What Russian man does not like fishing and everything connected with it? We can argue that there are few of them. Fish in Russia has always been valued in any form: fried, salted, smoked, dried - there are hundreds of ways to cook a delicious fish dish in our country. If you add to this an almost national love for fishing, then it becomes clear why fish farming now is one of the most profitable and interesting areas in small and medium businesses. However, if a sterlet or a sturgeon just to catch a bait is an expensive pleasure, then, for example, to catch a carp with a guarantee for only 100-200 rubles is quite acceptable. Breeding carp in the pond in the country is available to almost anyone., and today we will talk about how to combine hobby and business.
We already told our readers how to breed sturgeon. Breeding carp at home is somewhat different from growing "royal" fish, and at first glance it seems quite simple exercise. What can there be difficult? I started fry, feed them, wait for them to grow up, regularly clean the pond from pollution - that's all. After some time, money can be rowed with a shovel. Is it really? Now find out!
Pros and cons of a carp breeding project
Breeding carp at home as a business, like any other business venture has its advantages and disadvantages. Why precisely carp? Why not bream, carp, or any other fish?
- In favor of growing carp, the fact that carp - extremely unpretentious fishable to live even in a shallow pool. Therefore, the level of knowledge for the beginner "karpovoda" may be minimal, or even zero. All the necessary information can be found on the Internet. For starters, this article will be quite enough.
- Carp breeds very easily. Remember how in a few years Australia was overrun with rabbits. What has become a real disaster for the continent? So the carp is the same rabbit, only in the water. And if it is not caught from time to time, it will overflow all rivers. Joke, of course. But carp is really very easy to breed. The female brings about 300 thousand eggs at a time. Even if only a tenth of them survive, this is still a very solid number.
- Breeding carp in the pond provides opportunities for the development of many additional areas, for example, selling or renting fishing rods, fishing equipment, barbecues, tents, if the fish is bred in the pond. You can take a fee for parking in the recreation area, and even for using the volleyball court on the beach. You can organize a rope park on the shore or open an arbaletno-ray shooting range - entertainment for real men.
- Trading carp is almost always stable market for its products. Fish is taken not only by private buyers, but also by catering establishments - cafes, restaurants, etc.
- The possibility of quick payback. Growing carp from the fry stage is a long process, requiring patience and quite significant investments. But if you immediately buy fry two years old, then it will go much faster.
- Parallel organization of a fish farm for growing fry.
As you can see, the advantage of carp over other types of fish is very solid. Now let's pay attention to some of the disadvantages of this project, which, by the way, are much smaller:
- The duration and complexity of the business. How to rent a pond can be found on the link - http://business-poisk.com/kak-vzyat-prud-v-arendu-texnicheskaya-storona-voprosa.html, technically it is quite doable, again we will not describe this procedure . But all this is only for those who have strong enough nerves. We will have to go through several environmental assessments on the purity of water in the pond, health checks of fish, etc.
- Probable difficulties with the content of carp. Growing carp in a pond, almost the natural habitat of fish is one thing, and growing carp in the UZV - installing a closed water supply, growing carp in cages or in the pool - quite troublesome. You need to constantly monitor the temperature of the water, the content of oxygen in the water, and a bunch of other factors.
In what places can carp be bred?
Breeding carp at home in a pond can be of two options:
- Or it will be a natural reservoir,
- Or artificially dug.
The pond created by nature is good because it already has everything you need to inhabit the fish in it. The only possible difficulties are the need to cleanse it of pollution and hassle with controlling the movement of fish.
With the creation of an artificial pond, there is more trouble - you need to dig it, fill it with water, plants, wait for the formation of silt - but then you will definitely be aware of the conditions in which your "wards" live.
There are three main factors that need attention when choosing a suitable pond:
- Water temperature in different periods of the year. If the water is warmer than 30 0 С, you can wind down your business. At this temperature, the level of oxygen in the water begins to decrease, and the fish simply suffocates. When the temperature is too low, carps become sluggish and gain weight very slowly. However, temperature is amenable to regulation, in which two subsequent factors take part.
- The depth of the pond. If it is more than 1.5 meters, then such a reservoir definitely will not work. The water does not warm to the bottom, where carp love to live, and the instability of warming also adversely affects fish, especially fry.
- The presence of aquatic plants in the pond. Plants saturate the water with oxygen, shade the bottom in too much heat, but they should not be in excess.
back to index ↑
Subtleties buying fish
Buying carp, which is called "with hands" - this is the best thing you can do. To ruin your business, not yet starting it. The price is, of course, somewhat lower than in officially registered nurseries, fish farms and farms, but if the fish suddenly turns out to be sick or too young, i.e. instead of "two-year-olds" you will be given a year-old carp, you can only complain to yourself and yourself.
For the whole purchased batch of fish must be a certificate confirming its quality. Read reviews from other buyers on the websites, and even better to meet them in person, because reviews can always be faked. back to index ↑
Carp breeding technology
Growing a carp in a pond in the country, or in other conditions is actually not so difficult. As we said at the beginning of the article, you really only need to monitor the temperature of the water, its oxygen content, and, of course, feed the fish on time. During the mating period, it is necessary to plant "families" from one carp and two females into a separate reservoir, and after the fry appear, transplant the adult fish back into the common pond, otherwise the fry will simply become food for them. back to index ↑
By nature, carp is a very cautious and shy fish. Seasoned fishermen understand what is at stake. But captive-born fish quickly becomes accustomed to new owners, so there should not be any particular trouble feeding you. Feeding mode - twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. The daily amount of food - about 3% of the total weight of the fish.
Food should not be simply thrown into the water, it should be lowered in a special feeder so that the fish could not drag it all over the reservoir, as a result of which the rotting food remains will poison the water and the fish itself.
Feeding carp provides three ways:
- Extensive, in which the carp lives "on everything natural", i.e. feeds on what it finds in the pond itself - vegetation, insect larvae, etc. The method does not require any costs, but the result of such feeding will be skinny fish, not very attractive for fishing or for cooking.
- Semiintense In this case, oats are added to the natural feed. Barley, wheat, any cereals - in general, is also not a costly option.
- Intensive. With this method, carp are fed exclusively with poultry or pork feed, which contributes to the rapid gaining of fish weight and its suitability for sale. The only minus - feed, according to some gourmets, gives fish meat a foreign flavor.
Marketing and possible sales channels
As mentioned above: there will be no problems with the sale of such popular products. But the buyer himself will not come to you. Any marketing activities will still have to hold. This may be advertising in fishing stores, catering establishments, which will offer your fish, creating your own website and advertising in social networks.
In addition to the sales channels mentioned at the beginning of the article, you can open your own outlet - a separate store, or just a tent on the market. From time to time it is possible to hold competitions for the largest in weight caught fish with valuable prizes for the first places. Your profit from such events will be the payment for advertising sponsors.
Advantages and disadvantages of breeding carps
Independent cultivation of carp has both its advantages and disadvantages.
- Fast growth - Unlike other members of its family, this cultural species is growing very quickly, reaching weight up to 400-500 grams by the end of the first year. At the end of the second year, the fish is able to achieve a commercial weight of 1 kg.
- Simplicity - carp is not so whimsical about the content of oxygen in the water like most river freshwater fish.
- High quality meat - it is this fish is soft, tasty and has a relatively small number of small bones.
- Frequent incidence fish with a very dense population of capacity
- Initial costs for the purchase of fry and device pool is quite high
Purchase of fry
Buy fry should only in specialized fish farms having a good reputation and working for quite some time.
It is better to transport the purchased fry in spacious buckets or fishing channels. Water is better to take from a pond or lake in extreme cases - rain.
Catering - what and how to feed
Feed the launched carp should be twice a day:
- Early in the morning - when the sun rose and warmed up enough water
- In the eveningbefore sunset
It is better to use as feed:
- Finely chopped rain worms
- Aft bloodworm
- Larvae caddis
- Steamed cereals - oats, wheat, barley
- Bread rye
In order for all sorts of bottom microorganisms to be present in the basin, small crustaceans with which the carp feeds on it, it is necessary to periodically add water from a nearby pond or lake. It is also necessary to periodically feed fish with special compound feeds.
In order to periodically catch the largest copies feed the fish in the same place making it a small tray in which the feed will fall asleep
Food should be filled up in small portions so that it is completely eaten by fish and not dropped to the bottom of the tank, rotting there over time and causing deterioration in water quality.
Pool location and size
The pool can be either bought ready plastic, or poured by yourself.
Pools for breeding fish from polypropylene
The most convenient for growing carp on the plot or cottage is a round plastic or polypropylene container with a diameter of 2 to 3 meters and a depth of at least 1.2-1.5 meters.
It is better to have a container in such a way that a part of it would be illuminated most of the day in the summer by the sun, while the other would be in the shade. Such an arrangement will help to avoid overheating of the water and allow the fish in the heat to take shelter in the cool shade.
Also pools can be located in frame greenhouses or garage.
The carp is a big fish of brown or yellow-green color, living according to some sources up to 30 years, and by this time they can reach 50 kg! Their rapid growth contributes to some omnivorous. Also “carp” is translated from Greek as “harvest”, and carps are really quite “fruitful” - the male carp fertilizes about a million eggs laid by the female.
Economically, raising carps is quite beneficial due to its rapid growth and low demands on living conditions. At about 2 years, they reach their marketable weight - 1.5-2 kg. They are quite meaty, and their meat is of high quality. The price of kg of live fish on our shelves is about 110-120 rubles. In addition, this business is attractive and the fact that agricultural enterprises, which include all fish farms, have switched to a single agricultural certificate. Now entrepreneurs pay the state only 6% of income reduced by expenses, freed from VAT, income tax, unified social tax and property tax.
Carp Pond Requirements
Wondering where to breed fish? For beginners, you can use an artificial pond. And now we will look at how this artificial pond should be.
Since carp are living creatures, they require certain conditions for their life, namely: the optimal amount of oxygen in the pond is not lower than 6-8mg / l, because fish cannot breathe pure oxygen, and from lowering the level of oxygen in water, carp can to die from suffocation, and one more thing - the optimal depth of the pond is 1.8-2 m.
Undoubtedly, an important point to consider when breeding carps is the temperature regime. Growth of fish in the period of maturation largely depends on this indicator. The most favorable temperature is 18–20 degrees. In summer, it can increase to 22–29 degrees. In such a temperature regime, the carp fully uses fodder and, accordingly, grows well.
Depending on the climatic conditions, the carp pond can be of 2 types: elevated ponds are most suitable for the southern climatic zones, and for cold-clipped zones, deepened ponds are effective, where the water temperature does not fluctuate so sharply.
A pond with an area of 5 hectares is enough to produce 10 tons of carp. It is interesting that the larger the reservoir, the easier it is to breed fish in it. A small reservoir is difficult to exploit, because it cools down quickly and warms up quickly, so it has a busy hydrochemical regime. In a large body of water, the temperature regime is more even, which is favorable for all fish. If you follow the standard carp technology, then there should be a small flow in the pond. In addition, it is necessary to provide for the possibility of filtering water. The best option is a two-stage cleaning system that allows you to remove the waste of fish.
It is desirable that the carp pond was a drain: it will greatly facilitate the process of catching in the fall. To do this, you can build a dam, if, for example, a reservoir formed by damming the river.
Ponds can be of a regular and arbitrary shape. If you plan to mark the reservoir near the buildings, it is better to choose a regular (correct) shape. This can be a square, rectangle, or circle. Landscape (arbitrary) style can be used if the complex terrain does not allow to build a reservoir of the correct form.
The cost of creating a reservoir, provided that you do the work yourself, will be:
Excavator rental, 1 working shift - 15,000 rubles.
Rental of 2 dump trucks, 1 shift - 20 000 rubles.
Sand for drainage - 8 000 rubles.
Material for waterproofing - 180,000 rubles.
Total: 223,000 rubles.
If financial opportunities do not allow to build such a reservoir, then you can try to breed carp in cages. The most important thing is to find rates or any other body of water in which you can install cages for growing fish. This method can be used if you plan to engage in carp breeding at home for sale. Cages are made from durable sackcloth and nylon network. They are attached to a wooden frame with floats, which use iron barrels with a capacity of 150 liters. After this, the tank is filled with a fry, weighing 25–30 g. Per 1 cu. Meter can be placed 200 pieces.
They can be made independently without serious expenses, and you can buy a finished tank, but the price depends on the form and configuration, and varies from 10,000 to 200,000 rubles.
Another option is a small sealed fiberglass pool. Fish are placed there at the end of March or at the beginning of April, when the water begins to warm up gradually. In such a pool, carp with proper care will be able to gain up to 1.5 kg until December.
By the way, it would be advisable to place your facilities, be it a pool, cages or a reservoir, away from the city, from busy roads, so that the carp would not be disturbed by any of the extraneous noise. In addition, you need to take care that one part is in the shade, and the other is in the sun.
На самом деле, если Вы хотите только протестировать технологию этого бизнеса, понять, нравится она Вам или нет, то мы советуем Вам просто выкопать у себя в участке самостоятельно яму размером 10 на 10 метров, организовать фильтрацию и смело запустить карпа, кормя его самым обычным комбикормом для птиц и животных, варёным картофелем, горохом, дождевыми червями и т.д.
Самые большие затраты для разведения это корма — примерно 50-60% от всех затрат. Конечно, можно запустить карпа в пруд и ждать, пока он вырастет, кормясь на естественной базе, но, к сожалению, ждать придется слишком долго.
In the intensive method of carp feeding, the main emphasis is on such basic components as high planting density, plus the use of Reflex feeders for high-protein nutritional feeds with a protein content of at least 26-28% and fat - 5-7%. They are most effective, although they are more expensive than conventional feed by 20%. The average price of feed for carp - 25-28 rubles per kg. To get an increase in weight per 1 kg, carp need to eat 3.5-4 kg.
When feeding fish, the main thing is to know the measure. If you feed too much food - the fish will not eat everything, but the hydrochemical regime of the reservoir may change. And, as a result, the fish will stop growing. On average, carp should be fed daily in an amount of 1.5-3% of the calculated weight of all fish in the pond, depending on the water temperature. The colder it is, the less feed is required, as the body temperature of the carp depends on the water temperature. In cold water, its metabolism slows down.
As a rule, carp is fed 2 times a day: in the morning and in the evening, and it is advisable to pour the food in a specific tray.
It is also extremely important to monitor the health of the fish, as it is possible to lose your entire farm in the shortest possible time, if you do not notice the time of illness and fish epidemics, such as aeromonosis (rubella), intestinal parasites, branhomikroz. Therefore, it is important to make a control catch every 10-15 days, to watch growth, the state of the internal organs and gills, and depending on this, apply the treatment. Because of all this, it is worthwhile to regularly add to the diet of carp medicated feed with antibiotics or with drugs that increase immunity. You should also not be greedy, and hire a specialist who understands the health and treatment of fish.
When fishing for carp ponds, another “weedy” fish comes across with it. For example, carp. It is unprofitable to plant it: it grows too slowly. But when fishing on an industrial scale, the crucian can be sold for 15-20 rubles per kg or transplanted into ponds for paid fishing.
Big fish is in demand on the market, and for carp the optimal weight is 1.2-1.7 kg. For a set of this size they need as much as 3 years! In one summer they gain up to 25 grams, in the 2nd summer - up to 200 grams, and in the 3rd summer they gain up to 1 kg.
The cycle of carp cultivation ends in the autumn, when all farms lower (or fish) ponds, then a huge amount of fish appears on the shelves of shops, and their prices drop significantly. Unfortunately, during this period, business is on the verge of profitability, but there are always ways to solve this problem, if there is an opportunity for it. For example, you can overdo carp before the New Year and more, and only then gradually introduce it into the market when the price of fish slowly begins to stabilize. The only disadvantage of such a venture is that carp in winter lose weight (20%), and no one has canceled the sea fish (only 10%). Surplus fish can be smoked, made aspic and produce other food products.
Fish prices for your farm
Now about the most important thing: the acquisition of carp for your farm. There are several options here.
Firstly, the easiest way is to buy carp planting material, these are fry from 14 to 40 grams. And it's all worth about 150-200 rubles per kg.
Secondly, it is possible to catch fry in the fall in an ordinary pond, and in the spring to settle in your artificial reservoir.
Thirdly, the most profitable, but at the same time, and very difficult - is to buy fertilized eggs, self-incubating it. You can order 100 thousand fertilized eggs for about 25,000 rubles. True, if the economy is beginning, then it is better not to risk it, since it is, however, very difficult.
The biggest drawback of fish farming is the long payback period of their investments. Therefore, we advise first to use the 4th option in passing, namely: to buy two-year-old fish weighing up to 200 grams, it will cost much more. But for 1 season you can fatten the carp to the presentation.
Water in the pool should be updated. For this, the following system is mounted:
- Filter with pump drawing water from a nearby stream or small river
- PE pipe attached to the pump and supplying water to the tank
- Drain line from a polyethylene pipe of bigger diameter than the giving. Have a drain line at the bottom of the tank and output in a stream or river, installing a tap or cap at the end
If there is no river or a stream nearby, then it is necessary to use water from a well that is pumped into the pool by a submersible filter pump. In this case, the water should be drained through the filter to the sewer.
Although carp is unpretentious to the content of dissolved oxygen in water, its a deficiency can lead to a slowdown in growth or complete death of the entire population.
To increase the oxygen content, special aerators or low-power compressors should be used.
Reproduction carp process is quite laborious. To do this, when catching 2-3 year old fish in the fall, leave several large heterosexual individuals in the tank so that they spawn in spring:
- In order for the carp to multiply make two separate ponds spawning and nursery. Spawning should be 3 × 3 meters in size with a depth of no more than 0.5 meters. The nursery pond should be slightly larger in area and depth. Its optimal size is a square with a side length of 4 meters and a depth of 1.5 meters.
- In the ponds need provide fresh water supply system from a river or stream, well, as well as its discharge
- In early spring when warming up water to 18–20 ° C, 1-2 males should be transplanted into the spawning pond first in the afternoon, and closer to the evening - 1
- In order for females to lay their eggs at the pond in advance, shake with reeds or cattailor place freshly cut meadow sod on the bottom
- After fertilized larvae hatch, large carp must be returned to the pool
- After 6-8 days the spawning pond should be lowered, and the larvae should be fished out with a fine-mesh net and transplanted into the nursery pond
- In the nursery pond the larvae should be fed with small bloodworms, special feed, powdered milk
- Before winter, the nursery pond must be pulled down., and grown fry weighing 15-20 grams. transplanted into a pool or a large home aquarium
What to do in the winter with a carp in the pond
- In winter, dug into the ground or solid concrete pool carp can overwinter provided the fact that the tank does not freeze to the bottom and enough oxygen will get into it
- In order for the container not to freeze after the ice cover sufficiently durable for walking is formed on it cover with a large layer of snow in the absence of such - insulation mats and foil, providing places for drilling holes
- In order to get oxygen into the pool in its ice cover by fishing ice drill need to make a few holes and make sure that they do not freeze
- If the container is located indoors or in a greenhouse, then for winter feeding carp should be reduced, make feed according to fish activity
Business payback for beginners
Breeding carp is not only an opportunity to always have fresh self-grown fish, but also quite profitable business. Let's try to calculate its approximate profitability.
- Pool from polypropylene with a volume of 2.7 m 3 - 26 000 rubles.
- Malek –3000 rub. (500 pieces) full capacity
- Feed - Purchased feed at a rate of 1 bag per month and the duration of feeding minus autumn and winter from May to September (5 months), the cost of purchasing it at the cost of one bag weighing 40 kg at 640 rubles. two years will amount to 6400 rubles.
The total amount of all expenses is 35,400 rubles.
- Taking into account the population density of a tank of a given size not less than 200 year old fry per 1 m 3 and a percentage of their death in the first year with normal feeding not more than 5% in the second year in the pool you can grow about 500 carps weighing about 1 kg - 500 kg of fish
- A carp of commercial weight of 1 kg has an average cost of about 130 rubles - the sale of all grown fish will bring 65,000 rubles.
- Less all expenses equal to 35,400 rubles. profit is 29 600 rubles., and the estimated profitability of growing carp at home is:
Profitability = (Profit / Expense) × 100 = (29 600/35 400) × 100 = 83.6%
Growing carp in the backyard area can be not only a good hobby, but also a fairly profitable business, even for a novice fish farmer.
Choosing a breed and buying fry
For different regions it is worth choosing the appropriate breed. Altai and Sarboyan carp adapt well to life in Siberia, in the north and in the center they usually breed Chuvash or Central Russian, Parsky. For the southern regions are suitable Stavropol and Krasnodar.
Universal breed - mirror, it is bred everywhere.
Breeding carp fry can begin with the purchase of 30-40 young fingerlings, they quickly grow and multiply, so a small number is enough. The purchase will take about $ 15. Before transporting the larvae should spend several hours under running water to clean the gills and intestines from contamination. They are transported in water from the place of the previous habitat and together with it are drained into the equipped rates.
Pond and fry launch
For breeding suitable quiet, open to the sun, the area fenced from various noises. There are two options for home improvement: dig up an artificial pond or buy a swimming pool. Dimensions of the pit: at least 4x6 meters in length and width, depth - 1.5-3 m.
The bottom of the self-excavated pond must be compacted: pour sand over the ground and pour concrete solution. When it dries, a PVC film or clay is placed on top, and only then water is poured.
Keeping fish in a pool is easier: easier to clean water and maintain optimum temperature.
The tank of the right size will cost about $ 650. Keeping carp involves regular water purification. A two-stage filter with biological and mechanical cleaning (Ecosoft, Leader) costs $ 250-300.
Water is taken from a nearby natural reservoir, artesian, flowing. Within a few days, the liquid settles. Then the larvae are launched into it at the rate of no more than 10-15 heads per 1 cubic meter. The optimal time for stocking a pond is March-April. To speed up the reproduction of microorganisms in it, put an armful of grass on the bottom.
Conditions of detention
Required water parameters:
- Temperature - + 24 ... + 26 degrees in the summer and + 18 ... + 20 degrees in the spring,
- Acidity - 7-8 ph
- The oxygen content is in the range of 7-8 mg / l.
Adults are fed twice a day. Lure must be organized in a permanent place, and food is not thrown directly into the pond to avoid contamination.
Running the fish into the pool
Run the fry should be bought either in spring or autumn.
Spring stocking is preferable - the fish before wintering have time to gain weight and adapt to the habitat conditions
Spring fry is necessary when water warmed to a temperature of 22-25 ° C.
Carp breeding business
Karp-very tenacious and unpretentious in essence fish. Below you will see that even carping at the cottage is not a difficult task, which can be implemented in just a few days.
In addition, the requests of this fish are not only amazed by their minimum content, but also make you just become a fan of carp.
So why did so many people come to the issue of carp breeding with such persistence? ... Let me sign the main points.
The meaning of carp breeding or who needs it
As I said above, the market situation is such that it pushes to grow fish even at their dacha. So why is this all happening?
Here are the main reasons for carp breeding:
- The request is not great. This fish is not just the object of our attention. The fact is that in comparison even with the breeding of unpretentious aquarium fish, our hero is distinguished by truly tenacious characters. I will tell you about the care and maintenance of carp below.
- Carp price. Unfortunately, the situation is such that today a kilogram of carp can reach from 200-400 rubles, and this figure only increases every year. Therefore, wishing to engage in breeding carp in the pond every day more and more.
As you hope, you managed to notice this case has a number of advantages, which put this business to a decent level in terms of prospects for development and increase in the volume of profits.
So let's talk about the idea of growing carp at home in more detail.
Carp water temperature
Carp, although considered unpretentious fish, but still requires a certain range of water temperature for a normal existence.
For this kind of fish, the temperature will be +30 ° C. The fact is that this temperature lowers the percentage of oxygen in the water and your pets may suffocate.
Unfortunately, when breeding carp in a pond, the death of one fish can lead to the death of the others due to the rotting of the first one.
Actually, due to the temperature, the carp mostly lives the lion's share of life at depth, in muddy holes and is looking for food there as well.
There were cases when a carp accidentally caught in a puddle quietly coexisted in it until the water completely dried out.
This fish can live in extremely extreme conditions, even in the presence of wet soil, as in the case of a puddle.
Features feeding carp
On the question of how to breed carp, we would like to tell you first of all about the feeding of this fish.
If you breed carp at home, then do not forget about one important thing. You have to do the feeding in one place.
This method is taken from anglers and allows you to influence the movement of fish.
In this way, you will always know where to catch the adults. They will be approaching this place during the feeding time.
Often it is morning and evening. In terms of diet, we can say that the carp is omnivorous and many compare it with pigs.
This comparison did not come in appearance, but rather in the way of nutrition. Just like a pig, carp eats everything they give it, the main thing is that there are no different chemical additives in this content.
And so you can easily throw him vegetable food, or in the end, when breeding carp in the country - to dig worms.
Here is a list of the main stages in the breeding of carp both at home, for example at the cottage, and in the pond at mass breeding:
Preparing a place for breeding carp
You must choose a place in which it will be convenient to organize the reservoir. Will it be big or not is not important.
The main thing is the quality of the soil and its professional suitability for the organization of the reservoir.
One of my good friends decided to organize a pond in his country: he hired an excavator, chose a place and set to work. By the way I will say the place was really good. There were earthen ramparts around and a small stream flowed through the center. In fact, it was only necessary to build a normal dam at the end and that’s it. However, the land was heavily dug up by moles and the water was constantly going down the mole holes. There have been cases when in the morning there was a full body of water, and in the evening there was a small puddle of it. Thus the idea failed miserably.
We build a reservoir and fill it with water
If you are fully confident that the ground will allow you to make a reservoir, then you should pay your attention to the construction.
Growing carp at home should be guided by common sense and you should understand that for a normal breeding you need a constant source of water.
If this is not, then you can not create a normal pond in a priori. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account a number of factors from the ground, to a permanent source of water.
After all, if the water is stagnant and will not even be partially updated, then soon it will become green and this situation will definitely not please the fish.
In addition, we note that after filling your reservoir immediately run the fish should not be.
It is necessary to wait a few hours, or rather a day, so that the water warms up and is not a cold shower for carp.
As you can see, breeding carp both at home and when breeding in a pond requires some minor conditions, primarily in the organization of the reservoir and its constant maintenance.
Features breeding carp
Spawning carp in your pond is the first call to ensure that everything is done correctly.
It is necessary to take into account the fact that in small reservoirs, with a large number of fish, spawning can continue until late summer. It's all about a small area of the reservoir.
Fussing about this is not particularly worth it, but still a spacious pond will create for you more conditions and advantages for carp breeding.
Therefore, the increase in the area of the reservoir, you should be in the first roles when looking at the future of your business.
Actually for sale carp take after spawning. I advise you not to select the largest individuals, but to find medium-sized fish.
The fact is that, like many fish, carp with old age loses its taste characteristics and should be left for breeding.
Hopefully we answered the question of how to breed carp and proved to you the prospects of this business. Другие идеи для начала своего дела Вы можете посмотреть на нашем сайте бизнес-идей и планов, так же не забываем подписываться в нашу группу новых бизнес-идей и планов, чтобы быть в курсе последних событий в бизнесе.
Разведение карпа и форели как бизнес
Before you begin to translate ideas into reality, you need to determine the direction, choose what kind of fish you will breed for sale. Carp and trout are the most popular and popular among the population. Therefore, it is important to make a choice because the technology of fisheries will directly depend on this.
If possible, it is better to breed two varieties: carp and trout. Carp - fish unpretentious, for its content fit a variety of reservoirs. To plant this type is simple, you can study the necessary information from a book or the Internet.
Trout breeding is a much more difficult process, one needs to have experience and education. This variety is very whimsical regarding conditions of keeping and breeding. Therefore, for people who are not well versed in this area, it is better to choose another occupation.
How to breed carp and trout at home?
Particular attention should be paid to the habitat of the fish. For breeding fit piece of water or a pond. As noted above, carp is less capricious, the optimum temperature in the pond for growing this fish is 24–25 degrees, the depth is from 1.5–2 meters.
Trout, more delicate kind of fish. The optimum temperature in the trout pond is 15–19 degrees, as the temperature rises, the fish may die, so you need to monitor the water body. Thus, the depth of the pond should be not less than 10 meters, only in such an environment rearing trout will be possible.
Growing carp at home: carp fingerlings
Growing carp fry is not easy, but not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. Of course, before you start cultivating the cultivation of carp fingerlings, you need to take into account a lot of subtleties, prepare a pond and prepare feed, but the result is worth it.
Yearlings are podroshchennye carp fry, which have a mass of about five grams. With proper maintenance and feeding, by the fall they are fully prepared in the winter and fatten up to thirty grams, and the next year up to five hundred grams or more.
So, first of all you need to prepare a pond for growing fry. As a rule, ponds are filled with flood waters, so you can be sure that there are no other fish in them. The water should stand for some time in order not only to warm up to the required temperature, but also to find a stable microclimate, which is very important for the growth and normal development of small fish. Then in this movable ponds are planted their spawning ponds or launch purchased fry.
In the first days after transplantation (especially if young one-year-olds were brought long enough and with shakes) a significant proportion of the fry often die. Therefore, counting how much fish to buy, these losses must be taken into account even before the purchase. On average, the loss is about thirty percent, so you need to buy fry approximately with such a stock.
In order to optimize losses and feed the fish according to their characteristics, the larvae are fed with special feed. There are two advantages to such feeding. First of all, this food is balanced, contains the optimal amount of protein and phosphorus, necessary for the development of larvae. And, which is also important, such feeding increases the resistance of the larvae to the environment, and hence their survival. Another widely used feed to grow carp larvae,
these are cereals that need to be enriched with other additives: legumes, fodder with animal base (for example, bone meal), etc.
If there is a significant amount of bioplankton in the ponds, the consumption of the feed used for raising carp can be spent about a third less than indicated in the regulations, due to the fact that the boy is quite unpretentious and omnivorous.
Growing carp at home is not an easy task, but with proper organization of the business, in two years you can get carps. Growing fingerlings is only the first stage, laborious, but no less joyful, because this is the first stage of raising carps.
Many experts say that among the advantages of carp breeding there is fish survival to the pond, lack of nutrition and accelerated growth. Therefore, if there is an artificial reservoir or pool at the dacha, it is necessary to use this. But for breeding carps at home, you should know some of the pitfalls and techniques to be able to get the desired result.
Characteristic and description carp
This kind of freshwater fish widespread and belongs to the genus carp. Its original homeland is Asia, but nowadays this fish is known almost all over the world. Karp became famous because it is quite in demand in the industrial sector and it is profitable to breed.
It is interesting! History knows such a case, when English and German fishermen caught carps weighing 38-40 kg on the rod. But the Guinness Book is a record holder who was caught weighing 41 kg and about 17 years old.
Domestic individuals, unlike wild carps, grow faster and take root easily in the territories of Russia and Ukraine. The most popular carp species in the aquaculture industry is considered to be the framed and scaly Ukrainian carp. But fish farmers from ancient times Mirror carps are valued for breeding. Their length is 100 cm, the weight of adult specimens ranges from 35 to 120 kg. This type of fish can be caught only in Asian spaces, and in the CIS countries their weight does not exceed 50 kg.
It is interesting! Life expectancy is 50 years. They can lay about 800 eggs, if the water temperature is not below 17 degrees.
For breeding carps at home, it is advisable to buy fry on fish farms. To do this, you should find out all the necessary information about the farm, about how it has recommended itself on the market and whether the organization has been established for a long time. When buying fry, you need to request a license, inquire about the presence of diseases and possible epidemics that have recently been.
All these factors influence the success of the future business.After all, before purchasing such nuances affect the adaptation to a new place of residence, so you also need to look at the conditions of the fish. Most start-up fish businessmen believe that if you buy unfertilized caviar and make Weiss's adaptation in the home, you can easily raise the young.
This method of cultivation is quite effective, but there is one drawback - using this device is not so, then it just seems at first glance that this requires experience and special knowledge, otherwise it will not work for a good young year for wintering. If such a decision was made, then you should prepare to re-purchase the fry on the fish farm, which, in turn, will take time.
Important advice! Farmers with great experience recommend acquiring fingerlings of at least 1 year old who have experienced wintering.
Breeding carp at home
Before breeding carps at home, you must properly equip the pool or pond. Need to create a comfortable environment for fish.
Breeding carps in the pool
This option assumes a depth of at least 100 cm and a volume of at least 15 cubic meters. Carp - fish gets accustomed to different conditions, so plastic, concrete, ceramics and wood can be used for the pool, forms are also allowed to be used of various types. The pool for fish should be equipped with a special compressor, filters, drain system, aerators and sterilizers.
But despite the laborious effortsMost fish farmers prefer to grow carps in pools. In this case, it is possible to control the temperature and circulation of water, and this significantly affects the vital activity of the fish. The pool is effective in that it is easy to establish the desired level of oxygen.
Silos appeared not so long ago and have already begun to gain popularity. The principle of construction is as follows: water flows from the bottom and, overflowing around the circumference, fills the container to the desired level. There is a disadvantage, the size of this pool is quite small, which is very unprofitable. Carp should be launched into the pool when microflora has formed. As the fish grows, it is recommended to periodically drain and fill with new water.
Need to know! April and March - the best time to run fry.
Breeding caps in the pond
If there is already an old pond in the country house, it is enough to carry out cleaning and provide the pond with vegetable food. But similar reservoirs are not always available, in this case for breeding carp, it should be created by artificial means. Preparation will not take more than 1 year. The parameters of the pond according to the technology are: an average depth of 150 cm, and an area of at least 300 * 300 cm. Trees and grass are always planted along the coast - this will ensure the consolidation of the edges of the reservoir. At the end, special algae and the rest of the vegetation for food are planted.
Some fish farmers advise to compact the bottom, and this is done with concrete and sand. A rubber film is laid over the frozen solution, then water is poured and zooplankton is raised, and the artificial nature of the reservoir is subsequently created. Carps prefer warm water, so filling with cold is strongly not recommended.
After the whole process, the water in the pond should be instilled to a temperature of 25 degrees on average. To make the microflora in an accelerated mode, it is enough to take a couple dozen buckets of water from a wild reservoir and add it to an artificial pond. At lowlands it is not advisable to build a container, as well as near roads.
Need to know! You should not allow waterfowl to settle on the pond, they can carry the infection.
After 9 months of breeding carp, an individual can grow 500 grams of small caviar if a full and balanced diet is given to fish. For fry as food suitable such living creatures: clams, insect larvae, ciliates, worms and small crustaceans. According to the technology, carps are bred in a semi-intensive and intensive way:
- Semi-intensive method. This method uses agrotechnical and zoological food, for example: oats, corn and wheat. 1500 kg of fish are obtained per unit area. In the summer season, you need a large amount of protein, for these purposes, suitable feed, after all, as advised by experts.
- Intensive method. Carps feed mainly on vegetation and zooplankton. This method has the advantage that it does not require high expenses for feeding, but there is also a disadvantage, on average 450 kg of fish per unit area. But the food mainly consists of feed with a protein content of 40%. If this method of organizing a reservoir on a large area, then there will be a risk of an epidemic that can destroy all the fish.
It is not recommended to feed fish with a large excess, the remaining food will only pollute the water. One individual feed accounts for 3% of the weight of the fish itself.. Food is carried out 2 times per day.
Winter carp behavior
In the winter season, carps eat less and hibernate. If the artificial reservoir is small in size, the carp may die; it overwinter well in natural ponds. The problem is the lack of oxygen in the water.
The problem is solved! Enough to purchase equipment. In the pond, you must install a device for aeration, which will maintain the temperature within 0 degrees. There is a second option, carp should be moved to a huge room capacity.
After the first snowfall, it is allowed to move the fish back to the reservoir, but with the condition that the water in it is warm enough.
It is important to know! Carps toss fish in shallow water for several days, then they begin to feed intensively, gaining strength. Fish at the age of three can cause rubella, the disease should be prevented in a timely manner. For high profits it is recommended to buy a set of equipment:
- cage nets
- incubator for growing caviar
- filters for cleaning,
- reed mower,
- measuring device
- ultrafiltration sterilizers, as well as ozonizers,
- oxygen generator
- closed type water supply with reverse output,
- car feeder,
This equipment will significantly simplify the task and bring a high profit to the farmer.