The sockeye belongs to the Pacific Salmon family. The length of the fish reaches 80cm., Weight varies from 2 to 4 kg. The sockeye is similar in size and shape to the keto, but unlike it, the sockeye has a large number of gill stamens.
Not everyone knows where the sockea fish lives and how this variety of salmon is useful. It lives along the coasts of eastern and western Kamchatka, in Alaska, on eastern Sakhalin, and also in the Sea of Okhotsk.
The meat is rich red in color, has excellent taste. Even its caviar is not as popular as the pulp is tasty and beneficial to the body. It is believed that its meat is much tastier than that of pink salmon and chum.
Nerka has several varieties. The most famous sockeye is silverfish.
Nerka often feeds on Kalyanidae crustaceans. These crustaceans have a red pigment, which after consumption of blueberries, goes into its flesh, which makes its meat bright red.
In Nerka hereditary instinct is highly developed. It breeds in lakes with spouting keys, in the place where she herself was born ("homing"). The first spawning occurs from July to August, the second from August to October. Those sockeys who have not reached the age of three years live in lakes, then go to the seas. Then they return to the lakes again.
Proved by scientists! After spawning, the sockeye dies. This phenomenon is genetically programmed. This happens because young fish live in the initial period of life of reservoirs, where there are few nutrients. After mass spawning and death of salmon, there is a sharp increase in the reservoir productivity (due to fish remains), as a result of which the fry are provided with the best food supply.
Composition and use
Vitamin and mineral composition is very useful for the human body. Nerk contains such vitamins as PP, K, E, D, C, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, B12 and A, as well as the minerals nickel, fluorine, chlorine, molybdenum, selenium, copper, zinc, manganese, iron , chlorine, phosphorus, sulfur, sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
- Because of the indisputable use of the composition of the slaves it is prepared in children's institutions.
- Plays a large role in the restoration of mucous membranes, skin.
- Beneficial effect on the digestive system and nervous.
- An antioxidant. Suspend the aging process.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Contained phosphoric acid has a positive effect on the process of building a variety of enzymes that perform the function of the main engine of chemical reactions in cells.
- Eating is involved in the normalization of cholesterol.
- Due to its rich composition, it is recommended to use for pregnant women and the elderly.
- Beneficial effect on restoring the maintenance of normal hair, nails and skin.
- Improves eyesight, due to the vitamin A contained in the composition.
- Vitamin C strengthens the immune system, protecting the body from colds and viral diseases.
- Sock is a dietary product. She has excellent taste. It can be cooked in a variety of culinary ways.
- If salmon is moderately salted, then in the end you get a delicacy product with a specific taste.
- It can decorate festive meals and everyday. Exotic dishes of sockeye are often used by gourmets.
- Also, sockeye smoked and made balyk of pulp.
- For 15 minutes at a temperature of 220 ° C you can cook fresh fillet of sockeye in the oven.
- The fastest way to cook is in a slow cooker or a double boiler.
- Salted salmon is used in the preparation of cold appetizers and salads.
Interesting fact! Caviar of this fish is also endowed with a rich red color. Caviar size is small. In recent years, the natural resources of sockeye salmon have decreased several times, so red caviar is very rare in the Russian market.
Passing and living types of sockeye
The common type of fish, also known as silverfish, is more common. But many fry born in isolated lakes of volcanic origin remain to live and spawn in their native fresh water.. This residential variety of sockeye is called kokani.. But if in the native reservoir there is food for passing fish, then it can also become habitable.
Appearance of fish
Externally, sockeye salmon is very different from their relatives salmon. A large number of gill rakers on the first gill arch is a characteristic feature of noble fish. By itself, the beauty is not large in size and before entering freshwater lakes it looks like pink salmon.. Silver colored individual may weigh about 3 kg with a length of 40 cm. The elongated body of the salmon in the region of the upper fins is slightly widened, the head is rounded, with no pronounced jaw shapes.
When a fish gets into fresh water, its appearance changes dramatically. The color of the body becomes bright red, and the jaws are strongly drawn out and become similar to the beak. The head acquires a dark green color, the scales shine and grows as if into the body. In this form, Nerka lives its last months of life.
Habitats of valuable populations
Amazing fish Nerka: where does it live and what is useful for? She likes cold waters, so she prefers places with water temperatures below 2 degrees. The main habitat of the beauty is located off the coast of Canada and the United States, but large populations are found in other parts of the world:
- The eastern shores of Sakhalin and the northern side of the Sea of Okhotsk.
- Numerous populations inhabit the coasts of northern California to the Bering Strait. Flocks are rarely found off the coast of Canada and the Commander Islands.
- In the waters around Alaska, the largest populations of sockeye are found. Generally in America, this commercial fish is especially loved, unlike Russia.
- In Kamchatka, Nerka is found in the lakes Kurilskoye, Dalnee, Azabachye, as well as in the rivers Ozernaya and Kamchatka.
- Chukotka is also rich in noble fish populations. In almost all reservoirs from the Kamchatka Territory to the Bering Strait there is a blueback. Less often, it swims in the Chegitun and Amguema rivers.
- You can also find small flocks of dwarf breed along the northern coast of the Japanese island of Hokkaido.
Adult life fish spends in the ocean in search of food. For four years, the blueback manifests itself as a predator and feeds on zooplankton, small fish, and bottom invertebrates. But the main prey in the ocean are Kalyanida crustaceans, which are very rich in carotene.
Eating crustaceans, sockeye all its adult life is saturated with a valuable element that gives it strength during the transition from salt to fresh water. It is a large amount of carotene in the body of salmon fish that paint meat in a bright red color.
After four years of living in the ocean, individuals go to the mouth and wait for the tide to get into the river. On the spawning grounds flocks are sent to the places where they themselves once appeared from eggs. Fish spawn from April to November, but millions of populations enter the lake in August.
Through the narrow (up to 3 meters) and small (about 30 cm) river mouth fish hardly passes into the river. In fresh water, the shape and color of sockeye dramatically changes, the meat is poisoned by the effect of the produced toxin. Individuals cease to eat, and now their only goal is to reach the headwaters of the river and leave offspring where they were born themselves. Having reached the spawning ground, the sockeye catches in a joint that circulates near the shore. With each jerk of fish there are more and more, which is very attractive for predatory animals and birds.
Exhausted and battered pairs in a strong crush start spawning. On the gravel bottom, where there are keys of clean water, the female makes a small depression and lays eggs. The male drives away rivals and mines, who want to eat their offspring.
Then he fertilizes the eggs, flooding them through the mouth with milt, and again drives away the hungry loaches and swans. The female tries to die next to her calf, clinging to the stones with her teeth. The male in the battle with the enemies also dies near the nest. And when the fry appear from the roe, the decomposed bodies of the parents will become their first food. This is the genetically arranged noble family of salmon - to leave offspring and die.
Many grown-up fry will remain in their native lake if there is food in the pond.. But many fish will go in search of food into the ocean and spend their adult lives there. After 4−5 years, they will return again to repeat the feat of the parents.
Useful qualities of fish
Many sophisticated gourmets like dishes from expensive beauty. Here are the well-known facts about fish sockeye: the benefits and harm of fatty red meat. Nutritionists recommend delicate dishes of beauty to those who lead a healthy lifestyle and body shapebecause the sockeye is rich in the following vitamins and minerals:
- macronutrients - magnesium, sodium, calcium, chlorine, phosphorus,
- trace elements - fluorine, iron, zinc, chromium, molybdenum, nickel,
- vitamins - groups A, B, PP, E, C, D,
- Omega-3 fatty acids.
Gentle meat of sockeye included in the daily diet contributes to:
- regulate blood sugar levels
- improvement of the nervous system,
- cancer prevention,
- normalizes the process of digestion.
Fresh salmon meat is rich in antioxidants, so regular use of it gives a healthy look to nails, hair and skin. Smaller than other relatives of the salmon, caviar contains a large amount of iodine.
To limit the use of very fatty red fish meat is necessary for people suffering from duodenal diseases and stomach ulcers.
From this noble commercial fish you can cook a lot of different dishes. Fish meat can be subjected to any type of heat treatment: fry, boil, bake, stew. Meals are prepared quickly and are light and dietetic. Excellent smoked meat and balyk are made from the meat of the salmon. Many famous restaurants in the world serve delicacies made from noble fish.
Do you know nerka what kind of fish
- © April 30, 2016
- © March 28, 2016
- © March 22, 2016
General conclusion about which fish is better, sockeye or coho
Kizhuch costs almost three times more than a sockeye. Therefore, it is not surprising that when choosing a fish, many people wonder what is better: sockeye or coho. Nutritionists are sure that they do not differ much from each other in their beneficial properties, although the content of valuable substances in meat and caviar is slightly higher.
So, red caviar is a generic name for salmon fish eggs. This caviar got its name for its attractive color. Currently, this caviar can be bought at any supermarket, but not every citizen of our country can afford the cost of this product. The cost of red caviar, depending on its quality, type of fish and manufacturer ranges from 140 to 300 rubles per 100 grams.
In ancient times, this product did not cause much excitement among residents of the Far East, Scandinavia and Pomerania. Then red caviar were fed sled dogs so that they quickly regained their strength, due to its nutritional properties.
Red caviar, or “fish eggs,” are given to us: chum salmon, coho salmon, salmon, trout, sockeye salmon, salmon.
- The most popular and mass is caviar of pink salmon and salmon. The size of the eggs - about 5 millimeters, color - from bright amber to orange.
- The largest caviar is the chinook eggs, but for more than 10 years, this fish is listed in the Red Book. The size of the eggs sometimes reaches 1 centimeter in diameter, the color is bright red.
- Chum salmon caviar is rightly called royal, as these eggs are of uniform size - up to 6 millimeters, and the shape is the correct ball. It has a peculiar taste and orange color.
- The finest caviar in trout. Her eggs are up to 2 millimeters in size, and the color is from yellow to orange. In recent years, this caviar has become the most in demand.
- Slightly larger than caviar, it has a bright red or burgundy color and a slightly bitter taste.
- Caviar of salmon appears in the mass sale less and less often, as this fish is less and less common in the mass fishing industry. Her caviar is pleasant to the taste, similar to caviar of pink salmon, but more dry and crumbly.
- Salmon red caviar can be found less and less in use. It is a delicacy among red caviar, as it has the most in itself nutritional value, beautiful appearance and delicate taste. Salmon caviar is often called "apricot pearls."
Do not confuse real caviar with caviar used in Japanese cuisine for the manufacture of rolls and sushimi. It uses colored caviar of flying fish, but it does not possess the beneficial properties that red caviar carries.
The benefits of red caviar are obvious, as evidenced by the biochemical composition of red caviar. The composition of all types of salmon caviar includes:
- Protein (up to 32%)
- Fats (up to 13%, fish oil analogues),
- Polyunsaturated acids,
- Vitamin B Group,
- Vitamins C, D, E, A,
- Micro- and macro- elements: manganese, zinc, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron,
- Folic acid.
All this forms the beneficial properties of red caviar. Based on this, doctors often recommend their patients to eat red caviar. But, of course, in order to benefit from the product, it is necessary to choose the right quality caviar.
The benefits of salmon roe are determined by nature itself, since the egg is an embryo of fish, and nutrients are needed for its development. But you should always remember that the use of red caviar does not depend on its huge consumption. Consumption of red caviar in the amount of not more than 5 teaspoons per day is considered the norm. Doctors recommend this product for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions and diseases:
- Low immunity
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system
- Violation of visual function
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system,
- Low hemoglobin
- Disorders of the hematopoietic system,
- The postoperative period
- Viral diseases,
- Superficial wounds of different etiology,
- Elderly age.
The benefits of red caviar are legendary, however, the benefits of caviar are regular metered consumption, not single gluttony. Such an approach can be harmful.
The damage of red caviar is high in salt. People with kidney and genitourinary system is better to refrain from eating this delicacy. Care must be taken to red caviar allergy sufferers. Often this product can cause allergic rashes on the body. It is not necessary for persons suffering from obesity and problems with the gastrointestinal tract, to eat sandwiches with caviar and butter.
But, as already mentioned, the quality of red caviar must comply with GOST. This means that in the process of processing and preparation, in the process of salting and preserving only authorized substances and preparations should be involved. Many dishonest manufacturers use utropin - a preservative banned throughout the world. Half-life products of this preservative produce formaldehyde, which poisons the human body. Usually this substance is used by illegal manufacturers.
To red caviar does not harm health, you must be able to choose the right product. Preference is better to give caviar, packaged in glass or tin cans. On the container should be indicated:
- Marking of the batch and date of packaging, applied by the method of onslaught or laser,
- The inscription indicating the product, variety and manufacturer, with its legal address and contacts,
- List of ingredients. In addition to salt and caviar, preservatives are indicated (no more than 2),
- Reference to the standard on which the product was made,
- Indication of the type of fish whose caviar is conserved.
The jar should not be deformed, but should not “gurgle” with shaking. Caviar should not stick together, and the shell should not be hard. The product should not have extraneous odors and inclusions.
Sockeye - how does this fish look and where does it live, what is it valued for, what is the use of its meat for humans
Whitefish is a fish from the salmon family, a noble commercial fish that lives in the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean. This is a very popular fish, it is loved for its taste, low calorie, healthy meat and caviar. It differs from other salmon in the bright red color of meat (whereas in others it is pink), because of which it is also called red and red. Relatives: relatives - chum salmon, coho salmon, Chinook salmon, sim, pink salmon, distant salmon and salmon.
This fish prefers the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean. In Russia, a large population lives off the eastern and western shores of Kamchatka. Found in Alaska, off the coast of eastern Sakhalin, in the northern part of the Sea of Okhotsk. Red likes the cold, so she is looking for a place to live with a water temperature no higher than 2 ºС.
In general, in Russia this species of salmon is less popular than, say, pink or chum, in contrast to the United States, where the most numerous populations are found in the Alaska region, and generally live along the western coast of the country from the Bering Strait to northern California.
In Kamchatka, fish Nerka can be found in the rivers Ozernaya and Kamchatka, in the lakes Kurilskoye, Dalnee, Azabachye. It is also found on the Kuril Islands - in the Beautiful Lake on the island of Iturup, in the Chukchi reservoirs.
In Japan, this fish is found near the northern shores of the island of Hokkaido, where there is a passage to volcanic lakes. There are few sockeye here, mostly there is a dwarf form.
What does Nerka look like
Рыба нерка небольшая, в среднем в длину вырастает около 40 см, но некоторые особи достигают 80 см. Вес – 2–4 кг, но может встретиться экземпляр и крупнее. Самая большая выловленная рыбина этого вида весила 7,7 кг. Внешне похожа на кету, но имеет большее количество жаберных тычинок. There is another way to distinguish the salmon from the chum, which is known by fishermen: freshly caught chum salmon can be lifted by the tail with one hand, but salmon is not, because it has too soft fin rays, the fish will slip.
Krasnitsa has an angular body, compressed from the sides, silver in color, like other salmon. Closer to the head, the silver scales become darker bluish and greenish shades, the belly of the salmon is white.
This species has the following varieties:
- krasnitsa (silverfish) - the form,
- kokani is a living form.
Kokani originated from the entrance form in isolated fresh lakes of Kamchatka, for example? in Kronotsky, Alaska, Hokkaido, where they live, without leaving reservoirs. They are less than silverfish in length - up to 30 cm, lighter in weight - up to 700 g. The passage can pass into a living form if there is enough food in the lake for the population.
In addition to the usual species, there are Qaurks — small males passing through as well as dwarf ones living in fresh water — these males spawn with females passing through.
If the fry feed on plankton, which will continue to be an integral part of the feeding of the beauty, then the adult individuals are generally omnivorous, have predator habits. When growing up crustaceans, bottom vertebrates, small fish are added to food. The main food is kalyanida crustaceans and other small crustaceans. Kalyanid krasnitsa gets carotene, which accumulates in the body. It is because of carotene sockeye meat has a bright red color. Carotene is necessary for fish to bear the load during spawning - a long road, changing salt water to fresh water, changing the ambient temperature.
Taste and benefits of sockeye meat
The meat of this fish is very tender, many consider it tastier than meat, for example, chum salmon and pink salmon, low-calorie (per 100 g - 157 kcal), therefore it is well suited for dietary meals. In addition, the meat contains a unique vitamin-mineral composition, which includes:
- vitamins of groups A, B, E, PP, C, D,
- fatty acid,
- macronutrients (magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, chlorine, phosphorus),
- trace elements (iron, fluorine, zinc, chromium, molybdenum, nickel).
These substances are required for the full activity of the body, with regular use of this fish:
- normal metabolism and digestion,
- inhibited the aging process of the body,
- reduced risk of cancer,
- regulates blood sugar,
- normalization of the nervous system.
Fluorine and phosphoric acid, present in meat, are involved in the production of enzymes, phosphoric salts are an element necessary for skeletal tissue.
Fresh meat of sockeye has antioxidant properties that support the condition of hair, skin, nails and mucous membranes.
Caviar of the salmon is also useful - small, with a specific smell and a large amount of iodine.
Due to the beneficial properties of this representative of salmon, dishes from it are easy, tasty, do not require special skills in cooking, prepare very quickly. In addition, the list of what can be cooked from sockeye is huge - you can fry it, bake it in different ways, cook for a couple, cook, salt ... It makes an excellent ear, and smoked meat is an exquisite delicacy that few people can leave indifferent . Meat of sockeye is ideal for making balyk. There are quite exotic recipes for cooking this fish. If you know what kind of fish is nerka, you will definitely appreciate its taste that will satisfy any gourmet.
The fish is a fatty fish, so dishes from such fish are not recommended if you have an exacerbation of gastritis, have a stomach or duodenal ulcer, or diseases of the cardiovascular system.
How to choose
- It is worth buying chilled or tinned salmon. Frozen fish contain organochlorine compounds that retain moisture and are harmful to the human body.
- The eyes of fresh sockeye are transparent, the gills are red or bright pink.
- There must be no slime on the fish.
- There should also be no unpleasant odor.
Proteins: 20.3g. (∼ 81.2 kcal)
Fat: 8.4g. (∼ 75.6 kcal)
Carbohydrates: 0g. (∼ 0 kcal)
Energy ratio (b | W | y): 51% | 48% | 0%
Nerka: description, preparation, composition, benefit and harm
Sockeye (lat. Oncorhynchus nerka) is a species of ray-finned fish belonging to the Salmon family. At the place of their spawning, due to the color, the population calls this fish also red or red.
Nerka lives in the North Pacific and the rivers flowing into it. Along the American coast, it is widespread, especially many salmon are found off the coast and in Alaska rivers, in the south the range reaches California. In Asia, Nerku can be found from the river. Anadyr to about. Hokkaido On the territory of Russia, most of all are blueberries in Kamchatka, especially along the western and eastern shores. In the north of the Sea of Okhotsk and off the coast of Sakhalin, the number of sockeye populations is low.
In recent decades, the stocks of salmon are reduced. This is due to overfishing, as well as environmental degradation. Russia catches about 20% of the world catch of salmon (15-30 thousand tons), which is very small. Therefore, to find Nerku in the store, if you are not a resident of the Far East or Eastern Siberia, is a great success. Even harder to buy fresh sockeye.
In a number of countries (for example, USA, Japan) for amateur sportsmen this fish is bred in specially fenced stretches of rivers and lakes. In Russia, such projects also began to appear. Kamchatka businessmen attract tourists from the rest of Russia and even European countries for special fishing tours, where fish can be caught legally.
Description of sockeye
A sockeye is a large fish that can be as long as 80 cm with a weight of up to 8 kg. However, most adult spawning individuals are between 1.5 and 3.5 kg in weight.
The sockeye is a close relative of the chum (one genus), so they almost coincide in shape and size. A distinctive feature is the number of gill rakers on the first branch of the gill arch: the salmon has more than 30, while chum salmon has 18-28.
Another distinctive feature of the sockeye salmon is its ability to spawn in lakes, but not anywhere, but only at the exit points of the keys, that is, in running water.
The sockeye reaches sexual maturity at 5-6 year of life. Almost all sockeys spawn in the same place where they were born. After spawning, the sockeye dies.
Way of life sockeye
In early May, Nerka enters the rivers and gradually rises upstream. Caviar begins to throw at the end of July. By this time, the redfish becomes bright red (with the exception of the head, which remains brown-green), due to which it received its second name. The roe lays for a very long time: only by the middle of winter the larvae leave it. Fry live in fresh water for up to 2-3 years, then roll into the sea. In the sea, Nerka spends 1-4 years.
The meat of this fish is of an intense red color, so you cannot confuse it with other representatives of salmon. The color of the meat is due to the diet of the fish, which is based on very fatty crustacean Kalanides, which themselves are painted in bright red color due to the high content of carotenoids. When eating blue crustaceans, these chemical compounds pass into its meat.
The sockeye fish is a marine migratory fish, but there is a special form of it - the kokani, which is found in lakes and never goes out to sea.
In some rivers and lakes there are also dwarf living forms of this fish, which also do not go out to sea. The habitat of such forms are reservoirs of Japan, North America, Kamchatka. They spawn together with the sockeye form. Scientists have found that dwarf dwarf forms were formed from the passage form, part of whose offspring remained to live in the lakes because of a good forage base.
Nerka in cooking
Meat of salmon has an excellent taste that you can’t confuse with anything. It is clearly tastier than chum, pink salmon and even salmon. At a price it is 1.5-2 times more expensive than chum and about the same price as salmon.
The high fat content of the salmon meat makes it ideal for smoking fish. Balik from sockeye is one of the most delicious dishes. In this form, it is most often found in stores in most parts of Russia.
Nerku can be prepared in many other ways: use as a component of fish salad, make aspic. But it is best to bake it, cook it on a grill, bake, including in the composition of fishmen, and, of course, cook the soup.
The easiest way to cook salmon is salting. Fish across cut into slices about 1 cm thick, then sprinkle with salt and leave in a warm place for a couple of hours. After that you can make sandwiches from it.
Useful properties of sockeye
Sockeye is an amazingly healthy fish. Its fat content is high, which should not be considered a disadvantage, but the main advantage of sockeye salmon. Yes, eating blackberries in large quantities, to lose weight is unlikely to succeed. But you can eat everything in moderation. 200-300 grams of salmon will not only damage the figure, but also improve it, because the fat of the salmon is represented mainly by polyunsaturated fatty acids, including omega-3, and they are the main factor in preventing atherosclerosis - the main cause of heart attacks and strokes.
Norka is a protein product, so if it is included in the dietary menu, if calorie deficiency is not enough, our body will not consume the proteins of its own organism, that is, not “eat” its own muscle tissue, but will burn fatty tissue. Thus, if you include fatty sea fish in the menu during the diet, the metabolism will not slow down and after stopping the diet new kilos will not be deposited on the sides and the stomach.
Nerkeas contain a lot of potassium, which helps to remove excess water from the body and thus facilitate the work of the heart and kidneys. There is a lot of sulfur, phosphorus and chlorine in nerke, and the lack of these elements very quickly affects the health of teeth, skin, nails and hair.
The highlight of sockeye is a high content of selenium, which is the strongest antioxidant. Selenium protects cells from the effects of free radicals and thereby contribute to the rejuvenation of the body and prolong life.
In this fish, there is literally going off the list of vitamins of group B, which ensure the normal functioning of the digestive and nervous systems.
Pay attention to the high content of vitamin B9 (folic acid), which is especially necessary for pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy. With a lack of folic acid in this period, the embryonic nervous system is formed incorrectly, therefore the probability of congenital malformations is almost one hundred percent. Eating a slice of red fish every day solves this problem.
There is a lot of vitamin D in nerke, without which our body loses its ability to absorb calcium. With a shortage of this vitamin in children develop rickets. This problem is particularly acute in children growing up in the Far North, because in addition vitamin D is formed in the skin under the influence of ultraviolet radiation, and in the North children are deprived of such vitamin support.
Harm of sockeye
Due to the high fat content, sockeye salmon cannot be abused with obesity and other metabolic disorders.
Oily fish can cause aggravation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Although the balyk of sockeye is a delicacy, there is such food only in very small quantities, as it contains a high content of carcinogens. Remember that regular consumption of smoked meats can cause rectal cancer!
Variety of sockeye
Distinguish as a passport sockeye, which is also called silverfish, and residential, called Kokani. The formation of the last form of sockeye began with the entrance, when fresh lakes of volcanic origin were isolated. This type of sockeye grows in length up to 30 cm and gains weight up to 0.7 kg. Kokani inhabits fresh lakes of Kamchatka, Alaska and Hokkaido. As a rule, this species of sockeye does not leave its permanent habitat. If in any pond for sockeye there is a sufficient amount of food, then the redneck can pass into the living room.
The main habitat of sockeye falls on the coast of Canada and the United States, although it is also found in other parts of the world's oceans. For example:
- In alaska. Here there are numerous populations spread across the coast, from the Bering Strait to Northern California. Here, off the coast of Canada and the Commander Islands, it can be found very rarely.
- Off the coast of Kamchatka. The main population of sockeye is located on the western and eastern shores of Kamchatka, and the most numerous population is in the Ozernaya and Kamchatka rivers, as well as in the Azabachye, Kurilskoye and Dalnee lakes.
- On the Kuril Islands. The main population is in the lake Beautiful, on the island of Iturup.
- In Chukotka. Here it can be found in almost all the waters of Chukotka, from the limits of the Kamchatka Territory to the Bering Strait. On the Arctic coast, in the Chegitun and Amguema rivers it is much less common.
- Within the island of Hokkaido. Here, on the north coast of the island, there is not a large population of sockeye salmon, which prefers to enter cold volcanic lakes. Here is more common its dwarf form.
Such a significant variation in its habitat is due to the fact that sockeye and its species prefer cold waters, with a temperature of no more than 2 degrees.
What Nerka eats
This fish has a pronounced behavior of a predator, but it does not feed on everything that is necessary. With the appearance of the fry, the fry feed on zooplankton, which will later form the basis of the diet of the salmon. As they mature, the fish begins to switch to feeding on crustaceans and benthic invertebrates.
Fish, throughout life, accumulates carotene, so its meat and has a bright red color. Carotene for sockeye is necessary so that on time and where it is necessary to spawn. In order for this to happen, the fish should go a long way, changing the salt water to fresh water, and also adapt to the new natural conditions. In addition, the fish rises to the spawning grounds upstream, which takes away a lot of strength and energy. To get through all these difficulties, she needs carotene, and a lot. Sockeye stocking up carotene, eating Kalyanid crustaceans. In addition, in the diet includes small fish, which does not affect the level of carotene.
Composition and calorie sock
Meat of salmon is characterized by the presence of healthy fats and easily digestible proteins. In addition, there is a whole bunch of vitamins and trace elements that have a positive effect on the functioning of the human body. The list of useful items is quite impressive:
Calorie meat of sockeye is only 157 kcal per 100 grams product.
Taste characteristics of sockeye
The sockeye does not eat everything that it comes across, but chooses only the food that is rich in carotene, which determines the color and taste of fish. In this regard, the meat of the salmon is suitable for cooking both simple and refined gourmet dishes.
The flavor characteristics of the meat of the salmon make it possible to dispense with a minimal amount of seasonings, which contribute to enhancing its taste properties. The meat of the salmon is very popular with true gourmets, who claim that its meat has a brighter taste compared to other representatives of salmon species.
Contraindications to the use
Fish meat sockeye, first of all, is contraindicated for people whose body does not perceive seafood. In addition, Nerku can not be used by people suffering from a peptic ulcer of the stomach or intestines due to the presence of a large amount of fatty acids. As for the rest of the people, sockeye meat is not only not contraindicated, but recommended.
Meat of salmon in cooking
The meat of the salmon is a real delicacy if it is cooked properly. Due to the fact that the fish is oily, it makes excellent smoked meats or balyk. In addition, the meat of the salmon can be an excellent addition to various salads and appetizers. From it you can cook a lot of second or first courses.
Most chefs from around the world use sockeye meat to prepare various gourmet dishes that can be found at various leading restaurants in the world.
Balik from sockeye
- To cook balyk from sockeye you need to have a whole fish carcass, which is cut with the removal of the head, tail and fins. Then the fish is thoroughly washed under running water. After that, the carcass is cut into 2 parts and the ridge with bones removed.
- Two halves of fish are abundantly rubbed with coarse salt, at the rate of 80 grams per 1 kilogram of fish. After that, the two halves are joined together and placed in a towel, tied with a strong rope or twine. Then the fish is placed in the refrigerator for 5 days. This process leads to dehydration of fish and compaction of its meat.
- After the expiration of this term, the fish is taken out and the excess salt is removed by rubbing it with a damp cloth. To make the taste more interesting, pieces of fish are cut and stuffed into pieces of garlic.
- The next stage is the drying of fish, which is carried out in a suspended state, for 4 days. If fish meat every day lubricate with vegetable oil. That it will get a more pleasant appearance.
- Балык считается готовым к употреблению, если при надавливании на него, начинают выступать капельки жира.
Нерка под сырной шапкой
- 1 килограмм филе нерки разрезается на одинаковые фрагменты, которые равномерно покрываются солью и перцем, с добавлением оливкового масла и сока лимона. Этим же маслом смазывается форма для запекания. Заблаговременно разогревается духовка до 220 градусов, после чего в нее помещается рыба на 7 минут.
- While the fish is baking, a cheese hat is being prepared. To do this, beat 3 egg whites, with the addition of 200 grams of cheese.
- After that, the prepared mixture covers the pieces of fish, and it continues to bake for another 10 minutes.
- After readiness, fish is served with lemon and dill.
- The fillet of sockeye is taken and cut into cubes, 3-4 centimeters in size, after which they are spread in layers in an enamel pot. After each layer, lemon, garlic, basil and soy sauce are added to the dishes, and salt and pepper are also added. Pieces marinated for 2 hours.
- To determine the degree of heating of the surface of the grill, it is enough to splash water on it. If the water bounces off the surface, then you can cook the fish. The pieces are laid out on the surface and pressed, for example, with a lid from the pan. The degree of readiness of the fish can be indicated by the bright stripes left by the relief surface of the grill.
- After roasting the pieces on the grill surface, they are placed in the oven for 10 minutes, at a temperature of 200 degrees. This method of preparation is completely harmless to human health, and the fish do not lose their beneficial properties.
The most delicious dishes are those prepared in nature. This is due to several reasons. The first reason is associated with clean, natural air, which contributes to the awakening of appetite, which can not be said in the conditions of the city. And the second reason is the presence of a peculiar aroma, which emit coal in nature, especially since they have a natural origin.
It is doubly pleasant if a trophy falcon, freshly caught from a pond, is prepared in nature. Possessing bright taste characteristics and in combination with natural flavors, it does not require the use of any exquisite seasonings. In such conditions, the meat of the salmon is ideally suited for cooking on coals.
- The cut, gutted and washed fish is cut into steaks, no larger than 2 cm in size. After that, the steaks are laid out in a bowl with onion, lemon and dill. If the fish is fresh, you can do without salt. In such conditions, the fish is marinated for about half an hour.
- While the fish is marinating, the coals are prepared, evenly distributed over the surface. The fish is laid out on the rack and cooked for 8 minutes on each side. In the process of frying the fish is sprayed with lemon juice. After the steaks have a nice golden hue, the fish is ready to eat.
Fish Nerka is listed in the red book. This is due to its uncontrolled catch, as well as environmental conditions that are worsening every year. Poachers cause great damage to the population, which is also associated with its excellent taste characteristics.