to the dogs of Tibet. His height at withers reaches 76 centimeters. The animal is graceful, stately, bred for hunting deer. When the gray dog runs, it seems that he is floating in the air.
- Leonberger. Another monster among dogs. In height, it competes with the Tibetan mastiff, and the weight can outdo it. At 80 centimeters at the withers, the dog is able to reach a weight of 75 kilograms. A huge teddy bear, dimensionlessly loving members of the family in which he lives. German breed bred for protection. Aliens will not pass, and hardly anyone dares to challenge such a formidable guard.
- Newfoundland, or a diver. The huge black dog became famous far beyond its homeland. Bred breed in a suburb of Canada. The main function of the Newfoundland is to help fishermen pull the nets out of the water. In Russia, the dog turned into a nanny for children. With such a nanny is not afraid to leave the baby. The height of the animal - 66-74 cm, weight reaches 50-60 kilograms.
- German dog. Good-natured giant, whose height reaches 80 centimeters. Dogmas devoted a separate section of this article.
- Irish Wolfhound. These dogs reach 85 centimeters. They are derived for hunting, people are treated adequately. Develop aggression in the breed is extremely undesirable. With the members of their family, they are affectionate, loyal to strangers. It is necessary to raise the voice of the dog - and you can get a pretty tough answer.
- Mastino napoletano. Today, the Neapolitan Mastiff is undeservedly forgotten, but in vain. Representatives of the breed are nice and smart. Height of handsome gray reaches 77 centimeters, and it can weigh 70 kilograms. And despite its size, it is the rarest kindness animal. She gets along well with children, loves people. It becomes evil only when its owner is in danger. The disadvantage of these dogs is excessive laziness and clumsiness.
- English Mastiff. Canine Heracles, reaching a height of 90 centimeters. Individual members of the breed can weigh up to 110 kilograms. Such a pet is not suitable for people-choleric. He needs a strong hand, a spacious aviary and access to freedom. With strangers calm, but will fight back, if necessary.
- St. Bernard. Another giant with incredible friendliness. The height of the dog reaches 90 centimeters. And when this huge "bear" runs to a stranger, hurrying to show his love for the world, it is not surprising that the stranger doesn’t really want to get acquainted with the dog.
- Pyrenean Mastiff. Growth of an animal reaches 80 centimeters, and weight - 70 kilograms. The dog is bred as a shepherd and watchman, suspicious of strangers. At home she is gentle and sociable with the owners.
This is the complete list of giant dog breeds. In the apartment to get these dogs is extremely undesirable. Ideal - own house with a huge aviary. Some breeds are aggressive towards outsiders, and walking with them in the city is problematic.
Large breed dogs
Above we listed the ten largest dog breeds in the world. Next will be listed rocks that are considered simply large.
The full list of dog breeds that are considered large or large is quite large. The following are the most popular breeds:
- Dogo Argentino. Snow-white miracle, wary of strangers. Not suitable for families with children, because he does not like them too much.
- Bernese Mountain Dog. Dogs with an amazing psyche: patient, responsive to affection, loving everyone and everything. A great friend for a child. If you need a pet for the family, and not for protection, this breed is a good choice.
- Belgian Shepherd Malinois. Dogs are very temperamental. Suitable for people who love an active lifestyle and are ready to devote most of their free time to socializing with a four-legged pet.
- The East European Shepherd Dog is a breed close to a German Shepherd. Smart dogs can be watchmen, friends and nannies for children. Universal dog with proper training can be perfect.
- German Shepherd. Queen among the rocks. Used in the service of the bodies, for the protection of the house, in sports competitions and as a companion.
- Collie. The breed has almost lost its popularity. These long-haired beauties are suitable for families with children. The perfect friend for the baby.
- Labrador. Another family friend. The dog is not a guard, it is a freak companion. Phlegmatic animal, it is necessary to slow down and push to action.
- Doberman. Choleric dogs for solid people. Dobermans are characterized by excessive suspicion of strangers. With improper upbringing, the dog can become a killing machine.
- Rottweiler. Despite the menacing appearance, the dogs are quite friendly. They do not like strangers, but this does not mean that the pet is attacking a stranger just like that. They are able to act decisively if the owner is in danger, loyal to children.
- Central Asian Shepherd Dog, or Alabai. Large breed bred for herding purposes and protection. Ideal watchmen.
Dogs of large breeds, the list of which is quite long, are magnificent watchmen and companions, but they need a lot of space.
The article tells about the most popular dogs of large breeds. One of the first positions in the list is the German Shepherd. Puppies of large breeds of dogs are pretty and sweet. But before you buy a cute baby, you need to learn about the breed as much as possible.
The German Shepherd is a versatile dog. The breed was bred at the end of the XIX century in Germany. Initially, she was conceived as a shepherd, with developed protective qualities and a very strong psyche. Breeding work allowed to get such a dog: an intelligent, loyal, understanding owner with a half-word.
In terms of intelligence and socialization, the shepherd is in the lead among other breeds. Large breed puppies have certain needs. It is better to take them from the mother at the age of 2.5-3 months. And as soon as the pet appeared in the house, they begin to practice with it. Of course, education start small. The puppy of the German shepherd is curious, and if you hold classes in the form of a game, it will grasp everything on the fly. It is not necessary to bother a pet while it is still small, they do it several times a day, but for 5 minutes.
You can not allow a puppy that will be forbidden to an adult dog. This rule applies to any breed of dog. Puppies of large breeds are able to put pressure on pity. Make unhappy eyes and beg for pieces from the table. They may brazenly climb onto a sofa or bed and quietly curl up in the hope that they will not be noticed. It looks cute, but only while the shepherd is small. And this must be stopped. An adult dog lounging on a couch no longer seems cute. But it will not be possible to chase her away; the animal will not understand why it is forbidden to what was allowed earlier.
As already noted, the shepherd is a large dog. In describing the breed often emphasize the fact that it requires intense physical exertion. This is not a sofa pet, but a hard worker, so a 15-minute walk will not work.
The dog is inspected daily, eyes, ears and mouth are checked. Dirt from the ears is removed with a cotton swab, eyes are wiped, if necessary, with a damp swab. And in the fight against plaque and stone will help the apple and special treats. They can be purchased at pet stores.
The Central Asian Shepherd Dog, or Alabai, is included in the list of representatives of large dog breeds. Representatives of the breed are very serious dogs. These aboriginal dogs practically did not undergo breeding work, and the basic natural qualities were preserved.
The Alabai were originally considered herding dogs, as well as good guards, like many other dogs of large breeds. Alabai puppies differ in fighting character. Already at the age of five months they are able to show stranger's teeth. And if the outsider does not understand the hint, then the dog is likely to attack.
The animal is not suitable for living in an apartment. Because of the attitude to strangers with him, it is problematic to move around the city. The dog believes that the whole area where she walks is her territory. And a stranger who has fallen into this zone automatically becomes an enemy. And who likes to pass by a huge dog, very aggressively tuned?
Representatives of the breed will be suitable for living in an open-air cage on the territory of a private house. They are not particularly affectionate, they have no need for constant communication with the owner. According to reviews, the largest breeds of dogs are friendly, as a rule. Alabai is an exception, his character is peculiar.
The animal needs physical exertion. The minimum time is two hours at a time. Outdoor games will help the dog to keep fit.
With the name of large breeds of dogs you could see above, then find out about one of the most friendly members of this category - St. Bernard. These are real giants - 70 kilograms of charm and kindness. They strive to lick everyone and everything, love both their own and others. This dog is a great companion for a child. He is patient, affectionate, never hurt a kid. He transfers children's whims calmly, but if the child is too tortured, then he will simply get up and leave.
Needs regular combing. These animals have a thick and dense coat that must be combed several times a week. When a representative of the breed begins to fade, the procedure is performed daily. Such is the peculiarity of this large breed.
Puppies of St. Bernard breed always cause affection from others. Affectionate and good-natured, he will not leave anyone indifferent. Passers-by on the street will ask permission to pet a charming pet. Don't let them do it. The dog is extremely good and trusting, it is impossible for it to blindly believe all people. There is a boss you can trust, and the rest, no matter how good they are, are strangers.
St. Bernards are prone to eye diseases and hip joints dysplasia. Special attention should be paid to their hind legs due to the weight of the dog. And without physical exertion can not do, given that St. Bernard are rather lazy and do not like to walk for a long time. Nevertheless, it is necessary to force them to do this and engage with the pet.
When describing large breeds of dogs often use such epithets as good-natured, calm. All this fully describes the German Great Dane. Just add to the above innate aristocracy.
He, as befits a blue blood representative, has poor health. Dysplasia of the hip joints, problems with the gastrointestinal tract and lungs, eyes. And all this fell to the lot of one dog.
They are kind and funny, loving outdoor games. Mastiffs do not mind running after the wand. They are not indifferent to children, but, given the size of the dog, all games between her and the baby should be held under the control of the parents.
A powerful dog needs serious care. The breed is prone to colds, it can only live in a warm house. Great dogs do not survive in the cages, but they need long and constant walks. The ideal option would be to live in a private home with a large territory.
To outsiders are loyal. Intrigued, the dog will meet. And he will be extremely surprised that a man presses his hands to his chest with caution and quietly moves backwards. Dogg might think that this is a new kind of game and scare the stranger to death. Therefore, the owners of the giant should be on guard when their good-natured person shows signs of attention to strangers.
So, you learned more about the largest breeds of dogs: names, features (photos were also presented). Let us turn to the features of their care.
Any dog needs proper maintenance and care. The characteristics of large breed dogs suggest that they are no exception.
It all starts with choosing a place for a pet. If the dog lives in an apartment, it means that it must have a place to hide: a home aviary or box. Boxing is a spacious cage in which the dog can stand up and turn around. Other dog experts recommend keeping a dog there all the time, but this is wrong. The animal must move at least within the permitted limits, and boxing is a place for solitude.
For pets living on the street, you need an aviary with a covered box inside. Booth covered with hay or insulated.
A dog should have two bowls: for food and for water. The features of feeding puppies of large breeds are described below. Access to water should be permanent.
Daily inspection of the ears, eyes and mouth has not been canceled. Ears are cleaned, if necessary, with a cotton swab. They wipe their eyes with a damp cotton pad, and an apple or special treats are used to prevent plaque and tartar.
Walking is the basis of large puppy health. The breeds listed above are mostly lazy by nature. To keep the dog in good physical shape you need to walk regularly and for a long time with it, to engage in exercises and games.
Combing dogs such as the Central Asian or German Shepherd, St. Bernard will have to regularly. You can purchase a poukhoderka and a brush for the procedure at any pet store.
The dog must obey its owner. If he can not cope with its training on its own, then you should seek help from a dog handler. It is worth doing.
Feeding puppies of large breeds is an important issue that requires a serious approach. Let's start with the choice of diet, it does not matter whether it is dry food or natural food.
If you prefer dry food, then it is important to remember that cheap and widely available "crackers" for pets is not food. In this feed there is nothing useful. It consists of cereals, dyes and flavor enhancers. Choosing feed, give preference to feed holistic- and premium.
Is the owner ready to feed your pet homemade food? Great, only the word “homemade” doesn’t mean what people eat. Soups, pasta and borscht - not at all what a dog needs, and any breed. Puppies of large breeds need high-quality and high-quality nutrition. That it is - the foundation of pet health. What can you give a pet? Here is the main product list:
- Boiled meat. Beef, turkey, chicken or rabbit. Grown up puppies can give raw meat, scalded several times with boiling water.
- Groats: rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, barley. You can cook each separately and mix with meat, and you can cook a platter and fill the cereal with vegetable oil and vegetables. Just do not overdo it. Porridge - not the main food for a puppy, but only an addition.
- Vegetables. Any vegetables low in starch. They are boiled, mixed with meat, and it turns out a delicious lunch for a pet.
- Do not forget about vitamins for puppies of large breeds. The pet store sells special drugs. Calcium 8 in 1 vitamins are very good for a growing body. Dogs eat them with pleasure, but to comply with the dosage is certainly necessary.
- Milk products. These include low-fat yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese. As a delicacy suitable non-sharp cheese, cut into small pieces. But milk for dogs and puppies is prohibited. The only period when a baby can offer a little milk is up to 3 months old.
- A fish. Carefully boiled and selected from the bones. It is given no more than twice a week.
- Hard boiled eggs. Once a week you can give one chicken or quail egg.
- Fruits, with the exception of grapes, banana, kiwi and citrus. Once a week and quite a bit.
- Treats: dry biscuits such as Maria. There should not be any goodies that are familiar to people in the pet's diet.
What can not give a pet?
- Bones (any). An exception is round sugar beef musli. They can be a dog from 9 months of age, but not more than twice a month.
- Sausages, sausages, smoked products. Want to pamper your pet? Buy kidneys, heart, chicken stomachs, boil, finely chop - and the delicacy is ready.
- Muffin any.
- Sour, salty, fried foods. A dog is not a man, its body is not able to absorb what we eat.
- Chocolate, ice cream, candy, sweet cookies, marshmallows, marmalade. In general, all kinds of sweets.
Medium breed dogs
The list of puppies of large and medium breeds is presented separately. About the first was told in detail. В этом разделе просто перечислены представители собачьего мира среднего размера:
- Королевский пудель.
- Австралийская овчарка.
- Американский стаффордширский терьер.
- Английский бульдог.
The article provides a brief overview of large breeds of dogs. There are quite a lot of them in the world, but everyone knows about 10-15. To help the happy owners of puppies are recommendations for the care and feeding.
We will repeat the main aspects:
- For those who need a furious guard, suitable Central Asian Shepherd. These dogs live well in the aviary on the site, aggressively treat outsiders and perform their guarding functions very decently.
- Choose a German Shepherd Dog as a companion or sports dog for a house or apartment, for guarding or for the soul: it is a universal breed that can become a reliable protector, loyal friend and outstanding athlete.
- St. Bernard is the best friend of children. Many pounds of happiness, hairy and very affectionate. The perfect dog for families with children.
- German dog. Aristocrat, subject to all sorts of diseases. The dog is not aggressive by nature, but will give a fitting rebuff if it is necessary to protect the owner. Suitable for people who have a lot of time and material resources. The animal requires substantial expenses.
- Every large breed needs care and decent maintenance.
- Meals should be complete. If it is food, then high quality, if natural food, then balanced.
- Exercise, training and long walks are the basis of a pet's health.
- The lack of some breeds - low life expectancy. For example, Great Danes live no more than 10 years.
To keep large breeds of dogs, the description and characteristics of which are proposed above, is a big responsibility.
Approaching the issue is seriously and soberly assess their capabilities. Pet plant 10-12 years at least, but can the future owner give him his time, will morally, physically and financially pull daily walks and workouts? Can feed well? After a person honestly answers himself to these questions, it becomes clear whether he is able to contain a dog.
Breed, combining the genes of mastiffs and dogs, came in first place in the ranking thanks to two giants - Aikame Zorb (United Kingdom) and Hercules (USA).
The Zorba, listed in the Guinness Book of Records in 1989 as the “biggest dog in the world”, weighed almost 156 kg with a height of 94 cm, and Hercules (with a meter neck diameter and 123 kg weight) joined the company of champions in 2001.
In the XI century, hunters exchanged one mastiff for a pack of 20 hounds and greyhounds - this is how the dog's fighting skills were highly valued.
The "reconstruction" of the breed began in 1872, creating the Old English Mastiff Club (this is a more accurate name for dogs), and a year later the founder of the modern mastiff, Taura, appeared before the public.
Now it is the heaviest breed with an impressive size: the average weight of a dog is from 75 kg, females from 70 kg.
The second largest breed of dogs. This fact is confirmed by a contemporary of Zorba, a St. Bernard named Benedict, who made the weights jump to almost 140 kg.
Their ancestors are considered Tibetan (according to one version) or Roman martial mastiffs (according to another). St. Bernards are not only large, but also powerful dogs: in 1987, an 80-pound dog shifted and dragged 4.5 m load, pulling 3000 kg.
St. Bernards are faithful, benevolent and obedient. Extremely delicate handling of young children and loyal to adults. There is a minus - they dislike miniature dogs. Only one way out - to raise puppies together. Another drawback is excessive salivation in the heat.
Live, on average, a little - eight years.
The breed leading from the Irish greyhounds almost disappeared at the end of the 17th century. But in 1885, the Irish Wolfhound Club appeared, which attended to its re-creation. And after 12 years, the breed was registered by the American Kennel Club.
Houses - a sheep, a lion - on the hunt: this is a characteristic of the Irish wolfhound, known to the whole world. The dogs supported the hunters by chasing wolves and deer. The modern representative of the breed will become your easy companion during the morning / evening run.
These are muscular and very tall dogs: males grow to 79 cm and taller, bitches - up to 71 cm and more. Irish wolfhounds bribe harmonious appearance and peace-loving disposition.
A descendant of fighting dogs who fought in the arenas of ancient Rome. The dogs were known as excellent watchmen, so they lived in the courtyards of ordinary people, who almost did not engage in their purposeful breeding.
The Mastino Napoletano standard was adopted only in 1949. Now it is a dog of impressive size with a strong skeleton and powerful muscles. Males are drawn up to 75 cm (withers) with a weight of 70 kg, females - up to 68 cm with a weight of 60 kg.
Mastino has not lost guard skills and is well guarded territory. Sociable and addicted to the owner. The second quality can easily grow into jealousy, which will manifest aggression. They do not get along well with other pets, and are not recommended for families with children under the age of 12.
He is an Asian, Turkmen wolfhound or Central Asian shepherd. Cynologists are sure that this is not only the oldest breed (originating from 3 to 6 thousand years ago), but also the least spoiled by selection.
An excellent specimen of a clever, wayward and self-reliant alabaya lives in the Stavropol region. The bulldozer (that is the name of the dog) turned 12 years old, he has long been on a well-deserved rest and, despite the diet, weighs 130 kg. He was recognized as the largest dog in the CIS and confirmed the title with numerous awards and titles.
Asians are kind to the owner, but do not trust strangers. They will protect everything that is dear to their breadwinner to the last drop of blood: home, relatives and children.
He has a wide muzzle, a straight back and developed shoulders, as well as tall height (up to 71 cm) and an impressive weight - up to 100 kg.
It is not only the largest, but also the most expensive dog of the planet. In China, for a puppy of a red Tibetan mastiff, they did not regret $ 1.5 million.
By ingenuity similar to the dogmas. These mastiffs are calm and restrained both in relation to man and other animals.
To unconditionally obey the owner, they require absolute leadership and an understanding of dog psychology.
The second name is a deerhound. This hunting breed appeared in the sixteenth century, but gained official status later - in 1892. Dirhound is classified as the largest dog due to its considerable height (up to 72 cm) and weight (up to 46 kg).
Dogs have a balanced temperament: they rarely get angry and barely bark. Have developed empathy, responding to the mood of the owner. They love and care for kids. A priori they trust unfamiliar people, which makes them practically unsuitable for protection.
Lead their name from the island of the same name. In Canada, they were considered working dogs, replacing the “specialty” in Russia, where they are often referred to as divers (perhaps because of interdigital membranes).
Canine scientists have not yet decided on a single theory of the origin of these magnificent dogs with thick (brown / black) hair. One thing is clear - the breed has no hunting instinct at all. These dogs are able to inspire respect with respectable dimensions: males grow up to 71 cm (gaining 68 kg), bitches - up to 66 cm.
Newfoundland is not just an intelligent dog: in an emergency he will make an independent and unmistakable decision.
Russian hunting sighthound
Until the 17th century, the Russian hound was called the Circassian greyhound, having received its current name from the "dog" (wavy silky wool), which distinguishes dogs from other greyhounds.
For the breed is characterized by high growth (75-86 cm), restrained muscularity, a narrow constitution, grace. The dog is indispensable on the hunt: it sees well, runs fast (especially for short distances), smells the beast.
At home, demonstrates a docile nature. Favorite dog of painters, poets and sculptors.
Distinctive features of the largest dogs
- The main characteristic is a weight of at least 45 kg.
- The height of the animal, which is measured at the withers, should average 45-65 cm.
- Large dogs have a formidable appearance, namely, wool, which emphasizes a large body, cropped ears and tail.
- Balanced calm character that does not deny friendliness.
- The presence of sagging lips and drool.
It is worth noting that most of the largest breeds were bred specially for security purposes. For a long time these dogs protect the palaces of kings and farms of the peasants, as well as keep track of property. This is not surprising, because the huge size of animals and the menacing barking will hold back any detractor.
The advantages of large dogs
Some people complain that big dogs take up a lot of space, and growing up puppies bring a lot of trouble. It is also known that representatives of the largest breeds are not long-livers, because they are subject to hip dysplasia and other diseases.
Despite such features, large breeds very popular. This is explained by the fact that animals are calmer and more balanced, and their psyche is very stable. So, a big formidable dog calmly treats a child playing with his fur. Despite their impressive size, the animals are very agile and agile. They participate in active games and often form a company to their sports owners.
With the necessary physical exercise, large dogs can live in small apartments and private homes with a small plot. With the right upbringing, large dogs will become the best defenders of the whole family.
Problems keeping large dogs
Many people are afraid of large animals, because such dogs are often cause a feeling of fear. Therefore, it is important to properly educate your pet. In some cases, not without the help of an experienced trainer.
The biggest dogs need free space, so you should not buy an English mastiff or St. Bernard in an apartment, because here the animal will be uncomfortable. Large dogs need regular exercise and exercise. Thanks to them, the pet builds muscle mass and maintains its health. Moreover, large animals can gain extra weight if they do not move a lot.
It is known that large dogs tied to landlord and territory. Representatives of these breeds are hard to tolerate a long separation family. Some of them also do not like to be leashed. Large dogs always get along with other animals.
It should be noted that puppies of large breeds are stubborn and capricious. If you give up the slack, the animal will grow spoiled and will consider itself the main thing in the family. You will get a true friend only if the dog recognizes you as an authority.
Top 10 largest dogs
- English Mastiff distinguished by its sad eyes and dangling cheeks. The average weight of a bitch reaches 70 kg, and a dog - 75 kg. These dogs are massive and slightly awkward, but very obedient and good-natured. They have a soft, gentle nature. Despite this, the mastiff will protect his family if necessary. Due to this characteristic, the breed has long been used as a guard. Some individuals are lazy, but they still need to constantly walk and give physical exertion. Breed is ideal for experienced dog breeders, lonely responsible people and families with adult children.
- Spanish Mastiff different ideal guard qualities, because he is ready to engage in a fight with any animal. Males weigh 60–80 kg, and females weigh 50–70 kg. With proper training and socialization, this big dog will become the best friend for the whole family. Representatives of the breed calmly relate to outsiders, but when they feel threatened, they become aggressive. Although the animal looks awkward while traveling, it is very agile. The disadvantages of the breed are the presence of saliva and snoring.
- St. Bernard - a friendly dog with a calm character. Males weigh 70–90 kg, and females weigh 55–75 kg. Such a dedicated dog will be the best friend for an adult and a child. In his youth, the animal is very stubborn, but it is amenable to learning. St. Bernards are ideal for experienced dog breeders and active people.
- Pyrenean Mastiff was originally bred to guard herds. Representatives of this breed are a bit lazy, but very obedient. Such a good-natured dog shows aggression only when necessary. Dog weight varies between 70-85 kg. Females weigh an average of 60–75 kg. Some individuals reach 100 kg. Dogs get along well with children and various animals. In this case, the mastiff needs a strong host. Otherwise, the dog will consider himself the leader of the pack.
- German dog It is considered the highest dog. The growth of the animal is at least 70–80 cm. It is worth noting that males weigh between 55–90 kg, and the bough weighs 45–65 kg. The main characteristics of this breed are strength and ingenuity. Such powerful dogs love to walk, but can happily lie down at the feet of the owner. Faithful Great Dane - excellent guard dogs. They get along easily with children and need serious education. The dog is ideal for active people who are ready to go for a walk several times a day.
- Central asian shepherd dog for several decades has been used for protection. The weight of males reaches 60–85 kg, and the weight of females - 50–75 kg. These independent and independent dogs will become best friends, because they are attached to the owner and always feel his mood. For representatives of the breed will suit a private house with a large yard. Before you buy an Asian, you need to think carefully about whether you can properly raise and train a dog.
- Tibetan mastiff originally created to protect the temples. The average weight is 60–82 kg. These dogs have guard skills and can be used as a pack animal. Tribal Tibetan Mastiff is very expensive. A simple purebred puppy will cost 2-10 thousand dollars.
- Leonberger - It is a large-sized dog with a soft character. She is considered the best protection for the family and an excellent nanny for the child. Representatives of the breed often serve in the police or work as rescuers. Lenoberger were withdrawn in the XIX century in Germany. First, experts crossed the St. Bernard with Newfoundland, and then a large Pyrenean dog took part in the creation of the breed. Male Leonberger male weighs an average of 60-80 kg, and the weight of females is usually 50-70 kg. The dogs look huge due to the thick long hair, which makes them look like lions. These dogs are not suitable for the apartment. They need free space and a cool climate. Psam quite a long daily walk, but a special physical activity is not required.
- Caucasian Shepherd Dog It was originally used to protect a flock of sheep, but it will not give offense to its owner. Weight of males is 55–85 kg, and bitches - 50–65 kg. Growth of representatives of the breed often fluctuates between 70–80 cm. It is worth buying such a puppy only if you are ready to seriously engage in training and education. Otherwise, the grown-up dog will consider itself the main family.
- Boerboel known for his guard qualities. Dog weight is 68–90 kg, and bitches - 50–75 kg. Growth reaches 62–70 cm. In general, a boerboel is a very affectionate pet and an ideal companion. He loves active games and feels good mood host. Such dogs live longer than other representatives of large breeds. Boerboel is ideal for active people who are ready to train an animal and walk it daily.
Dogs of the largest breeds are famous for their size, excellent guard and guard qualities, as well as sociable disposition. In order for such an animal to feel comfortable, it is necessary to provide sufficient space for it, as well as to properly educate the dog. It is important to remember that individuals of large sizes need regular physical exertion and long walks.