We are all children of nature. Sometimes you want to feel alone with the environment and enjoy the singing of birds! Perhaps this is why there was a tendency to buy yourself a parrot. They will not only make your home more comfortable for staying - after all, your beloved Kesha is waiting for you there - but they will also give you joy, your children, and even be pampered with the newly learned pleasant words. But how to teach a budgerigar to talk? Are there any special recommendations for the training of our feathered friends?
Parrot can be compared with a child. He is also eager for your constant attention and continuous care. He is ready for anything for the sake of his friend, so long as he is with him. And you can be this friend. To begin, let us figure out how to choose the "correct" wavy comrade, and how to teach a parrot to talk. It should be young - two or three months old, have a small black speck on its beak. The fact is that it is much more difficult for adult parrots to change their lifestyle and start talking in the language of people. They are used to their songs. The young will perceive you as their family, and besides, he has a better memory. As for the speck, they say that its owners are more inclined to talk. There is also an assumption that males are more learnable than females.
Absolutely all parrots speak only with those whom they already know well and who they are used to. Do everything in order to become a pet's best friend, a role model and favorite companion. Once you are close, you can start learning. Calm parrots are believed to be more sociable and focused. This plays an important role, because you need to teach him, and training requires perseverance and attention from the parrot.
How to teach to talk budgie? To begin with, use simple, and most importantly, melodious, melodic and pleasant words, because then you should listen to them. Then, after successfully mastering them by your pet, you can proceed to the study of phrases and even small sentences. Training should be carried out in peace and quiet, and also take care that the bird is not hungry, sleepy or irritated, so that it does not distract. After you make sure that everything contributes to the well-being of the lesson, you can begin. If you don't know how to teach a budgie to talk, this advice will help you. Training should take place every day, take no more than 15 minutes and, preferably, be conducted at the same time. Words need to be spoken slowly and with intonation - it plays a very important role. The intonationally richer the word, the easier it is to memorize.
Parrots feel the mood of a person very much, so it’s best to communicate with him in an elevated mood. The mood and condition of the pet is also equally important. The parrot must look at you and listen carefully. If he likes to be closer to you, put him on your finger and pronounce the word several times. If he likes it, he can even lean against you with his little beak. At the end of the lesson do not forget to thank him and feed the pet something tasty. He tried.
As for the girlfriend - it is better that the parrot live by itself. If he has a companion, he will simply switch to her, and they will chirp all day. Then you can hardly distract him, let alone teach him. In his spacious cage, you can attach a mirror, then he will practice the new language with himself and thereby repeat the learned words. In general, the study of new words wavy parrot takes from one to three months.
It is believed that parrots more like high voices. In this case, it is best for a woman or a child to teach him how to speak. You have already figured out how to teach a budgie to talk, and all that remains is to wish you a good and diligent student. Good luck to you!
Who to choose: boy or girl
Age is of great importance. The younger the parrot, the easier the training is given to it. And with age, the desire to learn new tricks disappears.
Male or female? Many argue that boys are talkative. But there are also female wavy parrots who have learned to reproduce words and whole phrases. So the sex of the pet does not play a special role. You can safely choose any vending parrot, the main thing that was young.
Strangely enough, talent is of great importance. Both males and females can be gifted or not, smart or stupid. And nothing can be predicted here, it remains to hope for good luck.
Before you think about how to teach a wavy parrot to talk, you should make friends with it. This is the key to success. It is an emotional contact, a bird's attachment to a person that causes it to learn words and phrases. Lonely abandoned parrot never speak. Therefore, at first it is better to focus on making contact. To do this, you must show patience, gradually accustoming the parrot to his society. Ideally, if he learns to completely trust a person, sit on his hands, take the proposed feed. Then the parrot will have a desire to communicate.
How to start learning
Usually the first wavy parrot remembers his nickname. Often repeating it, the owner kills two birds with one stone at a time: he teaches the pet to respond to the name and lays the foundation for further training.
It is easiest for both males and females to get short words with the letter P and sizzling. Of course, later the parrot will master more complex sounds, but it should be started with a simple one. Therefore, the names of Roma, Rita, Shura or Richie will be a good start.
Of great importance intonation. Talking with a parrot is better emotionally, but in no case do not scream. Just speech should be emotionally intense. Birds perfectly feel the mood of a person. And if the words show irritation or aggression, they will be frightened and refuse to communicate. Monotonous, boring speech is also unlikely to seem like an undulating parrot interesting. We must speak affectionately, energetically and benevolently.
Training animals and birds is very similar to classes with small children. How to teach talking wavy parrot? To do this, follow a few simple rules:
- The owner needs to tune in. If the mood is bad, employment will not bring benefit. Good mood is the key to success. The same goes for the parrot. If he is sleepy, wants to eat or is fascinated by another toy, it is not worth waiting for a special zeal.
- Classes should not be long. 10-15 minutes maximum. A parrot is not a man, he gets tired quickly.
- Lessons should bring pleasure to the parrot. You can scratch a feathered friend, sometimes offering him treats, repeating the right words and phrases.
- There should be no loud sounds or any other distractions in the room. So the bird will be easier to concentrate.
- Do not repeat all the time the same word. It is boring for both the student and the teacher. It is better to use several different short sonorous phrases.
- The parrot will choose what he likes.
- Both male and female perfectly understand when they apply to them. And only then react. Therefore, it is important that the occupation was in the form of a conversation. It is not just pointless to repeat phrases, but contact the pet. “Richie wants to eat? Bird wants to eat! Good Richie, Richie good. ”
- If the budgerigar has obviously stopped listening and wants to do something else, no need to insist. There will be no sense anymore. It is better to leave the pet alone, let them have fun, she deserved rest. So bird classes will be associated with pleasant communication and play, and not with boring training.
Little secrets of success
How to quickly learn to talk budgie? If you follow these simple tips, things will go faster.
- Not only speak, but listen. When the parrot begins to chirp, try to distinguish the sounds it utters. After all, the first words sound distorted and disassemble them in the usual bird chatter is not easy. But it is very important to notice the pet's attempts to speak and encourage them.
- If the male or female try to chat not during the lesson, but simply “at the behest of the soul”, the conversation should be joyfully supported.
- Talk with a wavy parrot must all family members.
- If it is necessary for the bird to speak according to the situation, then the phrases should be learned at key moments. For example, stroke, saying "Good, well done" or give a treat, repeating "I want to eat!".
Both male and female will definitely experiment with new “songs”. They do not understand the meaning of the spoken words and relate to them as to twitter - they arbitrarily connect parts of different words, rearrange syllables. It is better to take this moment into account when selecting the repertoire. Often, innocent words connected by an innovative parrot become inconsistent. For example, “The Wise Bird” and “Carlusha the Good” in a certain layout turn into almost foul language.
Do not scold the pet if it does not work. Firstly, he is not guilty. Maybe he just does not have talent. It happens to people too. And secondly, if a wavy parrot wanted to speak, then after angry shouts it definitely won't do it.
Sorry for the poor bird that always sits alone in a cage. Is it possible to buy a male female friend? Not only possible, but necessary. The wavy who has already mastered the art of speech will never forget it. Or maybe even teach a spouse. This happens quite often. The female imitates the male by repeating the words he utters. And after a while you will have a happy sociable bird family.
6 rules that will help teach the wavy parrot to talk
Rule 1. No wavy parrot hatch manually. He can become one, and even then, only under the conditions of proper handling of the bird.
Therefore, before you pester a bird with memorizing words, tame it. A calm environment will help you do it much faster than if you put a cage next to the ever-screaming TV. Tame the wavy parrot gradually, do not grab it immediately with your hands. Offer him your palm as a landing pad, feed from it. As soon as the bird arrives to you, you can begin to learn to talk.
Rule 2. During study, the parrot should be one. As soon as he has a neighbor, that's all. You can forget about conversations.
The bird will be long and happy to smoke in its language with a neighbor or neighbor. Your scorching scares will be completely uninteresting. The same goes for mirrors, swings, bells and other entertainment. The pet will pay attention to you only when it gets hungry.
Therefore, for successful learning, you need to turn the situation so that it is the owner that is the only entertainment for the bird. Then he will have nothing else to do but listen to your voice and begin to imitate him.
After all, a tame bird for a successful lesson can get affection or a delicacy. And what can the recorder, except mindless repetition? By the way, for the same reason, it is not recommended to permanently leave a cell next to a constantly on TV. Some pets memorize entire commercials. Would you like it if, at dawn, your house will be heard screaming about advertising a bank or, even worse, about dryness and comfort on critical days? Plus, it will continue all day long throughout the life of the bird. From here flows smoothly.
Rule 4 Carefully and deliberately choose phrases and words to learn.
No doubt, once to hear a scabrous word from a parrot or a promise on the mother is ridiculous at first. But when bad phrases are repeated from day to day for months - there is no laughing matter at all.
Start learning a wavy parrot with learning your own nickname. It is very good if there are snarling or hissing sounds in it. They are most easily reproduced by the voice apparatus of the bird.
Rule 5. To teach a wavy parrot to speak is not a matter of one day.
Depending on the talent of your pet, it may take from 1 to 6 months from the beginning of training to the pronunciation of the first word. Therefore, do not lose patience. Regularly say the right words and phrases to the parrot. It is also very important at this time not to change the intonation and voice timbre. This can be done later, when the bird begins to slowly repeat after you.
Just do not bother. Give the parrot time to understand that they are talking to him. At first, he will answer you in his own language. Then, gradually, his speech will look like an indistinct mutter. This means that learning the conversation goes in the right direction, and the bird learns to imitate you. Well, there is not far off and the first word.
Now you can go to the new phrases. Just do not forget to periodically repeat the material. Otherwise, the pet will be a mess of phrases, confused in words, or even completely interspersing human speech with tweets.
Secret. Those words that wavy parrot learns in the first year of life, he will never forget.
Rule 6. Stop the lesson if the bird is tired.
It should be remembered that learning is much more effective if:
- the parrot looks at you
- rubbing head against cheek
- trying to pinch lips or fingers
- speaks your language
- flies to you from the cage
If the pet:
- turns away
- cleans feathers
- ignores you
- flies away to the cage
It is unlikely that he will perceive your activities at all. He and the owners have nothing to do. Therefore, most breeders enthusiasts recommend choosing the time to train a wavy parrot in the morning. Immediately after awakening, the bird rested, had breakfast, is full of vigor and strength. So it's time to learn to speak.
By the way, some parrots in the morning are not in the mood to communicate with the owner, but in the evening, on the contrary, arrange violent games. Why not take advantage of this factor?
Do not take long breaks in learning. Twice a day, the spoken word next to the cell will not bring the desired result. Spend classes at least 7 minutes a day in a row, but every day. But do not torture the bird with your voice for more than 18 minutes at once. Give the parrot time to get used to the words, to the process itself.
If, due to the lack of personal time, you nevertheless chose the method of training with a dictaphone, then do not leave the recording turned on for a long time. Budgerigar very quickly get used to the repeating phrases and will not perceive them. Dictaphone will be his usual background, not worth attention.
Not worth taldykat every day one word. Scare it may not like it, or perhaps the pronunciation will not work out well. Therefore it is better to prepare a few simple phrases that you will teach the bird. Then the pet will be able to choose for itself what it will be easier for him to learn.
Another important aspect. No violence! Do not try to shout at the budgerigar if he stubbornly does not want to imitate you. It may well be that your pet will never learn to speak. But to start being afraid of the owner after loud cries can easily. Therefore, only love, tenderness and caress to help you.
Turn learning into dialogue. Sometimes wavy parrot is active and begins to talk with the owner himself. Of course, so far only like a bird. Do not ignore these attempts. Answer your pet, praise, talk. It is advisable to talk with the parrot phrases that are prepared for training. By the way, it is best to use interrogative sentences. It is this intonation that is easier to give to the bird vocal apparatus.
Let the feathery pet first take care of someone in the family. So the parrot will not be confused in voices. And only after you hear the first word, you can connect the rest of the household. Of course, not all at once. Even human children learn more than one year. What to say about parrots.
Until now, there are disputes among the owners: who learns faster - males or females? Scientific research on this topic has not been carried out, but most breeders are prone to the fact that males start talking much faster, and females may never start talking in their entire lives. Although of all there are exceptions. Try to solve this issue yourself. Suddenly your samochka wavy parrot on talkativeness will overtake any male by 100 points ahead? After all, it all depends on your attitude to the bird, on the reward for the lesson, on petting in general.
How to teach talking wavy parrot? It turns out it's very simple. Of course, for a long time. But what to do if feathered pets are not always intelligent and super talented. But they are the most beloved, which means that it will take some time and your patience. And believe me, the result will greatly please you.
When purchasing a bird, choose as young as possible. Общаясь с самых ранних дней, человек постепенно приручает ее, входит в доверие, что немаловажно. Птенец может решить, что он является членом семьи и проявит желание подражать человеческой речи, захочет быть ближе. Как только попугай покидает гнездо его необходимо отлучить от родителей, самостоятельно докармливать и обогревать.Imprinting gradually occurs, which means capturing on a person, giving a good impetus to the training of a pet. The bird is sealed differently.
For example, he is confused in a curtain and cannot get out on his own. It will not be too difficult for a person to disentangle a frightened creature and calm down a little, caress it. The slightest help - and the bird is already beginning to take a man for his, because he helped, saved. In her eyes he is a hero, he is accepted into the pack. And independently begin to look for ways to communicate.
Here the personal qualities of the student and the teacher are important. Some parrots transmit music more easily, noise, while others reproduce speech quite well. By the time of training, the parrot needs to be tamed so that it can sit on the finger. The teacher should have a supply of free time. Have a clear voice. It is good if the woman or the child trains.
During the classes, you should speak with the bird affectionately, calling her by name, from the very first day you should transfer your attitude towards her and your mood. The most successful time for classes is morning and evening. And at other times of the day, you can allow yourself to talk to the bird. The result will be noticeable in two or three weeks.
Learning should begin with elementary, uncomplicated words. To the bird literally looked into the mouth of his teacher, moving his beak and wings. The very first word a bird learns should be its name. Memorized phrases should be compared with the situation and should be repeated several times. Be sure to greet, praise, and sometimes even encourage. Typically, parrots begin to speak, reaching 3-6 months, but the most capable manifest themselves a little earlier.
The seven points listed will allow correctly train good, understandable speech of parrots, and thus will establish communication, which will lead to the utmost delight, as an amateur winged talkers, and the birds themselves. Learn with pleasure!
Why choose wavy parrots?
Budgerigars are birds that often become pets. They have a cheerful disposition, bright plumage. Moreover, such parrots are social individuals who love the society of people.
Due to its small size, these birds do not require much space for placement. Of course, like any pet, budgie requires care and attention.
However, in the care of these parrots do not burden their owners time-consuming effort. It is enough to clean the cage well two or three times a week to create comfortable living conditions. The budgerigar doesn't need to walk every day, for this you can simply let him walk around the room.
Besides the most sociable, talkative parrot is a budgie Pak. His vocabulary has 1,770 words. Today it is a record among all types of parrots.
How to choose a wavy parrot for training?
Many budgerigar owners tend to teach them how to talk. In order to get an interlocutor, you need to pay attention to several factors:
- Paul the parrot. As experts who are engaged in training wavy birds assure, males are better trained. They are less aggressive, more friendly and memorize speech faster. However, do not forget about the individual characteristics of the bird itself, which can speed up or slow down the learning process.
- Age of the individual. Ornithologists say that it is better to start teaching the parrot, which has reached the period of leaving the nest. This age is 35 days from birth. The period from 35 days to three to four months is considered the most favorable for conducting classes. After five months, the learning process requires a lot of time, effort.
- Color coloring. Lovers confirm the fact that the birds with green color of feathers perceive and study better.
How to teach a wavy parrot to talk?
To teach your pet to broadcast words, you need to make an effort. In addition, it is worthwhile to listen to the advice that the experts have drawn up for organizing the training process for birds:
- Choose a person who will conduct classes with feathered pet. To conduct the entire cycle of classes should the person who started learning. It is desirable that the master of the feathered friend should become such a teacher. Parrots respond well to high voices, so a child, a woman, can play the role of a teacher.
- You can start classes if you have a trusting, good relationship with the bird. To find out if a bird has confidence in you, you can take a test: if a bird sits on your finger, hand, shoulder, then there are no problems with trust. You can begin to teach. If the pet is afraid of you, does not trust, does not sit on the proposed arm, shoulder, then he will not learn to speak yet.
- Before the first lesson you should look at the words to find the most suitable for learning. The first is to teach the feathered pet to respond to his nickname. If the nickname consists of no more than two syllables, then it is worth starting with the name of the parrot.
- Some experts insist that the parrot perceives better information in the state of half-sleep. Therefore, many conduct lessons with a bird in the morning after sleep or in the evening before falling asleep. There is an opinion that it is necessary to cover the cage with the feathery in order to create the illusion of darkness and to cause the state of half-sleep in the bird. It is necessary to remember that it is impossible to cover the cage with a pet. This technique will only adversely affect the formation of confidence in the parrot to the owner.
- Classes with birds should be held in silence. When the parrot hears the words, then nothing should distract him, create noise interference. Against the background of constant switching to noise from the side, the parrot's memory will deteriorate.
- All words that are spoken to the pet for memorization must be pronounced clearly, clearly. Lovers who teach wavy birds to speak, noticed that birds love to reproduce the words with hissing. Therefore, it is necessary to include such words in the set of words that are compiled for learning.
- It is necessary to repeat the words many times. At the same time, the parrot must hear the intonation of the voice; it simply stops responding to the monotonous repetition of words.
- Best of all wavy parrots, like any students, perceive, remember the words in the game, a certain situation. Therefore, it is desirable not only to pronounce specific words, but also to lose them situationally. For example, if the owner gives a pet to eat, then at the same time he can voice the situation "I want to eat." For feathered pet it will be an additional incentive to remember.
- Choose a training method that will be perceived by the wavy best. Classes should be built so that the old words are repeated first, and then the parrot heard new phrases.
What needs to be considered when training?
The learning process will not be short. Depending on the abilities of the wavy friend, you can hear the first words in two or three months. Although, it all depends on the individual characteristics of the parrots. There are individuals who begin to reproduce the words after two weeks of training. Before starting the training, you need to tune in to the fact that the lessons will be held for a long time.
There are conditions that can positively affect learning:
- Training should begin only after schooling feathered pet.
- It is not necessary to conduct lessons if you are in a bad mood. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the state and mood of the lessons of the “student” itself.
- Before conducting classes should make sure that the parrot is not hungry. It is believed that it is better to train a feathered pet when it is hungry. On the other hand, if the bird is hungry, then it experiences discomfort, stress, which will negatively affect the result of training.
- Classes should be carried out systematically, try to engage in one temporary periods. Some experts believe that during the day you can conduct classes several times, the duration of which should be about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Improve learning can and additional techniques. So you can alternate the verbal pronouncing of words with listening to the same word through a tape recorder. However, the teacher himself must be present when playing words through a tape recorder. Otherwise, if the wavy listens to the recording alone, then in solitude he will speak.
- At the time of the lessons it is necessary to remove all toys and a mirror from the cage. All these elements can distract the feathered friend from the class. After class, all the toys are returned to the site.
- Lessons need to complicate. If the parrot began to repeat the first words, you can proceed to the next. From words you can go to small phrases, phrases.
- In order for memorization to be long-term, it is necessary to repeat the learned words.
- If you teach a few parrots, then classes should be conducted with each separately.
- At the same time, you can pronounce several words similar in pronunciation. Wisps are picky, so not all the words they want to reproduce.
- Parrots love to repeat words that have a certain emotional attitude. Therefore it is worth choosing the words positive, affectionate, with a raised intonation.
- Constantly give support to your pet, praise it, encourage your favorite sweets.
- If you do not get the expected results, you can not shout, show your displeasure to the feathered. Such negative remarks only cause reluctance to continue to engage.
How to understand that classes are conducted correctly?
If the training is like a feathered wavy, then it will respond positively to classes. In this case, the owner may note the following factors:
- The wavy listener attentively to the teacher during the lesson. The interest of the parrots express the inclination of the head to the subject of interest.
- Before class, he sits on his finger.
- After the teacher stops talking, the parrot begins to bite his lips, tries to make new sounds.
Feathery pets have a well-developed intuition. Therefore, in order for the training to produce good results, it is necessary to sincerely take care of your pet, be attentive to it, and create comfortable conditions. Then wavy feathered pets can become excellent interlocutors for their owners.