All of the above components, due to the different effects of biologically active constituents, have long been used in medicine and veterinary medicine. They have an effect:
- enhancing the ability of epithelial cells to recover,
- stabilizing cell membranes of liver cells,
- oppressive pathogens.
Also Arsenicum album is part of the drug "Verakol". For cats, as well as for dogs and farm animals, the latter is used to improve the digestive and motor functions of the intestines. It also normalizes liver function.
How it is used
The drug is available in the form of a solution and tablets. As for the dog, “Verakol” for a cat can be used in both forms.
The solution is available in vials of 10 ml, 2 ml ampoules. Tablets - 0.1 g to 20 and 50 pieces in a plastic jar.
Previously, it gave owners some difficulties that “Verakol” was produced for cats only as a solution for injections. Tablets, unlike parenteral fluids, are usually easier to administer than injections. Therefore, the tool is now being produced in this dosage form.
How much to give the animal the drug "Verakol"? For a cat, the dose is one tablet at a time. The tablet form of the drug, depending on the severity of the disease, is prescribed 2-3 times a day.
Injections are performed if the owner is not able to give the pet a pill, or the animal is in a very serious condition and the intestinal absorption functions are severely impaired. Then it is better not to introduce medicine through the mouth, but bypassing the digestive tube. The course of treatment is usually up to five days for acute digestive disorders. For chronic dysfunctions of the intestines and liver, the animal is treated for up to three weeks with the drug “Verakol”. For a cat, it is prescribed to perform subcutaneous injections once or twice every day.
Release form and composition of the drug Verakol
- foot list thyroid - A plant with a high content of glycosidosmols, which has an antitumor effect. Traditional medicine often uses it in the fight against oncology. But the accuracy of the result has not yet been confirmed. Whereas in the solution of digestive disorders the toe leaf proved to be good. It promotes the healing of gastric and duodenal ulcers, will help to fight chronic diarrhea,
- white arsenic promotes the destruction of bacteria and is effective against diarrhea. This component is highly toxic. It is strictly forbidden to use it yourself, since minimal oversight in dosage can lead to profuse diarrhea and even death.
- hellebore white presented in the form of alkaloids, effectively relieving spasmodic manifestations of diarrhea and vomiting,
- bitter gourd It contains glycosides, which by the mechanism of action resemble alkaloids. They lead to the removal of spasms and provide reliable protection of the intestines against toxic and irritating compounds.
Verakol for cats can be purchased at a veterinary pharmacy in the following variations:
Indications for use
Use of the drug is recommended:
- if the animal acute and chronic diarrhea,
- gastritis and gastroenteritisFrom the smallest eating disorder to infectious diseases,
- if you have a pet diagnosed intestinal flatulence and colic,
- for kittens with dysbacteriosis,
- for preventive purposes to normalize the digestive process, especially in the case of the monotony of the pet menu,
- for old animals, which often manifest disruptions in the secretion of the glands of the thin and thick intestine.
Dosage and instructions for use
The dosage and use of the drug depends entirely on the diagnosis of the animal and its weight. Verakol can be used not only for cats, but also for dogs. Change only the amount of injected solution for injection. It is in this form of release, experts recommend the use of medicine.
If oral drops are used, 0.3 ml or 10 drops for every 10 kg of live weight is needed.
Depending on the diagnosis, the following treatment regimens are assumed:
- The treatment of acute gastritis and gastroenteritis is five days. Injections are given daily in the morning and evening
- Gastritis and gastroenteritis in chronic form are treated for about a month. The procedure is repeated three times a day,
- To get rid of food poisoning, injections are made three times a day until the animal is completely cured.
These are standard treatment regimens using Verakol Cat Injection. It is best to consult a specialist before using the drug. He is due to the health of a pet and its weight will be able to correct an individual course of treatment. In this case, the effect will come much faster.
Veracol injection is injected subcutaneously.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of the drug is three years from the date of its production, subject to compliance with all storage rules. It must be a dry place protected from direct sunlight with temperatures up to 30 degrees Celsius above zero. It is important to exclude children and animals from accessing medication, including the neighborhood with food and pet food.
Price and analogues
In veterinary practice, there are no pharmaceutical products similar in composition to Verakol for cats.
Depending on the form of release of the pharmaceutical product (tablets, drops or solution) Verakol will cost in the range of 140-280 rubles.
Verakol for cats - a unique tool that has no analogues. It will save your pet from most diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The drug can be used not only cats, but also dogs. The difference will be in the dosage of the medication.
The composition of the drug
First, this tool, oddly enough, can be called "traditional." The fact is that it consists of substances that have been used for the treatment of diseases of the digestive system for at least two centuries. You must admit that during this time a rather impressive experience was accumulated. So, here are the components that make up Verakol:
- Podophyllum (thyroid foot list). A plant attributable to a close relative of the notorious barberry. For therapeutic purposes, used fresh and dry rhizome. They have glycosidic resins. The plant has an antitumor effect, in folk medicine was used for cancer. Homeopaths use it more “prosaically”, curing digestive disorders of various etiologies. It has a healing effect on ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, rhizomes are useful for chronic diarrhea.
- Arsenicum album, that is, white arsenic. It sounds frightening, but it is precisely this that makes homeopathy different from official medicine - this area of healing believes that any poison can be a medicine, you just need to choose the right dose. Oddly enough, but microscopically arsenic improves muscle endurance. There is information about its antibacterial action, the same substance may be useful in case of diarrhea (and at the smallest dose excess cause profuse diarrhea).
- Veratrum album (Chemeritsa white). As part of this poisonous plant, in general, contains many alkaloids. They (in homeopathic doses) effectively relieve spasms, which leads to the relief of the animal's condition with profuse diarrhea, with vomiting.
- Colocynthis (Bitter Gourd). The action is similar to the previous component. It contains many glycosides, which also relieve intestinal spasms. In addition, glycosides are able to form on the intestinal mucosa a dense and durable film that protects the latter from exposure to toxins and irritants.
Thus, Verakol drops for cats is a tool that has proven itself in the treatment of not only gastrointestinal disorders, but also any diseases accompanied by attacks of acute spastic pain.
The drug is available in the form of a solution for injection (10 ml and 100 ml each) and tablets, as well as in the form of a solution (drop), which is administered orally. The latter are packaged in small bottles of soft plastic.
What effect does the drug have?
The main advantage of the product, which justifies its use in veterinary practice, is a pronounced anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action. Use the drug Verakol for animals can be for any disease of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by similar effects.
Besides, The main effect of Verakol is to restore the functionality of the intestinal mucosa. This is very important when it comes to protracted diarrhea caused by enteritis and gastroenteritis. Practicing veterinarians indicate that the recovery period is reduced by at least a couple of weeks, that is, the medicine preserves the health of your pet.
The creators of Verakol argue that their drug is able to restore the barrier function of the mucous membrane and intestinal wall. Thus, the drug can be effectively applied not only in the treatment and prevention of infectious diseases that hit the gastrointestinal tract, but also in the restoration of the cat during the period of recovery from helminthic invasions. Since helminths sometimes turn the mucosa into a “sieve”, homeopathic “notes” in the treatment are clearly not superfluous.
At the same time the drug inhibits the development of staphylococci and streptococci, so that the drug is justified to ask in terms of preventing the development of secondary infections. Again, they often “unfold” in the conditions of an organism already weakened by some other infectious pathology or large-scale worm infestation.
Advantages over the "traditional" drugs
First, numerous “field” tests have unequivocally confirmed that the drug can reduce the recovery time for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract by about two times. This not only reduces the number of used powerful antibacterial drugs (and save your money), but also protects the cat's health.
A huge advantage of this drug is the lack of interaction with other drugs. For all the time of clinical trials, there were no contraindications or side effects. The accumulation effect was also not found.
Besides his It can be safely used even for the treatment of young animals and kittens. This is especially important, since it is in this category of animals that the most frequently encountered pathology data. To use strong antibiotics in this case is far from the best idea. Finally, the use of this drug does not imply the abandonment of "scientific" drugs.
When to use?
So, in what cases is it worth poking a Verakol cat? As you might have guessed, the list of possible diseases is wide. Let's try to specify it:
- Cases of acute and chronic diarrhea of all etiologies (i.e., diarrhea).
- Gastritis and gastroenteritis, also of all etiologies - from simple eating disorder to infectious pathologies and helminths.
- Intestinal flatulence and colic resulting from its occurrence.
- In the case of young kittens, a portion of Veracola can help solve the problem with a sudden onset of intestinal dysbiosis.
- If your pet's diet is monotonous for some reason, as a result of which it constantly has problems with digestion, the purpose of this drug is indicated for prevention.
- In addition, experienced veterinarians believe that the drug can help in cases of violation of the secretion of the glands of the small and large intestine. They are the common cause of chronic constipation in old animals.
Given all of the above, it is not surprising that many veterinary experts recommend the use of Veracola as a tonic.
Dosing and methods of use
So, what is the dosage, and how can this medicine be used at all? We recommend practicing injecting since it is possible to make sure that the medicine is delivered exactly “on purpose”.
The dose is simple - from 0.5 to 1.5 ml. Accordingly, kittens can work half a milliliter, large animals up to one and a half. Injections are made subcutaneously and intramuscularly. If the rules of asepsis and antiseptics are observed, the medicine does not cause any irritation, swelling, abscesses.
Injections of the drug are placed two or three times a day. More precisely, in ordinary cases it is better to administer the drug twice, with severe infections, other pathological processes - three times. The duration of the course should be established by a specialist, but, as a rule, the medicine is injected until the animal’s state is fully stabilized (from three days to a couple of weeks).
In tablets, the drug is also administered two or three times. Give one pill at a time. Tablets have a neutral taste, do not taste bitter, do not cause any other unpleasant sensations in the animal. Just crush them into powder, mix with minced meat, give to your pet.
The dosage of the drug in the drops is carried out at the rate of one drop per kilogram of body weight. Since the drug is tasteless, it is simply dripped onto the tongue of a cat (or directly into the oral cavity). Before or after the meal - does not matter.
The composition and release form of the drug
This drug can rightly be called traditional, as its constituent components have been used for the treatment of ailments of the digestive system for a long time, and during this period all the features of this medicine have been identified.
The composition of Verakol includes:
- Thyroid thyroid - this plant has an antitumor and healing effect. According to its characteristics, the medicinal plant is very similar to barberry and is very often used for oncological diseases.
- White arsenic - no matter how strange it would seem, but arsenic used in small doses can have a beneficial effect and significantly increase muscle endurance. In addition, this substance has an antibacterial effect.
- White caramel - this plant is also considered poisonous, but despite this it is used in this preparation to relieve spasms and alleviate the general condition of the animal during such manifestations as diarrhea and vomiting.
- Bitter gourd - this component is also aimed at removing spasms and protecting the body from toxins and irritants.
Verakol for cats produced by Russian manufacturers and is intended for veterinary use.
The drug is manufactured by the manufacturer in three dosage forms:
- in solution for injection,
- in the form of tablets,
- in the form of drops, which are administered orally.
Instructions for use and dosage of the drug Verakol for cats and dogs
The dosage of the homeopathic medicine Verakol in each individual case is chosen individually. In that case, if you decide to give your pet a drug on its own, then it should be done according to the instructions for use of Verakol for cats, according to which the standard rates are calculated depending on the weight of the animal and the treatment regimens. That is why, regardless of whether the doctor prescribes the drug, or whether it is chosen independently, it is necessary first of all to be based on individual indications.
It should be borne in mind that if a solution is administered in injections, then its amount should be calculated from the fact that 0.1 ml of the drug should be prescribed for one kilogram of cat weight. The introduction of the composition is carried out subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
If Verakol is prescribed in drops, then the dosage should be calculated so that ten kilograms of weight should be
As for dogs, in this case Verakol can be prescribed for use independently. The dosage is chosen exactly the same as in the situation with cats, depending on the weight of the animal. In that case, if the dog's body weight is between forty and eighty kilograms, then a single dose should be from 2 to 4 milliliters, but if the body weight does not exceed forty kilograms, then the animal should not be given one more than two milliliters of the drug.
Since the drug is classified as a homeopathic remedy, in most cases it does not cause any adverse reactions. But nevertheless before its application it is recommended to consult with a specialist.
Verakol produced in drops is recommended for use at the rate of ten kilograms of animal weight; ten drops are taken.
Назначается препарат в этой лекарственной форме при расстройствах ЖКТ, пищевых отравлениях, хронических гастроэнтеритах и гастритах, а также для лечения острых гастритов.
При каких заболеваниях следует давать препарат собакам
Как показывает ветеринарная практика эффекты от применения этого лекарственного средства практически всегда только положительные. К основным показаниям препарата для собак является следующее:
- хроническая или острая диарея,
- problems with the digestive tract,
- intestinal colic and cramps,
- chronic and acute dysbacteriosis,
- chronic digestive disorders,
- a disorder in the secretion of the glands of the large and thin intestine.
Characteristics of the drug Verakol
Verakol (Verakol) is a homeopathic medicine used in veterinary medicine to treat inflammatory diseases of the digestive system. The generic name for Verakol is Veratrum album, Acidum arsenicosum, Colocynthis, Podophyllum peltatum. The manufacturer of the medicine is the Russian company LLC AlexAnn.
The formula of the drug Verakol developed by Russian scientists
Drug release form
Verakol is available in three drug forms:
- solution for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections,
- solution for oral administration.
Solution for injection is sold in glass vials with a volume of 10 to 500 ml. Each bottle, regardless of volume, is corked with a rubber stopper and run-in with an aluminum ring. Each unit (except 200 and 500 ml) is packed in a cardboard box with instructions for use. The boxes are packed in medicine in a transparent glass container, and large-volume bottles are made of dark glass (this is due to the need to protect the solution from direct sunlight).
This form of the drug is considered the most economical. A 100 ml bottle costs between 200 and 270 rubles (depending on the store / pharmacy).
Verakol is on sale in packaging of 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 and 500 ml
Verakol tablets are packaged in plastic jars (50 pieces each). These pills are white and round in shape. The polymeric material from which the container for tablets is made is transparent, so additional packing in the boxes is not needed. All necessary information is listed on the label of the jar:
- name of the medicine
- number of pills
- name and contacts of the manufacturer,
- composition of the drug and method of use,
- date of issue and expiration date
- the inscription "for veterinary use", etc.
One pack of Verakol tablets costs from 105 to 175 rubles.
Verakol tablets are packaged in small polymer jars
Drops for oral administration Verakol is a clear, colorless solution, poured into 20 ml of polymeric vials. Each bottle has a cap-dropper instead of a cork with a screw cap. Each unit is packed additionally in a cardboard box.
Some cat owners proudly tell how they drank the rest of the solution for injection to their pets. This can not be done, since these forms have different compositions. Therefore, if the pharmacy offers you to replace one form with another, look for medicine at another pharmacy. You probably came across an inexperienced pharmacist.
The cost of one bottle of Verakol drops can reach 270 rubles, but this form is considered the most convenient.
Verakol in the form of a solution for watering is packaged in convenient vials with a pipette.
The composition of Veracola
The composition of the drug Verakol depends on the form of release. In 1 liter of solution for pricks contains:
- tincture white hellebore,
- arsenic acid
- tincture of toe leaf,
- tincture of colocinthus fruits,
- sodium chloride and water for injection (excipients).
As drug active ingredients, matrix tinctures of medicinal plants and mineral compounds are used, therefore Verakol is considered a homeopathic remedy.
The tablets include the following substances:
- tincture of the foot of the thyroid,
- white arsenic oxide
- tincture white hellebore,
- colocin fruit powder,
- sugar krupka and calcium stearate (excipients).
The solution for watering (1 l) consists of the following components:
- tincture white hellebore,
- arsenic acid
- tincture of podofill thyroid,
- tincture of colocinthus fruits,
- ethyl alcohol and purified water (excipients).
The composition of the drug is indicated on the packaging box.
In what conditions to store the medicine
The instructions say that Verakol should be stored:
- in the closed packaging of the manufacturer,
- separate from food and feed,
- in a dry place protected from direct sunlight
- at a temperature from 0 ° C to 25 ° C.
These conditions are relevant to all dosage forms of the drug, only the shelf life is different. Solutions are stored for 3 years from the date of issue, tablets - 5 years.
How does the drug
Due to the soft action of the components, Verakol is able to relieve inflammation and improve GI motility. Verakol as a homeopathic drug belongs to low-risk drugs, so it is prescribed for diseases of varying severity. If you are not sure that your cat has indications for use, contact your veterinarian.
Before applying recommended veterinary consultation
Features of use for the treatment of cats
Important points in the use of Verakol are the selection of dosage and treatment regimen. Usually this is done by a veterinarian, and the owner of the cat receives a ready appointment. But if you do not have the opportunity to visit a veterinary clinic, then you can prepare these calculations yourself. Dosage and regimen depends on the form of release of the drug.
Table: selection of the dosage of the drug
It is more convenient to make a subcutaneous injection (shot in the withers), but some owners prefer to inject the medicine into the muscle. In any case, it is important to choose the right place for the injection.
Injections to your cats and always do it yourself. With a subcutaneous injection, everything is clear - even a beginner can handle it. But intramuscular injection is sometimes accompanied by troubles. I ask someone from the household to help, holding the cat by the withers. The fact is that most cats are immobilized, if you take them by the scruff. The cat is released only when the syringe remains empty. There is another secret - it is more convenient to use a needle from an insulin syringe (it is thinner, sharper and shorter). And you need to enter it quickly, and press the syringe's piston better smoothly.
Subcutaneous injections are more convenient to do in the withers, and intramuscular - in the back of the thigh (the widest place)
Verakol tablets should be given to the animal in a course of 5-7 days. If the desired effect is not achieved, the treatment is extended for the same period. The number of medications taken per day depends on the complexity of the disease (2 or 3 times a day). Important: in the treatment of chronic diseases (for example, gastritis) the course of treatment lasts up to a month. Single dosage - 1 tablet, regardless of the cat's body weight.
Cat owners often have trouble using pills: cats spit them out, spit up, or simply refuse to open their mouths. You can resort to fraudulent maneuver - crush the medicine and mix with a small amount of canned feline. If the animal feels like a dirty trick and the “focus” failed, then you can purchase a tablet press in a vet pharmacy. This device works on the principle of a syringe, it can be used to put a pill on the root of the tongue, and the cat will swallow it.
I easily manage to feed my cat a tablet of drugs. The main thing is to put the cat in the correct position and throw the pill correctly. I usually place the cat on my lap so that its head is slightly tilted back. I unclench my jaws only with my left hand to take the medicine with my right. The tablet should be lowered into the cat's mouth so that it falls close to the throat (on the root of the tongue). The animal will automatically swallow it and will not be able to spit it out.
An inexperienced cat owner can buy a tablet press (this handy device is sold in any veterinary pharmacy)