Sizar is one of the most popular and numerous representatives of wild pigeons. The bird has a gray or light gray color, due to which it got its name. Sizar is very similar to a rocky pigeon, but has a tail of a darker color. This is its main distinguishing feature.
This breed is common in Europe, Asia and North Africa. Gray pigeons prefer to live in the highlands, but can sometimes be located near the forest. This species of wild pigeons rarely moves from place to place, as it prefers a sedentary lifestyle.
Considering the species of wild pigeons (photo and names), you should dwell on the rocky one, which, as mentioned above, is very similar to sisar. The main difference is the black beak and the tail of a light color. In addition, it is smaller in size than sizar. Habitat rocky pigeon - Altai, Tien Shan, the mountains of Tibet, the Himalayas. This breed nests most often in pairs. The remaining qualities of a rocky pigeon are the same as those of a sizar.
Studying species of wild pigeons (see photo in the article), you should focus on the clintuche. The plumage of this breed has a bluish color, a neck with a greenish hue, a goiter is red, the wings are gray-blue, and there are black stripes on the tail. The habitat of this breed is northern Kazakhstan, southern Siberia, Turkey, Africa, and China. From the cold areas, birds usually fly away to warm regions for the winter period, and in the southern regions they prefer sedentary lifestyles. They settle in places where there are large rocky trees (parks, forests).
The species of wild pigeons in Russia are very diverse, but the crowned pigeon lives only in hot countries, for example, in New Guinea. He settles in the wet forests, in the jungle, in the thickets of mango. The pigeon received its name because of the specific tuft that can fall and rise depending on the emotions and mood of the bird. In addition, this breed is the owner of fairly long legs, and in size it is not more than a canary.
Representatives of this breed are the largest among all wild pigeons. The tail length reaches 15 centimeters. Coloring is not much different from the gray and rock pigeons. Neck with a bright greenish tint. Common pigeon is common in Europe and Asia. Prefers to nest in forests or parks. With ease transfers any climatic conditions.
So, we reviewed the species of wild pigeons, photos with names. Further more dwell on the meat rocks. Residents of the United States and Western Europe have appreciated the taste of these birds, and now they are actively breeding pigeons there.
This is a favorite species of pigeons among US residents. For the first time they were bred in the XIX century. Kinga have a broad fleshy body, developed muscles and a strong skeleton. The plumage of representatives of this breed can be monotonous (black, white, brown) and spotty. Kings practically do not know how to fly. Perhaps this is due to their large body.
Considering the meat types of pigeons with photos and names, you should focus on the modem. This species was bred in England. Birds have a muscular, massive body. Their tail stands almost vertically. Modena weigh quite a lot (about 1 kg). Because of this, they practically do not fly. As for the plumage, it can be either monophonic or dark with light wings.
In addition to taste, people noticed in pigeons and other features. For example, some of them are able to return to their usual place. These birds were called postal. But it was soon noticed that each of them has its own particular style of flight. This group of pigeons is the largest among all. Depending on the manner of flying, they were divided into the following types:
- High-flying breed. Such pigeons, soaring into the sky, describe several circles. In flight, they can be from 2 to 10 hours.
- Pigeons. They differ in special turns through the wing, which creates the impression that the bird is tumbling in the air.
- Bocky breed. They fly low, while making a roll through the tail, as a result, there is a click that occurs when the wings strike.
- Rollers. Such feathered as if circling around its axis, making somersaults through the wing.
Considering the flying species of pigeons, it is necessary to note the Nikolaev breed. These birds - the most popular among the flight. For the first time they were seen in Ukraine in the city of Nikolaev. Like other representatives of flying pigeons, they have their own peculiarity of flight - they take off and rise up in a straight line, then stop in the air and flutter with their wings. The Nikolaev pigeons are owners of very long wings, a small neck and short legs. Their color is gray, black, white and even yellow and red.
Berlin short-billed pigeon
This breed belongs to the fighting pigeons, which in flight make a flip through the tail and click at the same time with their wings. Its representatives appeared in the 19th century in the city of Berlin (hence the name). These pigeons have a small body, a small head, a bulging forehead and a short beak. The peculiarity is that their wings hang below the tail. Short-billed pigeons are very active. Their plumage can be both monophonic and variegated.
Studying the flying species of pigeons, special attention should be paid to the German monk. This is an ancient and very beautiful breed. These pigeons appeared in the 17th century. Their homeland is Germany. The peculiarity of birds is that they are able to lure other pigeons to themselves, although they themselves fly a little. Thanks to this distinctive feature, they were used to steal other birds. The size of a German monk is small, has a bulging forehead and a small beak. Externally, it is characterized by the presence of a specific “hood” on the back of the head.
The fact that pigeons were used as postmen is no secret to anyone. For the purpose of transmitting the messages of these birds, the inhabitants of Ancient Rome and Greece also used them. In the Middle Ages, only kings could afford to keep postal pigeons. This type of communication was considered the most reliable and fast. Even during the Second World War, the amazing ability of the pigeon was useful to people in the absence of another connection.
Time has passed, and humanity no longer needs the postal services of birds. Now this breed is called sports and use their ability in competitions. Belgium is the world center of this bird sport. It should be noted that the ability of pigeons to navigate the terrain and overcome long distances is a hereditary trait. Other breeds do not have such a gift.
Considering the postal species of pigeons, special attention should be paid to the Belgian. This is the best representative of its breed. It flies very quickly and is well oriented in space. The Belgians have a wide chest, a short tail, a round head. Their plumage is usually blue, with light wings.
Belgian pigeons are considered champions. The bird of this breed was sold for the highest price - 328 thousand dollars.
The main feature of these birds is their appearance. They have various tufts, unusual length and shape of wings, growths, various color of feathering and other signs. In addition, birds can have a special body shape or posture. Some species in color of feathers repeat many famous birds (larks, swallows, gulls, bullfinches). Decorative species are bred solely for beauty and aesthetic pleasure.
This type of decorative pigeons is considered the most beautiful. Their peculiarity is the lush tail, which is very similar to the peacock. Hence the name of the breed. The plumage of such pigeons is different, but white is considered a classic. No wedding, show or show is complete without these beautiful birds.
Representatives of this unusual breed are included in the group of wart pigeons. Their main distinguishing feature is special skin growths around the eyes. In addition, they have a bulging forehead and a small beak. The plumage is not only monophonic, there are also unusual colors, for example, yellow or red.
Representatives of this breed have a rich feather decoration. They have two tufts on their heads, and long feathers on their paws. Regardless of the color of the forehead of these pigeons will always be white. Plumage looks like a monk's hood. Hence the name of this breed.
From the history of Russian breeds
The first "official" golubevodom in Russia, who made a serious contribution to the selection of pigeons, was Count Alexei Orlov. For his pigeons brought birds from different parts of Russia, Turkey, Greece, England, Germany. Thanks to his efforts, the pedigree qualities of modern boroduns and Oryol turmans were laid.
Many of the Russian breeds of pigeons were formed by the beginning of the 20th century.
By the middle of the XIX century, the breeding of pigeons ceases to be the prerogative of the nobility and acquires national importance. The pigeon post office is organized, the first pigeon nursery opens at Moscow University, books and magazines devoted to pigeon hunting are beginning to be published, exhibitions are organized.
By the beginning of the twentieth century, many Russian breeds of pigeons were formed.
After the revolution, golubevodstvo declined. In the 30s, the pigeon population sharply decreased. The owners of pigeons were accused of espionage, the transfer of secret data by pigeon mail. Birds destroyed. The owners were sent to the camps. Even more, the number of birds decreased during World War II. A large number of primordial Russian breeds disappeared forever.
In the postwar years, amateurs and professional breeders began to revive their favorite breeds. Today, there are more than two hundred registered domestic breeds in the country, many of which are recognized by the international communities of pigeon breeders.
Important. The most popular domestic breeds are: stately pigeons, Russian turmans, Astrakhan, Volga, Voronezh, Tula, Chelyabinsk, Baku pigeons, Chinese seagulls, high-flying pigeons, rooks, grivunas, Tula beetles, swans, chiliks.
Grivuny (Permian) - one of the old Russian breeds. In an article published in 1888 in the journal Nature and Hunting, it was stated that the breed had formed and spread by the beginning of the 19th century. Its author called the “parents” of grivunas - the blue Dubovka, Kamyshin pigeons and the white Penza tourman.
Appearance, addition of hryvnias testify to excellent flight qualities:
- body length 35-47 cm
- head rounded, medium in size, smooth,
- eyes are clear, dark
- plumage dense.
In our time, several varieties of hryvnas are bred, differing in color and flight characteristics:
- Permians are white birds with a blue, black or red mane. Excellent flyers with a developed spatial orientation. Able to stay in the air for up to 10 hours, especially strong individuals - up to 12 hours. They fly even in a discharged atmosphere at high altitude.
- Southern grivunas (Kirov, Nikolaev) are smaller birds, with a neck and back of yellow, black (Chubariki) or red. They differ in flight style: in 2-4 hours, the pigeon descends several times and then re-gains its original height.
Black Peg Thurman
Black-piebald (black-roan, Kaluga) turmans originate from Orlov boroduns and Orlov white pigeons, gray turmans.
The standard was officially approved in 1912:
- average bird size, 34-36 cm,
- long wings sweeping, the ends go down below the tail,
- body wide, elongated,
- rounded or faceted head with a prominent high forehead, small,
- eyes are large, expressive, dark, bulging,
- white beak, slightly curved downwards, short, strong,
- color black with green tint and weedy pattern,
- belly, thighs, cheeks, chin, wings are just as white,
- in black tail 12 tail feathers,
- short feet,
- the standard allows for both the presence and absence of a forelock,
- Orlovtsev’s initial excellent flight qualities were lost during breeding, the flight duration is small, the bird turns hard,
- typical flight on a wide high circle with a series of flip-flops (katov).
Known subspecies of black and white pearl on a black background, characterized by black cheeks, chin, chest, thigh.
Important. Black and piebald turmans have recently been bred as an ornamental bird.
The name received from the Volga city Dubovka in which they were withdrawn. There is another local name - Kondratyevsky.
The main characteristic feature of the Dubovka pigeons is a lingering, muffled uterine cooing.
They belong to the high-flying pigeons. Fly in a small circle at high altitude. Dubovtsy can be in the air up to 8 hours, have a developed spatial orientation.
In the descriptions of the Dubovka pigeons, the required parameters are indicated:
- medium-sized drover wing with slightly raised tail,
- landing low, bare, non-feathered legs short, red (crimson),
- a tubular head of an oblong shape with a small low forehead, nape in the form of a tubercle and a flat temechkom,
- slightly curved neck of medium size
- trunk slightly elongated, with a broad and well developed chest,
- long, up to 24 mm, straight white beak,
- body, tail, head, neck colouration, gray-white, pure white, gray-blue (gray), red,
- wings with colored feathers-epaulettes on the shoulders,
- tail up to 24 mm in length from 12-14 feathers, with a dark ribbon at the end,
- eyes are bright, silvery.
Reference. The content is unpretentious. Have a developed parental instinct.
Kamyshin pigeons or canes come from Volga Kamyshin. Breed group was formed by the end of the XIX century on the basis of gray pigeons. The reeds were derived for the favorite joy - "rut" and belong to the group of stately pigeons.
The flying qualities of pigeons are excellent. They are devoted to home, they always find the way to the nest, they are perfectly oriented. Fly alone or in a flock of high circle.
- evildorated proportional birds, with a body length of 35-38 cm,
- the main color is pure black, there are local subspecies with yellow, blue, fawn, coffee, red plumage, the standard allows a metallic sheen on the neck and chest, corresponding to the basic color, the wings of any basic color are pure white,
- plumage tight to the body,
- narrow head oval, slightly elongated, smooth, with gentle any:
- large eyes pinkish gray or yellowish, large, with narrow grayish eyelids,
- beak medium, tight, pink
- legs are bare, short, crimson, claws are white,
- wings strong, long,
- there are no shields and belts,
- tail flat, raised, without a white ribbon at the end.
Armavir white-headed kosmachi
Work on breeding was carried out in Armavir since the end of the 17th century. The source material was the North Caucasian long-billed kosmachs. Armavir white-headed kosmachs are included in the International catalogs of breeds of pigeons. Breed is considered one of the most beautiful, elite and quite expensive.
A characteristic feature of birds is a rich abundant plumage on the legs (kosma). There are chubaty and bezbuby subspecies.
Breed characteristics include:
- high feathered legs with long spurs,
- stately proud posture,
- long white beak,
- intense color - yellow, black with a red tint (burnt), red, black, gray with a faint yellowish or reddish tinge (sparrow) in combination with white plumage on the head and wings,
- on the edge of feathers with a wide veil a darker rim - a scale,
- long wings converging to the back.
Fly up to one and a half hours at an altitude of 50-100 m. The style of flight is smooth, with a slight influx, entering a vertical 10-meter pole with a loud, dry battle, with 3-5 revolutions, with 2-9 revolutions during .
Important. Armavir bald (bald) are included in the group of fighting pigeons.
Volga red breasts
The breed was bred by Volga breeders on the basis of Kazan shakes, Rzhev pigeons and North Caucasian colored kachuns. Pigeons are bred as an ornamental breed, although some individuals show good flight qualities.
Among the racial characteristics of the Volga red breasts:
- small, short body, similar in structure to kachunami,
- high raised wide tail of 16-18 feathers with a transverse white stripe,
- spectacular cherry-white suit
- head, main body, tail rich cherry, shiny, feathers with purple tint on chest and neck,
- cheeks, throat in the upper part, podklbvye, stomach, legs, wings and a white, white
- short legs with plumage in the form of a bell,
- round smooth head
- eyes are pinkish, with dark inclusions and pupil,
- a thick small fawn-pink beak,
- neck with a beautiful, proud bend, a pigeon shakes it, justifying belonging to the group of shakes,
- massive pink beak,
- shields matching in color with the main.
The standard allowed yellow color with a white stripe on the tail and pure black without white tail decoration.
Волжские ленточные голуби
Волжские ленточные голуби родом из средней полосы России. Формировали породу вислокрылые голуби из Сызрани и Ржева. Декоративные качества и окрас привнесли волжские красногрудые.
With proper maintenance and regular training, pigeons show good flying qualities. Able up to 3 hours to fly slowly over a wide and high range.
They are distinguished by tenderness and loyalty in relation to the chosen partner; they often show tenderness towards each other, good caring parents.
Their standard is similar to the standard of the Volga red breasts:
- cherry white or lemon white plumage color,
- a wide raised flat tail is decorated with a white stripe up to one and a half centimeters wide,
- head round with a flat crown and broad forehead,
- dark eyes,
- the light pink beak is wide at the base, short, pointed at the end,
- proudly arched thick neck of medium length,
- trunk shortened, with wide chest and back,
- wings long, lower than tail,
- short legs are feathered
- posture, stately, stately, differ in power of nature.
Voronezh white-eyed pigeons
Voronezh white-eyed (Voronezh white-toed-white-belted, bearded) is one of the oldest domestic breeds known since the time of Catherine II. They belong to the breed group of pure pigeons Voronezh.
Stand out among other breeds flight style. Without making circles, a dense group of birds confidently gains altitude, slows the flight, and, after a short time, turns around, rising higher. At high altitude, the flock stretches into a chain, sometimes the birds "go into motion" - swaying from side to side. Fly up to 2 hours. Go down to the dovecote in circles.
Breed traits include:
- dry, strong format, developed muscles,
- body length 32-34 cm
- bulging wide chest
- dense, rich plumage of the main light gray-blue color with glitter,
- light gray or white head and neck
- an elongated head shape, decorated with a beard, a flat little forelock and a colored forehead,
- eyes are dark, shiny,
- thin long beak of dark color
- long, well developed wings, tight to the hull,
- legs with feathers drooping down to fingers
- straight full tail.
Homeland coffee Turman city of Tula. In fact, it is a subspecies of Tula beetles. The exact origin of the breed has not been established. Among the pigeon breeders there is an opinion that Smolensk chubaty rooks (Lobachi) participated in the formation of the breed.
By racial characteristics include:
- a wide faceted cubic head with a broad forehead, characteristic of domestic Turmans,
- large light silvery wet eyes with white eyelids,
- wide forelock
- red and brown color of different shades from dark coffee to fawn,
- on the neck feathers with green tint,
- powerful fat short beak
- leathery rim around the eyes of a light cream color about 2 mm wide.
Important. The population of coffee Turmans is small. The bird requires careful care, choosy to the conditions of detention, feed.
Spartaki relatively new breed. It was bred by Bashkir golubevodami at the beginning of the XX century on the basis of Staroufimskoy black and white breed of pigeons.
Breed standard adopted in 1981:
- body size 33-35 cm,
- the constitution is strong, elegant, the format is strong,
- color is saturated, two-color, with glitter,
- the basic tone is black, gray, red, white color of plumage only on the abdomen,
- between the base of the beak and the eyes of the "earrings" are colored feathers,
- the head is round, with a small low forehead, a forelock-crest on the back of the head, up to 5 mm high,
- eyes are brilliant, yellow-red with yellow-pink eyelids,
- medium-sized straight white beak, gray mandible (horny),
- the neck is strong, thick,
- the wings are well developed, strong, tight to the body, elastic, the ends reach the tail,
- colored shields
- short legs feathered "stockings"
- tail of 12 tail feathers, narrow.
They belong to the group of high-flying pigeons, have good flight characteristics.
In flight, Spartaki "keep the line." Always fly cohesive, dense pack. The flight is long, high, in a small circle.
When breeding poultry for slaughter, it is sent to meat as early as possible, because everyone knows that young meat has a very tender, juicy and pleasant taste. Therefore, at home, broilers are grown, which quickly gain weight.
Keeping and caring for representatives of meat breeds is intended to fatten the bird more quickly, since slaughter is most often carried out 4 weeks after the hatching of the chick. At this age, carcasses are easier to clean from feathers, and their meat is very juicy and soft meat.
Today, there are a large number of meat breeds. They are divided into three groups: meat, chicken and giant. Each group includes several species of birds and is distinguished by certain features.
Outwardly, they resemble ordinary domestic birds, but larger in size. Representatives of this type are (picture 1):
- Moravian Strasser originally from Moravia. These birds have smooth plumage, broad back, medium height. The main color of the plumage is snow white, and the head, wings, tail and back are colored. Strassers quickly gain weight, breed well and have a good taste of meat, which is considered a delicacy. They also fly very well.
- Coburg Lark It has a large weight and wingspan, so it flies well. These birds are excellent parents, besides they give high productivity and are considered the most beautiful among meat birds.
- Prahensky Canik - very prolific meat breed. They have a short torso, a beautiful figure and head. The chest and back are wide, the neck is medium, the wings are strong. Their meat is considered elite.
Chicken breeds resemble chickens with a small wide body, small tail and high legs. They are distinguished by high fecundity and large weight.
Chicken species are (Figure 2):
- Hungarian giant: they are characterized by a large body, large head, wide back and chest, rather short legs. They differ from others by abundant feathering of the legs. Color feathers may be different.
- Florentine was launched in Italy. It has a long neck, a broad round body, a small tail and long legs. Color is blue, black, red, yellow, silver. It flies badly.
- Maltese pigeons originally from Germany. Externally, they have a small body, a long thin neck, long legs and tall stature. Color feathers may be different. Such birds have high fertility, but fly poorly.
The gigantic species is giant pigeons with a large build and massive size; they do not fly very well.
Vivid representatives of gigantic species are (Figure 3):
- King Bred in the US. They are distinguished from other species by their massive body, short raised tail and long legs. The colors are black, yellow, red and white. Representatives of this species can sometimes reach a weight of more than one kilogram. Very prolific.
- Strasser - the most popular breed in terms of cooking. They are characterized by large weight, high fertility and good taste. By coloring plumage are blue, gray, black, red, yellow. The lack of birds is that they are fearful and pugnacious.
- Carnot Bred in France. These birds grow rapidly, but their weight is small. They have a long pink beak and beautiful black, beige, brown, white and blue.
An overview of the breed King pigeons you will find in the video.
Sports breeds of pigeons (features, description and care)
Previously, sports pigeons were used to transmit messages over long distances and called them postal. In our time, they have lost their practical purpose, they are bred only to participate in competitions. So the name changed from “postal” to “sports”.
Pigeons of sports species are distinguished by high speed of flights, the ability to accurately and quickly navigate the terrain, can overcome great distances and come back. Such qualities are inherent in them and they are inherited.
Note: For any birds, proper care is important. Communication with pigeons and regular inspection are important parts of care.
When the competition period begins, birds need to provide good nutrition with vitamin and mineral complexes and supplements.
Sports pigeons should be inspected immediately after arrival. It is also necessary to monitor the hygiene in the room for their maintenance.
Belgian pigeons exhibition
Belgian pigeons are considered the best among the mail. Their main advantages are speed and ability to navigate in space. They have a rounded body with a wide chest, a round head, a middle tail (Figure 4).
Figure 4. External features of the Belgian exhibition birds
The color of the plumage is very different, but often blue with light wings. A characteristic feature is the smooth silky plumage.
All breeds of decorative pigeons: photos (features, description and care)
Individuals are considered decorative with an unusual body shape, beautiful coloring, irregular shape and structure of feathers, a peculiar posture and other external features. Because of these parameters, the exterior of each decorative breed may differ.
Such pigeons are bred exclusively for beauty. The most popular decorative breeds of pigeons with photographs and names will be described below.
Barb Dove is a type of warty and is characterized by skin growths around the eyes, also has a prominent broad forehead and short beak. Build large. Barb color is only monochromatic - white, black, yellow, red (Figure 5).
Figure 5. The appearance of the barb
Despite the unusual appearance, pigeons of this species are considered very popular, but in order to preserve the decorative effect, they must be kept in clean rooms and strictly adhere to the diet.
Such pigeons have a very slim body and an unusually straight high body set relative to the ground. Looking at them you might think that the body below the goiter is too tight a belt.
Figure 6. Representatives of the breed Brno blow
Another difference that distinguishes these birds from others is walking exclusively on the fingers. It is these external features that determine the value of the Brno duff as a decorative breed (Figure 6).
Bohemian Astronaut, the magic swallow
This breed comes from the Czech Republic. They belong to the group of colored pigeons. These birds have a large body and thick plumage on their paws. The main color of feathers is white.
Figure 7. Representatives of the Bohemian Cosmonog breed
The magic swallow attracts attention with its chess pattern of wings and legs. Such a pattern in birds of this breed is the same for all and is a characteristic feature of the breed (Figure 7).
All about pigeons derish breed
Hungarian high flying pigeons are often called derishi. They differ from other breeds in the ability to rise high in the sky and soar in the clouds for a long time.
It is often used in sports competitions, but birds have a decorative meaning, so they can be bred for participation in exhibitions. Everything about the pigeons of the Derish breed can be found in the sections below.
Excellent orientation in space and have a good memory. Easily find your home, even if they are a few dozen kilometers away. In flight, they can stay up to 10 hours, while they feel good and practically do not get tired.
Derishi good parents. Sometimes they are used to feed other chicks whose parents cannot do it themselves.
Derisha is not demanding in conditions of keeping and feeding. Proper dovecote, constant cleaning, fresh air and natural light will help your birds to be healthy.
Flight breeds (features, description and care)
After people noticed that pigeons were able to return to their places of residence, they began to be used as post birds. Soon, becoming interested in their beauty and ability to fly, special flight breeds appeared. The most important characteristics of birds are height, duration and style. All such species differ in a certain style of flight and ability to fly.
According to these parameters, all the flight rocks are divided into:
- chasing - in the sky perform an unusual circular flight and whirl through the wing,
- high-flying - they are distinguished by the fact that the whole flock rises in the sky at the same time. In the sky can be continuously up to 10 hours
- fighting - they do not rise very high in the sky, but when flying, they make somersaults through the tail. Vertical rolls can reach 10 meters in height,
- scooters - in flight they tumble over the wing. When observing their flight, there is a visual impression that they are spinning around their axis.
In the sections below we provide detailed descriptions of some of the popular flying species of pigeons that are suitable for home breeding.
Belongs to the category of pigeons. They are distinguished by the fact that during the flight in a straight vertical line they rise up without making circular movements.
Figure 10. Nikolaev breed
The Nikolaev birds are strong, muscular, with long wings, short legs and a medium neck. The head is oblong in shape, the body is slim. The color is different, but the purebred should have a symmetrical color on the sides. Plumage smooth, often cherry-red color. A flight without landing may take up to six hours (Figure 10).
Berlin short-eyed turman
Birds belong to the subspecies of battle pigeons, originally from Germany. They have a small body with a small head and a prominent forehead. The beak is short, the wings hang down below the tail, legs with plumage (Figure 11).
Figure 11. The appearance of representatives of the breed Berlin short-tailed turman
They are distinguished by high activity and rather aggressive character. Color blue, motley, black. These pigeons are recommended to keep in a separate room and cages, as they are prone to fights.
Vienna high flight
Viennese high flight is the most representative Viennese breed of decorative pigeons belonging to the group of birds of flight, and as its name indicates, this species of domestic pigeon is valued for its ability to reach great heights during flight. If the bird is sufficiently trained, it can be in flight. longer than 10 hours. This type of bird exists both with and without pants. This species is very often attacked by kites and other birds of prey during its flight. To foresee such cases, there is a special, deterrent bird of prey, spray.
The Blue Gascon Pigeon Now there is only blue without stripes. This breed is known for its distribution both in France and in the north of Spain, and was bred to hunt for forest pigeons. Such birds have a classic look, in order to keep their feathers clean and shiny, it is recommended to give them access to water and frequent walks, which is also a good practice for ticks in their plumage.
Birds of this breed originate from Portugal, have small sizes and lively, cheerful behavior. This species is popular among fans of small breeds of pigeons, in addition, this species is represented in a wide variety of plumage colors. The bird belongs to a group of flying pigeons that perform incredible exercises during flight.
Trembling Stargard Neck
The pigeon of the Shivering Neck of Stargard is of German origin. This bird is known for its vibrating neck movementswhere its name comes from. There are two different types of neck movements:
- thumping movement, which consists in moving the neck back and forth,
- proper vibrating motion.
During the flight, the Trembling Neck of Stargard does not carry out vibrating movements of the neck. This breed has a rather lively character, so like many lovers of pigeons. Currently, there are varieties with or without plumage-covered plumage.
The decorative pigeon of the German Modenes breed was actually bred in the north of Italy in the city of Modena, however, from the end of the 18th century, the pigeon was imported into Germany and there underwent additional selection, which is due to its modern look and name. This bird has a small size, horizontal position and rounded contours. Mainly breed exists as three primary colors:
- almond color
- with colored head, wings and tail.
This domestic species of pigeon is valued for its fertility, therefore, during the period of reproduction, it is necessary for birds to provide access to a special nest so that they carry out laying and rearing their chicks.
Berlin flying long-beaked
This decorative pigeon is very much appreciated among pigeon lovers in Poland and Germany. Characterized by its bird slim and slim body and head extended. This form gives it a comfortable horizontal position during flight. You can meet a bird in different colors, for example, white or monochrome with a white feather.
Like any flying birds, these pigeons can be attacked by birds of prey, therefore it is recommended to use a special repellent spray.
Эта птица представляет собой летающий испанский вид голубя, который в действительности имеет восточные корни и в XIV веке был завезён в Испанию через Средиземное море. This bird has a small size, developed chest, raised legs and a vertical neck. In the aftermath of World War II, these pigeons were endangered, but now, thanks to the work of pigeon lovers, the breed has become very popular not only in Spain, but throughout Europe. This type can be found in different colors.
Subspecies of the Flying Catalan even have their own names:
- The black.
- Black winged
Flying from East Prussia
Flying from East Prussia originates from a specified historical region on the southern coast of the Baltic Sea. Despite belonging to the group of flying birds, this breed is strong and strong. The head of the bird has the shape of an elongated arch, the bird has too long pants. Due to its qualities and various colors, this breed is valued among colombiculture adherents.
White head from Turinzhina
Pigeon The white head from Turinzhina belongs to the group of colored pigeons of the German breed. A good copy of this domestic pigeon should have a head, pants and tail in white, and the rest of the body multi-colored. This breed is very decorative, thanks to the beauty and the presence of plumage on the metatarsus. In order for the birds of this breed to shine with their plumage, it must be kept clean, for which it is recommended to put in a cage with pigeons a vat of water at least 2-3 cm deep, and also to provide walks for pigeons so that they can swim independently.
This breed, which is of Spanish origin, stands out among others curls in plumage, which are available both in the back and in the front of the bird. This breed was bred by crossing some other species:
- a dove with a tie
- some kind of pigeon with a tuft.
Chorrera is a small bird with a calm and docile character. Due to its unusual plumage, the pigeon flaunts its curls. These birds, like many others, need constant access to a vessel of shallow water, as well as frequent walks so that the birds can take a bath.
The fantail pigeon is a species known all over the world and one of the valuable breeds. The birds of this species are very ancient and originate from India, were introduced to Europe several centuries ago. The species was improved by breeding in the USA, and became more rounded. A distinctive feature of the breed is fan-shaped tailconsisting of wide feathers forming a semicircle. The pigeon of this species is tame, surprising due to its behavior and manner of walking. These birds come in a variety of colors and shades. During the period of offspring production, it is recommended to trim the tail feathers, which favors the male to cover the female.
Breed of pigeons Italian tie originates from the province of Rehio Emilia, located in northern Italy. The main attribute of these birds is tie which is formed by rows of feathers on the neck, sticking out and located on both sides of the line connecting the throat with the center of the chest. This bird, due to its appearance of the coquette, small size and a wide variety of plumage colors, has caused in recent years a great interest in it from people breeding pigeons. Another characteristic aspect of the breed is the flat tuft. Like other breeds of pigeons, the Italian tie requires a vessel with a water depth of 2–3 cm and constant walks, during which the birds bathe and clean their plumage.
Breed The figure has a small size, docile character, lively and flirty behavior. It stands out due to its vertical posture, angular contours and a thin, arched neck. It originates from the north-east of Spain and is one of the popular breeds in this country. This species of domestic pigeons exists with different plumage colors, with or without pants. Another feature of the bird is the presence of a tie made of feathers.
The care of the figure is the same as for the other species: access to a vessel with water of shallow depth (2–3 cm), regular walks.
Saxon Color Wing
The Saxon Color Wing is a prototype of Saxon pigeons and has existed since the 17th century. The bird has medium size, horizontal posture, highly developed pants and a wide variety of color plumage. The bird is of exceptional value and is known by the name Gorgeous Swallow from Saxony. Birds in addition to pants may also have a crest.
The origin of this species of domestic pigeon is not completely clear; many researchers are inclined to believe that it originates from the historical region of Dalmatia. The dove has a slightly elevated, elongated body, medium size, colorful plumage, giving it beauty and style. His head may be smooth or may have a pecked peck. The basis of its colors are gold and copper, there are also black, white, blue and other iridescent colors. This breed is very prolific, has a calm character. The females of the Archangel are good mothers.
The Giant Homer bird was recognized as a breed in 1929. As its name says, this bird has a large size and for many years it has been raised as a meat producer. The bird has a small rounded head and a horizontal body, a strong beak and yellowish eyes.
This bird is the smallest and slender of the breed of ducks. She has a cheerful nature and is very temperamental, however, when she gets used to her master, she becomes calmer. This decorative view from the Czech city of Brno occurs and was elected the “breed of the year” in 2001 in Germany.
Brunner Dutysh has a color of different colors, in addition, at present, work continues on the breeding of new subspecies of this breed, with new plumage colors and a new body shape.
This type of douche comes from central Germany and has always been popular with pigeon lovers, both in the olden days and today. The bird has a vertical figure, a trimmed posture, and attracts attention due to the huge goiter and a strong body with broad shoulders. Hessen Dutysh has an obedient character, it can be found with different coloring plumage.
Pomeranian pouter was bred in the north of Germany thanks to the interbreeding of various poufles, such as English and Dutch. This blow is huge, strong and at the same time deft. Fluffy pants and huge popliteal hollows add special appeal to this look. Usually, Pomeranian Dutysh specimens have white spots around the shoulders.
Ancient Dutch with a Hood
This decorative species has its origin, thanks to the crossing of breeds of pigeons with a hood. This bird is suitable for beginner pigeon breeders, it has a high fecundity.
Specimens of this species attract attention due to their vertical posture, with their pearl eyes with a red border and the circular structure of feathers on either side of the neck. This breed is very colorful and has gained popularity in recent years.